PDA

View Full Version : Bangla tour to australia

brockley
June 21, 2008, 02:09 AM
Any news yet.
I know their are 3 one dayers in august.
But i thought i heard their would be 3/4 dayers as well.
What are bangladesh's warm up games.
Anyone know the full itinnery yet.
It won't be long to this is on.

Sohel
June 21, 2008, 05:42 AM
Others tours to Australia after the Bangla tour: -

1. The Serbo-croatian tour, all three variants.

2. The Esperanto tour.

3. The Classical Arabic and Farsi tour with Amazigh and Dari roadies.

Miraz
June 21, 2008, 06:44 AM
31 August 2008 : First ODI
3 September 2008 : 2nd ODI
6 September 2008 - 3rd ODI

Venue : Darwin's Marrara Stadium

Additionally there will be 4 ODI warm-up match and a 3 day match, venue and dates yet to be confirmed.

crikfreak
June 21, 2008, 10:05 AM
31 August 2008 : First ODI
3 September 2008 : 2nd ODI
6 September 2008 - 3rd ODI

Venue : Darwin's Marrara Stadium

Additionally there will be 4 ODI warm-up match and a 3 day match, venue and dates yet to be confirmed.

oh.. i wish there were a few more odis.. 4 odi warm ups??? omg!! why couldn't we have 2 more odi's instead of so many odi warm ups??

Murad
June 21, 2008, 11:33 AM
Seems like we won't be playing the warm-up matches before the ODIs because of the T20 Tournament in Canada.

BCB is trying to change the itenary of the warm-up matches in Australia and we might play the warm-up games after the ODI series is over.

I think this will a very bad idea. We need to accustomed to the Aussie condition by playing the matches before the series starts. If not then we will be losing the matches so badly.

BCB er goru gula takar lobh shamlaite parchena.. but eta o bujhena je ODIs in Australia are more important than T20s in Canada. Money diye ki hobe if we lose so badly in Australia??

They should decline the offer from Pak to play in the T20 in Canada.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTA0NjA4&mid=OA==

abdulmukit
June 21, 2008, 11:53 AM
Seems like we won't be playing the warm-up matches before the ODIs because of the T20 Tournament in Canada.

BCB is trying to change the itenary of the warm-up matches in Australia and we might play the warm-up games after the ODI series is over.

I think this will a very bad idea. We need to accustomed to the Aussie condition by playing the matches before the series starts. If not then we will be losing the matches so badly.

BCB er goru gula takar lobh shamlaite parchena.. but eta o bujhena je ODIs in Australia are more important than T20s in Canada. Money diye ki hobe if we lose so badly in Australia??

so this will be the first time in cricketing history that a team plays ODI's before the warm-ups?.......wot a joke...... why are they so brain less.we need to play thoes warm-up games before the ODI's so that the players can underdstand how ausies pitches gonna behave.theres no point playing it after odis we aint gonna achive anything in that way.

Ajfar
June 21, 2008, 05:48 PM
australia amader playerder kache kichu na...amra australiar sathe warm up koira..onno team gular sathe sotti karer khela diboo

MohammedC
June 21, 2008, 05:54 PM
australia amader playerder kache kichu na...amra australiar sathe warm up koira..onno team gular sathe sotti karer khela diboo

aar oi team ta hoche South Africa Tik na

:hairpull::hairpull:

cricman
June 21, 2008, 05:58 PM

Oh hell no they shouldn't decline anything, We gonna lose badly in Australia any way. They better come to Canada, We played in New Zealand had warmups there the conditions are the same, Come to Canada so I can see them play + ODI's are on the verge to being extinct thanks to a Mr. Stanford and the BCCI

brockley
June 21, 2008, 06:42 PM
Strange to have the warm ups after the one dayers?
Who are the warm ups against,qld? the Academy? northern territory? who?

bujhee kom
June 21, 2008, 08:50 PM
Strange to have the warm ups after the one dayers?
Who are the warm ups against,qld? the Academy? northern territory? who?

yeah, against who?

brockley
June 21, 2008, 09:42 PM
Will the 4 dayer be a first class game?

scoilaheez
June 21, 2008, 10:48 PM
We need as many matches as we can get against quality opposition, the more matches against australia and domestic teams then the better for our development

Eshen
June 22, 2008, 02:23 PM
We have 13 days in between the T20I series in Canada and the ODI series in Australia, I don't see why there should be any problem in scheduling the four-day match (that prothom-alo mentioned) before the ODI series.

brockley
June 22, 2008, 10:03 PM
Whens the full schedule come out,series not far away.

Eshen
July 1, 2008, 06:54 PM
Wickets drop into Darwin

http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=41565

http://cricket.com.au/_content/image/00020581-image.jpg

It will be all hands on deck as two 30 tonne “drop-in” cricket wickets are lowered into the heart of TIO Stadium tomorrow. More than 50 cubic metres of soil and turf will be removed to make way for the two 23m x 3m “drop-in” wickets.

Local curators John Furner and Trent Kelly have been preparing the wickets under the watchful eye of the Gabba’s Kevin Mitchell Jnr in readiness for the three match Commonwealth Bank Series between Australia and Bangladesh starting on 30 August.

NT Cricket’s Head Curator, John Furner says that the international series has given him a unique opportunity to learn more about preparing first class cricket wickets:

“We’re excited about the opportunity to work with somebody of Kevin’s expertise and reputation. The wickets are progressing well. There is good even grass coverage which will hopefully make for a great spectacle.” Mr Furner said.

In a first for Darwin cricket, two local finals of the Darwin and Districts Cricket Competition will be played on the wickets on 26 and 27 July as part of their preparation for the international matches.

al Furqaan
July 1, 2008, 07:00 PM
very excited to see 3 things:

aftab as an opener alongside tamim (hopefully)
rasel's return (hopefully)
how raqib copes against lee and bracken and co.

Ajfar
July 1, 2008, 10:05 PM
very excited to see 3 things:

aftab as an opener alongside tamim (hopefully)
rasel's return (hopefully)
how raqib copes against lee and bracken and co.

i dn't see number one happening anytime soon...the other 2 thou..i'm luking forward to see..

Aritro
July 2, 2008, 08:06 AM
Already booked flights to Darwin and accom, now I'm wondering when the match tickets will be released.

Anyone know?

Tigers_eye
July 2, 2008, 08:42 AM
Already booked flights to Darwin and accom, now I'm wondering when the match tickets will be released.

Anyone know?
Congrats in advance. May you be our eyes!!

Kabir
July 2, 2008, 08:57 AM
Congrats in advance. May you be our eyes!!

And may his air tickets be mine.

MohammedC
July 2, 2008, 06:07 PM

Anyone know?

Commonwealth Bank Series - Darwin

Tuesday 22 July: Tickets on sale to the General Public
Saturday 30 August: 1st Match – Commonwealth Bank Series
Wednesday 3 September: 2nd Match – Commonwealth Bank Series
Saturday 6 September: 3rd Match – Commonwealth Bank Series

Tickets will be available through Darwin Entertainment Centre
Phone Bookings: 08 8980 3333
Internet: www.darwinentertainment.com.au (http://www.darwinentertainment.com.au/)

Corporate hospitality packages will be available through Cricket Australia
Phone Bookings: 03 9653 9930
Email: rsvp@cricket.com.au (rsvp@cricket.com.au)

http://www.cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=nttickets

MohammedC
July 2, 2008, 06:11 PM
According CA website first match is on 30th of August on Cricinfo its 31st. :-/

cricman
July 2, 2008, 08:50 PM
According CA website first match is on 30th of August on Cricinfo its 31st. :-/

Different Parts off the World Different Time Zones I suppose but if the Match isn't a match that starts the 30th Australia time played on the 29th for the rest of the world?

tiger_club
July 3, 2008, 02:15 AM
only 3 ODIs not enough, we need to loose more probably 3 times more.. then we'll know if we're in the same boat..

Eshen
July 3, 2008, 03:01 PM
From http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/07/02/2292505.htm?section=sport
The CEO of NT Cricket Andrew Ramsay is confident the wicket will have enough time to knit properly and become a batsmen's paradise.

"We're trying to develop a wicket with smooth consistent bounce, reasonable bounce. Something that gives the batsman an opportunity to put on a show."

Curator John Furner is predicting scores of about 300 runs for the side batting first.

hoodlum
July 3, 2008, 03:12 PM

:lol::lol:

enaner
July 3, 2008, 09:45 PM

and may not the tickets to the game be sold out for he will then be in darwing eating cotton candy

bourny3
July 4, 2008, 12:31 AM
hoodlum what is your picture of who are they carrying off.

bourny3
July 4, 2008, 12:31 AM
sorry its a bit off topic. It is good bangladesh are going to australia again. But i am dissapointed there are no tests. grrrrrrrr.

One World
July 4, 2008, 02:12 AM

2. The Esperanto tour.

3. The Classical Arabic and Farsi tour with Amazigh and Dari roadies.

The anglo-french franchise tour before aboriginal tour from Bangla perspective grew much attention.

Alien
July 4, 2008, 02:18 AM
I wonder if such tours are at all necessary. It's like a world tour of showing how much we suck in this game.

mahbubH
July 4, 2008, 02:51 AM
hoodlum what is your picture of who are they carrying off.
Probably, Manjarul Islam Rana was carried off by his teammates.

israr
July 4, 2008, 05:01 AM
I wonder if such tours are at all necessary.

Ney mamar cheye kana mama bhalo......

brockley
July 4, 2008, 11:05 PM
I guess this is bangladesh's next big test.
Will look forward to how they go in the warm up games.
Will bangladesh spend some time at the aussie academy?Would be good for them.
For australia it will be a warm up for the icc kncokout,wouldn't be surprised if some players were rested.

Alien
July 5, 2008, 07:39 AM
Ney mamar cheye kana mama bhalo......

Bro, I dunno about deserts of Arabia, but where I live, I feel embarrassed telling I am Bangladeshi because next thing they tell me is "Oh, they have a weak cricket team right?". Happened too many times.

This team of modons is giving everyone a bad name.

israr
July 5, 2008, 05:10 PM
Bro, I dunno about deserts of Arabia, but where I live, I feel embarrassed telling I am Bangladeshi because next thing they tell me is "Oh, they have a weak cricket team right?". Happened too many times.

Our time will come brother, it surely will, and its not as 'far' as everyone thinks.
There will be a day when 'the others' will be on the receiving end, and we'll be the ones mocking them, but till that phase arrives, we just have to bear with the agonising facts. Success won't come until we have completed our journey through 'hell', because;
Behind an every successful story, there are a thousand stories of failures.

Sovik
July 5, 2008, 05:42 PM
i am not sure if i am interested in cricket anymore.

israr
July 5, 2008, 05:45 PM

Why sovik? Is it because of the downfall of Windies, or are you really finding cricket boring.

Sovik
July 5, 2008, 05:51 PM
Why sovik? Is it because of the downfall of Windies, or are you really finding cricket boring.

may be. how long you could cheer for the teams that have been loosing consistently. its been 12 years. i wish i could support australia. life would have been much more fun. and we've got bunch of blondes/morons representing our country.

brockley
July 5, 2008, 10:36 PM
Does anyone know who will show it in austrlaia.

mijanur
July 8, 2008, 12:47 PM
i know its a bit early
tamim
j omar- we need a guy who can stay on the pitch for long. those r the ppl we need
ashraful
rakib
sakib
naeem islam- he has a very good talent
musfiq
mortaza
razzak
rasel
shahadat

other players who should be included in squad is imranul kayus,dhiman,farhad, mehrab hosain jr
:-D:-D:-D

Razi
July 8, 2008, 12:53 PM
It is not at all early just 53 days 7 hours before you made the team.:-p

Eshen
July 8, 2008, 07:11 PM
From http://www.newagebd.com/2008/jul/09/spt.html
The Bangladesh team is scheduled to play a four-day match, three one-day matches as warm-up before meeting Australia in three one-day matches on August 31, September 3 and 6 at Darwin.

For the Twenty20 tournament, the BCB has decided to abridge the Australia tour and possibly the four-day will now be dropped from the schedule, officials hinted. The BCB is also pondering the idea of making flying arrangements of the Tigers from Canada to Australia.
Now it makes sense why BCB has requested CA to schedule the four-day match after the ODI series, we have one-day warm-ups before the series.

kalpurush
July 9, 2008, 12:30 AM
I wonder if such tours are at all necessary. It's like a world tour of showing how much we suck in this game.

only 3 ODIs not enough, we need to loose more probably 3 times more.. then we'll know if we're in the same boat..

Just tell others that you are a Paki /Indian...life would be more colorful...!?!!

kalpurush
July 9, 2008, 12:39 AM
নারী?
ক্রিকেট?
আমার কাছে কিন্তু দুটুই (মজার) বিস্ময়!;)

sbsash
July 9, 2008, 03:17 AM
Who do you want to be in the squad for Bangladesh vs Australia series?

Sovik
July 9, 2008, 05:30 AM
নারী?
ক্রিকেট?
আমার কাছে কিন্তু দুটুই (মজার) বিস্ময়!;)

amen to that

Eshen
July 9, 2008, 09:38 PM
BCB likely to announce squad for Australia tour by July 20

UNB, Dhaka

Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) is likely to announce by July 20 the national squad for Australia tour in August-September.

Ahead of the Australia tour, the national team will go to Canada next month for a four-nation 20/20 tournament involving Pakistan, West Indies and the hosts.

Talking to UNB Wednesday evening, chief selector Rafique-ul Alam informed that he along with the other two selectors would sit today (Thursday) to discuss about the composition of the squad.

He said: "We still haven't been informed officially about the Canada tour, but we hope to finalise the squad before July 20 considering the visa formalities."

Asked if there will be different teams for the two tours, he said they have to think over the matter, as the two tours will be of different formats.

Bangladesh is likely to leave here for Canada on August 11. The four-nation tournament will be held in Toronto on August 14-17 involving Pakistan, West Indies and the hosts.

Meanwhile, for participation in the 20/20 meet, the BCB is expected to sign a MoU with the organizers -- Sports International Marketing (SIM), a Pakistan based event management company -- within a day or two.

BCB cricket operations committee chairman Gazi Ashraf Hossain Lipu said they have tentatively agreed to the offer of SIM and are having a close look about the financial aspect of the offer. "Hopefully, we will approve the tour in the Board meeting scheduled for next week."

He said the BCB thinks this tour would be a "great exposure for our boys as they will be playing against sides like Pakistan and West Indies." This will help them during the tour in Australia, he added.

If the Tigers participate in the 20/20 meet in Canada, they have to drop the four-day warm-up match against their Australian counterparts before the three ODIs.

The three one-day matches against the world champions are scheduled for August 31, and September 3 and 6 at Darwin.

http://nation.ittefaq.com/issues/2008/07/10/news0159.htm

rattlehead
July 9, 2008, 10:12 PM
He said the BCB thinks this tour would be a "great exposure for our boys as they will be playing against sides like Pakistan and West Indies." This will help them during the tour in Australia, he added.

If the Tigers participate in the 20/20 meet in Canada, they have to drop the four-day warm-up match against their Australian counterparts before the three ODIs.

are they really that stupid to think something like that??

brockley
July 9, 2008, 11:06 PM
The trick is too have games after the one dayers,maybe stay longer and have a series against the asutralian cricket academy,and spend time at the academy.
It would have been better to have more warn ups before but this is not possibel.
Bangladesh have time afterwards so why not play some state teams and get really used to the conditions beofre they go home,see it as getting ready for the tests in 2010.

Alien
July 10, 2008, 02:04 AM
[/B]
Behind an every successful story, there are a thousand stories of failures.

Ours will probably run into millions.

BANFAN
July 11, 2008, 12:03 PM
i know its a bit early

j omar- we need a guy who can stay on the pitch for long. those r the ppl we need

:-D:-D:-D

Is he still playing cricket ? Didn't hear about him recently. Shouldn't u consider a player's form before selecting?

cricman
July 18, 2008, 01:32 PM
We have a warm up on Aug 27th vs Cheif Territories XI

MohammedC
August 14, 2008, 02:18 PM
অলিম্পিকের ডামাডোলে বাংলাদেশের নীরব অস্ট্রেলিয়া যাত্রা

ঢাকা, ১৩ আগস্ট (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- প্রয়াত ডেভিড হুকস বাংলাদেশের বিপক্ষে টেস্ট একদিনে শেষ করে দেওয়ার একটা তত্ত্ব দিয়েছিলেন স্টিভ ওয়ার দলকে। ২০০৩ সালে বাংলাদেশ দল অস্ট্রেলিয়া সফরে যাওয়ার আগে এটা নিয়ে একরকম হইচই-ই পড়ে গিয়েছিল। অধিনায়ক খালেদ মাহমুদকে এ বিষয়ে কতো যে প্রশ্নের উত্তর দিতে হয়েছে তখন। অথচ এবার অলিম্পিকের ডামাডোলে নীরবে-নিভৃতেই দেশ ছাড়ছে মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুলের দল। বেইজিংয়ের 'ওয়াটার কিউব'এর জল মাতানো মাইকেল ফেলপস আটটি সোনা জিততে পারবেন কিনা, এই নিয়ে জল্পনা-কল্পনার সময় বুধবার দিবাগত রাত দেড়টায় অস্ট্রেলিয়ার উদ্দেশে রওনা হওয়ার কথা টাইগারদের। ড্রাগন এয়ারলাইন্সের ফ্লাইটে হংকং এবং সিডনি হয়ে ডারউইনে পৌঁছাতে পৌঁছাতে ২৪ ঘন্টাই লেগে যাবে তাদের।

অধিনায়ক আশরাফুল আগেই বলেছেন, এই সফরে অস্ট্রেলিয়ার বিপক্ষে তিন ম্যাচের ওয়ানডে সিরিজে মোটামুটি লড়াই করতে চান। কিটপ্লাই কাপ এবং এশিয়া কাপে বড় দলগুলোর বিপক্ষে অল্পবিস্তর লড়াইয়ের অভিজ্ঞতায় সেই স্বপ্ন দেখছেন তিনি। এক্ষেত্রে তাকে কিছুটা স্বপ্নবিলাসীও মনে হচ্ছে, কারণ দেশ ছাড়ার দিন সন্ধ্যায় বললেন, "যদি আমাদের কেউ একটা সেঞ্চুরি করে কিংবা দুই/তিনটা ফিফটি যদি হয় অথবা ৭০/৮০ রানের দুটো পার্টনারশিপ যদি গড়া যায়, তাহলে আমার মনে হয় একটা কিছু করা সম্ভব। ভালো রান করার পর বোলিংয়ে শুরুতে ব্রেক থ্রু পাওয়াও জরুরী।"

২০০৩ সালের সফরেও ডারউইনে খেলা ছিল বাংলাদেশের। সেই দলের আশরাফুল এখন অধিনায়ক। ডারউইনের উইকেট নিয়েও তাই তার একটা ধারণা আছে। সেই ধারণা থেকে তার বিশ্লেষণ, "ডারউইনের উইকেট অস্ট্রেলিয়ার অন্যান্য জায়গাগুলোর মতো নয়। মানে পার্থ, সিডনি কিংবা অ্যাডিলেডের মতো না। ডারউইনের আবহাওয়াও গরম, উইকেটও ফ্ল্যাটই হওয়ার কথা। সবমিলিয়ে আমাদের তেমন সমস্যা হওয়ার কথা নয়।" আর ব্যাটিংয়ে এশিয়া কাপের অভিজ্ঞতা কাজে লাগাবেন জানিয়ে বললেন, "এশিয়া কাপের প্রথম ম্যাচে আমি ধীরে-সুস্থে খেলে সেঞ্চুরি করেছিলাম। কিন্তু পরের ম্যাচগুলোতে আবার মেরে খেলতে গিয়ে আমি তাড়াতাড়ি আউট হয়ে গেছি। কাজেই এবার পরিস্থিতির দাবি অনুযায়ী খেলবো।"

http://cricket.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?cid=26&id=32577#tp32577

MohammedC
August 14, 2008, 08:41 PM
Any news on Bangladesh arriving in Australia. Damn 24 hours journey thats too much

cricman
August 15, 2008, 01:42 AM
Any news on Bangladesh arriving in Australia. Damn 24 hours journey thats too much

It's not 24 hours, It's the same distance from London to NY ... It's an 8 hour Flight

MohammedC
August 15, 2008, 02:22 AM
The news written in bangla on post #55 posted by me from bdnews24. It says they left on wednesday morning flying with dragon air which stops at Sydney and by the time they arrive in darwin it will be 24 hr

Rifat
August 15, 2008, 10:07 AM
"এশিয়া কাপের প্রথম ম্যাচে আমি ধীরে-সুস্থে খেলে সেঞ্চুরি করেছিলাম। কিন্তু পরের ম্যাচগুলোতে আবার মেরে খেলতে গিয়ে আমি তাড়াতাড়ি আউট হয়ে গেছি। কাজেই এবার পরিস্থিতির দাবি অনুযায়ী খেলবো।"

"in the first match of Asia Cup, i got my century for a slow, steady start. but in the later matches, i attacked way too early and got out! so therefore, this time, i shall play according to demanding situation"

now that's our REAL Ashraful talking :) good stuff! now that's how real captains talk :big_hug:

akabir77
August 15, 2008, 11:11 AM
"in the first match of Asia Cup, i got my century for a slow, steady start. but in the later matches, i attacked way too early and got out! so therefore, this time, i shall play according to demanding situation"

now that's our REAL Ashraful talking :) good stuff! now that's how real captains talk :big_hug:

r u kidding me a player after 100 ODI just realized why was getting out? do you think he will ever learn?:ticking::confused:

MohammedC
August 15, 2008, 12:25 PM
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/adminpanel/pictures/1218805892.jpg

Picture courtesy of Bangladesherkhela.info

MohammedC
August 15, 2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/adminpanel/pictures/1218805979.jpg

kalpurush
August 15, 2008, 01:21 PM
At the end of the Australia tour, a picture like this would give me much pleasure ...:)

Dhakablues
August 15, 2008, 01:53 PM
At the end of the Australia tour, a picture like this would give me much pleasure ...:)

Thats a good one.. :)

bujhee kom
August 15, 2008, 03:57 PM

our boys are truely innocent and young (speaking of the young man{who is he?} accepting flowers with the i-pod phones still plugged in his ears)!
i am glad ash wasn't talking to lady journalist with his ear phones on! maybe ash is old school, he carries a big old break dance boom box!
siddons to ash, "baba, tumi amar dike takae kotha bolo, mohila manusher dike takale aju bhenge jabe!":-p

p.s. who's the short older dude in dark full sleeve shirt? what is he pointing at?

best of luck to the tigers. go bd!:flag:

Nafi
August 15, 2008, 04:26 PM
our boys are truely innocent and young (speaking of the young man{who is he?} accepting flowers with the i-pod phones still plugged in his ears)!
:flag:

Dhiman Ghosh

bujhee kom
August 15, 2008, 05:52 PM
Dhiman Ghosh

thank you nafi bhai!

cricman
August 15, 2008, 06:37 PM
They spent 35 hours on a plane to travel 3500 Miles great Job BCB never cease to amaze me

RazabQ
August 15, 2008, 07:56 PM

2. The Esperanto tour.

3. The Classical Arabic and Farsi tour with Amazigh and Dari roadies.Priceless ... sad no one else picked up your subtle dig at Brockley ...

MohammedC
August 16, 2008, 06:39 AM
Mohammad Ashraful, the Bangladesh captain, has stressed the need to be competitive after his side arrived in Darwin for their three-match one-day series against Australia.
"We want to show improvement all the way. This is a very challenging tour for us as Australia are a top side," he said. "But we want to be tough and competitive and will fight all the way. We have the ability and hopefully, we can bring our best cricket to this series."
Ashraful said Bangladesh had enough time to prepare for the series, with five warm-up matches in store. "We have come to Australia a little ahead of the series. We will play five practice matches before the ODIs, and that will give us a good idea about the conditions here."
The Marrara Stadium, which has a drop-in pitch, will host all the three matches. Ashraful felt that the experience of having played on the surface before, as well as the favourable weather conditions in Darwin, will be beneficial for his side. "The last time we were here [in 2003], the pitches did not have too much pace or bounce," he said. "And the weather here is almost similar to Bangladesh. I think we'll feel comfortable here."
Bangladesh's coach, Jamie Siddons, was pragmatic on his assessment of the series, saying that his side's goal was to be consistent. "I am sure they [Australia] remember the loss to Bangladesh in 2005 and they will come hard at us," he said. "We are an improving side and the objective remains the same here also. We have shown in the past, that if we get to scores in the region of 250, then we can put pressure on the opposition."
Bangladesh play all their five practice matches at the Gardens Oval, beginning their campaign on August 18, when they take on the Australian Institute of Sports. The first ODI will be played on August 30.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ausvbdesh/content/story/365173.html

MohammedC
August 16, 2008, 06:42 AM
Tigers touch down in Darwin

TigerCricket.com Report
15 August 2008

DARWIN: The Bangladesh cricket team literally slipped into the capital of Northern Territory today (Friday) after stopovers in Hong Kong and Sydney. The Tigers’ arrival in Australia for the Top End Tour has coincided with the Beijing Games nearing its peak excitement phase and quite understandably the team had only drawn a few curious glances from fellow passengers and words of encouragement from some elderly sports lovers before an eventful landing in Darwin.

The Qantas jet carrying the Tigers from Sydney in its first attempt to land at Darwin International Airport had its rear wheels almost brush the runway before hastily taking to the skies again at the last moment, and after a minute of nervous laughs and uncomfortable chatters inside the cabin the pilot’s voice finally reassured that a sudden gust of wind was responsible for the incident. The aircraft circled the Darwin sky for another 10 minutes before it finally touched down amid applause from relieved passengers.

There was a pleasant welcome awaiting the team with about a quarter of Darwin’s 100-odd Bangladeshi community members present at the airport’s arrival terminal with flowers, national flags and banners. The local media was there too with ABC and Channel Nine catching the arrival moments of Mohammad Ashraful’s young team.

“We want to show improvement all the way. This is a very challenging tour for us as Australia are a top side but we want to be tough and competitive and will fight all the way. We have the ability and hopefully we can bring our best cricket to this series,” said Ashraful when asked about expectations from the three-match ODI series starting here on August 30.

“We have come to Australia a little ahead of the series. We will play five practice matches before the ODIs and that would give us a good idea about the conditions here,” added Ashraful who also thought the drop-in pitches would suit the Tigers fine.

“We had played on drop-in pitches in Auckland during the tour of New Zealand and they are nice wickets. Last time we were here (2003) the pitches did not have too much pace or bounce and the weather here (generally between 32-22 degrees Celsius) is almost similar to Bangladesh. I think we’ll feel comfortable here.

” Darwin, a city of roughly 87,000 is famous for its crocs and the Crocodile Farm here is home to some 15,000 saltwater giants and their offspring. The Bangladesh team is scheduled to pay a visit to farm here during the tour and Ashraful also had to respond to an adventure question.

“We’ll see about that when we get there,” said the captain when asked whether he would fancy holding a crocodile.

Coach Jamie Siddons said the Bangladesh team was setting realistic goals.

“I am sure they (Australia) remember the loss to Bangladesh in 2005 and they will come hard at us everytime they face us. We are an improving side and the objective remains the same here also. We have shown in the past that if we get to scores in the region of 250 then we can put pressure on the opposition. The drop-in pitches also might suit us and if there is spin then that’ll be even better.”

The squad will ease their way into the full practice routine because of the day and a half spent travelling from home. On Saturday a recovery session is scheduled followed by light training in the afternoon at the Gardens Oval, venue for the practice games, which is barely a five-minute walk from the team hotel.

http://www.tigercricket.com/News10.aspx

MohammedC
August 16, 2008, 06:55 AM
The Qantas jet carrying the Tigers from Sydney in its first attempt to land at Darwin International Airport had its rear wheels almost brush the runway before hastily taking to the skies again at the last moment, and after a minute of nervous laughs and uncomfortable chatters inside the cabin the pilot’s voice finally reassured that a sudden gust of wind was responsible for the incident. The aircraft circled the Darwin sky for another 10 minutes before it finally touched down amid applause from relieved passengers.

Allah bachaise

Razi
August 16, 2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/93200/93229.jpg
Looks like Siddons is working hard on Mehrab Jr to get a compatible partner for Tamim.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/93200/93232.jpg
It looks we got a new clothing sponsor for this series as there is a red and white logo on the left of the players t-shirt.

MohammedC
August 16, 2008, 09:51 AM
Are they having biryani.

Boys look out for Crocs. apparently there is only 15000 of those in Darwin.

Rifat
August 16, 2008, 10:50 AM
good pic, MohammadC bhai :)

MohammedC
August 16, 2008, 11:10 AM
good pic, MohammadC bhai :)

Rifat those one is posted by Razi. We should thank him.

Rifat
August 16, 2008, 11:18 AM
Rifat those one is posted by Razi. We should thank him.

i was talking about your avatar.

MohammedC
August 16, 2008, 01:03 PM
i was talking about your avatar.

That is my Avatar for the forthcoming Bangladesh V Australia series.

Razi
August 16, 2008, 01:10 PM
That is my Avatar for the forthcoming Bangladesh V Australia series.

Yeah, hope that this crocodile turns out to be Bangladesh eating Australia.

Gowza
August 16, 2008, 04:27 PM
question...why are they training on a synthetic pitch in the nets? couldn't they train at a ground with turf nets? i mean alot of schools these days even have a couple of turf nets, really not that hard to find some....

al Furqaan
August 16, 2008, 09:41 PM
Ours will probably run into millions.

lol. sadly u might be right.

MohammedC
August 17, 2008, 08:15 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/93200/93257.jpg

Mehrab Hossain jnr swings hard during practice, Darwin, August 17, 2008.
Picture courtesy of Tigercricket.com

I never thought he could do that.

MohammedC
August 17, 2008, 08:17 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/93200/93252.jpg
Dhiman Ghosh hits out in the nets session, Darwin, August 17, 2008

Go Dhiman Go.....

MohammedC
August 17, 2008, 08:22 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/93200/93251.jpg
Alok Kapali drives on the up, Darwin, August 17, 2008

Imagine this shot against the bowling of Lee,Clark and Johnson

Rifat
August 17, 2008, 09:19 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/93200/93251.jpg
Alok Kapali drives on the up, Darwin, August 17, 2008

Imagine this shot against the bowling of Lee,Clark and Johnson

Timing is everything with the assist of pure intinct and excellent eyesight!

Razi
August 17, 2008, 11:25 AM
Who is that bowler bowling to Dhiman? His back looks pretty similar to Mohammed Asif.

MohammedC
August 17, 2008, 11:28 AM
Who is that bowler bowling to Dhiman? His back looks pretty similar to Mohammed Asif.

I think he is a local cricketer.

MohammedC
August 17, 2008, 06:10 PM
They spent 35 hours on a plane to travel 3500 Miles great Job BCB never cease to amaze me

Flight stuff-up: Bangladesh cricketers spend 35 hours in transit

The Bangladesh cricket side will hit the training pitch in Darwin today to shake off some cobwebs after undertaking an unusually long journey to the Northern Territory.
The Tigers spent 35 hours in transit because of a mistake at their head office which saw them detour to Sydney instead of getting a direct flight.
Captain Mohammad Ashraful says his side can defeat Australia in the upcoming best-of-three one-day series, but only if it can restrict the home side to a total of less than 250.
He says his priority is continuing his recent good form with the bat which saw him impress against Sri Lanka, India and Pakistan in recent months.
"This time I want to come and play my new, new style," he said.
Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons says the Tigers' bowlers will hold the key if they are to beat Australia.
"It's first versus ninth so the difference is massive."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/08/16/2337335.htm

brockley
August 17, 2008, 09:19 PM
Print Friendly Version
Sports
Tigers' first practice tie today
Tigercricket.com, Darwin

While Saturday's practice was all about getting the bodies moving and easing into training Sunday morning's session of the Tigers at the Marrara Oval was far more intense.

The quality of training was helped by the arrival of net bowlers from local club sides and at least a couple of them packed enough pace to keep the batsmen on their toes. Balls wheezed past the nose regularly and Rokibul Hassan was rattled by a lifter from Nazmul Hossain and had to administer ice on his fingers. Nevertheless all the batsmen have looked in good touch and have batted confidently in the nets ahead of tomorrow's first warm-up game against the Australian Institute of Sports (AIS).

The match at the Gardens Oval, just a short walk from the team's hotel, would give the tourists opportunity to test themselves against competent opposition. The AIS team is considered the best group of cricket talent Australia have had in recent times and a number of players had graduated from the Australian Under 19 side that had lost to Bangladesh in the Plate final of the 2004 World Cup.

Bangladesh is likely to rest some players for this first game where both teams may decide to allow 12 playing members. "We would try to accommodate an extra batsman or two in this match. We would pick our final playing team tomorrow (Monday)," said captain Mohammad Ashraful.

The match starts 10:00am local time (6:30am BST). The weather has been perfect for cricket here and the clear blue sky is unlikely to be any different tomorrow. The Tigers play three more warm-ups against the AIS on August 20, 23 and 25.

TEAMS
BANGLADESH (from): Mohammad Ashraful (captain), Nazimuddin, Tamim Iqbal, Mehrab Hossain, Rokibul Hassan, Shakib Al Hasan, Alok Kapali, Dhiman Ghosh (wicketkeeper), Mahmudullah Riyad, Abdur Razzak, Mashrafe Bin Mortaza (vice-captain), Nazmul Hossain, Shahadat Hossain, Forhad Reza, Dollar Mahmud.

AIS (from): Matthew Wade, Greg Moller, Peter Forrest, Moises Henriques, Michael Hill, Liam Davis, Stephen O'Keefe, Stephen Smith, Ben Cutting, John Holland, Grant Sullivan, Usman Khawaja, Theo Doropoulos, Peter George.

MohammedC
August 19, 2008, 02:47 AM
BANGLADESH coach Jamie Siddons played down yesterday's one-day cricket loss to the AIS in Darwin.
"It's practice. Winning is not the most important thing at this stage," Siddons said.
The AIS smashed the Bangladesh attack all over Gardens Oval, scoring 4-330 in its 50 overs after being sent in to bat.
It then held its nerve to win by 14 runs despite a daring assault on the daunting target by opener Tamim Iqbal Khan and Tigers batting maestro Mohammad Ashraful.
Siddons said Bangladesh was still recovering from its "horrendous" 35-hour series of flights to Darwin and its main focus was the international series against Australia at the end of the month.
"Hopefully we will be full of steam by the last game and ready for the ODIs. They are the important ones not these," he said.
But AIS captain Moises Henriques said it was a big payoff to get a win over an international side.
"This is the tour that we have been training for for the past four months," Henriques said.
"We batted really well and although we were under the pump early on in the field we brought it back well."
Left-arm orthodox spinner Jon Holland starred for the AIS taking 4-43 from his 10 overs.
With Bangladesh threatening at 3-238 he bowled dangerman Ashraful for 71 to start a Tigers' slide that saw them lose 4-14.
The Tigers rallied again, but 15 runs in the last over proved beyond the final batting pair.
Henriques had a great all-round match taking 3-38 including the scalp of Tamim who, batting with a runner after injuring a leg, blasted 85 from 65 balls inluding 16 fours and two sixes to put Bangladesh well ahead of the required run rate.
Earlier, Henriques clobbered 69 from 41 deliveries twice lifting the ball into the Botanic Gardens.
Wicketkeeper/opening batsman Michael Wade got the AIS off to a Gilchrist-like start crashing 55 from 39 balls with four sixes.
And NSW's Peter Forrest was superb in making 83.
He shared in a stand of 139 for the second wicket with a patient Greg Moller (74).
AIS 4-330 (Peter Forrest 83, Greg Moller 74, Moises Henriques 59, Shakib Al Hasan 1-45, Abdur Razzak 1-5) d Bangladesh 316 (Tamim Iqbal Khan 85, Mohammad Ashraful 71, Jon Holland 4-43, Henriques 3-38).

http://www.ntnews.com.au/article/2008/08/19/5311_ntsport.html

Gowza
August 19, 2008, 03:09 AM
so tamim has a leg injury? hopefully it's not too serious.

Razi
August 19, 2008, 05:13 AM
http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/93300/93357.jpg
Coach Jamie Siddons discussing the first practice match against the Australian Institute of Sports (AIS) with his charges before start of training at the Marrara Oval in Darwin today (Tuesday). The Tigers had a light practice session at the Marrara Oval and worked on brushing up individual and bowling performance for tomorrow's second warm-up game against the AIS at the Gardens Oval.

http://www.tigercricket.com/PGallery/Slips_19808.jpg
The slip specialists practising at the Marrara Oval.

cricman
August 19, 2008, 09:19 AM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ausvbdesh/content/story/365512.html

The Bangladesh team will look to make amends when they face the Australian Institute of Sports (AIS) at the Gardens Oval on Wednesday. The Bangladeshis had lost by 14 runs against AIS in their first match of the tour on Monday.

Facing a target of 331, the Bangladeshi batsmen managed 316, an effort that would have pleased coach Jamie Siddons, who in the past has revealed his extensive work with them during training.

However, he reckoned it was the bowlers who needed to improve. "I am happy with the way the batsmen are going and we have been making some big totals," he said. "Scoring 316 against any opposition anywhere in the world is creditable and theirs (the AIS') is a decent attack."

Tamim Iqbal smashed 85 off 45 deliveries, and Mohammad Ashraful hit 71 off 59, but the Bangladeshi batsmen failed to close out the game. "We could have won that match after being in control until the middle overs," Siddons said. "But it is our bowling that has not managed to restrict oppositions in recent times and unless you do that you don't give yourself a fair chance of creating winning situations."

Wednesday's game could see the return of pace spearhead Mashrafe Mortaza and middle-order batsman Alok Kapali, who were both rested in the first match. Dolar Mahmud, the medium-pacer, may also get a look-in.

Siddons seems pretty confident for a good result come the ODI series, Shrugging off the Practice Matches losses, As T_E said before i'll go 0-5 in Practice to get one vs Australia

MohammedC
August 24, 2008, 09:30 AM
Mr Cricket warns everyone about Bangladesh Cricket Team

Meanwhile, Hussey warned that despite the fact Australia is ranked as world No.1 in ODIs and Bangladesh No.9, it will be a tough series.

"This Bangladesh series is going to be a little bit rusty. We've had a little bit of time off. It's going to be very important that we use this Bangladesh series very well," he said.

"They've really improved a lot. They've got an Australian coach in Jamie Siddons. So they will know us pretty well. The guys are going to be very keen. We haven't played for a while now. It's been a good break since the West Indies. All the guys are jumping out of their skin and can't wait to get stuck into it."

http://cricket.com.au/default.aspx?s=newsdisplay&id=41771