PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Ashraful for his 100!

Zeeshan
June 24, 2008, 12:01 PM
Howz that naysayers n hataz? Eh...I know it's against UAE but still it does show a resurgence of consistency n class. (And you knew a thread like this had to be started.) Well, give me your feelings. I feel like the batting genius is baaaack! :applause:

Kabir
June 24, 2008, 12:33 PM
Congrats to Ashraful.

I feel like the batting genius is baaaack!

For your reference, please check the "New Ashraful" thread...then you'll know the mistake with that feeling.

arafath79
June 24, 2008, 01:00 PM
Hehehehehe...... Ashrafool Matin century paisa :D

shammun
June 24, 2008, 01:02 PM
good boy.....now carry the form.....

prantika
June 24, 2008, 02:24 PM
congratulationnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!..
ok...a few dayz back i read this thread,in which i saw a that lot off pll wrote "expecting acenturies frm some of our players!...namely...TAMIM,NAFEESE...N SO ON..."...i was one of them!
but none mentioned that.."ash might get a century!"...

looks like the "meditation course" really worked!...hehe!..but for how long ????....

.................."EID-UL-ASHRAF MUBARAK"..............

crikfreak
June 24, 2008, 02:56 PM
congratz.. but lets not get carried away.. we need more of these..

BANFAN
June 24, 2008, 03:09 PM
Let it not be Eid, let it be routine for him. But expect a better runrate in future. Anyway Congrats Ash.

al Furqaan
June 24, 2008, 03:15 PM
definitely good stuff, but this ain't nothing to be pleased about. ash needs to continue to push harder and harder. with his talent level, anything is possible.

30,56,36, 109

this is probably the most consistent he's ever been, and that too without being in good form.

Eshen
June 24, 2008, 03:27 PM
Congrats Ash. You have shown that we don't need SN to bash minnows.

Beamer
June 24, 2008, 03:38 PM
Congrats Ash. You have shown that we don't need SN to bash minnows.

He actually has a bad record against minnows. He should score against all opponents regardless.

109 against UAE looks bad in his resume, when you compare his previous high, which was against Australia. Remedey : Quickly score a 109+ this Asia Cup. Tomorrow he will do it ..:flag:

Kabir
June 24, 2008, 04:32 PM
Ameen to that, Beamer.

akabir77
June 24, 2008, 04:45 PM
bANGALI REY kisu dea shukhi kora jabey na.

Agey bolto ai minnow der shateo run kortey parey na
ekhon boley oh 100 against minnow thats nothing. as if scoring 100 is that easy. I can challenge those guys who r saying making 100 against minnow is nothing never scored a 100.

Foozy
June 24, 2008, 04:52 PM
Shaabash Ash, Raqib n Tamimma... keep this killin spirit up... u can crush some of the bigger brothers out there too!!:D
Also good to see Mushfiq doing some quick-fire stuff...
Hope Sakib n Russel comes back into the team soon... it will make a huge difference.

We need to give a few more chances to Nazimuddin. Hope Alok gets better too.
The main cause of worry is our fast bowling department. Getting terrible now a days...

Zeeshan
June 24, 2008, 05:00 PM

ekhon boley oh 100 against minnow thats nothing. as if scoring 100 is that easy. I can challenge those guys who r saying making 100 against minnow is nothing never scored a 100.

Hahahaha

Antora
June 24, 2008, 05:11 PM
IM SOO HAPPY FOR ASH!!!!tin bochor por ekta 100 korlo...!!!!!! it was well over due!

Pundit
June 24, 2008, 05:14 PM

How true. Bengalis just like bitching 'cause they are hardly good at anything practical.

Tehsin
June 24, 2008, 05:23 PM
Ash deserves a lot of praise for his efforts. I just see the recent trend as an indication of more to come. So what if it's against UAE? Let's see how he does in the next four matches (could be more...).

Puck
June 24, 2008, 05:23 PM
would 109 against a lesser bowling attack be equivalent to 30-40 against teams such as pakistan, india or srilanka?

sayem
June 24, 2008, 06:06 PM
would 109 against a lesser bowling attack be equivalent to 30-40 against teams such as pakistan, india or srilanka?
Sorry it doesn't work like this..109 against UAE doesnt mean 40 against stronger teams..It could also mean a century against big teams depending on how the batsmen approach the innings...yes it will be harder, but, with a right attitude, pscycology it can be achieved. He has a 100 against Austrailia, it doesn't mean he will score 200 against Lesser team

simon
June 24, 2008, 06:43 PM
Keep going ASH.
And show your talent to SRIL,IND & PAK.

Dhakablues
June 24, 2008, 06:45 PM
Is it his meditation course that is paying off? atleast this would promot the quantum method he has been so excited about... Its a good knock. Minnows or non-minnows, scoring run is important part and he did it. He did his best to pace the innings. However, just like most of us,, we want to see similiar scores in the next 2 matches,, then,, well , you all know what then would be, then..

jabber375
June 24, 2008, 07:49 PM
I think part of the credit goes to Sidons.....I really appreciate his initiative to transform Ashraful as a more steady batsman. I was so depressed seeing negative reaction from a number of media and people regarding Ash's recent style. Its very bad that we Bangladeshi people are not patient enough. We rather want quick but poor return. I want to say a million thanks to Sidons and hope he will stick to the way he is building our very young team.

People sometime compare Whatmore with Sidons in terms of beating big teams. We should remember that Whatmore got 4 years to build a win-hungry team that suited his strategy. Now we should ensure we allow enough time for Sidons to implement his future plans.

Also I want to congratulate Ashraful and our most promising tiger Rakibul(at least for now!!!) and hope they will continue their form in the next games.

ehteshamul
June 25, 2008, 03:54 AM
Way to go Ash!

Congrats to Ash for a Captain’s innings and shepherding the team to a good win against UAE.

This century knock is important in many ways.

First and foremost he has once again proved that when he clicks BD wins( Proof our previous wins being against the Aussies, South Africa and the West Indies.)

Secondly Ash has shown great patience and sacrifice to remodel his style to that of a grafter than a strokemaker and his patience is giving results. Full marks to him.

Thirdly he is amongst the runs now on a consistent basis.Full marks to him and Siddons for that.

Fourthly slowly and surely he is trying to establish him in the no 3 spot which has been a big headache for BD team.

Now go for the Kill against Sri Lanka.

You can do it Ash!

My good wishes to Coach, Ash & Co.

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Whatever THE MIND OF MAN can CONCEIVE and BELIEVE it can ACHIEVE – Napolean Hill

Every ADVERSITY, every FAILURE and every HEARTACHE carries with it the SEED of an equivalent or a greater BENEFIT - Napolean Hill

Baundule
June 25, 2008, 04:06 AM
Good hundred. Congrats, Ashfool!!
All the best wishes to carry it on.