PDA

View Full Version : Congratulation to Rakibul Hasan for consistent performance

djnaved
June 24, 2008, 01:12 PM
Congratulation to rakibul hasan, he is scoring 40+ in most matches............asholei amra khub valo ekta player paichi.......shea onnano playerder moto na je 25-30 koira mone kore je ami next matche kheltachi........rakib hoilo amader mohammad yousuf/rahul dravid:-D

cricman
June 24, 2008, 01:18 PM
Kufa diso Man :(

Mods Delete this Thread ASAP

Ishtylish cricketer
June 24, 2008, 01:19 PM
I agree but let's not get carried away with this guy too. I really like his approach and temperment at the crease. His knock allowed Ash to get the 100 he deserved. I hope he plays well against SL.

Beamer
June 24, 2008, 01:43 PM
Indeed. He runs well between the wkts also. Good, thinking cricketer this. Surely he will play tests soon.

djnaved
June 24, 2008, 01:45 PM
Man, i'm eagerly waiting to see him play test match. Will he be first player from bangladesh who score double hundred against any top 5 test palying nation teams?:smug:

expectation beshi hoye gelo na.....:confused:

cricket_dorshok
June 24, 2008, 01:48 PM
Man, i'm eagerly waiting to see him play test match. Will he be first player from bangladesh who score double hundred against any top 5 test palying nation teams?:smug:

expectation beshi hoye gelo na.....:confused:
no problem! your are after all dreaming (whether its day or night)!

crikfreak
June 24, 2008, 02:41 PM
well i like the way he's playing.. he's a thinking cricketer.. i just hope he continues.. waiting for him to play tests..

Fazal
June 24, 2008, 02:47 PM
Good Job Again Rakibul. Not only he is scoring, but unlike some people's prediction, he is scoring with quite a remarkable SR better than most of the other BD batsman. People discounted him as not a ODI Batsman type, but looks like his recent performance will force people to think twice.

Tigers_eye
June 24, 2008, 02:59 PM
Suddenly I do not miss Rajin and Aftab any more. Now if only Junaid can start play to his potential.

Imtiaz
June 24, 2008, 03:05 PM
I saw him Dhaka recently. I hope to watch today's highlight. He looks good. Very compact. Has the ability to take singles even when settling in. He does not need to hit fours to keep a good SR. So far I have not seen him play any silly shots.

He also showed today that when needed he can also do some control hitting. 83 of just 63 balls. Until 50, he was scoring run-a-ball. So the last 30 odd came at a frightening speed.

Hope this early assessment is fulfilled. He has made a better start in his first 12 matches than anyone else.

Fazal
June 24, 2008, 03:05 PM
I never missed Rajin. Still miss Aftab. I thought he was changing then suddenly a ball hit his head ar shob Gorbor hoye Gelo....

as for Junaid, I have no expectation from him yet, I thought a case was made to bring him in the national team prematurely by over hyping his maturity/cability. Usually now a days a players like waits few more years before bringing him in....we jsut made exception for him and hoping for miracle to happen and it never happened (so far).

al Furqaan
June 24, 2008, 03:11 PM
Suddenly I do not miss Rajin and Aftab any more. Now if only Junaid can start play to his potential.

well, IMO, aftab is now perfectly suited to step into the #6 spot as the Finisher.

my idea lineup:

1) Tamim
2) Junaid (the slip catching bonus)
3) Ash (the pressure of one-down seems to do the trick)
4) Raqibul (seems perfect here)
5) Sakib
6) Aftab (till he learns to bat with purpose give him the finisher role)
7) Rahim/Dhiman (i think MR is the better keeper, DG the better late order scorer)
8) Riyad (his OB might not be good enough, but his batting seems decent)
9) Razzak
10) Mash
11) Rasel (biggest crime in BD history to leave him out)

12) Shahadat/SN

Dollar, Farhad are not yet ready, and Nazim is just a Tushar reincarnate.

Really not sure about Alok, he seems to be really lost, but I'd still like to give him 7-8 innings to "find his groove".

Foozy
June 24, 2008, 03:15 PM
Really like him so far.... lets hope he dosen't die young like zunaed and all....
ar eirokhom dukkho shoite parbo na ami....
(everything figuratively speaking ofcourse... junaedda didnt die yet... hes playing against the irish... :D)...

akabir77
June 24, 2008, 03:29 PM
Yes Good job indeed.

Keep it up...

WarWolf
June 24, 2008, 03:34 PM
Good Job Again Rakibul. Not only he is scoring, but unlike some people's prediction, he is scoring with quite a remarkable SR better than most of the other BD batsman. People discounted him as not a ODI Batsman type, but looks like his recent performance will force people to think twice.
This boy seemed to be a good learner. He is adopting it very well as per situation. If he can continue to show this adoptive nature, surely he will be a pole of BD cricket some day.

BANFAN
June 24, 2008, 04:47 PM
He should go for opening IMO. He has the nack of staying in the crease and rotating strike. He can also make good cricketing shots for 4s. He and Tamim could be a good opening pair.

Foozy
June 24, 2008, 05:05 PM
Scoring 300+ was never something BD would be aiming for, even against weaker opposition...
The recent shows against Ireland or UAE, and even a very close to 300 score against Pak... these would not be possible if it wasnt for the new kids in the block... namely Raqib, Sakib, Mahmudullah, Tamim, and so on... Ash is always there amongst the best...
Good to see our team shaping up! :)
Need to fix up the bowling department and the batsmen who are consistent need to keep their consistency, and the batsmen who are not consistent need to pick up their game...
Good luck BD... in ur future cricketing endevours!!

AsifTheManRahman
June 24, 2008, 05:26 PM
Nothing to go crazy about yet, but if he keeps this up, we might be able to get rid of Aftab Ahmed once and for all.

taklima_naj
June 24, 2008, 05:33 PM
well, IMO, aftab is now perfectly suited to step into the #6 spot as the Finisher.

my idea lineup:

1) Tamim
5) Sakib
7) Rahim/Dhiman (i think MR is the better keeper, DG the better late order scorer)
9) Razzak
10) Mash

12) Shahadat/SN

Really not sure about Alok, he seems to be really lost, but I'd still like to give him 7-8 innings to "find his groove".

thank you, exactly my team, farhad can sometimes come instead of riyad depends on the situation, otherwise this team will be perfect to be competitive with big teams

Tehsin
June 24, 2008, 05:34 PM
Re Foozy's comment. We got three years to work with this bunch. just be prepared for several bumps on the road. The potential is there, hopefully JS is guiding them well. We can't really judge 'em based on 3to6 months results. Unfortunately, we are far from where we needed to be at this stage and we gotta wait another year or so to see if we're headed the right direction. In the meantime, players like Raquib will definitely force the old-timers (in this case Aftab, Ash) to re focus in thier career and re-invent themselves.

WarWolf
June 24, 2008, 06:17 PM
Nothing to go crazy about yet, but if he keeps this up, we might be able to get rid of Aftab Ahmed once and for all.
Asif..... seems to be too frustrated with Aftab? E-)

ausbangfan
June 24, 2008, 06:27 PM
thank you, exactly my team, farhad can sometimes come instead of riyad depends on the situation, otherwise this team will be perfect to be competitive with big teams

only 2 pacers?

I think we need shahadat in the team, yes he can be expensive but he provides another pace bowling option

Dhakablues
June 24, 2008, 06:40 PM
He knows how to score,, he scored the lone 300 FC runs in Bangladesh and has been consistently scoring.. But in this case its only his 2nd 50 in a row.. I wont call it consistency yet. Consistent was Bashar with his 50s and Sakib with his very high averages and the rest is history,, but I agree, it is premature to be excited all over him just yet. However, he does have the potential and will be in the squad for a long time,, I think, I believe..

ehteshamul
June 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
Hat's off to Raqibul Hassan for his class act today against UAE.

He has made us all proud.

Besides being the second best contributor for the team : 83 runs in 63 balls with 9 fours and a stunning SR of 131 he has also contributed to the team’s cause in the form of a solid 3rd wicket partnership of 141 with skipper Ashraful that paved the way for BD to build up a mammoth total of 300 that must have surprised Coach Siddons as well.

I am afraid our boys have won a great psychological battle with the Coach whose set target of 240 was convincingly beaten.

We pray and hope that BD cricket team puts up a spirited fight against the might of Sri Lankans tomorrow .

Our whole hearted prayers are with BD cricket team

Allah Hafez.

Cheers!

Whatever THE MIND OF MAN can CONCEIVE and BELIEVE it can ACHIEVE – Napolean Hill

Rifat
June 24, 2008, 08:19 PM
i hope he plays well tommorrow...

detroitpagla
June 24, 2008, 08:57 PM
If this kid can play well then we'll have a balanced team

Tamim
SN
Ashraful
Sakib
Rakib
Aftab
Riyad
Mushfiqur/Dhiman/Pilot
Mashrafe
Razza
Rasel

I hope they get rid of Mushfiqur & Kopali

djnaved
June 24, 2008, 09:12 PM
hmm.jodi ei pola asia cupe arekta fifty ba 35+ run korte pare.tahole amar ei thread post kora sharthok hobe:)

al Furqaan
June 24, 2008, 09:41 PM
Re Foozy's comment. We got three years to work with this bunch. just be prepared for several bumps on the road. The potential is there, hopefully JS is guiding them well. We can't really judge 'em based on 3to6 months results. Unfortunately, we are far from where we needed to be at this stage and we gotta wait another year or so to see if we're headed the right direction. In the meantime, players like Raquib will definitely force the old-timers (in this case Aftab, Ash) to re focus in thier career and re-invent themselves.

spot on. this is what i have been waiting for for 5 long years.

a player (raqibul) who doesn't have all the pressure due to (ash, aftab, tamim, sakib) but at the same time forces them to play sensible cricket. its a win-win-win situation.

we just have to be prepared for the bumps on the long long road.

Foozy
June 24, 2008, 09:51 PM

yes sir!! ur rite.... and i did figure out your 3 year target... the world cup!!:D...
JS does seem to be guiding them in the rite direction, but I sincerely hope that we do something about our bowling by then as well.
...and about that... first things first, we need Russel back along with Sakib ofcourse.
We need our old Masri back, and from there we have to find better routes...

Foozy
June 24, 2008, 09:56 PM

Thank god atleast one other person understands this that this bloke is totally worthless at the top order...
Either late order... and i mean very late order... like no.7ish... or nothing at all...
a quickfire 10 can only help in those positions...
He very very very rarely goes above 50, and that just makes him a non-batsman rite away. I'm sorry but i just cant be convinced about his greatness in the top order...

BD-Shardul
June 25, 2008, 01:12 AM
The best thing of Rokibul is that he is very cool-headed. Not hasty.

And congrats for his great knock. Who was MOM yesterday?

tutul
June 25, 2008, 01:19 AM
Kufa diso Man :(

Mods Delete this Thread ASAP

"ghorpora goru sidur'e megh dekhlei voy pai." On offence please. Your post reminded me that old school 'bhabsomprosaron' quote.

lamisa
June 25, 2008, 01:35 AM
i am very happy for him,this should act as an alarm clock for aftab!!!

PoorFan
June 25, 2008, 01:53 AM
My concern is ... Rakibul might lose his consistency soon if our other top / middle order batsman's inconsistency continue around him. Now we have only other consistent batsman in Sakib ( somewhat ) but need Ash, Aftab, Tamim, Junaid / SN to catch up.

Baundule
June 25, 2008, 04:09 AM
That has been another very good innings. In his last two innings, he has played perfectly according to the situation.

MohammedC
June 25, 2008, 04:23 AM
Just keep it up

simon
June 25, 2008, 07:02 AM
Ya congrtlations to Rakibul.
He looks to be a very promising batsman,he plays good shots & he runs very quick between the wickets. Not only that but he is a great fielder.
[I]I think If he gets a 70+ against Sril or Ind or Pak then we sould think of playing him more even if it needs to keep Aftab out of the field.

nahaz
June 25, 2008, 09:18 PM
I was always looking for an excuse to drop Aftab and now I got one-Rakibul!
This kid is here to stay. Together with Sakib, he'll give the middle order a solid look. Ash will continue to get better I presume, and Tamim just needs a good opening partner. We need ppl who are consistent.

83 and 89 are wonderful efforts for someone just playing their first 15-20 innings. He's got the right mentality to be in international cricket. His partnership with mushfique yesterday(scoring 30+ himself) was also heartening.

My team:
Tamim
Nafees( unfortunately, but he's better than Nazim)
Ash (anchor+destroyer)
Rakibul (Anchor)
Sakib (only genuine all-rounder)
Alok (he can spin, and bats much better than mahmudullah)
Mushfique
Razzak (deserves to bat b4 Mash)
Mashrafee
Reza/Shahadat (I haven't seen Reza,depends on if he's capable of taking wickets)
Rasel

simon
June 26, 2008, 07:02 AM
I was always looking for an excuse to drop Aftab and now I got one-Rakibul!
This kid is here to stay. Together with Sakib, he'll give the middle order a solid look. Ash will continue to get better I presume, and Tamim just needs a good opening partner. We need ppl who are consistent.

83 and 89 are wonderful efforts for someone just playing their first 15-20 innings. He's got the right mentality to be in international cricket. His partnership with mushfique yesterday(scoring 30+ himself) was also heartening.

My team:
Tamim
Nafees( unfortunately, but he's better than Nazim)
Ash (anchor+destroyer)
Rakibul (Anchor)
Sakib (only genuine all-rounder)
Alok (he can spin, and bats much better than mahmudullah)
Mushfique
Razzak (deserves to bat b4 Mash)
Mashrafee
Reza/Shahadat (I haven't seen Reza,depends on if he's capable of taking wickets)
Rasel

Ya I agree with u.I think Aftab with all his experience hasnt been consistant engh.
And Aft often gets out in 40s or 50s but Raqibul can get more (89,83)
Still its a bit earlier so lets see the next 2 matches.
I dont agree with u about Alok batting better than Ryad bcse Alok's average after all his experience & Ryad's avrge after his short time carreer I would say Ryad is a better option.
Reza shld come instd of Shahdt bcse Reza can bat aswell.
Also Razzaq shld bat before Mash.

samjad
June 26, 2008, 11:31 AM
You know what I am thinking ?

Make Rakibul the Openar !!! Lol - Hell NO.

I am waiting for Big Z to find his form.

Murad
June 26, 2008, 11:40 AM
You know what I am thinking ?

Make Rakibul the Openar !!! Lol - Hell NO.

I am waiting for Big Z to find his form.

Raqibul was actually an opener before. He wasn't doing that well there so he moved to no.3 in the domestic leagues and did very well.

Since then he bat at no.3-5 all the time and had great success.

pappiok
June 26, 2008, 01:05 PM
first when i saw him i though he is kind of crap but now i think he will be a good and useful batsman in odi's. and he will be a fantastic player in test if he carry on like this.

Rifat
June 26, 2008, 01:16 PM
i hope he doesn't fade away like so many before have before after excellent form...

Shahriar Nafees being one of them!!!

Sohel
June 26, 2008, 03:59 PM
i hope he doesn't fade away like so many before have before after excellent form...

Shahriar Nafees being one of them!!!

My prayers EXACTLY !

We shouldn't write any one of our young players off BTW. Cricket is a game dominated by guys in ther LATE 20s to mid 30s. Just make a list and check their age ... :)

Kabir
June 26, 2008, 04:10 PM
The terms "Congratulations" and "Congrats" should NEVER be used for our players.

It's like ganja...khaile bhalo laage...but tarpor norar jor thake na.

Amader player der ei situation e hoise...ami guarantee dite pari.

Sohel
June 26, 2008, 04:13 PM
The terms "Congratulations" and "Congrats" should NEVER be used for our players.

It's like ganja...khaile bhalo laage...but tarpor norar jor thake na.

Amader player der ei situation e hoise...ami guarantee dite pari.

Obhiasly ! Chez that hi antil thear ij nathing tu chez. Hiru tu jiru in thiree yars meskimam.

Kabir
June 26, 2008, 04:16 PM
Obhiasly ! Chez that hi antil thear ij nathing tu chez. Hiru tu jiru in thiree yars meskimam.

I don't know how to relate them...but here's my latest theory:

"Dilli ka laddoo...jo khaya woh bhi pajtaya...jo nahi khaya woh bhi pajtaya"

tiger_club
June 26, 2008, 09:52 PM

my idea lineup:

1) Tamim
5) Sakib
9) Razzak
10) Mash

12) Shahadat/SN

Here is my 11

1) Tamim
2) Alok Kapali (All-rounder)
3) Ash
4) Raqibul
5) Sakib (All-rounder)
6) Ferhad Reza (All-rounder)
7) Rahim
8) Riyad (All-rounder)
9) Razzak (All-rounder)
10) Mash (All-rounder)
11) Rasel

This gives us enough opportunity to rotate if someone slips. Our key bowlers would be Razzaq, Mash, Rasel and Sakib. We'll have to split other 10 overs between Reza, Riyad and Alok. The thing is you shine with the new ball or you don't shine at all - I"ll keep Sahadat and Dolar out and let them gain more experience in A team. May be we can try Suhrawadi Shuvo or Rubel. Any other alternative? I think at this point we need to have more all-rounders to support with both batting and bowling.

One World
June 27, 2008, 03:35 PM
Keep it up, we may have found a De Silva in there.

djnaved
July 3, 2008, 01:57 AM
hmm.jodi ei pola asia cupe arekta fifty ba 35+ run korte pare.tahole amar ei thread post kora sharthok hobe:)

all hail to rakibul...:big_hug:amar kotha rakhse:-D

tiger_club
July 3, 2008, 02:26 AM
Raqibul left great example for the others to learn and follow his foot steps.. we're tigers, never give up.. fight with your last breath for the country you've loved so much..

Hatebreed
July 3, 2008, 10:11 AM
Hold your horses people. Rakibul is proving to be quality player so far, but we've all been here before only for it to end in disappointment. So let's not get carried away. I'd wait at least 10 more innings to determine if a player is consistent.

Spitfire_x86
July 3, 2008, 10:54 AM
My prayers EXACTLY !

We shouldn't write any one of our young players off BTW. Cricket is a game dominated by guys in ther LATE 20s to mid 30s. Just make a list and check their age ... :)
Unless someone belongs to the group of Rokon, Sanwar, Durjoy et al.

Baundule
July 3, 2008, 11:04 AM
I think, Raqib will be better in tests. Without looking at the scores, I like his approach so far.

shaad
July 3, 2008, 03:20 PM
I am encouraged by Raqibul's performance; but let's see how he continues to perform before getting too excited. Remember this was also a good pitch for batting on.

Dhruvo
July 3, 2008, 03:35 PM
I wont say anything for now,he is performing consistently but he needs to carry this on to make himself considered as a "real" consistent batsman not one like other BD batsmen who score a 50 in a game then scores a 0 in the next one.

djnaved
July 4, 2008, 01:14 AM
rakibul can change our bd cricket........

abdulmukit
July 4, 2008, 01:24 AM
rakibul can change our bd cricket........

agreed... tamim, sakib n rakib can change our cricket indeed....i see a test win very soon if these three batsman play to their potential.:saint:

Sovik
July 4, 2008, 06:30 AM
not so consistent after all.

Sohel
July 4, 2008, 08:13 AM
This thread also did its job today ... :applause: