PDA

View Full Version : Powerplay 4 - and no 2nd Powerplay at over #11

Tigers_eye
June 24, 2008, 03:41 PM
Miraz bhai,
ei chuttra pata mishano oshud'ta ash'rey khawai diyen. may be he will study the game of cricket more.

Powerplay 4:
Playing against the minnows, after having an upperhand on all three powerplays our captain and coach needs to instill powerplay #4 to keep the pressure on. They will crumble like a deck of cards. Why I say? cause when the side is switched and we have pressure we crumble. I can give plenty of examples but will refrain from that.

No 2nd or 3rd Powerplay one after another:
9 out 10 times we will be on the back foot against the big boys in the first 10 overs. If we fail to get a wicket or just get one wicket during that time, it would be wise for our captain and coach not to take powerplay 2 immidiately. Comprende? Give a different outlook to the batsmen. Let them play differently. Then with the fall of another wicket immidiately take the 2nd powerplay. With losing accuracy of our frontline bowlers (due to replacements, not interested), our fielding, and player position during the field becomes doublely important. Ponting once didn't take the 2nd powerplay because his fast bowlers were getting hammered. Within few overs it rewarded and then with the new batsmen in the crease he brought back the powerplays and stiffled the opponents. I dislike Ponting yet i know he is one of the best captains out there. Ash needs to strive to be a better captain.

Tigers_eye
June 24, 2008, 04:01 PM
Example of skipping powerplays when opponent batsmen are hot:
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ausvnz/engine/current/match/291345.html
Aus vs NZ: Dec 14 2007
End of over 15 (8 runs) - New Zealand 89/1 (RR: 5.93) Ponting does not call for powerplay 3. Brings in Hopes and Hogg in to attack. Tait had 3 overs for 28, and Lee had 4 overs for 24.

Right after the fall of two quick wickets How and Styris, Ponting instills Powerplay 3. The clamp worked well. In 27 overs NZ were 135/3, they finished 254/7 in 50 overs. Aus won the match by 7 wkts. NZ's blistering start at one point suggested that they would cross 300 with ease. This is how one can change the tide with captaincy.

BANFAN
June 24, 2008, 04:05 PM
This behaiviour of all our captains have become so stereo type. Don't know when they will be able to act a bit more sensibly.

Miraz
June 24, 2008, 05:38 PM
Mijan bhai, media manager er kache ei oshudh pathaitesi. :)

crikfreak
June 25, 2008, 08:18 AM
all our captains are the same.. dont seem to wanna learn..

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2008, 02:32 PM
Mijan bhai, media manager er kache ei oshudh pathaitesi. :)
labh nai'rey bhai. notun oshud prescription lagbey.

"Mair"

Mair'er upor oshud nai.

The bowling on the leg and wides are too pathetic. No captain can contain the other team if the bowlers stray their lines.

Goto kal'kai koilam 2nd/3rd PP shatey shatey nish na, ar aj kai gadhami dekhlam. Kissu bollar nai.

Tigers_eye
June 25, 2008, 02:33 PM
Did anyone notice how many fielders Jayawardene kept after the powerplay overs? Yup!! ... I thought so too.

Tigers_eye
June 30, 2008, 09:02 AM
thank you Ashraful for learning from your mistake. That is what I am talking about. Great to see you took your 3rd powerplay at 35th over. That is when the break was pushed.