PDA

View Full Version : ASIA CUP 2008 - Series thread!

Cash$$$
June 24, 2008, 06:52 PM
So, let's discuss all the non BD asia cup games here.

PAK VS HK : That ahmed guy from HK almost gave pak heart attack, taking 4 wickets. Great stuff, pak had to grind out a win. That says a lot for a team like hong kong vs Pak. I hope they are given more chances to improve.

Next match: HK vs India -- Hong kong can't even breathe as India is next!

Ishtylish cricketer
June 24, 2008, 08:00 PM
Pakistan would have fallen from grace yet again, if it were not for Fawad Alam and Sohail Tanveer's late innings fight back. In their partnership, Fawad Alam played the anchor's role, while Tanveer was the enforcer scoring quickly. Tanveer's building on his IPL form and quickly establishing himself as a decent all rounder in the world scene. The first 30 overs or so of the match belonged to Hong Kong bowlers however, like a true minnow, when they were faced with the prospect of bowling Pakistan out for less than 200, they failed to deliver the knockout punch. Their batting is very average and I doubt they can beat a club side from Pakistan. The positive they can take from this game is that the slower left arm spinner bowled well today but I suppose the tougher test for him and the rest of the bowlers lie ahead against India.

Rifat
June 24, 2008, 08:26 PM
it will be interesting to see how the likes of Hong Kong face against on form Indians...

Rifat
June 25, 2008, 03:47 PM
tommorrow's game to watch:

India versus Pakistan

prediction winner: Pakistan

MohammedC
June 26, 2008, 05:12 AM
Pakistan won the toss and batting

5/0 after 2.2 overs

MohammedC
June 26, 2008, 05:24 AM
Sangakra out for duck against UAE

MohammedC
June 26, 2008, 05:53 AM
Srilanka 73/1 RR 7.82

World Record of 443/9 by Srilnkan themselves will be a thing of the past

BANFAN
June 26, 2008, 07:36 AM
SL 203/6 in 32 ov, UAE playing superb on a pitch where BD conceeded 358 against SL

BANFAN
June 26, 2008, 07:40 AM
Srilanka 73/1 RR 7.82

World Record of 443/9 by Srilnkan themselves will be a thing of the past

Not really !! A dream of the past !

Roni_uk
June 26, 2008, 07:58 AM
wow .. UAE might just knocked us over... well played so far.. and well deserved to get a second round place to be honest!

BANFAN
June 26, 2008, 08:07 AM
Really.

SL 233/7 in 39 ov :)

Roni_uk
June 26, 2008, 10:33 AM
shabash UAE

Rifat
June 26, 2008, 10:34 AM
about today's match:India versus Pakistan

here's how you differentiate between bangladesh and india: they target shahid Afridi and we crumble to shahid afridi...

their top order batsmen hits sixes and we don't even try (no aftab)

bdchamp20
June 26, 2008, 10:41 AM
What the hell is going on? SL leave out Jayasuriya, Murali and Vaas and UAE progressing very well is this a lame attempt by the Lankans to knock us out of the tournament or are they genuinely struggling? Does anyone know how many wickets the UAE need to win by to qualify?

oracle
June 26, 2008, 10:52 AM
I have a suspicion that Sl might gift a match to UAE inadvertently or even rest the top players . After all they have much closer ties to UAE than to BD.

akabir77
June 26, 2008, 10:59 AM
don't worry guys UAE won't win.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2008, 11:00 AM
What the hell is going on? SL leave out Jayasuriya, Murali and Vaas and UAE progressing very well is this a lame attempt by the Lankans to knock us out of the tournament or are they genuinely struggling? Does anyone know how many wickets the UAE need to win by to qualify?
Jayawerdene mentioned that in the post match comments yesterday. Nothing wrong with that. We would do the same had we were in their shoes. SL will not lose. If they do UAE should still be out with the NRR calculation. 107/3.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2008, 11:08 AM
They have to get 181 runs in 13.2 overs from now. sitting at 109/3 at 25.1 to get to the second round. 13.5 runs per over from here on out. :) Impossible bro.

Tigers_eye
June 26, 2008, 11:18 AM
lol, India ki padani ditasey? What a$$kicking is India serving? 178/1 in 23 overs.

RRR 4.53, lol, on 300 run chase.

zazabor
June 26, 2008, 11:23 AM
hahaha...umar gul thakleo kono lav hoito boila mone hoi na...zemne padani ditese...paki der bate paiya ditese accha moto...pooor paki's

Beamer
June 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
India is just scary these days. This one day outfit is capable of some unseen hitting. 300 is a nothing total to defend on sub-continent pitches against India.

Beamer
June 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
I have a suspicion that Sl might gift a match to UAE inadvertently or even rest the top players . After all they have much closer ties to UAE than to BD.

Fear not. UAE is losing way.

al Furqaan
June 26, 2008, 11:34 AM
India is just scary these days. This one day outfit is capable of some unseen hitting. 300 is a nothing total to defend on sub-continent pitches against India.

very true...its strange that even the likes of the big 3 never did stuff like this.

india will hit 400 for sure with dollar, rajib, and riyad bowling 20-30 overs.

al Furqaan
June 26, 2008, 11:35 AM
looks like we're playing pakistan on saturday

Murad
June 26, 2008, 11:48 AM
looks like we're playing pakistan on saturday

yeap. they are b-2

so wait for another 300+ score against our crappy bowlers.

Roni_uk
June 26, 2008, 12:07 PM
i would rather face Pakistan than India.. at least although useless but our players play with *passion*, when they play against Pak.

Rabz
June 26, 2008, 01:19 PM
Despite the absense of the Holy Trinity ( JayaVasMurali), i thought the UAE teams played exceptionally well today.

They really took the fight on to the Lankans and at one point, even looked like in the running of creating an upset. They had the spirit and the determination.

And certainly have to mention the name of Amzad Ali.
That guy looked to be very good player. His batting was a joy to watch and some way reminded me of none other than the Great BC Lara!! Just because of that back lift! i have not seen any other left handed these days to looks batting like Lara!

offcourse his inexperienced came to play a part and he was undone. Playing his only 2nd ODI, i thought he batted fearlessly and was a clean hitter.

Too bad some of these good players from associate teams never get to realise their full potential.

But in all in all, congrats to the UAE team the way they played.
I think they made them proud.

BANFAN
June 26, 2008, 01:48 PM
i would rather face Pakistan than India.. at least although useless but our players play with *passion*, when they play against Pak.

Don't worry, we have to play all of them. :)

Zeeshan
June 26, 2008, 01:58 PM
at least UAE played like a man agaisnt SL instead of just...ekhon to mukh kharap hoy...(remember wat Bob Saget said?)...one of their players made a stalwart score and the team contained SL under 3...

our attitude should have been the same

Sohel
June 26, 2008, 03:47 PM
UAE showed the type of cojones Sid has managed to cut off and pickle for the whole world to see.

Eshen
June 26, 2008, 04:58 PM
UAE opening bowler Zahid Shah is impressive. May be he should be invited to play in Dhaka league next season.

al Furqaan
June 26, 2008, 04:59 PM
yeap. they are b-2

so wait for another 300+ score against our crappy bowlers.

if paks play well, they can post 400 on our addicted to the legside "bowling" attack.

Cash$$$
June 26, 2008, 05:07 PM
Just saw the score....wow India blew away Pak. 300 to chase to win under lights on a pitch w/ low bounce....sehwag is a beast. Just imagine what would happen if Gambhir joins the party too. I'm scared for our team!

Rifat
June 26, 2008, 05:56 PM
UAE opening bowler Zahid Shah is impressive. May be he should be invited to play in Dhaka league next season.

great idea... invite nadeem(did amazing against pakistan) from hong-kong and amzad ali as well

al Furqaan
June 27, 2008, 06:00 PM

bowls at a decent pace too - in the 130s

Rifat
June 28, 2008, 05:27 PM
Sri Lanka should beat Pakistan tommorrow...

Surfer
June 29, 2008, 02:24 AM
Sri Lanka should beat Pakistan tommorrow...

Yup....I am with my fav jaya.

Sohel
June 29, 2008, 09:19 AM
Pak 0-1/0.1 chasing 302 ... Vaas strikes again as Salman takes his butt back to the dressing room ... :floor:

GO LANKA ! BEAT PAKISTAN !!!

Rifat
June 29, 2008, 09:26 AM
well, does it feel that bad now, Bangladesh struggle against Vaas?

Sohel
June 29, 2008, 09:36 AM
11-1 after consecuitive 4s from YK soon after Vaas strikes, talk about positive intent chasing 302 ! Kula's being effectively targeted.

No "team rules" here but then again, we're not in the Top 8 YET ... :rolleyes:

Rabz
June 29, 2008, 10:23 AM
pak bouncing back pretty well after losing an early wicket.
68-1 in 15th over.
YK just played a beautiful cover drive for 4.

Rabz
June 29, 2008, 10:38 AM
YK just hands over a simple catch to Murali to depart on 46.

That was a silly shot to play at this stage of the game,esp when he was so well set and looking dangerous.

Sohel
June 29, 2008, 10:39 AM
YK bites it after a wonderful display of positive cricket.

72-2.

Sohel
June 29, 2008, 10:40 AM
YK just hands over a simple catch to Murali to depart on 46.

That was a silly shot to play at this stage of the game,esp when he was so well set and looking dangerous.

This is EXACTLY what happens if you don't follow "team rules" !

Rifat
June 29, 2008, 11:26 AM
I hope Mohammad Ashraful is watching this game: look at how Sri Lanka is placing the field... and their bowling variations is pretty difficult, can't hit for sixes/four nor can you get it past the fielders... that is another reason Rasel/Shakib/Razzak combo worked so well in world cup.

i hope if Ashraful and Siddons are indeed watching this game, they take important lessons...

Go Sri Lanka

Bangladesh can certainly learn from those Lions

Sohel
June 29, 2008, 11:33 AM
Mendis removes Malik ! What a delivery and what quick hands from Sanga ! ... :fire:

Sohel
June 29, 2008, 11:38 AM
Sana removes Afridi, he makes Obhi look like Langer ... :floor:

Rifat
June 29, 2008, 11:42 AM
pakistan choking >:)

MohammedC
June 29, 2008, 11:52 AM
Another gone 153/6 dont think pakistan will manage 200

Rifat
June 29, 2008, 11:53 AM
Mendis on superb form

Sohel
June 29, 2008, 12:12 PM
175-6/40 ... I hear someone singing.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oc7D-MCQGVQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oc7D-MCQGVQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sri Lanka Matha

Sri Lanka Matha, apa Sri Lanka,
Namo Namo Namo Namo Matha.
Sundara siri barini,
Surendi athi Sobamana Lanka
Dhanya dhanaya neka mal pala thuru piri, Jaya bhoomiya ramya.
Apa hata sapa siri setha sadana, jeevanaye Matha!
Piliganu mena apa bhakti pooja,
Namo Namo Matha.
Apa Sri Lanka,
Namo Namo Namo Namo Matha
Obave apa vidya, Obamaya apa sathya
Obave apa shakti, Apa hada thula bhakti
Oba apa aloke, Aapage anuprane
oba apa jeevana ve, Apa muktiya obave
Nava jeevana demine
Nnithina apa Pubudu karan matha
Gnana veerya vadavamina ragena yanu
mena jaya bhoomi kara
Eka mavekuge daru kala bavina
yamu yamu wee nopama
Prema vada sama bheda durara da
Namo Namo Matha
Apa Sri Lanka,
Namo Namo Namo Namo Matha.

Mother Lanka we salute Thee!
Plenteous in prosperity, Thou,
Beauteous in grace and love,
Laden with corn and luscious fruit,
And fragrant flowers of radiant hue,
Giver of life and all good things,
Our land of joy and victory,
Receive our grateful praise sublime,
Lanka! we worship Thee.
Thou gavest us Knowledge and Truth,
Thou art our strength and inward faith,
Our light divine and sentient being,
Breath of life and liberation.
Grant us, bondage free, inspiration.
Inspire us for ever.
In wisdom and strength renewed,
Ill-will, hatred, strife all ended,
In love enfolded, a mighty nation
Marching onward, all as one,
Lead us, Mother, to fullest freedom.

THANK YOU SRI LANKA !

Rabz
June 29, 2008, 12:13 PM
124 needed of 54 with 4 wickets in hand, this game is all but over for the pakis.

Rabz
June 29, 2008, 12:34 PM
Good knock from Misbah comes to an end.
76 of 70, too bad he could not find an able partner to carry on pakis innings.

Rabz
June 29, 2008, 12:52 PM
pakis finishes on 238-9.
SL wins by 64 runs.

SL looking to be more and more of dangerous team as each day goes by.

I think the finals would be between SL and India.

One World
June 29, 2008, 01:01 PM
Murali went wicketless while Sohail Tanvir got a fifer. Sanga is still a threat for India. Jaya is becoming an upgraded version of SN.

Surfer
June 29, 2008, 01:51 PM
Malik, the captain, bated for a long time and by the time he quit, he had made sure that Pakistan lost. They kept batting at below 5 for a long time without losing any wickets. Thats selfish cricket. He batted slow as if there was no need of playing fast and when he got out, without any attempts at faster scoring, the RR was already far out of control.

Then comes Afridi and score a golden duck attempting a six off the very first ball. What a joke this guy is.

Rifat
June 29, 2008, 02:01 PM
Murali went wicketless while Sohail Tanvir got a fifer. Sanga is still a threat for India. Jaya is becoming an upgraded version of SN.

yeah, at least Shahriar Nafees didn't win the 2015 unbeaten Bangladesh world cup final and smash the World cup trophy and then score ducks at teh age of 37 ;)

Jayasuriya, whom i loved before Bangladesh cricket is still a legend and will possibly hammer Bangladesh again tommorrow

Cash$$$
June 29, 2008, 03:28 PM
Things are already heating up in pakistan. Journalists walk out after confrontation with Lawson! Malik was not present at the post match conference. Lankans are roaring! What a performance from Mendis.....I'm glad kolkata knight riders picked him up for IPL

One World
June 29, 2008, 07:54 PM
yeah, at least Shahriar Nafees didn't win the 2015 unbeaten Bangladesh world cup final and smash the World cup trophy and then score ducks at teh age of 37 ;)

Jayasuriya, whom i loved before Bangladesh cricket is still a legend and will possibly hammer Bangladesh again tommorrow

Pain pain. Carry on. Sooner Jaya will become a minnow basher or be out of the team against better opponents.

What was the point of jumping into conclusion bolding out my utterly analogic comment? I been watching him since he started his international career. I watched cricket when nobody but few cared to play cricket in BD.

Impetus. Hold on it. I like your love for him.

Are you calling BD minnow by any chance? ;)

One World
June 29, 2008, 07:58 PM
Things are already heating up in pakistan. Journalists walk out after confrontation with Lawson! Malik was not present at the post match conference. Lankans are roaring! What a performance from Mendis.....I'm glad kolkata knight riders picked him up for IPL

The coaching job for PAK is becoming more and more challenging. I wonder how many we would have to take it after Lawson.

AsifTheManRahman
July 2, 2008, 11:49 AM
Pakistan are beating the gila kolija out of the Indian team. It's always tricky when these two sides play each other - who do I support? Ideally, I'd like both to lose bad.

Since that won't happen, I hope the outcome is whatever comes to our advantage. In this case, it's still tricky because a win or a loss to Pakistan won't necessarily imply they will be out of sorts against us on the independence day of the 14th province.

Rabz
July 2, 2008, 12:21 PM
India-Pak is an interesting match indeed.
Get a guilty pleasure watching from both teams coping a pounding.

I could not care less who wins/loses.

nasimul
July 2, 2008, 12:49 PM
big win by pakis

Rifat
July 2, 2008, 01:02 PM
asia cup getting spicier every second, quality cricket alhamdulillah...

i wish this quality cricket continues

Eshen
July 2, 2008, 01:09 PM
Pakistan is apparently better without Shoaib Malik.

al Furqaan
July 2, 2008, 01:44 PM
impressive win from pak.

i'd say we haven't done a bad bowling job considering every match has had at least one 300 run innings.

imagine if we had rasel and sakib.

Sohel
July 2, 2008, 01:45 PM
India screwed themselves by playing one too many batsmen on a batting track.

Great stuff from YK and Misbah, and the new OB bowler has a wicked doosra, bad news for us.

Spitfire_x86
July 2, 2008, 01:57 PM
This is BAD for us. Pakistan won and now Afridi won't get dropped as he didn't have to bat today.

Cash$$$
July 3, 2008, 03:17 AM
As Sohel said.....India shot themselves on foot...4 bowlers??? on a flat pitch?? c'mmon!! not to mention their bowlers bowled the worst....

We need to get out of this attitude that Pak will rollover us.... almost all pak fans are guaranteeing BD will get slaughtered...they take us so lightly....we need to fight back and show them we're not pushovers....I hate their attitude towards us.

Surfer
July 3, 2008, 03:59 AM
As Sohel said.....India shot themselves on foot...4 bowlers??? on a flat pitch?? c'mmon!! not to mention their bowlers bowled the worst....

We need to get out of this attitude that Pak will rollover us.... almost all pak fans are guaranteeing BD will get slaughtered...they take us so lightly....we need to fight back and show them we're not pushovers....I hate their attitude towards us.

I think we shot ourselves in the head.

Rifat
July 3, 2008, 05:00 AM
should be another Good quality cricket

Sri Lanka and India Show about to get underway, Sri Lankan Batsmen entering crease as i speak

Rifat
July 3, 2008, 05:00 AM
should be another Good quality cricket show

Sri Lanka and India Show about to get underway, Sri Lankan Batsmen entering crease as i speak

israr
July 3, 2008, 05:18 AM
I just hope Sl beats India today, and then InshaAllah we'll vanquish Pakistan infront of an expectant partisan crowd. That'll be more sweeter than the World Cup victory in 99.

Cash$$$
July 3, 2008, 05:27 AM
ISHANT strikes.... Sanga gone!

also...yuvi drops one... life to Jaya

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 05:44 AM
SRI LANKA ATW ! Although I'd HATE to see Pakistan go to the finals, I just can't root against the Lankans unless they're playing Bangladesh.

I just hope the NRR pushes India through and makes this match a preview of the final.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 05:50 AM
One bounce 4 from Sana !

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 05:52 AM
Ojha is nutmegged and 4 more for Sana ... :floor:

Even irfan has a chuckle.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 05:53 AM
AND 4 more for Sana.

70-1/11.

Mahela needs to have his comeback innings today.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 05:55 AM
Ishant needs to vary his length in these wickets, he's not in Australia anymore.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 05:56 AM
OUT ! Ishant adjusts his length well enough and Sana bites it !

Tintin
July 3, 2008, 06:40 AM
S
I just hope the NRR pushes India through and makes this match a preview of the final.

NRR doesn't come into the picture. The rule is that if two teams finish with the same points, the one with more wins in this round (super league ?) goes through.

So if India loses today, assuming that Pakistan will beat Bangladesh, they are out.

zareen
July 3, 2008, 08:43 AM
i am happy that bd has increased their rate .

nasimul
July 3, 2008, 08:45 AM
Sri Lanka 308/8

Tigers_eye
July 3, 2008, 09:32 AM
Once I thought very high of Fernando. Looks like he is nothing but a minnow basher. The bully is getting his rear handed to him by Gambir and Shewag.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 09:53 AM
Vicious start from Viru and GG, as expected.

59-0/8.1

Spitfire_x86
July 3, 2008, 10:50 AM
R Sharma > Raina.

In the long run Raina's bullying approach won't take him very far.

Baundule
July 3, 2008, 11:02 AM
It's Dhoni time. We can take a rest for 10 overs.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 11:04 AM
I41-2/23 ... Lankan bowlers, led my Murali, have kept it reasonably tight for the last 4 hours now.

KaWe's into the attck.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 11:05 AM
Raina welcomes him with a safely lofted one bounce 4!

Malinga is SORELY missed.

Baundule
July 3, 2008, 11:07 AM
They are respecting Murali and going after everyone else. 3 of the bowlers are kids and Fernando has nothing but speed. So, they can easily cash on those 4 bowlers.

Sohel
July 3, 2008, 11:21 AM
Dhoni is kampozing this wiktri nicely.

With vickets in hand they'll just cruise past the target after the 40th oWer.

Tigers_eye
July 3, 2008, 12:19 PM
Its upto UV now. Dhoni gone. still 49 runs needed in 10 overs.

Tigers_eye
July 3, 2008, 12:21 PM
Murali's 9th over. So india has to negociate 10 of his remaining balls and they should be home free.

Rabz
July 3, 2008, 12:39 PM
22 of 36 needed, india should win it easy from here.

Rabz
July 3, 2008, 12:54 PM
Yurraj finishes in style with a boundary.

India thru the finals.

Both Srilanka and India are the deserving teams imo.

Hope we can put up a good show agains the pakis tomorrow.

Ajfar
July 3, 2008, 05:14 PM
so pakistan has to chance tomm...even if they beat us by a huge margin???

Rifat
July 3, 2008, 05:40 PM
so pakistan has to chance tomm...even if they beat us by a huge margin???

no, we play for a third place because no matter what, Pakistan will not be able to match India's 6 points...

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 07:38 AM
Viru proWides the breakthrough yet again, as Sana gives it away after yet another ODI 100.

SL 209-5/38.1

ialbd
July 6, 2008, 07:43 AM
looks like even a Jayasuriya ton wont save Srilanka's innings..... maybe a Murali 5 wicket haul will.....

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 07:46 AM
looks like even a Jayasuriya ton wont save Srilanka's innings..... maybe a Murali 5 wicket haul will.....

And Vaas, Sana and Mendis better chip-in also.

If not, it looks bad for my Lankans ... :(

216-6/40.

cricket_dorshok
July 6, 2008, 10:48 AM
No, this time Mendis is doing really a mysterious jobs! already 4 wickets from 4 overs only.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 10:54 AM
India 112-5.

Way.To.Go. Sri Lanka and Ajanta Mendis !!!

Getting Dhoni out by the time Mendis ends his spell will put the Emerald Islanders in the driver's seat for the Championship of Asia ... :up:

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:24 AM
Murali strikes at last and scalps Uthappa.

Clever delivery turning just right to threaten his middle and off, beautifully scripted LBW ! ... :notworthy:

Dhoni is still there, now joined by Irfan.

145-6. If the Indians are not bowled out, they'll win this one.

ialbd
July 6, 2008, 11:26 AM
And Vaas, Sana and Mendis better chip-in also.

Ajanta Mendis it is..... :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:28 AM
Mendis is back to bowl his 5th over ... :D :D :D

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:29 AM
Googlies using his FINGER TIPS ! How the F is that possible !!!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:30 AM
Just 1 from the oWer ... 148/6.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:31 AM
Mahelas's going for the kill with this Murali-Mendis tandem.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:32 AM
Dhoni sweeps one fine past Sanga for 4 ... 152-6.

sandpiper
July 6, 2008, 11:32 AM
Ajantha Mendis- 5 0 9 4

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:35 AM
Mendis gets his FIFER ! ... :fire:

Bamboozles Irfan, he had NO clue.

sandpiper
July 6, 2008, 11:38 AM
Asia Cup for Srilanka

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:41 AM
BWAHAHAHAHA !!! ... his 6th of the night and on hattrick ... :fire:

ST denies his shout and robs him ! ... :(

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:42 AM
154-8 and Vaas is in to step on the gas.

Brilliant captaincy from Mahela, and simply GENIUS bowling from Mendis.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:43 AM
Mendis: 6-1-9-6 !

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:44 AM
Ojha surWives !

155-8 ... :D

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:45 AM
USELESS Miranda is into the attack ... WHY ??? Not enough fake mango juice or what ???!!!

sandpiper
July 6, 2008, 11:48 AM
Srilanka made India look like BD :D:D

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:49 AM
158-8 ... finally a tight over from ThiThu Miranda.

sandpiper
July 6, 2008, 11:49 AM
Mendis' 6 wicket haul is the first ever 6-for in Asia Cup history :clap::clap:

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 11:51 AM
Dhoni is OUT! ... Vaas finds his inside edge !!!

sandpiper
Dhoni departs as does India's hope :D

Miraz
Muralitharan and now Mendis!!!!!

When will we get one??!!!!

We had one little opening pacer, Syed Rasel, who deceived batsmen due to lack of pace and variation. We are trying hard to kill the talent. We want someone who have better pace and can spray ball all over the wicket. Huh!!!

These small differences in grooming talents ultimately makes huge difference in international cricket.

cricket_dorshok
July 6, 2008, 11:52 AM
Why does not Mahela continue with Mendis. I wish Mendis continues and gets as many as possible.

Sohel
160-9 ... Ishant comes in to deliWer Wiktree ... NOT!

One World
BAW Mendis 6-8-1-6

Tehsin
July 6, 2008, 11:56 AM
Srilanka made India look like BD :D:D

India turns into BD in Finals. Just showed the stas for India in Finals. in the last 21, they have won 2, lost 17, and shared 2 titles. That's pretty similar to BD performance in regular matches. :)

cricket_dorshok
July 6, 2008, 11:57 AM
Muralitharan and now Mendis!!!!!

When will we get one??!!!!

We had one little opening pacer, Syed Rasel, who deceived batsmen due to lack of pace and variation. We are trying hard to kill the talent. We want someone who have better pace and can spray ball all over the wicket. Huh!!!

These small differences in grooming talents ultimately makes huge difference in international cricket.
We are Mirjafor's 'bongshodhor'. We use every single opportunity to destroy our self-prospect.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 12:00 PM
ParMus is in the house, the Karachi AKA PPP crowd boos him ... :lol:

Tehsin
July 6, 2008, 12:02 PM
Jayasuria, what an Icon. At his age, cricketers have already retired and spent a good 3-6 years in coaching or organizing roles. Not this guy. Takes on the Indians almost single handedly and sprays them for 125 from 114 balls. What an amazing fighter.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 12:02 PM
Irritating last stand from Ojha and Ishant !

ialbd
July 6, 2008, 12:03 PM
well done Mendis.... MOM for sure......

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 12:04 PM
SimTau denies Mendis again, this time a good decision.

Tehsin
July 6, 2008, 12:05 PM
ParMus is in the house, the Karachi AKA PPP crowd boos him ... :lol:

I heard cheers actually. When they first showed him on the big screen, he had a regular jacket on, then there were some hustle and bustle, next thing you know, there were 3/4 guys trying to put a jacket with the PCB logo (I think) on him - typical political move. All this was happening in the VIP box, I'm assuming the glass was bullet proof.

Few minutes later, he was out in the balcony waving to the 'adoring' public. :)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 12:05 PM
Ojha looks a bit like Maharoof, a shorter, more sedated Wersion of course.

169-9 ... India surWy another oWer from Mendis.

sandpiper
July 6, 2008, 12:06 PM
Mahela deprived Mendis from 2 more scalps. Aussies surpass 300 at St. Kitts

Tehsin
July 6, 2008, 12:06 PM
Irritating last stand from Ojha and Ishant !

Difference between a champion (prospect) and a certain other team. ;)

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 12:08 PM
Murali DROPS Ishant ! A "turning point" in favor of India ? ... :lol:

172-9.

Tehsin
July 6, 2008, 12:08 PM
Murali drops one off his own bowling. Ishant enjoying some luck out there.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 12:09 PM
NuKu instead of Mendis ??? WTF Mahela !!!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 12:10 PM
NuKu vindicates his captain.

SRI LANKA are champions of Asia ! Their second championship in-a-row, FOURTH championship to date !!! ... :fire: >>> :applause: :applause: :applause:

Tehsin
July 6, 2008, 12:11 PM
Jaya punishing mendis for taking 6 wickets.

GAME OVER.

sandpiper
July 6, 2008, 12:11 PM
Lanka won by 100 runs :clap::clap:

Tehsin
July 6, 2008, 12:16 PM
Sri Lanka always managed wins with three really good bowlers and 2 BD bowlers. Same thing with their batting. We need another good bowler to support Masri and Razzak. We'd see bettter results.

Tehsin
July 6, 2008, 12:34 PM
Another big shocker - Mendis does not speak English. They are showing the post match awards and mahela was interpretting for Mendis.

Mendis gets man of the tournament and MOM. Poor Jayasuriya got overhsawed by this former Army man.

Tehsin
July 6, 2008, 12:37 PM
WOW. This is how you know that BCB is made of money. The Asia Cup champs get 50K and runners get 30K. If I am not mistaken, Pakistan got 100K for the three matches in the Kitply cup. Maybe that was the reason (bribe) we got them to come and play with us.

Tehsin
July 6, 2008, 12:40 PM
PerMos is speaking. He did get a LOT more cheer this time. He is talking about the suicide bombing there. mentions the happy crowd - more cheers.

They really want the Champions Cup this year.

Sovik
July 6, 2008, 01:45 PM
jayasuriya still has few years left in him. waiting for him to hit 300+ sixes. what a player

nasimul
July 6, 2008, 01:50 PM
If we could have learn anything from Lankans!!!

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 01:57 PM
If we could have learn anything from Lankans!!!

Suggested modification: "if we could have learned ANYTHING from ANYBODY at all."

Zunaid
July 6, 2008, 01:58 PM
Suggested modification: "if we could have learned ANYTHING from ANYBODY at all."

Correction: If only we had the capacity to learn.

Sohel
July 6, 2008, 02:04 PM
Correction: If only we had the capacity to learn.

Very true. I was getting ahead of myself there, must be the pagol kaura optimism in our air ... :)

Spitfire_x86
July 6, 2008, 09:45 PM
Great! Now we can say goodbye to any hope of doing little better against Srilanka after Murali's retirement :(

Tintin
July 6, 2008, 10:18 PM
Looks like these guys know to bat in only one fashion and when the pitch or the bowler does something unexpected, they are clueless. Yuvraj, Raina and Sharma all fell to cross-batted shots when they did not know which way the ball was turning and only Dhoni played with a straight bat.

Tendulkar and Dravid v Mendis in the Tests would be interesting. My guess is that Mendis would win some early battles but they will work him out before the end of the series.

Kabir
July 6, 2008, 10:21 PM
The slap on the face for Ramiz by Dhoni was hilarious...but then again, India media made it happen for Ramiz ;)

Great game today...Mendis left the people clueless. And Sanath...man, don't even think of retiring before another 5 years.

Eshen
July 7, 2008, 06:23 PM
Blighted by bad timing, dead pitches
Sidharth Monga in Karachi

For two weeks almost everyone in Karachi - the department store owner, the chemist, the hotel security guard, the hotel manager, the taxi driver - talked cricket. They discussed Pakistan cricket and the lack of stars and, once Pakistan were out of the tournament, they discussed the strengths of the Indian and Sri Lankan teams. But it's probable that none of them, store owner to taxi driver, bothered to actually turn up at the National Stadium. Even an India-Pakistan match could not fill the stands.

It seems, though, the administrators can't see the problem - or, if they can, don't appear too concerned. Nasim Ashraf, the PCB chairman, called a press-conference in the middle of the Pakistan-Bangladesh game, one of the many one-sided games, and suggested the crowds didn't know what they were missing.

The likely truth is, the crowds knew what they were missing. Because these matches were played in the heat of June and July, and with a fair sprinkling of mismatches - five out of six in the first round - there was hardly anything drawing the paying public to the grounds. One of the reasons why Ashraf thought this Asia Cup was the greatest thing since sliced bread was because more than 600 were being scored in every match. It is time administrators stopped disrespecting the audience's intelligence: a flat wicket, predictably yielding 600 runs, with batsmen getting out due more to fatigue than the skills of their opponents, and bowlers present to make up the numbers, is not cricket, even for fans in the subcontinent.

Full Article (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/asiacup/content/story/360243.html)

Eshen
July 7, 2008, 06:32 PM
IMO, ACC should make this a twenty20 event. This way it won't be so dull, players won't have to kill themselves in heat of June-July, and ACC will still earn good revenue from it.

BD-Shardul
July 8, 2008, 12:42 AM
Warning for India:

There was a time during the captaincy of Ganguly when India used to choke in the final of any series. I thought India overcame that phase when they won the tour in Asutralia, but suddenly the disease is back. Dhoni's India lost the Kitply Cup final and also the Asia Cup final.

And one more word about Dhoni: I would rate Dhoni as the best captain of the sub-contiment. As a captain he is young, but the way he transformed himself and the way he leads from front everytime are nothing but praise-worthy. He also cut his hair and become a gentle man :-D

I didn't like him at all, but now a days I have to admit that I admire Captain Dhoni. India made the right choice.