PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions about game against UAE

bourny3
June 24, 2008, 07:23 PM
There are a few questions i need to ask about the game against the UAE.

Firstly the cricinfo scorecard has 3 runouts to the Keeper
they are Tammim but the report says he was runout going for a 3rd. So shouldnt the run out go to the outfielder.
Then there is Ashraful and Dolar how where they runout. Dolar may have been run out going for a stupid run on the last ball. But how was Ash run out.

Secondly
Shahadat had bowled 4.5 overs and Dolar 6.1 overs so one of these players must have got injured. Most likely Shahadat. What is the result of this is it a bad injury or not.

Thanks

Pundit
June 24, 2008, 08:48 PM
Sadly enough, such query hardly arouses any interest among the fan base. The antagonists are more concerned of why ASHRAFUL cannot bat with a 100 SR vs. him not scoring 100.

cricman
June 24, 2008, 09:03 PM
There are a few questions i need to ask about the game against the UAE.

Firstly the cricinfo scorecard has 3 runouts to the Keeper
they are Tammim but the report says he was runout going for a 3rd. So shouldnt the run out go to the outfielder.
Then there is Ashraful and Dolar how where they runout. Dolar may have been run out going for a stupid run on the last ball. But how was Ash run out.

Secondly
Shahadat had bowled 4.5 overs and Dolar 6.1 overs so one of these players must have got injured. Most likely Shahadat. What is the result of this is it a bad injury or not.

Thanks

Ash was run out due to the great Alok kapali running for on a ball that was 2 inches from the stumps, Rajib was injured don't know the severity of it.

3rd Umpire
June 24, 2008, 09:14 PM
Hope Shahadat isnt injured...although he's expensive he's better than Farhad Reza at any particular day...hope shahadat isnt injured or else lanka is going to have some slow medium of Farhad to feast on....our selectors and coach dont seem to be interested in Rasel so we have to hope for the best....

sunny747
June 24, 2008, 09:45 PM
UAE and Hongkong are all Paki players. From the names i could guess it.

akabir77
June 25, 2008, 10:25 AM
Ash was run out due to the great Alok kapali running for on a ball that was 2 inches from the stumps, Rajib was injured don't know the severity of it.

It was ash's call. Don't just blame people just for shake of it. Ash was in the non striker and ball fell beside the wicket. Ash ran for a run and so did the wicket keeper. WK was lucky that he could pick the ball with his gloves and broke the stump before ash reached the crease...

Dollar got out while taking a second run in the last ball. how is that stupid? He did the right thing by trying to increase the score. The ball came in from the outfield perfectly else we could have had 301.

Shahadat was injured but today he recovered.

And you(thread opener) r right about the tamim's runout it should have been the combination of the out fielder and keeper.

u can watch high lites from cricinfo TV. they have the BD batting only...

bourny3
June 25, 2008, 08:01 PM
I didnt mean it as being stupid i meant it as if there was not a run there but he took the punt just incase the fielder mucked up because it was the last ball. Just going for extra runs.

akabir77
June 26, 2008, 09:36 AM
I didnt mean it as being stupid i meant it as if there was not a run there but he took the punt just incase the fielder mucked up because it was the last ball. Just going for extra runs.

Well its always good to go for the run in last ball there is no extra point for being not out but that one run could have made the difference.

I was in a local game where the filed had the ball in his hand and the last batsman(thats me) still ran and they missed and we won in the final...:-D

bourny3
June 26, 2008, 08:58 PM
thats what i did aswell. In like 2006. I blocked it to cover and ran and we won the final. .