PDA

View Full Version : Looks like New Zealand are Coming in October

cricman
June 24, 2008, 10:03 PM
Jacob Oram is :mad: but I'd rather see Him and the WK partake in the event, Kolkotta didn't make it so McCullum will come too :(

The problem is a clash with New Zealand's test and one-day international tour of Bangladesh, scheduled to begin in the first week of October, which Oram knows will rule him out of most, if not all, of the Champions League.

"I honestly don't know what dates are what. All I know is we're leaving early October for Bangladesh," he said.

All New Zealand Cricket-contracted players are obliged to fulfil their international commitments over Twenty20, and Oram was adamant he would not miss the solitary three-day warmup match in Bangladesh.

Country over Cash I can respect that, I wonder when the BCB are going to send out the schedule via Media Release ... However knowing the BCB they don't even know there supposed to Host NZ in October

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/4/story.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10518318

Eshen
June 24, 2008, 10:16 PM
Schedule at NZ board site also says NZ team will be in Bangladesh this October.

http://www.blackcaps.co.nz/content/schedule/landing.aspx

bujhee kom
June 24, 2008, 10:29 PM
"game on".... waiting!

Ajfar
June 24, 2008, 11:57 PM
i thought next time we play test is against south africa??

Rabz
June 25, 2008, 12:59 AM
Country over Cash I can respect that, I wonder when the BCB are going to send out the schedule via Media Release ... However knowing the BCB they don't even know there supposed to Host NZ in October

I think thats a bit over-reacting here.
This is june, the series is in October. There is whole 3 months in between.
BCB would release the media schedule on time.
No need to get impatient.

And i think the board officials knows better than you and me that there is a series in October.

There is absolutely no need to attack the officials without any valid reason.

BANFAN
June 25, 2008, 02:19 AM
Great News indeed. We are having good number of matches this year. Chance for our young boys to learn and chance for the Anti BD lobby, like Ian Chappel to put up the stats and say that we aren't suitable for this level.

He yesterday said very strongly that, "It wasn't right to give test status to BD"

So I hope our team can put up a good performance to shut these people down, by a few wins. This is why Present (short term) is also important along side long tem development.

PoorFan
June 25, 2008, 02:32 AM
New Zealand deserve a butt kick in Dhaka Mirpur Stadioum. I have been waiting for long to see them down against us.

Ar je deri shoy na ...

crikfreak
June 25, 2008, 08:13 AM
thts good to know.. bangladesh seem to have a lot of matches ahead of them..

cricket_dorshok
June 25, 2008, 09:59 AM
opps wrong thread!

scoilaheez
June 25, 2008, 09:34 PM
i feel sorry for oram, im sure he would actually rather play in the champions league... but it would kind of help bd if oram wasnt there. Having said that, if we have a godd result against a full strength nz team then it boosts our credibility which is at a real low right now.

al Furqaan
June 25, 2008, 11:44 PM
this was scheduled at the same time our last tour to NZ was...it just wasn't finalized. still not finalized in stone, but seems it will happen.

we very well could win a test if shahadat clicks and we play some good SLAs.

bujhee kom
June 26, 2008, 01:35 AM
how come "game on" doesn't talk no more?

Miraz
July 6, 2008, 07:25 AM
The tour is mentioned in the final version of the ICC FTP 2006-2012 published in May 2006.

It is mentioned as an additional tour. So it is a confirmed tour. New Zealand will play 2 Tests and 3 ODIs in the tour.

Anyone interested to see the final version of the FTP please click on the attachment. It is mentioned on the 3rd page.

Roni_uk
July 6, 2008, 01:37 PM
whats the point??? another white wash....
why can't we play PNG instead? or even WI

detroitpagla
July 6, 2008, 02:02 PM
good point!!!
also, instead of 2 tests we should make a 5 ODI series

whats the point??? another white wash....
why can't we play PNG instead? or even WI

Sovik
July 6, 2008, 02:09 PM
why can't we get windies. they are struggling and this series will help gayle, bravo, sarwan, taylor, edwards to get their form back.

nasimul
July 6, 2008, 04:36 PM
Looking forward to another nightmare. IMO top 8 rank teams may visit BD according to the ICC FTP but instead of playing 2/3 day test matches and few one sided ODIs, our talented & superstar cricketers can practice with these teams and perhaps may learn (obviously if they have capacity) something about cricket.

Eshen
July 19, 2008, 11:13 AM
[বাংলা]নিউজিল্যান্ড আসছে ৪ অক্টোবর

ঢাকা, ১৯ জুলাই (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- চূড়ান্ত হয়েছে নিউজিল্যান্ড ক্রিকেট দলের বাংলাদেশ সফরসূচী। গত বছরের ডিসেম্বরে দুই টেস্ট এবং তিন ওয়ানডের সিরিজ খেলতে নিউজিল্যান্ড গিয়েছিল বাংলাদেশ। এবার কিউইরা ফিরতি সফরে আসছে আগামী ৪ অক্টোবর। আইসিসির ফিউচার ট্যুর প্রোগ্রামের (এফটিপি) বাইরের এই সিরিজেও থাকছে দুটো টেস্ট এবং তিনটি ওয়ানডে।

ঢাকায় আসার পর দু'দিন বিশ্রাম নিয়ে কিউইরা ৭ অক্টোবর একটি প্রস্তুতি ম্যাচ খেলবে। এই ম্যাচের ভেন্যু এবং প্রতিপক্ষ কোনোটাই এখনো ঠিক হয়নি। ৯ ও ১১ অক্টোবর মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে সিরিজের প্রথম দুটো ওয়ানডে খেলে নিউজিল্যান্ড দল যাবে চট্টগ্রামে। সেখানে বীরশ্রেষ্ঠ শহীদ রুহুল আমিন স্টেডিয়ামে সিরিজের শেষ ওয়ানডে ম্যাচটি হবে ১৪ অক্টোবর। একই ভেন্যুতে প্রথম টেস্ট শুরু হবে ১৭ অক্টোবর থেকে। আর ২৫ অক্টোবর থেকে সিরিজের শেষ টেস্টটি হবে ঢাকার মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে। [/বাংলা]

http://www.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?id=31056&cid=26

Eshen
July 19, 2008, 11:36 AM
We will be playing against SA in a week after last test against NZ.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/match/schedule.html?team=25;team=719;team=723;future=1

In December-January, we are supposed to play two tests against SL, and a tri-nation series with SL and Zim. It will be one crazy winter for tigers and their fans.

bujhee kom
July 19, 2008, 11:42 AM
We will be playing against SA in a week after last test against NZ.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/match/schedule.html?team=25;team=719;team=723;future=1

In December-January, we are supposed to play two tests against SL, and a tri-nation series with SL and Zim. It will be one crazy winter for tigers and their fans.

good news eshen bhai, i am so excited! i hope and pray our batsmen keep on improving by then and our bowlers get sharp! and filedingwise too!

BANFAN
July 19, 2008, 11:46 AM
Great news......... the madness continues till jan/feb 09. superb.. :)

auntu
July 19, 2008, 01:42 PM
khaise amare etogula golla hojom hobe to?

auntu
July 19, 2008, 01:43 PM
naki er porer series e eita valo korte hobe oita change korte hobe ei nie amra basto thakbo?

israr
July 19, 2008, 05:30 PM
This is really cool! But just fed up with the continuity of Dhaka-Chittagong as our 'only' home venues. Whats the point of having three more international stadiums in Khulna, Fatullah, and Bogra if we're not using them at all while hosting other countries?

Rabz
July 20, 2008, 10:28 AM
This is really cool! But just fed up with the continuity of Dhaka-Chittagong as our 'only' home venues. Whats the point of having three more international stadiums in Khulna, Fatullah, and Bogra if we're not using them at all while hosting other countries?

Simply because of logistics and accomodation problems.

Places like Khulna and Bogra does not have an international standard hotel, neither they have any airports.

Khulna is linked via Jessore airport which is about 2 hours commute from Khulna city. You have to land in Jessore and then take Airline-sponsored bus and frankly the road conditions are not up to the mark.

Not sure about Bogra. I think they hosted Sri Lanka once before, but i guess its a different story of hosting a country of "first world", you know what i mean.

Thats why those places mostly host A teams, Associate members and U-19's.

And its not just about hosting the game. You have to have the facilities to cater for the international media such as press, broadcasters including the 24 something cameramen, commentators, behind the scene personnel.

You get the point.

sbsash
July 20, 2008, 11:03 AM
I hope Bangladesh wins.:fanflag:

al Furqaan
July 20, 2008, 11:30 AM
Simply because of logistics and accomodation problems.

Places like Khulna and Bogra does not have an international standard hotel, neither they have any airports.

Khulna is linked via Jessore airport which is about 2 hours commute from Khulna city. You have to land in Jessore and then take Airline-sponsored bus and frankly the road conditions are not up to the mark.

Not sure about Bogra. I think they hosted Sri Lanka once before, but i guess its a different story of hosting a country of "first world", you know what i mean.

Thats why those places mostly host A teams, Associate members and U-19's.

And its not just about hosting the game. You have to have the facilities to cater for the international media such as press, broadcasters including the 24 something cameramen, commentators, behind the scene personnel.

You get the point.

khulna cannot host Tests due to inadequate lodging, but its OK for one dayers.

bogra can host tests.

all those logistical things you mentioned are taken into consideration BEFORE they certify int'l venues. in other words, no matter how classy the stadium, if you don't have the press box, hotels, roads, etc, the venue won't be certified by the ICC. at least that was my idea.

BANFAN
July 20, 2008, 11:35 AM
Bogra uses Rajshahi Airport. No hotel at all. One shabby hotel of BPC. It got through because of Coco prob.

Time to make 5 stars/Accomodation of that class in all the divisional cities and make atleast 6 venues. It's boaring to have repeated matches in one stadium.

auntu
July 20, 2008, 11:39 AM
SAnd its not just about hosting the game. You have to have the facilities to cater for the international media such as press, broadcasters including the 24 something cameramen, commentators, behind the scene personnel.

U got the point. I think broadcasting company don’t want to move that much that coz the probe of having home matches only in CTG and Dhaka.

We could have easily use four venues for 3 ODIs and 2 Test matches serious. 1 ODI each in BOGRA and KHULNA. 1 ODI and 1 Test in Dhaka and 1 test in CTG. Next tour opposite. Only ODIs in CTG and Dhaka and Tests in Bogra and Khulna. But problem with broadcasting issue. Because they have to also move and setup the whole thing which the companies often doesn’t agree with the countries like BD.

So that's the kahini..

Zunaid
July 20, 2008, 11:43 AM
Hmm.. Why would they use Rajshahi airport having airport at Bogra?

Zunaid
July 20, 2008, 11:48 AM
Btw, Bogra does have a 4-star hotel hat allowed it to get certified by ICC.

It's the Hotel Naz Garden (http://www.hotelnazgarden.com/home.php).

Miraz
July 20, 2008, 11:52 AM
Bangladesh Cricket Tourism from Banglacricket (http://www.banglacricket.com/html/tourism.php)

Will answer most of your questions. :)

auntu
July 20, 2008, 12:07 PM
Airport

Bogra does not have an airport of its own.

ei kahini?

Miraz bhai great work there. age khea kori nai. khub valo hoise. :big_hug:

Rabz
July 20, 2008, 12:52 PM
Didnt know Bogra got such a nice hotel.
I knew the Sri Lankan team stayed in a hotel of some international standard, but it looks nice enough from the pics.

Thanks Boss and Miraz bhai.

Seems like its about time to plan a trip to Bogra. Never been in North Bengal.

detroitpagla
July 20, 2008, 02:16 PM
so sad another sweep...but good news we have chance to lose 9 stright games and 4 tests...Aus+++NZ++++SA why can't we play against Kenya or Canada or Zim

cricman
July 20, 2008, 02:38 PM
so sad another sweep...but good news we have chance to lose 9 stright games and 4 tests...Aus+++NZ++++SA why can't we play against Kenya or Canada or Zim

so your favorite player can score hundreds again?

very ironic that i put a :up: for this tour a while ago, but not for the pak tour

BANFAN
July 20, 2008, 10:58 PM
Naz Garden started to render its services to valued guests and clients from 16th August 2005.

Thanks Miraz

Well I didn't visit North since 2000. So I am outdated. The BPC Motel must have been renovated for this purpose. Good to see some accomodations after all.

The airport at saidpur is at the same distance from Bogra by road as Rajshahi is. The same Biman flight connects both the airports. So the situation is same as Khulna.

Fazal
July 25, 2008, 10:03 AM
gud.... gud.... the more home series the better.

BANFAN
July 29, 2008, 02:10 PM
Will it be possible to have the Canada tour along side this series in Oct? Playing a 20/20 series won't be a good idea before the NZ series either. We need to prepare for the Tests.