PDA

View Full Version : This day 8 years ago

Zunaid
June 26, 2008, 08:28 PM
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="162"> <tbody><tr> <td> <table class="display" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <th>On June 26th in
Bangladesh Cricket
</th> </tr> <tr> <td> <table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td> 2000 (http://content.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/89431.html)
Finally! Bangladesh is recognized as a Test Playing Nation by the ICC. </td> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> <tr> <th align="right">View All Events >> (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/../History/thisday.php)

</th> </tr> </tbody></table></td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Omio
June 26, 2008, 08:45 PM
woow..

Ajfar
June 26, 2008, 08:51 PM
wow...8 hectic years

Eshen
June 26, 2008, 08:56 PM
and Bangladesh is still not worthy for this status ....

ialbd
June 26, 2008, 09:00 PM
sigh... I wish I could say "koi 8 years ager Bangladesh Cricket team ar koi ekhoner team"

oracle
June 26, 2008, 09:27 PM
well despite all the gloom it is an event worth taking pride in. And tomorow will be a better day, just keep up the confidence level and the wins will trickle in again.

Zunaid
June 26, 2008, 09:39 PM
well despite all the gloom it is an event worth taking pride in. And tomorow will be a better day, just keep up the confidence level and the wins will trickle in again.

At the expense of self-aggrandizement I am pointing to this 2004 (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?p=43980)post of mine.

Final thoughts? Well, we have Test Status. Others just need to suck it up. Others may criticize us. We will just have to suck it up.

oracle
June 26, 2008, 09:50 PM
Ah , the halycon days of Zunaid's rebellious youth?

Antora
June 27, 2008, 01:25 AM
wow 8 years hoy gese ??!! =O
hmm......

bujhee kom
June 27, 2008, 01:49 AM
we love bangladesh! we love our tigers, all tigers! in the jungle and at the stadium! long live this day! long live BD! long live bd cricket!

BANFAN
June 27, 2008, 02:23 AM
A day that should make all the Bangladeshis feel PROUD indeed.

Thanks for the reminder.

Final thoughts? Well, we have Test Status. Others just need to suck it up. Others may criticize us. We will just have to suck it up.

Sad part is the staement still stands current but the impetus of the critics are gaining new grounds after the advent of ICL/IPL which is promising new prospects to the stronger nations and we might just be not accepted enough to be a part of those future plans.

Baundule
June 27, 2008, 02:34 AM
It gives me a mixed feeling like I have at my birthdays: this day is great because I was born on this day; but it also means that I am getting older. The race between these two opposite feelings is won, if I feel that I have done enough good works for my age.

Unfortunately, Bangladesh cricket has not made enough improvement to be that much happy with this day. I believe in real works, not in certificates.

PoorFan
June 27, 2008, 02:58 AM
BD didn't work enough to celebrate this day as a great day, in fact maintained ( near to ) zero progress in term of result. We fan still waiting to take pride from this day, though hope ... the day will come ... before its too late.

Nocturnal
June 27, 2008, 03:00 AM
[বাংলা]আলহামদুলিল্লাহ

ইন্নালিল্লাহ[/বাংলা]

Miraz
June 27, 2008, 03:47 AM
8 years is not a very long time. We had our highs and obvious lows, we could have done better, but we are slowly becoming a cricket nation that's for sure.

We are developing our infrastructure... getting more people into the game and the prospect is bright.

Without this day we would have been nowhere near where we are now!!

Zobair
June 27, 2008, 07:50 AM
'nuff said!

Kabir
June 27, 2008, 08:32 AM
Ah , the halycon days of Zunaid's rebellious youth?

Man...that was just 4 years ago. At his age, 4 years is dood bhaat.

Kabir
June 27, 2008, 08:33 AM
[বাংলা]আলহামদুলিল্লাহ

ইন্নালিল্লাহ[/বাংলা]

:floor:

Perfect post for this thread :floor:

crikfreak
June 27, 2008, 10:08 AM
wow man.. 8 years.. unfortunately we cant celebrate this day as much as we'd have liked to.. but its still a day we should be proud of..

hopefully.. say after 2 years.. we'll be able to ACTUALLY celebrate our 10 year anniversary of getting test status ( that is if ICC lets us keep it)..

i'm waiting for the day we can take pride about this and say "bangladesh is a test playing nation!!"

makorsha
June 27, 2008, 11:36 AM
wow man.. 8 years.. unfortunately we cant celebrate this day as much as we'd have liked to.. but its still a day we should be proud of..

hopefully.. say after 2 years.. we'll be able to ACTUALLY celebrate our 10 year anniversary of getting test status ( that is if ICC lets us keep it)..

i'm waiting for the day we can take pride about this and say "bangladesh is a test playing nation!!"
I remeber Gordon grenidge who said we wernt ready.. i

but I saw an article on India in that situation before w1983 worlcup
so time will tell.

BD-Shardul
June 27, 2008, 11:40 AM
8 bochor mane to bachcha pola---kiddo :-D

Nasif
June 27, 2008, 11:43 AM
Lets put it this way:
If we didn't get it, BC wouldn't be here! It was initially called "TestStatus", and Tehsin bhai started it for BD getting test status.
Now decide for yourself if want BC or not :)

Rabz
June 27, 2008, 11:43 AM
হাটি হাটি পায়ের দিন শেষ।

এখন কোমর সোজা করে মাথা উচিয়ে হাটার প্রহর ।

TomalCA
June 27, 2008, 03:11 PM
8 years is not a very long time. We had our highs and obvious lows, we could have done better, but we are slowly becoming a cricket nation that's for sure.

We are developing our infrastructure... getting more people into the game and the prospect is bright.

how many years would make a 'very long time' for you or for Bangladesh cricket team? please dont say - 26 yrs.
even with this day, Bangladesh could not be anywhere near the world standard.

al Furqaan
June 27, 2008, 04:11 PM
how many years would make a 'very long time' for you or for Bangladesh cricket team? please dont say - 26 yrs.

even with this day, Bangladesh could not be anywhere near the world standard.

would you want to be treated by an 8 year old doctor?

would you want an 8 year old lawyer representing you?

do you think a class 8 graduate is highly educated?

if you do, you're a moron.

cricket_dorshok
June 27, 2008, 04:15 PM
8 years is not that a long time. Then again we did not do much for our cricket what we should.

akabir77
June 27, 2008, 04:19 PM
Lets put it this way:
If we didn't get it, BC wouldn't be here! It was initially called "TestStatus", and Tehsin bhai started it for BD getting test status.
Now decide for yourself if want BC or not :)

Is this because of its 8th year Bday causing all that trouble in BC lately?:hairpull:

WarWolf
June 27, 2008, 06:53 PM
Let us put it this way...
Bangladesh a 8 years old kid in the arena of test cricket who yet to learn how to walk and just crawling and crawling..............

Murad
June 27, 2008, 09:29 PM
8 bochor ache amra 400 score korsilam Test e ar 8 bochor pore amra 200 korte haatu kaape..

That's the reality of our cricket team.

lamisa
June 28, 2008, 12:56 AM
lets see aro 8 yrs pore ki hoy,i want 2 see a mature,responsible 16 year old....

Sohel
June 28, 2008, 01:06 AM
Despite our many setbacks and soiled expectations, we're much better off now than we were 8 years ago. Associate sides are no longer a threat and we have beaten top 8 sides without fixing the match.

Maybe Sid will come to his senses and take us as far in his 2 years. Optimism is a part of who we are.

TomalCA
June 28, 2008, 09:33 AM
would you want to be treated by an 8 year old doctor?

would you want an 8 year old lawyer representing you?

do you think a class 8 graduate is highly educated?

if you do, you're a moron.
are u crazy? test status was NOT suppose to be the birth of cricket for Bangladesh or any other country. its the graduation of cricket.

and i will definitely not have any problem being treated by a doctor who graduated 8 yrs ago nor being represented by a lawyer who has been practicing for 8 yrs. and i must think, someone who completed his graduation 8 yrs back is quite (if not 'highly') educated.

Surfer
June 28, 2008, 10:27 AM
Congrats on completing 8 years. Whats unfortunate is that BD could have done much better with the same players....with a better temperament. But I hope you will soon pick up.