PDA

View Full Version : [External Item] Rampaging India not to show mercy against Bangladesh tomorrow !!!

BANFAN
June 27, 2008, 02:35 PM
Karachi, June 27: With Indian captain M S Dhoni keen to maintain the momentum, Bangladesh should not expect any mercy when they take on the tournament favourites in the super four stage of the Asia Cup cricket tournament here on Saturday.

Dhoni and his men pummelled minnows Hong Kong and mighty Pakistan with identical ruthlessness and Bangladesh would require a miracle of sort to halt the Indian juggernaut o Saturday.

Sensing that a sense of complacency might creep in among the ranks, Dhoni has already warned his teammates not to lower the guard tomorrow and the Indian captain is not ready to underestimate Bangladesh either.

"Cricket is a cruel game and you cannot afford to relax. We are here like the others to try to win this tournament as it is a big one from the Asian point of view," Dhoni said.
FULL STORY (http://www.centralchronicle.com/20080628/2806222.htm)

Can BD stop India from breaking their Asia Cup record score against HK ?

akabir77
June 27, 2008, 02:42 PM
Good for them. After the lost they can say we were in easy mood :>

Eshen
June 27, 2008, 02:50 PM
Does that mean India will field their full strength team ? According to cricinfo, they are supposed let two rookie bowlers (Gony and Ojha) play against us.

MohammedC
June 27, 2008, 03:05 PM
Cricket
Star Cricket Asia Cup
Focus on own game
Tigers face India today
TigerCricket.Com, Karachi

<TABLE cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=2 width=200 align=right border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2008/06/28/2008-06-28__sp04.jpg</TD></TR><TR><TD class=osdn-navtext>Bangladesh cricket captain Mohammad Ashraful runs to catch the ball as teammate Shahriar Nafees Ahmed (R) looks on during a training session in Karachi yesterday. Photo: AFP
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>With all the media interest reserved for the Indian team, the Bangladesh squad had a calm and quite training session at the National Bank of Pakistan ground near the famed Clifton beach yesterday afternoon. After feeling the heat of Lahore the weather in Karachi has come as a relief for the Bangladesh players who had a couple of hours in the nets with a soothing breeze blowing in from the Arabian Sea.

The main worry for the Tigers in this tournament has been the bowling with the pacers in particular going for too many runs both against UAE and Sri Lanka in their Asia Cup Group games in Lahore. Bangladesh new ball bowlers gave away 80 in the first 10 overs against Sri Lanka and 52 against UAE and. Only Mashrafe Bin Mortaza has bowled 17 overs while the two other quicks Shahadat Hossain and Dollar Mahmud have been hit out of the attack and have completed only 21 overs between them. The Tigers have also conceded 24 wides in the two games including 18 in the match against Sri Lanka. Naturally, the bowling dominated the team's preparation for the game against an on-fire India.

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=43165

SS
June 27, 2008, 04:16 PM
Our batsmen will somehow score few runs and give away their wickets. Our bowlers will be slaughtered. Riyad, kapali, dollar, farhad, shahadat need to get ready for the nightmare. Rafiq, Sakib and Rasel should have made the difference if chosen. Selection committee is the culprit.

Electrequiem
June 27, 2008, 05:56 PM
Yeah, but not that we asked/expected them to show mercy anyways.

smashyboy
June 27, 2008, 06:08 PM
Title is completely different from what Dhoni said. Sensationlism.

WarWolf
June 27, 2008, 06:34 PM
Our batsmen will somehow score few runs and give away their wickets. Our bowlers will be slaughtered. Riyad, kapali, dollar, farhad, shahadat need to get ready for the nightmare. Rafiq, Sakib and Rasel should have made the difference if chosen. Selection committee is the culprit.
Spot on Sadi. Nothing left to say.

abdulmukit
June 27, 2008, 07:50 PM
Yeah, but not that we asked/expected them to show mercy anyways.

exactly, what mercy are they talking about? we never asked for mercy and we'll never ask. instead, you never know they (india) might start begging as for mercy tommorow.

how come they forget world cup 2007 so quickly? sure we are playing below our capability at the moment but i can asure them that a better display by our batsman and bowlers is on the way very soon (tommorow?). let us just wait and see.:sick:

fan_frm_the_uk
June 27, 2008, 08:19 PM

rafiq has retired, sakib is busy with exams, rasel was struggling with injury(not sure if he has recoverd yet). I dont want to defend the selectors as they have made few mitakes but it doesnt mean we start blaming them for everything. did they advise sakib to sit for exams at this time?

Tintin
June 27, 2008, 10:28 PM
exactly, what mercy are they talking about? we never asked for mercy and we'll never ask. instead, you never know they (india) might start begging as for mercy tommorow.

how come they forget world cup 2007 so quickly? sure we are playing below our capability at the moment but i can asure them that a better display by our batsman and bowlers is on the way very soon (tommorow?). let us just wait and see.:sick:

Please read the article.

What Dhoni said is "Cricket is a cruel game and you cannot afford to relax. We are here like the others to try to win this tournament as it is a big one from the Asian point of view...We have to win all our matches for we want to carry the momentum to the final. I'm happy with the bowlers' performance, while the batsmen too are on song".

How does it translate to mercy and all that ?

Blah
June 27, 2008, 10:38 PM
Man, people don't read nowadays. Who mentioned anything about showing mercy?
Why is BANFAN distorting words to get negative reaction from people?

abdulmukit
June 27, 2008, 11:42 PM
Bangladesh should not expect any mercy when they take on the tournament favourites in the super four stage of the Asia Cup cricket tournament here on Saturday.

tintin bhai,
looks like the writer of the article say this. but either way, the word 'mercy' is wrongly used here.
were teams like australia, south africa, pakistan, srilanka or even india showed kindness towards us when we beated them? and when we managed to be competitive against top teams?

so what he meant by mercy? we dont have even a single Percentage of chance to beat india when we face them? or we wouldnt be able to play competitive cricket against them?

oracle
June 28, 2008, 12:10 AM
India is in a good position now but I am not convinced that Sehwag will be able to pull off another century. On the other hand I am wary of Raina. He has more at stake and will play to secure his position in the team.

BANFAN
June 28, 2008, 12:18 AM
Man, people don't read nowadays. Who mentioned anything about showing mercy?
Why is BANFAN distorting words to get negative reaction from people?

Man, you make conclusive comments, too early. Without using some of your time and efforts to verify facts. Click on the link and see, who said it. Or atleast read the part quoted in the opening thread.

I'm sure, BANFAN didn't. :)

lamisa
June 28, 2008, 12:49 AM
v dont need mercy,v will play with our full strength and them with theirs.tarpor dekha jabe ki hoy....

Blah
June 28, 2008, 12:57 AM
Man, you make conclusive comments, too early. Without using some of your time and efforts to verify facts. Click on the link and see, who said it. Or atleast read the part quoted in the opening thread.

I'm sure, BANFAN didn't. :)

ok my bad. But now thats I think of it, "centralchronicle.com" is an awesome source of information.

BANFAN
June 28, 2008, 01:12 AM
ok my bad. But now thats I think of it, "centralchronicle.com" is an awesome source of information.

Good to know, that your thought process is always neg (-). Go ahead. :)

Blah
June 28, 2008, 01:21 AM
I feel very self conscious what should I do now?

Props to you for qouting from "creditable" source, and generating "negative" reaction.

Sohel
June 28, 2008, 02:08 AM
Uin-luj, daj not matter, tu-photti hoilei hoilo.

And Ash needs to imprubh hiss ebharej, obhiasly.

BANFAN
June 28, 2008, 03:35 AM
Mr. Blah Blah, What is so negative, about India showing no mercy? As if you were expecting some? Expect no mercy in the professional ciruit in any sports.

But offcourse, Your credible sources might just show a merciful Dhoni/India !!

I'm happy if BD plays with the right attitude. That's what has been missing since JS took over.

Surfer
June 28, 2008, 04:44 AM
I am sure you guys dont want mercy....you want tough professional cricket. The word 'mercy' has been used by the author of the article and not by Dhoni anyways.