PDA

View Full Version : How to bowl in a placid track

Tigers_eye
June 27, 2008, 03:47 PM
Flat track with no movement.
Shahadat, Dolar are you reading this?

Many a times I have seen Bracken, Johnson, Gillespie, Ntini, Pollock, study and copy our Rasel. They took out the pace and concentrated bowling in the right area according to field settings. If off is loaded then you better expect the ball out side the off coming in (angle not movement). Or round the wicket going out with two slips in place.

Keeper coming up to the stumps should keep the batsmen close to popping crease.

The master (Vassy) just showed how to bowl with his 125 kph balls. No excuse for the management not to know how to bowl.

Calling out the pace attack, mathai ki kono ghilu asey? Capitano?? Coach?? you want to restrict opponents inside 300? Then instruct your pacers to bowl in the right area in the practice nets first.

Since Rasel is not in the team, can we make dolar, shahadat shape up in to Rasel on these tracks?

One World
June 27, 2008, 03:50 PM
Age-defying cream may work.

Tigers_eye
June 27, 2008, 03:58 PM
Age-defying cream may work.
Any examples?

Eshen
June 27, 2008, 04:03 PM
Even Sakib can give our pacers few lessons how to restrict runs just by varying line & length.

al Furqaan
June 27, 2008, 04:07 PM
without rasel, no hope.

prepare for scoring 230 with a 420 target.

SS
June 27, 2008, 04:08 PM
- Mashrafee needs to shed some "bhuri" and know how to bowl swings and use his head more
- Shahadat needs to cut his hair and also instead of being Sharapova..he needs to become a real man
- Dollar should change his name to Euro, Yen or Rupee for better performance, then he will bowl better in flat track
- Farhad needs to gain some muscle and jump extra 5 inch to generate more pace to be a medium pacer

cricket_dorshok
June 27, 2008, 04:11 PM
- Dollar should change his name to Euro, Yen or Rupee for better performance, then he will bowl better in flat track

haha, the nice one!:lol:

akabir77
June 27, 2008, 04:17 PM
I hope Ather would arrange a session with his fellow commentator the great Wasim Akram on how to bowl on Paki placid wickets.

cricket_dorshok
June 27, 2008, 04:25 PM
Placid or mine field, you have to have some gray materials in the upper chamber which seriously lack in out cricketers.

Tigers_eye
June 27, 2008, 04:26 PM
take the pace off, bowl at the right areas. Is that very hard? The captain should hammer this in cause he was complaining about his pacers in the previous game.

No leg side loppas and wides!!!

SS
June 27, 2008, 04:31 PM
take the pace off, bowl at the right areas. Is that very hard? The captain should hammer this in cause he was complaining about his pacers in the previous game.

No leg side loppas and wides!!!

All the commentary I read, more than 60% of the time they were bowling legside and bowling with ordinary pace and no swing. Intelligent bowling is long forgetten since Rafique's departure.

Gowza
June 27, 2008, 06:28 PM
bowl stump to stump, that's generally what pacers try to do in unfriendly tracks, of course if you have a bit of extra pace than the average pace bowler that also helps on a track that isn't seaming or swinging.

AsifTheManRahman
June 27, 2008, 08:12 PM
Excellent thread.

Just do the basics - bowl to a line and length and wickets will come. No point in trying fancy stuff when the pitch has nothing to offer.

Ishtylish cricketer
June 28, 2008, 12:52 AM
Those shocking leg stump half volleys and slow half trackers need to be sustituted with intellingent slower balls, yorkers and occaisional 110% effort bouncers. I remember Gautam Gambhir once told A. Sohail in an interview after getting out against SL, that he never expected a yorker first up. Maybe we should try to bowl slower ball and yorkers even with the new ball because in these batting beauties of Pakistan the ball will only seam and/or turn 360°. The only thing the bowlers can do is swing it it air but if the bowling is slow then the batsman can easily play it. What struck me the most watching the Bd vs. India match is that none of our bowler have a slower bouncer in their arselnal. Nowadays, most bowlers have two versions of every deliveries to keep the batsmen guessing. Our bowlers need to be updated in that field. As for the game against India, I just want to see a score below 300. It's probably too much to ask but let's hope for the best.

Gowza
June 28, 2008, 01:12 AM
with the pace of most of the bowlers in BD they should be trying to emulate either chaminda vaas or nathan bracken, variety is the key, keep the batstmen guessing. the odd bowler like rubel hossain who has a bit of pace and a slinging action can try to become a fidel edwards or lasith malinga type bowler. obviously every bowler has their own style and just because they have similar pace and a similar action doesn't mean they have to bowl like others who have similar pace and actions to them, but if a bowler doesn't have pace then the best option is to go for variety, line and length is some all bowlers should try to achieve regardless of their pace.

Sohel
June 28, 2008, 02:46 AM
The thread title poses a far more difficult question than "how to **** with a flaccid **** ?".

ZAST BET PHAST, OBHIASLY END HOP PHOR THI KERAKS END DUJ TO HELPH AWAR BOLER.

Hoai ij det su diphikalt tu undershan ?

BANFAN
June 28, 2008, 04:48 AM
Waker gave the best possible suggestion:

ball along off and middle stump line, Pitch the ball slightly up, so that there is late swing and you ensure that it's not going wide on legside by pitching it up. Liked it