PDA

View Full Version : Does Alok deserve it?

sbsash
June 28, 2008, 12:31 PM
Does Alok deserve Man Of The Match for his 115 against India, the first Bangladeshi player to score a century against India?:)

Dhruvo
June 28, 2008, 12:34 PM
Whats the point?everyone knows he deserves it.

Sohel
June 28, 2008, 12:35 PM
No, because it was obhiasly a phluke !

Too bad he had to sell his soul to the >:) for this !

sbsash
June 28, 2008, 12:36 PM
I think he deserves it because its a team record broken and a personal record broken.

al Furqaan
June 28, 2008, 12:40 PM
yes...he deserves it.

Shobha
June 28, 2008, 12:46 PM
aah, bloody hell!

MohammedC
June 28, 2008, 01:17 PM
Does Sbsash deserve a FATA BAASH

Sohel
June 28, 2008, 01:18 PM

Uid or iudaut khanti shorishat toil ?

BANFAN
June 28, 2008, 02:00 PM
Ofcourse. There were two such individual prizes in PAK-IND match as well. in fact it's ok. A briliant performence too close to the man of the match, of either team can't be ignored. Infact ALEX's century was much more entertaining than the one of Raina. Raina got two lives.

It's nice that Alex has been appreciated :)

Rubu
June 28, 2008, 02:19 PM
So we beat India for the 3rd time. Oh wait, we didn't. Because on a very flat track against a very ordinary bowling attack Raina made a match winning century. Funny how that applies to another player as well.

his only credit is, he has done it when other did not use the chance. and that makes all you forget how he is in a one man mission to destroy BD cricket for the last 6 years. just ask yourself, a fluke after 6 years, and in that six years making the team play with 10 players and blocking chance for promising players, does it worth it?

WarWolf
June 28, 2008, 02:25 PM
Does sbsash (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/member.php?u=6940)<!-- BEGIN TEMPLATE: postbit_onlinestatus --> deserve the privilege to open such a thread?

Shaan
June 28, 2008, 03:04 PM
So we beat India for the 3rd time. Oh wait, we didn't. Because on a very flat track against a very ordinary bowling attack Raina made a match winning century. Funny how that applies to another player as well.

his only credit is, he has done it when other did not use the chance. and that makes all you forget how he is in a one man mission to destroy BD cricket for the last 6 years. just ask yourself, a fluke after 6 years, and in that six years making the team play with 10 players and blocking chance for promising players, does it worth it?
Take it easy man, calm down, take a chill pill and appreciate when someone did something good, or learn at least to give credits who deserves it. Otherwise you really don't deserve on such occasion to comment such a hilarious and kinda joke of the century comment. You must be now having tough time to digest this guy's pure bating. His strike rate was much higher than Raina and Gambhir(fact to Bd bowling attack) on such a pitch. And India's this bowling was no joke. Be a critics but not make yourself a subject of fun.

Sohel
June 28, 2008, 03:08 PM
Looking for a fight when a good therapist is called for. These secondary reactions are heartbreaking. Really sad stuff ! My prayers are with the bitter and the loveless.

bablu_baba
June 28, 2008, 03:37 PM

and can you tell me he blocked chance of which young talent? which young talent has ended up being so special for bangladesh?

Rifat
June 28, 2008, 03:47 PM

Rubu, no offense. let me ask you this honest question?

what did Aftab Ahmed did to revitalize Bangladesh cricket??

can we not use the same argument against Aftab for ruining a perfect # 3 spot by ruthless going out after scoring a blitzkrieg?

note to self: I do not hate Aftab/nor do i support him for reasons obvious.

so many times...Aftab dissapointed me... especially after a world cup 2007 west indies, aside from the T20 knock supporting Ashraful in the 1st day of ramadhan, sending West indies "Packing" Aftab has not really impressed me.

we can also use this same argument that aftab wanted to boost his average by knocking 54* off 78 in 2nd ODI versus New Zealand...December 2007(same way Rubu said in today's match thread: "someone is playing for his average.."(may not be the exact quote but alhamdulillah, close enough;))

the truth is: Aftab is more popular than Alok for his six hitting against Gillespi at Cardiff. enough said!

bdchamp20
June 28, 2008, 03:53 PM

What makes it even more hilarious is that an Aftab Ahmed fan is saying this.

Fahim
June 28, 2008, 05:14 PM
can someone clarify this for me so did alok win the MOM or was it raina?

simon
June 28, 2008, 06:05 PM
Yes he deserves it more than Raina bcse Raina got 2 lives & Raina's Strike rate was much lower than Alok.

Carte Blanche
June 28, 2008, 06:34 PM
Yes he deserves it more than Raina bcse Raina got 2 lives & Raina's Strike rate was much lower than Alok.

But he did seal the fate of the match. I'm fine with Raina.

arafath79
June 28, 2008, 07:18 PM
Nothin much to say except thanking Alok for playing a brilliant knock aganist India but I still think Sakib is better choice than Alok. :)

When Sakibul Hasan is fit and ready to play for national team Alok would be at the 12th man position. It would not be a good idea to kick him out of the team because of his recent batting form. Alok should stay under the observation of the coach Siddons and the trainer so that he can play in the main XI when it's required.

Beamer
June 28, 2008, 07:29 PM
One man mission to destroy Bangladesh cricket!

What a comment. I bet nobody takes the comment or the provider of the comment seriously. Every village has its one deranged soul. We have one here too.

tiger_club
June 28, 2008, 07:59 PM
can someone clarify this for me so did alok win the MOM or was it raina?

Raina won the MOM, Alok's century wasn't enough to win the match for BD /:) we still need to improve our batting, getting less than 300 is no more competitive score against team like IND/PAK/SLA. Our bowling and fielding were terrible yesterday. We failed to put them under pressure from the beginning. I’m happy knowing that we’re slowly improving our batting, there is always someone performing in the team. Alok did a fantastic job but it could’ve been better if Mahmudullah contributed bit more, we had 4 wickets in hand and he played quite a few dot balls at the end which was unnecessary. I’ve missed Russell and Sakib in the team. It’s a pleasure that we’re not playing with our full strength so we’ve to accept our obvious defeat.

Murad
June 28, 2008, 08:37 PM
Nothin much to say except thanking Alok for playing a brilliant knock aganist India but I still think Sakib is better choice than Alok. :)

When Sakibul Hasan is fit and ready to play for national team Alok would be at the 12th man position. It would not be a good idea to kick him out of the team because of his recent batting form. Alok should stay under the observation of the coach Siddons and the trainer so that he can play in the main XI when it's required.

I don't think Alok will be dropped from the eleven for Shakib.

Riyad has to be benched when Shakib comes in.

Our Eleven will be like this after the Asia cup:

1. Tamim
2. SN/JS
3. Ash
4. Raqibul
5. Alok
6. Shakib
7. Mushy
8. Mashrafe
9. Razzak
10. Shahadat
11. Rasel.

lamisa
June 28, 2008, 10:44 PM

1. Tamim
2. SN/JS
3. Ash
4. Raqibul
5. Alok
6. Shakib
7. Mushy
8. Mashrafe
9. Razzak
10. Shahadat
11. Rasel.

y do u want riyad out?he has been performing consistently and kalke he had a very good economic rate compared 2 the others.he is regularly contributing in every match.i think he deserves it more than alok.

irteja
June 29, 2008, 01:33 AM
Alok should have been Man of the Match

Shaan
June 29, 2008, 02:22 AM

1. Tamim
2. SN/JS
3. Ash
4. Raqibul
5. Alok
6. Shakib
7. Mushy
8. Mashrafe
9. Razzak
10. Shahadat
11. Rasel.

Both balling and batting wise this squad looks very perfect and very strong in every prospect of the game. Hope we will see this happen soon.

Perm
June 29, 2008, 02:29 AM
I felt that Kapali deserved to be picked as MOTM ahead of Suresh Raina. Both were dropped early on in their respective innings, but Kapali's century was a record breaking one and totally unexpected. That said, I'm not surprised Raina got it, as is often the case when there are two excellent performances in the game. Often it goes to the player on the winning side.

cricket_king
June 29, 2008, 03:16 AM
y do u want riyad out?he has been performing consistently and kalke he had a very good economic rate compared 2 the others.he is regularly contributing in every match.i think he deserves it more than alok.

If you've ever watched Mahmudullah play, you'd see he is no use real use to the team. And you obviously have no idea how useless his bowling is. The ball barely spins and they are in no way wicket-taking balls. Not one ball troubled the Indian batsmen. And as for his batting...we desperately need a finisher. He isn't the one. He seems to be a decent batsman in terms of technique, but he struggles to find gaps and isn't a big hitter. We've got better choices in the batting department in the top order, so he's of no use at all. The only reason I can find to keep him in the team is because he can keep his wicket for a while. But I doubt he can last very long.

lamisa
June 29, 2008, 05:43 AM
If you've ever watched Mahmudullah play, you'd see he is no use real use to the team. And you obviously have no idea how useless his bowling is. The ball barely spins and they are in no way wicket-taking balls. Not one ball troubled the Indian batsmen. And as for his batting...we desperately need a finisher. He isn't the one. He seems to be a decent batsman in terms of technique, but he struggles to find gaps and isn't a big hitter. We've got better choices in the batting department in the top order, so he's of no use at all. The only reason I can find to keep him in the team is because he can keep his wicket for a while. But I doubt he can last very long.

i guess u didnt read the last line of my post.i dnt find anything wrong with im @ his position.technically hes much better than a lot of our "experienced" batsmen and @ no. 7,he has been contributing regularly.i would rather have him on the team,who has a good technique,and just let him learn,he can also add a few more to our totals consistently rather than someone who can slog a few but we can never depend on him 2 always chip stth in.as 4 yesterday's game,it was a flat pitch so cant say much about the spin and he was the most economis of hem all yesterday.

thebest
June 29, 2008, 10:45 AM
and can you tell me he blocked chance of which young talent? which young talent has ended up being so special for bangladesh?
One name Manjurul Islam Rana (RIP).
and yes I am disappoined with Aftab but consistently scores in 30s. If one consider Aftab scores rarely over 50, it takes a lot to maintain an average in mid 20s

Kabir
June 29, 2008, 12:18 PM

No. A muli baash...joint gula ashlei moja beshi. Cholbe to?

Rabz
June 29, 2008, 01:05 PM
I thought Raina deserved to be the MOM. He played a match winning innings and took his team safely home. Yes, he got a life early in his innings, but its not his fault that the Bangladeshi fielders could not hold on to the simple chances.

Alok played a brilliant knock, no doubt about that, but his innings was carefree and under a different circumstances. BD was batting first and after 40 overs with few wickets in hand, Alok had the licence to kill and he did go for a kill and was successful. Yes, Kapali broke his personal record, but that does not mean you have to give him the MOM only because he played his best.

On the other hand, Raina came to bat when the team lost 2 wickets for 60 odd runs chasing a big total. The team was under pressure and he played superb knock not only to score a magnificent century but to build a very good partnership with Gambhir to take his team to the brink of victory.

If that is not a MOM innings, i dont know what is.

Man of the match is not a consolation prize. It is not served nicely on a platter, and does not come with a coupon. You have to fight it among 22 men to earn it.

Raina was the deserving MOM.

sbsash
June 29, 2008, 04:14 PM
But he did seal the fate of the match. I'm fine with Raina.
Thats why I opened this thread.

BanCricFan
June 29, 2008, 08:01 PM

Some people just don't get it! One of the finest one day knocks one will ever see- from the innings building to amazing accelaration (2nd 50 of only 21 balls), proper cricketing shots all over the park. Right you are- that was a perfect example of fluke one has ever seen ( or perhaps, somebody was lucky enough not to see it for whatever reasons)!!!

:head::head::head: