PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafe and his off-cutters

Nafi
June 28, 2008, 03:34 PM
lol never have i seen a fast bowler revert to bowling just off-cutters, what's he tryin to do, beome the worlds fastest offspinner, but i have to say those off-cutters were fast 75-80 mph an hour, wasim akram was perplexed by this and just had nothin to say, except he asked if mashrafee had forgotte how to bowl a normal seam up fast delivery.

WarWolf
June 28, 2008, 04:28 PM
lol never have i seen a fast bowler revert to bowling just off-cutters, what's he tryin to do, beome the worlds fastest offspinner, but i have to say those off-cutters were fast 75-80 mph an hour, wasim akram was perplexed by this and just had nothin to say, except he asked if mashrafee had forgotte how to bowl a normal seam up fast delivery.
There was a fast medium bowler called Rajab Ali from Kenya who mastered the trick very well. He took some wickets with this delivery. He played for Kenya during the 1995-96 period.

RazabQ
June 29, 2008, 02:41 AM
he realized this was a pitch where there was nothing to be gained by going flat out - since his flat out is still not FAST. Smart bowling by him I say

Imtiaz
June 29, 2008, 04:01 AM
I thought Wasim Akram was talking through his hat. The only ball in the over when Akram made those remarks which went for a six was the one at 130kph.

I thought Mashrafe adjusted to the circumstances very well. Induced two false strokes. It is not his fault that catches were dropped out of those shots.

By the way, I thought Shahadat until the last spell also bowled well. That surprised me even more.

cricket_pagol
June 29, 2008, 04:23 AM
I thought Wasim Akram was talking through his hat. The only ball in the over when Akram made those remarks which went for a six was the one at 130kph.

I thought Mashrafe adjusted to the circumstances very well. Induced two false strokes. It is not his fault that catches were dropped out of those shots.

By the way, I thought Shahadat until the last spell also bowled well. That surprised me even more.

Don't underestimate shahadat... he is a really asset if the captain can use him properly. It is disappointing that Rasel is not in the squad, his clever bowling would have been useful in this pitch....

Perm
June 29, 2008, 04:23 AM
Has he got Scott Styris disease?

BANFAN
June 29, 2008, 05:28 AM
He (Mash) judged the pitch well. But he was using the off cutters too often and that I would call being too defensive. He was trying to avoid being hit too much, by using the offcutters.

As always I am a fan of Shahadat and I think he is a class pacer. BD doesn't know how to use his class.

Many of his runs come from batsman's nicks here and there once they are beaten, Fielders/wk in ability to field on such pace and Bad field placing by the captain.

Sohel
June 29, 2008, 09:57 AM
The steady growth of MaMu's bhurhi and his fluctuating spirits worry me a lot more than his variations (or lack there of) on dead wickets.

That said a> 4 basic W2W deliveries, b> one slower one, and c> one off-cutter at perfect line and length EVERY over, can easily make him look a lot better than he has been of late on these dead wickets.

Disciplined aggression, delivery after delivery, over after after over, and spell after spell can compensate for what he has yet to learn and add to his routine. The fire inside him needs to stay lit, now more than ever.