PDA

View Full Version : 14 Things You Don't Know About Alok Kapali

irteja
June 28, 2008, 04:38 PM
14 Things You Don't Know About Alex Kapali

1. As a child he wanted to grow up as a pace bowler. But he was very short and his coach in school advice him to try spin bawling instead. (Source Rajin Saleh) :D

2. As a Child, He also cherishes a secret remote dream to be Bangla Movie actor. But he was too shy to tell this to anyone. (source his recent interview) :smug:

3. Alok likes to eat banana in Breakfast.:blush:

4. He recently brought a Nokia N73 :onethephone:

5. Currently He don’t have a girl friend (source unconfirmed) :rolleyes:

5. He is a fan of Opi Karim (Big Time) :love:

6. He has a Facebook account and he is in my friend list. :joy:

7. His real date of birth is not 1st January ( Source his facebook profile)

8. He don't know how to swim, He really suck at Dancing! :hairpull:

9. He hates balloons! (Source his neighbor in Sylhet) #:-S

10. He secretly visit BC forum. :big_hug:

11. Alok don’t like Sohel NR (until recently) :head:

12. He falls asleep in dressing room watching Khaled Masud batting in a test match against South Africa in Potchefstroom, October 2002. (Source Talha Jubair) :lol:

13. In his ODI debut against Sri Lanka in Colombo Alok was so nerves that he forgot to wear his Abdo box guard (Secret Source) :floor:

Shobha
June 28, 2008, 04:48 PM
this is cool stuff irteja bhai (if half of these are true ofcourse)

i think him and opi karim will make a lovely couple;)

another thing that u guys should know is that he's beloved niece is none other than yours truly :-p

Cash$$$
June 28, 2008, 04:48 PM
this is cool stuff irteja bhai (if half of these are true ofcourse)

i think him and opi karim will make a lovely couple;)

another thing that u guys should know is that he's beloved niece is none other than yours truly :-p

are you serious?

Shobha
June 28, 2008, 05:00 PM
yeah, why would i lie?? :-D

irteja
June 28, 2008, 05:03 PM

Shobha, What's your source ;)

Cash$$$
June 28, 2008, 09:06 PM

liar liar pants on fire

nahaz
June 28, 2008, 09:18 PM

If you're not lying , tell us how many bros and sisters he has. And which countries they're in ?:D

Oh, and if he's now gonna turn into our version of text-addict Warnie?:-D

Blah
June 28, 2008, 10:26 PM

Pictures or it didn't happen.

djnaved
June 28, 2008, 10:38 PM
vai, BC te eto alok kapali'r thread shuru hoise keno?

BC te dekhi khali kapali thread...ekta matche century marlo.....omni 5 6 ta thread...........aro koyekta matche consistent perform koruk..........

lamisa
June 28, 2008, 10:40 PM
freat stuff!imagine alok shabnoor hatire kole niye gaan gaitese r ghurtese!!!and 15 gundas holding him and just 1 fling of the arms throw them 10 meters away just becuase his gf screamed out BACHAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

oracle
June 28, 2008, 11:13 PM
By the way, my claim to fame, I had dinner with him and a few others back in West Indies.
Facebook? Irteja, I would like to be added as his friend-Please assist!!. I am collecting various cricketeers and coaches as friends in my profile.

Zeeshan
June 29, 2008, 12:17 AM

<-Total B/s... (source? just went there and checked and there is no Alok Kapali; thus questions the credibility of the entire list..hmmm) :umm:

sonarbangla
June 29, 2008, 01:01 AM
:mad:well i was so mad at dev whatmore for dropping him and hannan sarkar. these two could have done a lot for our country.

:timeout: and i want rafiq back

irteja
June 29, 2008, 01:23 AM
<-Total B/s... (source? just went there and checked and there is no Alok Kapali; thus questions the credibility of the entire list..hmmm) :umm:

Gopal Bhar Bhai did you really Search Alok Kapali in Facebook? Well if someone is in Facebook it doesn't mean that his name will always show up in search result. there is lots of my friends in face book who hide their visibility. I think Tehsin Bhai did that as well.

those people who are interested to know how to do it. its very simple. Just go to Privacy then Click On Search and you will find a question "Who Can Find You In Search?" in the drop menu choose your Search Visibility only to your friends. all done. Cool .Inst it?

BANFAN
June 29, 2008, 01:39 AM
14 Things You Don't Know About Alex ...

13. In his ODI debut against Sri Lanka in Colombo Alok was so nerves that he forgot to wear his Abdo box guard (Secret Source) :floor:

I know why, everything must have shrunk to 0x0. So that wasn't necessary. :)

Why opi Karim? Isn't she too old now?

Good oing Alex

lamisa
June 29, 2008, 02:07 AM
I know why, everything must have shrunk to 0x0. So that wasn't necessary. :)

Why opi Karim? Isn't she too old now?

Good oing Alex

shez married now!kapali's definitely cuter dan hr husband!!!

irteja
June 29, 2008, 02:26 AM
Lamisa on a personal note if i am not mistaken you used to have a great Avatar of Fast and furious Sahadat Bowling action where his swat oozing from all over his forehead . I really liked that avatar. I wish you bring that back. :)

lamisa
June 29, 2008, 05:49 AM
Lamisa on a personal note if i am not mistaken you used to have a great Avatar of Fast and furious Sahadat Bowling action where his swat oozing from all over his forehead . I really liked that avatar. I wish you bring that back. :)

did i?:-/i really dont remember,sorry...

cricket_pagol
June 29, 2008, 06:00 AM
Alex bro no disrespect, but its funny how everyone wants to be associated with you :)

Apparently, Alex is a regular visitor in a tea stall near Opi karim's house (unconfirmed source... may be his niece can clarify)

Imtiaz
June 29, 2008, 06:10 AM

That is very unfortunate. If you have contact with him, then this must be corrected. The one man who stood by him in his darkest hour.

bdchamp20
June 29, 2008, 06:22 AM
Does he live in Dhaka or Sylhet, nowadays? Anyway good to know(if these are true).

Sohel
June 29, 2008, 07:34 AM
That is very unfortunate. If you have contact with him, then this must be corrected. The one man who stood by him in his darkest hour.

:lol: ... No big deal bro but I appreciate the gesture. It is really amusing that the thread starter -- one of the most vocal agents provocateur in the lynch-mob that singled-out and scapegoated Alok, let others get away with murder, and wanted him permanently out of all forms of International cricket based on a few T20I matches -- found it necessary to post of how Alok didn't like me until recently.

Before he found his new e-friend and hero in ALEX, his signature during that lusty week of Alok bashing was something similar to the following, if I rememeber correctly: -

Alok can't bat, he can't bowl and he can't field. What's he doing in the team ?

It is always heartwarming to how Sunnier skies change attitudes ... :)

Who says a "friend in need is a friend indeed" ? Those who do do, have no future in the traditional party politics of Bangladesh.

To be fair, I was one of MANY who stood by him while other loyalists like Spitty were losing faith justifiably IMHO. But we all wanted him to do better.

My twin Beamer, BanCricFan, ImtiazK, Dr. Z and Shaan, to name a few, were as faithful as I if not more so. Beamer was partcularly vocal even after I grew disgusted at the crypto-fascist lynch-mob mentality, and resorted to sarcasm that went over too many heads.

Alok's batting in domestic cricket has brought me immense joy. But I never failed to speak the truth as I saw and felt it. Occasionally, the people that you have reasoned but unwavering faith in, just don't see the beyond the criticism, but the criticism, once constructive enough, can always make them better once they let it.

Popularity has never been the issue with me. Being of use is. The rest is up GOD our Lord, and the gift of life He has graced us with.

That said, GOD has granted me more than I deserve and I always accept the good, and that includes your sentiments.

BANFAN
June 29, 2008, 07:49 AM

Is it? Well then our Alex is saved :)

wiseshah
June 29, 2008, 08:58 AM

anyway, opi karim is not that cute either without make up, her body shape is so bad. anyway, whats wrong with bengali celebrity, why they marry this kinda ugly guy.

some example:
1. keya (film heroine)
2. shuborna mustofa
3. Ishita
4. shomi kaiser
5. afsana mimi
6. now opi karim

crikfreak
June 29, 2008, 09:28 AM

1. As a child he wanted to grow up as a pace bowler. But he was very short and his coach in school advice him to try spin bawling instead. (Source Rajin Saleh) :D

2. As a Child, He also cherishes a secret remote dream to be Bangla Movie actor. But he was too shy to tell this to anyone. (source his recent interview) :smug:

3. Alok likes to eat banana in Breakfast.:blush:

4. He recently brought a Nokia N73 :onethephone:

5. Currently He don’t have a girl friend (source unconfirmed) :rolleyes:

5. He is a fan of Opi Karim (Big Time) :love:

8. He don't know how to swim, He really suck at Dancing! :hairpull:

9. He hates balloons! (Source his neighbor in Sylhet) #:-S

10. He secretly visit BC forum. :big_hug:

12. He falls asleep in dressing room watching Khaled Masud batting in a test match against South Africa in Potchefstroom, October 2002. (Source Talha Jubair) :lol:

how come there are only 13??:-/??? btw these facts are really interesting.. if they ARE facts.. that is..

crikfreak
June 29, 2008, 09:31 AM

yea.. i don't like her husband.. she cud have got someone better.. opi karim is my cousin's friend.. they were in BUET together..

Rifat
June 29, 2008, 09:33 AM
Moral of the story:
You perform, everyone loves you, including your enemies. you don't perform, even your "friends" abandon you, nobody likes you.

crikfreak
June 29, 2008, 10:08 AM

we want proof!!

Spitfire_x86
June 29, 2008, 10:17 AM
Moral of the story:
You perform, everyone loves you, including your enemies. you don't perform, even your "friends" abandon you, nobody likes you
Correction: Your enemies hate you anyway, even if you perform.

Rabz
June 29, 2008, 10:33 AM
Correction: Your enemies hate you anyway, even if you perform.

...like Spitty would always hate JOB, even if he performs.:-D
(well, i guess its more appropriate to put that in past tense)

Shobha
June 29, 2008, 01:34 PM
guys i'm not really kapali's niece i'm only joking,... just like i joke about riyad being my husband ;)

One World
June 29, 2008, 01:36 PM
Making more and more sense to the sig (j/k).

So how many of you think Kapali should make it to the test team?

One World
June 29, 2008, 01:39 PM
freat stuff!imagine alok shabnoor hatire kole niye gaan gaitese r ghurtese!!!and 15 gundas holding him and just 1 fling of the arms throw them 10 meters away just becuase his gf screamed out BACHAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Just the thought of this imagination almost made me puke.

banglacricpagol
June 29, 2008, 03:34 PM
miss sobha i think everyone here was matured enough to have understood that u were joking.

why so many threads??? one century in a match we LOST.

enaner
June 29, 2008, 03:40 PM
lol ofcourse she was lying

Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim iqbal/Rahul dravid
Send a message via MSN to Shobha
yeah, why would i lie??

eat obhiously chez det chi iz laa-ing .. chi iz a bhua perchon

qwert
June 29, 2008, 03:44 PM

atleast for him we had a very good chance of winning that match

enaner
June 29, 2008, 03:46 PM
oh and alok is sylhety ... isn't he?

irteja
June 29, 2008, 05:33 PM
Apparently, Alex is a regular visitor in a tea stall near Opi karim's house (unconfirmed source... may be his niece can clarify)

Lolz..Good one cp bhai:lol:

how come there are only 13??:-/??? BTW these facts are really interesting.. if they ARE facts.. that is..

I edit out one fact but i cant change the Thread Title:-|

But her Husband is much Educated . He is in Japan doing his PhD.

did i?:-/i really dont remember,sorry...

its okay. may be my mistake:big_hug:

anyway, opi karim is not that cute either without make up, her body shape is so bad. anyway, whats wrong with bengali celebrity, why they marry this kinda ugly guy.

some example:
1. keya (film heroine)
2. shuborna mustofa
3. Ishita
4. shomi kaiser
5. afsana mimi
6. now opi karim

Although i Dont know Doctor Ashik but please dont call him ugly. I am sure quality speaks louder then looks.

yea.. i don't like her husband.. she cud have got someone better.. opi karim is my cousin's friend.. they were in BUET together..

Dont agree. Doctor Ashik ios teaching in a University in Japan. what's wrong with him?

oh and alok is sylhety ... isn't he?

Yes he is Enaner.:D

Spitfire_x86
June 29, 2008, 06:35 PM
...like Spitty would always hate JOB, even if he performs.:-D
(well, i guess its more appropriate to put that in past tense)
Well, I did congratulate him after his 80+ against India last year :-D

Imtiaz
June 29, 2008, 06:56 PM

Because a Bangladeshi batsman was taking on IPL stars at the death overs not by random slogging but imaginatively. I can only compare his innings to Misbah amongst contemporary cricketers.

It is not always that one of our batsman scores a century against a T8 side and that too by simply taking them apart. He was also unselfish. He started his onslaught at 47 and wasn't worried about scoring his 50 and continued in the same vein in the nineties. He never let the run rate go down to achieve personal milestones.

I know batsmen of T8 countries play innings like this all the time, but ours don't. Therefore, it is a cause for celebration.

I think there is another reason. Many supporters actually like him as a person and always wished he would do better. At least at Karachi he did perform.

Hatebreed
June 29, 2008, 07:13 PM
More Arbitrary Number of Things You Don't Know About Alek Kapali

- Kapali CAN believe it's not butter
- Kapali can sneeze with his eyes open
- Kapali can kill two stones with one bird
- Kapali can touch MC Hammer
- Kapali doesn't read books. He stares at them until he gets the information he wants.
- Kapali does not sleep. He waits.
- Kapali is Luke Skywalker's real father.
- If people wear Superman pants, Superman wears Kapali pants.

Source: anonymous, for protection from NTINAKE club members.

BANFAN
June 30, 2008, 01:30 AM
20 # Alex believes in 'PUNORJONOM'

Nocturnal
June 30, 2008, 01:47 AM
20 # Alex believes in 'PUNORJONOM'

[বাংলা]পুনর্জন্মের পর অলক

ঢাকা, ২৯ জুন (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- ধর্মীয় কারণেই হয়তো পুনর্জন্মে বিশ্বাস করেন তিনি। কিন্তু শনিবার করাচীর ন্যাশনাল স্টেডিয়ামে ভারতের বিপক্ষে ৯৬ বলে ১১৫ রানের অসাধারণ ইনিংসটি খেলার পর যা হল, সেটিও তো তার পুনর্জন্মই। হারিয়ে যেতে বসা ব্যাটসম্যান অলক কাপালির পুনর্জন্ম। এভাবে বলায় অবশ্য আপত্তি নেই মাঝের কয়েকটা বছরে নিজেকে হারিয়ে খুঁজতে থাকা এই প্রতিভাবান ব্যাটসম্যানেরও, "আমার প্রয়াত বাবা পুনর্জন্মে বিশ্বাস করতেন। আমিও তাই করি। তবে ক্রিকেটীয় দৃষ্টিকোণ থেকে বলতে পারি আবারো নতুনভাবেই শুরু করলাম আমি।"

নতুনভাবে শুরুর পর রাতারাতি তারকাই বনে গেছেন অলক কাপালি। করাচিতে বাংলাদেশ দলের ঠিকানা পার্ল কন্টিনেন্টাল হোটেলের স্টাফ থেকে শুরু করে নিরাপত্তারক্ষীদে মাঝেও তাকে নিয়ে কৌতুহলের শেষ নেই। লবিতে তো সর্বক্ষণ ভিড় লেগেই ছিল। অলককে একনজর দেখলেই অটোগ্রাফের জন্য ছুটে গেছেন ভক্ত ও শিশুরা। কতোজনের ছবি তোলার আবদারও যে মেটাতে হয়েছে তাকে!

আর বিশ্ব ক্রিকেটের প্রেক্ষাপট থেকে বেশ কিছুদিনের জন্য হারিয়ে যাওয়ার রহস্যের কুল-কিনারা করতে আসা বিদেশী সাংবাদিকদেরও সামলাতে হয়েছে অলককে। বাংলাদেশ দলের মিডিয়া ম্যানেজার রাবিদ ইমাম করাচি থেকে টেলিফোনে অলককে নিয়ে মিডিয়ার আগ্রহটা বোঝাচ্ছিলেন এভাবে, "আজ সকাল থেকে আমার যতো ব্যস্ততা অলককে নিয়েই। একের পর এক সাক্ষাৎকার দিয়ে যেতে হচ্ছিল ওকে।"

অথচ এই জায়গায় থাকারই কথা ছিল না অলকের। তার এখন বাংলাদেশ 'এ' দলের সঙ্গে আয়ারল্যান্ডে থাকার কথা ছিল। কিন্তু আফতাব আহমেদের ইনজুরিতে দলে সুযোগ পাওয়া অলকের পাকিস্তানে পৌছানোর আগেই মনে হচ্ছিল সেখানে কিছু একটা করবেনই, "২২ মাস আগে আমি বাংলাদেশের হয়ে শেষ ওয়ানডে খেলেছি। তাই আমার 'এ' দলে জায়গা পাওয়াটাই আমার পরিবারের সদস্য এবং বন্ধুদের জন্য খুশীর খবর হয়ে এসেছিল। তারা বলেছিল, সুযোগটা কাজে লাগাস। এরপরে তো আফতাব ইনজুরিতে পড়লো এবং আমিও ডাক পেলাম। এখানে আসার আগে মনে পড়ছিল, পাকিস্তান আমার লাকি গ্রাউন্ড। শেষবার (২০০৩ সালে) এখানে এসে কিছু রান করেছিলাম এবং টেস্টে হ্যাটট্টিকও (প্রথম এবং একমাত্র বাংলাদেশী বোলার হিসেবে) করেছি সেবার। সবকিছু মিলিয়ে মনে হচ্ছিল নতুনভাবে শুরুর জন্য এটাই সঠিক জায়গা।"

২০০২ সালের আগস্টে অভিষেকের পর থেকে ২০০৩ সালের নভেম্বর পর্যন্ত তার পারফরম্যান্সের গ্রাফটা উর্ধ্বমুখীই ছিল। কিন্তু এরপর থেকেই আর রান পাচ্ছিলেন না। ব্যর্থতার সময়টা প্রলম্বিত হওয়ায় সাবেক কোচ ডেভ হোয়াটমোর তাকে দল থেকে বাদই দেন। অলক অবশ্য এসব ঘটনায় নিজের দায়ই দেখছেন, "আমি ডেভ কিংবা অন্য কাউকে দোষারোপ করতে পারি না। আমি রান করছিলাম না। এবং এজন্যই বাংলাদেশ দল থেকে বাদ পড়ার সত্যিটা আমাকে মানতেই হবে। আমার কোনো ক্ষোভও ছিল না। বাংলাদেশ দল যখনই খেলতো আমি শুভকামনাই জানাতাম।"

রানে ফেরার জন্য অনেকের শরণাপন্ন হয়েছেন। কিন্তু সেটা হিতে বিপরীত হয়েছে বলেও জানিয়েছেন তিনি, "যখন ফর্মে ছিলাম না তখন অনেকের সঙ্গেই কথা বলেছি। কী করা উচিত- এ নিয়ে কোচ থেকে শুরু করে অনেক খেলোয়াড়ের সঙ্গেও কথা বলেছি। সম্ভবত সেসময় আমি খুব বেশি লোকের সঙ্গে কথা বলে ফেলেছিলাম এবং তাদের কথা শুনে অনেক কিছু করারও চেষ্টা করেছি। যেগুলোতে ফল তো পাই-ইনি বরং 'কনফিউসড' এক ক্রিকেটার হয়ে গিয়েছিলাম।" সেখান থেকে বেরিয়ে আসার রহস্যটাও খুলে বলেছেন, "এরপর আমি নিজেই নিজের ব্যাটিংয়ের খুঁতগুলো বের করলাম। টেকনিক্যাল কিছু পরিবর্তনও এনেছি ব্যাটিংয়ে। আগে আমি শুরুর দিকে খুব বেশি আড়াআড়ি খেলে ফেলতাম। একারণেই আমি রান পাচ্ছিলাম না। এরপর সোজা ব্যাটে খেলার প্র্যাকটিস শুরু করলাম। এরপর তো এই মৌসুমে জাতীয় লিগ ও ঢাকার প্রিমিয়ার লিগে রান করলাম।" [/বাংলা]

oracle
June 30, 2008, 02:33 AM
Well reincarnation is an article of faith in Hinduism, is'nt it?

Sohel
June 30, 2008, 03:00 AM
Because a Bangladeshi batsman was taking on IPL stars at the death overs not by random slogging but imaginatively. I can only compare his innings to Misbah amongst contemporary cricketers.

It is not always that one of our batsman scores a century against a T8 side and that too by simply taking them apart. He was also unselfish. He started his onslaught at 47 and wasn't worried about scoring his 50 and continued in the same vein in the nineties. He never let the run rate go down to achieve personal milestones.

I know batsmen of T8 countries play innings like this all the time, but ours don't. Therefore, it is a cause for celebration.

I think there is another reason. Many supporters actually like him as a person and always wished he would do better. At least at Karachi he did perform.

Absolutely spot on.

I remember being laughted at when I made the Misbah comparison not too long ago. Who's laughing now ? ... :lol:

Some of us here in Bangladesh have seen Ollie bat like this in the NCL for the last 2 years, and had always hoped to see him bring some of that at the highest level. Now that he has, I pray to GOD that he continues to.

He needs to and more importantly, Bangladesh needs him to SUSTAIN this success.

israr
June 30, 2008, 03:44 AM
Imtiaz, you are absolutely dead right!
I had watched a few of his batting clips long time back, i.e n 2002, and the shots that he played with ease mesmerised me. Recently, before the India game, I watched him bat in one of the premier league games, and that further intensified my support for him, but I didn't express it because of his poor international form that seemed to continue till eternity.
But more than that and more than anything else, the pure unselfishness with which he batted against India has probably now converted me into one of his staunchest supporters. I really thought we had none besides Ashraful and Aftab, but now, yes, we've discovered another sublime player , Alok!
Sohel bhaiyya, you were always right about the AAA battery.

Antora
June 30, 2008, 05:27 AM

yes, Kapali has some really nice features. I especially love his dimples. Wasn't he once voted as the 11th best looking cricketer or something? but nowadays ektu beshi mota hoy gesey. according to my dad " beshi porota kay!" lol

BANFAN
June 30, 2008, 08:40 AM
Well reincarnation is an article of faith in Hinduism, is'nt it?

Yes it is, but it's not mainstream I believe. Mainstream Buddism believes it.

Spitfire_x86
June 30, 2008, 09:20 AM
I remember being laughted at when I made the Misbah comparison not too long ago. Who's laughing now ? ... :lol:
To be precise, Misbah doesn't have an ODI century yet :-p

Kabir
June 30, 2008, 12:47 PM

But someone in this forum can kill three Kapalis with one thread. And he's not even a mucho-man. Beat that.

That means Kapali wears his undies on top of his pants? Damnnn. I always thought Ash did!!!

Nafis_BD
June 30, 2008, 03:21 PM

That means Kapali wears his undies on top of his pants? Damnnn. I always thought Ash did!!!

Who do you think gave Ash the idea?

Kabir
June 30, 2008, 03:29 PM
Who do you think gave Ash the idea?

I thought Ash wanted to copy Batman and Superman...now that Superman copies Kapali, I see a trend growing here...

Nafis_BD
June 30, 2008, 03:45 PM
I thought Ash wanted to copy Batman and Superman...now that Superman copies Kapali, I see a trend growing here...

I bet many other people copy Kapali too. It's the new style you know!

Hatebreed
June 30, 2008, 05:44 PM
But someone in this forum can kill three Kapalis with one thread. And he's not even a mucho-man. Beat that.
Well s/he's not doing a good job because Kapali lives on.

It means Superman wears Kapali undies on top. I forgot people in America call trousers pants lol. Ash probably wears a diaper.

Anher
June 30, 2008, 06:11 PM
More Arbitrary Number of Things You Don't Know About Alek Kapali

- Kapali CAN believe it's not butter
- Kapali can sneeze with his eyes open
- Kapali can touch MC Hammer
- Kapali doesn't read books. He stares at them until he gets the information he wants.
- Kapali does not sleep. He waits.
- Kapali is Luke Skywalker's real father.

Source: anonymous, for protection from NTINAKE club members.

More Arbitrary Number of Things You Don't Know About AL Kaponi
[বাংলা]
- কাপালির গ্রামে কোন মেয়ে যদি প্রেম করে, বাবা মায়েরা মেয়েকে চেয়ারে বেধে বন্ধ অন্ধকার ঘরে কাপালিকে দাড় করে রাখে তিন দিনের জন্য।
- পানিশাহ পানির উপর দিয়ে হাটতে পারে, কাপালি মাটি উপর দিয়ে সাতার কাটতে পারে।
- বাচ্চারা হিসু করে বালির উপর নাম লিখতে পারে, কাপালি হিসু করে তোমার মনে নাম লিখতে পারে।
- কাপালি যখন রাস্তা পার হয় রিকসা, ট্রাক, গাড়ির ডানে বামে তাকাতে হয়।
- বাংলাদেশ মেলামাইন একবার "পুন কাপালি" বদনা বের করে কাপালির গু মারকা ব্যাটিং করার জন্য , কিন্তু ওই বদনার পানি গু পরিস্কার করে না।
- কাপালি বাংলাক্রিকেট ওয়েবসাইট চেনে না, জানলে ইন্টারনেট ই ডিলিট করে ফেলত।
- কাপালি কখনও ঘড়ি পরে না, কাপালি টিক করে কয়টা বাজবে।
- মোনালিসার হাসি কাপালির কাছ থেকে ধার করা।
- কাপালির ৬০ মিনিট দেখতে ২০ মিনিট সময় লাগে।
- কাপালি দু খন্ড বরফ ঘষে আগুন ধরাতে পারে।
[/বাংলা]

Rifat
June 30, 2008, 08:36 PM
wow, people started worshipping kapali for a 97 ball 115, imagine if he scores another soon what will people do...

and last year, i had to defend this poor guy for what he had done in 20/20.

Rifat
June 30, 2008, 08:47 PM
i just had another crazy thought... soccer20reverse IS :drumroll: Alok Kapali...

listen to the clues...

1. Soccer20Reverse wanted Shakib to fail, so Kapali would play for national team

2. Alok Kapali is still unmarried (so is "soccermia")

3. Irteza said Alok Kapali "secretly" visits Banglacricket... obviously under the name "Soccer20reverse"

4.in another thread, Soccer20Reverse talked to Javed Omar and he said Javed hates many BC members... it makes sense that a former natonal team player(Kapali) would have a connection with JO

i might sound crazy, but it is still a hypothesis :)

wiseshah
June 30, 2008, 11:02 PM
guys do u know kapali is one of the member of BC forum? and an active member, who post lots of thread too

lamisa
June 30, 2008, 11:16 PM
yes, Kapali has some really nice features. I especially love his dimples. Wasn't he once voted as the 11th best looking cricketer or something? but nowadays ektu beshi mota hoy gesey. according to my dad " beshi porota kay!" lol

lol!yea even i was surprised 2 see him prothome in asia cup,hotath dekhi kapali mota r mushy chikon hoye gese!!:lol:his dimples are really cute!

israr
July 1, 2008, 05:14 AM
guys do u know kapali is one of the member of BC forum? and an active member, who post lots of thread too

Who?

Rizvi
July 1, 2008, 10:02 AM
Is Alok hindu? Just wondering - all my Indian friends were saying we imported one of theirs to perform for us.

Rifat
July 1, 2008, 10:14 AM
Is Alok hindu? Just wondering - all my Indian friends were saying we imported one of theirs to perform for us.

that's just racism at it's best... no matter what article of faith you possess, you are born in Bangladesh, you play for Bangladesh...(if Tendulcar was born in Bangladesh he would have been in the national team). playing for the national team requires no background in faith, it just requires the ability to excel in international cricket.

Rizvi
July 1, 2008, 10:21 AM
Rifat, You're absolutely right.
You may have taken my question the wrong way or my question may have came across the wrong way.

My friends were simply joking about it as they hated to see somebody wallop their bowling attack in such fashion.

Personally, i was just inquiring for my knowledge....so is he or not?

Anher
July 1, 2008, 10:24 AM

in that case why not telling them we exported lots more to perform for them - Mansur Ali Khan(Captain), Salim Durrani, Abbas Ali Baig, Mohammad Azharuddin(Captain), Zaheer Khan, Mohammad Kaif, Irfan Pathan, Wasim Jaffer, Munaf Patel, Yousuf Pathah...wanna hear more.

May be your friends only joking with you.

bdchamp20
July 1, 2008, 10:39 AM
Next time they say that tell them Irfan Pathan, Yusuf Pathan, Zaheer Khan, Wasim Jaffer etc. were imported from Pakistan to play for them.

akabir77
July 1, 2008, 11:48 AM

with which nick? Shohel_NR (lol):D

Shaan
July 1, 2008, 12:43 PM
Rifat, You're absolutely right.
You may have taken my question the wrong way or my question may have came across the wrong way.

My friends were simply joking about it as they hated to see somebody wallop their bowling attack in such fashion.

Personally, i was just inquiring for my knowledge....so is he or not?

May be they are pulling your leg, by the way not only Hindu's do live in India Also Muslims, ask them are they aware of that??

Rubu
July 1, 2008, 07:17 PM

a burning proof how being shy can cause so much trouble to so many people.

so close, yet so far. only if he was not shy :wave:

al Furqaan
July 1, 2008, 07:24 PM

yes we also imported ashraful from murshidabad to score 158* against their (at the time) full strength bowling attack.

and mortaza we we straight lifted from the dum dummy area to kick them out of the world cup.

Sohel
July 1, 2008, 08:27 PM
Here’s a rough transliteration of the PA INTERVIEW WITH ALOK KAPALI (http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTA2MDIw&mid=OA==) originally posted by Eshen HERE. (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showpost.php?p=707964&postcount=74)

Excellent interview by US of PA. It adds to what we DO know about Ollie. If he's Indo-centric for being Sanatan, Munaf Patel must be from a mazar area in Munshiganj. This sectarian sh*** makes me sick to my stomach ... :down:

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/83ecab9e8a.jpg (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/)

“BREAKS MY HEART THAT DAD DID’T HAVE THE CHANCE TO SEE THE CENTURY.”

Utpaul Shubhro talks to the man of the moment. Still as humble, soft spoken, introverted and a little shy as ever.

US: Many people are looking at your century against India as a “re-birth” of sorts. How do YOU see it?

Ollie: I came here with a target: I just HAD to do well this tour. I had to do something extraordinary to stay in the team and knew it. Those not in the team at this moment, were performing well. There’s Shakib, Aftab and quite a few guys in the A Team.

US: “Doing well” means a century? How did you plan it?

Ollie: It was 120 for 4 when I came to bat. So I didn’t want to take any risks until the 40th over. I thought if we still have wickets in hand, we could hit our way to 260-270 in the last 10 overs.

US: The score was more than that. Now WE know you can play the type of shots you played, but a lot of folks were pretty amazed. It was like the Alok of 2002-03. How did you get that confidence back?

Ollie: I’ve been confident from the very beginning. I’ve had some decent knocks in the Premier League under difficult match situations. I’ve had big centuries in the National League also. I believed I would score.

US: We all had to go back to 2002 before this century. You were essential to the National Team even after those knocks against West Indies. How did you lose your way?

Ollie: I blame myself. I wasn’t in the runs for a long time. I’d play well before suddenly getting out.

US: We’ve also heard that too many suggestions from too many sources also created a bit of confusion for you.

Ollie: In retrospect, I realize that I was thinking too much about my batting. Footwork, back lift, … I was thinking too much about those things. Maybe I should’ve just played my natural game.

US: Perhaps Dav Whatmore made things a bit difficult for you also. In the 2004 tour of Zimbabwe, he made you an ODI specialist. Then we saw you open the ODI innings in West Indies only to have yourself dropped from ODIs. He also announced that he doesn’t see much of a future for you at this level.

Ollie: I don’t blame Whatmore at all. Everybody else was doing better then. He had told me many times that I have talent and if I worked hard, I’d do well at this level. I didn’t do well, perhaps that’s how he lost faith in me.

US: You just can’t say anything negative about anyone !

Ollie (chuckles): Not at all.

US: From being one of the top National batsmen to being dropped. Then the revolving door… must have been difficult times.

Ollie: It WAS difficult. I was quite depressed because I always wanted to play for Bangladesh, and for a long time. But many people also encouraged me during those times. My Premier League teammates Alok Da and Shahin Bhai always told me that I’d be able to return once I start to perform consistently. My family encouraged me also. My two elder brothers always picked me up when I though I had lost hope. I also believed that that if I performed consistently, I’d be able to get back to the team. I’ve spent a LOT of extra time in the nets.

US: And what a comeback! Now the challenge must be to sustain it.

Ollie: I know. It breaks my heart to think of my dad. He always dreamed of seeing me play for Bangladesh again, and see me do well. Breaks my heart that dad didn’t have the chance to see the century. He left us just two months ago.

US: After Aftab’s injury got you into the side, you said that you didn’t want to take anyone’s place. What did you mean by that?

Ollie: Injury cost me my place in the team once. So, I know exactly what it feels like to be out of the team because of an injury or illness. Aftab must have felt awful about it. That’s why I said what I said.

US: Putting you in the A Team instead of the national Team was bizarre. Given your experience, why would it be difficult for you to adjust to International cricket?

Ollie: Although I felt a bit bad myself at first, I came to see that as an opportunity. I wasn’t ANYWHERE for a while there. No A Team or Academy cricket at all. I was just waiting for a chance. I believed that once I do, I’d be able to make use of it. That was my goal as I kept on playing. For example, I set a personal target to score 1000 runs in the NCL’s 4-day matches last season. I ended up scoring 1100 in 4-dayers and List A combined. I scored 695 in 4-dayers. I set specific NCL targets ever since being dropped from the national Team.

US: We always remember those two innings against the West Indies. But the cricket world knows you because of the hat trick. That was In Pakistan. Now your maiden century took place here also. One would assume you must like Pakistan quite a bit.

Ollie: I told a friend that Pakistan could be a beginning for me, before we got here. I did well here before, there’s the test hat trick, and a couple of ODI 50s as well. Maybe Pakistan is the lucky place for me.

I loved the way he handled Utpaul Shubhro’s lust for potential controversy: with simple honesty and class.

Class is permanent, no matter where you find some.

wiseshah
July 1, 2008, 11:26 PM
in that case why not telling them we exported lots more to perform for them - Mansur Ali Khan(Captain), Salim Durrani, Abbas Ali Baig, Mohammad Azharuddin(Captain), Zaheer Khan, Mohammad Kaif, Irfan Pathan, Wasim Jaffer, Munaf Patel, Yousuf Pathah...wanna hear more.

May be your friends only joking with you.

how Munaf patel fits in this group?

wiseshah
July 1, 2008, 11:27 PM
Who?

hmmm. alok doesnt want to reveal his nick, so cant say his name

Spitfire_x86
July 1, 2008, 11:46 PM
how Munaf patel fits in this group?
By being Muslim?

Sohel
July 2, 2008, 12:54 AM
There are many Bangladeshi Muslims with surnames such as Choudhury, Maundol and Mridha. So it shouldn't be THAT shocking to realize that there may be Gujratis and Marat'has with the surname Patel.

Kabir
July 2, 2008, 08:49 AM
One of the most well known imams of North America is Imaam Patel.

Nice guy...kinda short tempered. Eid er jamat e shobaire shashon korse stage e daray.

Tigers_eye
July 2, 2008, 08:57 AM
His full name is Munaf Musa Patel. There are lot of patels who are muslims.

crikfreak
July 2, 2008, 09:38 AM
I edit out one fact but i cant change the Thread Title:-|

Dont agree. Doctor Ashik ios teaching in a University in Japan. what's wrong with him?

dear irteja.. i just realised something.. no 5 is repeated twice.. so tht means.. there are 14 facts.. sorry.. my bad..

and about doctor Ashik.. there's nothing wrong with him.. he's an educated man.. i just don't like the way he looks.. but looks don't always matter.. and in his case.. it DEFINITELY doesn't matter..

akabir77
July 2, 2008, 09:42 AM

I hate when people reveals half the truth and then says so and so told me not to say it... WTHOE did you then revealed the first part then? NOW 24/7 This is going to run in my mind...

AsifTheManRahman
July 2, 2008, 09:45 AM
It's that easy to mess with your mind? He's obviously lying.

akabir77
July 2, 2008, 09:49 AM
It's that easy to mess with your mind? He's obviously lying.

R U KAPALI?

crikfreak
July 2, 2008, 09:51 AM
is alok really a member here??!

crikfreak
July 2, 2008, 09:53 AM

maybe you cant say his name coz you ARE alok.. are you Alok????

prantika
July 2, 2008, 06:13 PM
hehe!!!....
man...we must becareful....any one can turn out to b Alex!!!
akabir bhai...i dun think asiftheman is kapali!!...lol....
hey...watt if alok visitz this thread....
how iz he gonna react after reading abt him n opi......???.....

Banglatiger84
July 3, 2008, 02:07 AM

Many Bangladeshis who lie about their birth date give it as January 1st, in worst cases, someone born on May 1974 will give his birth date as January 1st, 1980 :lol:

Rifat
July 3, 2008, 04:22 AM
i am 80% confident that "soccer20reverse"is either Alok or Related to Shakib-al-Hasan(His Brother)or he has BCB connections, or he has any close friendship connections with Current/Rejected National Squad, who knows this guy has probably played for the National Team.

why am i not 100% confident? Allah knows best! this is just my conjecture.

lamisa
July 3, 2008, 04:44 AM
God people here are hillarious!!:lol::lol:

abu2abu
July 4, 2008, 09:51 AM
His full name is Munaf Musa Patel. There are lot of patels who are muslims.

that's right munaf is a muslim.

Some of my schoolfriends are from Gujerat. they're all muslims and some are even called patel. My friend is called Anwat Patel, his father works at the local mosque and has a beard the size of gandalf's. He could be an american spy of course...

Sohel
July 4, 2008, 10:35 AM
18.1 Iftikhar Anjum to Alok Kapali, OUT, Pitches outside the offstump at a good pace and the extra bounce claims Kapali, he tries to defend but opens the face of the bat and Younis takes it at first slip falling backwards

Alok Kapali c Younis Khan b Iftikhar Anjum 17 (36m 27b 4x4 0x6) SR: 62.96

Two streaky, one good and a great 4 ... that's all she wrote.

Ollie never looked comfortable today, especially against Ajmal and his excellent doosras.

Ebar amra Ajmal-er shathe Abdur Rouf-keu ut'hiye dilam.

crikfreak
July 4, 2008, 11:02 AM
i am 80% confident that "soccer20reverse"is either Alok or Related to Shakib-al-Hasan(His Brother)or he has BCB connections, or he has any close friendship connections with Current/Rejected National Squad, who knows this guy has probably played for the National Team.

why am i not 100% confident? Allah knows best! this is just my conjecture.

well.. i dont think soccer20reverse is alok.. coz during game time today.. soccer20reverse was here in bc.. now i dont think its possible for alok to come online when BD is playing and when he's part of the squad.. rite??

crikfreak
July 4, 2008, 11:03 AM
btw when is alok's real b'day??

akabir77
July 4, 2008, 11:41 AM
Alok is back to his form... Which is making 20...

BD-BLAST
July 4, 2008, 11:56 AM
One thing we do know about Kapali is he is a taleneted player who is great playing for Club teams but is a LOST CAUSE when he is playing for his country.

He has scored a 100 recently, but is it too little too late for him?

Rubu
July 4, 2008, 01:07 PM
Alok is back to his form... Which is making 20...Oh come on! give him another six years and he will score another century.

alzu1
July 4, 2008, 02:19 PM
that's right munaf is a muslim.

Some of my schoolfriends are from Gujerat. they're all muslims and some are even called patel. My friend is called Anwat Patel, his father works at the local mosque and has a beard the size of gandalf's. He could be an american spy of course...

lol patels r all gujarati muslims......

Umar
July 4, 2008, 06:52 PM
Another thing u dont knw about ALOK is that...he also Follows the other BD players. which is after playing one big match he also sleeps for next few years!