PDA

View Full Version : Shoaib Ban lifted

Surfer
July 4, 2008, 04:50 AM
A Pakistan court has ruled in favor of Shoaib there by lifting the ban....He will now play for Pakistan.

I know, what a joke!!

Murad
July 4, 2008, 04:51 AM
:floor: :floor:

What a joke the Pak cricket and their courts are...

Baundule
July 4, 2008, 04:53 AM
This is sensible. Shoaib did not do anything to get banned for five years.

Surfer
July 4, 2008, 04:56 AM
This is sensible. Shoaib did not do anything to get banned for five years.

The ban was already reduced to 18 months.

Besides, I think he has done enough to earn a life ban.

bdchamp20
July 4, 2008, 05:23 AM
PCB is run by a bunch of jokers.

Surfer
July 4, 2008, 05:30 AM
BTW....the news was a little flawed. Its an interim decision. The final decision will be taken on 7th Sept. The pakistan judiciary will be on vacation till then. In the mean time Shoaib can play.

The decision was taken on basis of the fact that there is no law that authorized PCB to enforce the ban.

Baundule
July 4, 2008, 05:37 AM
The ban was already reduced to 18 months.

Besides, I think he has done enough to earn a life ban.
On the other hand, I think, he is victimized by the PCB, which often take one-sided decisions. At times, they favor some players and get hard on some others. Later, they change their stance and this musical chair continues.

thebest
July 4, 2008, 06:00 AM
I heard/read that PCB is almost bankrupt. Why don't they sell their deeds to Star Plus/ Zee/ Sony. It would make one hell of day time soap. BTW, when he would be banned again? My bet within six monthes if Nasim Ashraf is still there or two years if NA is not.

Rabz
July 4, 2008, 07:14 AM
ah...
who cares....

Sohel
July 4, 2008, 08:29 AM
Typical.

Sovik
July 4, 2008, 08:30 AM
i am not surprised. but how long will he be able to stay out of trouble

Ajfar
July 4, 2008, 09:04 AM
LOL...abar shuru hoilo..age attack korchilo asif re...ekhon ke next??

tonoy
July 4, 2008, 09:10 AM
Well its about time. I was starting to think that this would have never happened. Phew, that was a relief. I wish Shoaib all the luck until the next ban.

ialbd
July 4, 2008, 09:28 AM
no worries... the next ban is closer than we think....

bdchamp20
July 4, 2008, 10:18 AM
His next ban will be for hitting Nasim Ashraf with a bat.

akabir77
July 4, 2008, 11:38 AM
good for cricket i get board without him. he either makes the opposition batsmen dance or he does the dance in the locker or in the night club... lol

lamisa
July 4, 2008, 12:18 PM
oh yea!!!!i m so happy!

BANFAN
July 12, 2008, 02:11 PM
Always knew it from day one. :)

JonBain
July 12, 2008, 02:18 PM
let them play cricket
the courts are only interested in screwing people for $.

they always discriminate against guys with long hair. like with jesus.

Eshen
July 19, 2008, 12:24 PM
How do you know Jesus had long hair? Is it because some Italian painters made him appear so?

Kabir
July 19, 2008, 12:43 PM
Lol...I remeber watching BD vs Nepal football match in Dhaka stadium. All the Nepali players had long hair...and we were making fun of them by saying "Nepal e ki napit nai?". Well...didn't go so well...coz we got our behinds kicked pretty bad that match!

auntu
July 19, 2008, 02:11 PM
let them play cricket
the courts are only interested in screwing people for $.

so new info. who knows might be!

JonBain
July 24, 2008, 08:37 PM
How do you know Jesus had long hair? Is it because some Italian painters made him appear so?

Jesus of Nazareth was a Nazarite who took the vow of the Nazarite to NOT EVER cut the hair or the beard. As with John the Baptist, Elija, and Samson and ALL the true prophets of GOD.

The conditions of the vow of the nazarite are in Numbers chapter 6.
Also in Leviticus and in Amos too.

In fact if you cut your hair and beard you are not a true Christian at all. If one does these barbaric acts of self-defiling paganism then one has not even read the bible.

;-j

BANFAN
July 26, 2008, 09:06 AM
Are all the long haired people, followers of 'jesus'? or the 'Rolling Stones'?

BD-Shardul
August 13, 2008, 03:35 AM
Shoaib Akhter finally included in the PAK Champions Trophy Squad :-D (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/iccct2008/content/current/story/364761.html)

Rabz
August 13, 2008, 12:51 PM
The Return of the Drug Cheat.

What part of the saga is it?
i lost count.

ahaque
August 13, 2008, 05:20 PM
good for him..he still has the heart and the skill...he can groom guys like sohail khan and abdur rauf

Sovik
August 16, 2008, 06:45 AM
Shoaib's Champions Trophy participation in doubt

Just three days after completing a remarkable comeback into the Pakistan squad for the Champions Trophy, Shoaib Akhtar's participation in the tournament was again in doubt after the Pakistan board served him an ultimatum saying he could play only if he paid the fine of Rs 7 million (approx US$105,000). The latest statement appears to be another u-turn by the Pakistan board, which had apparently softened its stance over the fine and cleared his selection.

Full Story>> (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/iccct2008/content/current/story/365175.html)

cricman
August 16, 2008, 08:02 AM
i thought it is suhnnut for males to have long hair?

Rifat
August 16, 2008, 10:56 AM
:sigh: he is a player of tremendous skill... i guess the selectors felt pity fo him and probably saw him praying at Jum'aa or something...thought he has changed became a "good kid" and thus...return to squad?

with this much controversary in cricketing career, i personally wouldn't want to see him at all, but i would change my mind if he could stay out of it, from now on till like forever...good thing his $ 7 million fine should be enough to change him, right?

besides, Pakistan fast bowling department is currently on a great rhythm...you have

1.Sohail Tanvir(great bowler)

2. Umar Gul(love that kid :D)

3. Rao Ifthikar Anjum

who needs shoaib when you have three excellent pacers in your backyard?

BANFAN
August 18, 2008, 04:18 AM
But none of these paki bowlers are yet compareable to Shoaib's class.