PDA

View Full Version : Stuart Board - The Batsman

Tigers_eye
July 11, 2008, 10:26 AM
This 22 year old has impressed me alot with the willow. Poorman's Flintoff. In test, 64 against NZ, now 72* and counting against SA. Almost 35 average. wow!! Not to mention 16 wickets in 8 innings. Had any of our batsmen started like him we would have said the Real McCoy is here. For his alrounder capability, knowing subcontinent fans he would have been compared with Imran, Kapil.
6'5" he would stand head and shoulder above our alrounders, Farhad, $$$, Mushfiq Babu, Sujon.
Wish him all the best.

MohammedC
July 11, 2008, 10:28 AM
Why not his dad Chris Broad was a opening batsmen for England

MohammedC
July 11, 2008, 10:30 AM
Only scar in his life is Yuvraj when he hit 6 sixes against his bowling

Tigers_eye
July 11, 2008, 10:31 AM
Why not his dad Chris Broad was a opening batsmen for England
I know, and his dad was dead against him getting in to the test squad so early.

Sovik
July 11, 2008, 10:36 AM
he has a long way to go. he's got (5 first class and 2 test )7 fifties so far. hope he scores a century today.

but i think tim southee would be great cricketer. what a innings he played against england. hope that wasn't a fluke.

MohammedC
July 11, 2008, 10:36 AM
I know, and his dad was dead against him getting in to the test squad so early.

Now that England have selected him early, they must stick with him but his dad is propbaly right he has still lot to learn in his bowling. He is probably better then lots of other bowlers but is he ready for the OZ attack which thrashed sorry England 5-0 last time

One World
July 11, 2008, 08:26 PM
Broad please.

The less the team members concentrate on big money T20 leagues the better they will perform in Test matches. India and Aussies both will low down as New Zealand and England starts to dominate in test cricket. Same goes for Saffers.

Ishtylish cricketer
July 11, 2008, 10:59 PM
Broad is a great young prospect for England. He should have had his maiden hundred today. Unfortunately, he got out just he when he was looking good. I think he will be left out in the next match to make room for Andrew Flintoff. One of the very few regrettable moments in his cricketing career has been conceeding the maximum possible to Yuvraj Singh in one over. He will never forget that for as long as he lives.

Tigers_eye
July 21, 2008, 12:21 PM
Another 67. This time he ran out of partners.

His average is 44 now. What a shame for England top order.

Sadz
July 21, 2008, 12:24 PM
He is a great athlete. He even came to a school in Tower Hamlets to teach dis-abled kids play cricket.

bujhee kom
July 24, 2008, 05:54 PM
a superstar in the making! awesome! he bats really strong, i think a good all-rounder in the process! yeah, i remember yuvraj hitting 6 6's of him!

Dhruvo
July 24, 2008, 09:07 PM
Yeah stuart broad is a really good player, he is one of the most favorite players i have on my list and probably one of the reasons why i keep track of englands cricket.

BANFAN
July 26, 2008, 03:21 AM
Only scar in his life is Yuvraj when he hit 6 sixes against his bowling

That was an early lesson for him, to get better only with time.