PDA

View Full Version : SL vs India - 2008

Pages : [1] 2

Tigers_eye
July 16, 2008, 01:05 PM
Well I can't forget the last series beat down of 2-0 (test) and 6-1 (ODIs). 2005-06 series at India.

SL's pace attack recuping from injury, I hope they introduce Mendis to greet Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman in Lanka land.

I can imagine the headline, "India could not handle the M & Ms. Even when the color changed." The original colors are Murali, Malinga, Mahela. The new colors are Maharoof, Mendis.

Have a question for Indian fans (This include BD people who kinda support India).

IPL or away test series? Had you been a player, whos inclusion is more than certain in the test team which one would you have prefered? You can only choose one. Not both.

Rabz
July 16, 2008, 01:48 PM
I hope the Lankans gives indians a clean sweep this time.
All this ever changing M&M's could be too good to handle by the indians.

With the indian batting line, test matches would be a contested one.

But one-dayers? i would not put my money on them, ie, the indians.

auntu
July 16, 2008, 02:30 PM
It will be a good test serious. Battle of Titans..

bharat
July 16, 2008, 04:54 PM
Well I can't forget the last series beat down of 2-0 (test) and 6-1 (ODIs). 2005-06 series at India.

SL's pace attack recuping from injury, I hope they introduce Mendis to greet Sachin, Dravid, Ganguly, Laxman in Lanka land.

I can imagine the headline, "India could not handle the M & Ms. Even when the color changed." The original colors are Murali, Malinga, Mahela. The new colors are Maharoof, Mendis.

Have a question for Indian fans (This include BD people who kinda support India).

IPL or away test series? Had you been a player, whos inclusion is more than certain in the test team which one would you have prefered? You can only choose one. Not both.

Tiger_eye , Maharoof is mediocre at best.If I am not wrong he avg's around 60 in Test cricket.Not sure if he will even be in the palying 11.

Now coming to the real threats, I rather face Mendis than Murali.India had no clue in the last ODI but I feel once Indians read this guy (fingers and action) he might not be a threat as Murali.If you watched the last match the top order failed against Mendis as they tried to play across the line .I'd say play Mendis as a Medium pacer or a spinner who rarely turns the ball ( a la Kumble, but as an offspinner)

Murali on the other hand can spin the ball a mile ..India till date has been quite succesful against Murali due Top 4 oldies and I hope they can keep him at bay.

As I write this, I've changed my option, I rather face Murali ..we know what he has got ...Mendis might spring a surpirse.

SL has always been tough at home.Though we always beat them dry at home, India's fortunes in SL have always been mixed (with a slight advange to India).One thing that SL lacks is in their pace bowling.I cant see Vaas troubling the Indian batsmen with his military mediums nor Maharoof.Fernando might have a good burst hear and there but he is too erratic to trouble the Indian batsmen.

I'd say (out of 10)

Batting
India : 8
Srilanka : 5

Bowling Spin :
India : 6
SriLanka : 8.5

Pace Bowling :
Srilanka : 4

Fielding :
India : 4
Srilanka : 7

All in all I would say a Drawn series.if history is any indication SL would produce the flattest possible tracks to result in a drawn series and a dead spectator.Might see a Shewag 400 if that is the case.:-p

Tigers_eye
July 17, 2008, 03:49 PM
Thank you bharat for your version of the series. I worry on the flat track also.

For Maharoof he is been in and out in SL lineup with injury. I think once he settles in to the team he can be every bit of Malinga has shown. With his batting ability the team becomes more sound. Vass, the lefty, is still irreplacable.

For some reason I think the oldies will flop tremendously. Dravid, Laxman, Ganguly and Tendulkar for not having enough match practice. Let us see what happens.

Much depends on how SL prepare the pitch. Win the toss, bat first. :)

Rifat
July 18, 2008, 12:26 PM
Sri Lanka has one of the most intelligent cricket management i have ever seen!

has anyone noticed that is Asia cup Sri Lanka rested prime time players like Vaas and Mendis in the super four match against India? but they were used in the final :D

now in the preparation match they are using the same trick! no wonder Sri Lanka always come on top...

Tintin
July 18, 2008, 01:00 PM

Depends on what I get in IPL. A million dollar a season in IPL over a Test series anytime.

IMNSHO, calling what you do in a ball and stick game - representing a gang of bullies who call themselves a cricket board - patriotism or love of one's country is either hypocrisy or stupidity.

auntu
July 18, 2008, 02:11 PM

has anyone noticed that is Asia cup Sri Lanka rested prime time players like Vaas and Mendis in the super four match against India? but they were used in the final :D

now in the preparation match they are using the same trick! no wonder Sri Lanka always come on top...

well observed. That's true.

Surfer
July 19, 2008, 11:39 PM

Yes and a majority of Pakistanis accused them of match fixing and Indian won that match and hence Pakistan's last chances of making it to the final evaporated.

Nocturnal
July 20, 2008, 12:29 AM
wishing for a very competitive series......will support india :)

BANFAN
July 20, 2008, 10:31 AM
SL has a better chance against this Indian team,IMO
SL is going to win the series (Both).

Buddhika_s
July 20, 2008, 07:36 PM
Mystery man keeps things simple

Colombo, July 17: : Ask the Sri Lankan manager, former Test player Hashan Tillakaratne, for permission to speak to Ajantha Mendis and he makes a face that gives the impression that the words spoken in English have turned Latin by the time they reached his ears. Standing at the Sinhalese Sports Club — the nerve centre of Lankan cricket — the middle-order batsman, now an official of similar status, is stumped by this query on his first day in office.

“He has a chamber upstairs. Go and meet him, if he is free he will speak to you,” he says pointing to the ceiling. Overnight fame isn’t new to sub-continent cricketers, but a cabin in the board office isn’t something even Sachin Tendulkar can boast of. But fears about the Asia Cup hero being placed on this impossibly high pedestal are rested soon as a smile flashes across Tillakaratne’s face. “Oh, now I get it. You want to speak to Ajantha, I thought you were asking for our CEO Duleep Mendis. Ajantha is in the pool, you can speak to him,” he says.

Mendis has been a household cricketing name in Lanka all through the ‘80s and the same is true at the present, though a few minor confusions about the old batting stalwart and new spin phenomenon are bound to occur.

Fresh from the pool, Ajantha walks out with a few friends and several hangers-on as stern security guards suddenly go weak in their knees after spotting the man who they call ‘acharu’ — loosely translated as the all-knowing. The nickname is certainly to do with his all-round cricketing skills as Ajantha’s first statement is about a handicap. “Don’t know English, can’t give interview,” is a contradictory statement, but the broken words convey his linguistic limitations.

Ajantha is almost apologetic as he shows his helplessness by throwing up his hands. That’s when Sri Lanka A skipper Jehan Mubarak walks past and, after getting a whiff of the confusion, sportingly chips in to be the translator.

Though not the ‘cabin at the board office’ kind, overnight fame is certainly what Ajantha experienced after returning home. “I got a huge welcome. I now get recognised on the streets. I am quite happy that things have turned out this way,” he says.

He joined Army to play cricket and his 60-plus wickets had a big role to play in the men in uniform getting promoted to the top division. “I have never been part of any military action, but after the Asia Cup, I have been promoted as second lieutenant,” he says.

Despite the hype and the endless analysis about his bowling, Ajantha wants to keep things simple. “In my initial days, I used to just grip and ball and try different things. Normal was boring for me. I tried different variations every time I got a ball in hand. No coach helped me develop these balls. But later they did help me perfect them,” he says.

First-hand experience

That is the cue for the man who spotted him first to walk into the story. Anusha Samaranayake, the pace-bowling coach at the Sri Lanka Cricket Academy, along with former international Ruwan Kalpage, made an unconventional decision last year — they drafted a 22-year-old B division player into the fold.

“From the day we spotted him, he had all the variations. Not only was he gifted, he was also very calm and always ready to listen,” he says. Samaranayake catches one by surprise as he says that Ajantha toured India with the Academy side last year and played against the Maharashtra Ranji team in a tournament. “He didn’t do much as he was bowling too slow,” says the coach.

Things turned as he returned to the domestic circuit. He impressed everybody who saw him and flummoxed anybody who played him. Samaranayake has an interesting story to tell. “Kumar Sanagakkara came to the academy one day and Ajantha bowled to him. First ball forward defence, second ball same, third ball same and fourth ball he lost his stump. After three off-spinners, this one was a leggie,” he says. Sangakkara made inquires, acknowledging that there was more to him than freakishness.

After the Asia Cup, Samaranayake met his ward and spoke about his recent high. “I asked him to behave like a star now. Buy a car, wear flashy clothes. Actually, I was pulling his leg since I knew he wouldn’t do all those things. He said that he would buy a car later this year, but clothes I don’t think so,” says the coach as he speaks about Ajantha’s modest family background and his tough early days at the fishing and trading town of Moratuwa on the outskirts of Colombo.

Though there is talk that Ajantha might not be in the playing XI at SSC — he is expected to be unleashed at the spin-friendly track at Galle — Samaranayake says that confidence in his ability will see the mystery bowler shine in the longer version too. “One day at the academy, I asked him to master maybe four of his six to seven different variations he has, as it would help at the top level. He asked me a counter-question ‘I have mastered all of them, now you tell me which four should I concentrate on’,” says the coach with a smile.

There might be confusion over his second name, his translated answers and, most importantly, in the minds of batsmen that face him but for Lanka’s mystery man, life, or the game he plays, is quite simple.

Nocturnal
July 21, 2008, 10:02 AM
Sri Lanka v India, 1st Test, SSC, Colombo
Mendis named in first Test squad

Sri Lanka squad for 1st Test:
Michael Vandort, Malinda Warnapura, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene (capt), Thilan Samaraweera, Chamara Silva, Tillakaratne Dilshan, Prasanna Jayawardene (wk), Chaminda Vaas, Muttiah Muralitharan, Ajantha Mendis, Thilan Thushara, Nuwan Kulasekara, Chamara Kapugedera.

Tigers_eye
July 21, 2008, 10:16 AM
Depends on what I get in IPL. A million dollar a season in IPL over a Test series anytime.

IMNSHO, calling what you do in a ball and stick game - representing a gang of bullies who call themselves a cricket board - patriotism or love of one's country is either hypocrisy or stupidity.
Honesty at its best.

nasimul
July 22, 2008, 03:48 PM
Three test & five ODIs between Sri Lanka and India begin tomorrow in Colombo. Some stats:

In the last 13 Tests at the SSC, Sri Lanka have won ten times and lost just once, to Australia in 2004.

Sachin Tendulkar needs 172 runs to become Test cricket's highest run-getter.

and what is about Mr Rain??

Tigers_eye
July 22, 2008, 04:03 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=27306

It is the same as "SL vs India 2008"

Mods: Please ....

Rifat
July 22, 2008, 04:10 PM

in that case, IPL is a blessing in disguise for Bangladesh why? think... none of our players will qualify for it(except maybe Abdur Razzak) and then we will have a better probablility of winning more matches against Big Guns!

al Furqaan
July 22, 2008, 07:32 PM
Tiger_eye , Maharoof is mediocre at best.If I am not wrong he avg's around 60 in Test cricket.Not sure if he will even be in the palying 11.

Now coming to the real threats, I rather face Mendis than Murali.India had no clue in the last ODI but I feel once Indians read this guy (fingers and action) he might not be a threat as Murali.If you watched the last match the top order failed against Mendis as they tried to play across the line .I'd say play Mendis as a Medium pacer or a spinner who rarely turns the ball ( a la Kumble, but as an offspinner)

Murali on the other hand can spin the ball a mile ..India till date has been quite succesful against Murali due Top 4 oldies and I hope they can keep him at bay.

As I write this, I've changed my option, I rather face Murali ..we know what he has got ...Mendis might spring a surpirse.

SL has always been tough at home.Though we always beat them dry at home, India's fortunes in SL have always been mixed (with a slight advange to India).One thing that SL lacks is in their pace bowling.I cant see Vaas troubling the Indian batsmen with his military mediums nor Maharoof.Fernando might have a good burst hear and there but he is too erratic to trouble the Indian batsmen.

I'd say (out of 10)

Batting
India : 8
Srilanka : 5

Bowling Spin :
SriLanka : 8.5

Pace Bowling :
Srilanka : 4

Fielding :
India : 4
Srilanka : 7

All in all I would say a Drawn series.if history is any indication SL would produce the flattest possible tracks to result in a drawn series and a dead spectator.Might see a Shewag 400 if that is the case.:-p

you'd only give indian pace bowling a 6? come on...even BD pacers are 6 or 6.5.

no doubt, ishant is overhyped in my opinion, but a full strenght indian pace attack is quite exciting to watch. i'd give this attack 7 or so.

al Furqaan
July 22, 2008, 07:33 PM
for the first time, i am rooting for SL. go lions!

AsifTheManRahman
July 22, 2008, 07:48 PM
Look at M&M make D&D dance.

bujhee kom
July 22, 2008, 10:43 PM
it will be a head on collision! both are very good teams! equal in my eyes! hope to see some great cricket nevertheless!

Murad
July 22, 2008, 11:39 PM
Mr. Rain has won the first session of the first match.

Its the MONSOON season in Srilanka. So most likely the whole tour will be won by one and only Mr. Rain. :)

Nocturnal
July 23, 2008, 12:28 AM
Mr. Rain has won the first session of the first match.

Its the MONSOON season in Srilanka. So most likely the whole tour will be won by one and only Mr. Rain. :)

"The covers are still on," says Jamie Alter, our man at the ground. "The outfield is very, very slushy and dirty. air is still and very grey, which means rain could be around again. Play unlikely before tea. There are dozens of ground staff trying their best to dry up."

:head:

Surfer
July 23, 2008, 03:39 AM
Srilanka should make it a point hot host matches during monsoon. There is a good chance of the entire series getting washed out.

BD-Shardul
July 23, 2008, 05:44 AM
It's gonna be an interesting series. SL btw has already lost Vandort. SL 34/1 after 8.3 overs.

BD-Shardul
July 23, 2008, 05:46 AM
23 runs came off the last two overs.

Surfer
July 23, 2008, 06:56 AM
85/2 in 22 overs. India's opening bowlers have bowled with great discipline.

BD-Shardul
July 23, 2008, 06:56 AM
Bad light stops play. SL 85/2 of 22.0 overs.

al Furqaan
July 23, 2008, 11:41 PM
sharma getting carved up early in day 2

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2008, 01:12 AM
India used one of their reviews and that was unsuccessful :lol:

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2008, 01:13 AM
Anyone wanna watch: visit

http://india-srilanka-tvants.blogspot.com/

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2008, 01:13 AM
Warnapura on 99.

Nocturnal
July 24, 2008, 02:10 AM
Sri Lanka won the toss and elected to bat first
Lunch - Day 2
Sri Lanka 205/2 (59.0 ov)
Very good start by Lankans.
Malinda Warnapura got his second test hundred- so far- 110*, Mahela- 66*

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2008, 06:22 AM
105.3 Khan to Dilshan, no run, another review given out caught behind and Dilshan wants a review. It was full and well outside off stump, Dilshan went for the drive, the bat hit the ground and did the ball hit the bat at the same time? And it has been given NOT OUT History made here. Dilshan becomes the first man to have a decision over turned.

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2008, 06:27 AM
Kothin pitapiti kortese SL. Samaraweera hit three consecutive fours of I Sharma.

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2008, 06:48 AM
Cricinfo Posted feedback send by our israr bhai

Israr: "A thought about the review system: I have been watching the play today and, IMO, the most remarkable change the new idea has brought about is the end to furious appealling. The keeper and fielders have been so so quiet. Thats because they know the pressure is off the umpires now. The fielders cannot hope to have the decisions turned in their favour by pressurizing the umpires."

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2008, 06:48 AM
Congrats Samarabeera, he reached his ton with a four.

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2008, 06:52 AM
Ah finally Dillu came out of that 5.

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2008, 07:06 AM
Another referrel from Indian Captain and it is NOT OUT :-D

119.1 Harbhajan Singh to Dilshan, no run, Second referal wasted. from round the stumps and Dilshan misses the sweep - rather ambitious considering it's the last over of the day but that's how it plays- and is hit on the pad. Kumble chooses to refer it. It landed outside the leg stump. NOT OUT

BD-Shardul
July 24, 2008, 07:09 AM
Stumps Day 2
Sri Lanka 422/4 (120.0 ov)

Ishtylish cricketer
July 24, 2008, 08:38 AM
The pitch looked good. SL will declare when they reach close to 550. I anticipate more centuries. I expect a century from Gauty since he's bidding for a permanent spot.

Tigers_eye
July 24, 2008, 09:56 AM
Mendis Murali magic must magnificantly muster min(win).

Rifat
July 24, 2008, 11:38 AM
this is why... this is why... this is why... SRI LANKA IS HOT

he is hot cause he is fly... you ain't cause you not....

I LOVE THE LANKANS...true champions of world cricket! :big_hug:

Rifat
July 24, 2008, 11:48 AM
well, Bangladeshi fans should learn from the Lankans...

it took them more than ten years to get "prime time" once their time came They never looked back..

so think twice before you burn efigies of Bashar, Ashraful or who knows Sakib(hint hint: he will probably take over capaincy in 2010)

auntu
July 24, 2008, 03:25 PM
Mendis Murali magic must magnificantly muster min(win).

lol.

min min min mor mrilanka..

bujhee kom
July 24, 2008, 05:57 PM
khabar ase bhai, khabar ase!:D

Murad
July 24, 2008, 11:48 PM
good positive batting from srilanka

i think they are looking for a 600+ total here. If they can make around 600 before lunch then i think they have a good chance to win the match. india might have a big target to avoid the follow on.

Murad
July 24, 2008, 11:51 PM
seems like the young ishant has hurt his ankle and out of the field now

he shouldn't have done this to hurt himself.

Anher
July 25, 2008, 12:31 AM
if anyone got live link to watch please pm me.

Murad
July 25, 2008, 12:34 AM
if anyone got live link to watch please pm me.

sopcast open koren then live channels e niche dekhen onek gulo ache.

Anher
July 25, 2008, 12:46 AM
Thx murad brother but i didnt find any channel to watch. i am watching justin tv..very very bad quality and buffering alwasy

Murad
July 25, 2008, 12:53 AM
Ki bolen. ami to dekhtesi

niche dekhben.. je "cricket channels" or just "cricket" .. onek gula ache erokom.. ar na dekhle refresh korben..

Sopcast>>Live Channels>>scrol down to the bottom and check for the cricket channels

Rifat
July 25, 2008, 01:18 AM
http://bhejafry.tv/ch/ch22.html

Nocturnal
July 25, 2008, 01:43 AM
Sri Lanka 546/6 (152 ov)

Rifat
July 25, 2008, 01:50 AM
নকটারনাল ভাই, বাংলা লিখতে খুব ভাল লাগে আমার :-p

Nocturnal
July 25, 2008, 03:12 AM
that's it- torture ends. SL declare :)
Sri Lanka 600/6d (162.0 ov)
Innings break - Day 3
Min overs remaining 54.0

Nocturnal
July 25, 2008, 03:18 AM
নকটারনাল ভাই, বাংলা লিখতে খুব ভাল লাগে আমার :-p

[বাংলা]গুড ভেরি গুড। বেশি করে বাংলা লেখো ভাই। :big_hug:
গত বছর স্পিটীর ঝাড়ি খেয়ে বাংলিশ বাদ দিয়ে বাংলা লেখা শুরু করেছি।তবে আমার দৌড় ফোনেটিক বাংলা পর্যন্তই!! :saint:[/বাংলা]

patriot
July 25, 2008, 05:13 AM
India 92/3 :

Mendis gives India His magical MIDDLE finger .

Spitfire_x86
July 25, 2008, 05:48 AM
[বাংলা]গুড ভেরি গুড। বেশি করে বাংলা লেখো ভাই। :big_hug:
গত বছর স্পিটীর ঝাড়ি খেয়ে বাংলিশ বাদ দিয়ে বাংলা লেখা শুরু করেছি।তবে আমার দৌড় ফোনেটিক বাংলা পর্যন্তই!! :saint:[/বাংলা]
[বাংলা]তাও ভালো, আমার তো আলসেমি করে[/বাংলা] Avro Keyboard open[বাংলা]-ই ওপেন করা হয় না।[/বাংলা] :)

[বাংলা]বাংলাক্রিকেটে মাঝে মাঝে বাংলা লিখে লিখে এখন আমি বিজয় লে-আউট দিয়ে মোটামুটি বাংলা টাইপ করতে পারি। এখন আগের মতো সবসময় কী-বোর্ড এর দিকে তাকিয়ে বাংলা লিখতে হয় না।[/বাংলা]

nasimul
July 25, 2008, 07:12 AM
Lions are treating Indians like Tigers

AsifTheManRahman
July 25, 2008, 09:09 AM
This is turning out to be more and more entertaining.

Murad
July 25, 2008, 09:19 AM
Innings defeat is waiting for the Indians.

Murali shala manush hoibona..... eto wicket khaowar pore o ekhono shei eto hungry :mad:

Tigers_eye
July 25, 2008, 09:37 AM
Any more challenges made to the 3rd umpire in day three?

Murali is getting cheap wickets - Warne cries. After this series, the Indians would not be able to say "Murali is not successful against us." 1000 wickets!! Unbelievable achievement. I have seen the era where 200 test wickets would make you world class, 300 test wickets would make you among the greats. 1000 wickets?? simply wow!!

Tigers_eye
July 25, 2008, 09:56 AM
Kirsten disappointed with poor shot-making
At the end of a disappointing day's cricket for India, during which they watched on as Sri Lanka posted 600 and then slumped to 159 for 6, their coach Gary Kirsten hit the nail on the head. "If you look at the six wickets to fall, certainly four of them were not the greatest of shots," he said. "In hindsight, which is the perfect science, the guys will probably say they shouldn't have played particular shots. That's how we have to look at it."

Virender Sehwag fell hooking a ball from outside off stump, Gautam Gambhir chipped a leading-edge, Sourav Ganguly top-edged a sweep, and Dinesh Karthik slog-swept a ball back to four-wicket-hero Muttiah Muralitharan's hands three overs before stumps. Most were shots more akin to one-day cricket or the Indian Premier League, but Kirsten put it down to finding the right balance.

"We didn't play very well yesterday and some poor shot-making today left everyone really disappointed," he said. "We have a lot of hard work to do to save this Test. We are fully aware of the way we've played and need to accept responsibility for the way we've gone about our business over these last three days."

"I think everyone is aware that they are coming in and playing Test cricket. There were some errant shots, but I don't think that has anything to do with a lot of one-day cricket," he said. "These are fantastic batsmen who play with flair and like to take their shots on and when they are belting it around and scoring at four-and-a-half runs an over every one is happy. So it's really just balancing it out and we have to understand that there are times when we can take it on but also times when we need to be tight."

Karthik's slog-sweep against Murali was questionable considering it was his comeback Test and VVS Laxman was batting well. Kirsten, however, brushed it aside by offering that was the way he played. "He has obviously gone out there with a plan in terms of what we wanted to do. The times I've had with him, I've said 'go play like you know how to.' There is a plan when he walks out, absolutely. It's not necessarily the right way to go about it."

While there were four hundreds from Sri Lanka, India's highest score was Gambhir's 39. Kirsten looked back further, placing some part of the blame on what transpired earlier in the game after India lost the toss. "Our bowling was disappointing and we didn't strike early. We had an opportunity on the first day when the ball was doing a bit but didn't put it in the right area. We got 2 for 60 but didn't capitalise and let it slip. Sri Lanka have dominated us and we haven't even won one session yet."
There are few samples of front-on footage of Ajantha Mendis' unusual release of the cricket ball, and Kirsten said watching video footage and facing him in real time were poles apart. "That's watching it in super slow motion, but when he's out there his hand is moving at serious pace. It's not as easy to pick it in fast motion."
"We haven't got enough footage to analyse Mendis to overanalyse him," he said. "The guys need to go out there and get an understanding of how to play him. I thought Sachin [Tendulkar] played him extremely well and everyone has got their own way of going about it. But certainly not an over-analysis."

Kirsten diplomatically refused to accept India were out of his match, but at 159 for 6, needing another 242 runs to avoid the follow-on, it has been a disappointing Test so far for India. - From Cricinfo (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/slvind/content/current/story/362473.html).
++++
For an instance I thought the above statements were made by BD coach on BD players. Stunningly similarity I find.

Fazal
July 25, 2008, 10:45 AM
What happened to India? Few months ago they are giving hard time to Australia... and now they may be defeated by an innings against SL?

al Furqaan
July 25, 2008, 11:40 AM
south africa basically won by an innings, right after england initially had SA on the mat following on.

whats with all these lopsidded tests in the first innings? makes bangladesh performances seem normal. this will be the 3rd test in a row with someone following on.

Nocturnal
July 25, 2008, 11:48 AM
[বাংলা]তাও ভালো, আমার তো আলসেমি করে[/বাংলা] Avro Keyboard open[বাংলা]-ই ওপেন করা হয় না।[/বাংলা] :)

[বাংলা]বাংলাক্রিকেটে মাঝে মাঝে বাংলা লিখে লিখে এখন আমি বিজয় লে-আউট দিয়ে মোটামুটি বাংলা টাইপ করতে পারি। এখন আগের মতো সবসময় কী-বোর্ড এর দিকে তাকিয়ে বাংলা লিখতে হয় না।[/বাংলা]

[বাংলা]আমি কিন্তু ঐ সূতার পড়ে আর কোনদিন বাংলিশ লিখি নাই, বাংলা লিখি - সত্যি!![/বাংলা] :)

Nocturnal
July 25, 2008, 11:49 AM
Stumps - Day 3
Sri Lanka 600/6d
India 159/6 (45.0 ov)
India trail by 441 runs with 4 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

sbsash
July 25, 2008, 06:12 PM
I support India but I think Srilanka will win.

Rifat
July 25, 2008, 10:04 PM
reiterating post # 43...

Sri Lanka singing: This is why i am hot... hot.. this is why i am hot.. this is why this is why this is why i am hot... if any team deserves to sing that arrogant song, it should be the Lankan cricket team. :big_hug:

this is what happens: you prepare for Malinga(that's what Bangladesh did in 2007) you get hammered by Vaas, Murali dynamic duo.

you prepare for "ajantha" no longer "ajantha" by the Indian cricket team :-p, you get hammered by Murali...

and they don't even have Jayasuriya, Malinga, Fernando in the squad...

and the "legends" ofIndia succumbing to this bowling attack; a very interesting match indeed!
only a true cricket nation can beat Sri Lanka...

Murad
July 25, 2008, 10:19 PM
I want to see Indians getting out within 200!

GO Lions Go.

bujhee kom
July 25, 2008, 11:41 PM
# 7 down!
captain kumble gone!
ajantha's 2nd test wicket! he is 23 but looks like a 12 years old!
herbie came and hit 2 consecutive 4s!
1nd 179/7 after 50 overs

bujhee kom
July 25, 2008, 11:48 PM
herbie's gone!
murali's 5th in the ininings!
ind 182/8 after 52 overs

bujhee kom
July 26, 2008, 12:13 AM
mendis took zahir khan out!
ind 195/9 after 58 overs!
mendis' 3rd in the ininings!

bujhee kom
July 26, 2008, 01:11 AM
mendis took laxman out as the last indian wicket falls. laxman a fighting 56 bowled by mendis. ajantha's fourth wicket in the first innings of his first ever test match!
india all out for 223 after 72.5 overs and following on!

Nocturnal
July 26, 2008, 02:11 AM
Lunch - Day 4
Sri Lanka 600/6d
India 223 & 25/1 (6.4 ov) --> Shewag gone lbw by Murali
India trail by 352 runs with 9 wickets remaining

Nocturnal
July 26, 2008, 02:13 AM
man o man! big controversy with this 3 days old review system.

V Sehwag lbw b Muralitharan 13 (17b 2x4 0x6) SR: 76.47
6.4 - Muralitharan to Sehwag, OUT, Review for the lbw. The topspinner pitched on the leg stump line - half outside leg and half inside- and Sehwag shouldered arms. The ball clipped the inner half of the front pad and then went on to hit the back pad in front of the stumps. It's a slightly tough one. It hit the front pad first and then deflected. After the chat with the third umpire, Benson has given it out. Joy for Sri Lanka. What a blow from Murali.

Let's rewind: Hold on for a short while. I will have a look at the replays - they have gone for ad breaks - to see whether it was the topspinner or doosra - in which case he would be out - or was it the off break in which case considering it hit the front pad first, you can say it would have turned to miss the leg stump. Boycott, on air, reckons it should not have been given out.

Replays are in now. The ball did straighten. The virtual eye showed the path as if it hit the back pad first. The deflection was not shown in the virtual eye which showed it hitting the middle. what happened was that it hit the front pad first. It might have grazed the leg stump. Any way that is that.

Nocturnal
July 26, 2008, 02:24 AM
Lunch time-
they are showing this show with Sanjay Manjrekar/Jaysuria/Boycott and reviewing that lbw decision over and over-
I'm convinced that Shewag was clearly not out - poor LBW decision by Rudi Koertzen - 3rd umpire!! :(

Anher
July 26, 2008, 02:39 AM
Lunch time-
they are showing this show with Sanjay Manjrekar/Jaysuria/Boycott and reviewing that lbw decision over and over-
I'm convinced that Shewag was clearly not out - poor LBW decision by Rudi Koertzen - 3rd umpire!! :(

Unintentional 1 or 2 wrong decisions can be granted in a test match. At the end of the day i don't see how India can survive 2 murali :notworthy:. I will be surprised if they show its an excuse to ruin a great performance of 2 great bowlers on flat track.

Nocturnal
July 26, 2008, 02:58 AM
Unintentional 1 or 2 wrong decisions can be granted in a test match. At the end of the day i don't see how India can survive 2 murali :notworthy:. I will be surprised if they show its an excuse to ruin a great performance of 2 great bowlers on flat track.

sure all wrong decisions are/were unintentional but thats why I thought we have this review system now!! :-|

BANFAN
July 26, 2008, 03:13 AM
61/2 after following on.

India is heading for an innings defeat? possibly.

Sovik
July 26, 2008, 03:22 AM
sure all wrong decisions are/were unintentional but thats why I thought we have this review system now!! :-|
Thats also fall into percentage of human error .we are not just 100%.

Rabz
July 26, 2008, 04:38 AM
India 103/6 in the second innings.
Still trailing by 274 runs!

they are about to concede here a big one!
.... makes me wonder if india can suffer like this in srilanka, amra to dudh-bhat.

BANFAN
July 26, 2008, 04:46 AM
Ind 103/6 at Tea. Sri set for a big win, hopefully today. mendis and murali will probably sweep through the tail. Great victory on the cards for Sri and possibly going to be the biggest against India !! :)

nasimul
July 26, 2008, 04:54 AM
another 5wkt for Murli, when this man will stop

BANFAN
July 26, 2008, 04:59 AM
7th gone for 110 !!

BANFAN
July 26, 2008, 05:25 AM
133/9, one more to go.......

BANFAN
July 26, 2008, 05:28 AM
All over,Sri win by one Innings and 238 runs. Congrats Sl. The biggest win ever against India. mendis 8 wkts highest for a debutant of Sl in test.

It was an all round performance by SL. Weldone SL, Congrats.

India had no clue of the match with bat and ball. :)

nasimul
July 26, 2008, 05:50 AM
Huge win for Lankans. It looks like Murli gets additional help from Mendis fever.

bujhee kom
July 26, 2008, 05:52 AM
khel khatam! all of a sudden bd's 07 tour of sl doesn't look so horrible anymore! (by no means i am comparing india with bd, team strength-wise i know very well how far apart they are)

BD-Shardul
July 26, 2008, 06:46 AM
When I checked Cricinfo and saw IND 138, I thought they were 138 for no loss in second innings. Mone korlam IND bhaloi jobab dichchey. Pore dekhi.....................

:lol::lol::lol:

:floor:

7 World Class batsmen can't handle 2 World Class Spinners!!! :-D

Originally Posted by bujhee kom
khel khatam! all of a sudden bd's 07 tour of sl doesn't look so horrible anymore!

True.

Rabz
July 26, 2008, 07:25 AM
Total annihilation of the indians!
SL too hot to handle for even guys like Tendulkar, Sehwag,Dravid....the list goes on and on.

Yes, our last series does not look that bad anymore.

AsifTheManRahman
July 26, 2008, 07:38 AM
What a joke. When are we playing Sri Lanka again?

nasimul
July 26, 2008, 07:52 AM
What a joke. When are we playing Sri Lanka again?

According to ICC FTP Sl tours BD in dec this year

Tigers_eye
July 26, 2008, 08:02 AM
45 overs and 138. There is a little joy inside me. The work has just begun. Two more tests to go. :)

The ball did straighten up in the end. Pitched half inside the leg stump and would have hit the leg stump. The review system was good.
<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="446"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">6.4</td> <td width="100%">Muralitharan to Sehwag, OUT, Mahela asks for the Review for the lbw. The ball pitched on the leg stump line - - half outside leg and half inside- and straightened and Sehwag shouldered arms. The ball clipped the inner half of the front pad - which was placed around the leg stump line - and then went on to hit the back pad in front of the stumps. It's a slightly tough one. It hit the front pad first and then deflected. After the chat with the third umpire, Benson has given it out. Joy for Sri Lanka. What a blow from Murali.

Let's rewind: I will have a look at the replays - they have gone for ad breaks - to see whether it was the topspinner or doosra - in which case he would be out - or was it the off break in which case considering it hit the front pad first, you can say it would have turned to miss the leg stump. Boycott, on air, reckons it should not have been given out.

Replays are in now. The ball did straighten. It was not the pure topspinner that would have gone on with the angle. It did straighten a bit. The virtual eye showed the path as if it hit the back pad first. The virtual eye showed it hitting the middle as if the deflection didn't happen. What happened was that it hit the front pad first. Having said that it was not hitting the middle, I would have to say that it might have grazed the leg stump. Any way that is that. A you tube moment. And the debate will continue. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="30">
</td> <td> V Sehwag lbw b Muralitharan 13 (30m 17b 2x4 0x6) SR: 76.47</td></tr></tbody></table>

BKPOKKUSBD.

Kabir
July 26, 2008, 08:09 AM
Indeed...all of a sudden our loss to SL doesn't look all that bad anymore!

BANFAN
July 26, 2008, 08:22 AM
indian pundits will put it in the shoulder of IPL. Commies were already asking the question. If the rest of the series also goes like this, it will be obvious.

BANFAN
July 26, 2008, 08:39 AM
I saw a thread, saying that we shouldn't play SL soon. Tried to post but disappeared. What's the quiz? Has some mod hijacked/merged it some where? :)

Tehsin
July 26, 2008, 09:15 AM
:notworthy: to the spin devils. We should cancel all future tours against Sri Lanka until Murali retires - wchich, I hope is going to be a while. With Medis coming in, Murali does not have to everything himself.

I wish there was a smilie that goes ear to ear and beyond to show exactly how I am feeling about this loss. This was Spintastic. :)

If BD A wasn't sucking so bad against SA, I'd have had this huge smile plusterred on my face for the whole weekend.

Ajfar
July 26, 2008, 10:12 AM
srilanka ekhon shudu boisa boisha tamasha dekbo...frm one end mendis..the other end..muthiah...game overrrr

Rabz
July 26, 2008, 10:18 AM
The bubble is bursting for indian cricket.
Goes to show just because you have a billion-dollar Board with a billion-dollar League with a billion supporters, you still cant avoid humiliating defeats.

And it didnt happen in South Africa or Australia, it happened right under their nose in Sri Lanka.

Rifat
July 26, 2008, 10:19 AM
According to ICC FTP Sl tours BD in dec this year

on our own backyard, go to Syed Rasel's house, give him some orange juice to drink and let him get couple of early wickets for game on... :)

al Furqaan
July 26, 2008, 11:30 AM
Indeed...all of a sudden our loss to SL doesn't look all that bad anymore!

this is what cricinfo had to say.

originally written on cricinfo
It's also Sri Lanka's third-biggest (http://stats.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;orderby=amount; result=1;team=8;template=results;type=team;view=re sults) win in Tests, and their largest against a team other than Zimbabwe.

Rifat
July 26, 2008, 11:41 AM
The bubble is bursting for indian cricket.
Goes to show just because you have a billion-dollar Board with a billion-dollar League with a billion supporters, you still cant avoid humiliating defeats.

And it didnt happen in South Africa or Australia, it happened right under their nose in Sri Lanka.

well, this is test cricket indian cricket board assumed that after IPL, ICC will abandon tests because IPL teaches you how to play cricket recklessly without any form of caution, thus India has done little homework on how to mix caution with aggression in tests.. maybe too early to be an accurate comment because i think they lost because

1. the pitch was flat earlier thus sri lanka scored 600/6

2. all indian team was really fatigued after fielding 160 overs

3. murali mendis combo too hot to handle

4. isn't this their first test match after the IPL?

BD-Shardul
July 26, 2008, 12:02 PM
Previously when teams played Murali in Sri Lanka they had the option of playing him out and making runs at the other end. That is not possible any more. In tandem, Murali and Mendis gave India's batsmen no room to breathe. It was like a pressure cooker, Murali bounding in, wide-eyed, and Mendis harrying in, arm flailing. India simply choked.

Jamie Alter found a perfect analogy of the lethal spin duo- "Pressure Cooker". Ei pressure cooker er bhetore ekbar porle mora chara ar kono upay nai.

RazabQ
July 26, 2008, 01:06 PM
http://content-www.cricinfo.com/slvind/content/current/story/362580.html

And the bellyaching has begun. When was the last time one of many poor umpiring decisions given against Bangladesh was subject to a CI article. But India lose by the 3rd highest margin and bam, an ever so subtle dig at umpiring is made. And the fact that the author seems to of Indian origin - that's just a coincidence right?

al Furqaan
July 26, 2008, 01:36 PM

And the bellyaching has begun. When was the last time one of many poor umpiring decisions given against Bangladesh was subject to a CI article. But India lose by the 3rd highest margin and bam, an ever so subtle dig at umpiring is made. And the fact that the author seems to of Indian origin - that's just a coincidence right?

well the indian's have control over the ICC and cricinfo (along with the english and aussies). of course india's financial position is strongest so when they talk, everone else has to walk.

but all this umpiring talk can be relaxed with advent of the referrals system. i hope it gets implemented for all int'l matches.

Cash$$$
July 26, 2008, 07:50 PM
i didn't know we have so many india-hating fans amongst us?? I thought BCCI helped us get Test status? then what's with all the hate?

Don't count out India just yet, remember....they're playing test cricket after 3 months gap (exclude stick cricket IPL)....so all the batsmen are rusty and made poor choices....but trust me, I have a gut feeling they will come back hard against SL. Same thing happened in Australia too.

Cash$$$
July 26, 2008, 07:54 PM
5 reasons Indians lost:

1: bowling below par, especially AK/Harbhajan out of form....gave away 600 runs

2: who is this wicketkeeper....Dhoni is wayy better! dropped easy chances

3: Few of the decisions by review system, seemed dodgy and incorrect that went against Indians and Dilshan's appeal went for Lankans wrongly.

4: Kumble's captaincy is weak compared to Mahela's

5: Indian batsmen couldn't read M&M and panicked and gifted their wickets away

BD-Shardul
July 27, 2008, 12:48 AM

It is impossible to become neutral except for God. India lost and only two decisions went against them, and they started chanting that this referral system is no good. What they would have said if same decisions were made by on-fiels umpires?

Tintin
July 27, 2008, 06:59 AM
The Indian batting will recover quickly enough. It is the bowling that is completely useless under the circumstances.

Sovik
July 27, 2008, 10:29 AM
Sri Lanka need their fast bowlers only to soften the new ball. i wonder what would happen if Malinga comes back.

Tehsin
July 27, 2008, 10:26 PM
India is playing test cricket after 3 months. That is an absolutely undeniable fact. The last test they played was against South Africa in a DODGY pitch which lasted 3 days (April 11-13).

Sri Lanka is actually playing BACK to BACK test matches, hence they were well prepared for this match. They played away in West Indies WAY BACK in April (3-6).

Couple things that happened over the last couple of days:
- An Indian couple came into my wife's office. They looked at her name tag and flatly asked - Do you speak URDU? Her last name is Khan and she doesn't necessarily look Bangladeshi. She said NO and that she is Bangladeshi and their jaw dropped. This folks had the nerve to ask her if she was sure that one of her parents did not come from a Pakistani background. She said, last time I checked, I was 100% Bangladeshi. I wish she could call on the review system to clear these nice folks doubts about HER origin. After all, they know better about where my wife came from, right ? Such nice and lovely folks.
- Last night, my brother in law was hanging out with his usual friends. All White. This Indian guy walked upto their group and was trying to chat up with the ladies. At one stage, he said his name was piyush or something. He challenged them (now remember, they were minding their own business) that none of them would be able to spell his name correctly. Than he pointed at my bro and said, except you, you can't guess cause it will be unfair, cause you're my people. My bro asked him, what do you mean ? Well, you're Indian, aren't you ? My bro told Mr Piyush that he is Bangladeshi. At this mr friendly started to lecture my bro how it's the same and how India is >>>>>>> you get the point. Thankfully, his friends were able to calm my bro down and told Mr. Piyush to SOD OFF. Mr. Piyush was close to 50. My brother is only 21. Goes to show the maturity level as well.

Is it too much to ask of people (and BCCI) to be Humble? Respect, works BOTH ways.

Tehsin
July 27, 2008, 10:33 PM
The Indian batting will recover quickly enough. It is the bowling that is completely useless under the circumstances.

I agree with this. India does have a solid batting line up. They still need to come to terms with the M&Ms. It's hard enough to play Murali on one end and try to score runs on the other. You can only imagine how much tougher it is to have the Master and his able successor (still too early to tell) bowling in tandem.

Another thing that undid the Indian batting was the runs required to avoid follow on. If the bowling does not improve, India would have no way to salvage this series.

Having said that, I'm rooting for SL to win the test series. However, India might turn around and sweep the One-dayers.

BD-Shardul
July 28, 2008, 07:45 AM
When Malinga returns, SL will have MMM battery lead by another M.

Malinga-Murali-Mendis lead by Mahela.

Fazal
July 28, 2008, 03:44 PM
How pathetic.

sbsash
July 28, 2008, 04:00 PM
It's going to be hard for India to play Murali and Mendis.They are India's worst nightmares for tests.

sbsash
July 28, 2008, 04:02 PM
So I think Srilanka will win the Test series.

Tigers_eye
July 28, 2008, 04:18 PM
Good news!! Galle will be a spinning track. Muhahaha!!! Says the curator.

Ishtylish cricketer
July 28, 2008, 06:52 PM
Good news!! Galle will be a spinning track. Muhahaha!!! Says the curator.

I wonder why the Srilankans have drafted in pacer Dammika Prasad? Could it be to replace an injured Vaas or Kulasakera? India's missing Dravid and Laxman's "stickibility" to the wicket. As much as I like VS's batting, he needs to play for the team's cause a bit more. Recently, Arjuna Ranatunga remarked that indian batsmen are playing tests in 20/20 mode. I would say that he's spot on and given how well the Srilankan batsmen do on their home turf it will be hard for India to prevent them from adding or maintaining this 1-0 series lead.

Anher
July 28, 2008, 07:20 PM
20/20 mode? huh. When sewag score triple century in flat pitch like SSC ground people say what an innings it was like watching highlights. Praise after praise. When you cant even play a single comfortable drive against 2 spinners in flat wicket even if you are known as masters of spin you blame 20/20?
How weird that sound. For the moment in first innings i think sewag surely knew he is going to get busted when mendis and murali will start bowling hence he try to score few runs on medium fast deliveries.
To those i say learn to give some credits to two great bowlers, who bowled masterfully. Mendis even destroyed India in ODI asia cup final when Indian started to think match is going to their pocket.

Buddhika_s
July 30, 2008, 01:18 AM
This is good for SL Cricket. There's so much contention to get into the team at the moment. Like, I would like to see Tharanga Paranavitana, or Mahela Udawatta in the Test team but there's no way. Only if Vandort fails in the next match we might see one of them but I doubt it.

I really hope Sanath will retire from ODIs so we can see Mahela Udawatta in the team. He played one game at Asia Cup. Looking at the ODI Opening batsmen, Sanath and Udawatta opens now, but there's a big fight from players such as Tharanga Paranavitana, Malinda Warnapura, Upul Tharanga and Dilruwan Perera.

Before the last match, Dilshan, Chamara Silva and Chamara Kapugedera were fighting for that one spot in the middle order and since Dilshan scored a century he probably will not be dropped for rest of the series. Also nice to see Jehan Mubarak and Thilan Kandamby fighting for a middle order spot.

I also like to see Kaushal Silva as the ODI keeper in a few matches because I heard he's very good, and a potential Sangakkara like Wicketkeeper/batsman. He's only about 21 so I think it's good if they can expose him a little bit for the future.

When we get Maharoof, Malinga and Fernando back we will have a pretty good pace attack, add Ishara Amarasinghe, Chanaka Welegedera, Sujeewa de Silva and Dammika Prassad to that list, even better.

Who is this Sachithra Senanayake dude got picked for the Board XI game. No idea how he got in. Another spinner. Got an bowling average around 16 but only about 12 matches so too early predict.

Sovik
July 30, 2008, 08:30 AM
I really hope Sanath will retire from ODIs so we can see Mahela Udawatta in the team. He played one game at Asia Cup. Looking at the ODI Opening batsmen, Sanath and Udawatta opens now, but there's a big fight from players such as Tharanga Paranavitana, Malinda Warnapura, Upul Tharanga and Dilruwan Perera.

jayasuriya still has some few years of cricket left in him. he looks fit for his age and he is still hitting more sixes than any players.

Padosan
July 30, 2008, 11:39 AM
Buddhika it is not fair to play Mendis and Murali in the same game. Come on man, you guys should give us a break. Where did you pick this mendis guy from ?

Murali as such is a nemesis and he always performs top class against India, one of the better spin playing team. I can't imagine a full fit SL bowling line up with the freak malinga slinga back to support vaas, murali and mendis.

all thigs said, like a true Indian fan, I will hope and pray that Indian team bounce back in the second test. To be honest i feel SL is way ahead in bowling and they definitely have the upper hand and don't see a different result than the first test, though i would love to be proven wrong.

Looks like SL can never be defeated at home with these bowling freaks in action, Australia should call SL the final frontier now !!

cheers !
Padosan

Tigers_eye
July 30, 2008, 12:00 PM
Hello Padosan,
I am enjoying the SLan dominance at the moment. However, dreadfully waiting for Dec when BD faces Mendis. Actually he may not have a go at BD. The fast bowlers will take care of things in the first 10 overs of the game. :(

thebest
July 30, 2008, 12:28 PM
Padosan,
though I enjoying SL winning but deep in my heart I know, Big 4 are too good to fail in successive tests (actully Laxman scored a 50 last match). 2 out of these 4 would come out successfully in next test don't worry. But I am worried about Bangladesh. May be Eid ul Adha would come too late for the Slankans. They would be the sacrificial lambs.

Buddhika_s
July 30, 2008, 01:27 PM
Buddhika it is not fair to play Mendis and Murali in the same game. Come on man, you guys should give us a break. Where did you pick this mendis guy from ?

Murali as such is a nemesis and he always performs top class against India, one of the better spin playing team. I can't imagine a full fit SL bowling line up with the freak malinga slinga back to support vaas, murali and mendis.

all thigs said, like a true Indian fan, I will hope and pray that Indian team bounce back in the second test. To be honest i feel SL is way ahead in bowling and they definitely have the upper hand and don't see a different result than the first test, though i would love to be proven wrong.

Looks like SL can never be defeated at home with these bowling freaks in action, Australia should call SL the final frontier now !!

cheers !
Padosan

Padosan,

It's n ot gonna be the same this time around, trust me! Players such as Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid and Laxman don't fail twice in a raw. With Rain has so much to do with Galle as always, I expect a draw but Sri Lanka could be beaten. I think Mendis is a little overrated (not by his team or fans though, by Indians) I think he'll be sorted out.

Will see, can't wait till the game time!

BANFAN
July 30, 2008, 01:49 PM
SL generally doesn't take their guards off, But you never know with such performance by the bowlers, if the batsmen takes it a bit easy in this test. If they are human enough. :)

India will grab any opportunity they are offered, they have that ability with both bat and to some extent with ball as well.

But I am putting all my money on SL, the stage is set for a perfect Spin Tsunami. :)

Padosan
July 30, 2008, 03:33 PM
Padosan,

It's n ot gonna be the same this time around, trust me! Players such as Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid and Laxman don't fail twice in a raw. With Rain has so much to do with Galle as always, I expect a draw but Sri Lanka could be beaten. I think Mendis is a little overrated (not by his team or fans though, by Indians) I think he'll be sorted out.

Will see, can't wait till the game time!

Agreed, Mendis will be sorted out if not sooner a bit later.

If you look at it, bowling in tandem with murali is what is adding an extra bite to his bowling. He can try what he wants and do what he want knowing that Murali is on the other end to straighten things up. This infact adds up to the potency of Murali also coz the batsmen have to look playing Murali bit more positively. One thing is for sure, these two guys are reaping each others accuracy and capabilities.

On the other hand i am terribly excited on how the fab 4 are going to handle this deadly duo of spin at the moment. Except for Dravid who likes to grind it out the other 3 might just decide to take it positively against them. Interestingly Ranatunga might comment it as T20 cricket :p

cheers !

Padosan
July 30, 2008, 03:47 PM
Hello Padosan,
I am enjoying the SLan dominance at the moment. However, dreadfully waiting for Dec when BD faces Mendis. Actually he may not have a go at BD. The fast bowlers will take care of things in the first 10 overs of the game. :(

Abt BD facing mendis, you guys know he is coming and coming soon so better start watching a lot of videos and better start reading him from now. I am sure by that time a few batsmen would figure him out by then. I would say, atleast as of now, Murali is still the bigger problem we should worry about :).

Rifat
July 30, 2008, 09:59 PM
Abt BD facing mendis, you guys know he is coming and coming soon so better start watching a lot of videos and better start reading him from now. I am sure by that time a few batsmen would figure him out by then. I would say, atleast as of now, Murali is still the bigger problem we should worry about :).

it's all about class, i would love to see English, South Africans and the likes of Aussies handle Mendis!

can't wait for it to begin! need free link? google bollym4u and/or bhejafry

Buddhika_s
July 30, 2008, 10:36 PM
Agreed, Mendis will be sorted out if not sooner a bit later.

If you look at it, bowling in tandem with murali is what is adding an extra bite to his bowling. He can try what he wants and do what he want knowing that Murali is on the other end to straighten things up. This infact adds up to the potency of Murali also coz the batsmen have to look playing Murali bit more positively. One thing is for sure, these two guys are reaping each others accuracy and capabilities.

On the other hand i am terribly excited on how the fab 4 are going to handle this deadly duo of spin at the moment. Except for Dravid who likes to grind it out the other 3 might just decide to take it positively against them. Interestingly Ranatunga might comment it as T20 cricket :p

cheers !

Well he's gotta learn a lot more. Like Murali said, Mendis is actually better than Murali, when Murali started out. When Murali started playing all he got was the offspinner, then he learned lot more variations, Doosra and change of speed and all those sort of stuff. So Mendis can't sit back and do the same thing over and over again, he needs to work harder like Murali did.

Tintin
July 30, 2008, 11:59 PM
Wow, India finally won a toss. As per the comm, it is the funny wicket that the groundsman promised

Pitch "Weird pitch," says Waqar Younis on Ten Sports channel. "One side has lots of cracks that have already opened up a touch and which should take spin from second day on wards. The other side has flat, no cracks but is damp and might aid swing because of the sea breeze." Whoa! If only the other half had grass it would have been like the Federer Nadal exhibition game on the half clay half grass court. Immense fun awaits us.

MohammedC
July 31, 2008, 12:15 AM
27/0 at 4.9 RPO

Sehwag and Gambir in ODI mood

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 12:35 AM
Mendis in :-D

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 12:36 AM
Any live link?

cricman
July 31, 2008, 12:37 AM
Review

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 12:37 AM
Review :-D

review for bat pad catch. off break on the middle and leg line, Sehwag misses a wild sweep shot and the ball pops up for the 'keeper to hold it. They ask for the bat and pad catch. Rudi turns it down. Mahela is unsure to ask for the review but Dilshan, at short-leg, urges him to go for it.

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 12:38 AM
The verdict is NOT OUT.

SL wasted their first REVIEW. :-D

Nocturnal
July 31, 2008, 12:45 AM
fifty up for Ind.
India 51/0 (12.2 ov)

Tintin
July 31, 2008, 12:48 AM
61 for 0 in 13 overs at the drinks break. Mendis 2 - 0 - 16- 0

<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="603"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">2.6</td> <td width="100%">Mendis to Sehwag, FOUR, Ah! the two-fingered googly on the middle stump, a touch short in length, Sehwag had picked the ball and length early, backed away a touch to cut it past point. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="30">
</td> <td width="100%">
</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td align="right" width="30">
</td><td width="100%">
</td></tr><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">12.3</td> <td width="100%">Mendis to Sehwag, SIX, That is the first six against Ajantha Mendis in Test match cricket. You could see he was itching to jump out. He reached the pitch of the off break and swung it over the cow corner</td></tr></tbody></table>

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 12:48 AM
Sehwag toying with Mendis.

Rifat
July 31, 2008, 12:51 AM

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 12:51 AM
Just learned about it

Safraz Hassen: "If a review is successful (Umpire's decision is changed), does that still leave one less review for the team appealing? And, is it 3 reviews per day or per innings?" If it's successful, it's not counted. They have three unsuccessful reviews per innings. After the third unsuccesful one, they can't ask for any more reviews.

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 12:53 AM

Thanks but no thanks. :-D

Becasue I can't install Sopcast in university computer.

Rifat
July 31, 2008, 12:54 AM
Thanks but no thanks. :-D

Becasue I can't install Sopcast in university computer.

try bollym4u.com

Nocturnal
July 31, 2008, 12:59 AM
India 80/0 (15.4 ov)

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 01:01 AM
Why Vaas in not bowling anymore?

Rifat
this is ODI cricket with a red ball... India 84/0 16 overs

BD-Shardul
Poor fielding by the Lankans.

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 01:03 AM
Murali in.

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 01:04 AM
Four off the first ball of Murali. 50 for Sehwag.

Tintin
July 31, 2008, 01:05 AM
Murali in.

If the pitch is as bad as it is made out to be, these 90 runs and the delay in introducing Murali could prove crucial.

Sehwag hits Murali's first ball for four to reach 53 in 50 balls. 94/0

cricman
July 31, 2008, 01:07 AM
No way to stop Viru now, He's Locked Long Day for the Lankans coming up , Ghambirs Drop could also be Costly

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 01:11 AM
Murali conceded another 4. 100 partnership comes up.

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 01:11 AM
Another boundary off Murali.

cricman
July 31, 2008, 01:14 AM
No Stoping Viru, Now Every run now is so important because the pitch will turn into a Land mine come Day 4 and 5 and I expect India to get bundeled out cheaply come the 2nd innings than it'll be up to Kumble

Nocturnal
July 31, 2008, 01:15 AM
Very good start by Ind
107/0 (20 Overs) :)

BD-Shardul
July 31, 2008, 01:20 AM
Vaas became crappy now a days. Get wickets only against BD.

Tintin
July 31, 2008, 01:50 AM
151 f0r 0 at lunch, Sehwag 91*, Gambhir 50*

Nocturnal
July 31, 2008, 02:04 AM
grrrr! raining at Galle :(
Match delayed by a wet outfield

12:58 pm Rain has stopped now. Brief but fierce shower. Update from Jamie: "The rain has stopped but the damage is evident. The ground staff have covered the entire playing area and there are puddles everywhere. Unlike other grounds, the pitch in Galle is flat and not raised, so if water seeps in it will take a lot more time to drain."

12:50 pm Rain. Heavy rain. Dark clouds have hugged the arena. The ground has been covered. Entire ground in fact.

Tintin
July 31, 2008, 06:42 AM
Play resumed at 4:30 and India went from 167/0 to 181/4 - Gambhir, Dravid, SRT and SCG. Sehwag is 106* and VVSL 2 now

Sovik
July 31, 2008, 07:07 AM
shewag is awsome. he took the attack to the sri lankans

Sohel
July 31, 2008, 08:27 AM
Vaas does it again. What a way to snatch the initiative away from India, and at the expense of the BIG three!

Rahul, Tendy and Dada are still clueless facing Mendis in tandem (this time) with Vaas. The pitch will become a nightmare by day 3. I smell a whitewash here ... :joy:

SL ALL.THE. WAY ! ... :up:

Tintin
July 31, 2008, 09:28 AM
Tendulkar had no problem with Mendis in the first Test and here faced two or three balls for five runs.

If the pitch is really bad, Kumble will have a good time.

Sohel
July 31, 2008, 10:07 AM
Mendis from the other end = extra pressure = wickets, even when the other guy takes the wickets.

I think India will be batting to save the match, unsuccessfully I might add, when the pitch gets really bad.

Tehsin
July 31, 2008, 10:54 AM
I was happy when I saw the score (one-sided games are are usually boring. BD fans should know). Whatever happened to the big three? If Sehwag hadn't taken the game to the Lankan's, India could have been all out by now. Great job by Gambhir on the other end. If the wicket's going to get bad, don't forget that SL could mess up as well. Never been a big fan of 'elements' that dictate the results. Let the players duke it out fair and square in a sporting wicket, not too much to ask, is it ?

cricman
August 1, 2008, 01:05 AM
Sri Lanka goes 0/3 on reviews, It's a Mendis vs Viru Show now, Lanka will have their chance to get him when the new ball become availible, if they don't a Triple is on the Cards

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=603 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>68.5</TD><TD width="100%">Muralitharan to Sehwag, no run, review shout for lbw. It landed on a length on the middle and off, spun in and Sehwag was hit almost inside of the front pad, while trying to defend. The bat was behind the pad and it would have, in my opinion, hit the leg stump. Given Not Out, though. Sri Lanka have exhausted all reviews. Virtual eye also suggests it would have hit the leg stump </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Nocturnal
August 1, 2008, 01:10 AM
Day 2 - Session 1
India 309/6 (72.3 ov)
Kumble 2* , Shewag 186*

cricman
August 1, 2008, 01:18 AM
Those OverAppealing [what Harbabjan called Symonds] finally get what they deserve

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width=603 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD align=right width=30>73.2</TD><TD width="100%">Mendis to Sehwag, no run, loud appeal for a catch behind. It was the carrom ball. It cut away from the middle and off stump line and appeared to have got the edge as Sehwag shaped to defend. But Sri Lanka can't ask for any more reviews: they have exhausted their three unsuccessful reviews.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

cricman
August 1, 2008, 01:24 AM
No Stoping Mendis, This 2 Headed Monster is the Best Team in World Cricket and just wait till Malinga comes back. No one can beat them in Sri Lanka, They'll defeat Austalia in a Best 5 Test Match Series

Nocturnal
August 1, 2008, 01:37 AM
nine down.....only Sharma to come.....Viru is on 195* :(

Nocturnal
August 1, 2008, 01:43 AM
yayy! Another double hundred for Viru 200* (227 ball) :)

cricman
August 1, 2008, 01:44 AM
200 Well Played, Not exactly Chanceless but very important because India would be in tatters with out it

cricman
August 1, 2008, 01:47 AM
6-Fer for Mendis if the Review is Upheld

BANFAN
August 1, 2008, 01:51 AM
Shehwag, the second Indian Batsman to carry the bat through in a test innings. Congrats Viru.

Mendis cleans up once again.

Nocturnal
August 1, 2008, 01:56 AM
Lunch - Day 2
India 329 all out (82.0 ov)
Viru 201*

Tintin
August 1, 2008, 01:58 AM
The most remarkable incident was this - At 327/9, Sehwag was 199* and faced Murali for a full over. Off the fourth ball, he had the opportunity to get an easy single. He turned it down, and waited till the last ball to score his 200.

al Furqaan
August 1, 2008, 03:02 AM
No Stoping Mendis, This 2 Headed Monster is the Best Team in World Cricket and just wait till Malinga comes back. No one can beat them in Sri Lanka, They'll defeat Austalia in a Best 5 Test Match Series

i think malinga and fernando are over rated...our shahadat is better than both.

Tintin
August 1, 2008, 03:26 AM
SL 64/1. ZK and Sharma were hit about. Spinners on now.

cricman
August 1, 2008, 06:42 AM
Great Magic from Harbhajan ... Great Test India may even get a 1st innings Lead

cricman
August 1, 2008, 06:48 AM
i think malinga and fernando are over rated...our shahadat is better than both.

Aftab took 7/35 in an Innings in the Duleep Trophy and a 5fer vs NZ, Those are 2 innings ... Rajib has a had 2 good innings, I really like him but as erratic as Malinga can be he has 3 real Wicket taken delieveries His Bouncer, His Yorker and His Slower Ball.

Rajib is steadier but he has none of those tools

Kabir
August 1, 2008, 08:59 AM
At stumps day 2:
Sri Lanka 215/5 (61.0 ov)
Sri Lanka trail by 114 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Jayawardene and Jayawardene are batting right now. Not a bad response I would say. But it'll get really close if these two cannot stay for long enough and survive at least the first session for the 3rd day.

Tigers_eye
August 1, 2008, 09:37 AM
Aftab took 7/35 in an Innings in the Duleep Trophy and a 5fer vs NZ, Those are 2 innings ... Rajib has a had 2 good innings, I really like him but as erratic as Malinga can be he has 3 real Wicket taken delieveries His Bouncer, His Yorker and His Slower Ball.

Rajib is steadier but he has none of those tools
Add the weapon of reverse swing.

Tigers_eye
August 1, 2008, 09:38 AM
At stumps day 2:
Sri Lanka 215/5 (61.0 ov)
Sri Lanka trail by 114 runs with 5 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

Jayawardene and Jayawardene are batting right now. Not a bad response I would say. But it'll get really close if these two cannot stay for long enough and survive at least the first session for the 3rd day.
Have you ever seen a deck of cards stacked high and then fall. That will happen in second innings. booked inside 200. 1st innings matters very little when you have the bowling. We got the 1st innings lead against Australia (huge one) and SA.

Tehsin
August 1, 2008, 10:07 AM
So far, it's Viru+Harbi against Mendis. Other's need to step up. I'd say that the play so far favors India. A lead in the first innings would allow them to breathe easy and and the masters could show their true color in the second innings.

Tigers_eye
August 1, 2008, 12:29 PM
I thought Harbi was finished, done. Must keep his cool.

Viru's performance was truely great (coming from a strong critic). If those two performances can't bring victory then really nothing matters at the end. Series lost.

Rifat
August 1, 2008, 12:46 PM
classic test match going on :clap: :clap: that's what we all wanted to see.

Surfer
August 1, 2008, 11:03 PM
Cant ask for a better saturday. A wonderful test match with some excellent bowlers and top class batsmen playing on a pitch that is bound to force a result and the match is evenly poised right now.

Rifat
August 1, 2008, 11:33 PM
i think harbhajan watched the trailer of the film "siing is kiing" before beginning his spell yesterday

nzfan
August 2, 2008, 12:17 AM
Sri lanka just need to get close to Indias score to be favourites in this test

cricman
August 2, 2008, 12:32 AM
This is some great stuff, Belal needs to take lessons from the Cuarator this is how you make a Pitch!

Nocturnal
August 2, 2008, 01:51 AM
Lunch - Day 3
Sri Lanka 292 all out (93.3 ov)
Sri Lanka 37 runs behind

Harbi took 6 and Kuble took 3 wickets!!

Game on!

Tintin
August 2, 2008, 03:04 AM
Two hours of Sehwag and Sri Lanka will be out of the match. He has started in the same fashion, 34* in 26 balls including a six off Murali. He is not even slogging or trying to hit every ball.

India 49/0, 86 ahead

BANFAN
August 2, 2008, 03:43 AM
India is slowly taking the control of the match.

Tintin
August 2, 2008, 06:08 AM
India 200 for 2 - Sehwag 50, Gambhir 74, SRT 31*, Dravid 44*, Murali 0/70, Mendis 1/66

Miraz
August 2, 2008, 06:25 AM
India 200 for 2 - Sehwag 50, Gambhir 74, SRT 31*, Dravid 44*, Murali 0/70, Mendis 1/66

From 200 for 2 to 200 for 4. Two quick wickets.

Vaas and Murali strikes for Sri Lanka.

Surfer
August 2, 2008, 08:53 AM
This match seems to be more in India's control now. 200 will be a tough target on this pitch and still plenty of time left in this match. India wont be declaring before lunch tomorrow. 350/400 as a target would be cool if they can score fast.

Tintin
August 2, 2008, 09:28 PM
At 200/2 it was definitely India; at 200/4 it is about 55-45 for India. After another wicket, it will be Kartik and the tail who still have no clue about Mendis.

Dravid's lbw after review was an interesting one. He was a very long way down the wicket. The ball seemed to hit him outside the off. The umpire would never have given him out. Hawkeye showed that the point of impact was just about on the off stump, and he was given out after consulting with third umpire (the Hawkeye further showed that the ball would have carried on to hit the middle stump). I don't feel comfortable with such extreme front foot lbws being given out.

Another influence of the referral system visible in the first Test (but not so far in the second) was a certain casual attitude that Benson had towards appeals at some times. He used to be like "I am not going to bother with your appeal; if you are serious about it, refer it".

cricman
August 3, 2008, 12:36 AM
Last 7 wickets for 57 Runs

Maiden 10-Fer for Mendis, Lanka Need 307 ... This will go down to the wire

Rifat
August 3, 2008, 01:24 AM
who says Bangladeshi Batsmen are the only one with "rush of blood"

SL 10/3...

anything is possible now!

BD-Shardul
August 3, 2008, 01:36 AM
SL will lose for sure.

Nocturnal
August 3, 2008, 02:50 AM
Dismal 2nd innings batting by india- it was 200/2 to all out 269
Sri Lanka have been set a target of 307.
Magician Mendis got 10 wickets in the match. so far 2 tests and 18 wkts for the new spinning god.

Now SL in tatters, it was 10/3 and now 30/3- still requires another 277 runs with 7 wickets remaining.
Sharma and Zaheer are bowling superbly with new ball - something new to this series! :)

Nocturnal
August 3, 2008, 02:57 AM
damn!

14.3 Khan to Vandort, 1 no ball, caught but it's a no-ball. It burst up from a length, around the off stump, holding its line - like the one that dismissed Sanga - and Vandort stabbed it to Dravid at third slip who held it but Zak had overstepped the mark.

BD-Shardul
August 3, 2008, 03:06 AM
SL trying hard and soul to delay the inevitable.

BD-Shardul
August 3, 2008, 04:10 AM
Dillu and Samaraweera steadying the Lankan Ship. This duo needs to put another 150 runs together.

BD-Shardul
August 3, 2008, 04:15 AM
If you want to watch

http://www.googlesport.info/?p=53

BD-Shardul
August 3, 2008, 04:15 AM
Sharma back to attack.

BD-Shardul
August 3, 2008, 04:51 AM
Gone Dillu

Sohel
August 3, 2008, 05:32 AM
"(Y)akselent" catch by Dada. PJ bites the dust ... 130-6.

Looks like the "Murali-friendly" Galle pitch backfired on my boys just as Tintin had assumed. GREAT stuff from Viru and pretty good show from Beji, Ishant and the Indian bowlers.

So the idea appears to be: get Viru to put some runs on the board, and make sure Sanga, Mahela or Warnapura doesn't.

Vaas comes in to prolong the "ineWitebl" ... :( :( :(

Razi
August 3, 2008, 05:46 AM
Can't believe Kumble still wicketless in this series whereas Bhajji firing with all guns blazing.

Surfer
August 3, 2008, 05:50 AM
Can't believe Kumble still wicketless in this series whereas Bhajji firing with all guns blazing.

He is not!

We are going to wrap this up today. Two wickets to go.

Sohel
August 3, 2008, 05:56 AM
Just one more before ISS Blue Billion takes flight again ... :yawn:

Viru or Beji for MoM? I'd go with Viru without taking anything away from Beji.

Razi
August 3, 2008, 06:03 AM

I'd go for both of them cause they were just incredible in this match...!!!

Surfer
August 3, 2008, 06:10 AM

Gotta ve Viru. He scored on a pitch where most other batsmen struggled in varying degrees. Bhajji took wickets, but so did many other bowlers.

Sohel
August 3, 2008, 06:35 AM
Gotta ve Viru. He scored on a pitch where most other batsmen struggled in varying degrees. Bhajji took wickets, but so did many other bowlers.

Couldn't agree more. Viru is the BEAST!

On a side note, many Bangladeshis mispronounce his nick as "Bhiru", which ironically means "coward". The dude is anything but.

BD-Shardul
August 3, 2008, 07:13 AM
Great comeback by IND. The series remained alive.

Nocturnal
August 3, 2008, 09:16 AM
Excellent stuff by Ind. 1-1 :clap:

Final Score:
India 329 & 269
Sri Lanka 292 & 136
India won by 170 runs :bravo:

Kabir
August 3, 2008, 11:06 PM
What a win! Congrats bharotiyo friends.

al Furqaan
August 3, 2008, 11:40 PM
great comeback to liven up the series...i think SL will win T3 or it will be tame draw.

Sohel
August 4, 2008, 04:24 AM
Sana says the team that bats first has the better chance at winning T3 and the series. The pitch, although batting-friendly as a whole, also offers surprising movement off the seam. If Vaas had Malinga bowling with him, or if DilFer was in form, I'd be relieved to hear that. NuKu doesn't do it for me.

Neither does VD the "BD basher" come to think of it. Time to give Tharanga another go.

bdchamp20
August 4, 2008, 07:37 AM
All the bhais from the sub-contienent which channels do I need so that I'm covered to watch all the international cricket from Bangladesh in the coming months? (BD-AUS/SL-IND/ENG-SA/PAK-NZ)

Nocturnal
August 4, 2008, 08:17 AM
All the bhais from the sub-contienent which channels do I need so that I'm covered to watch all the international cricket from Bangladesh in the coming months? (BD-AUS/SL-IND/ENG-SA/PAK-NZ)

through our cable TV subscription we are getting -
ESPN/ Star Sports/ Super Sports (SA Channel)/ Ten Sports/ Zee Sports/ and few more bhua sports channel.
and you kind of need all of them to cover everything. pretty sure your future cable TV operator has all those and if you can't see a channel don't worry- given any match day you will see that channel pop up to view the match! beauty of Dhaka,eh!! :)

bdchamp20
August 4, 2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks Noc bhai! Ami to TV te live cricket dekha bhulei gesi.

Tigers_eye
August 5, 2008, 09:39 AM
Congrats India!! Excellent comeback. The series is tied. One more to go. Let us see who gets the last laugh in this test series.

sbsash
August 5, 2008, 10:05 AM
I'm supporting India for VS Srilanka.I hope Srilanka loses.

bharat
August 5, 2008, 12:50 PM
My prediction for these series has gone tangential. I expected SL to prepare belters so that it ensures tame draws. The presence of Mendis (apart from Murali) seems to have pushed SL to prepare pure turners.And they did a wonderful job at that until the 4th day of the second test.

I think this series is very important for India (atleast according to me).If India manages to win this series against SL (in SL) I think it would give it the needed impetus to push for the top in displacing the Aussies from its pedastal by the end of 2009.I think this series is more tougher than the coming Aussies series in India which I think India will win quiet easily .I am not being cocky but I believe that the aussies have lot of cracks which just need to be exposed furthur...

This last test (in SL) will be a cracker.Time for Sachin,Ganguli,Dravid and Laxman to step up, the youngsters are hot on their tails !!

al Furqaan
August 6, 2008, 05:03 PM
i still think aussies are stronger than this SL outfit.

Surfer
August 7, 2008, 12:38 AM
i still think aussies are stronger than this SL outfit.

Where did you see even the possibility that sl might come anywhere close to what Australia is?

BD-Shardul
August 7, 2008, 12:43 AM
Where did you see even the possibility that sl might come anywhere close to what Australia is?

Ore baba, prothom test er dabrani dekhi eti moddhey bhuila gese.

bharat
August 7, 2008, 12:48 AM

(me think) SL at home are more tougher to beat than the Aussies in India.

But SL's overall Test record is very poor, its worse than NZ and they are the bottom above BD.Around 45 % of their Test wins have come against BD and Zim !!

But when you talk about SL at home ( as an opponent), I would rate them only below Aussies and SA (at home)

SL provide a good case study for BD to emulate.Try to become very formidable at home and not worry about overseas series.Try to get as many Home tests against
the 'weakest' of the lot as possible, build on the confidence of the Batsmen and 'create' spin monsters.Before you know, the success will be translated against the stronger teams (at home) and improoved performance in away series.

al Furqaan
August 7, 2008, 08:07 PM
SL provide a good case study for BD to emulate.Try to become very formidable at home and not worry about overseas series.Try to get as many Home tests against
the 'weakest' of the lot as possible, build on the confidence of the Batsmen and 'create' spin monsters.Before you know, the success will be translated against the stronger teams (at home) and improoved performance in away series.

very true. unfortunately, our batting lets us down. when rajib had SA on the mat, our batters couldn't keep up. and now BCB does not want to include enam in the side.

ineptitude will continue...

al Furqaan
August 8, 2008, 12:24 AM
damikka prasad clocking 145 k today, and almost every ball is 140+

Nocturnal
August 8, 2008, 01:16 AM
3rd and final test @ PSS- Colombo
India won the toss and elected to bat first
India 91/1 (18 ov)
Shewag gone for 21.
Ghambir-53*, Dravid-10*

Nocturnal
August 8, 2008, 01:34 AM
<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" width="603" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">18.3</td> <td width="100%">Prasad to Dravid, OUT, loud shout for lbw. Mahela has asked for the review. It landed on a length outside the off stump, came back in with the angle and was hit in front of the off stump line. Almost 40% of the ball was inside the mat around that off stump. Dravid had pressed the front foot too much across and couldn't get his bat around it in time. Decision still pending. Doctrove is the third umpire. Benson is talking with him. And the verdict is OUT. The virtual eye suggests it would have hit the off stump. In the recent times Dravid has been troubled with his trigger movement - he has been pushing that front leg too much across. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="30">
</td> <td> R Dravid lbw b Prasad 10 (29b 0x4 0x6) SR: 34.48 </td></tr></tbody></table>

al Furqaan
August 8, 2008, 01:43 AM
prasad takes SRT out as well...the fab 4 are falling in a heap. is it the review system???

is a review system all thats keeping bangladesh from parity????

3-48 on debut with all three being 50+ averages and legends...what a debut!!!

go lanka!

cricman
August 8, 2008, 01:43 AM
Sachin falls victim to the review system, Some System that can't determine if he got an Edge or not

These Reviews are gonna bite us in a** just watch

Nocturnal
August 8, 2008, 01:45 AM
<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" width="603" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">22.1</td> <td width="100%">Prasad to Tendulkar, OUT, Tendulkar has asked for the review for the lbw. It was another length delivery coming in. Tendulkar took a half-step forward to defend. The bat came down adjacent to the pad, straight down the line around the middle stump but the ball came in with the angle, beat the bat and hit the inner half of the front pad before hitting the back pad. Was there a inside edge? Replays don't show deflection. Tony Greig, on air, reckons the sound was the ball hitting the back pad after the deflection from the front pad. He reckons that has to be given out on the available evidence. And the verdict is Out It would have hit the leg stump, which virtual eye confirms.

After he was given out, Tendulkar walked down the track, seemed to ask the umpire - well perhaps, the non striker according to my colleague - something before asking for the review. You can't use snickometers yet in the review system. If they show a replay with a snicko, I will tell you what it showed. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="30">
</td> <td> SR Tendulkar lbw b Prasad 6 (12b 0x4 0x6) SR: 50.00 </td></tr></tbody></table>

cricman
August 8, 2008, 01:50 AM
Remember when Ponting appealed to get Aftab out to the 3rd Umpire for a ball that hit the ground next to his toe to a fielder?

Thats the type of stuff thats gonna happen, Either use all the technology Snicko, Hawkeye and the Video or Just leave it to the umpires

tonoy
August 8, 2008, 02:39 AM
You know in football, there is no referral system. Whatever the referee says, the players must abide by it, be it right or wrong. I don't see why in cricket players all of a sudden think that they need a proper tribunal. BTW, football is much more popular than that of cricket.

Surfer
August 8, 2008, 04:17 AM
Remember when Ponting appealed to get Aftab out to the 3rd Umpire for a ball that hit the ground next to his toe to a fielder?

Thats the type of stuff thats gonna happen, Either use all the technology Snicko, Hawkeye and the Video or Just leave it to the umpires

It has just started. Things will evolve soon. There will be learning on the way. Mistakes will be made the system will get better.

Sovik
August 8, 2008, 05:03 AM
91 for 1 to 197 for 8. i am glad that dada showed some resistant

Sovik
August 8, 2008, 06:29 AM
hats off to Zaheer for his fighting knock.

Sohel
August 8, 2008, 07:13 AM
India 249 AO. SL 14-1 with Vaas in as the NyWa.

Mendis continues to baffle the Indian elite, and Prasad looks promising. He's strong, bowls a disciplined line, and has good pace with the new ball, 135-145 kmph!

Great resistance from Zaheer and Ishant. Together they fought gallantly for 20 overs and helped avert early disaster for ISS Blue Billion back in hyperspace. Zaheer can bat, but the disciplined and patient application fundamental batting technique from young Ishant was a surprise. This crane-like find for India continues to impress.

With Malinda gone early, this the best last chance for VD the BD-basher to keep Tharanga out of the team. Tomorrow, great knocks for Sanga and Mahela with solid contributions from Samaraweera, Dillu and PJ can put my boys in the driver's seat for the series win. We'll see how Kumble, Beji and Zaheer respond to that possibility. Great stuff so far!

The only crappy thing about this has been the unlistenable play-by-play and pre/mid/post game commentary from our fellow South Asian exFarts. The stuff gets especially painful after listening to the Holding-Botham-Atherton-Hussein Quartet from the other series.

The retard from SL with all his "oWers/Waas/Wandort/moWing/poWilyons" to go with bogus insights is unlistenable. Someone get this geezer a speech therapist, or sedate him. Russ or even Sana is much better than this old thing.

At least Waqar with his "Mykol Wendor" utterances has solid insights.

Tigers_eye
August 8, 2008, 09:07 AM
Great last wicket stand. Highest partnership in the innings. They need to push these two up the order and replace the so called ex-captains.

Sovik
August 8, 2008, 12:11 PM
The only crappy thing about this has been the unlistenable play-by-play and pre/mid/post game commentary from our fellow South Asian exFarts. The stuff gets especially painful after listening to the Holding-Botham-Atherton-Hussein Quartet from the other series.

i hate to listen to these commentaries. David Lloyed is the best

The retard from SL with all his "oWers/Waas/Wandort/moWing/poWilyons" to go with bogus insights is unlistenable. Someone get this geezer a speech therapist, or sedate him. Russ or even Sana is much better than this old thing.

At least Waqar with his "Mykol Wendor" utterances has solid insights.

reminds me of Elmer Fudd

Nocturnal
August 9, 2008, 12:26 AM
Day 2 - Session 1
Sri Lanka 42/1 (16.4 ov)

Nocturnal
August 9, 2008, 12:31 AM
<table bgcolor="#eeeeee" border="0" width="603" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td align="right" width="30">16.5</td> <td width="100%">Khan to Vandort, OUT, trapped in front by Zaheer. It landed on the off stump line, full in length, moved in to beat the defensive prod. Vandort had placed his front leg across, towards the off stump and couldn't get his bat around it in time. That would have hit the leg stump. </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td width="30">
</td> <td> MG Vandort lbw b Khan 14 (50b 1x4 0x6) SR: 28.00 </td></tr></tbody></table>

Nocturnal
August 9, 2008, 12:32 AM
Sri Lanka 42/2 (17.3 ov)
Sanga in

Buddhika_s
August 9, 2008, 01:32 AM
Hundred comes up for Sri Lanka, 100/2.

I'm going to Sri Lanka tomorrow guys for about a month.

I might go to one of the ODIs at Dambulla cuz I'll mostly be in Kandy.

See you guys around.