PDA

View Full Version : Pressure should be eased at the expense of enjoyment and competetiveness

Sadz
July 26, 2008, 01:30 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=47530
These three sections are my personal favourite and to me sums up the entire article and also my major views of Bangladesh cricket atm
In whatever its version, Bangladesh defeated at least once each of almost all the world cricket stalwarts. There are also individual achievements of our boys which have become enviable records in the history of the game. Bangladesh cricketers have shown more promise at comparatively young age. Skills and talents of the Bangladesh cricketers have been frequently and lavishly praised by the internationally reputed expert cricket commentators. Then where are the problems? Why do the talents evaporate when they are to further mature and be more consistent in performance? Why they cannot be nourished and sustained?

It needs to be remembered that despite the utmost importance of physical fitness, skills, technique and practice, cricket is a mind game involving elements of nerves, temperament, pressure, sensitivity and uncertainty. It requires great deal of planning and management, which depends more on national guardians of the game. Training of the players must not be limited only to training in the field for skills, technique and physical fitness, but also extend to temperament and psychological training to enable them to take on the pressure the peculiarity of the game imposes. And, of course, national players of all age groups must come throughout the country.

Any game is primarily for enjoyment. Competition provides its glamour. Alarmingly, our boys do not seem to be enjoying the game anymore while playing the cricket giants. Their faces specially when batting do not always present a cheerful picture. This explains why they fail to play to their potential. This is the pressure -- pressure of expectation of the millions. And now is the pressure of so called test status in cricket. Has it become a liability for Bangladesh, rather than an asset?

BTW, I am still wondering why I was banned for 3 days

BANFAN
July 26, 2008, 10:09 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=47530
These three sections are my personal favourite and to me sums up the entire article and also my major views of Bangladesh cricket atm

BTW, I am still wondering why I was banned for 3 days

It really does. That's where JS had been damaging/hurting

Make confession of your BC sins in last 7 days before the ban, will try to guess. :)

No worries take it easy.