PDA

View Full Version : Trojan in BC!

Murad
July 30, 2008, 05:47 PM
This is the 3rd time Mcafee notified me about the Trojan Virus.

They are saying my pc got a virus and that has been removed by them.

Name of the virus is :::: Exploit-ByteVerify(Trojan)

I don't know if anyone else facing this problem. I'm having this problem everytime I try to enter this site.

I hope I'm not the only one who is having this problem :(

Bancan
July 30, 2008, 05:54 PM
I saw someone else mention this in the BC is so slow thread. So you are not alone.
So much for laughing at tiger cricket, now we are infected.

First this place gets slow as hell and now trojans. I demand a change in the administration.:-p

Nasif
July 30, 2008, 06:26 PM
It is not BC. You were probably already affected before. More info on this virus:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100261.htm

I saw someone else mention this in the BC is so slow thread. So you are not alone.
So much for laughing at tiger cricket, now we are infected.

First this place gets slow as hell and now trojans. I demand a change in the administration.:-p

In this case 1+1 ≠ 2 :)

Murad
July 30, 2008, 06:56 PM
If that's the case, then why does I see it only when I try to enter to BC? Why not with other websites?

Ar aage theke jodi amader pc infected hoto taile to shob website e dhukar shomoyeii ei virus thing pop-up korto..

Well who knows :)

Prothome ashto eta.. and then I unchecked it and cancelled it.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m158/saregama123/Capture.jpg

MohammedC
July 30, 2008, 07:23 PM
It happened this afternoon around 1600 Uk time. May be my computer is kapoot but when it happens to 2 person at the same day different side of Atlantic then I should worry.

MohammedC
July 30, 2008, 07:27 PM
If that's the case, then why does I see it only when I try to enter to BC? Why not with other websites?

Ar aage theke jodi amader pc infected hoto taile to shob website e dhukar shomoyeii ei virus thing pop-up korto..

Well who knows :)

Prothome ashto eta.. and then I unchecked it and cancelled it.

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m158/saregama123/Capture.jpg

Murad exactly the same happened to my computer "with that java icon" Anyway my Mcafee got rid of it. I am now avoiding the front page and directly logging to banglacricket.com/alochona

Nasif
July 30, 2008, 07:38 PM
We don't have any Java content on the front page. Not sure if one of the google ads is triggering this. Thanks for the screenshot. I will do some digging.

cricman
July 30, 2008, 07:46 PM
Remote Data Services Data Control from Microsoft Services

This only pops up using IE

Dont Accept it it, It's a Virus

Nasif
July 30, 2008, 09:43 PM
Should be fixed for now. Thanks for notifying.

Kabir
July 31, 2008, 08:55 AM
Guys...I don't understand one thing. Why do you guys use anti-virus?

It's as useless as it can get. The only thing it does to your computer is it slows things down to a rockbottom speed of ZERO at times.

I don't have anti-virus running on my PC...and I never got infected with viruses. All you gotta stop doing is stop downloading things that you cannot verify the sources for.

Kabir
July 31, 2008, 08:56 AM
And yea...also the sites that you visit.

Have you recently watched streaming videos from anywhere? These are mostly full of trojan.

AsifTheManRahman
July 31, 2008, 09:23 AM

It's as useless as it can get. The only thing it does to your computer is it slows things down to a rockbottom speed of ZERO at times.

I don't have anti-virus running on my PC...and I never got infected with viruses. All you gotta stop doing is stop downloading things that you cannot verify the sources for.
And make back-ups. Frequently.

Kabir
July 31, 2008, 09:47 AM
Well don't remind me of backups.

My laptop charger died...so I took it to FutureShop coz I had their PSP plan. In the process, I mentioned that my DVD tray pops out every once in a while. They took the computer, formatted the hard drive, and gave it back to me. I had no backups!

My last 10 years' data is lost.

When I called and asked FutureShop, they said "oh, we have to Test your computer using factory defaults".

I swear, if that person was in front of me, I would've smacked him on the face and asked him to learn the definition of testing.

cricman
July 31, 2008, 11:41 PM
It's also on the Newsfeeds page as well

Murad
July 31, 2008, 11:46 PM
Its everywhere.

Tours, Articles, News, Pictures.. Multimedia..in every pages..

Mahmood
August 1, 2008, 08:09 AM
Apperently, someone was able to compromise the system and injected this in some pages. This could be due to a security hole in vBulletin, or it could be something else like the old guest book or the old forum backup etc. We are working on this issue.

Zunaid bhai, Nasif and I have cleaned up most pages. If you still find any page we did not fix, please post here and one of us will get on it asap.

Thanks.

Kabir
August 1, 2008, 09:01 AM
I found it on Bangla Unicode Setup page right now. Asked me if I want to run an applet.

Murad
August 1, 2008, 07:54 PM
I still get it from most pages.

Chat, Tours, Multimedia, Tools, History & Fantasy

Nasif
August 1, 2008, 10:09 PM
I still get it from most pages.

Chat, Tours, Multimedia, Tools, History & Fantasy

Thanks for notifying.

Miraz
August 2, 2008, 07:27 AM
I am getting the following warning whenever I am trying to access forthcoming tour pages..

Click (http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=14mc7ya&s=4)

Click (http://i38.tinypic.com/14mc7ya.jpg)

Sovik
August 2, 2008, 04:05 PM
I am getting the following warning whenever I am trying to access forthcoming tour pages..

same here

Alien
August 3, 2008, 10:12 PM

It may not be 100% effective in getting rid off all malicious stuff but it does notify you when you do have it which is the positive aspect (aside from removing it). Viruses and spywares don't come announced, so it helps if there is something that notfies you 90% of the time.

Alien
August 3, 2008, 10:13 PM
It's pretty scary, I do my banking on my laptop and last night I found out a bunch of spywares holed up when I did a deep scan after who knows how many months.

MohammedC
August 8, 2008, 02:13 AM
Virus Profile: Exploit-ByteVerify

<TABLE class=newTableFrame cellSpacing=1 width="96%" border=0><!-- tr> <td class="newTableSubHeading">Name:</td> <td class="newTableBody">Exploit-ByteVerify</td> </tr --><TBODY><TR><TD class=newTableSubHeading width="35%">Risk Assessment</TD><TD class=newTableBody></TD></TR><TR><TD class=newTableSubHeading>- Home Users:</TD><TD class=newTableBody style="COLOR: #ffa300">Low</TD></TR><TR><TD class=newTableSubHeading>- Corporate Users:</TD><TD class=newTableBody style="COLOR: #ffa300">Low</TD></TR><TR><TD class=newTableSubHeading>Date Discovered:</TD><TD class=newTableBody>4/9/2003</TD></TR><TR><TD class=newTableSubHeading>Date Added:</TD><TD class=newTableBody>4/22/2003</TD></TR><TR><TD class=newTableSubHeading>Origin:</TD><TD class=newTableBody>N/A</TD></TR><TR><TD class=newTableSubHeading>Length:</TD><TD class=newTableBody>Varies</TD></TR><TR><TD class=newTableSubHeading>Type:</TD><TD class=newTableBody>Trojan</TD></TR><TR><TD class=newTableSubHeading>SubType:</TD><TD class=newTableBody>Exploit</TD></TR><TR><TD class=newTableSubHeading>DAT Required:</TD><TD class=newTableBody>4258</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Virus Characteristics

This detection covers Java applets that attempt to exploit the Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-011 vulnerability. The severity of this vulnerability is considered to be critical. It allows an attacker to execute malicious code, simply by visiting an infectious website. Detections of this exploit do not necessarily mean that any malicious code was executed. It simply means that a Java applet was found to contain the exploit code. Conversely malicious code may have been run, which could result in any number of modifications to the system. All vulnerable systems should apply the patch from Microsoft. Patched systems are immune from the effects of the exploit code. However, detection will still occur on files attempting to make use of this exploit.

It is still everywhere. :hairpull:

Sovik
August 8, 2008, 12:04 PM

i am still getting this. somebody should take a look into this

Fazal
September 20, 2008, 05:38 PM
So are we all clean of virus? Or we are all going to die?

In that case how much time do we have left?

Zeeshan
September 21, 2008, 04:41 PM
So are we all clean of virus? Or we are all going to die?

In that case how much time do we have left?

lol man, picture the scene from MI2

[Ambrose holds up the anti-virus in front of the infected Nyah]
Sean Ambrose: Feel like pleading for your life?