PDA

View Full Version : Bangladesh a Possible Standby Replacement Team for ICCCT

cricman
August 15, 2008, 03:21 PM
Were only one country to decline to send a side, then the ICC would in all likelihood replace them with Bangladesh, ranked ninth in the ODI rankings at the time of the qualification cut-off date in March. Were two to back out then in theory Ireland, ranked tenth, would be invited.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/story/365156.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Beamer
August 15, 2008, 03:26 PM
We will end up going in the end.

bujhee kom
August 15, 2008, 03:40 PM
thank you cricman bhai for the news!
i really hope we get invited and we accept it!
where is brockley? bro, your initial thoughts about bd in the tournament might finally turn to reality!
hope for the best!

akabir77
August 15, 2008, 04:40 PM
some one needs to blast more bombs in Pakistan so that AUS doesn't come...lol

al Furqaan
August 15, 2008, 05:49 PM
the more we play the better...3 more games min.

brockley
August 15, 2008, 07:46 PM
Told you so.
Australia won't go.
ICc security met with australia and nz yesterday they gave ut the thumbs down.
England and s africa likely to do the same.
Only other option is to switch the venue.
Wouldn't mind if bangladesh replaces us,gives us prep time before the aust india test series,we may go over early to india.

Kabir
August 15, 2008, 07:50 PM
some one needs to blast more bombs in Pakistan so that AUS doesn't come...lol

Apnar kaandhe ki oita? Amra ki dure shoira jamu?

Rifat
August 15, 2008, 10:52 PM
aren't we busy with New Zealand this October?

brockley
August 15, 2008, 11:11 PM
Its september its on.

nycpro96
August 18, 2008, 10:42 AM
so r we in?

brockley
August 18, 2008, 10:57 AM
Dunno looks like it will move to srilanka now.

bujhee kom
August 18, 2008, 12:04 PM
i guess by musharraf resigning last night we lost the little bit of chance that we had to play! oh well, it's okay!

BANFAN
August 18, 2008, 12:09 PM
It's not only the Kiwis & kangaroos, a few others are on the way to non participation. In that case itmight shift else where.

Rabz
August 18, 2008, 12:23 PM
I dont mind us playing in the Champions Trophy.
But if Aus, NZ,Eng and SA pulls out, it might as well be called Asia cup+.

Not much of a champions trophy if the world champs are not playing.

crikfreak
August 19, 2008, 10:48 AM
if AUS, NZ, SA and England are to pull out.. then i very much doubt they'll still hold the champions trophy in pakistan.. i think they'll probably shift it to sri lanka.. although i'd love it if bangladesh played..

BANFAN
August 19, 2008, 01:10 PM
No chance for BD, if that's shifted to SL.
Chairman ICC said on CNN today, that they have asked SL if they are ready to host it and are waiting for their reply.

kalpurush
August 19, 2008, 01:32 PM
Australia told to pull out of event (http://usa.cricinfo.com/iccct2008/content/current/story/365525.html)
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/iccct2008/content/current/story/365525.html

Tigers_eye
August 19, 2008, 01:41 PM
There goes our chances to participate.
NZ, Australia, soon to be followed by Eng and SA.

At the end of the day, the Champions trophy will be relocated to SL. All teams will participate.

Razi
August 19, 2008, 01:48 PM

At the end of the day, the Champions trophy will be relocated to SL. All teams will participate.

I was thinking way before that something like this will happen. Anyway its good in one way that we are not participating being a replacement team. I'll be most happy when we will participate deservedly being a super 8 team.

WarWolf
August 19, 2008, 02:00 PM
I was thinking way before that something like this will happen. Anyway its good in one way that we are not participating being a replacement team. I'll be most happy when we will participate deservedly being a super 8 team.
Spot on.

Beamer
August 19, 2008, 02:09 PM

But, what if Pakistan pulls out then as a mark of protest? They might to do it. Win- win for us, as long as one or two teams pull out, irrespective of the hosting country.

Nafi
August 19, 2008, 02:13 PM
Pakistan has rubbish pitches anyways.

SS
August 19, 2008, 03:14 PM
BD getting lot of attention nowadays as replacements!!! Before it was Zimb, Kenya and now BD. Things changes with time so quick
I hope nobody will start getting lot of attention for BD replacements too!!

Ajfar
August 19, 2008, 03:22 PM
amra tow fokir miskin..onner doyai baicha asee...

cricman
August 19, 2008, 08:12 PM

Australian Government Security Warning for SL is the Same as it is in Pakistan, they'd be on some Hypocrite sh!t if they go to Lanka, India has had Bomb Blasts and they'd give an Arm and a Leg to play in the IPL.

South Africa voted yes for the CT to be played in Pakistan ... There players shouldn't even have a right to protest, South Africa isn't the Safest place in the world ... FIFA is already getting Standby Venues for the World Cup

If the ICC lets this happen, I'm telling you Were Losing the 2011 World Cup and 2011 T20 Championships

BCCI should freeze it's accounts for a few days, I'd like to see the ICC to stand on it's feet

Too Add-On does Australia, England and NZ think their better than Asians? Sri Lanka, Bangladesh (twice), India (Toured when Tensions where at all time High) Can travel their and this Players Associations don't wanna go cause they know they're wont be no Parting/Drinking?

Bancan
August 19, 2008, 08:21 PM
... FIFA is already getting Standby Venues for the World Cup

I thought they are looking for replacements because the stadiums that are under construction for the games are behind schedule.

BANFAN
August 20, 2008, 10:11 AM
But, what if Pakistan pulls out then as a mark of protest? They might to do it. Win- win for us, as long as one or two teams pull out, irrespective of the hosting country.

They will be pulled back in by ICC.
Pak doesn't have the pulling cord in their grip.
:)

BANFAN
August 20, 2008, 10:22 AM
Too Add-On does Australia, England and NZ think their better than Asians? Sri Lanka, Bangladesh (twice), India (Toured when Tensions where at all time High) Can travel their and ...

They surely have more risks than other Asians.

Whites are more lucrative targets.

Beamer
August 20, 2008, 10:36 AM
http://www.sportinglife.com/cricket/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=cricket/08/08/20/CRICKET_Champions_Trophy.ht

As I suspected...

Eshen
August 20, 2008, 10:54 AM
At the end, I think ICC will be forced to abandon this year's Champion's Trophy.

Rifat
August 20, 2008, 11:28 AM
cricman bhai said that we might not end up going for the world cup 2011 and 2009/2010?i think that will not happen, but i also think it is an excellent initiative by the ICC to exclude Bangladesh from such highly competetive competitions because it is a strategic initiative to force Bangladesh to play Quality Cricket and i believe that over the past 8 years, there are Enough players in the whole country who have mentally prepared themselves for the challenge and in certain occasions have proven themselves on the individual level "up to the task". on the team basis, inshallah we shall see it soon.

brockley
August 20, 2008, 12:10 PM
Latest word according to lorgat is the trophy will be canned.
Too late to shift it,and 4 sides likely to pull out,No national board pulled out yet and time is running out.
The aussie player union gave a thumbs down if australia went it would be a weak side.

Beamer
August 20, 2008, 12:13 PM
Latest word according to lorgat is the trophy will be canned.
Too late to shift it,and 4 sides likely to pull out,No national board pulled out yet and time is running out.
The aussie player union gave a thumbs down if australia went it would be a weak side.

Maybe, Aussies will play us the test series now, after the three ODI's.

SS
August 20, 2008, 12:21 PM
Maybe, Aussies will play us the test series now, after the three ODI's.

U mean Aussie D team? Nobody wants to play test against us...i wonder why...

al Furqaan
August 20, 2008, 03:06 PM
all the nations that pussied out should be forced to pay a fine to the PCB, say a million USD each. the beggar NZ board probably won't be able to afford that, hehe...if teams like india can tour pak, why not aus, NZ, and england?

al Furqaan
August 20, 2008, 03:09 PM
at any rate, good for us.

we should push for the 2 tests against OZ, and if denied, we should ask for a 5 match ODI series - if we're gonna get whitewashed, might as well pad our aggregate stats, no? who nows, a sakib or alok type eid day could pop up...so many candidates nowadays, ash, tamim, sakib, rakib, alok could all drop a big one anytime, anyplace, anyhow.

cricman
August 20, 2008, 05:56 PM
Group A has 1 Chicken

Group B has 2 Chickens

Group A
Team P W L T NR NRR Points
Australia 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0
India 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0
Pakistan 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0
West Indies 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0

Group B
Team P W L T NR NRR Points
South Africa 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0
New Zealand 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0
Sri Lanka 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0
England 0 0 0 0 0 0.00 0

brockley
August 20, 2008, 10:07 PM
Lorgart said the cup will go on in pakistan.
Looks like bangladesh will get the call up.
Siddons said bangladesh will go if invited.

nycpro96
August 20, 2008, 10:19 PM
Bangladesh are ready to step into the Champions Trophy if any teams pull out of the tournament, according to the coach Jamie Siddons. Siddons' side replaced Australia when they postponed their tours to Pakistan earlier this year and Bangladesh were also part of the Asia Cup, which was staged in Karachi and Lahore in June and July.

Ninth in the world rankings, Bangladesh could slip into the eight-team Champions Trophy if a re-shuffle is required. "I think we're free to play if it happens but, personally, I can't see it happening," Siddons told the Age. "We've been called to Pakistan recently to fill in for the Aussies and we'll do it again if we get invited."

The state of the Champions Trophy remains undecided as Australia, New Zealand, England and South Africa wait on an ICC ruling on the event, which is due to start on September 12. A final decision on the venue of the contest is due after an ICC meeting on Sunday.

Bangladesh are currently in Australia preparing for a three-match one-day series starting on August 30. They lost their first warm-up against the Australian Institute of Sport, but earned a three-wicket victory in Wednesday's match in Darwin.

© Cricinfo

Looks like we're ready to go to pakistan for the champions trophy.

akabir77
August 21, 2008, 09:25 AM
azkey 2 ta futsey so australia ki ekhono asey na futsey?

BANFAN
August 21, 2008, 02:57 PM
They will be pulled back in by ICC.
Pak doesn't have the pulling cord in their grip.
:)

I may be proven wrong; won't mind though.

just saw in Geo TV, pak has threatened that they will pull out if it is shifted to SL. Location will probably be confirmed on Sunday. If Pak really pulls out we might have a place.

But realistically I don't think pak can afford to do that. There will be severe back lashes, which pak adhoc pcb can't probably withstand.

kazis2007
August 21, 2008, 04:34 PM
hopefully we gonna play chamions trophy next month at pakistan.

pappiok
August 22, 2008, 07:18 AM
South Africa will not take part in the ICC Champions Trophy in Pakistan in September because of security fears. ............so i hope bangladesh will be in for SA

brockley
August 22, 2008, 09:26 AM
No ones withdrawn yet

Tigers_eye
August 22, 2008, 09:38 AM

Minor correction!!

No team will participate. In other words, the tournament will be cancelled.

al Furqaan
August 22, 2008, 10:48 AM
i have a feeling the tourny will be cancelled as well or "indefintely postponed".

PCB should demand $1M from each board, and even challenge to take it up in international civil courts. they need the money.

Beamer
August 22, 2008, 12:07 PM
Good if its canceled. Let it be a lesson for ICC. This is what happens when you don't invite BD to a major ICC tournament . Good. The top Eight rule was very much BD and Zimbabwe specific, specially in the aftermath of the longest WC ever, and that too without Ind-Pak featuring in the Super Eight. Poor ICC lost so much money. So, they banned us outright with this discriminatory rule of top eight. Now go cry somewhere..

However, the 20/20 WC, another ICC event in England, will see three more European teams in Scotland, Ireland and Netherlands, and nobody has any objections with it. Don't be surprised if in the next five years or so, Ireland is granted the full status, to bolster the strength of "Western" voting members..

brockley
August 22, 2008, 11:04 PM
Hope so beamer,ireland surely next 1 up,kenya in decline.
South africa pulled out.

bujhee kom
August 23, 2008, 02:56 AM
saf pulled out of the tournament today!

brockley
August 23, 2008, 04:12 AM
yes.