PDA

View Full Version : Kenyan schedule for 2008

al Furqaan
August 17, 2008, 09:54 PM
They are currently in a series with Scotland in Scotland in which the first ODI was a washout. Scots impressed there.

They also have a 3 ODI series against Ireland, a singular ODI in Holland...and then the big series, a 5 ODI series at home agaisnt Ireland.

Then a 2 match ODI series against South Africa in Saffieland right before Bangladesh's visit to RSA.

I'm interested to see what kenya has.

cricket_king
August 17, 2008, 10:55 PM
I've always liked Kenya. They really do make use of what they have and latch on to opportunities - the 2003 world cup is a perfect example. I'm also interested to see how they go. Good luck fellas.

Rifat
August 18, 2008, 09:59 AM
Steve Tikolo is a class just by himself. their emerging bowler Ongondo is pretty good too. should be an interesting team to follow as this team has a habit of pulling offs more upsets than bangladesh

Eshen
August 20, 2008, 09:22 AM
Kenya also has an oneday series against Pak academy in September.

http://www.cricketarchive.com/Archive/Seasons/KENYA/2008-09_KENYA_Pakistan_Cricket_Academy_in_Kenya_2008-09.html

MohammedC
August 24, 2008, 05:21 PM
Ireland v Kenya, 1st ODI, Belfast
Botha stars in Ireland win

Kenya's miserable tour of Britain continued on Sunday with a 33-run defeat by Ireland in the first of three ODIs. Though their bowlers did well to limit Ireland to 148 for 9, their batsmen again found the going tough. Andre Botha took 4 for 19 from 7.5 overs, helping to dismiss Kenya for a lowly 115.

CI Bulletin (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ireland/content/current/story/366140.html)
Scorecard (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/ireland/engine/match/325575.html)

ausbangfan
September 6, 2008, 07:25 PM
A ODI Tri Series has been confirmed between Zimbabwe, Kenya and Ireland. (played in Kenya)
Each team will be play each other twice and then a final will follow. This will be a really good series as it will show who is the 10th best ODI nation.
Full fixtures-
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/kenya/content/series/325553.html?template=schedule

BD-Shardul
September 8, 2008, 07:19 AM
A ODI Tri Series has been confirmed between Zimbabwe, Kenya and Ireland. (played in Kenya)
Each team will be play each other twice and then a final will follow. This will be a really good series as it will show who is the 10th best ODI nation.
Full fixtures-
http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/kenya/content/series/325553.html?template=schedule

Zimbo will win.

CholCholBD
September 9, 2008, 08:27 PM
and I believe Tony Grieg want to dump us down to a lower tier with these three teams. well not only will that be unfair and dominating for Bangladesh, it will be a loss of time, revenue and talent.Its good that they have organized their cricket tournament..thanks god BD is not taking part in it otherwise everyone starts equating BD with these teams. In any case, my heart goes out to Kenya and ZIm..they need this more than anyone.

israr
September 10, 2008, 10:50 AM
and I believe Tony Grieg want to dump us down to a lower tier with these three teams. well not only will that be unfair and dominating for Bangladesh, it will be a loss of time, revenue and talent.Its good that they have organized their cricket tournament..thanks god BD is not taking part in it otherwise everyone starts equating BD with these teams. In any case, my heart goes out to Kenya and ZIm..they need this more than anyone.

More than Kenya, it'll be much better if Taibu and Co. pulls it off. Even with Mugabe around, Zimbo still have got a better future than the other two.

BANFAN
September 10, 2008, 02:46 PM

I think, playing more with these teams will give our players an opportunity to get better with their skills. We are trying to play at a very widely uneven level. We have no scope of learning with them at the moment.

I don't of course mean a permanent relegation to that level.

brockley
September 10, 2008, 05:10 PM
We will see go ireland.
Brendon taylor just quit zimbabwean cricket don't think zimbabwe cricket that strong at the moment.

al Furqaan
October 1, 2008, 04:29 PM
kenya just conceded a 600+ partnership to pak academy in their recent series...needless to say pak academy swept it up.

meanwhile, cricket kenya is seeking a 6 ODI series in pakistan...if that doesn't happen, perhaps BCB would do well to invite kenyans for 5 ODIs.

i think some minnow bashing is what we need regardless of how the NZ and SA series go for us.

JonBain
October 4, 2008, 09:01 PM
I would like to see that series.
Pity it probably won't be on TV.

auntu
October 6, 2008, 05:25 AM
I would like to see that series.
Pity it probably won't be on TV.

Yes not bad for BD. It might be seen in BTV. Remember last time Ireland came here and it BTV telecast that series.

AsifTheManRahman
October 19, 2008, 06:30 AM
Lookie what we have here:

<table width="589" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td width="25%" align="left" nowrap="nowrap">Kenya 285/9 (50 ov)
Zimbabwe 50/2 (14.4 ov)
</td> <td rowspan="2" width="50%" align="center">Zimbabwe require another 236 runs with 8 wickets and 35.2 overs remaining

</td> <td rowspan="2" width="25%" align="right" nowrap="nowrap"> Zimbabwe RR 3.40
Required RR 6.67
</td></tr></tbody></table>http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/tri-kenya/engine/current/match/325583.html

An upset in the making?

One World
October 19, 2008, 08:29 AM
Kenya won by 95 runs. Good job Tikolo.

MohammedC
October 19, 2008, 09:42 AM
Well done Kenya and Steve Tikolo (old is gold)

nzfan
October 19, 2008, 08:47 PM
How is that an upset? This zimbabwe team is terrible, their average age is younger than the bangladeshi average age and some of the players havn't even performed domestically and are being shoved into the international team. They have some good players like Mazakadza and Taibu but other than that..... I don't think Zimbabwe cricket will ever pick up, no one in that country is interested in the sport at all, Ive seen games where the stadium is empty as in less than 50 people there

al Furqaan
October 19, 2008, 10:12 PM
How is that an upset? This zimbabwe team is terrible, their average age is younger than the bangladeshi average age and some of the players havn't even performed domestically and are being shoved into the international team. They have some good players like Mazakadza and Taibu but other than that..... I don't think Zimbabwe cricket will ever pick up, no one in that country is interested in the sport at all, Ive seen games where the stadium is empty as in less than 50 people there

the zimbabwe team, terrible or not, are better than kenya.

zimbabwe crushed ireland by 156 runs the other day. the same ireland team which beat pakistan and us in the world cup. the same ireland team which beat kenya by an innings and change last week. the same ireland that piled up 578-4 on the kenyans. granted zimbabwe has beaten us in a series 3-2 as well, without taibu.

kenya's U-19 team can't even qualify for the world cup over teams like papua new guniea.

this was a huge upset, and this zimbabwe team will prolly bounce back quite strongly.