PDA

View Full Version : College Football 2008-09

Tigers_eye
August 25, 2008, 09:20 AM
Last year we can say college football had "year of upsets". Michigan being #5 lost to Appalacian State (most notably) at Ann Arbor. Will this year mimic anything close? Without a playoffs USC has a open shot at the title. The Gators, LSU tigers (in SEC) (defending champions) will have to work extremely hard. Mizzou and Kansas has competition from Texas and Oklahoma. Ohio State is ready to play the title game. Wisconsin, Penn State and Michigan (new coach 'hot Rod') stands in the way. West Virginia, Oregon should have a good season. I am hoping Stanford make some noise and win one game in the season (beat USC - cheaters).

Games to keep an eye on first week: (Aug 28)
Saban's (24) Bama at (9) Clemson.
Zook's (20) Illinois visiting (6) Mizzou.
Over-rated Fulmer takes (18) Tennessee to UCLA.
Hawaii coming to Gainesville to test the Gators. I think Tebow will only play 3 quarters. :) Defending 'Heisman' winner.

Beamer
August 25, 2008, 10:36 AM
T_E

What College team do you support? I know you like the Raiders in NFL. I am not that big on College game as I am with the pro's ( Steelers my team ), but, I try to root for my alma Pitt Panthers. They have been poor to avg for years now. Still, we have manged to send some quality players to NFL almost every yr. Second year RB, LaShean " shady " McCoy is an early Heisman candidate. He was electric last year. Should continue again. Outside of Pitt, I used to like da U back in their glory days. Loved those cocky showboating players..

Tigers_eye
August 25, 2008, 12:07 PM
Losers mainly!! (underdogs :) )
U of Arkansas (Razorbacks) - New head coach, No D Mac, no Felix Jones (Cowboys rookie running back) - rebuilding year.
I follow College football big time (may be since there is no pro-football in Arkansas).

Use to like Nebraska (Ozbourn era) Corn huskers. Lived close to Omaha in Sioux City, IA (91-92).

Dislike Texas. Double dislike USC Trojans and cheat Pete Carroll (College version of Bill Bichicheck). Tennessee borderline.

I follow all conferences. Pitt is good. They are ranked I think in the preseason poll this year. Don't they have Ex-Chicago Bears coach (Dav Wanstendt) as their head coach? Big east is good but not SEC.

Tigers_eye
August 25, 2008, 12:12 PM
By the way, Colts was my real team. (P. Manning - Tony Dungy)
Now with D Mac in the league I will follow him which ever team he plays for.

Beamer
August 25, 2008, 12:34 PM
Cool. Razorbacks had a good basketball program a while ago. Didn't they?

Wanstedt is the coach for us. He stinks. Only reason he got the job because he is from Pittsburgh originally. It helped us recently with recruits. Western PA has a great tradition of football players ( just look at th famous QB's that have ever played the game ) and we were losing them to Ohio State, Penn State, Michigan and Notre Dame. He has got some decent recruits the last few years. We are ranked, but , that don't mean much. We have no QB. It will be all McCoy all the time.

Back to pros. Yes..I am also waiting to see what DMac does for Raiders. Another Peterson in the making? Season still two weeks away. I am going to a lot of games again this year. yes..yes..Sundays are my favorite day of the week ..

Tigers_eye
August 25, 2008, 01:30 PM
Yes!! Nolan Richardson (1st Black coach) to win an NCAA tourney in 95 beating Puke. Following year they lost to UCLA in the finals. At one point, in the mid 90's they were the winningest team for that decade. Even Duke, North Carolina couldn't compete. It was "40 minutes of Hell" rule he implied with mediocre player.

Rommel
August 25, 2008, 04:19 PM
Geeze guys, no love for UGA? We are ranked #1 and we have Knowshon Moreno, the top RB in the country.

Tigers_eye
August 26, 2008, 08:55 AM
My bad!! The DAWGs are back. The road to the National Championship goes through Georgia anyways!! Moreno is a beast. One man show. If the Quarterback can play and not turnover, their is no stopping of the Dawgs!! There defense is that good!!

Who let the dawgs out!! Whoot!! Whoot!! Whoot!!
Who let the dawgs out!! Whoot!! Whoot!! Whoot!!

Beamer
August 26, 2008, 10:08 AM
I like Georgia too. Thats because of Hines Ward...

Tigers_eye
August 27, 2008, 01:45 PM
I like Georgia too. Thats because of Hines Ward...
How about "Herschel to the left, Herschel to the right, Herschel up the middle. Touchdown!!" That was Georgia football at its best.
80 - national champion.
81 - lost in the final bowl game. one loss season. finishing #2.
82 - lost in the final bowl game. one loss season. finishing #2.
83 - national champion.

Mark Ricth years as Bulldogs coach:
2001 - 8-4.
02 - 13-1.
03 - 11-3.
04 - 10-2.
05 - 10-3.
06 - 9-4.
07 - 11-2.
08 - Preseason #1.

Beamer
August 27, 2008, 02:54 PM
T_E

Were you around to see Walker? I assume not. I have only heard about him. I believe Pitt was one of the teams that beat Georgia to the NCAA championship in late Seventies, with Tony Dorsett as our RB.

The other day I had to go to the PITT Athletic Dept for some business purpose, and was in awe to see some of the past players photos gracing the wall. Great players included : Mike Ditka, Mark May, Tony Dorsett, Dan Marino, Curtis Martin, Larry Fitzerald and few other OL/DL..

Tigers_eye
August 27, 2008, 03:34 PM
No, I wasn't in US then but in SEC, he is the standard for running backs. Walker and Bo Jackson (Auburn). Emmit (Florida) didn't get that high praises for some reason. Also I followed Walker in NFL right after he was traded from Dallas for truckload to build an empire by Jerry Jones (U of Ark) and Jimmy Johnson (U of Ark). Can you imagine 6 players and 5 draft picks for one guy? Drive time sport radios often go back and play of past champions quote, plays etc. Arkansas loves running game and running backs. Now the new coach may change all the tradition but Hill, Cobbs, to Matt Jones to D Mac, Felix tradition is deeply rooted here.

The quote on Hershel is well documented and even on TV (ESPN Classic), sometimes they play that to show what a talent he was.

Sure enough, Georgia lost to Pitt (Dan Marino) in Sugar bowl in 82. Looked it up.

Dorsett another cowboys was a beast. But beast of all beasts is my main man Jim Brown. No man be it OJ, Payton, Campbell or even Barry Sanders can come close to Jim Brown. I have a cheat sheet attached to my desk. Stats of Jim Brown.

Anyways, back to college.

Bama facing Clemson at Atlanta. Not a home game for Clemson as I previously thought. Tommy Bowden will eat Saban on a neutral ground. Come on Tigers!!

Beamer
August 28, 2008, 10:26 AM
T_E

Great enthusiasm you have for College football.

Cowboys did what they had to and it was a great success following Walker's departure. That type of wholesale trade of picks is a rarity indeed. Last person to do so was Ditka with NO Saints. He traded everything for the right to pick Ricky Williams. Didn't go that well for him though.

Arkansas surely has a great tradition of RB's. I will root for them this year as a show of support to you.

Jim Brown is indeed the standard bearer of all running backs. But, the others that you mentioned, including OJ and Campbell, were greats in their own right. Sadly, I didn't see them live. I have seen Barry Sanders though. He was electric. Among this generation of backs, I admire Adrian Peterson the most, but I am not sure about him having a long career, specially the way he runs.

Bama-Clemson is a big game.

I still can't hojom the fact that our local boy ( Pittsburgh area stud ) Terrel Pryor has gone to Ohio State. I hate them. What can we do? He is a future superstar and obviously he wants to go to a team that has national spotlight. Wanstadt tried till the last moment to get him to go to PITT. The Steelers even dispatched Charlie Batch ( back up QB and Pryor's mentor/neighbor ) to change his mind. But, why would he go to a third ranked program? In High school, he was a both State Champion in Football ( QB ) and Basketball. He is so highly rated that had he chosen basketball as a career, he would have got drafted in NBA straight away this year.. Watch out for him in Ohio State this year. He won't start, but, he will come in for some plays. He has unbelievable jets..

Tigers_eye
August 28, 2008, 11:34 AM
T_E

Great enthusiasm you have for College football.
lol, that is why I threw a challenge to Shaad bhai for a debate on any topic of college football. I know I can't win against any other, this is the only subject I have a fair chance.

College recruiting has gone beyond fixing. The Ameaturism is gone. The high school recruites now get under the table cash, incentives, agent co-operations. That is so sad. With sites like Rivals.com things are getting heated. Unless NCAA or the sponsors (bowl) do something this will get out of hand.

Yup!! I was intensely watching Pryor saga. I thought he was sold to Washington. Penn State and Ohio State were late additions. Wanted him to go to Penn State though. I want Joe Pa to win another one before he becomes 80. Can you imagine a coach, coaching for the last 4 decades and his program had zero probation from NCAA for all of his players??? Respect is earned. Few years back he gave back the university his entire salary cause he thought he didn't perform the way he was suppose to. What the ...??? By the way, he earned I think $500,000 a year. This was before the last contract extention. On the other hand, Nick Saban makes $4 Mill a year. Sigh!!

The buckeyes are third in the dislike list. Tressel is a weasle. I'll just stop at that. However I was very happy when they stoped the cheater Trojans few years back.

The best NFL running back to watch was, is, will be: Barry Sanders. Heard so many stories of his college years at Oklahoma State. Rival Oklahoma's coach was Barry Switzer (U of Ark). The praises he had for a rival player was unparallel. Sanders never spiked the ball. Not once after any touchdown. Always jogged and gave the ball back to the referee. Such was is love for the game. He could have easily surpass Walter Payton's record most yards (which later Emmitt broke) but walked away from the game just like Jim Brown. He was a treat to watch. The mesmorising moves, the lateral movement, the stop and start, you know something big is about to happen. He would sooner or later bust one 40 yards with the blink of an eye. Had he and emmitt switched teams, lol, Jim Brown's all of the records would be in jeopardy. But by far Jim Brown is the man though.

Beamer
August 28, 2008, 12:16 PM
T_E
You haven't followed the recent years of off the field trouble involving Penn st. Players. Many many incidents of fights, alleged rapes, drunkenness etc has clouded the once great program. Some people allege that Joe Pa has lost touch with reality at this age in his life and has been complicit by overlooking many of the incidents. As a fellow Pitt alum, I am off course biased against Penn St, and I find him a deranged old man.. Enough of them.

My three main dislikes : Penn St, Ohio st, Notre dame.
I like : Pitt ( dunno why ), Miami, Michigan and now Arkansas.

Don't under sale yourself. Sure you can handle your Shaad bhai. He is knowledgable but not unbeatable!

That Nick Saban has no character. I like the Florida Coach. Meyer. He is a good brain.

My fav RB's that I have seen are in this order : Barry Sanders, the Bus ( obviously for me ), Tomlinson, Curtis Martin ( good guy..met him once ) Edgerin James and a few others..

Tigers_eye
August 28, 2008, 01:01 PM
T_E
You haven't followed the recent years of off the field trouble involving Penn st. Players. Many many incidents of fights, alleged rapes, drunkenness etc has clouded the once great program. Some people allege that Joe Pa has lost touch with reality at this age in his life and has been complicit by overlooking many of the incidents. As a fellow Pitt alum, I am off course biased against Penn St, and I find him a deranged old man.. Enough of them.
I knew and purpose fully omitted them. Yet no sanctions to the program. No Scholarship losses. And the culprits were dealth severely after those incident surfaced. Just like Florida State's Bowden. Suspended almost half of the team. Took only 33 players in the last bowl game. State of Florida has more problems.

My three main dislikes : Penn St, Ohio st, Notre dame.
I like : Pitt ( dunno why ), Miami, Michigan and now Arkansas.
Uuuu!! Don't even get me started on Notre Dame. They think they own college Football. Last year was a great year for me to see ND suffer. Miami, actually all Florida schools should be a powerhouse year in year out. The talent they come up with is unbelievable.
Michagan, we (Ark) got Ryan Mallet back next year. Hot Rod may struggle in the first year. If they beat Ohio State then everything is forgiven.
[/quote]That Nick Saban has no character. I like the Florida Coach. Meyer. He is a good brain.

My fav RB's that I have seen are in this order : Barry Sanders, the Bus ( obviously for me ), Tomlinson, Curtis Martin ( good guy..met him once ) Edgerin James and a few others..[/quote]
Watch out for the rookie at Detroit. Kevin Smith (from UCF). Ofcourse D Mac is the class of this year. The best thing I like about LT is zero fumbles. That is just sick. Barry Sanders had a streak of 800+ carries without fumble. :) That is 4 seasons of heavy load.

Beamer
August 28, 2008, 01:20 PM
Florida produces unmatched talent in specialized positions, actually athletic positions, including WR, RB, CB, S, linebackers etc. U Miami put some phenomenal talents in the NFL over the years. Just look around the rosters of many teams and they have Miami studs all over. Plus, I kinda liked their thuggish attitude, though it got out of hand, and Shannon is trying to rectify it, much to my utter displeasure.

Loved every moment of 3 win season for Notre dame last year. I despise them, their national network deal, and the disciple of chor Belichik. Lose..lose..lose..

Thurman Thomas was a good back. Heard he backed up Barry Sanders in college. That was some backfield. But, the U backfield a few years ago took the cake. They had Edge, backing him were Portis, McGahee and Gore..

Tigers_eye
August 28, 2008, 02:01 PM
lol, it is the other way around. Thurmanator was the featured back of Oklahoma State. Barry Sanders backed him up. He was Junior when Barry was freshman. It those days Freshman didn't get enough time to play anyways. However, as great as Barry was there, no one could keep a player like him in the sidelines. TTs special was he had a soft hand. Could catch and block. Threat from anywhere from the field. Teams were so poised to stop TT, that Barry had a field day almost in every game. Soon they became the most feared backfield ever to play in college games. TT had over 20 games of 100+ yards rushing. He didn't have the moves like Barry but he was a workhorse.

But once TT moved to NFL, Barry set College Football on fire by himself.

Beamer
August 28, 2008, 03:03 PM
Sorry for the mix up. They were teammates and that was the point I was trying to make.

Tigers_eye
August 29, 2008, 11:04 AM
Sorry for the mix up. They were teammates and that was the point I was trying to make.
No problem bro.
++++
No upsets so far.
The other USC rolls. Univ of South Carolina. Spurrier wins his 16th straight opener. 37-0 against N Carolina State. At the half time they were leading 3-0. Quarterback controversy never leaves the ol' ball coach. His starter threw 4 picks, got sacked 5 times. The backup came in the 3rd Quarter managed the game threw 2 touchdowns in the forth. Last year S Carolina started 6-1 and ended up 6-6.

Wake flexes mussle against Balyor 41-13.
Iowa State, Vandy, Cinci, Troy, Ga Tech, Miami, Central Michigan, Ball St all won big.

Stanford beat Oregon St 36-28. Woohoo!! Even after gaining almost 200 yards more Oregon State could not beat Stanford. Turnovers and penulties played a big part towards the outcome. The cardinals kept it simple and ran the ball effectively. Managed the clock well. (Coach) Harbaugh is gone next year to NFL me think. Stanford plays next five games on the road. AAAooouuhhh!!

Beamer
August 29, 2008, 01:12 PM
Who the Hurricanes beat?

Yes, Harbaugh will end up in NFL soon. Who could forget the stunning upset last year? He was jumping like a little kid.

Wake Forrest is pretty strong this year. Aren't they? No upsets last night. Pitt playing Bowling Green tomorrow.

What are the major match ups this weeknd T_E? Any big games?

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2008, 09:22 AM
Who the Hurricanes beat?

Yes, Harbaugh will end up in NFL soon. Who could forget the stunning upset last year? He was jumping like a little kid.

Wake Forrest is pretty strong this year. Aren't they? No upsets last night. Pitt playing Bowling Green tomorrow.

What are the major match ups this weeknd T_E? Any big games?
Chareston by 52 to 7.

Wake is a basketball school, lol that should say enough. Naah, they are pretty good year-in year-out for the last 5-10 years.

Upset for week one:
1) Michigan losing against at Ann Arbor against the Utes. Well the Utes are good and would be gunning for BCS game from a week conference. Yet, no excuse for Michigan to lose infront of 108,000 fans. We have a doctor who went to Michigan (follows college football). He will have a hard time at Friday prayers next week, courtesy me.

2) Bama (24) made Clemson (9) look over rated. But the fact is Clemson is an under achiever.

3) Unranked UCLA defeats Tennessee (18) in over-time. VOLs go down and I am happy.

4) Stanford holding of Oregon State.

5) Va Tech (17) lost East Carolina. There goes the BCS bowl game for Frank Beamer.

6) Mississippi State got Croomed. Beaten in their own game, the bull dogs stumble against Louisiana Tech. They were leading 14-9 at the half but was shutout in the second half.

7) Texas A & M lost to a Div II team at home. Arkansas State. After leading 14-3 at the half got shutout in the second half. Ark St. had 6 field goals. Final score 18-14 State. :)

8) Pitt (25) lost to Bowling Green. DW's time is up after this season.

Rutgars lost to Fresno State. Wow!! Back to Mediocre? Kentucky beat Louisville 27-2, big in-state rivalry game.

Arkansas beat Western Illinios 28-24. Had to come back from behind in the forth quarter. Barely completed a 4th and 10 at W Illinios 33 in the go ahead score. For the first time in a long time they didn't rush for 100 yards in a game. The 4th year QB Casey Dick threw for 41 attempts. That must be a record too.

Mizzou (6) beat Illinios (19) 52-42. Highest scoring game of the week. 94 in four quarters. I guess the defense didn't play a lick.
Arizona got a victory of 70-0 over Idaho. Highest margin of the week.

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2008, 09:32 AM
Week 2 matchups:
** Miami at Florida
Texas at UTEP
Houston at Oklahoma State
Cal at Washington State
Buffalo at Pittsburgh
** Pat White (West Virginia) at East Carolina
Cinci at Oklahoma
Oregon State at Penn State
Ole Miss at Wake Forrest
** Ga Tech at Boston College
** Spurrier vs Vandy

Some intriging matchup.

Beamer
September 2, 2008, 11:17 AM
T_E

Thanks thanks for the summary. You really made it easy for me bro. I was watching the UCLA-Ten game last night towards the end. What a turnabout for the QB? Four picks in the first half. Didn't know that Norm Chow is in UCLA. I thought he left USC to go to Titans ( NFL ). Well, what can I say about Pitt and DW ( another DW )? Here we go again. Lost to Bowling Green and the season is over. We should have never hired this guy. He lost everywhere he went. Dolphins, Bears..everywhere. Its fine he recruits good local players ( though couldn't get Pryor ) but he doesn't know how to develop them.

I will be waiting to see the Miami-Florida match up next week. Sunday, is opening day for me in NFL, and as always, heading to Heinz Field for game 1 to take on the Texans.

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2008, 12:01 PM
Hard to imagine Jimmy Johnson's diciple is in such a dire state. A resume that has Pitts 1976 championship, coaching Oklahoma State, USC, Dallas Cowboys daunting defense.

By the way, did you watch "Cheers" tv series? Ditka was G*d to his fans (almost literally). Filling his shoes is no easy task. Under achieved in Dolphins definitely. Nail in the coffin coming up. BUFFALO. They are strong. I am waiting for the new poll.

Beamer
September 2, 2008, 12:48 PM
yeah..That resume did it for him. He is a decent Defensive Coordinator. Not a head coach material. He is way too conservative for the offense and defense suffers because of that. They are always on the field. Buffalo will beat us and he will be gone next week...yayy..

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2008, 03:47 PM
<TABLE style="WIDTH: 210pt; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=279 border=0 x:str><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 131pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6363" width=174><COL style="WIDTH: 79pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3840" width=105><TBODY><TR style="HEIGHT: 15.75pt" height=21><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; WIDTH: 131pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 15.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" width=174 height=21>AP Top 25</TD><TD class=xl25 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; WIDTH: 79pt; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" width=105>USA Today</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>1.USC (21) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uub)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">USC (23) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uub)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>2.Georgia (20) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ggb)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">Georgia (20) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ggb)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>3.Ohio St. (15) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/oob)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Ohio St. (10) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/oob)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>4.Oklahoma (2) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ooc)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">Oklahoma (2) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ooc)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>5.Florida (5) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ffa)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Florida (3) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ffa)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>6.Missouri (1) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/mms)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">LSU (3) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/lli)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>7.LSU (1) (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/lli)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Missouri (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/mms)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>8.West Virginia (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwh)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">West Virginia (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwh)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>9.Auburn (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aar)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Texas (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/tth)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>10.Texas (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/tth)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">Auburn (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aar)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>11.Wisconsin (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwo)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Wisconsin (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwo)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>12.Texas Tech (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/tto)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">Kansas (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/kka)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>13.Alabama (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aad)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Texas Tech (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/tto)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>14.Kansas (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/kka)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">Arizona St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aam)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>15.BYU (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/bbi)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">BYU (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/bbi)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>15.Arizona St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aam)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">Oregon (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ooe)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>17.South Florida (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/sbn)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Alabama (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aad)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>18.Oregon (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ooe)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">South Florida (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/sbn)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>19.Penn St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ppb)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Penn St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ppb)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>20.Wake Forest (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwa)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">Wake Forest (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwa)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>21.Fresno St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ffe)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Fresno St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ffe)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>22.Utah (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uuc)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">Clemson (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ccl)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>23.UCLA (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uua)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Utah (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uuc)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc" height=17>24.South Carolina (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ssi)</TD><TD class=xl24 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ccffcc">South Carolina (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ssi)</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 12.75pt" height=17><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; HEIGHT: 12.75pt; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00" height=17>24.Illinois (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/iic)</TD><TD class=xl23 style="BORDER-RIGHT: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BORDER-TOP: windowtext; BORDER-LEFT: windowtext; BORDER-BOTTOM: windowtext 0.5pt solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #99cc00">Illinois (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/iic)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Surprizing jump by USC. From #3 to #1 with 1 and 2 winning comfortably? What gives? The best receiver Damien Williams played his freshman year at U of Ark. Next years Quarterback Mitch Mustain played his freshman year at U of Ark. Sad. The USC thieves just buy talents. Bush showed the way actually.

ro,
No love for Georgia even with the media. Feel sorry for you.

Looks like the Utes made the top 25. Great!! 4 teams from SEC in the top 10. Wait till the conference games start. "Dog eat dog" just like other years will begin.

Ajfar
September 2, 2008, 03:50 PM
i'm sum what luking forward to UCONN huskies season this year...cause of ramadan can't go to any of the games this month...maybe after ramandan i'll go watch when we play rutgers...if its a home game..other than that just homecomingg...

cricman
September 2, 2008, 04:26 PM
Surprizing jump by USC. From #3 to #1 with 1 and 2 winning comfortably? What gives? The best receiver Damien Williams played his freshman year at U of Ark. Next years Quarterback Mitch Mustain played his freshman year at U of Ark. Sad. The USC thieves just buy talents. Bush showed the way actually.

ro,
No love for Georgia even with the media. Feel sorry for you.

Looks like the Utes made the top 25. Great!! 4 teams from SEC in the top 10. Wait till the conference games start. "Dog eat dog" just like other years will begin.

One Team Thrashed a Team that will contend for the ACC, the other two teams played 1-AA teams, It doesn't matter whose #1 now but Ohio State can probably clinch another Nat'l title game birth if they beat USC ... They should breeze past the Big 10 and Michigan :sick:

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2008, 04:37 PM
Competing for ACC title says they are as good as Boise or Louisiana Tech a WAC member.

The difference between ACC and the top conferences will be showed by Florida hosting Miami.

As impressive USC is this year, if they face any SEC team in Nat'l title game they will lose.

For Ohio State going in to Pasadena and beating USC is not easy. I wish, hope and pray they achieve that. I agree, Big 10 is a cupcake conference barring the buckeyes.

Beamer
September 3, 2008, 10:31 AM
Who is doing the NFL thread this year? It starts tomorrow...T_E?

Tigers_eye
September 5, 2008, 04:51 PM
Ain't that something. 24 ranked USC (the other USC - South Carolina) lost to Vandy. 24-17. South Carolina in the stat sheet led in every category almost. Rushing yards was Vandy's and so was the win.

cricman
September 7, 2008, 02:00 PM
The U will be Back next year or maybe even this year, The Defense is Vintage Miami, The Offense is Meh but if they click they could be Top 5 this Year

East Carolina got the Mid Major BCS Bid if they stay focused

Tigers_eye
September 7, 2008, 03:09 PM
What a game by East Carolina. ESPN360 rules. Watched so many games all at once.
Pitt did carve out a win against Buffalo. Arkansas somehow found a way to win. The games was a sure loss at the beginning of the forth quarter.

Miami got what it deserved. Tebow will be twice as good once he gets his weapons back (3 key players missing in the offense).

The Ohio State almost got a scare while trying to look forward a week before the actual game will be played. BYU is still ranked wow!! Notre Dame did a hudini act and escaped. Arkansas State who beat Texas A & M last week, played a basketball game and scored 83 points. Win by 73. May be the highest margin this season?? South Florida escaped UCF.

Beamer
September 8, 2008, 11:47 AM
Big East is a joke. Pitt managed a win. WVU is a joke. Da U will back in a few years, if not next year. Ohio st. didn't look good. Huge game next sat for them vs USC.

Tigers_eye
September 8, 2008, 12:34 PM
1.USC (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uub) (33)

<LI class=altcolor>2.Georgia (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ggb) (23) <LI class=altcolor>3.Oklahoma (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ooc) (2)

<LI class=altcolor>4.Florida (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ffa) (4) <LI class=altcolor>5.Ohio St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/oob) (1)

<LI class=altcolor>6.Missouri (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/mms) (6) <LI class=altcolor>7.LSU (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/lli) (1)

<LI class=altcolor>8.Texas (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/tth) <LI class=altcolor>9.Auburn (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aar)

<LI class=altcolor>10.Wisconsin (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwo) <LI class=altcolor>11.Alabama (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aad)

I don't think Bama deserves such high ranking. LSU plays all of the SEC ranked team plus South Carolina and Mississippi State. Georgia also plays all of them plus Tennessee and South Carolina. Florida does not Alabama or Auburn but plays South Carolina, Florida State, Ole Miss including LSU, Georgia. So end of the championship game no SEC team can stay with 1 loss.

Mizzou is a solid team on the offense. If there defense becomes somewhat decent watchout everyone. O'khalamma won't win the big 12.

Tigers_eye
September 9, 2008, 02:48 PM
Important games in week three:
Kansas (13) visiting South Florida (19)
UCLA at BYU (18)
East Carlina (14) at Tulane
Penn St (17) at Syracuse
Oregon (16) at Perdue
Michigan at N Dame
Georgia (2) at South Carolina
Auburn (9) at Miss State
Oklahoma (3) at Washington
Ohio St (5) at USC (1)
Wisconsin (10) at Fresno State (21)

10 out of 25 ranked teams can potentially lose next week.

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2008, 10:56 AM
Important games in week three:
10 out of 25 ranked teams can potentially lose next week.
5 lost, Kansas, Cal, Ohio State, Arizona State and Fresno State.

4 escaped. Touchdown or less. Auburn and Mississippi State score was 3-2, lol. Soccer score.

Ranking:
Oklahoma over took Georgia as #2. Georgia dropped one spot to #3.
South Florida has moved up to #12. Sad to see Florida State and Miami not ranked. What has gone to College Football?
Ohio State dropped to #13 with the lopsided loss at USC. Kansas dropped to #19.

Next weeks big games:
W Virginia (25) at Colorado.
** Bama (9) visiting Arkansas.
** Florida (4) at Tennessee. Big one!! Bashabashi suru.
Utes (20) at Air Force.
Wake (18) at Florida State.
** LSU (6) at Auburn (10). Another cracker!! Loser will fall off from the championship race.
** Georgia (3) at Arizona State (24).

akabir77
September 15, 2008, 11:33 AM
Ki T_E Bhai Mizzou jey 69-13 jey jitlo kisu bollen na?

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2008, 11:58 AM
dud bhat team'er against'a. Illinois'rey haraisey tokhon tho thik'e bolsilam.

Tigers_eye
September 22, 2008, 12:51 PM
Power house are showing their metals. Georgia trashed Arizona. Florida almost made Tennessee fans bitter as ever (if that is even possible, Fulmar's going out next season, I think sacked). LSU won the Tigers battle Beating Auburn. Notre Dame a faltu team got exposed again by Michigan State. Bama just kicked Arkansas rear. Mizzou haven't played anybody yet. Ohio State is an over-rated team. W Virginia Potaisey.

Tigers_eye
September 22, 2008, 02:33 PM
Tennessee on the road facing Auburn Tigers. Both licking their wounds. Auburn should roll.

Some other big games:

Minnesota visiting Ohio State
Wisconsin at Michigan
Colorado at Fl state
Central Arkansas (Alum) at Tulsa
TCU at O'khalamma
Bama at Georgia another 10 ten matchup.
Illinois at Penn St
Va Tech at Nabraska
Fresno at UCLA

USC at Oregon St on Thursday.

CholCholBD
September 24, 2008, 05:27 AM
USC will be beat by UCLA this year. U heard it here first.

Tigers_eye
September 24, 2008, 08:37 AM
CholCholBD'r mukhey ful-chondon poruk.

Few years back it happened. Hope it repeats. However, this USC team is better than the Bush-Lienart's team. They have the best route runner in the Nation. Damien Williams.

Tehsin
September 24, 2008, 09:50 PM
In case ou guys missed it: http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=853757
Yahoo - Jaw dropping touchdownn by Georgia star. Watch the vdo.

cricman
September 25, 2008, 09:36 PM
No National Title Game for USC :D

Tigers_eye
September 26, 2008, 09:11 AM
No National Title Game for USC :D
Now now!! You do not know how well Carroll can persue the media. They will call it as one off game. Don't think Oregon State will end up at Rose bowl (meaning Pac-10 champs). After all under his watch Bush was getting his college perks.

Good on the beavers. 1st major upset for the season (Michigan losing openers every year is not an upset and East Carolina is that good). Oklahoma will take over as #1 unless they go down also.

Beamer
September 26, 2008, 10:04 AM
Had to stay up and watch the game till late. Couldn't believe that Penn St beat the same Beavers. Anyway, its great news for SEC, or maybe even for Big Ten.

T_E : Damien Williams a transfer from Arkansas? why?

Tigers_eye
September 26, 2008, 10:43 AM
Had to stay up and watch the game till late. Couldn't believe that Penn St beat the same Beavers. Anyway, its great news for SEC, or maybe even for Big Ten.

T_E : Damien Williams a transfer from Arkansas? why?
Not only DW, also USCs next year's QB Mitch Mustain, an Arkansas transfer.

These two boys were from Fayetteville (sprindale highschool) coached by then highschool coach Gus Malzahn (a brilliant offensive mind). With three more division I prospect he built a program that was unstoppable (highschool level). 2005-06 Houston Nutt was the coach. With a losing season the year before it was imperative for Houston to get the home grown talent to come to Arkansas. So he gave the Gus a job as the offensive co-ordinator and got 4 of the five talent. Mitch was #1 in the nation QB. DW was #2 or #3 WR in the nation. The soap opera began.

Gus wanted his high powered highschool schemes install in Arkansas. Nutt (An Arkansas QB one time) had his old not to lose mentality. Arkansas by then a team marvelled by the running game never could give Gus the free reigns of the offense. He left for Tulsa. The QB had trouble getting playing time (there was some hate emails and ab-jab stuff) and wanted to transfer to USC. Nutt released him. Soon his best receiver followed his QB to USC. Pete Carroll at the time of 05 recruiting came to Fayetteville few times to get these boys. So he was happy to receive them in open arms.

Now Houston is coaching Mississippi. Gus is the offensive Co-ordinator of Tulsa (I think they have one of the top offenses in the nation if not the best). Mitch and Damien at USC.

Rommel
September 26, 2008, 02:25 PM
Now now!! You do not know how well Carroll can persue the media. They will call it as one off game. Don't think Oregon State will end up at Rose bowl (meaning Pac-10 champs). After all under his watch Bush was getting his college perks.

Good on the beavers. 1st major upset for the season (Michigan losing openers every year is not an upset and East Carolina is that good). Oklahoma will take over as #1 unless they go down also.

No way. If we beat Bama tomorrow, then we will be #1 for sure. Oklahoma hasn't played ANYONE

Tigers_eye
September 26, 2008, 02:50 PM
No way. If we beat Bama tomorrow, then we will be #1 for sure. Oklahoma hasn't played ANYONE
Polls don't work like that. As long as O'khalamma beats TCU (24) by 2 touchdown or more The Dawgs can't be #1 this week. Media and everyone don't give Dawgs enough credit I concur. Whereas, Gators and Tigers (LSU) get more votes from their reputation. By the way, Bama is no pushover. Their defensive front is bad. 360 pounder clogging the middle.

It really doesn't matter who is #1 now. It matters in Week 12.

CholCholBD
September 27, 2008, 03:38 AM
Yes sir the honor for the most overrated team in college football After USC is definitely my southern bulldog, the Georgians of the confederate South. After barely surviving some 'cocks (gamecocks, no pun intended) who choked at the climax touchdown line, I cant wait for Georgia's bubble to burst. Even if u survive 'bama, Tennessee pou me sum hennessey, sum tigers, sum gators, some auburn mist and some Gtech sting bees or watever they are coming at you...so beware...bulldog?! ..lol:-p

cricman
September 27, 2008, 04:24 PM
:wave: Florida ... We won't be seeing you in January

Rommel
September 27, 2008, 04:29 PM
Yes sir the honor for the most overrated team in college football After USC is definitely my southern bulldog, the Georgians of the confederate South. After barely surviving some 'cocks (gamecocks, no pun intended) who choked at the climax touchdown line, I cant wait for Georgia's bubble to burst. Even if u survive 'bama, Tennessee pou me sum hennessey, sum tigers, sum gators, some auburn mist and some Gtech sting bees or watever they are coming at you...so beware...bulldog?! ..lol:-p

yea we struggled against South Carolina, but winning ugly is better than losing. Just ask USC and Florida:-D.

Rommel
September 27, 2008, 08:21 PM
wow I feel dumb. 31-0 at halftime is INEXCUSABLE.

CholCholBD
September 27, 2008, 11:38 PM
LOL I guess u r eating ur words now arent u Georgia warrior? Lol ughhh that was kinda....ugly

CholCholBD
September 27, 2008, 11:51 PM
I absolutely love it when people talk so much before a game...hopes of #1 LOL!

2 hours later they get their teeth rearranged LMAO!!

CholCholBD
September 27, 2008, 11:57 PM
and then there was this comment a few days back....

this USC team is better than the Bush-Lienart's team.

"East Carolina is that good"

..............yea. yup yup yup.:floor::floor::floor:

Rommel
September 28, 2008, 02:41 PM
LOL I guess u r eating ur words now arent u Georgia warrior? Lol ughhh that was kinda....ugly

you'll be eating your words once UGA wins the rest of their games and wins the National Championship!

CholCholBD
September 28, 2008, 10:07 PM
my southern friend, let me give u a reality check: U have beaten no one in 4 weeks other than an overrated ASU who were man handled by UNLV?! lol before coming to u.

FAct is here is what ur schedule looks like week by week:

Even ur wins again the lower tiers were no blowouts...the chance of Georgia making it in the National Championship is as much as my beloved southern bell Arkansas having a respectable season.

CholCholBD
September 28, 2008, 10:16 PM
Oklahoma vs LSU for the national championship.

Tigers_eye
September 29, 2008, 08:55 AM
And UCLA lost at home to Fresno? Their season is cooked already unlike the southerners who have an extra game in their championship game.
"East Carolina is that good"

..............yea. yup yup yup.:floor::floor::floor:
East Carolina who? Last checked the Houston is a no body.

USC just had a one bad game. They will still win the PAC 10. A rose bowl or National Title game is still very well within reach with their soft schedule. I do not like USC. I want them to lose every game. Yet I know the reality unlike some.

No matter what you say about the SEC go ahead and please find out how many National Champion Coaches are there (Not even counting the coaches of Auburn, Georgia, Arkansas, Ole Miss). PAC-10, Big-12, Big ten, Big east, Conference USA, MAC etc. combined just equals them.

SEC is the "DOG EAT DOG" conference.

Tigers_eye
September 29, 2008, 08:58 AM
Oklahoma vs LSU for the national championship.
Unless Mizzou, Texas, Bama, USC, Florida and hosts of others has something to say. This is only week 4. The season is still young. Good picks though.

CholCholBD
October 1, 2008, 04:26 AM
I never said I dont like the SEC

In fact, the beauty of that conference is that there can not be a clear decisive winner year in year out.
And being an under dog favorite all of my life...naturally my instinct is to celebrate as those beautiful AP rankings next to the name of the higher seed looks like a joke in the box score.

The point is no one in the top ten should be able to get away without one loss in the column. If they dont lose, they didnt challenge themselves enough.

What i hate most is media monopoly...USC is the best example. It leads to unfortunate bias...I hate when people say things like, "Geargia is unbeatable, USC is semi professional"..its hype like this that boils my blood and I wouldnt mind if some small time school breaks all the time.

My favorite is still Appalachian State over Michigan, followed closely by Old Miss over The Natural's Florida.

CholCholBD
October 1, 2008, 04:33 AM
btw tigers_eye, i was quoting u about east carolina...u said earlier in post#47 before East Carolina lost...that they were "that good"..i was just pointing the obvious...

Tigers_eye
October 1, 2008, 08:45 AM
Mis-understood you. No problem. We are all in the same boat supporting the underdogs.

+++

LSU will lose, so will Bama. No SEC team will go undefeated. Houston Nutt is former Arkansas coach (went there this year). So you know how much I enjoyed the loss of Gators. My Arkansas team will not win any games this season. Even against Tulsa at home (embarrasing). However, in 2/3 years they will win 9/10 games in SEC.

Tigers_eye
October 3, 2008, 11:45 AM
Pitt upsets #10 South Florida. 26-21. Wannstedt stays. :)

Beamer
October 4, 2008, 10:37 AM
Pitt upsets #10 South Florida. 26-21. Wannstedt stays. :)

LeSean 'shady' McCoy baby..what a superb back...Wannstedt wasn't too conservative much to my joy. A turning point maybe for our program. Big East is so weak this year. Maybe we will go to a bowl game this year.Unthinkable even a few weeks ago !

Tigers_eye
October 6, 2008, 11:02 AM
Mizzou made a statement. Texas faces OU and Mizzou back to back weeks. Then they face two more ranked opponents Ok St (cowboys) and Texas Tech. Five ranked teams in 6 weeks. :) The Big 12 circus begins!!

Bama holds on to win the ball game at home against Kentucky 17-14. Not for long though. season will finish with two losses at least. LSU had a bye week. Next week at Florida, at South Carolina, hosting Georgia, Alabama.

Huskies, Auburn, Fresno St got stunned by North Carolina, Vandy and Hawaii respectively. Ohio State wins at Wisconsin. Wild win for Kansas at Ames Iowa. Penn State goes by Purdue Boiler Makers.

New ranking after week 6.

1.Oklahoma (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ooc) (51)

<LI class=altcolor>2.Alabama (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aad) (13) <LI class=altcolor>3.Missouri (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/mms) (1)

<LI class=altcolor>4.LSU (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/lli) <LI class=altcolor>5.Texas (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/tth)

<LI class=altcolor>6.Penn St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ppb) <LI class=altcolor>7.Texas Tech (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/tto)

<LI class=altcolor>8.USC (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uub) <LI class=altcolor>9.BYU (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/bbi)

<LI class=altcolor>10.Georgia (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ggb) <LI class=altcolor>11.Florida (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ffa)

<LI class=altcolor>12.Ohio St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/oob) <LI class=altcolor>13.Vanderbilt (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/vva)

<LI class=altcolor>14.Utah (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uuc) <LI class=altcolor>15.Boise St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/bbe)

<LI class=altcolor>16.Kansas (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/kka) <LI class=altcolor>17.Oklahoma St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ood)

<LI class=altcolor>18.Virginia Tech (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/vvd) <LI class=altcolor>19.South Florida (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/sbn)

<LI class=altcolor>20.Auburn (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aar) <LI class=altcolor>21.Wake Forest (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwa)

<LI class=altcolor>22.North Carolina (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nnl) <LI class=altcolor>23.Michigan St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/mml)

<LI class=altcolor>24.Pittsburgh (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ppd) <LI class=altcolor>25.Ball St. (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/bba)

Tigers_eye
October 13, 2008, 09:31 AM
What chockers we have? (1) O'khalamma lost to Texas. (3) Mizzou lost to Okhalamma State. (5) LSU lost to Florida.

This opens door to Penn State, USC (back in the hunt), Texas Tech.

(13) Vandy got their rear handed in at Mississippi State. (20) Auburn lost to lowly Arkansas at home.

Dawgs got by Tennesse with ease at home.

++
Next week we have some great games.

Georgia will face vandy at home. Kansas visiting Oklahoma, Ohio state at Spartans, Mizzou at Austin, LSU at South Carolina, Cal at Arizona, Va tech at Boston College, Michigan at Penn St, USC at Washington State, Pittsburgh visiting Navy, North Carolina at Virginia.

The new AP poll shows:
Texas
Bama
Penn St.
Oklahoma
Florida
USC
Texas Tech
Oklahoma St.
BYU
Georgia

Rommel
October 13, 2008, 09:42 AM
Man why did Vandy lose? Now when we kill them, it won't look as good!:-D Just kidding, Vandy is a good team and they beat us 2 years ago at home so we have got to show up for this one. Yeah we are still #10 but I have no doubt that if we win out, we'll be in the top 2. Still got Vandy, LSU, Florida, Auburn, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, and maybe Alabama again in the SEC Championship. Its gonna be tough but if we can get on a roll like last season, watch out...

Tigers_eye
October 17, 2008, 11:35 AM
#9 BYU goes down. They had their (nations longest) winning streak snapped by TCU.

Rommel
October 17, 2008, 02:27 PM
#9 BYU goes down. They had their (nations longest) winning streak snapped by TCU.

Can i hear someone say...... OVERRATED!!!!:D

Tigers_eye
October 20, 2008, 10:27 AM
Forget the turnovers, forget the drive stalling penulties, 4 minutes left with 20-7 lead, how can one lose? Arkansas showed how it is done at Kentucky. grrr!!

Major upsets:
(21) Wake lost at Maryland 0-26.
Iowa beat Wisconsin 38-16, Go Hawkeyes.
Virginia beat Butch Davis's (18) UNC.
Bama got a scare from Ole Miss 24-20.
No bowl games for Michigan for sure.
Mizzou could not take the heat against Texas. Long horns are in the driving seat. McCoy coming of his own. Most likely can run the table and go undefeated. Three of the next four games are crucial. At home against (8) Oklahoma state, then at (7) Texas Tech (big one), and two weeks later at (19) Kansas. A Loss and USC is a lock for championship game.

Next week we have crackers:

(3) Penn St. and Joe Pa will visit (10) Ohio State. If the Nittany Lions can manage they are a lock for the national title game. Who would have thought? There defense is playing great. I hope they win out.

(6) USC visiting Arizona. Come on Wild cats!!!

(2) Bama at Tennessee. The crowd should be a big factor. Saban is running thin on their roster. Fulmar keeps his job if he can upset Bama.

(1) Texas hosting the (8) Cowboys!! Anything can happen. Texas is in a must win situation from here on out.

(11) LSU greets (9) Georgia. Biggest game so far in SEC this season. Dawgs and Tigers. A loss and they are half way out the SEC championship game.

(18) Kansas hosting (7)Texas Tech. Another important game for big 12. If Texas Tech rolls on the road next game against Texas will have huge implecations.

Rommel
October 20, 2008, 02:42 PM
Yea the LSU game will be tough. We will have to come out and play a lot better than we did against Vandy to get out with a win.

Tigers_eye
October 27, 2008, 01:05 PM
With SEC beating out each other, Big 12 gained ground. They have five ranked team now. Four from the east side. Texas, TTech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St. from the south, Mizzou from the north, kansas got dropped. Big ten the weakest among the major conference has four. Penn St. is vertually a lock for the National championship game. What a farse. With Wisconsin and Michigan realing that conference has only two team that would have a winnings record in SEC.

USC is sneaking up on everyone. I hope Texas Tech wins it all in the big 12 championship. If not Texas goes undefeated. That way two unbeaten team would play at the national championship game. Now if Bama can remain healthy and beat LSU they will more than likely play Penn State in the finals.

When would college football adapt a playoffs????

cricman
October 27, 2008, 02:38 PM
Penn St. Is Legit though .... The Pac 10 = Pac 9 + 1 ... USC Struggled to Beat Arizona and Penn State Blew Out Oregon State which beat USC.

It's very Hard to go Columbus and Beat Ohio State ... People are gonna expect a Blowout in the Nat'l Title Game but thats not gonna Happen.

Penn St will win it all and Pull off the Upset like Ohio State and Texas Did in the NC Game

Tigers_eye
October 27, 2008, 03:20 PM
If Penn St faces Florida, Georgia, Texas, Mizzuo, Texas Tech, USC, LSU even Oklahoma/Ok State, they (Penn St) would go down. Who knows even Tulsa can hang 50 on anyone as they are rolling now.

The only shot Penn State has at the national championship is against Alabama. They matchup well with them. Mano against Mano and Alabama may run the table, who knows and may end up in the championship game. Lots of games still to be played though.

Penn State were down against Ohio St most of the game. What USC did to Ohio State last two years we all saw.

Big 10 always have big of everything. (Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State) Big linemen, big backs. All other conference (championship contenders) have speed. Too much of speed (Florida, Georgia, LSU, USC). TTech and Tulsa are all about schemes and mismatches.

Having said all that, it is not Penn State's fault that their conference has weakened this season.

Rommel
October 27, 2008, 03:44 PM
HUGE game this week against the Gators. Hopefully we can make Tebow cry and win a blowout.

Tigers_eye
October 27, 2008, 03:51 PM
HUGE game this week against the Gators. Hopefully we can make Tebow cry and win a blowout.
Do you get tickets?

How many days you have to camp out for home games to get in?

Three very important games:

SEC: (5) Florida at (9) Georgia
ACC: (24) Florida State at (21) Georgia Tech
Big 12: (1) Texas at (6) Texas Tech

Rommel
October 27, 2008, 08:04 PM
Do you get tickets?

How many days you have to camp out for home games to get in?

Three very important games:

SEC: (5) Florida at (9) Georgia
ACC: (24) Florida State at (21) Georgia Tech
Big 12: (1) Texas at (6) Texas Tech

Naw man I wish I had tickets. Try Stubhub.

Tigers_eye
October 31, 2008, 04:35 PM
This is it. This is the weak that decides fate for lots of teams. We still have few important games in the coming week but this is the big one for SEC, Big 12. That would decide if USC has any shot at the title or not. If Texas wins then it is over for USC. We will have Texas vs Penn State at Miami.

If Tech wins then lots of teams can breathe a little. Like Oklahoma, USC, even Georgia-Florida winner.

Rommel
November 1, 2008, 02:28 PM
UGA-FL game about to start. I'm excited and nervous as well. Knowshon Moreno is the key to this game. If he can rush for over 100 yards, I see us getting out of Jacksonville with a W. If the Gators can contain Knowshon, it will be a long day for us...

Rommel
November 1, 2008, 05:36 PM
There goes our season...

I am still wondering why the hell we get blown out in our two biggest games all year! I mean we should at least compete. I will not be surprised if we lose another 2 games this year. This is simply inexcusable and pathetic.

Tigers_eye
November 1, 2008, 06:41 PM
There goes our season...

I am still wondering why the hell we get blown out in our two biggest games all year! I mean we should at least compete. I will not be surprised if we lose another 2 games this year. This is simply inexcusable and pathetic.
Don't get hard on yourself. I watched the game. 14-3 at the half still the game was on. Two Florida cheap shot changed the game. The one in the second half where Georgia was driving down the throat of the Gators and the interception return of 80 yard occured, The defensive player wrapped his hand around the receiver and had the leverage to under cut him and make the play. The referees missed it completely. 14 point swing!! Then the Tebow Pass 44 yard touchdown that should have been offensive holding 10 yard penalty. Refs missed it again. The game was over after that. Garbage scoring only matters for stats and Tebow's Heisman chances. Bama Florida will be a good game SEC Championship.

I watched Notre Dame - Pitt game (overtimes). Hats of the the Walker kid (ND kicker) who were 80% in the game. Coming in to the game he made less than 50%. Uncle Dave can breathe a little east. Big East looks like a lock.

Tulsa undefeated so far played a heck of a game against Arkansas but came a little short. They averaged 56.7 points, 626+ yards per game coming in. Arkansas won with their defense and special teams (kick off return game winning touchdown in the 3rd Quarter). Tulsa for the first time this year couldn't score in one quarter. The streak of 40 quarters scoring ended.

Awaiting for Texas - Texas Tech.

Rommel
November 1, 2008, 09:53 PM
Don't get hard on yourself. I watched the game. 14-3 at the half still the game was on. Two Florida cheap shot changed the game. The one in the second half where Georgia was driving down the throat of the Gators and the interception return of 80 yard occured, The defensive player wrapped his hand around the receiver and had the leverage to under cut him and make the play. The referees missed it completely. 14 point swing!! Then the Tebow Pass 44 yard touchdown that should have been offensive holding 10 yard penalty. Refs missed it again. The game was over after that. Garbage scoring only matters for stats and Tebow's Heisman chances. Bama Florida will be a good game SEC Championship.

I watched Notre Dame - Pitt game (overtimes). Hats of the the Walker kid (ND kicker) who were 80% in the game. Coming in to the game he made less than 50%. Uncle Dave can breathe a little east. Big East looks like a lock.

Tulsa undefeated so far played a heck of a game against Arkansas but came a little short. They averaged 56.7 points, 626+ yards per game coming in. Arkansas won with their defense and special teams (kick off return game winning touchdown in the 3rd Quarter). Tulsa for the first time this year couldn't score in one quarter. The streak of 40 quarters scoring ended.

Awaiting for Texas - Texas Tech.

Yea the refs did not help but we still made some dumb mistakes. Those two missed FGs in the 1st half KILLED us imo. We lost all momentum after that.

On a happy note, it looks like Texas Tech is gonna pull of the upset against Texas even though I don't know how big of an upset it really is. Texas Tech is really really good and its in their own backyard. Graem Harrel for Heisman and how about that walk on kicker!

Tigers_eye
November 1, 2008, 11:02 PM
new #1 baby!!

what a game!! I thought 1:29 at the clock was too much time for Texas Tech. And it was they score 1:28 and did not use their last remaining time out. wow!!

Bama!! Has a huge game next week at LSU and I think they will lose. Texas Tech will host Oklahoma State next week another huge game and then will visit Oklahoma who are on a roll.

Florida sitting pretty now. Play offs play offs play offs!!! Come on!!

Beamer
November 2, 2008, 10:35 AM
What a win by Pitt vs ND. Our QB's are probably the worst in all of NCAA Div 1. But, we have LeSean "shady" McCoy! What a super sophomore RB he is. ND knew he was the only offense, still he racked up 169 yds, his fifth game of 140+yds. Great win for uncle Dave..

Saw a bit of Texas- Texas Tech game. Unbelievable finish.

Tigers_eye
November 3, 2008, 10:05 AM
L McCoy is fast, small and strong. Next year he should be better.

Michael Crabtree: Coming in to the texas game I thought he was over rated. In the game, time and again I saw him catching the ball and not tucking it in. He is strong no doubt but that type of technic will not work in NFL. He will be a turnover prone big play guy. These type of players can not last long in the NFL unless they change their style. Unbelievable play at the end of the game. I think Texas Tech has what it takes to beat the Cowboys!! However, they may go down against the Sooners at Norman. That may open up Big 12 North to a three way tie. Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma all with one loss one beating another. Mizzou didn't look convincing against Baylor 31-28. Oklahoma putting up some serious numbers.

SEC, Bama faces LSU at the Bayou. Huge game for the Crimson Tide. I like John Parker Wilson. Been seeing him from his freshman year. Great kid. His senior leadership should take Bama over the top. Saban coming back to Bayou this should be very close.

Tigers_eye
November 3, 2008, 02:05 PM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-tennessee-fulmer&prov=ap&type=lgns
Fulmer out after this season. So a major shakeup will happen in the off season. A prestise SEC school will look for a Head coach. Where is that Kiffin (Oakland) dude?

Fulmer has won a National Championship at Tennessee in 1998. 150-51 wins in 16 years. They started this season as a ranked team and had aspiration to get to National Championship game. With Florida, Georgia, South Carolina all wanting to that some teams had to suffer.

Tennessee remains a great recruiting ground and has huge talent (in state) base. The next coach should get the program going in no time.
Fulmer signed a new seven-year contract in the summer which was worth $2.4 million this season. A buyout of the contract after this season would cost $6 million.
The contract was to be worth an average $3 million annually over the next seven seasons with built-in raises each season, raises for an SEC championship or BCS bowl appearance and an automatic one-year extension for every eight-win season.

Beamer
November 3, 2008, 03:14 PM
Sigh of relief that Penn State is not in top two. I would hate nothing more than Penn State playing in the national championship game and having a shot at winning it. They do have a cupcake schedule though going forward.

Tigers_eye
November 3, 2008, 03:28 PM
Sigh of relief that Penn State is not in top two. I would hate nothing more than Penn State playing in the national championship game and having a shot at winning it. They do have a cupcake schedule though going forward.
No matter what happens, as long as Penn State don't lose to the remaining cupcake teams, they are a lock for Miami (National Title game). No one can remove them from there. Florida, Oklahoma, USC, Texas, Texas Tech (still undefeated but will face Oklahoma and Oklahoma State and possible Missouri), Alabama (will face LSU and possibly Florida) - All potential for the Title game will fight for one spot.

However, Joe Pa will be embarrassed by any of these teams. Like his other 3 undefeated teams didn't get the national title. This one will not remain undefeated for sure (losing in the college Super bowl).

cricman
November 3, 2008, 03:32 PM
You guys are underestimating Penn State big time, Don't let the Ohio State Beatdowns cloud your judgement. This Team has SEC Speed on Both Sides of the Ball

Once you Give a Coach 1 month To Prepare for a Bowl Game all bets are off

Florida Lost to Michigan Last Year!

Everyone in the ACC Still has a chance to go to a BCS Bowl game

Crabtree reminds me Randy Moss dude is a monster

Tigers_eye
November 3, 2008, 04:21 PM
By everyone's evaluation before the season began this was Ohio State's year not Penn State's. That one game changed everything. Wisconsin is weak, Minn is fluke (from 1-11 last season), Illinois can't compete with the elite, who else is left in big 10? Victory against Oregon State means nothing. They are not challenging Pac 10 title anyways. USC sleeps one week and OSU upends them.

Florida last year (2007) couldn't believe that they couldn't go to SEC championship game. They were #3 in their division, #5 in the their conference. Tenn lost to LSU at Atlanta SEC Championship game. Georgia ended up #2 ranking behind LSU. Even D Mac-Felix Jones Arkansas was ahead of them. Gators weren't ready to play cause their season goal was lost and they knew they could not defend their title (2006).

On the other hand, Lloyd Carr's last game Michigan played their hearts out. No conference has SEC speed. Specially Penn State, Ohio State or Michigan. We all saw what happens when Big 10 team when resting over one month (Ohio State). Even Mizzou will dance around Penn State circles and put up Kurt Warner type scores. I have said it before and will say it again, the only team Penn State can have a long shot to beat is Alabama in the current top ten teams. Alabama may end up in Miami and only they we will have a great BCS Championship game.

Tigers_eye
November 10, 2008, 11:22 AM
What a week of college football we saw. Florida gators (9-1) locked up SEC west title, Alabama crimson Tide (10-0) locked up SEC east title. Now the SEC champion whoever may be will be in Miami playing for the national title. Half of the puzzle solved.

The other half is still up in the air. A number of teams have a shot at it. Only Texas Tech holds destiny on their hand. Win out and they are in. Next week is the biggest test for them. Bigger than playing #1 Texas couple of weeks back or beating the day light of #8 Oklahoma State at home. At Norman, Sooner nation will be ready to greet the #2 team in the nation this week. Red raiders are having a killer year in away games they are winning by almost 30 points. However, this is Oklahoma. Proud with tradition, with one of the best defense in the nation and a balanced offense that can not be stopped but only contained. If Crabtree and Harroll thinks they are the best combo and their receiving core is the best in nation one must think again. Bradford himself is a superstar and with big offensive line I think this will be a shootout. Who ever holds the ball at the end would win the game. This game is poised to have a 60-65 type score. Truly unbelievable. Texas fans will be watching this game closely they may jump these two teams if Tech loses to Oklahoma. For Tech, Texas and Oklahoma; Missouri awaits for another chance to upset the whole BCS system.

USC would love to see a mess in Big 12 just so that they can sneak in from the back door. However, they also need help from their Pac-10 teams Arizona (away) , Cal and Oregon. All three teams have a shot Oregon State who is unranked in BCS poll. If Oregon State wins out, bye bye USC.

This whole BCS system is a mess. We need a play offs. If Div III schools can have a playoffs then why not Div I? This bowl game, money, traveling crowd is all bull crap. "Yes, we can!!" Go Obama and change the system. Them white old folks needs to get a hard knock on their rear. Give it up Pac-10 and Big-10 commissioners. You are not progessive.

Beamer
November 10, 2008, 01:17 PM
Penn St lost..yeah..Thats all I wanted. Do not want to see them in Championship game. Take that Joe pa..

My Pitt beat Louisville. WVU also lost. Big East could be ours..

Tigers_eye
November 17, 2008, 01:25 PM
No major upset this week in the top ten. Huge game coming up for Texas Tech and Oklahoma.If Tech wins then truly they have arrived in the big seen and Oklahoma chokers are wannabes. Stoops can't deliver the big one.

If the Sooners win then future Big 12 games become more important (Following week Sooners visit the Cowboys). Remember three way tie is possible in the Big 12 South. In that case, the highest ranked team moves to the championship game. I think it would be Oklahoma overtaking Texas if they can win out.

Oregon State is making some noise. They win out and they go to the rose bowl. USC gets shafted to another BCS bowl and major shakeup on the projection of the bowl teams.

Florida day by day looking like upstoppable. Handed Spurrier "the ol' ball coach" Mr. Florida his worst defeat. Seminols are looking like mediocre while facing the challenge to stop Tim tebow and Co. Bama has still ways to go to compete with the Gators who are firing in all cylinders. Florida-Texas Tech, Florida-Texas, Florida-Oklahoma, Florida-USC all looks great final BCS game. I know Saban and Tide can change all this if they show up and perform at the highest level.

Rommel
November 17, 2008, 07:14 PM
Dawgs are lookin worse week by week. We struggled to beat a pretty bad Auburn team. This might be the year we lose to Tech...

Tigers_eye
November 24, 2008, 05:12 PM
O'khalamma under the national spotlight didn't choke. wow!!! Beat Texas Tech 65-21. So now all three team tied for the south title (Big12). Right now as it stands Oklahoma has the best shot to play Mizzou. Now if they lose to Oklahoma state next week who are 9-2, then Texas Tech plays in the Big 12 championship game against Mizzou. Texas is out anyways in the Big 12 championship game. However, if Mizzou wins the championship game we will have a huge BCS mess. This is two weeks from now so we shouldn't worry now. Let the game begin.

Rivalry weekend:
(1)Alabama - Auburn (in-state)
(13) Georgia - (22) Georgia Tech
(2) Florida - (23) Florida State
(19) Oregon - (17) Oregon State : Huge Huge game for State. They win they knock off USC from the rose bowl at Pasadena.
(3) Texas - Texas A & M
(25) Mississippi - Mississippi State
Arkansas - LSU
(20) Pitt - W Virginia
Virginia - Virginia Tech
(4) Oklahoma - (11) Oklahoma State

Beamer
November 25, 2008, 01:46 PM
We lost to Cincinnati. Pissed about that. There goes the Big East title and a bowl game..

cricman
November 25, 2008, 01:53 PM
If FSU beats Florida and Florida beats Alabama than your gonna have some real fun in the BCS.

Oregon State is Gonna Win the Pac-10 (So USC is Screwed), Texas Can't Win the Big 12, Woudln;t Surprise me if Penn State found a Way to get in the Title Game

Rommel
November 25, 2008, 07:25 PM
This years Georgia vs. Georgia Tech game might be one of the best ones in a while. Hopefully we can stop Tech's "Perfect Option"

Rommel
November 29, 2008, 10:31 PM
Dawgs have hit rock bottom...

Rommel
December 6, 2008, 03:18 PM
What happened guys? Today is one of the most important days of the season and there have been no posts about it!

cricman
December 6, 2008, 09:06 PM
Florida won, but I was really impressed by Alabama (I wouldn't mind seeing a rematch)

Oklahoma up 10 now on Mizzu

Ajfar
December 7, 2008, 10:59 AM
bigeast teams r horrible...i just realized that yesterday...

Electrequiem
December 8, 2008, 12:31 AM
As much as I hate Florida (with deep, deep, deep passion), I think their football team this season is nothing short of phenomenal.

With that said...I hope the Sooners destroy the Gators. I might even be in the stadium to see the game.

Rommel
December 8, 2008, 09:21 PM
As much as I hate Florida (with deep, deep, deep passion), I think their football team this season is nothing short of phenomenal.

With that said...I hope the Sooners destroy the Gators. I might even be in the stadium to see the game.

Luckyyyyyyyyyy. Its going to be a great game. I'm hoping Oklahoma doesn't choke again!

Electrequiem
December 8, 2008, 10:16 PM
Luckyyyyyyyyyy. Its going to be a great game. I'm hoping Oklahoma doesn't choke again!

They better not...I would be absolutely PISSED if the Gators won. ARGH.

and I can't wait for my Hurricanes to come back...it's about damn time! Where are the days when the sheer name of the Miami Hurricanes would drench everyone with a cold sweat?

Watch the Hurricanes at the Emerald Bowl...Dec 27th! Berkeley is going down!

Electrequiem
December 14, 2008, 12:37 AM
Much to my pleasure, Sam Bradford of OU takes the 2008 Heisman Trophy. Congrats, Sam!

I am INCREDIBLY glad Tebow didn't take it this year.

Rommel
December 14, 2008, 09:50 AM
Much to my pleasure, Sam Bradford of OU takes the 2008 Heisman Trophy. Congrats, Sam!

I am INCREDIBLY glad Tebow didn't take it this year.

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised that Bradford won. I thought it was going to be between McCoy and Tebow. Thank god it wasn't Tebow!

Electrequiem
December 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
Now Bradford needs to go and ravage the Gators...

Ajfar
December 24, 2008, 11:31 AM
i dn't understand the bowl games....do all college teams play bowl games or only some??

Electrequiem
December 27, 2008, 12:38 PM
i dn't understand the bowl games....do all college teams play bowl games or only some??

Only some college teams qualify. Generally, a 6-6 season qualifies a team for one of the 34 (?) bowl games.

Speaking of bowl games... DO WATCH "The Emerald Bowl" tonight. The Legendary Miami Hurricanes vs California Golden Bears.

THE BEARS ARE GOING DOWN!

Rommel
December 27, 2008, 01:58 PM
All these early bowl games are so stupid. Just waiting for the real bowl games to begin (BCS).

Electrequiem
December 27, 2008, 09:38 PM
Anyone watching the Miami vs. Cal Bears game? That Jahvid Best is a BEAST. I still have faith in my Canes, though!

Rommel
December 28, 2008, 01:05 AM
Anyone watching the Miami vs. Cal Bears game? That Jahvid Best is a BEAST. I still have faith in my Canes, though!

Sorry about your loss man. Maybe next year for the Canes. You guys have a TON of young talent. I can see you winning the ACC easily next year.

Electrequiem
December 28, 2008, 07:25 PM
Sorry about your loss man. Maybe next year for the Canes. You guys have a TON of young talent. I can see you winning the ACC easily next year.

Yeah man...I hope so. We have to get our thugishness back :D

ITS ALL ABOUT THE U!

Electrequiem
January 1, 2009, 01:20 PM
Patrick Nix, the off-coord of the Hurricanes, got canned last week. No big surprises there.

cricman
January 1, 2009, 03:13 PM
Rose Bowl in a few hours

cricman
January 3, 2009, 04:38 PM
Them Mormons are gonna be Numero UNO in the AP

Electrequiem
January 9, 2009, 12:39 AM
Damn Gators...

Tigers_eye
January 9, 2009, 10:42 AM
Congrats SEC!! Speed, speed and speed. Size is so over-rated Big 10.

Congrats Big 12 for making college football more interesting this year. Looking forward to next year. Go Hogs.

Electrequiem
January 9, 2009, 01:01 PM
Congrats SEC!! Speed, speed and speed. Size is so over-rated Big 10.

Congrats Big 12 for making college football more interesting this year. Looking forward to next year. Go Hogs.

Did you feel the BCS Championship Game was interesting? I was expecting a score fest, but it turned out to be ... kind of boring!

Tigers_eye
January 9, 2009, 01:07 PM
Did you feel the BCS Championship Game was interesting? I was expecting a score fest, but it turned out to be ... kind of boring!
1) I didn't (couldn't) watch the game. However, went over the play by play list today.

2) Defense is part of the game and I love defensive teams. Only exception may be the Colts (Tony Dunge is a defensive coach) and St. Louis Rams with Warner.

3) I had no problem with the score 2-0 Auburn-Miss State game this year.

Offense gets the glory but defense wins championships. Most sports.

Electrequiem
January 9, 2009, 03:14 PM
1) I didn't (couldn't) watch the game. However, went over the play by play list today.

2) Defense is part of the game and I love defensive teams. Only exception may be the Colts (Tony Dunge is a defensive coach) and St. Louis Rams with Warner.

3) I had no problem with the score 2-0 Auburn-Miss State game this year.

Offense gets the glory but defense wins championships. Most sports.

True. I enjoy defensive plays as well. But the championship game had two teams who averaged 55 and 45 points per game this whole season. That simply didn't materialize in the game. Plus, the scores were low not due to a really good defense, but some really "noob" mistakes by the offense. I mean, you have two QBs who combined had 3 turnovers the whole season, and this game alone saw 4 in total.

Tigers_eye
January 9, 2009, 03:43 PM
True. I enjoy defensive plays as well. But the championship game had two teams who averaged 55 and 45 points per game this whole season. That simply didn't materialize in the game. Plus, the scores were low not due to a really good defense, but some really "noob" mistakes by the offense. I mean, you have two QBs who combined had 3 turnovers the whole season, and this game alone saw 4 in total.
When teams have two weeks+ off the rustiness sits in. Recall Ohio State's pasting by the Gators. Also big game gitterness can cause a team unacceptable mistakes. Luckily for the gators the turnover evened out. Playoffs is the only way to go. But we can't solve the issue cause BCS just had a TV deal for the next 5/6 years. So we have to live with it.

cricman
January 9, 2009, 04:17 PM
Apperently ... Tim Tebow can cure cancer

Harvin was the real MVP of the game

Idiot OU receivers dropping Catches as if they were Juniad Siddique at Slip and than the ball magically found it's way to a DB.

Should have Pass the ball on 4th & 1

Welcome Back T_E!

Electrequiem
February 5, 2009, 12:46 AM
National Signing Day!

According to Rivals, Alabama sweeps the # 1 spot among this year's recruitment. LSU and the Buckeyes followed next. LSU and Alabama is teeming with talents right now.

This year's champ, Florida, is at # 10. 3 5-stars.

My Miami is at 11 (Down ten spots from last year's # 1). Oh well, I am happy we have the #1 rated player in the country, RB Bryce Brown :). I do think the U is on it's way back!

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/teamrank.asp?SID=880

Zeeshan
February 5, 2009, 12:56 AM
okay i am a NFL newbie...used to go to superbowl mainly to TRY n hook up with the chix...this recent one got me totally hooked....to the game...so where do i start? any good youtube links that will give me a good natural high? :-)

thnx dames...

Tigers_eye
February 5, 2009, 11:30 AM
Search "Barry Sanders" and watch. May be you will start believing aliens do exsist. The ankle breaking vanishing act he performed day-in day-out is nothing short of a miracle. Defenders only could see (if they were lucky) his Jersey number 20 for a flash and then his dust. Stop-start at 60-stop-move side ways at 60-stop-change direction on a dime-back at 60. And all this with 9 men stacked up on the line of scrimage.

We are not lucky enough to see Jim Brown so we go by the second best thing.

Tigers_eye
February 5, 2009, 12:49 PM
Well Bama looks like they have bribed the most of the prospect nicely. Surprized to see USC falling behind on their on bribing game. Reggie Bush's gift receiving, money making antic all got squashed by the NCAA. Why?

LSU and Les Miles wants to compete with the Gators. Good luck.

2 in top 5, 4 SEC teams in top 10, 6 in top 15, 8 in top 20, 10 in top 25 recruiting class this year. No wonder they are the best conference in the country.

Texas, O khalamma, and Texas A & M representing Big 12.

USC, UCLA and Stanford from Pac 10.

Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, Penn State from Big 10.

Florida State, Miami, N. Carolina (Butch Davis), Va Tech representing ACC.

Over Rated Notre Dame is the only independant who could make the list.

SEC teams are ranked as follows:
1) Bama
2) LSU
9) Georgia
10) Florida
12) South Carolina
14) Arkansas
17) Ole Miss
18) Auburn
22) Mississippi State
23) Tennesse
++
43) Kentucky
73) Vandy

Electrequiem
February 6, 2009, 11:39 PM
UMiami showed this video at the 'Canes Kickoff festival at the start of the semester on a huge screen. EVERYONE is pumped for the next season now! GO CANES!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PbUuNUhsBKU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PbUuNUhsBKU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Electrequiem
March 1, 2009, 11:34 PM
Anyone following the Bryce Brown recruiting saga? This kid has started to piss me off. I think UMiami is better off without him ... we don't need a prima donna.

No ONE player is greater than the UMiami program.

Just like Shannon said to Bryce Brown:

"Son, we could USE you. But we definitely don't NEED you."