PDA

View Full Version : Us open

Bancan
August 25, 2008, 12:53 PM
We have a new number #1. Nadal most likely to win. Federer will go to the finals. Roddick will lose in the second round. :(

Still....Go RODDICK.

Tigers_eye
August 25, 2008, 01:11 PM
No Nadal will not win. He haven't gone to the semis here, ever. Djokovic have a better chance over FedEx. He faced three times against the top two he is 3-0 (hardcourt). Whatever, go "I suck" Roddick.

Tigers_eye
August 25, 2008, 01:13 PM
Monfil is out of the block. Advances in the second round. Easy victory!! Come on Monfil.

Bancan
August 25, 2008, 08:46 PM
Nadal faced some challenge in his first round match. His opponent Phau played some outstanding tennis.

I liked the celebration of past champions.

Arnab
August 25, 2008, 11:42 PM
What's with your guys fascination with Roddick, the guy who hasn't won a slam for 5 years now? What gives? You two identify with him at some level? Your white friends support him?

Tigers_eye
August 26, 2008, 11:01 AM
What's with your guys fascination with Roddick, the guy who hasn't won a slam for 5 years now? What gives? You two identify with him at some level? Your white friends support him?
Same reason we support Ash (look at my avatar), Bd team. Full of potentials. Flashes of brilliance. Mediocre performance time and again in the big stages.

Nothing to do with white or black. If his head could have been fixed he would have won few more slams. Now for Blake he is the most under achieved Tennis player I ever saw.

Arnab
August 26, 2008, 11:24 AM
Same reason we support Ash (look at my avatar), Bd team. Full of potentials. Flashes of brilliance. Mediocre performance time and again in the big stages.

This has to be the most ridiculous comparison I have ever seen.

I am embarrassed that I even started this convo. Shine on.

Tigers_eye
August 26, 2008, 12:41 PM
ridiculous? how about 100% match?

SS
August 26, 2008, 12:44 PM
This has to be the most ridiculous comparison I have ever seen.

I am embarrassed that I even started this convo. Shine on.

That's kinda harsh way of criticizing a fellow BC member. We have to realize not all think alike.

cricman
August 26, 2008, 12:47 PM
ridiculous? how about 100% match?

Ash = Federer Pre Greatness or more like James Blake has some Big Shots doesn't know when it's best off to use a little spin and with some good depth and Just get it over the net

Roddick One Trick Pony, No game from the baseline, I hit Harder Forehands than this guy, All he does is play his shots SHORT, SHORT, SHORT and average players rip winners past him and the great ones would embarass him.

Andy Roddick = Some Crappy Bangladeshi Pacer, Rajib in ODI Cricket maybe and thats a Compliment to Roddick not Rajib.

Much eaiser to Compare Tennis Playuers to Bowlers, In terms of how the Tennis players Serve and Construct the points

Tigers_eye
August 26, 2008, 12:57 PM
Roddick One Trick Pony, No game from the baseline, I hit Harder Forehands than this guy, All he does is play his shots SHORT, SHORT, SHORT and average players rip winners past him and the great ones would embarass him...
Yet at one point he became #1 player in the world. I wonder how can a one trick Pony do that? Shear luck I guess.

Do me a favor. Please go back to BD and win the tennis tourneys' we have. Should be too easy of a competition for you. Unless your backhand sucks big time. :lol:

cricman
August 26, 2008, 02:20 PM
Yet at one point he became #1 player in the world. I wonder how can a one trick Pony do that? Shear luck I guess.

Do me a favor. Please go back to BD and win the tennis tourneys' we have. Should be too easy of a competition for you. Unless your backhand sucks big time. :lol:

People Figure you out eventually and whats he done since? Losing to medicore players, Don't worry My Backhand is Better than Roddicks I think your is too it's not that hard of a shot it's the Prize Money thats the problem ... Those Damn Cricketers get all the money

Arnab
August 26, 2008, 09:27 PM

What was that, 5 years ago? Sheesh that's half a tennis generation ago, man. Do you bet on a horse that won its last race five years ago? That's some weird blind devotion.

Roddick became number 1 late 2003 on the wings of a very good hardcourt season. That was the first and last time he had such good results, which indicates it was a fluke. Federer wasn't quite mature enough to dominate the tour at that point. Roddick was number one for a very short period of time, about 4 months, in which about 2 month were part of the off-season. He led Federer by just a few tens of points. He just got lucky.

Then he got completely figured out by Federer and got beaten over and over again for about 10 times in a row. Such was the mental beating from Federer that he slipped through the rankings and has now settled at #5/#6.

Look, I know why you support Roddick. You like to support potential American stars. You saw Roddick as a continuation of Sampras. You poor sap.

Arnab
August 26, 2008, 09:39 PM
That's kinda harsh way of criticizing a fellow BC member. We have to realize not all think alike.

Yeah, but Tiger's Eye is not a 12 year old ninny. He can take this I am pretty sure.

Tigers_eye
August 27, 2008, 10:55 AM
The notion of me supporting the Americans only is wrong. Loser Lendle was my guy. Still remember how Pat Cash ruined my lust for Tennis. Yup Not Conners or Mac. BBorg, Wilander, Edberg, Becker - I would support them all the time. I only came to realise Sampras was the best after watching him closely. His calmness, soft nature made me a convert. Not becuase he was an American. Same with Golf; Would have cursed other players just so that an old Shark (Aussie) can win a major on American soil. He was the reason I started to follow golf. Then came Duval and Tiger. My dislike for Phil (so called White Americans golfing hero) is well documented. My liking or disliking depends on individuals not on their nationality or color.

Fluke!! lol, Yes the old horse (Roddick - 26 years of age, younger than Federer) is all washed up!! Yet this year he had beaten Nadal (1), FedEx(2), Joker(3) top three. Were those fluke also? My my Roddick is the fluke master. Roddick hasn't fullfilled his promise. He was No. 1 junior in U.S. in 1999-2000 and as No. 1 junior in world in 2000…A winner of six world junior singles and seven doubles titles, won the US Open and Australian Open junior singles titles in 2000. So Even though you may see him as a fluke I patiently wait and hope he starts fulfilling the promise he has. No one with fluke tennis game can go to four grand slam finals. Agree or disagree?

For all the past greats (excluding Fedex), losing 15-20 games in a season wasn't uncommon. He did win 40 games each year since 2001 (even with injury). Why put the sword on Andy only? May be you have not followed the game long enough or don't like sports history. Andy is no fluke. Just didn't fulfill the promise he had.

++++
Dear Arnab,
You do not like America, American sports, American people, American sports icons, American ABCDEFG...XYZ. That is not my problem. Take off your glasses. May be you can see the world from a different prospective.

Tigers_eye
August 27, 2008, 02:19 PM
Live score updates:
http://www.usopen.org/en_US/scores/index.html?promo=topnav
Tsonga is crusing. Good job. Moya having trouble to dislodge Aisamul Haq Qureshi (Pak).

Tigers_eye
August 27, 2008, 02:26 PM
Click on the slam tracker. AQ wins the second set tiebreak 7-5. wow!! One set a piece. Way to go!!

Bancan
August 27, 2008, 07:44 PM
Atleast this one was thread appropriate.
Djokovich cruises in straight sets. But hurt his ankle in the process.
Realistically Roddick might lose tonight. Hope he can pull it off. But with him I wouldnt be too surprised if he loses here.

Bancan
August 27, 2008, 10:32 PM
Roddick wins in straight sets. 6-2,6-2,6-2.
Bizarre end when Roddick unintentionally almost hit Santero with his 140 mph serve. Santero then decided not to try to return Roddick's serve.
In the first set Roddick served a 147 mph one.
He will have a tough challenge in the 2nd round.

Shehwar
August 29, 2008, 01:08 AM
Ivanovic gone....Looking forward to some good matches tonite.....Safin v Robredo....Moya v Tsonga....Roddick v Gulbis......Btw Im a big James Blake fan....Hope he can fire it up ONE TIME at the slam this time around.....

Tigers_eye
August 29, 2008, 09:37 AM
Nadal moves to third round beating Ryler De Heart 6-1, 6-2, 6-4.

David Ferer 4th seed will face 18 year old Japanese Nishikori.

Blake faces Mardi Fish.

Nalbandian, Del Porto, Monfil all moved on. TSonga faces Moya.

Shehwar
August 29, 2008, 04:49 PM
....David Ferer 4th seed will face 18 year old Japanese Nishikori....

That Nishikori kid has a lot of potential....He will give Ferrer a good run for his money....

cricman
August 29, 2008, 06:03 PM
Nadal is very beatable in Flushing, I caught the end of his match against the ugly looking dude with the pretty looking bengali wifey, I thought Vladmamu was playing for a sec, Stronger guys with Big Forehands will beat him

Del Potro is the one to watch out for, New York City is really behind Roger, he's getting more love than Roddick, Blake did the right thing and wear the Mets Jersey

Bancan
August 29, 2008, 09:54 PM
Roddick going down tonight.

Shehwar
August 30, 2008, 12:23 AM
Great comeback by Roddick...He was down and out....That Gulbis guy is turning out to be some player....All he needs to do is cut down on his unforced errors.....Roddick shud win it from here....5-5...4th set..on serve...

Bancan
August 30, 2008, 12:44 AM
Roddick wins Roddick wins Roddick wins.

Tigers_eye
August 30, 2008, 01:08 AM
Roddick wins Roddick wins Roddick wins.
He won the US open? :timeout:

Or you can see the future? :)

Wish him best of luck in the coming 4 wins.

Bancan
August 30, 2008, 01:29 PM
I was certain he would lose last night. He started off really bad. According to him when the clock struck 12, he matured and started playing good tennis. :D:-D
Aug 30 was both the players birthday.

Tigers_eye
September 2, 2008, 08:39 AM
So Nadal survives!! Roddick passes through. Murray dominates, Del Porto hmm will be hard to handle for anyone. Monfil slips and Fish moves on. Good round overall.

cricman
September 2, 2008, 04:47 PM
Novak Survives in 5 Sets, Federer Down 1 Set

Shehwar
September 2, 2008, 06:09 PM
Federer in cruise control mode now....Really want him to win this title....With all due respect to Muller and what he has done in this tourney, I cant really see Federer having any trouble reaching the Semis....Looking forward to Roddick v Gonzalez tonite....Lets go Roddick!...I used to like Gonzalez but have started to dislike him since that incident v Blake in the Olympics...

Bancan
September 2, 2008, 10:30 PM
Federer wins after a 5 set thriller. Amazing match. Djokovich wins in 5 sets as well.
Roddick wins 6-2 6-3 6-1. Roddick will face Djokovich in the quarters.
Williams sister facing each other tomorow.

Tigers_eye
September 3, 2008, 09:18 AM
Devydenko is a disgrace. May be an investigation needs to be done on him. I hate to admit but Muller stands no chance. Roddick-Djo should be a cracking Quarters. Del Porto - Murray another.

Bancan
September 3, 2008, 04:56 PM
Devydenko is a disgrace. May be an investigation needs to be done on him. I hate to admit but Muller stands no chance. Roddick-Djo should be a cracking Quarters. Del Porto - Murray another.

What did he do?

Bancan
September 4, 2008, 08:31 PM
Roddick getting crushed. I guess this is the end of his nice little run. He is 2 sets down and serving ****.

Bancan
September 4, 2008, 10:07 PM
****ing dumbass.....he had the fourth set but made the dumbest mistake.. and in the end lost. He could have won this in 5 but ****ed it up.

Shehwar
September 5, 2008, 04:55 AM
Cant believe how Roddick just gifted the 4th set and the match away with those two double faults when he was serving for it! ... Anyways...Federer vs Djokovic then....Im rooting for Fedex...Come on!....Another potential Fed v Rafa block-buster coming up!...On the womens its Serina's title for the taking....I like Safina but cant see her go past Williams...

Arnab
September 5, 2008, 05:39 AM
The notion of me supporting the Americans only is wrong. Loser Lendle was my guy. Still remember how Pat Cash ruined my lust for Tennis. Yup Not Conners or Mac. BBorg, Wilander, Edberg, Becker - I would support them all the time. I only came to realise Sampras was the best after watching him closely. His calmness, soft nature made me a convert. Not becuase he was an American. Same with Golf; Would have cursed other players just so that an old Shark (Aussie) can win a major on American soil. He was the reason I started to follow golf. Then came Duval and Tiger. My dislike for Phil (so called White Americans golfing hero) is well documented. My liking or disliking depends on individuals not on their nationality or color.

Fluke!! lol, Yes the old horse (Roddick - 26 years of age, younger than Federer) is all washed up!! Yet this year he had beaten Nadal (1), FedEx(2), Joker(3) top three. Were those fluke also? My my Roddick is the fluke master. Roddick hasn't fullfilled his promise. He was No. 1 junior in U.S. in 1999-2000 and as No. 1 junior in world in 2000…A winner of six world junior singles and seven doubles titles, won the US Open and Australian Open junior singles titles in 2000. So Even though you may see him as a fluke I patiently wait and hope he starts fulfilling the promise he has. No one with fluke tennis game can go to four grand slam finals. Agree or disagree?

For all the past greats (excluding Fedex), losing 15-20 games in a season wasn't uncommon. He did win 40 games each year since 2001 (even with injury). Why put the sword on Andy only? May be you have not followed the game long enough or don't like sports history. Andy is no fluke. Just didn't fulfill the promise he had.

Looks like Roddick lost yet again in a slam, before reaching the semis. This has been the pattern for about 2 years now. And I am afraid it is not going to change. In hindsight, Roddick's continued failure suggests that his sole US Open was indeed a fluke. He had a tiny little window of time open during August-September 2003 and won that US Open. With Djokovic, Murray, Nadal and Federer around, he has virtually no chance in winning any major ever again. An on-form Federer will always be too much for him, and the three youngsters are too hot for him to handle. Roddick doesn't have a real weapon other than his service.

I really think you should change your horse now.

Dear Arnab,
You do not like America, American sports, American people, American sports icons, American ABCDEFG...XYZ. That is not my problem. Take off your glasses. May be you can see the world from a different prospective.? That's not true at all. Whatever gave you that idea? I like watching and supporting great players who are not hyped by the media and who earn their victories. As far as tennis, I look at individual players, their strengths, their weaknesses, their playing style, etc. Nationality has never been a factor. Roddick has always come off as a hyper-active meathead to me. Federer is more cerebral and obviously the greatest shot-maker of probably all-time. So it's a no brainer to pick Federer over anyone, including Roddick. On the other hand, all your talk about Roddick not fulfilling his promise seems very hollow to me. He doesn't have anything to speak about other than that service. He doesn't move well on the court, cannot dominate the rallies against better players and in fact, his record shows that he has been a failure in the Majors for 4 years now, the 4 years when he was aged 23-26 and should have been in peak condition. I think the only reason why you are supporting Roddick is because you think he is an American and probably projecting a bit of Sampras on to him. But unfortunately Roddick is not as talented as Sampras.

Tigers_eye
September 5, 2008, 03:21 PM
Looks like Roddick lost yet again in a slam, before reaching the semis. This has been the pattern for about 2 years now. And I am afraid it is not going to change. In hindsight, Roddick's continued failure suggests that his sole US Open was indeed a fluke...
Garbage analogy. Reread my post and you will find the answer of no fluke. Since you didn't answer or may have purposely skipped the section, I ask again, Beating all 1, 2, 3 this year is also fluke?
I really think you should change your horse now.
Thanks for advice. I'd change my horse on my time.
? That's not true at all. Whatever gave you that idea? I like watching and supporting great players who are not hyped by the media and who earn their victories. As far as tennis, I look at individual players, their strengths, their weaknesses, their playing style, etc. Nationality has never been a factor. Roddick has always come off as a hyper-active meathead to me. Federer is more cerebral and obviously the greatest shot-maker of probably all-time. So it's a no brainer to pick Federer over anyone, including Roddick. On the other hand, all your talk about Roddick not fulfilling his promise seems very hollow to me. He doesn't have anything to speak about other than that service. He doesn't move well on the court, cannot dominate the rallies against better players and in fact, his record shows that he has been a failure in the Majors for 4 years now, the 4 years when he was aged 23-26 and should have been in peak condition. I think the only reason why you are supporting Roddick is because you think he is an American and probably projecting a bit of Sampras on to him. But unfortunately Roddick is not as talented as Sampras.
The problem is you "think" and I know so. So here is your answer for thinking.
That's not true at all.
Adding to that: I have said enough about Roddick on why I like him in this thread already. If you choose to skip those I have nothing more to say.

As for what gave me your "American hatred stand" idea? No one has to be a rocket scienctist to know your stance. So do me a favor since you have asked. Do a search, on your posts in "Other sports" forum. Pick and choose any of your recent posts say last 6 months. Better yet, print them up and give them to any of your elders and ask "does these posts potray Anti-American in every sense?"

Peace be upon you.

cricman
September 5, 2008, 06:41 PM
New York City Kicks a** and so does Novak ... Federer is gonna have some crazy Home Court Advantage vs Joker tho

Roddick opened his mouth and he got it with no vaseline

Go Joker!

If Novak (A Big If) Gets through Fed and than Nadal/Murray ... Who should be #1?

Delporto next #1, He's gonna be a Beast on HardCourts, Murray and Nadal should be intresting

Bancan
September 5, 2008, 09:49 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTPnHN_yJpY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OTPnHN_yJpY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Miraz
September 7, 2008, 05:05 PM
Murray wins the epic semifinal and moves to the final. Excellent tennis from him.

Murray vs Federer. Go Murray go!!!

MohammedC
September 7, 2008, 05:34 PM
Murray will be easy pickin for federar. Any way good luck to Murray for reaching his first grandslam final.

Bancan
September 7, 2008, 09:41 PM
Murray will get blown away.

Tigers_eye
September 8, 2008, 10:40 AM
Come on Murray!! Cinci was no fluke.

reverse_swing
September 8, 2008, 12:52 PM
Come on Murray!! Cinci was no fluke.

Good to see that you support a British player.:) Should Murray win he will become Britain's first male singles grand slam champion in 72 years. If Federer can beat Murray today, he'll have tied the modern-day record for the best winning streak at any major. He has reached at least the semifinals of the last 18 majors.

I think Federer is much more vulnerable than he once was, but his greater experience as well as comparative freshness will tell and the Swiss will win in 4 sets.:)

Tigers_eye
September 8, 2008, 01:08 PM
Good to see that you support a British player.:) :)
The only thing I didn't like of Murray is his "chagla dari". Can someone buy him a razor. He played extremely at a high level against Nadal. Some passing shots were incredible. Even with the semi loss Nadal will increase the lead of #1 and #2. Doesn't matter if FedEx wins or not.

reverse_swing
September 8, 2008, 01:30 PM
The only thing I didn't like of Murray is his "chagla dari". Can someone buy him a razor. .

Ask his mom as she controls everything.

He played extremely at a high level against Nadal. Some passing shots were incredible.

The way he played against Nadal, I would have to rate it as perhaps his most complete performance in his entire tennis career.BTW, Murray holds a 2-1 edge head to head against Federer.

Shehwar
September 9, 2008, 03:24 AM
Welldone Roger!....5th straight US Open...Hez the man!

BANFAN
September 9, 2008, 02:53 PM
Murray looked invincible against Nadal in the semis. I was worried if Fed will beat him. But he did it in style. Weldone Fed.

Just missed another Fed-Rafa final. They make the best finals.

Arnab
September 9, 2008, 03:06 PM
Wait a second! I thought Roddick was gonna win this US Open because he has such potential?

Arnab
September 9, 2008, 03:14 PM
Garbage analogy. Reread my post and you will find the answer of no fluke. Since you didn't answer or may have purposely skipped the section, I ask again, Beating all 1, 2, 3 this year is also fluke?

Wayne Ferreira beat Pete Sampras multiple times outside slams, but couldn't beat him once in Slams. Roddick beating Federer outside slams once in five year means nothing. Please don't embarrass yourself anymore. You are giving off the vibe that you started watching tennis two months ago, but we know you have been watching tennis for too long to make these silly comments. Yet you keep making them.

Adding to that: I have said enough about Roddick on why I like him in this thread already. If you choose to skip those I have nothing more to say.

I didn't skip it. I doubt the reason you gave is the real reason you like Roddick. Roddick has not done anything significant in the Slams in years, especially in the past two years. Only patriotic hardcore American tennis fans these days support him. So naturally it begs the question whether you consider yourself to be one of them.

As for what gave me your "American hatred stand" idea? No one has to be a rocket scienctist to know your stance. So do me a favor since you have asked. Do a search, on your posts in "Other sports" forum. Pick and choose any of your recent posts say last 6 months. Better yet, print them up and give them to any of your elders and ask "does these posts potray Anti-American in every sense?"

There is not a single post of mine in this sub-forum that says I hate Americans. Very poor attempt on your part.

BANFAN
September 13, 2008, 01:26 PM
Some of your posts in Golf thread did reflect Anti US. :)

But your point on Roddick is genuine, I have never felt that he would be compareable to any of the present time top players. Specially with his G.Slam performances.

Arnab
September 17, 2008, 01:37 AM
Some of your posts in Golf thread did reflect Anti US. :)

Like what?

In general, I criticize Bangladesh and Bangladeshis far more. Does this mean I am anti-Bangladesh?

Of course, we all know it was more a matter of Tigers Eye trying to divert attention because he lost the argument. :)

Tigers_eye
September 17, 2008, 10:21 AM
Like what?

In general, I criticize Bangladesh and Bangladeshis far more. Does this mean I am anti-Bangladesh?

Of course, we all know it was more a matter of Tigers Eye trying to divert attention because he lost the argument. :)
if that makes you feel better. I stand my ground. Just didn't wanted to attack you personally. Cause I have already explained myself in previous posts.

I do not agree with you and you do not agree with me. I do not follow what you follow, you do not follow what I follow. You are free to chose what you want to and so am I. Let us move on our seperate ways.

BANFAN
June 10, 2009, 08:09 AM
This would be interesting to see if Tiger can defend his title. Hasn't been doing that well since he is back from injury.

Tigers_eye
June 10, 2009, 08:49 AM
This would be interesting to see if Tiger can defend his title. Hasn't been doing that well since he is back from injury.
Just won Memorial. Four shot come back in the final round. Final two holes finished birdie birdie. :) May be he is just teasing us.

This is a tennis thread. :)

BANFAN
June 11, 2009, 04:27 PM
Just won Memorial. Four shot come back in the final round. Final two holes finished birdie birdie. :) May be he is just teasing us.

This is a tennis thread. :)

woops !! Sorry. Was hard to figure out from last few posts.

Ya, he came back through back nine, specially those last few holes. I hope he comes back to his usual self with a major title.