PDA

View Full Version : Vaas: I worked hard with my limited ability

SS
August 28, 2008, 07:58 AM
The Great Vaas reaches 400 mark...such a splendid cricketer...our meidum pacers have lot to learn from him as he said "My game was limited but I worked harder. Nothing comes easy to you, you have got to make the most of your talent"

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/slvind/content/current/story/366571.html

Tigers_eye
August 28, 2008, 08:13 AM
Ei shob article porley khali monay hoi citizenship jodi jor koirey karor gharey chapano jetho!!

patriot
August 28, 2008, 08:24 AM
750 wickets with limited ability ? You must be joking Warnakulasuriya Patabendige Ushantha Joseph Chaminda Vaas!

He is a true warrior who single-handedly carried Sri Lank's fast bowling hopes despite constantly being under the shadows of Murali.Now that Sri Lanka have Malinga , Thushara and Prasad I think its time he retires. Though he has added subtle variations to his game , At a pace of 120-125KPH I doubt he will survive in this period.

If only , Mashrafee worked and gave 100% on his 'limited ability' .

mahbubH
August 28, 2008, 08:35 AM
Great cricketer. Enjoyed his journey so far!

A cricketer with his type of mentality is always an asset for any team. Wish we have few less talented (?) cricketers like him!

bangla-red
August 28, 2008, 02:45 PM
[QUOTE=SS;725158]The Great Vaas reaches 400 mark...such a splendid cricketer...our meidum pacers have lot to learn from him as he said "My game was limited but I worked harder. Nothing comes easy to you, you have got to make the most of your talent"

Limited ability? :timeout: He has lots of ability. 400 odi wickets and he's still trying to big himself up. Respect gone.:mad::)

Rifat
August 28, 2008, 03:28 PM
he should remind you of someone ;) (currently injured and out of touch :( but inshallah he will be back)

Kabir
August 28, 2008, 04:04 PM
Well...can he not be called a sportsman who is not all about showing off his achievements? 400 effing wickets...and he's still modest.

Ajfar
August 28, 2008, 05:05 PM
damn thats a long namee...almost has all the alphabets...it's missing F G Q X Z...

BANFAN
August 29, 2008, 01:21 PM
Too modest, he had been always like this. Great bowler !!

auntu
August 29, 2008, 01:41 PM
Congrats Vaas!!!

I have always liked him because of his calm attitude. A man to respect.

khalek
September 16, 2008, 12:39 AM
Whatta great bowler he is, uses great cutter and gets the best of the best batsmen out easily...

thebest
September 16, 2008, 08:33 AM
The articles should be send to the players of Dhaka Cowards.

WarWolf
September 17, 2008, 05:28 PM
The articles should be send to the players of Dhaka Cowards.
Nothing will happen. They don't wanna work hard.

al Furqaan
September 17, 2008, 09:57 PM
great achievement.

his pace hardly touches the 120 mark nowadays...but he's still doing well enough to keep in the side. he's a true model for guys like dollar, nazmul, rasel and even mashrafee.

hats off to him. splendid with the bat as well.

Nafis_BD
September 17, 2008, 11:30 PM
Vass is a pure class and Sri Lanka is very lucky to have a player like him. He is a true athlete and a great individual. Hats off to him for what he has done so far with his career!!!