PDA

View Full Version : What's eating Gopal Bhar!

Zeeshan
September 13, 2008, 10:22 AM
Well...after the much anticipated Somersat's match against Durham in Taunton, the nail biter clincher came to a dismal end thanks to Mother Nature's interferance. But what really pissed me off, and again this is not a rant, was the uncalled run out of Z de Bruyn. :mad: :ticking::hairpull: This just made me sick to my stomach because he was sailing smoothly at 76 with 68.46 SR and...and, we just had to witness the utter horror of his wicket get demolished by a crafty fielding. Now remember folks, knowing the very nature of Z de Bruyn one could almost put a sure bet of him loosening up his arms after he crossed the 100 mark. But as they say, que sera sera.

Captain JL Langer wasted very little deliveries and went straight away to business in the first innings and was cavaliar in the second innings. But, I am sure what's in every red blooded Bangladeshi's :flag: mind is how could CM Willoughby NOT get more than his 2 wickets :confused: but I guess....he can be just forgiven for his 2.38 economy rate.

But IMHO, the real highlight of the match was WJ Durston's brilliant straight cover drive which momentarily brought, a somehow, subdued crowd, back to life. :ninja:

But all in all, I still think the crux of the game was Z de Bruyn's run out, which could very well have tilted the match. I am still mad about umpire GI Burgess's decision of ID Blackwell's out and one could very well go on ad nasesum whether there was a genuine nick before Mustard valiantly took the catch. :notworthy:

Umpire G Sharp was...sharp to say nonetheless throughout the match and I don't think any controversial out was given from his part.

But to sum it all up, Z de Bruyn when you are playing for such a distinguished team like Somerset, you can at least give a little bit more effort than a happy-feet performance with a dismal run out. :timeout:

That's it for now. Signing out from Orange County....

Yours truly,

BANFAN
September 16, 2008, 03:26 PM
7 alliens :)

Zeeshan
September 16, 2008, 03:47 PM
7 alliens :)

bujlam na :-(

edit: oh ekhon bujhi....smileys?

DJ Sahastra
September 19, 2008, 03:53 PM
I think a better question will be "What is Gopal Bhar" eating and only acceptable answer would be the one that runs atleast 20 lines and talks only about Gollas (Not the Javed Omar type but the "Rosso" type") and Jams (Not the Musical type but the "Kala" types).

One World
October 6, 2008, 08:24 AM
I think a better question will be "What is Gopal Bhar" eating and only acceptable answer would be the one that runs atleast 20 lines and talks only about Gollas (Not the Javed Omar type but the "Rosso" type") and Jams (Not the Musical type but the "Kala" types).

Sometimes I am not sure if DJ was a Bangladeshi in his previous life or not. :floor: