PDA

View Full Version : Aftab, Alok Kopali, S Nafees will join ICL

Omio
September 13, 2008, 04:16 PM
That will be a big disaster for our cricket. Our board shouldn't let them join to ICL specially Aftab Ahmed. We should stop him as any cost.
Personally I really feel sad after read this news.

http://www.prothom-alo.com/index.news.details.php?nid=MTg4MjI=

BD Tigers
September 13, 2008, 04:23 PM
very interesting. I dont care where they play, just they have to be available for Nation Call.

Omio
September 13, 2008, 04:25 PM
very interesting. I dont care where they play, just they have to be available for Nation Call.
If any of them play in ICL then they wont play international cricket.

WarWolf
September 13, 2008, 04:26 PM
Let's see how committed our players are about national duty. Interesting news. This time their national commitment will be clearly revealed.

WarWolf
September 13, 2008, 04:27 PM
Good find Omio.

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2008, 04:28 PM
Interesting. Gives me a reason to follow the ICL.

Will the BCB end up banning these 14 cricketers? Do understand that their contract with the ICL doesn't require them to dump international duty.

Miraz
September 13, 2008, 04:28 PM
It will be a disaster for Bangladesh cricket. Bangladesh can't simply afford to lose Aftab, Farhad, SN, Dhiman and Mosharraf.

WarWolf
September 13, 2008, 04:30 PM
It will be a disaster for Bangladesh cricket. Bangladesh can't simply afford to lose Aftab, Farhad, SN, Dhiman and Mosharraf.
If they don't care about Bangladesh national team then? I am talking from the opposite point of view. I am sure they know the risk. Yet they are going for it.

tonoy
September 13, 2008, 04:33 PM
sounds like a major disaster. I really didnt want SN to join ICL. It could mean the end for his career.

Miraz
September 13, 2008, 04:33 PM
If they don't care about Bangladesh national team then? I am talking from the opposite point of view. I am sure they know the risk. Yet they are going for it.
It's our duty to keep them for the best interest of our cricket. They are willing to join, but I am sure they will change their mind if we take appropriate actions.

dash
September 13, 2008, 04:34 PM
Well Cant blame them,
pple like dhiman getting 2 crore nd sme unknown youngster getting $40K
but its sad for bd cricket

BD Tigers
September 13, 2008, 04:35 PM
If any of them play in ICL then they wont play international cricket.

says India cricket board. BCB shud have the balls and tell India that we dont care. It will help our cricketers w/ cricket & money. When it comes to honoring FTP schedule, Indian board is the biggest hypocret out there. They dont allow BD to visit their country (which is in FTP) but they want to honor ODI series against Aus and dont want to play Champion's Trophy. What a crock?!?

mahbubH
they are not capable of thinking what would be good for them in the long run and also for BD cricket!! They just feel insecure... very bad for BD cricket!!

dash
only a military action can stop them i blv,
but thts undemocratic, pple has the th right to chose jobs,
dont get me wrong i dnt want them to leave bd cricket

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2008, 04:41 PM
says India cricket board. BCB shud have the balls and tell India that we dont care. It will help our cricketers w/ cricket & money. Exactly. The decision is ultimately the BCB's. I personally don't see a problem with what these guys are doing - they are going to be making more money than we can ever offer them and yet will remain available for national duty whenever we need them. In fact, the greater financial security might lead them to perform better as that aspect of their jobs will no longer be a burden for them. It's win-win, really.

Omio
September 13, 2008, 04:42 PM
I think only BCB can stop them, atleast BCB should stop Aftab, SN,Alok,Farhad to join ICL,

tonoy
September 13, 2008, 04:43 PM
Exactly. The decision is ultimately the BCB's. I personally don't see a problem with what these guys are doing - they are going to be making more money than we can ever offer them and yet will remain available for national duty whenever we need them. In fact, the greater financial security might lead them to perform better as that aspect of their jobs will no longer be a burden for them. It's win-win, really.

But the only problem is that our Board will be shunned from the rest of ICC's Elite Board. Too risky if you ask me.

Miraz
September 13, 2008, 04:44 PM
ATMR, BCB is not in a position to ignore directives from ICC and BCCI. Our international performance has further weakened our burgaining position. Even ECB had to bow to BCCI pressure to ban ICL players from national team.

If they join ICL, they will be lost for good.

israr
September 13, 2008, 04:44 PM
I am reseving my comments for the time being. But if they really do join ICL in future knowing the consequences of never representing their country again, then it would become crystal clear who are the patriots and who are the hypocrites, because the players in the fray haven't been discarded by BCB yet and they are still contracted! It would have been another case or atleast understable if these guys were repeatedly ignored for selection into national team.

Zeeshan
September 13, 2008, 04:45 PM
i say go with the Tao...if this toughens them up to be later mercenaries, so be it, out of every bad comes a good....

tonoy
September 13, 2008, 04:47 PM
BTW, how credible is the source anyways? I hope it turns out to be another pathetic scam.

mahbubH
September 13, 2008, 04:48 PM
HaBa is the leader I think... **** ***!

WarWolf
September 13, 2008, 04:49 PM
ATMR, BCB is not in a position to ignore directives from ICC and BCCI. Our international performance has further weakened our burgaining position. Even ECB had to bow to BCCI pressure to ban ICL players from national team.

Spot on. BCB doesn't have the balls by default. Moreover their current condition won't allow to go against BCCI if even they want to....

Omio
September 13, 2008, 04:49 PM
HaBa is the leader I think... **** ***!
I think so,
He going to be the captain.

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2008, 04:50 PM
Read this article (http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3464513.cms). I doubt the ICC has the balls to do anything about it if the BCB gives these guys the green signal. At most, we will be tapping on some pumping veins at the BCCI and lose any prospect of touring India, which in reality we had lost a long time ago.

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2008, 04:53 PM
By the way, PA might very well be trying to sell a few extra copies.

akabir77
September 13, 2008, 04:54 PM
Good golla now can open with tamim... lol

I think SN, Aftab, farhad will use this to Bergen their position in BD team to become permanent like Ash, Mash... So now you can't drop some one if they make a lot of zeros...

Sad to see ICL is not picking Pilot instead they went for the current player...

israr
September 13, 2008, 04:54 PM
Honestly, honestly, if I were to be a Bangladeshi cricketer and in their shoes at the moment, unless a calamity falls upon me and I have to loot a bank for somehow becoming a millionaire in one day, then only I would choose this option. Otherwise, I would never be so unfaithful towards the nation that gave me an identity in the international stage. For God's sake, we aren't being ruled by Mugabe that we're deprived of basic human rights in our country.

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2008, 05:01 PM
Good golla now can open with tamim... lol
Hey hey, don't mock Golla. Even at this age, he can take down someone half as young :D
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/087zaVv5v77ql/610x.jpg

Kana-Baba
September 13, 2008, 05:04 PM
Hey hey, don't mock Golla. Even at this age, he can take down someone half as young :D
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/087zaVv5v77ql/610x.jpg

priceless :-D

Tigers_eye
September 13, 2008, 05:09 PM
More power to ICL. I heard they will introduce 3 day game as well with their T20. Think positive. Think foreign currency. I wish Ash could join them as well.

Tigers_eye
September 13, 2008, 05:24 PM
What can we name the Bangladeshi team for ICL? Bangladesh Heroes? How about Bangladesh Rivers? If sponsors could have a say, may be Bangladesh Grameen, lol.

AsifTheManRahman
September 13, 2008, 05:27 PM
PA reports "Dhaka Warriors". Am I the only one actually reading the report? :)
১৪ জেনর োয দলিট চકড়াੰ੪ হেয়েছ, োসিট অাইিসএেল োখলেব �ঢাকা ওয়ািরয়সગ� নােম৷

Tigers_eye
September 13, 2008, 05:29 PM
Bashatey font install nai. :(

israr
September 13, 2008, 05:35 PM

I am reading too, and I would be furious if this actually turns out to true!

cricman
September 13, 2008, 05:39 PM
If they have the BCB permission I'm all for it but if they don't Moshraff and Kapali can go

arafath79
September 13, 2008, 05:40 PM
The main problem is the permission from ICC !!! It doesn't matter if Inidan Cricket Board doesn't want to allow their cricketers to play in international matches or not. The problem is that ICC is also supporting the Indian Cricket Board and both of them will not allow any of the cricketers to play any international cricket matches who will ever play in ICL !!

israr
September 13, 2008, 05:47 PM
If NZC couldn't do anything in returning Bond back, I wonder whether BCB can do anything at all!

bdchamp20
September 13, 2008, 06:15 PM
Well it's a PA report so the credibility is in question. But if it is true and the players knowingly want to give up national duty to play in ICL then that will be a shame. Of course players like Bashar are free to join as his career is more or less over but players like Alok, Aftab, Shahriar and Dhiman? Unpatriotic gold-diggers. And please don't even dream of BCB to stand up to BCCI, impossible.

brockley
September 13, 2008, 06:27 PM
Can you post the names of the players named please,as can't read the article only know english.
Better reprint the rticle here in english.
Thankyou.

dash
September 13, 2008, 06:41 PM

Ur Rite,think bout all boards have baned plyrs plying in ICL. Nd it is impossible for us inore BCCI. otherwise well end uplosing our test status. I hate to say this nd hope hope something is done to get rid of dis BCCI monopoly

djnaved
September 13, 2008, 06:42 PM
jinish potrer daam ja barse, playerra icl e join korbe na to ki korbe............lolz.....je alu agea 8 taka keji chilo shei alu ekhon 16 taka keji..........playerder upor raag na dekhaia shorkar r bcb'r upor raag dekhano uchit

Umar
September 13, 2008, 06:43 PM
oh man! we don't even have enough recognised players even for national team. even the potential future BD crickets like sishir/mosharraf also wants to go??? SAD. Very sad news for BD.

bdchamp20
September 13, 2008, 06:48 PM
Can you post the names of the players named please,as can't read the article only know english.
Better reprint the rticle here in english.
Thankyou.
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Rafique
Alok Kapali
Aftab Ahmed
Shahriar Nafees
Dhiman Ghosh
Nazimuddin
Farhad Reza
Mosharraf Hossain
Tapash Baisya
Mohammad Sharif
Manjural Islam
Golam Mabud
Mahbubul Karim

dash
September 13, 2008, 06:50 PM
I am reseving my comments for the time being. But if they really do join ICL in future knowing the consequences of never representing their country again, then it would become crystal clear who are the patriots and who are the hypocrites, because the players in the fray haven't been discarded by BCB yet and they are still contracted! It would have been another case or atleast understable if these guys were repeatedly ignored for selection into national team.

Dont get mewrong I dont wnt them to leave But:

Players like kapali: earns 15 lakh (per year,max- im over estimating)
if he plays ten more year: he will get 15*10= 1 crore 50 lakh
Conditions applied: he has to be fit,in form, all others- I doubt it,
Playing ICL:

2 crore (guranteed for 3 years): Now put urself in his shoe nd make the descision,
If u chose to ignore ICL- I salute u,U should be the next priminister,
But pple are average,who has to look after their future, family, etc- nd pple has the right to chose their JOB-

So, as much im heart broken ,I cnt call them traitors

djnaved
September 13, 2008, 06:59 PM
Dont get mewrong I dont wnt them to leave But:

Players like kapali: earns 15 lakh (per year,max- im over estimating)
if he plays ten more year: he will get 15*10= 1 crore 50 lakh
Conditions applied: he has to be fit,in form, all others- I doubt it,
Playing ICL:

2 crore (guranteed for 3 years): Now put urself in his shoe nd make the descision,
If u chose to ignore ICL- I salute u,U should be the next priminister,
But pple are average,who has to look after their future, family, etc- nd pple has the right to chose their JOB-

So, as much im heart brocken ,I cnt call them traitors

agree with u, they have freedom to take decisions...........nowdays money is more important..........this is 20'th century........manusher kachea akhon desh prem bolte kichu nai........shobar akhon chinta taka kemne ruji kora jai....oshot upaye hok r shot upaye hok........

kalpurush
September 13, 2008, 07:35 PM
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Rafique
Alok Kapali
Aftab Ahmed
Shahriar Nafees
Dhiman Ghosh
Nazimuddin
Farhad Reza
Mosharraf Hossain
Tapash Baisya
Mohammad Sharif
Manjural Islam
Golam Mabud
Mahbubul Karim

It is NOT confirmed yet who is going or not, if the news is true, I would /might miss the following players...
not = :hairpull:
but :(
Dhiman Ghosh
Farhad Reza
Farhad Reza
Aftab Ahmed

al Furqaan
September 13, 2008, 07:53 PM
Exactly. The decision is ultimately the BCB's. I personally don't see a problem with what these guys are doing - they are going to be making more money than we can ever offer them and yet will remain available for national duty whenever we need them. In fact, the greater financial security might lead them to perform better as that aspect of their jobs will no longer be a burden for them. It's win-win, really.

i agree but...

...doesn't the ICC mandate that all boards - including the BCB - release all players who play for the ICL??? in other words isn't the decision outside the BCB's control?

i just hope it is not, and BCB retains these guys.

mafizraju
September 13, 2008, 08:11 PM
I think only BCB can stop them, atleast BCB should stop Aftab, SN,Alok,Farhad to join ICL,

BCB should not sstop them ... has no right to stop them. This is what is called Market Force. Market determines the ultimate outcome.

BCB should not ban these players. This will give them international exposure. playing infront of big crowd and obviously lots of money. BCB should not Ban them

And as far as Indian Cricket Board is concern, they haven't done anything that we will give up service of our best of breeds. And BCCI is showing too much power now a days. That has to be ended.

I support them.

mafizraju
September 13, 2008, 08:18 PM
agree with u, they have freedom to take decisions...........nowdays money is more important..........this is 20'th century........manusher kachea akhon desh prem bolte kichu nai........shobar akhon chinta taka kemne ruji kora jai....oshot upaye hok r shot upaye hok........

I dont like the negative canotation you put. First we talked about professionalism. Professionalism tells you to take up job which pays you more. BCB hires players to play for Bangladesh. This is like the highest post a professional cricketer can take interms of respect. Just like a professional politician will assume the power of government. Or a professional engineer will take the job what makes him or her feel honored and rewarded.

For these players this is a rewarding experience. So they want to work for somebody else while saying that they will be available to work for current employer as well. Now its the job of Employer to make sure that they keep these employees who will give them the most output.

If another company pays so much more I will dump my current company and will go there unless they give me a job which is less rewarding. These are cricketers and they are going to play cricket.

I think BCB should consider them for national team with a condition that fulfilling their ICL contractual agreement they continue to play first class cricket at domestic circuit.

mafizraju
September 13, 2008, 08:19 PM
I dont care what BCCI thinks and or will do. ICC should not bend to the power of one country. We will find South Africa, Newzealand and West Indies in our side. because they have the same sort of problem.

djnaved
September 13, 2008, 08:38 PM
I dont like the negative canotation you put. First we talked about professionalism. Professionalism tells you to take up job which pays you more. BCB hires players to play for Bangladesh. This is like the highest post a professional cricketer can take interms of respect. Just like a professional politician will assume the power of government. Or a professional engineer will take the job what makes him or her feel honored and rewarded.

For these players this is a rewarding experience. So they want to work for somebody else while saying that they will be available to work for current employer as well. Now its the job of Employer to make sure that they keep these employees who will give them the most output.

If another company pays so much more I will dump my current company and will go there unless they give me a job which is less rewarding. These are cricketers and they are going to play cricket.

I think BCB should consider them for national team with a condition that fulfilling their ICL contractual agreement they continue to play first class cricket at domestic circuit.

boss, u don't get my point..........i'm against it what our players are doing......but u have to beleive this 20's.......in 80-90's , people didn't think about earning moneys, but now...............it's changing..........that's what i was trying to say............we have nothing to do with bro........

HereWeGo
September 13, 2008, 08:45 PM
this would stop me from watching cricket altogether......

Players have the right the choose I guess....I just feel helpless....
if NZ cant get bond back than BD can never get these players back....
The article is by U.shuvro and he is the best Bangladeshi sports journalist atm..however i do wish he is wrong with this article....
efffffffffffffffinnggggggggggg ICL..

dash
September 13, 2008, 08:56 PM
this would stop me from watching cricket altogether......

Players have the right the choose I guess....I just feel helpless....
if NZ cant get bond back than BD can never get these players back....
The article is by U.shuvro and he is the best Bangladeshi sports journalist atm..however i do wish he is wrong with this article....
efffffffffffffffinnggggggggggg ICL..

Its a first page stuff,
there is genuine issue regarding dis,
just wondering wht iz ash doin in the uk- vacation- i find it hard to believe

Spitfire_x86
September 13, 2008, 08:57 PM
I don't see how this is a bad news. This is good for them and not really devastating to our cricket as none of them are indispensable members of the team (except maybe Aftab).

ICL is on its last legs. When it dies, maybe the ICL players won't remain banned anymore. In that case, the young BD players who are getting ICL contract may become eligible to play for our team again.

IMO, it's not worth getting into fight with BCCI as it may put our test status in risk.

BappyHayat
September 13, 2008, 08:59 PM
I can't believe - we are in 2008<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><FONT color=black><FONT face=This is not acceptable - that one cricket board (read one country) will rule the cricket world and will make rules whatever they want. These Indians have their own domestic quarrel and now we have to pay for it...what a shame that ICC is acting as a slave for BCCI. Why players cannot play for a team or organization if this doesn't conflict the national duty?<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Now, I'll try to be practical - By hook or by crook, we have to stop couple of key players like Aftab, SN and may be Farhad and Dhiman. Rest can be sacrificed<o:p></o:p>
Theoretically - this is the best chance to show the real color, if we can't stop these players (can't blame them - talking about big moneys that BCB can't offer) - so we have to live with it. Not sure if we can replace Aftab or SN, but we have to produce better cricketer than these folks. Like Australian cricket. The thing is we are not Australians, so practically we might not overcome this loss<o:p></o:p>
Only one thing I got - lets hope its a SCAM (just a publicity by Prothom Alo, can't find this news anywhere else)<o:p></o:p>
MAY ALLAH HELP BANGLADESH CRICKET!

HereWeGo
September 13, 2008, 09:03 PM
Habibul Bashar
Mohammad Rafique
Alok Kapali
Aftab Ahmed
Shahriar Nafees
Dhiman Ghosh
Nazimuddin
Farhad Reza
Mosharraf Hossain
Tapash Baisya
Mohammad Sharif
Manjural Islam
Golam Mabud
Mahbubul Karim

Aftab, SN, Alok, Nazim, Farhad, Mahbubul are indispensible....

always dreamed of a batting line up consisting of Ash, Aftab, Alok, Tameem, Nazim and Shakib....guess will never see that day...

akabir77
September 13, 2008, 09:11 PM
BCB should make all the players in academy and in u age players to sign that since BCB and BD is investing on them they can not go some where else to play without permission for some amount of time...

Cause BCB and BD is giving them all these opertunities and facilites and then they take up this jobs which make them untouchable. these players not only will be able to play int but i think they can't even play doemstic... so bcb needs to have contracts like this right a way...

khalek
September 13, 2008, 09:14 PM
I think BCCI should allow them to play ICL + Bangladesh Cricket + tell them they will get half sallary while playing for BD :D

scoilaheez
September 13, 2008, 10:31 PM
Interesting. Gives me a reason to follow the ICL.

Wrong. Gives us another reason to hate the ICL and the BCCI for this stupid situation

Trigger_Tiger
September 13, 2008, 10:42 PM
Oh well. Most of them are not in our playing 11 anyways most of the time. Shall they perform, and then want to play for the National team and get selected, then its good for us. If they perform poorly even in the IPL, still good for them for making the money.

Either ways, from life's point of view, its about making a living no matter how.

It all depends on who gets chosen to play in the ICL and IF they do get chosen.

yaseer
September 13, 2008, 10:52 PM

Yes, this is the fact....

BCCI as well as ICC has banned ICL.....how BCB can ignore ICC....even can't ignore the BCCI...rightly said Miraz bhai...that ECB even cant ignore BCCI......

So....Disaster waiting for us....

cricket_fanatic
September 13, 2008, 11:01 PM
I think regarding this ICL news we are not just thinking long term. I would hate losing Aftab and Dhiman and and perhaps Nazim and Farhad while I think losing others would not impact performance of the national team hugely (yes, that includes Alok and SN). But what this might do is it would set a bad example for others. How do we know that next year ICL, with their deep pockets, would not be luring away guys like Tamim, Shakib, Mashrafe and others. This would also discourage young players to be motivated enough to perform for the national team coz I fear players would have an attitude like "Hey, if you get dropped from the national team there is always ICL to fall back on, right! And they pay big bucks as well". Also some of these guys such as Alok and Mosharraf are top performaers in domestic cricket. Losing them will make our ailing NCL standards even more feeble.

That is why, I believe from this ICL saga we may not lose a lot short term but this really can have lasting effects well into the future.

yaseer
September 13, 2008, 11:09 PM
I think if these players join ICL, they will not only be banned from International cricket.....but also from Domestic cricket as well.....So, these players will not play for National cricket league/Dhaka premiere cricket league......that means they will play only 3/4 months ICL.......

Disaster for us......Aftab, Shahrear Nafess are the two players who have been maturing after few years in International cricket......now we have to start all over with more younger players.

yaseer
September 13, 2008, 11:10 PM
Oh well. Most of them are not in our playing 11 anyways most of the time. Shall they perform, and then want to play for the National team and get selected, then its good for us. If they perform poorly even in the IPL, still good for them for making the money.

Either ways, from life's point of view, its about making a living no matter how.

It all depends on who gets chosen to play in the ICL and IF they do get chosen.

Players cant play for Bangladesh if they join ICL...they will be banned....whatever performance they show

yaseer
September 13, 2008, 11:13 PM
Then what about the news of a new Captain in the media some days ago......The news was about an old face is coming as a captain in the National team........I thought it is Habibul Bashar.....If he is joining ICL.........then who is the new captain???

The name comes in my mind as a old face to be a captain is PAILOT.........as Dhiman is also going to ICL......or is it Nafis Iqbal joining National team as a captain??

cricket_fanatic
September 13, 2008, 11:16 PM
Then what about the news of a new Captain in the media some days ago......The news was about an old face in coming as a captain in the National team........I thought it is Habibul Bashar.....If he is joining ICL.........then who is the new captain???

Where did you get that one from? I thought if there was a change of captain, it would be Mashrafe as Shakib was not willing.

yaseer
September 13, 2008, 11:20 PM
Where did you get that one from? I thought if there was a change of captain, it would be Mashrafe as Shakib was not willing.

Last week, in an interview with Channel i (in news).......Lipu said BCB is thinking of a new captain......he also said they are thinking to call some old faces back in team after Australia Disaster....and also thinking of a old face to take charge of the team....then they showed the interview of Habibul Bashar as well....
no chance of Mash and Sakib as captain after Lipu's statement i guess

cricket_fanatic
September 13, 2008, 11:26 PM
Last week, in an interview with Channel i (in news).......Lipu said BCB is thinking of a new captain......he also said they are thinking to call some old faces back in team after Australia Disaster....and also thinking of a old face to take charge of the team....then they showed the interview of Habibul Bashar as well....
no chance of Mash and Sakib as captain after Lipu's statement i guess

Cheers!!! Had no idea about it - was way too busy last week to check BC.

Trigger_Tiger
September 13, 2008, 11:35 PM
Players cant play for Bangladesh if they join ICL...they will be banned....whatever performance they show

Ah, my bad, IPL ICL mix up korey felsilam there.

Rafique and Bashar should go if they feel so though.

mafizraju
September 13, 2008, 11:52 PM
boss, u don't get my point..........i'm against it what our players are doing......but u have to beleive this 20's.......in 80-90's , people didn't think about earning moneys, but now...............it's changing..........that's what i was trying to say............we have nothing to do with bro........

Major American cities were consumerist from the beginning of 20's (check out work of Edward Bernays). Most of the modern European countries colonized much of the world to acquire wealth, not to show humility or grandeur.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=Part of the reason we asked for our own right for self governance i.e. independence, was due to since we wanted more control over our money and wealth hence economic destiny.

May be in 20’s subcontinent or the world was more benign a place for a poor. I don’t know that. I have no reason to believe that either. Our kings and emperors made grand structure for their wives and mistress, overlooking mass graves of our hungry babies. These are the realities of civilization. Grand structures of Arabian Peninsula are now a days being made on Slave labour as once was American empire.

So my dear friend, money is what has driven this world. Money, Title and Status is what we compete for. Only handful great minds over the course of human history of 150 thousand years were able to rise above these things.

Our players are no prophet. Neither they live in a prophetic and ever more prosperous society. I have no right to take ones due if I cant compensate him for what is rightfully his.

BD Tigers
September 14, 2008, 12:29 AM
Dhaka Warriors can beat the BD national team hands down. They shud have some practice match before going to the ICL.

CholCholBD
September 14, 2008, 12:38 AM
what makes the ICL so special that players will be banned to play for their international side?

Trigger_Tiger
September 14, 2008, 12:43 AM
what makes the ICL so special that players will be banned to play for their international side?

The fact that BCCI, which is the International Cricket Council in reality, the organization that feeds the sham ICC its funds will not gain much from it!

Akib
September 14, 2008, 12:50 AM
I do wish they would play in the IPL instead of ICL, since its at least officially allowed, and obviously playing more cricket is good for our players (especially the younger ones). This I-L mess needs to be fixed. Either they merge, or one has to be closed. Its ridiculous.

Trigger_Tiger
September 14, 2008, 12:52 AM
I do wish they would play in the IPL instead of ICL, since its at least officially allowed, and obviously playing more cricket is good for our players (especially the younger ones). This I-L mess needs to be fixed. Either they merge, or one has to be closed. Its ridiculous.

Problem is though that our players do not have such a great face value in a glamorous tournament such as the IPL. They are just not "BOLLYWOOD CRICKET" material yet :)!

Akib
September 14, 2008, 01:13 AM
Yea that is true. I'm hoping that some of them can get into the Ranji trophy, or even one of da lower levels of cricket in England or Australia (i highly doubt a county team would use their overseas player on ashraful). It would be good for them. It would expose them to different conditions, as well as help them hone their game, against players more suited to their level.

HereWeGo
September 14, 2008, 01:21 AM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/369708.html

Indian Cricket League
Bangladesh players likely to join ICL
Cricinfo staff
September 14, 2008
The ICL has generated interest among cricketers in Bangladesh, with both former players and those in the current squad keen to join the unofficial league. According to a report in the Bangladesh daily Prothom Alo, Habibul Bashar, Mohammad Rafique, Tapash Baisya, and Manjarul Islam are among the 14 cricketers who are slated to play in the unofficial league.
The list also comprises players from the current squad - Alok Kapali, Aftab Ahmed, Nizamuddin, Shariar Nafees, Farhad Reza, Dhiman Ghosh - who are likely to sign lucrative contracts as well. The players were part of the team that were thrashed 3-0 in the three-match one-day series against Australia earlier this month. It is expected that the players will soon submit a letter to the Bangladesh Cricket Board seeking permission to play in the ICL.
However, Kiran More, who is on the ICL's executive board clarified to Cricinfo that no formal agreement had been reached. "We are currently in the state of discussion with a few Bangladeshi players but nothing has been finalised yet." He, however, declined to reveal the names of the players with whom the ICL was in touch
The new ICL season will begin on October 10, featuring 34 matches across four venues in India. The league, however, is yet to find backing among the national cricket boards around the world with its status becoming a contentious point among the ICC members.
© Cricinfo
<STYLE type=text/css>.popup { position:absolute;}</STYLE><SCRIPT language=javascript src="/navigation/cricinfo/emailfreind.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><!--Include this JavaScript library once in the BODY of your HTML page--><SCRIPT src="http://widgets.clearspring.com/launchpad/include.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT>

jahidus200
September 14, 2008, 01:53 AM
you guys i will be so mad if aftab plays in icl . because he is our number one hard hitter batsman .if bangladesh lose this player we will be so weeek team . ohhhhhhh man that freaking news is really heart me

Sohel
September 14, 2008, 02:12 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MI24HgwK4m0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MI24HgwK4m0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ICL won't last for long, but we need to.

Nocturnal
September 14, 2008, 02:23 AM
start my day with this news - front page PA, checked CI - yup it's already there.......since then I'm losing it!!
we invest our tax payers money and time on them and now they are leaving...... :(
Alok, Aftab, SN, Dhiman, Nazimuddin, Reza, Mosharraf Rubel -plz don't go!

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 02:40 AM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/content/current/story/369708.html

<script language="javascript" src="/navigation/cricinfo/emailfreind.js" type="text/javascript"></script><!--Include this JavaScript library once in the BODY of your HTML page--><script src="http://widgets.clearspring.com/launchpad/include.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Cricinfo is taking the reference of Prothom-alo in this report...so they dont have any news by themselves regarding this

The prothom-alo news was by Utpol Shuvro....and he is the best in business in bangladesh, normally he does not go wrong in his articles.....hopefully this time he goes wrong.......

AsifTheManRahman
September 14, 2008, 02:42 AM
i agree but...

...doesn't the ICC mandate that all boards - including the BCB - release all players who play for the ICL??? in other words isn't the decision outside the BCB's control?

i just hope it is not, and BCB retains these guys.Read the article that I posted on the first page. The ICC, a bunch of jokers that it is, is yet to make a firm decision on this issue.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 02:54 AM
Read this article (http://cricket.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/3464513.cms). I doubt the ICC has the balls to do anything about it if the BCB gives these guys the green signal. At most, we will be tapping on some pumping veins at the BCCI and lose any prospect of touring India, which in reality we had lost a long time ago.

Then why New-zealand not re-calling Shane Bond? Why not Pakistan calling Razzak back....So, every other nation following the BCCI's path which has silent support by ICC.

So, i am not sure whether BCB will go opposite, going totally opposite direction to others may not be a good idea.....also financially and also with other important issues....we will always be needing support of BCCI...its not only abt touring India.

AsifTheManRahman
September 14, 2008, 03:09 AM
There's no point blaming the players for their decisions. No one can force them to stay. Let's not get too emotional and start labeling them as rajakars. They are doing what they think will be the best for themselves and their families and the choices they make are personal: even if they aren't a 100% committed to national duty, the fact that they are joining the ICL with the knowledge that their international careers may very well be over puts to rest any scope of criticizing them for occupying spaces in the national team while their minds are elsewhere.

We can't expect these guys to sacrifice a far superior income especially when they see no future playing for Bangladesh. We can't expect them to put national duty ahead of their lives when we have been constantly putting them in an unfair position in international cricket. While they are to be blamed for their failures, the BCB has to share a lot of the responsibilities as well.

This isn't about what you or I would have done. It's not easy for someone in his early twenties to digest the kind of bashing that we receive in every series. Besides, our players are not skilled enough and nor do they have the mental strength to cope with the demands of international cricket. Given the circumstances, they will never make as much as they are being offered by the ICL; not only because sponsors, clubs and the board won't pay them that much, but also because there is no certainty, given the fact that they simply aren't good enough, that they will play international cricket for too long.

If your mind isn't on the job, please do quit. That's what these guys are doing. If anything, it's scary that they see no future serving us. Labeling them as unpatriotic is probably not appropriate in this context.

All of this, of course, given that UP wasn't just trying to get a pay raise.

AsifTheManRahman
September 14, 2008, 03:13 AM
Then why New-zealand not re-calling Shane Bond? Why not Pakistan calling Razzak back....So, every other nation following the BCCI's path which has silent support by ICC.

So, i am not sure whether BCB will go opposite, going totally opposite direction to others may not be a good idea.....also financially and also with other important issues....we will always be needing support of BCCI...its not only abt touring India.We're not going in the opposite direction compared to everyone else. No country other than India will have a problem if we retain our ICL players. We shouldn't have to ban them just because every other country is banning their players against their will. Besides, the ICC doesn't quite have the balls to strip us of our test status.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 03:27 AM
We're not going in the opposite direction compared to everyone else. No country other than India will have a problem if we retain our ICL players. We shouldn't have to ban them just because every other country is banning their players against their will. Besides, the ICC doesn't quite have the balls to strip us of our test status.

I got your point....

But like you mentioned, other countries banned players against their will....as other could not go against BCCI....if we do so....will it not be a suicidal approach? And are we in a state of showing this level of Guts....if 1/2 countries would have allowed there players to play....then i should have said...dont ban players...but there is no one who has not followed BCCI's foot-step, willingly or unwillingly.

bdchamp20
September 14, 2008, 03:31 AM
Ashraful/Mashrafe/Tamim may have not joined ICL this season but the fact that there will be a Dhaka team means that these ICL ba**ards won't stop trying unless they get the best players playing for the league. Will we stop these players next season when they'll see how crap players are earning crores of Takas by only playing one month of T20 cricket a year? And I don't think ICL has stopped recruiting yet, expect t hear some more names in the coming days.

AsifTheManRahman
September 14, 2008, 03:31 AM
It all boils down to this: what can the BCCI do if we don't ban our ICL players? I don't see how they can hurt us in any way. Do remember that they need our support during polls at ICC meetings as much as we do theirs. One less vote and several important issues could go against them.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 03:33 AM
There's no point blaming the players for their decisions. No one can force them to stay. Let's not get too emotional and start labeling them as rajakars.

Agree 100%.......

......labeling with this kind of words is very very emotional and childish attitude...

bdchamp20
September 14, 2008, 03:35 AM
Agree 100%.......

......labeling with this kind of words is very very emotional and childish attitude...
Sorry for that, I was sleepy and when I first read the news I just lost it a bit. I'll of course edit it.

MohammedC
September 14, 2008, 03:56 AM
Ki ekta khobor porlam gumta haram hoye gelo. All I would say let them go if they want to.

bangla-red
September 14, 2008, 03:59 AM
This is bad, very bad. How about the BCB offer the players to the IPL instead for half-price? We can't lose Aftab (hard-hitting), Nafees (minnow-bashing), Mosharrof (great prospect) etc.

Huda
September 14, 2008, 04:27 AM
It all boils down to this: what can the BCCI do if we don't ban our ICL players? I don't see how they can hurt us in any way. Do remember that they need our support during polls at ICC meetings as much as we do theirs. One less vote and several important issues could go against them.

ICL isn't an ICC sanctioned tournament, and if anyone plays for them you automatically cannot play for the national team because the BCCI said so. But like you said we are going in the wrong direction so if we play these so called banned players, firstly will BCCI/ ICC oppose this? secondly if they do, they will make threats which will eventually cause the BCB to not to play these players.

fais
September 14, 2008, 04:27 AM
why not get the BD government to ban cable channels that show ICL that would make this team completely pointless. nobody other than the bangladeshis are going to watch any DW matches - without viewers no DW team. solved :p

BD-Shardul
September 14, 2008, 04:33 AM
I absolutely agree with ATMR.

The best thing is not to ban our players from representling Bangladesh even if they play ICL. Doing otherwise will just ruin BD cricket.

And players who will play ICL shouldn't by any means be called unpatriotic. Even Mahela Jayawardene just a few days ago admitted that at the end of the day everyone is driven by money.

And I am feeling that our inconsistent bunch will perform very consistently and superbly in ICL. Money talks.

PA article also reveals some players are not satisfied with Mohammad Ashraful being permanent in national team despite being inconsistent while they have to pay price if they don't perform. This hints that even if the players sing they support our captain, deep down in their heart they sometimes may find it hard to digest the netagiri of a non-performer. Its natural.

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 04:33 AM
wee will miss aftab, dhiman and reza if they go........plz keep them at any cost.........don't care about basar and s. nafis

Dhakablues
September 14, 2008, 04:34 AM
This is a mixed news.. on one hand you would be glad that finally 14 Bangladeshi players will be playing for a league and play as unit.. Dhaka Warriors, wow!!!.. making 200,000 USD each. Thats really a great news. A strategic move by ICL to get more sponsorships, viewers..

On the hand, losing players like Nafis, Dhiman, Reza,, is a huge loss. They are national players who are to be playing against NZ in a month!! Thats the sad part to not being able to see them again in national scene. At the end, I think BCB will try to keep few of these players. If a player resigns from the national team,,, What else can BCB do? Nothing. However, I think BCB cannot go against ICC/BCI and include these players in national team any more. It wont happen.

All in all,, I didnt think I have seen the end of Aftab/Dhiman/Nafis.. but sadly, it can happen. I am glad that now BCB will have to be cautious about these contracts and selection policy...After this, BCB should learn the lesson to award longer term contracts and not pick and drop players like newsrack magazines and treat them like "nothing" and get another U19 replacements. Atleast, thats what they still do with players like Reza, Rasel, Dhiman.

All in all,, if Dhaka Warriors do end up in ICL, I will definitely follow the league and I am sure thousands of us will..

Razi
September 14, 2008, 04:38 AM
Who knows DW may be coached by DW...!!!

BD-Shardul
September 14, 2008, 04:38 AM
wee will miss aftab, dhiman and reza if they go........plz keep them at any cost.........don't care about basar and s. nafis

"hat baadhlam re, pa bandhlam re, mon badhmu kemne?"

You can restrict them from playing IPL by hook or by crook, but by doing this you will not be able to extract 100% commitment from them when they play for national team.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 04:41 AM
PA article also reveals some players are not satisfied with Mohammad Ashraful being permanent in national team despite being inconsistent while they have to pay price if they don't perform. This hints that even if the players sing they support our captain, deep down in their heart they sometimes may find it hard to digest the netagiri of a non-performer. Its natural.

I think you mis-understand the point in the article. Its not about dis-satisfaction.......players said, if they were permanent in national side like ASH/Mash are......they would not have thought of going to ICL.....not that they are unsatisfied with ASH/Mash being the permanent member.....

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 05:08 AM
According to ATN News, 6 national cricketers have already submitted letters to BCB and withdrew themselves from the national team.

PlanetPak
September 14, 2008, 05:08 AM
Good for them!

Why should only the "premier" players make money?

Banning of ICL players is 100% wrong, instead of trying to convince the players to NOT sign the BCB should be try to hold talks with the BCCI.

hoodlum
September 14, 2008, 05:13 AM
we cant let aftab and nafees go....it would be a disaster really...

Razi
September 14, 2008, 05:25 AM
According to ATN News, 6 national cricketers have already submitted letters to BCB and withdrew themselves from the national team.

Miraz bhai who are those 6 cricketers, any idea?

fais
September 14, 2008, 05:26 AM
we cant let aftab and nafees go....it would be a disaster really...

no really won't. yes these players have shown us a few good performances but none of them are indispensable. none of the players have prevented us from embarassing defeats repeatedly. look at the bright side we might discover some new talents ?

zainab
September 14, 2008, 07:05 AM
I think that Aftab is on the permanent payroll now, I dont think he is being dropped and then re selected. He has been like that or a while. I will miss him the most. I hope that the BCB can convince him to stay.
Why is India doing this to the BD players and wrecking their careers. I guess the Indian cricketers do not want to risk their chances of playing for their national team one day, so the BD cicketers are easy pickings.

WarWolf
September 14, 2008, 07:06 AM
<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MI24HgwK4m0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

ICL won't last for long, but we need to.
Welcome back Sohel Bhai.

SS
September 14, 2008, 08:46 AM
Do they really think they will be given chances to be included in final 11 for the teams they will play for in ICL. Remember Raz got to bowl only 2 overs and gave away 22 runs in T20 format after that he was a ball boy!!!

Rubu
September 14, 2008, 08:48 AM
BCB should give them ultimatum that if they ever go, that is their final going. they will not come back and government should revoke their passport as bangladeshi. Its the country people's money that got them there and they cannot betray them.

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 08:54 AM
Do they really think they will be given chances to be included in final 11 for the teams they will play for in ICL. Remember Raz got to bowl only 2 overs and gave away 22 runs in T20 format after that he was a ball boy!!!

The final XI will be made out of these 14 players.

Rabz
September 14, 2008, 10:19 AM
There are two sides of every coin.

Bashar, Rafiq,Md Sharif,Baisya made a very good decision. Beside Rafiq(who already retired), none of them have any reasonable chance of getting back in the national team. Being paid $200,000, ie TK 1.4 Crore, is a LOT of money. Its hard to look past.

I have a mixed feelings for Shahriar Nafees and Aftab. Despite being on the wrong end of 20's, they still had much more to give to our national team. They have been given enough chances to prove their worth in the natioal team, which brought a mixed result. Even though some of thier performances are outstanding, others were not that bright.

Dhiman, Rubel, Nazim. Well, they dissapointed me, really.
Still so early in their career, they could have waited few more years to start looking down the barrel.

As an employer (BCB), i'd feel a bit let down. BCB have invested a lot of money to make them who they are today. Despite our lacking in various departments, these are the players who were the core component of the team and we were looking to develop based around this nucleus.

I guess u cant have both ways. Atleast, they have made up thier mind which way they wanted to go for.

Its all comes down to what satisfies you. Players like Aftab, SN earns around TK 25 lacks a year, which i think totally justifies thier performance. 25 Lacks taka is more than sufficient to live in Bangladesh, even in these days of high inflation.

Rafiq and Bashar probably given their money's worth. One being the most successful captain and test batsman and the other arguably one of our finest sons, they've given a lot.

SN and Aftab? Not given enough.

Nizam and Alok? probably a good choice for them.

..and the rookies? just naive, insecurity and lack of self believe. Goes to show our Bengali mentality, looking for easy way out.

Guess there can be only one Mr. Cricket.

On the other side of the coin, BCB needs to make a firm stance on this issue.
Nothing personal, but things needs to be done for the better of Bangladesh cricket.
If they have shown their back on Bangladesh Cricket, they should receive the same.

This means barring this players from being associated with BCB. No access to their facilities, resources. This players should not be allowed to use BCB gyms, not be allowed to play BCB sanctioned tournaments ( Premier League, First Division Cricket, National 20/20, or even Third grade league).

Message needs to be sent to other players, and that has to be a very clear message. If I invest on you, i would expect a ROI.

With lack of proper physical training facilities, without a proper trainer, lack of match practise and proper guidance, i want to see how far they can go with just few weeks of boom boom cricket.
I dont think ICL is paying for them to train and be fit in India. If the players are doing them from their own pocket, good luck.

Being all said and done, there is something fundamentally very wrong within the national team.
This is just an initial expose. A team just does not go down from commandable performance in WC'07 to where we are today.

Before we start pointing our fingers to all directions, we should know the right place to point the fingers at.

Sad day.

SS
September 14, 2008, 10:23 AM
The final XI will be made out of these 14 players.
Thanks Miraz bhai..I was bit sarcastic and used Raz as an example to get that amount of money for carrying bottle for a leage team...i guess money is the key thing nowadays ...carrying bottle or even playing for a league team is more than representing a country.

SS
September 14, 2008, 10:34 AM
As an employer (BCB), i'd feel a bit let down. BCB have invested a lot of money to make them who they are today. Despite our lacking in various departments, these are the players who were the core component of the team and we were looking to develop based around this nucleus.

If they have shown their back on Bangladesh Cricket, they should receive the same.

Message needs to be sent to other players, and that has to be a very clear message. If I invest on you, i would expect a ROI.

I dont think ICL is paying for them to train and be fit in India. If the players are doing them from their own pocket, good luck.

Being all said and done, there is something fundamentally very wrong within the national team.
This is just an initial expose. A team just does not go down from commandable performance in WC'07 to where we are today.
Before we start pointing our fingers to all directions, we should know where is the right place to point the fingers at.

Great observation and some insightful posts from Rabz. Our cricket team has not only fallen in performance but also in morale. Our players are running after money and playing for the country is not any more their goal in life. Not sure if the 'negative side' of professionalism making them take this decision. They are young and will understand this when they will mature. Even all of us in BC too. We also look for better standards in life and think about ourselves more than patriotism to survive in this materialistic world. But we realizes when we get old, if we honestly ask question to our souls swhat we contributed for human kind, we barely have one or two things to mention.

ZunaidH
September 14, 2008, 10:54 AM
I think this is really great news for bangladesh Cricket. This will create opportunity for players from bangladesh to compete at a level significantly higher than what they are playing right now. Couple of other benefits I can see are:

1) Create a pathway for other budding cricketers finding a path to earn some decent money and learn what it takes to be a professional
2) ICL would eventually become a mainstream league and get moving with franchise based cricketing instead of silly international rivalry. Think Brett Lee or Kevin Pieterson playing for Dhaka Warriors!
3) Reduce quantity of ODI's and increase quality of ODI's
4) ICC becoming more of a dvelopment and governance kind of organization like FIFA and we will see less silly news like Daryl Hair saga. (Nobody hears about football referees getting fired)
5) In the longer run get some of the incompetent BCB people fired and make BCB a leaner and more effective organization.

Nice going!

ZunaidH
September 14, 2008, 10:56 AM
Folks;
Please try to think out of the box. 8 years of test status and really what have we done? The real issue has always been "money". Whatever we have been doing did not work. Let's look at alternatives like ICL to breed and develop players.

Z.

Mahmood
September 14, 2008, 11:27 AM
As long as BCB can make Aftab and Dhiman stay, this is a good thing, win win situation. We will have 2 national teams, we will follow ICL with passion, more fun for us. And the national team will get better replacements that was not possible as dropping these big names (and low performers) would not be allowed. Believe it or not, we will find a good partner for Tamim real soon.

thebest
September 14, 2008, 11:42 AM
Sydny aka Rabz,
the post of the day. :notworthy:

al Furqaan
September 14, 2008, 12:12 PM
the real fear is, who will leave next.

it might be tamim or rajib.

God help us.

PlanetPak
September 14, 2008, 12:16 PM
I think this is really great news for bangladesh Cricket. This will create opportunity for players from bangladesh to compete at a level significantly higher than what they are playing right now. Couple of other benefits I can see are:

1) Create a pathway for other budding cricketers finding a path to earn some decent money and learn what it takes to be a professional
2) ICL would eventually become a mainstream league and get moving with franchise based cricketing instead of silly international rivalry. Think Brett Lee or Kevin Pieterson playing for Dhaka Warriors!
3) Reduce quantity of ODI's and increase quality of ODI's
4) ICC becoming more of a dvelopment and governance kind of organization like FIFA and we will see less silly news like Daryl Hair saga. (Nobody hears about football referees getting fired)
5) In the longer run get some of the incompetent BCB people fired and make BCB a leaner and more effective organization.

Nice going!

Why would Lee and KP join ICL when they are already making tons of money via IPL and Stanford?

Dhakablues
September 14, 2008, 12:20 PM
Seems like Hurricane Ike didnt really hit Houston,, but Dhaka Cricket base

WarWolf
September 14, 2008, 12:32 PM
I have a feeling that the reason for the poor show in Australia is the excitement amount the players for ICL.

al Furqaan
September 14, 2008, 12:51 PM
i hope ATMR is right. if so, then we're OK.

but the sad thing is, guys like aftab and SN retired. they had to be upset about their PT, yet they were out of form. these guys didn't have their heads on in the right way anyways. it might be a good riddance situation.

at least ash knows his priorities.

Bancan
September 14, 2008, 12:56 PM
at least ash knows his priorities.

I read somewhere in the forum that so far he has resisted the offer. Can he resist for long though? What if the money goes up......no matter what we say, money talks.

BANFAN
September 14, 2008, 02:58 PM
the real fear is, who will leave next.

it might be tamim or rajib.

God help us.

ASH

If dropped from captaincy

cricman
September 14, 2008, 03:01 PM
ASH

If dropped from captaincy

He's a Douchebag

AsifTheManRahman
September 14, 2008, 04:22 PM
The fact that they have retired changes things a bit. I would have been happier if they had still made themselves available for national duty. The BCB wouldn't have to ban them, the BCCI and the ICC wouldn't be able to touch us and other countries would start loosening the restrictions on their players. Club cricket would rise and the game of cricket would be the eventual winner.

fais
September 14, 2008, 04:28 PM
SN is such a bloody loser. just cos Ashraful got the captaincy instead of him. i wouldn't be at all surprised if these ICL people pull the rug from right under him.

BANFAN
September 14, 2008, 04:34 PM
The fact that they have retired changes things a bit. I would have been happier if they had still made themselves available for national duty. The BCB wouldn't have to ban them, the BCCI and the ICC wouldn't be able to touch us and other countries would start loosening the restrictions on their players. Club cricket would rise and the game of cricket would be the eventual winner.

I think they have taken a good decision by resigning themselves. BCB won't have to ban them officially. Otherwise BCB wouldn't have anyother option but to ban them. PCB has banned the players who played in ICL and BCB would have followed them without any doubt. If BCB didn't ban them, our test status will be under the sword immediately. I am afraid, BCB might even declare a ban for these players, even it is not necessary legally, just to please BCCI/ICC.

Rubu
September 14, 2008, 07:21 PM
some of these players has been part of the underXX team for a long time and it takes a LOT of money to groom them. I think from now on, BCB should have a clause in their contact to prevent this from happening. a 110% of the total cost back would be OK.

ZunaidH
September 14, 2008, 07:23 PM
some of these players has been part of the underXX team for a long time and it takes a LOT of money to groom them. I think from now on, BCB should have a clause in their contact to prevent this from happening. a 110% of the total cost back would be OK.

Rubu;

The trend will change soons. Dhaka Warriors will probably create players faster and better than BCB will ever deliver. For their own survival these teams would go age deep to identify and groom talents from all over the country and the world.

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 12:55 AM
Rubu;

The trend will change soons. Dhaka Warriors will probably create players faster and better than BCB will ever deliver. For their own survival these teams would go age deep to identify and groom talents from all over the country and the world.
Almost all of them have been formless and worthless for quite a bit of time. There's no reason to think that they would become Tendulkar or Lara over a night.