PDA

View Full Version : Dhaka Warriors

Dizzy
September 14, 2008, 12:19 AM
The news is absolutely correct. Indian Cricket League (ICL) officials and scouts have been visiting Dhaka for the past year or so and negotiating with several players, especially Mohammad Ashraful.

Ashraful has been approached from the first tournament and he has resisted the offer. He has confided to one reporter (I know him personally) that he is very very tempted because the sum of money is 'huge'. (The guy earns the most among the Tigers so the sum is nearly close to 10 crores).

I genuinely believe that it will create a massive void in Bangladesh cricket, something that will take two decades to correct.

I can understand Habibul Bashar, Mohammad Rafique, Manjural Islam and Golam Mabud
joining ICL. There is only rumor that Bashar will be back in the Tigers side and Rafique, as you all know, has retired. Golam Mabud, one of three brothers who play for Sylhet, has fitness issues and is a professional in Dhaka. A big money move is like a dream to someone like him so it is logical that he won't let it go.

But a lot of money has been invested on Aftab Ahmed, Alok Kapali, Shahriar Nafees, Nazimuddin, Dhiman Ghosh, Forhad Reza, Mosharraf Hossain, Tapash Baisya, Mohammad Sharif and to some extent on Mahbubul Karim (Abahani's robust opener) over the years.

I know some of them personally and if the whole thing goes through, it won't surprise me. Take the case of Shahriar Nafees. He skipped the Australian tour and is reported to be unhappy with the selectors and Siddons.

Then there's someone like Forhad Reza. I've played with him this year and I can go the distance and say that he would called a fool in his community if he let this opportunity go.

I will keep posting in this thread as soon as I get more news on the matter. For now, drop in your comments.

akabir77
September 14, 2008, 12:28 AM
Let us know some inside scope...

Dizzy
September 14, 2008, 12:33 AM
Definitely. I have heard of these ICL scouts for a long time but never thought much of it. And look at what Utpal'da did.

He's a very good reporter and credit must go to him for such a superb piece of journalism.

And if these (the ICL deals) don't go through, he must be credited for the job.

I will have a talk with him if possible and let all of you know how it all panned out.

BD Tigers
September 14, 2008, 12:41 AM
can u please tell us for which club u play for? And what is yr name?

CholCholBD
September 14, 2008, 12:42 AM
well..if they all go..just end bangladesh cricket i guess...

Trigger_Tiger
September 14, 2008, 12:50 AM
What concerns me is how BCB cannot see it coming! Or do they already know and are turning a blind eye to a matter that can break out back in the near future?

A player terribly out of form is still a player, an asset. And considering how this is Bangladesh, we do not have that good many players who can play well at the international level at present to fill in this massive void that can be created.

Dizzy
September 14, 2008, 01:32 AM
well..if they all go..just end bangladesh cricket i guess...

Nah, that's not how it works. But it'll be a huge blow.

Dizzy
September 14, 2008, 01:36 AM
can u please tell us for which club u play for? And what is yr name?

I used to write in this forum. But it was my laziness that made me stop.

I played for Old DOHS this season.

HereWeGo
September 14, 2008, 01:42 AM
Is there anything that can be done to stop the move? what are the choices for BCB???
neone ne idea?

Niceman70
September 14, 2008, 02:27 AM
this is crazy..

Antora
September 14, 2008, 02:50 AM
NO NO NO NO and NO!!!!!
I don't mind the others...but NAfees!!! why? Aftab? WHY? DHIMAN??? why? why? why? All of them had a bright future ahead of them. Our team is not very good when it comes to batting and with these people leaving......amader ki hobey? :(
IDIOTS!!! I'm gonna miss Nafees, Aftab and Dhimmy ....I really like them..and now i'll never see them play for BD...:( I think I'm gonna cry! what idiots....they had such a bright future ahead of them............. I feel like slapping them!

tonoy
September 14, 2008, 02:58 AM
Frankly, this is quite a tough situation. I really hope that Nafees doesn't take this offer. But I would understand if does take up the offer, since it is indeed huge amount of money. STUPID ICL!!!

Razi
September 14, 2008, 03:10 AM
Thanks a lot Dizzy, waiting to hear more from you about this issue.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 03:15 AM
This is an Indian Conspiracy to destroy Bangladesh Cricket

I am sure not only ICL members....people from other areas also in this conspiracy....This is a 1st phase implementation of a long term planning to destroy us....BCB should do anything to stop current players to join ICL...because if they join there...BCB may have no option left but to Ban them

Just think, why ICL is going for Bangladeshi players? They should have gone for Srilankans players first after Lahore Badshah's success....and a Srilankan team would have made ICL much more competitive and attractive than the Bangladeshi players they have selected. I smell something here....

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 04:03 AM
Welcome back Dizzy.

fais
September 14, 2008, 04:19 AM
i can't believe that these players are stupid enough to make this consideration. really, a bangladeshi team with half a team of decent players and another half random set of players that have at most been tested at the academy level are going to play against the likes of bond and klusener and give Dhaka Warriors any wins...ya right...the Dhaka Warriors will lose miserably every one of their match or have a lucky fluke but unlike BC (which will continue to exist even it loses 50 matches back to bac) - the ICL is completely financially motivated and as a result the DW will no longer exist in a year or two (or even the ICL will not exist) as a result of its poor performance.
if these youngsters don't have enough sense to realise that all this will do is give them a short money injection and nothing more then, they are plain stupid. 2 crores may be a lot of money but to be honest its not as if aftab, dhiman, farhad, SN are earning **** and are on the streets begging. they all earn reasonable amounts, command a BD following and are able to obtain an international exposure that in the future with a more consistent performance get them into the IPL, county teams or other such financially rewarding positions. For once I beg our bangladeshi brothers to show some common sense and think long term and not short term.
I shall now step of the soap box.

Razi
September 14, 2008, 04:23 AM
This is an Indian Conspiracy to destroy Bangladesh Cricket

I am sure not only ICL members....people from other areas also in this conspiracy....This is a 1st phase implementation of a long term planning to destroy us....BCB should do anything to stop current players to join ICL...because if they join there...BCB may have no option left but to Ban them

Just think, why ICL is going for Bangladeshi players? They should have gone for Srilankans players first after Lahore Badshah's success....and a Srilankan team would have made ICL much more competitive and attractive than the Bangladeshi players they have selected. I smell something here....

This is a very good point yaseer, I am also smelling something fishy here or else why they would go for our players when there are so many better players in English county, Srilanka, etc. If they would have chosen one or two or at best five players than I would have not think like this. But making a team naming 'Dhaka Warriors' with all BD players really doesn't sound normal to me. These Indians are too clever and our board and players need to be aware of that.

Dhakablues
September 14, 2008, 04:46 AM
Lets not smell rats in everything.. if it is a move to destroy Bangladesh cricket,, then it sure is a good one and an expensive one indeed. What are the chances that ex players like Bashar, Rafique, Manju would be ever picked for national team? Who can gurantee that Dhiman/Reza/Nafis will be guranteed a place in national team? This is not an Indian ploy to destroy our cricket,, its an Indian business ploy to attract more Bangladeshi money via tapping a huge cricket crowd. Indians know how passionate Bangladeshi supporters are,, and given a name like Dhaka Warriors,,, wouldnt a Bangladeshi cricketers want to know whats happening to them? Heck, I will buy the series everytime!!!

Yes, losing players like Aftab/Nafis/Dhiman is a huge loss,, but If I were them, I would take the $200,000 than a possible 6 months contract of 5000; especially, if I am Alok, Bashar, Golam Mabud...

As I said in another post,, I think this is a mixed news and confusing how to react because we want our players to play major leagues but we dont want them not to be seen again in international scene again,,, epecially if they start to make some name/fame.. wouldnt it be sad if Dhiman suddenly becomes a Gilchrist? or Reza becomes a Razzaque?

bdchamp20
September 14, 2008, 04:49 AM
This is all over news channels so I guess it's confirmed.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 04:57 AM
This is all over news channels so I guess it's confirmed.
talking about bangladeshi news channel?

hoodlum
September 14, 2008, 05:12 AM
disaster for bd cricket

khalek
September 14, 2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks for the memories... Aftab, Nafees, Reza, Dhiman, Alex and Bashar!

Nafi
September 14, 2008, 09:37 AM
Should be called Dhaka Traitors

ialbd
September 14, 2008, 10:21 AM
yea the news is all over....

'Bangladesh Cricket' is the only loser in this deal. Somewhat proud of Ashraful for resisting a 10 crore taka temptation (but dont know for how long). BCB immediately needs to sit with the players to sort this out. The only reason for jumping to the conclusion that 'this will kill our cricket' is all the secrecy and the underhand dealings the ICL officials are rolling with.... looks ominous enough...

Akib
September 14, 2008, 10:26 AM
I dun't think this kills our team, but it does destroy any depth we had. Who do we go to when one of our batsman get injured now???????

dash
September 14, 2008, 10:50 AM
yea the news is all over....

'Bangladesh Cricket' is the only loser in this deal. Somewhat proud of Ashraful for resisting a 10 crore taka temptation (but dont know for how long). BCB immediately needs to sit with the players to sort this out. The only reason for jumping to the conclusion that 'this will kill our cricket' is all the secrecy and the underhand dealings the ICL officials are rolling with.... looks ominous enough...

Coz he had the temtation of IPL, we might lose him also in the near futue

MohammedC
September 14, 2008, 11:02 AM
Who will open the first Match Thread?

akabir77
September 14, 2008, 11:17 AM
BTW guys Bashers best friend is Golla and I can't believe that he was not offered to join. I have a feeling that he denied to join can Ismam Bro find out about this? I think he is a true gentle man and a true warrior for Bangladesh.

All these players are not Dhaka worrior they should be called Dhaka Razakars.

thebest
September 14, 2008, 11:36 AM
This is blessing in disguise. With the exception of Dhiman and HB all the others are either rotten apple (for example Aftab, Kopali, SN) or passed their sell date (fe Manju, Taposh) or mediocore (Farhad, Rubel). It is a win-win situation for us. If DW succeds it would open door for our cricketers in more lucarative IPL, Stanford and Sydny Grade. If DW fails we lose nothing except some few nights sleep

HereWeGo
September 14, 2008, 11:41 AM
Aftab kapali and Farhad are 3 of the best players we got...
whom are u kidding bro...

Rabz
September 14, 2008, 11:51 AM
Lets not call names guys.
Its thier life and ultimately, their decision.
May be we feel a bit let down, but they had to make a choice.
Glad they made one, and unfortunately, its not in our favour.

Neither parties can have it both ways.

Good post Dhakablues.

BD Tigers
September 14, 2008, 11:51 AM
I used to write in this forum. But it was my laziness that made me stop.

I played for Old DOHS this season.

wow. I played for them for 4 years when they were in 2nd division. then I left the country.

Beamer
September 14, 2008, 11:59 AM
BTW, who or what entity owns the Dhaka Warrior's? Where are they based, assuming they are in Dhaka, and who is bankrolling the team? It is under ICL as a franchise as that much is given. Maybe Dizzy can shed some light on it. Eventually it will come out..

Kana-Baba
September 14, 2008, 12:15 PM
Should be called Dhaka Traitors

Ha Ha .. good name

or it can be called 'Dhaka Wary' club and they can only include puran dhakar polapin. :-D

One serious note, I think BCB should attempt to keep only aftab and dhiman... no one else.

uss01
September 14, 2008, 12:22 PM
I agree. Perhaps now BCB will select batsmen who won't throw their wickets away i.e. bring back experienced, older and more resposible first class batsmen like Ehsanul Haque. We don't have many but this move by the younger players should force BCB to consider more older players.

This is blessing in disguise. With the exception of Dhiman and HB all the others are either rotten apple (for example Aftab, Kopali, SN) or passed their sell date (fe Manju, Taposh) or mediocore (Farhad, Rubel). It is a win-win situation for us. If DW succeds it would open door for our cricketers in more lucarative IPL, Stanford and Sydny Grade. If DW fails we lose nothing except some few nights sleep

arafath79
September 14, 2008, 12:32 PM
Bangladesh Govt. should impose a huge amount of tax for those cricketers who are going to play ICL. BCB should charge those cricketers 20% of their match fee which was offered by the ICL community and use that money to improve the domestic cricket structure.

arafath79
September 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
I still don't want to see Aftab is playing for ICL. We still need Aftab in the national team and Dhiman needs to play as a wicket keeper for BD team as well.

I don't care if players like Alok,Bashar, Mossarof, Sharif, Manju never play for BD national team at all.

Akib
September 14, 2008, 12:38 PM
I agree. Perhaps now BCB will select batsmen who won't throw their wickets away i.e. bring back experienced, older and more resposible first class batsmen like Ehsanul Haque. We don't have many but this move by the younger players should force BCB to consider more older players.

I always wondered why ehsanul haque wasnt on the team. His fc stats are good for a bd player.

Dizzy
September 14, 2008, 03:08 PM
See, I can agree with all your comments or I can disagree and you can do the same.

We can argue all night but what I'm about to do is give you facts, what I have seen and heard in the last 15 years of Bangladesh cricket..and what I saw tonight.

Again, you can disagree with me as much as you want. But this is plain, hard fact (with a few of my own insights).

1. If this report wasn't done, BCB could have easily hid it from everyone, given them permission and got away with it. Later people would have complained but by then, they would have received commissions and ICL would have a Dhaka Warrior team pretty easily.

2. Anything can be done to stop it. BCB can tell them. The process, I believe, is underway although some of them have turned their cell phones off. BCB asked them to talk on Tuesday, maybe force some to stay...but thats all. Once they sign for ICL, they are history.

3. Out of the 14, Shahriar Nafees is adamant for the move. Apparently, he didnt like being dropped in the Asia Cup. He doesn't like Siddons and thinks that he has been hard done by. If anyone moves, it has to Shahriar. But here's a pointer: A lot has been spent on a player like him, while bringing him up through the ranks. It just stinks that he just turned his back on the people who made him, although he said that he took no favours for playing for Bangladesh.

4. Indian conspiracy? I think even the cable television that we see is a conspiracy. Just see how we celebrate our Gaye Holud function. It's out of any hindi serial. It's a far-fetched claim but there's some truth in it. I wouldn't disagree with this notion.

5. Forhad Reza is not stupid but I think he's one of those commercial cricketers who ply their trade in Dhaka. He just got lucky that he played under Khaled Mashud (no malice intended).
These guys do not look too far. They are all about fast cash and quick deposits. They don't realise that this concept can end any time. What happens after that? I will tell you what. Two decades ago, a West Indies rebel team went to South Africa, entertained the white folks in pure Apartheid times and made a lot of money. Soon, the money evaporated and they became pariah in their own islands. Two of them are beggers in Antigua. I read an article about them in CricInfo magazine last year. It's compelling but the moment I heard of this ICL-Bangladesh thing, it reminded me of those poor fellas.

6. The two amounts thats flying about are maximum $200,000 and minimum $30,000. Say one takes the minimum... it is equal to 22 lakh taka. To be honest, it is not a LOT OF MONEY when you compare it to our leagues. You get home comforts and friendly umpires (no malice, seriously). Seriously, they haven't thought it out. Or one can say, they just don't think much.

7. As I wrote before, i can understand why Bashar would go, but Nafees or Aftab, just shocks me. Is this what BCB and all their foreign coaches over the years taught them? (that was a dig)!!

8. Unfortunately, some of these 'rebels' have said that Ashraful told them to move and according to good sources, it is our national captain who is behind all this. Here's a fantastic quote from a really big sports reporter: "He has good ground work in everything, except his batting"

9. ICL are not doing it underhand. It is all pretty much out in the open now, thanks to the media's work.

10. It does work against Bangladesh cricket but you know, the game is bigger than everything.

11. You know what, Javed Omar hasn't said much but there's rumour that he might ask BCB for a raise and a permanent place in the Tigers for another 10 years!

12. Don't call them Dhaka Razakars. That's something which doesnt work here. So I'd really agree if you understand that this is a game, after all.

13. Aftab is a big loss. Kapali is not happy with management but Forhad Reza is no good.

14. In the end, they have just become the biggest example of putting too much egg in one basket. They were made kings overnight and I think, it was unfair to the country's cricket.
There were very good players who suffered because these players were given undue chance in their younger days. Yes, I am one of them. I was once called up in a Under-17 camp for taking 22 wickets in a tournament. They didnt even let me bowl once in the trial and chose a very 'good' left-arm spinner (now he's banned and can only bat, you can do your own guesswork).
Okay, its not personal but I believe in fate and the fact that the whole world is a nice, fine circle that Allah lets us work into.

What comes around, goes around.

Dizzy
September 14, 2008, 03:11 PM
wow. I played for them for 4 years when they were in 2nd division. then I left the country.

Your name.

Dizzy
September 14, 2008, 03:12 PM
BTW, who or what entity owns the Dhaka Warrior's? Where are they based, assuming they are in Dhaka, and who is bankrolling the team? It is under ICL as a franchise as that much is given. Maybe Dizzy can shed some light on it. Eventually it will come out..

ICL entirely bankrolling them although it is traditional (!) for a local biggie to finance them. I just think that ICL dont want this team to run for too long. So I guess its still a temporary thing.

Dizzy
September 14, 2008, 03:13 PM

Ehsanul Haque should never be considered for one simple reason and the same reason he was dropped in 2003: HIS ATTITUDE.

If statistics were everything...then i guess a lot of world's greats would never make it as they have.

But that guy, he's got issues..serious ones.

Dizzy
September 14, 2008, 03:14 PM
Bangladesh Govt. should impose a huge amount of tax for those cricketers who are going to play ICL. BCB should charge those cricketers 20% of their match fee which was offered by the ICL community and use that money to improve the domestic cricket structure.

Imposing taxes would be undemocratic. They are not earning illegally and it is just playing cricket. Yes, they are going against the country but the BCB should have done a better choice before they made them big stars (i speak about Dhiman, Forhad, etc)

BANFAN
September 14, 2008, 03:34 PM
Imposing taxes would be undemocratic. They are not earning illegally and it is just playing cricket. Yes, they are going against the country but the BCB should have done a better choice before they made them big stars (i speak about Dhiman, Forhad, etc)

Infact, they will get a tax rebate as they are earning in FC :)

They can't make new tax policy for 14 persons, lol

While there are 100s Phd Bhaguras. :)

karimjay.
September 15, 2008, 06:33 AM
Maybe Ash resisted because he's hoping for a IPL contract:lol:.

I've decided I will give up on Bangladesh cricket completely if Tamim decides to go. I see it happening.

What a mess.

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 07:35 AM
Ehsanul Haque should never be considered for one simple reason and the same reason he was dropped in 2003: HIS ATTITUDE.

If statistics were everything...then i guess a lot of world's greats would never make it as they have.

But that guy, he's got issues..serious ones.
Would you like to inform us the issues with his attitude?

Dizzy
September 15, 2008, 07:43 AM
Would you like to inform us the issues with his attitude?

You can ask anyone who's played or playing alongside him.

I am sorry but Sizan is someone nobody wants to play with. He's alleged to be creating groups and cliques within teams. He moves with these groups.

He makes sure that youngsters are not around in his team and whenever he captains a team, inevitably.. there's a big issue of his role and his temperament.

I fully respect his record but statistics don't make a cricketer although it accentuates one.

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 07:49 AM
You can ask anyone who's played or playing alongside him.

I am sorry but Sizan is someone nobody wants to play with. He's alleged to be creating groups and cliques within teams. He moves with these groups.

He makes sure that youngsters are not around in his team and whenever he captains a team, inevitably.. there's a big issue of his role and his temperament.

I fully respect his record but statistics don't make a cricketer although it accentuates one.
I hope you don't mind asking...Do you have personal experiences with Sezan?

BappyHayat
September 15, 2008, 08:01 AM
---------------------------------------------------

8. Unfortunately, some of these 'rebels' have said that Ashraful told them to move and according to good sources, it is our national captain who is behind all this. Here's a fantastic quote from a really big sports reporter: "He has good ground work in everything, except his batting"

-------------------------------------------------

DIZZY - can you please explain (or find out) how close our captain was involved in this mess?

Can we think him as a culprit? I have to clean-up my mind as he is the only (looser) star we got left!

This is FACT

Fazal
September 15, 2008, 08:55 AM
So where can I see Dhaka Warriors? Anybody knows the schedule and if they are going to telecast?

This team will be much more competitive (hopefully) run be more competent management. When the team will successfully land, more players will jump the ship... I am just waiting for frustrated Mashrafee and Razzak joining the team. Who knows ... Tamim will make the move next season may be.

Under Lipu and Siddon and captained by the joker Ashraful is becoming the laughing stock for every one. Every time Ash fails to lead and then tries to find a performing young player as a scapegoat and tells to the reporters that is the reason of our failure (instead of praising him) and as long as Siddon plays a passive role in these kinds of nonsense, more young players will be frustrated and jump the ship.

As a fan and a consumer of BD teams, I care less.... whoever gives me better product I will follow them, be it BD National Team (or is it a joke team) or Dhaka Warrior.... whoever wins, I am for them..... Give me a win baby... and I am happy.

Dizzy
September 15, 2008, 09:16 AM
---------------------------------------------------

DIZZY - can you please explain (or find out) how close our captain was involved in this mess?

Can we think him as a culprit? I have to clean-up my mind as he is the only (looser) star we got left!

This is FACT

He is very close. I just had a talk with an ex-captain (won't name him) and according to him, Ashraful even asked him to go, along with him. Meaning: Ashraful was about to sign for this ICL deal but somehow didn't. Maybe, he backed out thinking he will bite off more than he can chew.

We can't plainly say that he's the culprit but he's got some hand in it.

Dizzy
September 15, 2008, 09:17 AM
I hope you don't mind asking...Do you have personal experiences with Sezan?

No.

rainmaniac
September 15, 2008, 09:29 AM
do u ppl think, there will be a team called dhaka warriors in the IPL? y will the indian make an absolutely different n special team for the bangladesh cricketers? i hav a feeling they r still taking revenge for the world cup:waiting:

thebest
September 15, 2008, 09:44 AM
Dizzy, thank you for the insight

Baundule
September 15, 2008, 10:25 AM
So where can I see Dhaka Warriors? Anybody knows the schedule and if they are going to telecast?

This team will be much more competitive (hopefully) run be more competent management. When the team will successfully land, more players will jump the ship... I am just waiting for frustrated Mashrafee and Razzak joining the team. Who knows ... Tamim will make the move next season may be.

Under Lipu and Siddon and captained by the joker Ashraful is becoming the laughing stock for every one. Every time Ash fails to lead and then tries to find a performing young player as a scapegoat and tells to the reporters that is the reason of our failure (instead of praising him) and as long as Siddon plays a passive role in these kinds of nonsense, more young players will be frustrated and jump the ship.

As a fan and a consumer of BD teams, I care less.... whoever gives me better product I will follow them, be it BD National Team (or is it a joke team) or Dhaka Warrior.... whoever wins, I am for them..... Give me a win baby... and I am happy.

I share Mamu's feeling. :up:
I watched last year's ICL in Sopcast (probably ZeeTv), it is a pretty competitive tournament. I was so happy to see Lance Klusener playing again with the same old fire; but neglected in the SA team. Razzak (Paki) was another player, who played pretty well. I want to see some real competitive cricket also from our boys.

akabir77
September 15, 2008, 10:55 AM
See, I can agree with all your comments or I can disagree and you can do the same.

We can argue all night but what I'm about to do is give you facts, what I have seen and heard in the last 15 years of Bangladesh cricket..and what I saw tonight.

Again, you can disagree with me as much as you want. But this is plain, hard fact (with a few of my own insights).

1. If this report wasn't done, BCB could have easily hid it from everyone, given them permission and got away with it. Later people would have complained but by then, they would have received commissions and ICL would have a Dhaka Warrior team pretty easily.

2. Anything can be done to stop it. BCB can tell them. The process, I believe, is underway although some of them have turned their cell phones off. BCB asked them to talk on Tuesday, maybe force some to stay...but thats all. Once they sign for ICL, they are history.

3. Out of the 14, Shahriar Nafees is adamant for the move. Apparently, he didnt like being dropped in the Asia Cup. He doesn't like Siddons and thinks that he has been hard done by. If anyone moves, it has to Shahriar. But here's a pointer: A lot has been spent on a player like him, while bringing him up through the ranks. It just stinks that he just turned his back on the people who made him, although he said that he took no favours for playing for Bangladesh.

4. Indian conspiracy? I think even the cable television that we see is a conspiracy. Just see how we celebrate our Gaye Holud function. It's out of any hindi serial. It's a far-fetched claim but there's some truth in it. I wouldn't disagree with this notion.

5. Forhad Reza is not stupid but I think he's one of those commercial cricketers who ply their trade in Dhaka. He just got lucky that he played under Khaled Mashud (no malice intended).
These guys do not look too far. They are all about fast cash and quick deposits. They don't realise that this concept can end any time. What happens after that? I will tell you what. Two decades ago, a West Indies rebel team went to South Africa, entertained the white folks in pure Apartheid times and made a lot of money. Soon, the money evaporated and they became pariah in their own islands. Two of them are beggers in Antigua. I read an article about them in CricInfo magazine last year. It's compelling but the moment I heard of this ICL-Bangladesh thing, it reminded me of those poor fellas.

6. The two amounts thats flying about are maximum $200,000 and minimum $30,000. Say one takes the minimum... it is equal to 22 lakh taka. To be honest, it is not a LOT OF MONEY when you compare it to our leagues. You get home comforts and friendly umpires (no malice, seriously). Seriously, they haven't thought it out. Or one can say, they just don't think much.

7. As I wrote before, i can understand why Bashar would go, but Nafees or Aftab, just shocks me. Is this what BCB and all their foreign coaches over the years taught them? (that was a dig)!!

9. ICL are not doing it underhand. It is all pretty much out in the open now, thanks to the media's work.

10. It does work against Bangladesh cricket but you know, the game is bigger than everything.

11. You know what, Javed Omar hasn't said much but there's rumour that he might ask BCB for a raise and a permanent place in the Tigers for another 10 years!

12. Don't call them Dhaka Razakars. That's something which doesnt work here. So I'd really agree if you understand that this is a game, after all.

13. Aftab is a big loss. Kapali is not happy with management but Forhad Reza is no good.

14. In the end, they have just become the biggest example of putting too much egg in one basket. They were made kings overnight and I think, it was unfair to the country's cricket.
There were very good players who suffered because these players were given undue chance in their younger days. Yes, I am one of them. I was once called up in a Under-17 camp for taking 22 wickets in a tournament. They didnt even let me bowl once in the trial and chose a very 'good' left-arm spinner (now he's banned and can only bat, you can do your own guesswork).
Okay, its not personal but I believe in fate and the fact that the whole world is a nice, fine circle that Allah lets us work into.

What comes around, goes around.

I feel for you bro and I agree with you 100%. I was also thinking that line ok even if they earn 2 Koti Taka what happens after 3 years? they are planning to come back to NTL team? Is that possible or once you play ICL you are banned for life? I think they were told that they can come back to NTL team after they stop playing for ICL. Else it doesn't make sense. They all can do match. This money will run out then what r they going to do if they can't play local leagues and stuff? It doesn't make any sense...

Dhakablues
September 15, 2008, 11:11 AM
I feel for you bro and I agree with you 100%. I was also thinking that line ok even if they earn 2 Koti Taka what happens after 3 years? they are planning to come back to NTL team? Is that possible or once you play ICL you are banned for life? I think they were told that they can come back to NTL team after they stop playing for ICL. Else it doesn't make sense. They all can do match. This money will run out then what r they going to do if they can't play local leagues and stuff? It doesn't make any sense...

To answer the question.. players like Kapali/Reza/Dhiman/Bashar was not going to get any Koti taka from BCB either. Look what happened to Baisya? After doing so much for Bangladesh Cricket and giving us the famous win against the Australia,, he is a forgotten name and semi-retired. But it was not too long ago that he was the cheif player. BCB does not take care of the ex-players and there is no doubt about that.. since there are just, well way too many ex-players. Thanks to our innovative ever-young selection policy.

What would do they do after the money runs out? Well,,, things would be the same except, they might get a renewed contract, they might get Indian ad endrocements or maybe come back and join other things in life. Cricket is never a good source of earning when you are not in the national fold in Bangladesh. And an average span of player in national team is really not even 3 years. Hence, I would say, the players who are not the "automatic" choice,, did the right thing for their career. After all, they are professional players with an intent to play the game of cricket.

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2008, 11:16 AM
With 14 player pitching 1 crore, totalling 14 crore, then can create a better league in Bd after 3 years. Possibilities are endless.

AsifTheManRahman
September 15, 2008, 11:21 AM
I share Mamu's feeling. :up:
I watched last year's ICL in Sopcast (probably ZeeTv), it is a pretty competitive tournament. I was so happy to see Lance Klusener playing again with the same old fire; but neglected in the SA team. Razzak (Paki) was another player, who played pretty well. I want to see some real competitive cricket also from our boys.I too am one of those blokes looking forward to catching the Warriors games on the triple W in the upcoming season. We're a bit short on the bowling though.

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 11:59 AM
No.
How can you know about his attitude then sir? This is a big allegation you know.

thebest
September 15, 2008, 12:14 PM
I am little bit frightened to hear JO's comeback. HB please do us another favor - take your friend with you.

HereWeGo
September 15, 2008, 12:14 PM
How can you know about his attitude then sir? This is a big allegation you know.

Dude, I am sure he has played long enough to have an insight on most players. I can give you details of the profs of my faculty in my University although i have never even met some of them.

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2008, 12:17 PM
Dizzy,
Welcome back. A breathe of fresh air.

How come Rajin didn't get it?

++++

I do not feel losing SN, Aftab, Dhiman, Nazim is a loss to the national team. Matter of fact it is a good thing. Weeds are no longer there. Now the only loss was the cost grooming them. The opportunity lost was for some others else grabbing those spots.

BANFAN
September 15, 2008, 01:33 PM
they are planning to come back to NTL team? Is that possible or once you play ICL you are banned for life? I think they were told that they can come back to NTL team after they stop playing for ICL. Else it doesn't make sense. ...

It's not a life ban at all. They cab come back whenever they discontinue with ICL. Atleast theoretically that's the rule.

But don't know if the selectors in BD can come out of usual vindictive & partisan attitude to sellect some of them. If there are some massive performers, it may also be hard to ignore.

bdchamp20
September 15, 2008, 02:38 PM
Dizzy,
Welcome back. A breathe of fresh air.

How come Rajin didn't get it?

++++

I do not feel losing SN, Aftab, Dhiman, Nazim is a loss to the national team. Matter of fact it is a good thing. Weeds are no longer there. Now the only loss was the cost grooming them. The opportunity lost was for some others else grabbing those spots.
Maybe because by the time Rajin gets off the mark the whole ICL tournament would be over.

bdchamp20
September 15, 2008, 02:43 PM
I think the team should've been named Chittagong or even Khulna for once.

rashed_va
September 15, 2008, 03:04 PM
Perhaps now Bangladesh will voluntarily step down from its Test status and relieve ICC. I can see the smirks on some of the Bangladesh critics - it is all a conspiracy! Just kidding, or may be not ....

rashed_va
September 15, 2008, 03:13 PM
But seriously, what is the big deal? These payers were not doing too well with the national team any ways. Watching them turned into a big embarrasment. Very soon ICC would drop us from test status one way or the other. I just hope in the midst of all these, our domestic cricket will pick up and roll on its own.

KnightBD
September 15, 2008, 03:29 PM
It is a bit of loss to lose some of this cricketers from our Nat team, but, look at the bright side, they will represent BD in ICL (i will rather follow ICL than IPL from now on).

Aftab, Dhiman and SN are the only loss to me. Nazim and Farhad are not consistent enough, as we have good enough replecement for them. Rest is not any concern for the Nat team (for domestic league, yes).

So all I am trying to say is : Go Dhaka Worriers Go....:flag:

enaner
September 15, 2008, 09:47 PM
GO DHAKA WARRIORS! cant wait to watch them play. I just hope they don't disappoint like the national team does year after year

babubangla
September 15, 2008, 10:04 PM
DHAKA WARRIORS: The Official Version
http://shahidul.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/rab.jpg

DHAKA WARRIORS: The Public Version
http://shahidul.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/teargas-liton.jpg

Fazal
September 15, 2008, 10:06 PM
MarHaba Marhaba... BB is Back !!!!

bujhee kom
September 15, 2008, 10:16 PM
[QUOTE=babubangla;734812]DHAKA WARRIORS: The Official Version
i like 'jakir'! he is one badass rabman!
looks like he eats leg of lamb for diner!
i will make him my avatar!

Zeeshan
September 15, 2008, 10:36 PM
DHAKA WARRIORS: The Official Version

i can almost hear baywatch's -are-u-ready- theme song ringing in the background as they make into the screen in slo mo

rossi83
September 16, 2008, 10:58 AM
Hey Dizzy

I think it should work better for bangladesh cricket...in the sense if they can make a reputation in the ICL..if our players can play better in professional sense...in fact without Aftab ,Rafiq there have been similar profiles in domistic cricket. There is good back up...

i think we should take it positive in that sense that our players are showing their performance in a tournament...

Hope they will win and win something good news for bangladesh country,,,

The performance of BD team has made us waited for change..May be this is a form of change,,,,

There is nothing to loose in cricket of Bd ...
Rossi

Nocturnal
September 16, 2008, 01:46 PM
Hey Dizzy

I think it should work better for bangladesh cricket...in the sense if they can make a reputation in the ICL..if our players can play better in professional sense...in fact without Aftab ,Rafiq there have been similar profiles in domistic cricket. There is good back up...

i think we should take it positive in that sense that our players are showing their performance in a tournament...

The performance of BD team has made us waited for change..May be this is a form of change,,,,

Rossi

Welcome to Bangla Cricket- Rossi :)
Enjoy your stay.
You might wanna check out this intro thread (http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/showthread.php?t=6983).

Tigers_eye
September 16, 2008, 01:49 PM
Dear Rossi,
Welcome to BC. I must say it was 82. Not 83.

bangla-red
September 16, 2008, 01:53 PM
It's not like they'll be any good, I mean, look at the international team, and half the ICL team are basically unheard of. I fear what'll happen to them...

Nocturnal
September 16, 2008, 02:12 PM
Dear Rossi,
Welcome to BC. I must say it was 82. Not 83.

good one T_E bhai :-p

How sweet: :-D
QF- 3 vs Brazil
SF- 2 vs Polland
Final- 1 vs Germany

WarWolf
September 16, 2008, 02:17 PM
Habla and T20.....My foot...

Dizzy
September 16, 2008, 03:10 PM

I know and unfortunately, most people you will talk to, in Dhaka cricket, will say the same.

Dizzy
September 16, 2008, 03:13 PM
To answer the question.. players like Kapali/Reza/Dhiman/Bashar was not going to get any Koti taka from BCB either. Look what happened to Baisya? After doing so much for Bangladesh Cricket and giving us the famous win against the Australia,, he is a forgotten name and semi-retired. But it was not too long ago that he was the cheif player. BCB does not take care of the ex-players and there is no doubt about that.. since there are just, well way too many ex-players. Thanks to our innovative ever-young selection policy.

What would do they do after the money runs out? Well,,, things would be the same except, they might get a renewed contract, they might get Indian ad endrocements or maybe come back and join other things in life. Cricket is never a good source of earning when you are not in the national fold in Bangladesh. And an average span of player in national team is really not even 3 years. Hence, I would say, the players who are not the "automatic" choice,, did the right thing for their career. After all, they are professional players with an intent to play the game of cricket.

Only 11 people can play for Bangladesh so the likes of Tapash must've performed to stay in the team. We have a very good NCL now. They are getting well-paid, obviously not as much as they get in ICL but its good.

I guess money is very, very important.

WarWolf
September 16, 2008, 03:14 PM
I know and unfortunately, most people you will talk to, in Dhaka cricket, will say the same.
Ok brother. Thanks for the information. I really know very little about him.

Dizzy
September 16, 2008, 03:14 PM
Hey Dizzy

Rossi

We can only wish them well.

cricket_king
September 16, 2008, 11:58 PM
I hope this team fails miserably. And most likely, being former Bangladeshi cricketers, they will.

yaseer
September 17, 2008, 12:17 AM
I hope this team fails miserably. And most likely, being former Bangladeshi cricketers, they will.

I just want completely opposite, and i will be supporting the Warriors and following the ICL.

This will be interesting to see when ICL starts, what will be the reaction of BD fans. But I think at the end, everyone will be supporting the Warriors like me, as they are representing Bangladesh and Bangladeshi brand of cricket.

So, I am going to support our players, and my opinion is everyone should also support. This only promote us and our brand of cricket.

BANFAN
September 17, 2008, 12:34 AM
The fact that these boys have dared to form a team and compete with the current ICL teams, shows their character. This is completely new and goes to show that, they don't agree with JS's concept of ignoring the win/loss and be happy with some petty individual achievements. They have displayed that they want to win & are confident to prove that they can win. That's a fundamental shift in attitude for a BD player. I would love to follow these couragious boyz to see how they transform as an individual cricketer in the international arena.

Cheer up, Dhaka Warriors

Trigger_Tiger
September 17, 2008, 12:47 AM
They have displayed that they want to win & are confident to prove that they can win. That's a fundamental shift in attitude for a BD player. I would love to follow these couragious boyz to see how they transform as an individual cricketer in the international arena.

Cheer up, Dhaka Warriors

Where was this attitude when playing for the National team? Money or not, even if kicked around and booted off the team, if their mantel was so strong, why did they not band together then like they have now and achieve better for themselves and their countries? Or is the weight of expectation from their countrymen too much for them to shoulder? If so, why ever think of playing cricket in the first place for the national team? Why work so hard for "10 years" and constantly keep whining about it?

I will support the team for my country's sake and wish they prosper.

But some parts of your post actually made me realize how two-faced and double-timing people they are, and how shallow their character is - Not based on the fact that they left for personal reasons, but for bringing matters such as you mentioned above up.

*Note*: Mods and Admins, pardon me if I went over the line somewhere in this post please.

checkmate
September 17, 2008, 01:56 AM
ICL/BCB saga has been one of the most interesting event happened in Cricket in the recent time.For quite some time Cricket had become more of a political game, where power and money has been the driving factor. This is the result of it. Its almost like a movie, The key players ICC, BCCI, ICL, BCB, the 6 players of Bangladesh, the people of Bangladesh and cricket. I cant say what will be the result of this, can show u a few things.

In regard to this issue: On a certain date, they gave test status to Bangladesh , not completely for their ability but more for the benefit a certain quarter. At that point Bangladesh didn’t have a proper first class structure, their win against Pakistan was controversial . but they were given the test status, more to gain a Vote for the Asian Bloc, at that time Bangladesh was in par with teams like Kenya, Kenya still doesn’t have a test status. Bangladesh had a strategic position. These people didn’t care about cricket, but more about their position and power in ICC. BCB would just have to support the a certain Bloc BCB wouldn’t mind coz it brings Money to them and power. In all this it was a Blessing for the people of Bangladesh, It opened opportunity for them to make a name, in the international arena. to make their country proud. Hard work of some people like (Akram Khan) gave belief in young children of Bangladesh to follow this game, to make a career out of it.
What should have been good at that point, BCB should have tried to be organized, accountable after getting this opportunity, but like their Boss ,They cared less about cricket and more about money, and personal benefits. result…Bad selection policy, (Aminul Islam )not much development in the game. The development came more due to international pressure from media, and the talent of the young cricketers who had passion for this game.
ICC comprised of 10 test playing countries .the Asian Block(India, Pakistan , Srilanka , and Bangladesh) and Bangladesh was added to support this block. And most of the revenue comes from this side. India the main contributor. Thus u can say in a way India (BCCI is the boss).even here they had their differences , but to hold power in decision making they stayed together. Most of the criticism came from Australia, and England, the main opponent of the Asian Block.
ICL has been the Brain child of Kapil Dev, (the man who gave india the first and only world cup) helped by businessmen.He never got due credit for what he did. It was an act of rebel against the BCCI, who have been running cricket for money. So like a tyrant to hold its place, They used ICC to Ban this league, and invent IPL with more money. At this point this was a good move by BCCI. And ICL was almost out.
Now intrestingly, Bangladesh was one of the country who didn’t get much notice in IPL.ICL guys had seen this, and the bad selection policies of BCB and heart break of some of these young cricketers had given them the opportunity to attack Bangladesh. Even here it’s more to do with strategic point than ability of players. This makes BCB vulnerable, the Critics will try to take the test status of Bangladesh, thus making the asian block weaker .and most likely BCCI ,It might open opportunity in other cricket boards as well. Which will force ICC to recognize ICL, even if this doesn’t happen ICL will still make more money due to the fan base of Bangladesh.
Intresting to see that Bangladesh has been here the strategic point .Last time it happened it benefitted Bangladesh in a way, might do again, but will depend on what steps they take. I completely don’t blame the cricketers, this is the result of Unorganized running of Office, and some weak players.The main loser here are cricket,and people of bangladesh

abu2abu
September 17, 2008, 04:15 AM
A fine post checkmate.

The BCB needs to incentivise players to play for BD. The BCCI could help in this. What about making it compulsory for all IPL franchises to pick at least one BD player? Thsi is all the fault of the ego-ridden BCCI, it's time they were made to pay...

checkmate
September 17, 2008, 06:54 AM
That can be done,but i dont think it will solve the problem,BCB has to improve its selection policies,Some of these players have the passion to play, what needs to be done, performance should be credited,and no free rides in the national team,Consistent performance should be the criteria for selection.If BCB doesnt Correct themselves now,more Cricketers will start moving out for opportunity.And ICL will always keep an eye around to put pressure on ICC to legalize them.

Tintin
September 17, 2008, 12:12 PM
It is technically possible for Dhaka Warriors to play in the Bangabandhu stadium ? BCB no longer owns it, right ?

Tigers_eye
September 17, 2008, 12:21 PM
It is technically possible for Dhaka Warriors to play in the Bangabandhu stadium ? BCB no longer owns it, right ?
Well NSC owns that. They exclusively gave the rights to Football and Track and Field divisions.

Technically if they can get NSC agreed I see no barriers for them to hold a match or two there. However, it has been said the middle of the stadium was destroyed (not suitable for Football) because of the pitches that were put in there. So I doubt they can hold a cricketing event there (or get a permission).

The best way ICL can move in to Dhaka market is make a deal with Dhaka University, Residential Model College (Private), BAF Shaheen college (Semi Private)etc. who can provide the grounds. ICL can improve the facilities with minimal investment. I think all other cricketing grounds are affiliated with BCB.

bdchamp20
September 17, 2008, 12:55 PM
Well the ICL league games aren't played on a home and away basis so there isn't really a need for the Traitors to have a home stadium.

kalpurush
October 15, 2008, 02:52 PM
Now what?! [বাংলা]অলক মিঞাতো শতক মেরে দিল...
Re-union of Alok Fan Club soon I guess!?!

Congrats to Alok - being the 1st ICL TON holder.
[/বাংলা]
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/icl2008/content/current/story/374109.html

AsifTheManRahman
October 15, 2008, 03:16 PM
[বাংলা]অলকের মুক্তি চাই,
বিসিবির বিচার চাই।

অলক তুমি এগিয়ে চল,
আইসিএলে সেঞ্চুরী মার।

বিসিবির বাগানে,
বোমা মারেন গুনে গুনে।

অলক করলে একটি রান,
বিসিবিতে বোমা ফাঁটবে একখান।

জাগো বাঙ্গালী জাগো,
অলককে ফিরিয়ে আনো।
[/বাংলা]

kalpurush
October 15, 2008, 03:21 PM
[বাংলা]অলকের মুক্তি চাই,
বিসিবির বিচার চাই।

অলক তুমি এগিয়ে চল,
আইসিএলে সেঞ্চুরী মার।

বিসিবির বাগানে,
বোমা মারেন গুনে গুনে।

অলক করলে একটি রান,
বিসিবিতে বোমা ফাঁটবে একখান।

জাগো বাঙ্গালী জাগো,
অলককে ফিরিয়ে আনো।
[/বাংলা]
আসিফ ভাই, খাশা হইছে!:clap:
চালিয়ে যান...
আমরা আছি আপনার পিছে...:karate:

Ashfaq
October 15, 2008, 03:31 PM
Yes, Alok's Fans can start celebrating, he did what nobody else did, hitting a century in ICL....

A little background info; batting stylewise, as a spectator I always loved Kapali, second to Ash in his style and strokeplay. Everytime he stroked a ball out of the ground my mood brightened.

But today, I watched probably his best innings, yet my mood didn't brighten. Each six he hit was like a canan shot to my heart. Each of his four's tore my heart. When he reached 100 I didn't celebrate. You know why?

Because each of his shot reminded me of what Bangladesh is missing. That batsman out there is my product. I paid for his willow until very recently. Now he's no longer mine and
what's worse he's hit form right after deserting me.

I guess that's how people feel when there GF's run off with their best friend and live a long happy life.:sigh:

I guess there's not much we can do. We'll progress with our current crop of player and hopefully we'll not see another Kapali.

nsd3
October 15, 2008, 03:35 PM
I don't understand why Bangladeshi newspapers always say Dhk Warroirs have posted a very good total blah blah. In India an innings of 190+ in a 20/20 match would be a good competitive one. This time they scored 168 and last time it was even lower and the newspapers (BD) were saying till writing the report the team scored huge total blah blah blah. Those totals were never enough to win and those were as good as they could score in a 20/20 match. The real story should be they would never gonna win if they continue to score such below average scores.

Ashfaq
October 15, 2008, 03:43 PM
I don't understand why Bangladeshi newspapers always say Dhk Warroirs have posted a very good total blah blah. In India an innings of 190+ in a 20/20 match would be a good competitive one.

Last time I cheked, 170 is the avarage score for a real competitive 20-20 match, more so in ICL. Untill Harccha took the match away(Read Reza dropped the match) from Dhaka, our score of 168 wa the highest in ICL this year. And Dhaka almost won despite having a Bang WC 2003 + Rafique type bowling attack. So the score was, undoubtedly not avarage, more so for a team of bengladesh where T20s usually produce below 150. Remember, last year nat'l T20 league? it was like a shortened version of Limited over cricket with RR hovering near 6.

AsifTheManRahman
October 15, 2008, 04:14 PM
because each of his shot reminded me of what bangladesh is missing. That batsman out there is my product. I paid for his willow until very recently. Now he's no longer mine and

I guess that's how people feel when there gf's run off with their best friend and live a long happy life.:sigh:

I guess there's not much we can do. We'll progress with our current crop of player and hopefully we'll not see another kapali.
[বাংলা]সিরাজী ভাই, আপনি টেনশন লয়েন না। ঢাল, তলোয়ার, লাঠি, ঝাঁড়ু, কোঁদাল, বাসন-কোসন - আমাদের যা আছে তাই নিয়ে আমরা ঝাঁপিয়ে পড়ব। আমাদের এত প্রিয় বিসি মেম্‌বারকে আমরা হুমায়ুন আহ্‌মেদের বইয়ের ছ্যাঁকা খাওয়া এমবিবিএস পাস তরুণের মত বঙ্গপোসাগরের জ্বলে ভেসে যেতে দিব না। প্রয়োজন হলে টুথপিক দিয়ে কামান লড়ব। ঘরে ঘরে আগুন জ্বলবে, পথে পথে বিসিবি কর্তাদের কুশপুত্তলিকা দাহ করা হবে। আপনার প্রাণের চেয়েও প্রিয় বান্ধবীকে (অর্থাৎ অলক্‌কে) শত্রুর হাত থেকে ছিনিয়ে আনা পর্যন্ত দম ফেলব না একটাও।

হেলেনকে ভালবেসে মেনেলস্‌ যুদ্ধে গিয়েছিল, মম্‌তাজকে ভালবেসে শাহ্‌ জাহান গড়েছিল তাজমহল। ইতিহাসের এত তুচ্ছ ব্যাক্তিরা যদি তাদের প্রিয়জনদের স্মরণে এত অসামান্য অবদান রেখে যেতে পারে, তাহলে আপনার মত মহামান্য বিসি পোস্টারের ভালবাসার জন্য আমরা এতটুকু করতে পারব না?

এবার দেখি কোন মোখলেসে আমাদের ঠেকায়।[/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
October 15, 2008, 04:22 PM
lathi lagbey. shoja ..... HB, SN'er non-performing forum'a. two weeds killing dhaka's name.

Ahsan
October 15, 2008, 04:30 PM
a true feeling! I feel the same, then again when I see myself I did the same to my country, ...:)

just look at the TOEFL and GRE book you have in your room, that will give you some different perspective and consolation, I guess :)

who knows one day the ban on ICL players will be lift and we may see couple of them playing for the country again!

But today, I watched probably his best innings, yet my mood didn't brighten. Each six he hit was like a canan shot to my heart. Each of his four's tore my heart. When he reached 100 I didn't celebrate. You know why?

Because each of his shot reminded me of what Bangladesh is missing. That batsman out there is my product. I paid for his willow until very recently. Now he's no longer mine and

Dhakablues
October 15, 2008, 10:44 PM
Well the way its going,, ICC/BCCI is now making mends with ICL,, I just wonder what our dumb administration would do. I bet they would stick to their ego and say whatever is done, done.. Yes, Alok once again reminded the world of what he can do. And the good thing is he is doing it more often these days. The ICL saga is not over yet.. I think once the new administration comes, these Lipu, Tipu, Chameli, Hira... wont last for long and we would see a change of hearts.

To think of these players as your posession is outright wrong, to think that somehow you invested in them hence they are your slave to life is just stupidity.. These players represented us with their talent, their skills and worked hard respectively to reach that point. I think one day,, these players will be back again, especially players like Aftab/Alok/Shahrier..

kalpurush
October 15, 2008, 11:51 PM
I think one day,, these players will be back again, especially players like Aftab/Alok/Shahrier..
Dhakablues Bhai, I am glad you didn't mention Farhad's name! He costed the match by sliping a catch at the end...yesterday, like he does consistantly.:o

Also, I do NOT see any hope for Shahrier...:-|

checkmate
October 16, 2008, 12:26 AM
Yes, Alok's Fans can start celebrating, he did what nobody else did, hitting a century in ICL....

A little background info; batting stylewise, as a spectator I always loved Kapali, second to Ash in his style and strokeplay. Everytime he stroked a ball out of the ground my mood brightened.

I guess that's how people feel when there GF's run off with their best friend and live a long happy life.:sigh:

I guess there's not much we can do. We'll progress with our current crop of player and hopefully we'll not see another Kapali.

U may be right,but let me put a different perspective,from one of ur own line

"I guess that's how people feel when there GF's run off with their best friend and live a long happy life.:sigh:"

U see here,u can say your GF betrayed u,or u maybe were not good taking care of her esp if they are living more happily.

U cant always blame them,its more of our selectors fault.how many years,have Kapali sat in the bench,u can say he is inconsistent,not performing.then what about Ash, why is this double standard.ash did give us a few wins.but how many times did he fail us.I am not an Ash basher.but talking here about justice.So my friend dont worry if ur GF has left u,learn from the experience,and do better next time.and if u really love your GF wish the best for her.:D:D:D

BD-BLAST
October 16, 2008, 03:04 AM
Damn these DHOKA WARRIORS. And I know for a long that Shahriar Al Mofees was no good at any forms of the game anymore.

nzfan
October 16, 2008, 03:08 AM
Just make the opposition wear an Ireland shirt, then he will do well even if it is Australia

hoodlum
October 16, 2008, 03:19 AM
Kapali is the man....he probably played one of the most fluent innings i have ever seen...he certainly deserves a place in bd team...bcci has decided to sit wid icl management...lets hope there is some positive outcome

abu2abu
October 16, 2008, 04:13 AM
U may be right,but let me put a different perspective,from one of ur own line

"I guess that's how people feel when there GF's run off with their best friend and live a long happy life.:sigh:"

U see here,u can say your GF betrayed u,or u maybe were not good taking care of her esp if they are living more happily.

U cant always blame them,its more of our selectors fault.how many years,have Kapali sat in the bench,u can say he is inconsistent,not performing.then what about Ash, why is this double standard.ash did give us a few wins.but how many times did he fail us.I am not an Ash basher.but talking here about justice.So my friend dont worry if ur GF has left u,learn from the experience,and do better next time.and if u really love your GF wish the best for her.:D:D:D

This is true. Certain players like Ash, aftab and even Bashar were given second chances and persevered with, whereas others like alok where left adrift. This seems mightily unfair. But that's cricket and it happens all the time.

In England, Owais Shah was continually overlooked during the Duncan fletcher regime. when Alec Stewart was captain Andy Caddick was repeatedly overlooked despite topping the County averages.

These are just two examples off the top of my head. the truth is luck as a big part to play in cricket and Alok should have been philosophical and appreciated that. Rather than focusing on past injustices, he should have been more circumspect. He should have said to himself, I’m in the team now and I should work on keeping my place rather than defecting for the money in the ICL...

Sohel
October 16, 2008, 06:33 AM
A T20 hundred in 59 balls with ELEVEN 4s and FIVE 6s in an international league !!! ...WOW!!!!

Way to go ALOK!!!

Spitfire_x86
October 16, 2008, 08:15 AM
+ Alex scored 100 out of the 138 runs scored after his arrival to crease

AsifTheManRahman
October 16, 2008, 12:26 PM
[বাংলা]এখন পোলাপাইন ঠিকই সুর সুর কইরা এভাটার চেঞ্জ করতাছে - শিখ বাঙ্গালী, আমারে দেইখা শিখ![/বাংলা]

Tigers_eye
October 16, 2008, 12:32 PM
future boroi kharap!! Oi avatar'o change kortey hobay!! lol.

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/icl2008/content/current/story/374220.html

Ashfaq
October 17, 2008, 11:28 AM
[বাংলা]সিরাজী ভাই, আপনি টেনশন লয়েন না। ঢাল, তলোয়ার, লাঠি, ঝাঁড়ু, কোঁদাল, বাসন-কোসন - আমাদের যা আছে তাই নিয়ে আমরা ঝাঁপিয়ে পড়ব। আমাদের এত প্রিয় বিসি মেম্‌বারকে আমরা হুমায়ুন আহ্‌মেদের বইয়ের ছ্যাঁকা খাওয়া এমবিবিএস পাস তরুণের মত বঙ্গপোসাগরের জ্বলে ভেসে যেতে দিব না। প্রয়োজন হলে টুথপিক দিয়ে কামান লড়ব। ঘরে ঘরে আগুন জ্বলবে, পথে পথে বিসিবি কর্তাদের কুশপুত্তলিকা দাহ করা হবে। আপনার প্রাণের চেয়েও প্রিয় বান্ধবীকে (অর্থাৎ অলক্‌কে) শত্রুর হাত থেকে ছিনিয়ে আনা পর্যন্ত দম ফেলব না একটাও।

হেলেনকে ভালবেসে মেনেলস্‌ যুদ্ধে গিয়েছিল, মম্‌তাজকে ভালবেসে শাহ্‌ জাহান গড়েছিল তাজমহল। ইতিহাসের এত তুচ্ছ ব্যাক্তিরা যদি তাদের প্রিয়জনদের স্মরণে এত অসামান্য অবদান রেখে যেতে পারে, তাহলে আপনার মত মহামান্য বিসি পোস্টারের ভালবাসার জন্য আমরা এতটুকু করতে পারব না?

এবার দেখি কোন মোখলেসে আমাদের ঠেকায়।[/বাংলা]

Vhai, It's because of poeple like you that sunrises each morning with a new ray of hope. Thanks for the vision. Hopefully we'll be successful.

Ashfaq
October 17, 2008, 11:38 AM
a true feeling! I feel the same, then again when I see myself I did the same to my country, ...:)

just look at the TOEFL and GRE book you have in your room, that will give you some different perspective and consolation, I guess :)

who knows one day the ban on ICL players will be lift and we may see couple of them playing for the country again!

Lol, how did you know I have GRE books in my room?:-D

Anyway, I don't lement that Alok left us. It's a proffesional decision taken by a professional player. But the fan in me won't let that stop me from hating him.:-|

Anyway, I'm a poor student in Buet, I'll be a poor student in anywhere else. Same can't be said about DW, though. Many of the DW players never played like that form BD. Take one example: Nazim. When was the last time HB performed a diving stop for BD? he's doing that for DW.

Well, that makes me real sad, and disappointed in them too.

Ashfaq
October 17, 2008, 11:46 AM
[/QUOTE]
U cant always blame them,its more of our selectors fault.how many years,have Kapali sat in the bench,u can say he is inconsistent,not performing.then what about Ash, why is this double standard.ash did give us a few wins.but how many times did he fail us.I am not an Ash basher.but talking here about justice.So my friend dont worry if ur GF has left u,learn from the experience,and do better next time.and if u really love your GF wish the best for her.:D:D:D[/QUOTE]

Brother, I look to play no blame game. In this whole ICL debacle you know who's at the loser side? It's us the poor fans. Players got their money, the board got their vindication, new players got a chance to play. What did the fans get? Heartache at watching their favourite players being banned, feeling of betreyal from their heroes and more pain from watching a poor BD side.

Let a guy lement his losses. If it were up to us, ICL saga would never have happened. They only think that can possibly make it better is if the BCB learns. But that's too much to hope for from a BD authoritative body.

Ahsan
October 17, 2008, 11:50 AM
Lol, how did you know I have GRE books in my room?:-D
hehe...as a former BUETian, just a wild guess!

Anyway, I'm a poor student in Buet, I'll be a poor student in anywhere else. Same can't be said about DW, though. Many of the DW players never played like that form BD. Take one example: Nazim. When was the last time HB performed a diving stop for BD? he's doing that for DW.

hehe...we all do that...once we migrate out of country (BD) we show our true geniuses :-)

Ashfaq
October 17, 2008, 12:10 PM
hehe...as a former BUETian, just a wild guess!

hehe...we all do that...once we migrate out of country (BD) we show our true geniuses :-)

Assalamu Alaikum Big brother, should have told earlier. I'm Buet-'06, EEE.

I didn't know that bangladeshi's show their true promise abroad. Usually, only the veru promising bangladeshies get scholership abroad. And obviously MIT provides better facillities than BUET. So any MIT student has a better chance of becoming some one as compared to a student of BUET.

Does that really mean Bangladeshies show true promise abroad?

Although if you consider the fact that many bangladeshi grind out money doing odd jobs in other countries but are too proud to work in BD, it may appear that we work harder abroad. But, consider the income of a UK dishwasher and that of bangladeshi dishwashers. I don't know exactly but I know that a UK DW earns enough to build a house ina bangladeshi suburb, We can't make up this defficiency. So I think accusing a worker of slacking off while in BD and working overtime in UK would be unfair.

I guess that's the case for Dkaka Warriors. Money talks. Even more than national Pride, it seems.

Ahsan
October 17, 2008, 05:05 PM
@Siraji
Walaikum As-Salam.
I can feel your tormented heart by the ICL exodus and the subsequent good performance by some of the players.

Do not take my comment seriously. I was just kidding around to make you feel better. Perhaps it is not working for you but it did work for me to get over it. Hope you will get over, well of course, good way, it soon too.

Good luck, and rather watch Mehrab Jnr and Mushfiq to divert the good feeling towards these guys and those are coming from next in line.

Ehsan
October 17, 2008, 07:15 PM
Just make the opposition wear an Ireland shirt, then he will do well even if it is Australia

This is true about SN, its very pshychological for him even though he has the potential to be consistent.

One World
October 17, 2008, 09:05 PM
Country blessed with Manpower is not supposed to block it within its territory, that's exactly what BD is doing. If BD failed to do that it could be treachourous for foreign countries.