PDA

View Full Version : Six National cricketers retires from Bangladesh team

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 05:12 AM
The following six cricketers have announced their retirement to BCB for taking part in ICL

The cricketers are:

Habibul Bashar
Aftab Ahmed
Shahrear Nafees
Forhad Reza
Dhiman Ghosh
Mosharraf Rubel

PA confirmed this with a report:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/last.issue.news-details.php?issue_id=1045&status=2&li_id=MTA5MjA=

Spitfire_x86
September 14, 2008, 05:23 AM
HB: No loss
Aftab: We still have Ashraful to infuriate us
SN: Junaed is SN's replacement in the making
Forhad: No big loss
Dhiman: We still have Mushfiq
Rubel: SLAs grow in this country by dozens

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 05:23 AM
it is a disaster for bangladesh to be loos player like aftab, nafis, dhiman and reza.......feeling so sad..... Bloody ICL

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 05:25 AM
i really don't care bashar and rubel........but aftab is the big loos

MohammedC
September 14, 2008, 05:27 AM
WOW three thread one topic. Let me open another one

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 05:28 AM
Aftab, SN and Farhad are real big loss, we can cope without the rest.

MohammedC
September 14, 2008, 05:28 AM
Infact I am going to bangladesh and start Twenty20 League.

Razi
September 14, 2008, 05:33 AM
What the heck is going on with these players? They could have played in ICL without retiring. PA report clearly says that ICL has no obligation if any player goes for international duty over ICL matches. So, why didn't they leave it to BCB? Let BCB decide whether to banned them or allow them to play for BD. This retirement was really uncalled for.

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 05:36 AM
it hasn't confirm that player has already retired........they wrote a letter to BCB..........and waiting for BCB's dicision.

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 05:36 AM
Retirement in fact saves BCB from taking controversial decisions.

Now, BCB don't have to ban them. It will make life easy for the administrators. If ICC changes the stance on ICL, they can easily come out of retirement and make them available. Otherwise, this is the end of road for these cricketers which is really sad.

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 05:46 AM
now i understand among these 6 bd player played for money..........go to ICL and get succked by indian people.

Razi
September 14, 2008, 05:47 AM

You are right about all others except Aftab and Dhiman. In Aussie tour Dhiman's lips and bounds improvement really impressed everyone. He was superb with the gloves and compared to others he was also not that bad with the bat either. About Aftab, we really can't afford lose a player like him, I know he was going through a very bad patch before the injury, but still a player like him is always indispensable for BD cricket. His average (25.32) and strike rate (83.54) is not all bad in BD circumstances. At least he could score in the 30's regularly. I think these two players will be badly missed by BD Cricket.

WarWolf
September 14, 2008, 05:48 AM
They better do. This action from them arises clear questions about their national commitment and patriotism. This is the reason we are still such a bad team. No commitment, no passion for country. Money hungry nasty bunch of losers. I feel ashamed because they will carry the "Bangladeshi" tag in ICL.

I only can consider Bashar because his duration in national team seems to be over. So no problem in making some money.
The following six cricketers have announced their retirement to BCB for taking part in ICL

The cricketers are:

Habibul Bashar
Aftab Ahmed
Shahrear Nafees
Forhad Reza
Dhiman Ghosh
Mosharraf Rubel

PA confirmed this with a report:
http://www.prothom-alo.com/last.issue.news-details.php?issue_id=1045&status=2&li_id=MTA5MjA=

WarWolf
September 14, 2008, 05:53 AM
I want cancellation of their citizenship. They don't deserve to be here in BD. Better they should apply for indian citizenship.

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 05:56 AM
I want cancellation of their citizenship. They don't deserve to be here in BD. Better they should apply for indian citizenship.

i agree with you............

WarWolf
September 14, 2008, 05:59 AM
They forgot they had been nothing. Still they are nothing, Our poor country gave them the opportunity to be stars (though flop ones). Without performing they get huge salary ( considering local economic structure and salary levels).

Our poor country gave them more than what they could ask for. Because of their lack of commitment our cricket is now in very risky position. These bunch of losers now flying away forgetting their duty to their country. Actually I can't write. I lost my words.

Chiiii Chiiii Chiiiii Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Thuhhhhh.

nmhimal
September 14, 2008, 06:00 AM

100% support from me

Spitfire_x86
September 14, 2008, 06:01 AM
We always complain that they're wasting the taxpayers' money. Now they won't take anything from BCB anymore, instead they'll bring some foreign currency to our country.

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 06:02 AM
BCB will hold an emergency meeting tomorrow or day after tomoroow to decide the fate of these players. After talking with an insider it is clear that the players are not alone, there are some other influential people who are arranging everything.

There is a slim chance of government interference as the BCB cheif, who is a general, isn't apparently happy with the developments.

Trigger_Tiger
September 14, 2008, 06:03 AM
Aftab, SN and Farhad are real big loss, we can cope without the rest.

My sentiments exactly. I feel Dhiman too is a great loss. apart from his batting, his glove work is to this the most outstanding I have so far seen from our Bangladeshi lot in International Cricket!

Aftab Ahmed - When the going gets tough, the tough gets going. Was just great for the middle order. Such an amalgam when he stuck around!

Shahriar Nafees - When in form, there could be nothing better for Bangladesh. Pure class!

Farhad Reza - Perfect slow bowler. In slow pitches, his skidders are just too good for Bangladesh! And he is at times no mug with the bat too!

It is a sad, sad loss for our team and country to be true. SN seemed a little selfish in terms of self before team always, but I didn't quite expect this from Aftab and definitely not from Farhad!

I call for a one minute silent prayer for the unfaithfully parted everyone!

WarWolf
September 14, 2008, 06:04 AM
We always been talking and questioning about their commitment levels. Now this time this is clearly proven.

We always been besides them no matter how though was it. Last tour to Aus was a perfect example of this. After such painful and shameful performances we didn't throw them and tried to stand besides them. Now we see that they are not eligible for this kinda support. They better leave the country. Better for them, better for us, better for the country.

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 06:05 AM
why bashar want to go at ICL.......he is that type of player who can play at 20-20 match......because of money my answer.

Gowza
September 14, 2008, 06:05 AM
tbh it will be interesting to see how they perform in the ICL, but imo this is going to really screw up BD's chances of holding onto test status. i mean they rarely make tests competitive with their first string players, now they're going to be playing their 2nd and 3rd string players. most of these players are big losses for BD.

cricket_king
September 14, 2008, 06:06 AM
Freaking jerks! I can't believe they deserted us! WHAT THE HELL?

National pride? There's no such thing.

I've lost all faith. Screw this hopeless team. They don't even have pride in their nation.

AFTAB! NOOOOOO! :hairpull:

simon
September 14, 2008, 06:07 AM
Damn!
Loosing Aftab & even SN is a big loss.
C'mon they can't do that.
Why dhiman despite being appreciated than Mushfq is leaving?
Aftab & SN always had the chance to come back even in this NZ series.
IS it all about money???

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 06:09 AM
We all work to earn money, to ensure good living for our family. There is nothing wrong here. The players are doing the same. They are taking their own career decisions which every adult has the right to take. Please stop name calling.

It will be a big loss for Bangladesh, no doubt, but we must respect their decision. However, we should try our best to commit themsleves to Bangladesh cricket. If we fail, let them go, Bangladesh will eventually cope with this loss.

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 06:10 AM
yap.......it is all about money..........selfish player

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 06:12 AM
We all work to earn money, to ensure good living for our family. There is nothing wrong here. The players are doing the same. They are taking their own career decisions which every adult has the right to take. Please stop name calling.

It will be a big loss for Bangladesh, no doubt, but we must respect their decision. However, we should try our best to commit themsleves to Bangladesh cricket. If we fail, let them go, Bangladesh will eventually cope with this loss.

in here it's difference because they need to play for their own country......money is not everything........

fais
September 14, 2008, 06:14 AM
i don't understand everybody's talk about how we all work hard to earn money... and so on. this kind of talk sounds like that these cricketers are dirt poor and are begging on the streets. the players that we are worried about i.e. aftab make reasonable amounts.

Baundule
September 14, 2008, 06:17 AM
I am not going through the person-by-person analysis of who we do still need and who we do not. The news is sad indeed, especially because we do not have a good supply of players and such loss will have a negative impact on the national team for sure.

Now, from players' point of view, I can not be harsh on them. Everybody on earth cares for his career and Bangladesh national team does not provide enough security to any player. The patriotism issue is garbage. They are not doing anything to harm the country, it is a problem with the BCCI and the ICC; it's all political and business clash.

IMO, however, the incident points at some bigger problems within our management. We are losing miserably, players are getting chopped, experienced one's are busted to be replaced by new bloods and those decisions are not justified in most cases. This means, the players are not happy within the team. They share the most part of the blame for those losses; but the internal problems are not revealed.

The management should try to solve their problems. If they fail, I wish all the success to those going to play at the ICL.

Gowza
September 14, 2008, 06:20 AM
players haven't really earned this though, it's not like they've performed very well in the international arena for a prolonged period of time. most of them were handed a national call-up for doing not very much at all and they continued to do not very much at all in the international arena. yeah they have talent but did they really work for this? seems like they got it without having to do that much work.

Trigger_Tiger
September 14, 2008, 06:25 AM
i don't understand everybody's talk about how we all work hard to earn money... and so on. this kind of talk sounds like that these cricketers are dirt poor and are begging on the streets. the players that we are worried about i.e. aftab make reasonable amounts.

You earn 50,000 TK/= per month at this office where people respect you but also beat down on you bad but pin their hopes as well because they love you but you only get that much money which seems to get your family through and not much to squander (come on now, everyone who has money will spend, not everyone is as thrifty). Will you keep that job or take a far more lucrative International offer that would let you keep your identity and pay you 14000000 TK/= in total for a three year period that is to say 388,888.8 TK/= per month?

In terms of career that is just fine. But in terms of our emotions, this is foul play. More than anyone or anything, I am hating BCCI even more with every passing minute and there are many here I know who would share my exact sentiments at this very moment.

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 06:26 AM
Board's reaction to 'retirement' of BCB Contracted Players

Letters from six (6) Board contracted players - Habibul Bashar, Aftab Ahmed, Shahriar Nafees Ahmed, Farhad Reza, Dhiman Ghosh and Musharraf Hossain were received at the BCB Office, Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium, Mirpur today (Sunday, 14 September 2008) morning wherein it was stated by the players that they intend to retire from all forms of international and domestic cricket.

The Board attaches great importance to the matter and expresses its concern at the abrupt decision by so many players to retire from the game.

However, the reasons for their intention to retire were not stated in their respective letters. As such the BCB has instructed the concerned players to appear in person on Tuesday, 16 September 2008 at 2:00pm (0800hrs GMT) at the Board's Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium office for explaining their retirement decision.

Media & Communications Department, BCB

Trigger_Tiger
September 14, 2008, 06:27 AM
I am not going through the person-by-person analysis of who we do still need and who we do not. The news is sad indeed, especially because we do not have a good supply of players and such loss will have a negative impact on the national team for sure.

Now, from players' point of view, I can not be harsh on them. Everybody on earth cares for his career and Bangladesh national team does not provide enough security to any player. The patriotism issue is garbage. They are not doing anything to harm the country, it is a problem with the BCCI and the ICC; it's all political and business clash.

IMO, however, the incident points at some bigger problems within our management. We are losing miserably, players are getting chopped, experienced one's are busted to be replaced by new bloods and those decisions are not justified in most cases. This means, the players are not happy within the team. They share the most part of the blame for those losses; but the internal problems are not revealed.

The management should try to solve their problems. If they fail, I wish all the success to those going to play at the ICL.

Couldn't have put it in any better way!

players haven't really earned this though, it's not like they've performed very well in the international arena for a prolonged period of time. most of them were handed a national call-up for doing not very much at all and they continued to do not very much at all in the international arena. yeah they have talent but did they really work for this? seems like they got it without having to do that much work.

What can be done when we have a shortage of good players in the pipeline bro?

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 06:29 AM
The information is..... these players will skip the instruction to be present there in person. BCB can't force them to attend the meeting.

bdchamp20
September 14, 2008, 06:33 AM
One question, Alok Kapali and Nazimuddin aren't contracted players, right? So do they have to get BCB's permission or inform them that they are going to play in the ICL?

Huda
September 14, 2008, 06:38 AM
I don't care about anyone else bar Aftab. He is a special talent, to lose such a talent is castostrophic for bangladesh cricket.

Dhakablues
September 14, 2008, 06:51 AM
The information is..... these players will skip the instruction to be present there in person. BCB can't force them to attend the meeting.

Miraz:
Great inside.. You are right,, how can BCB ban a player from working oversease? Unless the government intervenes and stops them from boarding the plane,, there isnt any way BCB can actually stop any citizens to go abroad for employment.

Instead of being so "Stiffy" the board shouldve contracted the players personally and asked them to reconsider.. its not like they dont know why they are resigning and playing dumb and formal isnt going to prevent smarter players to abide by the BCB rules when they can give a rats a$$ about it at this point..

Goodbye Kolabagan ekadosh,, Hello Dhaka Warriors!!! Shouldve named it Bengal Tigers.. I think.

MohammedC
September 14, 2008, 06:54 AM
Well atleast Aftab can hit sixes from the word go and no one will criticise him.

MohammedC
September 14, 2008, 06:55 AM
Who will broadcast ICL in uk. is it Zee cinema

zainab
September 14, 2008, 06:56 AM
All the guys except Bashar are crazy to have taken this decision. They are being misled by some influential people and it is detrimental to their future. They are still so young. I hope BCB can come to some agreement with them and they are not lost forever to BD cricket.

Aftab and SN are the biggest loss. Dhiman Ghosh should have continued with BD, but he felt that when Mushy returns, he will be dropped, so cant really blame him.

Gowza
September 14, 2008, 07:00 AM
wondering what would happen to the dhaka warriors if the players continue to show the type of form they have showed for the BD national team, will this dhaka warriors team survive very long if that happens? i mean it's not like these guys are the most consistent players....this team might turnout to be e abit of a flop.

MohammedC
September 14, 2008, 07:01 AM
wondering what would happen to the dhaka warriors if the players continue to show the type of form they have showed for the BD national team, will this dhaka warriors team survive very long if that happens? i mean it's not like these guys are the most consistent players....this team might turnout to be e abit of a flop.

For some reason I think it will be a different ball game. After all there is a lot of money invoved here.

Nafi
September 14, 2008, 07:03 AM
These guys need a slap.

All except Bashar are making a huge mistake

WarWolf
September 14, 2008, 07:04 AM
All the guys except Bashar are crazy to have taken this decision. They are being misled by some influential people and it is detrimental to their future. They are still so young. I hope BCB can come to some agreement with them and they are not lost forever to BD cricket.

Aftab and SN are the biggest loss. Dhiman Ghosh should have continued with BD, but he felt that when Mushy returns, he will be dropped, so cant really blame him.
Lack of vision is our national problem. So is true for these players. They so restless and non-confident about themselves that they cannot wait to get the right time. They only can think ahead of next few months or a year. They are still young and have a lot of get from the international level. Instead of that they have chosen the cheapest decision.

Gowza
September 14, 2008, 07:05 AM
For some reason I think it will be a different ball game. After all there is a lot of money invoved here.

my only hope is that playing in the ICL will dramatically improve their standard and these players can somehow find their way back into the national team eventually.

fais
September 14, 2008, 07:09 AM
You earn 50,000 TK/= per month at this office where people respect you but also beat down on you bad but pin their hopes as well because they love you but you only get that much money which seems to get your family through and not much to squander (come on now, everyone who has money will spend, not everyone is as thrifty). Will you keep that job or take a far more lucrative International offer that would let you keep your identity and pay you 14000000 TK/= in total for a three year period that is to say 388,888.8 TK/= per month?

In terms of career that is just fine. But in terms of our emotions, this is foul play. More than anyone or anything, I am hating BCCI even more with every passing minute and there are many here I know who would share my exact sentiments at this very moment.

First of all 50,000 TK isn't there yearly income (yes it may be from their national contracts) but they make money from other sources e.g. sponsors. Right? Secondly, yes people go for jobs that offer better salaries in life but I think we would all keep our 30,000 TK job and continue to have it for the rest of our lives rather than take a highly paid job that may not exist for very long. Btw what happens if a player is injured...oops no 300,000 that year...oops no income that year. what happens when Dhaka Warriors flop and let's admit it they will because they will continue to lose. Could the DW beat our national team... unlikely let alone beat a better team? When a consistent 0s add up I am sure these players will come under the same scrutiny that they come under in BD.

bujhee kom
September 14, 2008, 07:23 AM
hahahaha...i am sorry but can't help laughing myself, it is quite funny!
....best of luck to these bunch and whoever else will join them in future. how many times have i watched these players online, staying up all night and then go ot work the next day, all day, bunch of jokers and clowns! they came to the crease and they turned around like little lambs and ran back to the dressing rooms. if they think they can go to a league where they will shine - good luck! good! that means finally we will see some competetiveness, maybe responsibility, accountibility in their characters! otherwise, they are somebody elses problem! i feel mor ethan likely they will fail there as well! if not, i am wrong, good! good for them! if i am right and they end up making a complete fool out of themselves at this 'icl' tournament, nothing to lose for me really, they were full of empty promises and failure on a daily basis before, and now they are somebody else's problem! and eventually will probably get fired from that job too! so what, why losing your and my sleep over them, if they can't fend for themselves, if they are so stupid, then they symply just are not worth anybody wasting their time on. i don't see us getting short changed by the talent pool for the national team anytime soon either! i believe that our current academy team has six good players that are far better than those six nationals including aftab, bashar! and players will come thru the national all the time, because they have to show up there first to get noticed or getting a call for anywhere else.
and if these guys do well in this ICL, then more power to them, at least it will tell us, what it is that inspires them, so that we can fix that in our local system! we will always be in a gainful, winning situation! i wouldn't worry too much for them either...at least i will go to sleep every night peacefully knowing that there are six well-off, secured, confident bd cricketers and their families sleeping well tonight as well! other kids from bd can follow their footsteps, so what? we have a lot of people in bd and more will come, it will only make bd cricket better in the long run!

CholCholBD
September 14, 2008, 07:28 AM
Gentleman, let me make a few points if no one is offended by my words.

As I look at ur posts, most of u come from outside the country..usa,uk, canada,australia, saudi,etc. We all took the opportunity to make our lives better. We did not stay in our country and work as engineers, doctors, lawyers there. We came to different lands with hopes of making it. We are also opportunists. It would be hypocritical of us to be angry at them for making the best money decisions for themselves. They come from middle class to poor families...they dont have a guaranteed job, they might get kicked out anytime..and they have to find a way to live their entire life on that money somehow after dedicating their youth to this game.
We went ahead and came to another country, established our families and our lives here. They are trying to take care of their families, and if it means a bundle of money to secure their future, I am all for it.
Cricket is not the end of life, especially in BD. There is no stability in jobs, economy or the future. U cannot blame a man for doing something u wud have done if u were in their shoes.
It is VERY easy to talk about patriotism of someone else sitting in ur comfy chair in a foreign country, it is VERY hard to live the life of a Bangladeshi cricketer.
If Ashraful gets chopped off for his performance by next year, have any of u thought what will become of this young man 10-20 years down the line? what will his future look like? U may think its a lot of money, but when u think long term...how do u sustain with a HSC degree and a cricket bat???
Please gentleman, be understandable, out your logic first, ur cricket passion second.
BD cricket will always recover...there are plenty waiting around the corner to take the spotlight, if the players were able to make a future for themselves...thats the SUCCESS of bangladesh cricket. That BCB was able to secure someone's future. I take that as a positive. Play on Bangladesh. and goodluck to AFTAB, HABIBUL,FORHAD,DHIMAN! ur hard work finally paid off. Bless u guys. Insallah success will be yours.

fais
September 14, 2008, 07:31 AM
bujhee kom bhai :D i completely agree with you... its time some of the other players got a chance...can't be worse then what we have now ...it's a little hard to do worse then consistent single digit performances

cricket_king
September 14, 2008, 07:32 AM
I don't understand how so many of you can be okay with this. I'm DYING here. Aftab, Nafees and Reza - all just gone. Reza I can understand actually. The guy tries real hard for the team. You see him in every photo of a Bangladeshi player getting his test cap....he's there smiling and clapping. He rarely gets a chance in the ODI team. But Aftab and Nafees? They were both originally selected for the Australia tour. Dhiman must feel that he can't compete against Mushfique.

The worst thing of all...I just can't all them Bangladeshi anymore. I really don't see them as one of us anymore. Does anyone else?

MohammedC
September 14, 2008, 07:36 AM
Retirement in fact saves BCB from taking controversial decisions.

Now, BCB don't have to ban them. It will make life easy for the administrators. If ICC changes the stance on ICL, they can easily come out of retirement and make them available. Otherwise, this is the end of road for these cricketers which is really sad.

What would happen if they stop playing ICL and decides to come out of retirement. Will they be banned by BCB

cricket_king
September 14, 2008, 07:36 AM
hahahaha...i am sorry but can't help laughing myself, it is quite funny!
....best of to luck to these bunch and whoever else will join them in future. how many times have i watched these players online, staying up all night and then go ot work the next day, all day, bunch of jokers and clowns! they came to the crease and they turned around like little lambs and ran back to the dressing rooms. if they think they can go to a league where they will shine - good luck! good! that means finally we will see some competetiveness, maybe responsibility, accountibility in their characters! otherwise, they are somebody elses problem! i feel mor ethan likely they will fail there as well! if not, i am wrong, good! good for them! if i am right and they end up making a complete fool out of themselves at this 'icl' tournament, nothing to lose for me really, they were full of empty promises and failure on a daily basis before, and now they are somebody else's problem! and eventually will probably get fired from that job too! so what, why losing your and my sleep over them, if they can't fend for themselves, if they are so stupid, then they symply just are not worth anybody wasting their time on. i don't see us getting short changed by the talent pool for the national team anytime soon either! i believe that our current academy team has six good players that are far better than those six nationals including aftab, bashar! and players will come thru the national all the time, because they have to show up there first to get noticed or getting a call for anywhere else.
and if these guys do well in this ICL, then more power to them, at least it will tell us, what it is that inspires them, so that we can fix that in our local system! we will always be in a gainful, winning situation! i wouldn't worry too much for them either...at least i will go to sleep every night peacefully knowing that there are six well-off, secured, confident bd cricketers and their families sleeping well tonight as well! other kids from bd can follow their footsteps, so what we have a lot people and more will come, it will only make bd cricket better in the long run!

Bujhee kom bhai, do you mind writing in paragraphs from now on? Some full stops and capital letters wouldn't hurt either. A nice way of writing really makes your post seem a lot more appealing to read. I'm saying this because I enjoy reading your posts, whether I agree or not, and it makes it hard because it's all over the place.

Thanks. :)

Razi
September 14, 2008, 07:49 AM
I really feel sorry for the fans like bujhee kom bhai who has given everything to watch this bunch of losers play despite their continuous struggle. We sacrificed our sleep, school, work, meetings, important occasions, etc to watch them and in return this is what we got from them. Really they by no means deserve to have such patriotic and enthusiastic fans like us.

bdchamp20
September 14, 2008, 07:49 AM
First of all 50,000 TK isn't there yearly income (yes it may be from their national contracts) but they make money from other sources e.g. sponsors. Right? Secondly, yes people go for jobs that offer better salaries in life but I think we would all keep our 30,000 TK job and continue to have it for the rest of our lives rather than take a highly paid job that may not exist for very long. Btw what happens if a player is injured...oops no 300,000 that year...oops no income that year. what happens when Dhaka Warriors flop and let's admit it they will because they will continue to lose. Could the DW beat our national team... unlikely let alone beat a better team? When a consistent 0s add up I am sure these players will come under the same scrutiny that they come under in BD.
50000 per year? Lol even drivers earn double that amount nowadays. He wrote 50000 per month, you should read posts more carefully. And not all players have sponsorships. National cricketers lead a fairly luxurious lifestyle in Bangladesh. Mohammad Ashraful is the only U-25 year old I know in the country who earns Tk. 30 lakhs a year. It is impossible to earn this type of cash at this age by doing something else unless your dad happens to be a politician or owns a multi-national company. But that's not the case with younger players who come from small towns. So you can't really blame them for getting carried away with this type of money.

If an injury is sustained while a player is on duty for his ICL team then ICL will have to continue paying the player. And as all these players are retiring from all forms of cricket the chance of them catching an injury elsewhere is minimum.

And you're talking about job security? They will get more security by playing in the ICL then they will for Bangladesh. They have a 3 year contract, as long as they turn up for the team they will get the Tk. 2 crores no matter how bad they play. While playing for Bangladesh they will get seasonal contracts and there is no guarantee you will get a contract next year.

desirocker
September 14, 2008, 07:50 AM

Thanks for still giving us some sort of hopes bro.

MohammedC
September 14, 2008, 07:51 AM
Will they be allowed to play in Premiere Cricket league in Dhaka.

CholCholBD
September 14, 2008, 07:51 AM
Again...cricket kind, no offense bhai but u r in Australia living a decent life correct? Why harm is it if they take the money to give their families a better future..they only have cricket and careers dont last for too many years...
My point is why blame them, call them non.bangladeshis, when we are all living in a foreign land away from BD making our lives?
SO r u saying only we are so special to call ourselves Bangladeshi and earn a living elsewhere, whereas if a poor BD cricketer decides to make some money, it is somehow wrong?
Please understand the point I am making here and if I am really wrong..please correct me.

bujhee kom
September 14, 2008, 07:59 AM
Sorry, c_K bhai, I am working on it! hahahaha, I tend to ramble a lot! thank you bro!
thank you fais bhai and razi bhai as always!
razi, you are too kind bhai!

cricket_king
September 14, 2008, 08:04 AM
Again...cricket kind, no offense bhai but u r in Australia living a decent life correct? Why harm is it if they take the money to give their families a better future..they only have cricket and careers dont last for too many years...
My point is why blame them, call them non.bangladeshis, when we are all living in a foreign land away from BD making our lives?
SO r u saying only we are so special to call ourselves Bangladeshi and earn a living elsewhere, whereas if a poor BD cricketer decides to make some money, it is somehow wrong?
Please understand the point I am making here and if I am really wrong..please correct me.
Firstly mate, the name clearly says "Cricket_King".

Secondly, I'm 16. I live off my parents. I don't have a choice of where I live and what not. And frankly, you don't know jack about my "decent life in Australia" so don't assume. Aftab, Nafees and Dhiman only left for the money. They were always going to be in the team for at least the New Zealand tour coming up. It's pointless in mentioning the "short career" crap. It's perfectly fine that they want to make money. But they have deserted their team in a time of need. You missed that point. Perhaps you may find money more appealing than national pride, but I'm not like you.

Razi
September 14, 2008, 08:04 AM
Everyone watch channel i to see the interviews of Lipu and Habibul Bashar on this issue. The news is going on, I just saw a bit of it in the headlines.

Razi
September 14, 2008, 08:15 AM
I just watched the interview of Bashar and he said it was not only for money that he took the decision. He said he was hurt by few comments made by our coach Jamie Siddons and some other BCB officials. He also said that this was only the reflection of Board's neglectful behavior towards the senior players.

On the other hand there was also a press briefing from BCB and Lipu said that they immediately tried to contact those 6 players after getting the letters, but there were no response from them. He also said that all 6 players were given reply to their letters and were asked to join in a meeting on Tuesday, 16th September.

bdchamp20
September 14, 2008, 08:19 AM
I just watched the interview of Bashar and he said it was not only for money that he took the decision. He said he was hurt by few comments made by our coach Jamie Siddons and some other BCB officials. He also said that this was only the reflection of Board's neglectful behavior towards the senior players.

On the other hand there was also a press briefing from BCB and Lipu said that they immediately tried to contact those 6 players after getting the letters, but there were no response from them. He also said that all 6 players were given reply to their letters and were asked to join in a meeting on Tuesday, 16th September.
Bashar's reasons are understandable. I want to hear Aftab, Alok, SN, Dhiman, Farhad, Rubel and Nazim explaining their decision.

Jaybaba
September 14, 2008, 08:24 AM
It is understandble for players whose international career are over (Rafique, Bashar) and players who might never play international cricket (Mabud, Mahbubul Karim). But for players like Aftab and Nafees, on whome Bangladesh invested so much time and money to cultivate them, it just shows that money is greater than patriotism to them.

dash
September 14, 2008, 08:45 AM

For wht getting a new job,
its there prof , nd pple hve the right to dod jobs as long they r legal

dash
September 14, 2008, 08:48 AM
Firstly mate, the name clearly says "Cricket_King".

Secondly, I'm 16. I live off my parents. I don't have a choice of where I live and what not. And frankly, you don't know jack about my "decent life in Australia" so don't assume. Aftab, Nafees and Dhiman only left for the money. They were always going to be in the team for at least the New Zealand tour coming up. It's pointless in mentioning the "short career" crap. It's perfectly fine that they want to make money. But they have deserted their team in a time of need. You missed that point. Perhaps you may find money more appealing than national pride, but I'm not like you.

No wonder ur 16, cut the patriotism crap,
put ur self in their shoes nd decide,
but im sorry for ourloss

HereWeGo
September 14, 2008, 09:00 AM
Gentleman, let me make a few points if no one is offended by my words.

As I look at ur posts, most of u come from outside the country..usa,uk, canada,australia, saudi,etc. We all took the opportunity to make our lives better. We did not stay in our country and work as engineers, doctors, lawyers there. We came to different lands with hopes of making it. We are also opportunists. It would be hypocritical of us to be angry at them for making the best money decisions for themselves. They come from middle class to poor families...they dont have a guaranteed job, they might get kicked out anytime..and they have to find a way to live their entire life on that money somehow after dedicating their youth to this game.
We went ahead and came to another country, established our families and our lives here. They are trying to take care of their families, and if it means a bundle of money to secure their future, I am all for it.
Cricket is not the end of life, especially in BD. There is no stability in jobs, economy or the future. U cannot blame a man for doing something u wud have done if u were in their shoes.
It is VERY easy to talk about patriotism of someone else sitting in ur comfy chair in a foreign country, it is VERY hard to live the life of a Bangladeshi cricketer.
If Ashraful gets chopped off for his performance by next year, have any of u thought what will become of this young man 10-20 years down the line? what will his future look like? U may think its a lot of money, but when u think long term...how do u sustain with a HSC degree and a cricket bat???
Please gentleman, be understandable, out your logic first, ur cricket passion second.
BD cricket will always recover...there are plenty waiting around the corner to take the spotlight, if the players were able to make a future for themselves...thats the SUCCESS of bangladesh cricket. That BCB was able to secure someone's future. I take that as a positive. Play on Bangladesh. and goodluck to AFTAB, HABIBUL,FORHAD,DHIMAN! ur hard work finally paid off. Bless u guys. Insallah success will be yours.

Totally agree...kintu mon je maney na...

jahidus200
September 14, 2008, 09:03 AM
cancle their citizenship . how come people do like this . i really dont want lose aftab . he is one of those player who brings our almost all the big wins aginst aussie , srilanka , india , . i really cant take that losing aftab at that early

Nafis_BD
September 14, 2008, 09:05 AM
I am speechles........and also disgusted by this. I know many people who are dying to play for the national team and they would do it for free. I am really dissapointed... but then again I guess this is their personal decision and we can't do anything about it.

fais
September 14, 2008, 09:13 AM
50000 per year? Lol even drivers earn double that amount nowadays. He wrote 50000 per month, you should read posts more carefully. And not all players have sponsorships. National cricketers lead a fairly luxurious lifestyle in Bangladesh. Mohammad Ashraful is the only U-25 year old I know in the country who earns Tk. 30 lakhs a year. It is impossible to earn this type of cash at this age by doing something else unless your dad happens to be a politician or owns a multi-national company. But that's not the case with younger players who come from small towns. So you can't really blame them for getting carried away with this type of money.

If an injury is sustained while a player is on duty for his ICL team then ICL will have to continue paying the player. And as all these players are retiring from all forms of cricket the chance of them catching an injury elsewhere is minimum.

And you're talking about job security? They will get more security by playing in the ICL then they will for Bangladesh. They have a 3 year contract, as long as they turn up for the team they will get the Tk. 2 crores no matter how bad they play. While playing for Bangladesh they will get seasonal contracts and there is no guarantee you will get a contract next year.

sry, i did meant monthly - too excited. i was talking about all players and nor do I mind most of the players joining the ICL. However for people like Aftab (who I believe is sponsored by PHP) who are young and have a long career ahead of them as part of BC should think twice about a contract that will last only 3 years and may not be extended. (Just out of interest, players in the IPL got paid per game I believe,how come they don't do the same for the ICL). But as to the issue of chances of injuries - aren't more likely to get injured the few matches they play if they hardly play any cricket throughout the year. Does it not make them less fit and skillful with the cricket bat?
With the issue of seasonal contracts. somehow i don't see aftab and SN not getting contracts for the coming few years. yes people and the media are continuously battering the national cricketers for performing poorly but will that be any different in the ICL.

fais
September 14, 2008, 09:14 AM
*i wasn't talking about all players...

Dhruvo
September 14, 2008, 09:22 AM
OMG!,playing for your national team is the best thing possible,I cannot belive they quit to join ICL just for money,I mean wheres that pride ?,becoming an international player isnt a job its representing your country and making them proud,and I dont think its a big loss for us,players like them who dont even want to play for bd IMO arent the type of players we need....

khalek
September 14, 2008, 09:27 AM
Without Nafees we will lose our Test status soon

Kabir
September 14, 2008, 09:30 AM

For once (after a long time) I agree with you, even though partially.

I agree with the first part of this post completely. However, I don't agree with the fact that this will be a big loss for Bangladesh or its cricket.

While it is true that being a national team player and/or awaiting a call to the national team after being dropped, some of these players should have made their career choice a little more strategically than simply ending their contract with BCB. However, it also brings into light the need for a few things that our current BCB cannot provide - good management, good salary, good coaching.

I think this will be a blessing in disguise. These players going to ICL will open the doors for more players to go to IPL. Our domestic cricket structure is shaky...and it doesn't pay the cricketers enough. Twenty20 is the future of cricket (though, I'm sadly stating this)...and that's where the money will be as well.

So, the only complaint I have against these players is that they are making this decision suddenly and commiting fully to ICL (or are they still thinking of continuing their duty for BCB). All I can say is, good luck and hope this helps us some day.

Tigers_eye
September 14, 2008, 09:40 AM
Those who are questioning their patriotism:

1) Question the golden sons who got scholarships from the govt to different countries (research/study) and never comeback.

2) Question those who had a chance to go back to the country (like me) and contribute ten folds (may be live a lower standard life).

3) Question those who want to get out of the country immediately by hook or by crook.

+++

I whole heartedly support the players who decided to retire. Aftab, Alok, Farhad have done themselves a big favor. No garantee that they would have retained their position in the National team. For Dhiman I wish him best of luck.

+++

If in coming years, ICL and BCCI comes to a conclusion and patch up what would you say? All it needs a new BCCI board in future elections, a new MP flexing his muscle. Things in this world change drastically.

Akib
September 14, 2008, 09:52 AM
Ok, in the case of Bashar this makes sense. His international career is over anyways, so he has nothing to lose. As for others, im pretty confused. I wish they'd stay (especially Dhiman and Aftab), but it is their career.

Maybe this is a plot by the ICL to get recognized.... by weakening bangladesh's team, they further chance of our demotion (something the BCCI does not want, they want our vote). So then BCCI might actually try and resolve this issue..... Maybe im just dreaming here.....

Razi
September 14, 2008, 10:07 AM
If in coming years, ICL and BCCI comes to a conclusion and patch up what would you say? All it needs a new BCCI board in future elections, a new MP flexing his muscle. Things in this world change drastically.

May your wish come true tigers_eye bhai...!!!

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 10:08 AM
they all are selfish...

pappiok
September 14, 2008, 10:09 AM
i don't understand why Aftab, Dhiman and reza want to join ICL.

thebest
September 14, 2008, 10:11 AM
The only real loss is Dhiman. Aftab is a greedy good for nothing player. SN, Farhad are not indispensible. We have player of equal quality. Rubel is virtual unknown. But I feel sorry for HB. He was almost crying in the interview. Certainly management forced him to retire. Don't be surprised to hear Rafiq already signed .

Ajfar
September 14, 2008, 10:17 AM
why is everybody blaming the players...they just luking out for themselves...ain't nothing wrong with thatt...

Ehsan
September 14, 2008, 10:20 AM
SN's loss is some loss, Aftab's loss is the biggest loss! You don't find players of Aftab's class and talent playing for BD everyday. Regardless of his inconsistency and all that, he was our useful weapon to unsettle the opposition bowlers which makes the job of other batsmen coming after him easier. He feared NO BOWLER! Aftab will be greatly missed.

I would not blame the players for accepting ICL's offer. It is a lot of money, and everybody has the right to consider their future and a better life. Those who are ranting on patriotism, please shutup! Ask yourself, why did you leave the country in the first place? Consider reading TE's post, that summarizes it all.

djnaved
September 14, 2008, 10:33 AM
hey, what about khaled masud? is he gonna take the same path?

dash
September 14, 2008, 10:35 AM
SN's loss is some loss, Aftab's loss is the biggest loss! You don't find players of Aftab's class and talent playing for BD everyday. Regardless of his inconsistency and all that, he was our useful weapon to unsettle the opposition bowlers which makes the job of other batsmen coming after him easier. He feared NO BOWLER! Aftab will be greatly missed.

I would not blame the players for accepting ICL's offer. It is a lot of money, and everybody has the right to consider their future and a better life. Those who are ranting on patriotism, please shutup! Ask yourself, why did you leave the country in the first place? Consider reading TE's post, that summarizes it all.

I agree,lot of dis pple r living abroad,if ur so patriotic y dont u go back home nd give service to bd

Fantastic
September 14, 2008, 10:40 AM
From reading all the posts I see two different opinions. The young users are complaining that they shouldn't have cared about money while the adults r saying that's fine. TBH when I was a sophomore in High School, I too would have agreed with the younger users. Now that I am a sophomore in college I see the world very very differently and can't blame the players' decision. Best of luck to them and hopefully the money will inspire much more talented Bangladeshi players and work hard on their game. I see more competition in the future.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 10:40 AM

Agree 100% Miraz bhai....

I do not blame players for the decision and they have the right and nothing wrong in it. What we should try and pray that Aftab and Shahrear at least come back as we need them in the team

fais
September 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
u r talking about our patriotism - mate if i was part of the bangladeshi team you would never see me resigning. do you for one second hear any of us complaining about the academy team members or HB or rafique's switch to ICL. NO! it is their best opportunity in life and they should continue.
all this talk about us living abroad and not being patriotic is crap. if we went to BD we may or may not have a job without any recognition or the chance to properly serve our country. playing for a national team and bangladeshis living abroad are uncomparable and making these comparisons is pointless. most bangladeshis would not leave bangladesh if they were making 6 lakhs+ and add on top of that the perk of playing on the world stage as a bangladeshi - irresistible.

WarWolf
September 14, 2008, 10:51 AM

I asked about their patriotism. I don't see any thing wrong with questioning it. First of all, I didn't leave the country permanently and now living in BD.

Good money doesn't mean every thing brother. If they have problems with the current cricketing conditions which is totally non-professional and taking our cricket to garbage then I am with them. But if they are doing it for only money then I have objection sir. You can't leave your mom when she is in most distressed condition ever.

Pundit
September 14, 2008, 10:53 AM
While it may be justified to many that players looked out for their best interests, this is no doubt to a budding country like BD, this is immensly damaging. Possible ramifications -

- BCB will have to treat remaining players like GOD
- Budding players will be less focused to develop skill sets to play Tests
- BCB will shrug and say - I might as well pocket money. The players will, eventually

I say that the Govt came up with some kind of rule set for such transitions.

Our players are darn lucky that them being from BD, internationally people know them by names.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 10:56 AM

1) Question the golden sons who got scholarships from the govt to different countries (research/study) and never comeback.

2) Question those who had a chance to go back to the country (like me) and contribute ten folds (may be live a lower standard life).

3) Question those who want to get out of the country immediately by hook or by crook.

Pointed out in a perfect way.....

Some members here are also asking to cancel player's citizenship.....but some of those asking this are themselves outside Bangladesh......can i ask why they are outside?? don't take personally please....just wanted to put my point that...most of us try to get better opportunity and if we find it in abroad....we usually grab it....don't we?

Ehsan
September 14, 2008, 11:01 AM
If anybody gets a chance, please record these players' interviews from TV. I would like to know their reason which probably is more than just money.

akabir77
September 14, 2008, 11:04 AM
Lot of people are tyring to say what these players are doing (young ones) are right as they have their right to take decision about the career but I disagree.

1. they would not be here where they are with out the practice, coach and etc facilities that was provided to them by BANGLADESH.
2. Yeah they can go anywhere to earn money but they know ICL is banned and just like I or anyone like me will not go to Israel to earn money most of them should have thought about it.
3. Now all players will not give a damm to play for BD cause they have a backup option to make money and selectors will be afraid to drop some one in out of form.
4. this will hurt BD then any other TEST team.
5. Even players from Zimbabwe didn't signed up for such offers.
6. I salute Ash for saying no.

Lastly BCB needs to make all the players in Division games sign a contract that since they are allowed to play in the division they cannot play for any banned league and if they do they have to pay all the money they will earn their to BCB. enough is enough

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 11:09 AM
I asked about their patriotism. I don't see any thing wrong with questioning it. First of all, I didn't leave the country permanently and now living in BD.

Good money doesn't mean every thing brother. If they have problems with the current cricketing conditions which is totally non-professional and taking our cricket to garbage then I am with them. But if they are doing it for only money then I have objection sir. You can't leave your mom when she is in most distressed condition ever.

WasWolf, The word "patriotism" does not come in this scenario......and your last line summarizes that you are thinking a bit emotionally......

As a professional cricketer they have decided to make their career in a place where not much honor and pride involved. Till now...they had their career in BD national team where pride and money involved.....not they decided to pursue a career where less pride but better money involved.......Everyone has the right to make their own decision on career.....

ZunaidH
September 14, 2008, 11:09 AM
akabir77

"2. Yeah they can go anywhere to earn money but they know ICL is banned and just like I or anyone like me will not go to Israel to earn money most of them should have thought about it."

That is by far the craziest logic I have ever heard in a long time. ICL is not a political organization. Banning by ICC means nothing. ICL guys are trying to create an opportunity for themselves and for the players.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 11:12 AM
If anybody gets a chance, please record these players' interviews from TV. I would like to know their reason which probably is more than just money.

Well...in Channel i, Habibul Bashar said its not all about money.

He said about the negligence of BCB towards him.....Siddon's attitude towards him in the practice sessions was not good....all these things prompted him to take the decision.

fais
September 14, 2008, 11:13 AM
1. The funny thing is i don't really think for a second that many of us here would have made that much of us a fuss if all these players were dropped in the upcoming NZ series. in other words none of these players are as indispensable as they or some of us would like to think they are.
2. Rather than worry about the state of BD cricket as a result we should instead be thankful that this gives us the opportunity to try some new faces and hopefully progress.
3. i think it is important that in the future BCB needs to establish in the contracts of national cricketers that they will not be able to sign for the ICL or any other banned organisations in order to achieve the max. out of the little that we have.

fais
September 14, 2008, 11:15 AM
Well...in Channel i, Habibul Bashar said its not all about money.

He said about the negligence of BCB towards him.....Siddon's attitude towards him in the practice sessions was not good....all these things prompted him to take the decision.

HB's reasons to depart are and should be completely different to everybody else's. HB is out of touch, although was once a great player. i really do wonder how HB (who tends to play quite slow at times) is going to do in ICL

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 11:22 AM
Lot of people are tyring to say what these players are doing (young ones) are right as they have their right to take decision about the career but I disagree.

1. they would not be here where they are with out the practice, coach and etc facilities that was provided to them by BANGLADESH.

I was appointed to my company with my ability after successful interview. My company gives me good working environment, arranges training session for me to develop my skills, gives me facilities to motivate me....does all that for me to perform/deliver as an employee...........Now...If i get a better job.....what i would do??? Surely take the better option and say Thanx to my present company.....A SIMPLE DECISION FOR ME....

For players.....this decision was harder and needed to think a lot...as they had to say "NO" to their national team.......beside this.....all other situation is same as going for a better job.

samjad
September 14, 2008, 11:23 AM
My only concern is once you allow them to go and play they will be trying to influence other people from BD team. Say they will try to take Tamim Iqbal or Sakib later on. Giving the situation and the money what if these players fall for it?
This might be a bad situation for BD. However I don't condemn it. If National team players could perform they wouldve got a call from IPL.

akabir77
September 14, 2008, 11:27 AM
I was appointed to my company with my ability after successful interview. My company gives me good working environment, arranges training session for me to develop my skills, gives me facilities to motivate me....does all that for me to perform/deliver as an employee...........Now...If i get a better job.....what i would do??? Surely take the better option and say Thanx to my present company.....A SIMPLE DECISION FOR ME....

For players.....this decision was harder and needed to think a lot...as they had to say "NO" to their national team.......beside this.....all other situation is same as going for a better job.
Not every one will do this. I can say that for sure. Cause leaving a company who is looking after you just for money might not be a good decision in the long run. Never the less normally if a company is sending you to a big training in usa they would also sign you up for that you have to work for some months/year. So BCB needs to do something like this ASAP.

BTW if you leave your company your old company will think of you as a gold digger and will not give you any reference and in future when you need one this might come back and bite you...

Murad
September 14, 2008, 11:28 AM
News is on Cricinfo Headlines now.

Six Bangladesh players set to retire (http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/369708.html)

Read the commens by the users there. Very interesting.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 11:32 AM
One question, Alok Kapali and Nazimuddin aren't contracted players, right? So do they have to get BCB's permission or inform them that they are going to play in the ICL?

I also have the same question as they have not announced their retirement. Both of them were in the list of PA's report today.......or they have not yet decided in their mind on whether to join in ICL?

Ishtylish cricketer
September 14, 2008, 11:37 AM
Good luck to all the players. As the saying goes "money talks".

WarWolf
September 14, 2008, 11:41 AM
WasWolf, The word "patriotism" does not come in this scenario......and your last line summarizes that you are thinking a bit emotionally......

As a professional cricketer they have decided to make their career in a place where not much honor and pride involved. Till now...they had their career in BD national team where pride and money involved.....not they decided to pursue a career where less pride but better money involved.......Everyone has the right to make their own decision on career.....
I agree that I got a little bit emotional. yet I have to say one thing. I really didn't see any thing in them which can be considered professionalism. They have failed to establish their professionalism so far as cricketers.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 11:41 AM
Not every one will do this. I can say that for sure. Cause leaving a company who is looking after you just for money might not be a good decision in the long run. Never the less normally if a company is sending you to a big training in usa they would also sign you up for that you have to work for some months/year. So BCB needs to do something like this ASAP.

BTW if you leave your company your old company will think of you as a gold digger and will not give you any reference and in future when you need one this might come back and bite you...

Not related to cricket.....but i want to share a comment that i heard from one of my elderly brother, "Love your job, don't love the company you are doing the job for, because you never know when your company stops loving you."

Anyway, it is natural that everyone may have different point of view on this issue.

al Furqaan
September 14, 2008, 11:45 AM

ditto.

these guys are looking out for number one; most of us would have done the same in their shoes. at least i would have thought long and hard about it, although i would probably go for less money and with the honor of international cricket. but then again, i don't have those 200,000 things looking me in the eyes. while you cannot call them 'traitors', it IS EVIDENT that they are not anywhere nearly as patriotic as ashraful who turned the ICL down.

the real criminal here is the BCCI at whose insistance the ICL is a "rebel" league. yes, brothers and sisters, the BCCI has destroyed our cricket in a way in which none of us imagined. they are indeed smart and clever.

Murad
September 14, 2008, 11:53 AM
Farhad er reason ta funny...

"ami amar bektigoto ekta karone kichu shomoyer jonne shob dhoroner cricket the obshor nitechi"

shob dhoroner cricket? then ICL e ki? ota ki cricket na?? shala hadharam koto gula...

Cricket46
September 14, 2008, 12:06 PM
Wow, what a news! There are at least two takes on this - one, the right for everyone to earn their livelihood anywhere they wish and two, about nationalism on the part of those who represent the country. First, about the monetary issue. I am sure it is a driving factor for most of the players deciding to retire. But that can be understood more for players whose national ambitions are over, such as Bashar. No matter what others say, you have to have the nationalistic feeling when you are representing your team. It is sad to remember that Aftab wears (or should I say used to wear) the national flag under his helmet. One needs to figure out what went wrong with someone like Aftab. It cannot be money alone. One would need to think why Ashraful did not join. He would have surely been offered one of the highest amongst the Bangladeshi players. It seems to me that he put priority on representing the national team. That speaks volumes about a player who is having all kinds of problems with his form. So, I do not agree that it is the same for those of us who are staying abroad and earning lots of money instead of going back to Bangladesh. At a level it is true, but most of us are not representing the country as a sport personality or an artist or even a diplomat.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=How big is the loss? With players like Aftab, Shahriar Nafees, Farhad and Dhiman deciding to retire and Alok and others also aligning with ICL, there is no question that it is a tremendous loss to our team. As it is, our team struggles most of the time against the top 8 teams, God bless us now. The excuse given by Shahriar Nafees is not convincing. He seemed to suggest a very bad management of the team. That may be true, but it is also true that he was not in form. One needs to have patience. Surely he would have gotten his chance back and could have proven the selectors wrong. Even Ashraful got dropped and will probably be dropped again soon, if his current form persists.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Is this an indication of some serious underlying crisis? One thing is for sure that the team management has not dealt fairly with players in general and the senior players in particular. They have been chopped off at will and new players have been thrown into the deep end in knee jerk reactions. That does not bode well for a team that to begin with, is not the most talented one. There has hardly been any success with this approach. Senior players cannot play forever, but they should have been replaced gradually. This may have caused discontent over time and now just an opportunity knocks at their door.<o:p></o:p>
About 30 years back something like this hit the cricketing establishment, the world over. Kerry Packer persuaded top players from most test playing nations into what was called the “Kerry Packer World Series”. This had hit some teams more than others with initially players being banned by ICC from playing for their national teams. Later on players all over the world benefited from this and there salaries increased many folds, even playing for their national teams. But three decades down the line, the players are getting much more than before. IPL has further augmented the paychecks of the international players. However, I always felt that BCCI was unfairly treating ICL compared to IPL. If anything, ICL began before IPL. Now all the best players of the world play for IPL and ICL players are considered rebels. This is ridiculous. The sooner this issue is resolved the better it would be for all. I was reading in one of the comments to the cricinfo article that this would improve the standard of Bangladeshi players. First, I do not believe playing in T20 makes you a better test player. It is an unfair game, loaded against the bowlers. Second, even if these players improve their game, how do we benefit since they are banned from representing the national team.<o:p></o:p>
Who knows, there maybe a silver lining to all this after all. May be the new players would weigh their options before joining the national team. Or even better, the management might realize the potential risk of losing players like this and get their act together, like the football federation has recently done after many years. <o:p></o:p>
Its not over till its over. We need to wait, at least a few more days before the real picture emerges. May be the management might be able to convince some of them to withdraw their resignation letter. After all we are an emotional nation and we reverse our decisions soon after we take them.<o:p></o:p>
Just a suggestion to ICL, please name it Dhaka Nawabs instead of Dhaka Warriors. Not that it matters.

yaseer
the real criminal here is the BCCI at whose insistance the ICL is a "rebel" league. yes, brothers and sisters, the BCCI has destroyed our cricket in a way in which none of us imagined. they are indeed smart and clever.

Yes.....after successfully destroying Pakistan cricket...now they are targeting us....

thebest

Apology in advance. Did not our taxpayers invest in you ? So why are you serving USA? Players have every right to go for the highest bidder. Players are doing this all the time. Last week Robinho did that

2. Yeah they can go anywhere to earn money but they know ICL is banned and just like I or anyone like me will not go to Israel to earn money most of them should have thought about it.this is comparing apple with orange. Lots of cricketers played in apartheid SA. With the exception of SL and WI, none were banned. this banning of players if challenged in the court probably would not stand.

3. Now all players will not give a damm to play for BD cause they have a backup option to make money and selectors will be afraid to drop some one in out of form.I agree with some extent. But could ICL accommodate more than 20 of these good for nothing lot. so there may be little probabilty of these. However BCB should made contract with each and every player playing in BCB approved tournament. Putting enough money as severance pay of contract. May be this is blessing in disguise as BCB would be force to invest more in domestic cricket.

4. this will hurt BD then any other TEST team.Is it? We have equal bad players in the form of Riyad, Zunaed, Shuvo, Raqib. Nothing changed.

5. Even players from Zimbabwe didn't signed up for such offers.Zimbabuen market is not so big. Probably ICL did not offered them as eventually it comes into how much money Zee could suck. The next team probably would come from Colombo, Sydney, London, Capetown, Bridgetown. Definetly not from Harare

6. I salute Ash for saying no.Me too. One of the few sensible things the kid has done this year.

Murad
September 14, 2008, 12:16 PM
http://www.bangladesherkhela.com/adminpanel/pictures/1221404349.jpg

Takar gondhe dekhsen..shob gular mukhe ki sweet sweet hashi... haisha lou..bachadonera.. bujhba ekdin.. takai shob kisu na..

Murad
September 14, 2008, 12:19 PM
All the players who played for the National team will get $200,000 and All the local player will get $30,000.

There are only 2 non-internation player: Mahbubul Karim and Golam Mabub

This is a 3 year contract. So that means they will get the 30,000 dollars in 3 years.

How much is 30,000 dollars in BD taka? 20 lakh?

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 12:32 PM
My main worry ....

Bangladesh bashers will try to use this players exodus to temporarily suspend Bangladesh's Test sataus.

This is why BCB must act quickly and firmly. They are not our best players, we can still make a 15 member squad with national players who have played for Bangladesh over the last 12 months. This is a loss, but a vested group might try to portary it as a much bigger loss.

Nasif
September 14, 2008, 12:44 PM
Aftab's Bangaldeshi flag bandana... what was that for? He always had the flag on during batting... what a show off for nothing! He used to be one of my fav...

Very sad indeed.

yaseer
September 14, 2008, 12:47 PM
All these must not take our concentration away from NZ series.....To perform well in the series is very important for us........as Miraz bhai rightly pointed out that BD bashers are eagerly waiting to make this ICL a much more bigger issue and start talking about temporarily suspending our Test status.....

So, we have to quickly solve or leave this issue behind....otherwise much more disaster is waiting....BCB should act smartly here

mafizraju
September 14, 2008, 12:59 PM
They forgot they had been nothing. Still they are nothing, Our poor country gave them the opportunity to be stars (though flop ones). Without performing they get huge salary ( considering local economic structure and salary levels).

Our poor country gave them more than what they could ask for. Because of their lack of commitment our cricket is now in very risky position. These bunch of losers now flying away forgetting their duty to their country. Actually I can't write. I lost my words.

Chiiii Chiiii Chiiiii Chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii. Thuhhhhh.

ahha.......... Hundred of graduates, Doctors, Engineeres leave the country for good, for temporary time. The country spent tons of money against most of these people. But then again country has spent same amount of money for tons of other people as well. It is the talented, the hardworking and inspired one that goes till the next step. Now country or you and me have no "Hissha" in them.

As for BCB spending money for them (what lipu mentioned and some of you may have also), any company you work for spend money for training and skill development, whether we are talking about Intel or Grameen Phone; Its always a loss for the company if they loose some of their brightest members. But the onus is upon the company to address this by proper policy change........

I personally dont see any problem them playing in ICL and our international cricket. ICC has not approved ICL but doesnot have an official guidline to ban them. And why ICC wants to punish the players. What about the broadcaster, the match officials or the commentators or the sponsors??????? Company who makes the TV Cameras. Are we boycotting them all?? no we are not. Tony Greig was a commentator of ICL and is a commentator for Channel 9 of Australia.

So just punishing the players is absolutely bullshit and again shows the Dictatorship of BCCI we have on decision making. Thats a shame!!

zainab
September 14, 2008, 01:03 PM
I think this episode has caught BCB napping. They shoould have spotted that trouble was brewing in the players' camp, and I feel that since Siddons took over as coach, the morale of the team has gone from bad to worse. I wonder how many more national cricketers will resign.
It is BD's loss and I dont know if BCB can handle this tactfully.

Out of all these 6 cricketers, I will miss Aftab, he is still an exciting player, he has been injured for a long time, and has not really played during the year.

HereWeGo
September 14, 2008, 01:17 PM
There are some things money cant buy.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf-So5TKZSg

No one can deny them their rights to chose their own employer. I also understand the money aspect and that a sportsmans life is confined to few years only. However the money is national team is by no means small and can still guarantee a very pleasant life. Nafees has already earned a lot and he was also in the team for Australia. The pride for playing with the national team should have been taken into account.

cricket_dorshok
September 14, 2008, 01:22 PM
Its a great loss to BD cricket.

Razi
September 14, 2008, 01:39 PM
They couldn't care less
Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=54862)

"They don't think of us, so why should we think of them?"

This is how left-arm spinner Mosharraf Hossain reacted when asked who would replace him after he, along with five others, decided to play in the breakaway Indian Cricket League (ICL).

A local daily reported yesterday that six national players, among fourteen, have been offered a place in the ICL payroll as part of a team called Dhaka Warriors, fashioned like the Lahore Badshahs led by former Pakistan captain Inzamamul Haq.

Apart from Mosharraf, former captain Habibul Bashar, dashing batsman Aftab Ahmed, opener Shahriar Nafees, allrounder Forhad Reza and wicketkeeper Dhiman Ghosh have announced their retirement from all forms of cricket and submitted not-too-clear letters to the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB).

They are expected to take home something close to $ 200,000 each after signing three-year contracts.

So is it money that drew them out of the opportunity to play for their country? Mosharraf showed other reasons.

"I wasn't enjoying my time (in the last year) whether I was playing or not playing for Bangladesh," confided the tall left-armer, adding that he had an uncertain future.

The 27-year-old Mosharraf was touted as Mohammad Rafique's heir apparent but a single wicket in three ODIs against South Africa earlier this year and no contribution with the bat made one of the selectors admit that he cracks under pressure, although he was handpicked for his evidential ability to perform under pressure for Dhaka.

More disgruntled was Nafees it seems.

"There was a lot of anger, frustration and complaint behind this decision. I will reveal all of this in due course of time because I am no longer part of the code of conduct," said Nafees who added that he will come out of retirement only when he desires.

"I made it to the national team after working for ten years and I know, there's a lot of pride of playing for Bangladesh but at this moment, I don't feel good to play cricket," said the left-handed opener.

He confirmed that he hasn't confirmed the ICL offer even though he has received it.

"I have been offered but I haven't confirmed anything. My main focus is education and I want to complete my MBA in the next one-and-a-half years," said Nafees.

Former captain Bashar, who led the Tigers in 18 Tests and 69 ODIs, found it hard to draw this conclusion.

"It was a tough decision," he said. "I shed a lot of tears while deciding and I have many, many reasons."

He criticised Jamie Siddons's stance on him and said that he was almost left alone.

"The situation was getting difficult for me. I wasn't receiving support from anyone. Even the coach's attitude was discouraging and I was in the middle of a lot of uncertainty and I was out of cricket for seven months," added Bashar.

He also alleged that most players were unhappy with the current management.

"After thinking of all this, I thought it would be best to take up this offer. I don't know about the others but all I know is that nobody is happy," concluded Bashar of his explanation.

The biggest surprises in the retirement list were the likes of Dhiman Ghosh and Aftab Ahmed and the explanation given by the wicketkeeper, in all seriousness, was laughable.

"There are lots of other players," said Dhiman when asked of the void he would leave in his discipline.

"Why did they drop me if I was the country's number one wicketkeeper?" Dhiman demanded to know.

He also alleged that he was always reminded of Mushfiqur Rahim's presence and that his place would be taken.

On the other hand, Aftab's beautiful prospect as one of the batting superstars in the country will forever be dented.

Now, their future hangs by the tiniest thread. Even if they back out and don't sign a fat paycheck with ICL, they will forever be remembered as the first batch of players to have retired with the intention to play in the rebel Indian league.

thasan
September 14, 2008, 01:40 PM
now i understand among these 6 bd player played for money..........go to ICL and get succked by indian people.

whats the problem with that? those rich cricketing countries knew it would happen to countries like ours. yet our board didnt take any step to push for icl...now they will suffer. so bad for us. i wish the 6 players good luck.

Sovik
September 14, 2008, 01:41 PM
aftab and dhiman will be huge loss for BD in the long run but who would pick bashar and nafees for twenty20

akabir77
September 14, 2008, 01:43 PM
BTW guys its not only about NTL team these player will be missing from domestic games too. And the way our domestic games r without these exp players it will go more down the hill

Fazal
September 14, 2008, 01:48 PM
It is indeed a sad news for me. When we are trying to get more players to create a competition in every position in the national team, it is indeed a loss in mind.

Personally I don't blame these players to make this decision. I can understand why bashar's decision. I think SN, Farhad and Aftab's came from rather frustration ... as BCB selection board never set up a good standard how they are selecting a player and dumping a player...obviously creating frustration amoung rejected players. I was kind of surprised by Rubel and specially Dhiman's decision.

And clearly I really don't understand why BCB is not independt on ICL issue... Its Indian Cricket Board's iisue, why BCB is picking up their fight?

thasan
September 14, 2008, 01:48 PM
cancle their citizenship . how come people do like this . i really dont want lose aftab . he is one of those player who brings our almost all the big wins aginst aussie , srilanka , india , . i really cant take that losing aftab at that early

ken bhai, cancel korbe ken? apne bideshe chakri paile korben na?? pls dont mind. please think from their perspective. i hope they do well in ICL. and i hope, someday, that stupid ICC moves to clear the ban on ICL

view360
September 14, 2008, 01:49 PM
Ashraful Masterminded the ICL Exodus

People including some rebel players are saying that Ashraful masterminded this exodus. Can anyone tell me more about this ?

Murad
September 14, 2008, 01:53 PM

People including some rebel players are saying that Ashraful masterminded this exodus. Can anyone tell me more about this ?

Source?

I read in some report that he got the offer and rejected it. And later he informed Lipu about it.

DotBall
September 14, 2008, 02:03 PM
WOW, Holly ****
This is big with good bad and ugly.
Good that some of these players will have a better financial situation
Bad for Bangladesh cricket as these players will not be playing for the country for sometimes at least
Ugly because what Dhiman and SN said why they are retiring. Specially Dhiman's comment about not feeling secured while Mushfiq is around.

Fazal
September 14, 2008, 02:08 PM
When these players will start speaking up more, it will all boild down to two points...

1) Money to secure their life that you cannot ignore

2) Spotty and questionable selection policy by the boards. You continue to give free side to some players and the not give enough time to young players to set in... you bring and dump them like trash. No transparency and no accountability about why there make often vague decision in team selection made them a board with no credibility.... and now its going to bite them big time.

ialbd
September 14, 2008, 02:09 PM
Aftab Dhiman, SN & Reza needed to stay.....

it was truly a disappointing news for the fans today. I understand the fire burning within SN & Reza, Dhiman was slowly but steadily proving himself better than Mushfiq.... but whats with AFTAB?? he had his spot in the team anchored at some level..... its just plain money for him???

ialbd
September 14, 2008, 02:11 PM

so if this is true, whats in it for Ashraful? commission per player from ICL ???

BANFAN
September 14, 2008, 02:28 PM
There are many here in BC, who are briliant in many ways but the country is being deprived of their briliance, because the individual chose to live abroad for a better & secured life. Should we call them traitors? Then how can we do the same for these guys?

You all are rejecting a government job, bcoz that's not well paid. & all the other reasons are common to our cricketers as well.

kalpurush
September 14, 2008, 02:35 PM

...and BCB might start treating players with respect, equality and based on performance, finally!?

kalpurush
September 14, 2008, 02:47 PM
those who are questioning their patriotism:

1) question the golden sons who got scholarships from the govt to different countries (research/study) and never comeback.

2) question those who had a chance to go back to the country (like me) and contribute ten folds (may be live a lower standard life).

3) question those who want to get out of the country immediately by hook or by crook.

+++

i whole heartedly support the players who decided to retire. Aftab, alok, farhad have done themselves a big favor. No garantee that they would have retained their position in the national team. For dhiman i wish him best of luck.

+++

if in coming years, icl and bcci comes to a conclusion and patch up what would you say? All it needs a new bcci board in future elections, a new mp flexing his muscle. Things in this world change drastically.
[বাংলা]গুরু বাক্য শিরো ধার্য্য...:)[/বাংলা]

kalpurush
September 14, 2008, 02:56 PM

Ditto.:)

ialbd
September 14, 2008, 02:58 PM
There are many here in BC, who are briliant in many ways but the country is being deprived of their briliance, because the individual chose to live abroad for a better & secured life. Should we call them traitors? Then how can we do the same for these guys?

You all are rejecting a government job, bcoz that's not well paid. & all the other reasons are common to our cricketers as well.

brother I get your point all clear, but I think its unfair to put a 15K taka per month govt engineering job at a power plant outside of dhaka AND representing Bangladesh cricket team in the same level.

although from a professional point of view, playing cricket for your country should be just another govt job, but its not quite so in a country like Bangladesh, where we are so much driven by emotion/sentiments. So this would indeed hurt a lot of fans no matter how this is explained. I hope the 'rebels' made the right choice in their life, and hope they find the happiness they are looking for.....

kalpurush
September 14, 2008, 03:08 PM
aftab's bangaldeshi flag bandana... What was that for? He always had the flag on during batting... What a show off for nothing! He used to be one of my fav...

[বাংলা]তা তো ছিল "টাক" মাথা ঢাকার জন্য...!!!?;)[/বাংলা]

AsifTheManRahman
September 14, 2008, 03:09 PM

You all are rejecting a government job, bcoz that's not well paid. & all the other reasons are common to our cricketers as well.Bingo!

I left Bangladesh because I would never have access to resources - both academic and professional - that would help me pursue my interests and my passion. Besides, I got sick of the social handicaps back home. That doesn't mean my love for the country and my contributions for its promotion/development, no matter how small, have stopped.

Anyways, there is no doubt that the reasons cited by these cricketers so far are pretty immature; but there might very well be more to it.

BANFAN
September 14, 2008, 03:10 PM
brother I get your point all clear, but I think its unfair to put a 15K taka per month govt engineering job at a power plant outside of dhaka AND representing Bangladesh cricket team in the same level.

although from a professional point of view, playing cricket for your country should be just another govt job, but its not quite so in a country like Bangladesh, where we are so much driven by emotion/sentiments. So this would indeed hurt a lot of fans no matter how this is explained. I hope the 'rebels' made the right choice in their life, and hope they find the happiness they are looking for.....

bro, should we expect emotion only from the cricketers?
Shouldn't we expect the same from an engineer as well? May be he doesn't come on the TV everyday, but his contribution could be much more important than a cricket player in bigger perspective, while the cricketers are only entertaining people.

A profession at the end is just a profession, to that professional. We want them to stay, because of our pleasure. An engineer leaving has become more or less normal, while a cricketer leaving isn't that normal, that's why it hurts. But lets give them equal opportunity, they are only getting more professional, like others are.

If we leave the emotions apart, possibly we can have a better view of the situation.

Piranha
September 14, 2008, 03:11 PM
I don't understand why so many of us here are lamenting about the loss of Aftab Ahmed. Yes, he is talented, and yes he has had a couple of good innnings. But he is probably the one of the worst offenders of the most maddenning crime - inability to learn from mistakes.

Aftab's inclusion in the team signals to all players that as long as you show glimpses of talent once in a blue moon - you are all set to play.

I am glad that he has retired and chosen to play for the ICL.

checkmate
September 14, 2008, 03:11 PM
When these players will start speaking up more, it will all boild down to two points...

1) Money to secure their life that you cannot ignore

2) Spotty and questionable selection policy by the boards. You continue to give free side to some players and the not give enough time to young players to set in... you bring and dump them like trash. No transparency and no accountability about why there make often vague decision in team selection made them a board with no credibility.... and now its going to bite them big time.

Exactly The reason why they are doing this, to put pressure on BCB to act on their behalf, they want a permanent place in the team,most of these players are not getting regular chance in the team, its very shameful of them to come to such resort.it shows their character,weak and no commitment esp the young and rookies. for bashar,tapash,mosharraf,rafique its good,but players like nazim,nafees,dhiman,dhiman and aftab its sad,coz they should try to get in the team through performance not politics.

AsifTheManRahman
September 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
If we leave the emotions apart, possibly we can have a better view of the situation.We as a nation are too emotional. Our sentiments often get to a point where they hinder national development, let alone the smooth operation of everyday life.

Omio
September 14, 2008, 04:17 PM
I hate Aftab.

BANFAN
September 14, 2008, 04:26 PM
I hate Aftab.

Omio Hates aftab? I can see your love for him in your Fav player list. :)

As said by ATMR, emotion.

When Emotion Rulz? Love & Hate goes together :)

Miraz
September 14, 2008, 05:05 PM
This ICL saga again shows that Ash is a poor choice as a captain. JS has to take part of the blame.

While DW and HB managed to keep the team united, JS and Ash only managed to create divisions due to their poor man mnagement skill.

Fazal
September 14, 2008, 05:09 PM
Exactly The reason why they are doing this, to put pressure on BCB to act on their behalf, they want a permanent place in the team,most of these players are not getting regular chance in the team, its very shameful of them to come to such resort.it shows their character,weak and no commitment esp the young and rookies. for bashar,tapash,mosharraf,rafique its good,but players like nazim,nafees,dhiman,dhiman and aftab its sad,coz they should try to get in the team through performance not politics.

Checkmate ek hate tali baje na... and I blame more to BC than these players. Yes its sad that they should try to get in the team through performance not politics. These players are not the root cause of the problem, they are the symptom of the problem ... and the root cause of the problem is within BCB itself.

The reality is .... they are following the unofficial rule BCB has establised in their selection process where they are not consistent in their selection process... that created confusion and back-door opportunities and self contadictory and inconsistent decisions by BCB.

ialbd
September 14, 2008, 05:13 PM
If we leave the emotions apart, possibly we can have a better view of the situation.

absolutely right, its my inner emotion that I am fighting (and coming back to BC to read others post, and post more myself)....

BANFAN
September 14, 2008, 05:18 PM
The reality is .... they are following the unofficial rule BCB has establised in their selection process where they are not consistent in their selection process... that created confusion and back-door opportunities and self contadictory and inconsistent decisions by BCB.

Probably

They have given to many national caps to the players and too less time for them to settle down (Excepta handful). There by raising the aspiration & frustrating them. Had these rookies been still playing at the domestic level, neither they would be noticed by ICL nor this opportunity would be thrown at them. It is actually possible to make an equal strength team of BD national team, by just picking the dropouts. Since all of these players are all 19/20. A very few had enough opportunity to flourish.

Fazal
September 14, 2008, 05:27 PM
Probably

They have given to many national caps to the players and too less time for them to settle down (Excepta handful). There by raising the aspiration & frustrating them. Had these rookies been still playing at the domestic level, neither they would be noticed by ICL nor this opportunity would be thrown at them.

Yes ... there is two school of thought among the fans here and they both have points: one is bringing the talent a little bit early and the other is wait for them to mature in domestic league. And thats a vaild argyment these two groups wuill continue to do.

But I think both of these two groups will agree witgh me is : BCB is bringing some talent too early in the team and then not sticking with them long enough and dumping them. That is doing long term damage to the team. Its ruining young career and creating frustration amoung young cricketors.

Rifat
September 14, 2008, 07:04 PM
why didn't they "join" English County Cricket instead....i mean it's still cricket! well... i was kinda impressed with Dhiman's keeping tbh, Farhad Reza was a good potential too, he just needed to work on his batting and improving bowling accuracy...

akabir77
September 14, 2008, 08:02 PM

+++

I whole heartedly support the players who decided to retire. Aftab, Alok, Farhad have done themselves a big favor. No garantee that they would have retained their position in the National team. For Dhiman I wish him best of luck.

+++

Cant agree with you guru. So u have no problem when our athletes gets lost in Olympics? they r also discarding country for their own good? then why people scream when they do that?

I see this just like that.

and yes those who comes here with uni scholarship and never goes back r also to blame. But I know for you, my and many others case are totally different from theirs. No one spent any money on me. On the contrary I spent a lot to get where I am. And I am not representing Bangladesh. So I don't think this logic of yours sticks entirely with this situation.

Murad
September 14, 2008, 11:51 PM
These lads complaing about getting the call for national team. What would they do if they were in Rasel's feet?

I'm happy that Rasel didn't take any decision like these morons. I'm sure he was approached before these morons. As he's no.1 bowler of 20/20 cricket.

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 12:13 AM
These lads complaing about getting the call for national team. What would they do if they were in Rasel's feet?

I'm happy that Rasel didn't take any decision like these morons. I'm sure he was approached before these morons. As he's no.1 bowler of 20/20 cricket.
They didn't do any thing to get the call recently. Did they?

cricket_king
September 15, 2008, 12:23 AM
No wonder ur 16, cut the patriotism crap,
put ur self in their shoes nd decide,
but im sorry for ourloss

So are you suggesting that being older, these players don't have any patriotism left in them?

You're lost.

And like I've said before, if I was in their shoes, I'd decline.

yaseer
September 15, 2008, 01:39 AM
This ICL saga again shows that Ash is a poor choice as a captain. JS has to take part of the blame.

While DW and HB managed to keep the team united, JS and Ash only managed to create divisions due to their poor man mnagement skill.

As motivation, frustration is the issue, then BCB should be blamed for this, as this is a long term issue. ASH and JS has only passed a year, and if players are against them then they could have made "Bidroho" against them. Why they should have destroy their international career for a coach or captain who are temporary?

My point is, As players are pointing towards frustration factor for their ICL decision, BCB must take the sole responsibility and explain/answer the questions raised by the players.

-What were the BCB's plan with Aftab as a Test Player?
-Why Dhiman was out of the team? and why again he was included? any one of the decision must be wrong and needs explanation.
-Why Alok Kapali did not come to the BCB contract after playing 3 series? most the players come to the contract by this time frame? why not Kapali?
-Why BCB did not contact with Taposh after he was injured while playing in WC-2007?
-Why Sharif was included just for only one test after his injury, and thrown out again, and never called for "A" team also.
-Was Habibul Bashar contacted by BCB and anything was discussed with him about what BCB's plan with him? same goes about Pailot.

All these and many more questions should be answered by BCB. Captains and Coaches are just same like other players with some added responsibilities. But in biggger scenario like this, BCB is the one where fingers should be pointed.

sunny747
September 15, 2008, 02:02 AM
Most of you guys living abroad with your daddy. Ask your daddy why he isn't working in Bd. ato jokhon deshprem, ask your family first what are you doing in abroad?

they got more money, more opportunity, secure their children why not! I was watching an interview of Basher where he was saying he was kicked out from the net practice by siddons. This is not the way to behave with ex national player.

i say go for it. secure your future first.

sunny747
September 15, 2008, 02:07 AM
Yaseer . good post. I usually don't read posts of members who are registered after 2007 (few exceptions like sohel nr). they are not following cricket long enough to put quality inputs. Some new chap suggested to cancel their bd citizen hehe.
Anyway, good one once again.

nobody
September 15, 2008, 02:09 AM
and yes those who comes here with uni scholarship and never goes back r also to blame. But I know for you, my and many others case are totally different from theirs. No one spent any money on me. On the contrary I spent a lot to get where I am. And I am not representing Bangladesh. So I don't think this logic of yours sticks entirely with this situation.
OOPS, starling revelation. Did you or not study in Bangladeshi school/college/university? if any of them is yes then Bangladeshi tax payers spend money on you. Even if your parents worked in private sector, then Bangladesh government spend on you by providing infrastructure. So don't tell me No one spent any money on me. Whether you carry a blue passport or not you will always represent Bangladesh - you like it or not.

Tintin
September 15, 2008, 02:11 AM
Most of you guys living abroad with your daddy. Ask your daddy why he isn't working in Bd. ato jokhon deshprem, ask your family first what are you doing in abroad?

they got more money, more opportunity, secure their children why not! I was watching an interview of Basher where he was saying he was kicked out from the net practice by siddons. This is not the way to behave with ex national player.

Yes, sir. It is time we stopped looking at playing cricket as an act of patriotism and consider it just as a job. If you are mistreated at your job, or get a better opportunity elsewhere, we will also do what they did. It was bad manners from SN to abuse his previous employer but that is about it.

I don't know about BCB, but two years ago, BCCI gave a statement in the Supreme Court of India to the effect that the players are their employees, they represent the BCCI and do not represent India.

Gowza
September 15, 2008, 02:52 AM
ok so we take cricket as a job right, well then pretty much all of these guys would have been fired awhile ago. they're clearly not up to par with other people who do the same job i.e. cricketers in other test playing national teams. yes this is a job, but it's different to the average job, the average job doesn't require partiotism because in the average job you aren't representing your country.

i mean it's understandable why they went to the ICL because they get more money but they're playing for their country, of course patriotism is involved.

Thunder
September 15, 2008, 03:32 AM
Aftab had a definite future with BD cricket but he opt out for the money..

I wonder how long this list will be in the future..?

I think its not too far when will see Tamim, Mashrafe even Ash joining the league!

The future of BD cricket is definitly grim :mad:

BappyHayat
September 15, 2008, 03:39 AM
Can anybody please assure me - the rest of the valuables are safe?

By valuables - I mean Ash (Still don't belive him), Mashrafee, Tamim, Razzaq and Sakib

I don't want to feel - we have to bring back Gullu, Rokon and other veteran players for the generation GAP

yaseer
September 15, 2008, 03:57 AM
BappyHayat, at least for this season, the rest are safe.......but you never know about what happens in the future....depends on so many aspects.

sunny747
September 15, 2008, 04:24 AM
AFtab may not have got proper treatment after his injury. I just read somewhere about this. It is big step for them to join ICL and i'm sure beside money, there are some other issue's involved.
we will know soon.

abu2abu
September 15, 2008, 05:51 AM
What the BCB need to do now is create a situation that encourages players to remain in the national set up. none of the centrally contracted England players opted to take part in either the IPL or ICL. As a reward the ECB set up this multi-million pound regular tournament in the west indies (the Stanford thing). Now the guys have no excuse, they can stay in the england set up and still make good money.

Our boys are much cheaper (can't believe they are leaving to play for a mere $20k or $30k), but the BCB chould set up a high money tournament to tempt the guys to stay. I suggest arranging something with the BCCI (they are after all to blame) such as a BD XI playing the winners or runners up of the IPL.

zainab
September 15, 2008, 06:29 AM
I blame BCB and Siddons for this whole debacle. Thy have played with these cricketers' emotions, and self belief in themselves and if they do not act quickly, there will be more players leaving. I wonder if they care enough anyhow?

If Ashraful had notified them about the ICL approaching the players, they should have seen the writing on the wall and acted accordingly, but it is true what the players say, the BCB do not care about them, so why should they care?

Kabir
September 15, 2008, 08:41 AM
My point is, As players are pointing towards frustration factor for their ICL decision, BCB must take the sole responsibility and explain/answer the questions raised by the players.

Brilliant post Yaseer. And I don't throw around the B word lightly.

The questions you have posted are terrific. These questions should make anybody realize why the players are not to be blamed for this whole situation. They have been brought into the national side, dropped, brought in again, dropped without a reason, and the cycle went on.

To me, I still think this will help us in the future. Out of these players, it's only Aftab that I'm confused about why he left. I read a post here that said something to the effect that he was sure his spot in the national side was on threat.

How this will help us in future is:
- Assuming nera beltolay ekbar e jay, BCB will be more strategic in decision making. They won't throw around the players so unprofessionally (i hope)
- BCB will have to make playing for BD sound better than playing in ICL and IPL
- As a result, ICL will offer more money to the players
- As a result, the whole notion of playing for your country will be replaced with playing to pay your bills
- As a result, cricket will become more competitive as more and more players will emerge with the hope of making good money
- We will get more exposure in ICL, and will definitely benefit from it. This is where the money is in future...and that's where competitive cricket will be played.

I don't believe that there is anything to do with our test status. There's no threat to that...I'm positive about it. I guess the selection process for NZ tour will be much easier.

SS
September 15, 2008, 08:45 AM
I wonder when BCB (team of how many I lost the count) will submit their resignation letters

Emad03
September 15, 2008, 09:10 AM
Big deal they resigned.let see how long they last in ICL.To be honest they just opened doors to much more capable cricketers for our team.Insallah it will be a blessing in disguise!

meazz1
September 15, 2008, 09:39 AM
I agree with you.
Let them go and make money, but the real fame will be with the players who stick it out for the fans!!

MohammedC
September 15, 2008, 09:45 AM
Yaseer . good post. I usually don't read posts of members who are registered after 2007 (few exceptions like sohel nr). they are not following cricket long enough to put quality inputs. Some new chap suggested to cancel their bd citizen hehe.

I am sorry, It is your own right to read a post or not, but you cant just say because people have not registered here before 2007 they dont know about Bangladesh Cricket. We have only 8300 BC members approximately.
Are you saying this are the only fans of Bangladesh Cricket?
What about 150 million people in Bangladesh?
What about the 150000 to 25000 that fill Dhaka Stadium?

I am sorry I cant agree with you on that.

Yes you are right about the second part. No one has the right to ask about anyones citizens before he ask himself about it.

abu2abu
September 15, 2008, 10:11 AM
I am sorry, It is your own right to read a post or not, but you cant just say because people have not registered here before 2007 they dont know about Bangladesh Cricket. We have only 8300 BC members approximately.
Are you saying this are the only fans of Bangladesh Cricket?
What about 150 million people in Bangladesh?
What about the 150000 to 25000 that fill Dhaka Stadium?

I am sorry I cant agree with you on that.

Yes you are right about the second part. No one has the right to ask about anyones citizens before he ask himself about it.

Amen to that. The bangla cricket website is not the soul source of knowledge in terms of BD cricket. The idea that members who joined after 2007 know nothing about cricket is patently absurd. What about those who didn't have internet access before then, didn't know about the site pre-2007 or (dare I say it) had better things to do with their time before then?

With respect the only thing you have displayed here Sunny747 are your own prejudices...

MarufH
September 15, 2008, 10:23 AM

Hmm... I disagree. Those players were raised up from under 15..... comparing with mom kinda works out for me.... u gotta understand.. they didn't fall from the sky... thats why it hurts so much.

samjad
September 15, 2008, 10:25 AM
How this will help us in future is:
- Assuming nera beltolay ekbar e jay, BCB will be more strategic in decision making. They won't throw around the players so unprofessionally (i hope)
- BCB will have to make playing for BD sound better than playing in ICL and IPL
- As a result, ICL will offer more money to the players
- As a result, the whole notion of playing for your country will be replaced with playing to pay your bills
- As a result, cricket will become more competitive as more and more players will emerge with the hope of making good money
- We will get more exposure in ICL, and will definitely benefit from it. This is where the money is in future...and that's where competitive cricket will be played.

Agreed, as a result everytime someone performs in BD team will be sucked into ICL..and we will never have a strong team.

meazz1
September 15, 2008, 10:28 AM

So, according to you, people who registered after 2007, they have no clue about BD cricket?
Have you really thought before you posted this?
People might not have known about BD forums prior to 2007, does this sound like a valid reason?
What qualification you poses to consider yourself the "GURU" of cricket?
Oh, I forgot, that you don’t read posts submitted by people who registered after 2007.

You know what. You have showed your real intelligence and I am sure you're a gem to BD forum.

kebabman
September 15, 2008, 10:47 AM

Funny that, I don't usually read posts by members who registered on 10 March 2004. Mainly because they struggle to write in english properly...

kebabman
September 15, 2008, 10:52 AM

I live in the west. My father came here in the 1960s, his father was a train driver on bangladesh railways. He came over because he was poor. Don't compare my father's plight from rural poverty to Bangladeshi cricketers from rich families wanting to make more money by joining the ICL...

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2008, 11:44 AM
Crybaby HB,
You should have retired when BCB extended your lifeline after the WC. You didn't. So this threatment is shocking to you? You want respect fine, you want spot in a national team without performing, I have a problem with it. Justly so, the current and former coaches, selection committees had a problem with that. People can forget many things because of the imotional attachment they have for your past past performances. Certainly I salute you for that. However, you should have taken their offer and left the game with heads held high.

I do not feel sorry for you.

I do not feel sorry for any player (except Rana). Last advice please recruit Ash in your team. Thank you. Tripple A should be together.

MohammedC
September 15, 2008, 12:17 PM
[বাংলা]

ঢাকা, ১৫ সেপ্টেম্বর (বিডিনিউজ টোয়েন্টিফোর ডটকম) --- চুক্তিবদ্ধ সাত ক্রিকেটার যোগ দিচ্ছেন বিদ্রোহী ক্রিকেট লিগ আইসিএলে। তাদের মতো অন্যরাও তলে তলে অর্থের প্রলোভনের ফাঁদে পা দিচ্ছেন না তো? বাংলাদেশ ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের (বিসিবি) এমন আশঙ্কায় থাকা বিচিত্র নয়। একারণেই সোমবার চুক্তিবদ্ধ বাকি ক্রিকেটারদের ডেকে পাঠানো হয়েছিল। এবং মিরপুর শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় স্টেডিয়ামে বিসিবির কর্পোরেট অফিসে হাজিরা দিয়ে ক্রিকেটাররা আশ্বস্ত করেছেন যে তারা আইসিএল নামের মোহের কাছে হার মানছেন না কিছূতেই। আর বিসিবিও তাদের নিশ্চয়তা দিয়েছে যে, হাবিবুল বাশাররা আইসিএলের সঙ্গে তিন বছরের চুক্তি থেকে দেড় কোটি টাকা পেতে পারেন ঠিকই। তবে আগামী তিন বছর বাংলাদেশের হয়ে খেললে তাদের আয়-রোজগারও এর চেয়ে কম হবে না কোনো অংশে।

ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্স কমিটির চেয়ারম্যান গাজী আশরাফ লিপু সেরকমই জানালেন, "আমরা ওদের সামনে বাংলাদেশ দলের আগামী তিন বছরের ক্রিকেট সূচী মেলে ধরেছি। ওরা দেখেছে কতোগুলো ওয়ানডে এবং টেস্ট আছে। হিসাব করে দেখানো হয়েছে এই তিন বছর জাতীয় দলের হয়ে খেললে ওদের প্রত্যেকের কমপক্ষে সোয়া থেকে দেড় কোটি টাকা আয়ের সুযোগ আছে। এবং বর্তমান বেতন ও বোনাস কাঠামোতেই সেটা সম্ভব।" বিপুল অর্থের হাতছানিতে বেশ ক'জন ইতিমধ্যেই আইসিএলে যোগ দেওয়া পাকাপাকি করে ফেলেছেন একরকম। এই অবস্থায় চুক্তিবদ্ধ বাকি ক্রিকেটারদের বাড়তি বেতন-বোনাসের প্রতিশ্র"তিও দেওয়া হয়েছে বলেই মনে হল লিপুর কথায়, "ওদেরকে আমরা হিসাবটা দিয়েছি বর্তমান কাঠামো অনুযায়ীই। সময়ের সঙ্গে সঙ্গে এই কাঠামোতেও নিশ্চয়ই পরিবর্তন আসবে এবং অঙ্ক বাড়বে।"

চুক্তিবদ্ধ বাকি ক্রিকেটারদের মধ্যে নয়জন এদিন এসেছিলেন বিসিবিতে। এদের মধ্যে অধিনায়ক মোহাম্মদ আশরাফুল এখন অবকাশযাপনে আছেন ইংল্যান্ডে। সহ-অধিনায়ক মাশরাফি বিন মর্তুজা নিকটাত্মীয়ের অসুস্থতার জন্য আসতে পারেননি। তামিম ইকবাল চট্টগ্রামে থাকায় তিনিও ছিলেন না। পেসার সাজিদুল ইসলাম একাডেমী দলের সঙ্গে আছেন শ্রীলঙ্কায়। এরা ছাড়া সোমবার হাজিরা দিয়েছেন সাকিব আল হাসান, আব্দুর রাজ্জাক, মুশফিকুর রহিম, রকিবুল হাসান, মাহমুদুল্লাহ রিয়াদ, জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকী, মেহরাব হোসেন জুনিয়র, শাহাদাত হোসেন রাজীব এবং সৈয়দ রাসেল। তারা প্রত্যেকেই নাকি এক বাক্যে প্রতিশ্র"তি দিয়েছেন, আইসিএলের হাতছানি কোনোভাবেই পথভ্রষ্ট করবে না তাদের। ক্রিকেট অপারেশন্সের সামনে তাদের কয়েকজনের ভাষ্য এখানে তুলে ধরা হল :

সাকিব আল হাসান : আইসিএলে তো কোনো 'এক্সাইটমেন্ট'ই নেই। ওটা দেখানো হয় একটা মাত্র টেলিভিশন চ্যানেলে। আর আমি যখন জাতীয় দলের হয়ে খেলি, কতো দেশের কতো টেলিভিশনে আমাকে দেখা যায়। তাই আইসিএল নিয়ে চিন্তার কোনো সুযোগই নেই।

মুশফিকুর রহিম: আমি ছোটোবেলা থেকেই জাতীয় দলে খেলার স্বপ্ন দেখতাম। আর এখন জাতীয় দলের হয়ে খেলে বুঝছি, এখানে খেললে অর্থ এবং সন্মান দুটোই পাওয়া যায়। যেটা আমি আইসিএলে খেললে পাবো না।

আব্দুর রাজ্জাক : আমাদের ক্রিকেটাররা আইসিএলে যাচ্ছেন, এটা জানাজানি হওয়ার পর অনেক ফোন পেয়েছি। বিশেষ আমার নিকটাত্মীয় ও প্রিয়জনরা ফোন করে আমাকে সতর্কও করে দিয়েছেন যেন আমি কোনোভাবেই আইসিএলের সঙ্গে সম্পৃক্ত না হই। তাহলে তারা আমাকে ধিক্কার জানাবেন। আমি কেন আইসিএলে চিন্তা করে প্রিয়জনদের হারাতে যাবো?

তাদের মতো অন্যরাও আম্বস্ত করেছেন এই দুঃসময়ে তারা বিসিবির চাতাল ছেড়ে যাচ্ছেন না। বরং দেশের হয়ে খেলাকেই তাদের ধ্যান-জ্ঞান বলে জানিয়েছেন। তবে বিসিবি নিশ্চিত হয়েছে যে অস্ট্রেলিয়ায় দলের চরম বাজে পারফরম্যান্সের পেছনে 'আইসিএল ভাবনা'ও রেখেছে ব্যাপক ভূমিকা। এটা নিয়ে সোমবার উপস্থিতদের প্রশ্নের মুখোমুখিও হতে হয়েছে। তাদের জবাবটা লিপুর মুখ থেকেই জানা গেল, "এখন তো পরিষ্কার যে আইসিএল নিয়ে ভেবে দলের অনেকেই কক্ষচ্যুত হয়েছিল। কিন্তু ওরা জানিয়েছে যে তারা এবিষয়ে অবগত ছিল না।"
[/বাংলা]

http://cricket.bdnews24.com/bangla/details.php?cid=26&id=34603#tp34603

Those who did not go to ICL.

thebest
September 15, 2008, 12:21 PM
From Mohammad Vai's post I am afraid of Tamim and Mashrafee. Otherwise why they were absent. those were lame excuse. Chittagong is only 3 hrs journey and you can fix time visit your relative (not his parent/wife) anytime other than the 2hrs BCB wanted from you.
On the other hand should we ask Kiran More to take Ashraful as well. I am even willing to pay 10000 BDT/ month to ICL during the time ICL league if they took Assthefool

MohammedC
September 15, 2008, 12:30 PM
From Mohammad Vai's post I am afraid of Tamim and Mashrafee. Otherwise why they were absent. those were lame excuse. Chittagong is only 3 hrs journey and you can fix time visit your relative (not his parent/wife) anytime other than the 2hrs BCB wanted from you.
On the other hand should we ask Kiran More to take Ashraful as well. I am even willing to pay 10000 BDT/ month to ICL during the time ICL league if they took Assthefool

Please dont say that. Tamim and Mashrafee no way. As for Tamim his door is now wide open or should I say Partially (Zunaid is still there) to partner his Brother Nafees Iqbal in Test or ODI. "bhaiar shathe open korar ichha"

thebest
September 15, 2008, 12:35 PM
Mohammad Vai,
I wish I am wrong. But [বাংলা]ঘর পোড়া গরু সিদূরে মেঘে ডরাই [/বাংলা]. Though I am not saying that the present scenario is loss (I would have said great if Ash also signed) rather a win-win situation but in next flood our valuables may go.

kaisermatin
September 15, 2008, 12:38 PM
Bangladesh cricket steps into a new era, thanks ICL. It will take years/decades to repair the damage done by ICL. Can't ICC do anything? Bangladeh investment in cricket was massive to build up the infrastructure. Millions were spent to hone individual skills. BCCB should sue them, fine them for illegal contracts with ICL and corrupting budding players and finally ban them from going abroad.

MohammedC
September 15, 2008, 12:59 PM
Mohammad Vai,
I wish I am wrong. But [বাংলা]ঘর পোড়া গরু সিদূরে মেঘে ডরাই [/বাংলা]. Though I am not saying that the present scenario is loss (I would have said great if Ash also signed) rather a win-win situation but in next flood our valuables may go.

Ki ekta phrase marlen bhai Etar summaristion korthe amar kichu shomoy lagbo.

Like yourself lets hope no one joins this time round. But BCB should prepare for another "khep" next year.

Looking after National player is not the only solution BCB should also look after NCL players.

BANFAN
September 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
BCB is bringing some talent too early in the team and then not sticking with them long enough and dumping them. That is doing long term damage to the team. Its ruining young career and creating frustration amoung young cricketors.

Bingo. Exactly the point I was making.

Raising the xpectations of a player prematurely & then frustrating him by ignoring.

Let the current guys continue to play for some time when they are in the team. Let the upcoming players prove their ability beyond doubt, to come into the team. We can't replace a nonperformer by an unproven guy, hoping that he will perform.

How do they prove? That's why I always say that the A team should be genuine A team for them to learn & prove themselves, practice matches when a team tours BD should be the place for them to prove, Academy teams should consist of these guys to prove their skills etc

Razi
September 15, 2008, 01:25 PM
Share Your Views

The mass resignation of the national cricketers on Sunday created a stir in the country's sporting fraternity. We believe the readers of The Daily Star have their own way of looking into the stunning episode. We are inviting our valued readers to comment on it by emailing us at sports@thedailystar.net. Your comments will be published.

-- Sports Editor (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=55005)

Umar
September 15, 2008, 01:32 PM
I don't want AFTAB, SN, Farhad and SHISHIR to go :o(

people are saying its their right to go and chose their employee but they don't have right to break thousands hope. plus its a concern about a WHOLE NATION's STATUS. Therefore the government has the right to stop them and do anything against them by force.

However i still think they should revise their ideas about ICL. NAFEES, Aftab, Alok and dhiman they were in the TEAM ffs. They are getting paid.

well now we can understand why Bangladesh are still ranked 9th while india and pakistan are at the top. BECAUSE OUR PLAYERS NEVER HAD GOOD MENTALITY ABOUT THE OUR TEAM

cricman
September 15, 2008, 01:34 PM

His Grandparent Died [], Posters have gotten really sour here lately on players but hop on their nuts the second the do something decent

akabir77
September 15, 2008, 01:37 PM
HA HA HA according to DailyStar Tamim got an huge offer and he wasn't present at the meeting... Lipu said he is in vacation but couldn't confirm whether he is joining ICL or not... BTW and ex -cricketer and ex-BCB wrote to dailystar saying that he heard that one of the selectors r joining the group to ICL too. (so probable Akram Khan would be the coach and bhatija Tamim will join him)

We are all doomed...

tonoy
September 15, 2008, 01:40 PM
HA HA HA according to DailyStar Tamim got an huge offer and he wasn't present at the meeting... Lipu said he is in vacation but couldn't confirm whether he is joining ICL or not... BTW and ex -cricketer and ex-BCB wrote to dailystar saying that he heard that one of the selectors r joining the group to ICL too. (so probable Akram Khan would be the coach and bhatija Tamim will join him)

We are all doomed...

if this is true, then boy do we have a situation. Cluster F***ed

Faisal
September 15, 2008, 01:40 PM
OMG! this is really bad news for Bangladesh. out of 6 players, 5 of them are in national team right now. how will Bangladesh will make their playing 11 now? i'm wondering...

Aftab Ahmed: big big lose for Bangladesh, as he is the leading batsman for BD national team.

Shahriar Nafees: he is one of the best openner in bangladesh. who going to open for bangladesh now with tamin iqbal?

Farhad Reza: he is one of the few all rounder in bd. who will bowl as a 3rd seamer? wondering.. wondering..

Dhiman Ghosh: Number 1 wicketkeeper in Bangladesh, as well as batting number 7th.

Mosharraf Hossain: once rafique retired, Mosharraf took his place as a spin attack.

Habibul Bashar: Who will make runs in test match for Bangladesh?

Razi
September 15, 2008, 01:43 PM

We are all doomed...

If that happens, I think I may have to follow Israr's foot steps.

Zobair
September 15, 2008, 02:15 PM
Everyone has a God-given right to make career choices in their lives based on their self-interest. At the end of the day they, like everyone else, go back to their homes and have to live with the consequences of their decisions - both financial and otherwise.

As far as I am concerned, we will survive this.

Dhakablues
September 15, 2008, 02:15 PM
"..We have presented our schedules before the players and shown them how many one-day internationals and Tests Bangladesh will play in the next three years and also showed that each of them would be able to earn at least Tk 1.15 crore to 1.5 crore in the next three years if they played for Bangladesh," said Gazi Ashraful Hossain Lipu, the chairman of the cricket operations.

Now,,, isnt that an encourangement? One gives you a solid 3 year contract and the other gives you a "maybe" contract..

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 02:37 PM
Please dont say that. Tamim and Mashrafee no way. As for Tamim his door is now wide open or should I say Partially (Zunaid is still there) to partner his Brother Nafees Iqbal in Test or ODI. "bhaiar shathe open korar ichha"
Tamim seemed to be a confident guy always. He has a lot of faith in his talent. He has no reason to end his career this way.

Fazal
September 15, 2008, 02:39 PM

We are all doomed...

...day by day... its getting juicier

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 02:40 PM

We are all doomed...
Nauzubillah. Allah maaf koruk. kabir vai apnar kotha shotti hoile apnar khobor ase... Apni kufa daksen..

Zeeshan
September 15, 2008, 02:50 PM
allah akabair77 bhai jeno drink kore bhul jinish porse...

bdchamp20
September 15, 2008, 03:02 PM
OMG! this is really bad news for Bangladesh. out of 6 players, 5 of them are in national team right now. how will Bangladesh will make their playing 11 now? i'm wondering...

Aftab Ahmed: big big lose for Bangladesh, as he is the leading batsman for BD national team.

Shahriar Nafees: he is one of the best openner in bangladesh. who going to open for bangladesh now with tamin iqbal?

Farhad Reza: he is one of the few all rounder in bd. who will bowl as a 3rd seamer? wondering.. wondering..

Dhiman Ghosh: Number 1 wicketkeeper in Bangladesh, as well as batting number 7th.

Mosharraf Hossain: once rafique retired, Mosharraf took his place as a spin attack.

Habibul Bashar: Who will make runs in test match for Bangladesh?
:lol::lol::lol:

Fazal
September 15, 2008, 03:08 PM
This not new in the history of mankind.

People with new ideas, people who are first to break the taboo, the folks who always brings the yet to be explored 3rd way to do things will be prosecuted by the society. New ideas are usually considered dangerous for the society and religion... its being ridiculed by the establishment and supported by the public. In history some of then were even publicly killed to set an example.

Why?

Because they set a challenge to current established authority, they challenge the authority, they break norm and laws of the society and perceived as unethical and therefore dangerous to the society. They also often called as 'unpatriotic' as always done by the society to keep them from revolting. They throw stone at them, their family and friends, to their houses.... house get burned.

What will happen next?
They will be outcaste and stripped all the privileges that they were getting from the society. Pretty soon they would be forgotten until next batch of radicals come to break the rules... they will be mentioned as a warning to these new breed, "don't break the rule or else same things will happen to you."

But then once in while, something exceptional happen. They eventually prove the public wrong, show them... there are other ways to see things.... they will start making sense to others... and then slowly they will become the innovative leaders...the genius....the out spoken ... and public will again start worshiping them....
Trust me.... good or bad..... the flood gate is open now.... and that’s the reality.... BCB need to start acting more professionally and prepare for the reality ....

So what I say to you all?
As some of them already said, there were plenty of culprits in this episode (including the revolted players), but at the end of the day... its their own career they are risking.... its their own life that we are talking.....they are the one who should know the best what is good for them and their family...... and who knows, it can be another 'Packard' type of episode and they just the Imran Khans of Bangladesh this episode and will be considered the brave one who took risk with their career and opened another dimension to BD players to gain fame and money and honor for them.

So even though it may hurt your feeling, I say let it go.... wish them good luck from your heart....

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2008, 03:16 PM
Ab jab ekta conclusion tansey matro. This is what you need to know. From Daily Star:
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=54998
"I think it's a personal choice whether he will play for his country or play in other competitions. But I am very much clear in my position. I want to play for my country and I believe everything will come in my way if I keep my position on the national side," said all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan.
Baisa baisa shobchey bhalo pola'tar fan club'er president hoisi.

SS
September 15, 2008, 03:16 PM
But then once in while, something exceptional happen. They eventually prove the public wrong, show them... there are other ways to see things.... they will start making sense to others... and then slowly they will become the innovative leaders...the genius....the out spoken ... and public will again start worshiping them....

So what I say to you all?
As some of them already said, there were plenty of culprits in this episode (including the revolted players), but at the end of the day... its their own career they are risking.... its their own life that we are talking.....they are the one who should know the best what is good for them and their family...... and who knows, it can be another 'Packard' type of episode and they just the Imran Khans of Bangladesh this episode and will be considered the brave one who took risk with their career and opened another dimension to BD players to gain fame and money and honor for them.

So even though it may hurt your feeling, I say let it go.... wish them good luck from your heart....

Fazal mamu Kothin Kotha bole ajkal....he has some valid points but risk takers/'revolutionist' rebels might justify the "Change" that might improve overall international exposure our cricket is lacking, but if we think about the present then you will find out it will have big impact on current conditions of the team. May be this "change" will bring glory if they are successful but if they do not give back to the country what benefit the BD cricket will get from that. Perfect Examples, the generations who took risk and have settled for their betterment but did not give any thing back to the country in return!

By the way, mamu if you believe in "Change" please also chose the right "Change" for November :D

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 03:17 PM
Ab jab ekta conclusion tansey matro. This is what you need to know. From Daily Star:
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=54998

Baisa baisa shobchey bhalo pola'tar fan club'er president hoisi.
This boy knows what he is doing and saying...

Green Tea
September 15, 2008, 03:40 PM
Who is next in line to join ICL?

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2008, 03:41 PM
Who is next in line to join ICL?
Your worst nightmare Tamim. Then Mash (From Fazal's speculations), then Enam Jr.

SS
September 15, 2008, 03:43 PM
Your worst nightmare Tamim. Then Mash (From Fazal's speculations), then Enam Jr.

I hope your speculations do not come true for first two. If that starts to happen then it will be really something to worry about!

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 03:47 PM

If that happens, RIP Bangladesh cricket!

Green Tea
September 15, 2008, 03:48 PM
Right now I am very worried. Who will play against New Zealand?

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 03:48 PM
Why not stopping test and ODI cricket and let the whole team join ICL.

Green Tea
September 15, 2008, 03:53 PM
Why not stopping test and ODI cricket and let the whole team join ICL.

And Bengal tigers will transforms to Dhaka Warriors. :sick:

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 04:06 PM
Dhaka Warriors naam'ta shunlei amar khali Dhal-Tolowar hatey yaa boro moch wala raja'r shipahi'r kotha mon'ey porey jaey ken jani =S!

Khan Family. Khan Dynasty. Genghis Khan? Kublai Khan? Halaku Khan?

Just like Akram Khan, Nafis Iqbal Khan and Tamim Iqbal Khan?

Okay I guess I'm officially losing my marbles =S!

samjad
September 15, 2008, 05:29 PM
Lol TI, it's not only you . All BD FANs somewhat loosing their marbles. Even Fazal bhai who trying to calm everyone down with his wise words. I think Fazal bhai lost it long ago..and now he is Odhik shoke ee paththorr.

I honestly had nightmares/sleepless night last night just thinking about it!.

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 05:35 PM
Ami porshu ghumatey pari nai. Matha chirey gesey but couldn't sleep. I had work have 3 classes today and didn't get any sleep even yesterday. I'm still sitting in class and trying to follow the situation! For fans like us, sometimes this is just a little too much to take. When will they ever understand that?

Here is my tribute to those fallen selfish ones who dented our spirits so badly (besides Bashar and Rafique, all respects to them. If though they intend to go, they served our country well for the longest time indeed!):

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6366/thedhakawarriorsub6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

cricket_king
September 15, 2008, 06:46 PM
Ami porshu ghumatey pari nai. Matha chirey gesey but couldn't sleep. I had work have 3 classes today and didn't get any sleep even yesterday. I'm still sitting in class and trying to follow the situation! For fans like us, sometimes this is just a little too much to take. When will they ever understand that?

Here is my tribute to those fallen selfish ones who dented our spirits so badly (besides Bashar and Rafique, all respects to them. If though they intend to go, they served our country well for the longest time indeed!):

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/6366/thedhakawarriorsub6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

This should definitely be the logo of the team. Taka khawar bagh.

akabir77
September 15, 2008, 07:16 PM

This is the first laugh i got all week

MarufH
September 15, 2008, 09:24 PM

Sums it up Wafi. good work.

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 09:33 PM
Thank you, thank you, thank you all, I owe it all to money, unfaithfully departed heroes and a broken heart on a very busy and hectic day :-p!

MohammedC
September 15, 2008, 10:33 PM
Aminul Islam Bulbul's comment on Bangladesherkhela.info. Apparently Jamie Siddons warned one of the BCB staff. Others (management) did not have clue. Sorry its written in bangla.

http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/index.php?newsID=8348&pageTitle=details&editionID=464

kalpurush
September 16, 2008, 03:26 AM
Same here, just let it go and find something more interesting...
যে দেশে প্রধান মন্ত্রী, অর্থ মন্ত্রী আয়কর দেয়না, বিচারপতি জালিয়াতি করে, সরকারী -বিরোধী দলের নেতা-নেত্রী ঘুষ নেয়, সামরিক বাহিনী অসাধু পন্থায় ক্ষমতা দখল করে...সেই দেশে এটা এমনকি অপরাধ?!:o

Razi
September 16, 2008, 03:39 AM
According to Bangladeshi TV channels news Shahriar Nafees and Alok Kapali has also taken the flight to India to sign a deal with ICL. Earlier, Bashar and Dhiman took the flight to India on Sunday evening.

Miraz
September 16, 2008, 08:00 AM
According to reliable sources, Nazimuddin has also submitted application for his retirement.

Mridul
September 16, 2008, 08:51 AM
Nazimuddin retires

http://uk.reuters.com/article/cricketNews/idUKDHA21174820080916?pageNumber=1&virtualBrandChannel=0

zainab
September 16, 2008, 09:47 AM
No loss to BD cricket, he could never find his form. When I saw him play in the 20/20 last year, I was totally unimpressed. He has no idea about batting. Better him than Junaid. I felt that BD gave him many chances, but he failed completely.

thebest
September 16, 2008, 10:24 AM
Trigger Nice one. But replace "Warrior" with "Coward".
BTW, can BCB ask for compensation money and share of income of ICL players because they invested on them. I think with the exception of HB and Rafiq each and every one of ICL cowards (SN, Dhiman, Nazim are U19 product; this entitled BCB half of their income from cricket)

Tintin
September 16, 2008, 10:42 AM
BTW, can BCB ask for compensation money and share of income of ICL players because they invested on them. ICL is prepared to release the players for international matches, the players would probably play if given the chance; it is BCB which is about to ban the players and they want money for that ? :-|

thebest
September 16, 2008, 11:05 AM
ICL is prepared to release the players for international matches, the players would probably play if given the chance; it is BCB which is about to ban the players and they want money for that ? :-|
Yes, that is case in India, England and probably Pakistan. But in Bangladesh players breached the contract. They retired. BCB has not yet banned them.

Trigger_Tiger
September 16, 2008, 04:10 PM
Dhaka Warriors naam'ta shunlei amar khali Dhal-Tolowar hatey yaa boro moch wala raja'r shipahi'r kotha mon'ey porey jaey ken jani =S!

You heard it here first!:

http://www.indiancricketleague.in/images/editorial/news/news-home-174.jpg

I bid them well :)!