PDA

View Full Version : Coach For Dhaka Wariors

BANFAN
September 14, 2008, 04:03 PM
Who should be the coach of Dhaka Warriors?

Any Idea? I won't be surprised if that's Aninul or Nannu. Haven't seen this issue in any News.

C'mom Guys, Lets Support our team in ICL. We can't give it too BCCI, by criticizing them & ICL. It is a recognition of our cricket by all means, while many more cities like London, Ny etc appealed to ICL for giving them a chance, they gave it to BD. These guys will bring in a lots of knowledge for our next generation.

Lets be Happy

Nocturnal
September 14, 2008, 04:12 PM
DW for DW- Captain's fav!

samjad
September 14, 2008, 04:24 PM
Theres nothing to cheer about really. ICL went with BD because that will effect ICC the most. Only BD ntl team will be destroyed by this. ICL played a very good game here. Now that BD loosing their half Ntl team, they will be putting some pressure to ICC to unbann ICL for the sake of cricket. But obviously that won' t be strong enough. In the mean time if BD playes crap for next few seriese, ICC might turn around and take our test status. Overall.. I am seeing doom and gloom in future.

Akib
September 14, 2008, 05:08 PM
In the mean time if BD playes crap for next few seriese, ICC might turn around and take our test status. Overall.. I am seeing doom and gloom in future.

Maybe thats what the ICL wants.... BCCI needs our vote.

cricman
September 14, 2008, 05:38 PM
Athar Ali Khan, It wouldn't Surprise me one bit

safaat
September 14, 2008, 06:11 PM
Theres nothing to cheer about really. ICL went with BD because that will effect ICC the most. Only BD ntl team will be destroyed by this. ICL played a very good game here. Now that BD loosing their half Ntl team, they will be putting some pressure to ICC to unbann ICL for the sake of cricket. But obviously that won' t be strong enough. In the mean time if BD playes crap for next few seriese, ICC might turn around and take our test status. Overall.. I am seeing doom and gloom in future.

U r right when u say that ICL has played a big game here. but i am not really sure how much is it effecting BD. How do u say it is HALF the Ntl team. In fact teh only player 2 b really missed if it happens is Aftab. Who esle is missing. Mashrafee is still there so is ASH, Russel, Sakib, Razzaq, Tamim.

It was Tamim a who won us a game against India. It was Ash who won us the game against SA. Thats after Mashrafee, Russel and the Spin trio did their job. Rafique has retired so it doestn't make a difference.

The only real reason to worry is Aftab. S.Nafees was a minnow basher. He did play a couple of good knocks against Australia but so did Hanan Sarkar when he was in the side that too in Australia. Where is Hannan now?

Perhaps the ideal thing that BCB would need to do is somehow stop Aftab from taking such a decision. Thats it!

akabir77
September 14, 2008, 08:08 PM

Thank you i was going to say the same but you said it better

akabir77
September 14, 2008, 08:09 PM
U r right when u say that ICL has played a big game here. but i am not really sure how much is it effecting BD. How do u say it is HALF the Ntl team. In fact teh only player 2 b really missed if it happens is Aftab. Who esle is missing. Mashrafee is still there so is ASH, Russel, Sakib, Razzaq, Tamim.

It was Tamim a who won us a game against India. It was Ash who won us the game against SA. Thats after Mashrafee, Russel and the Spin trio did their job. Rafique has retired so it doestn't make a difference.

The only real reason to worry is Aftab. S.Nafees was a minnow basher. He did play a couple of good knocks against Australia but so did Hanan Sarkar when he was in the side that too in Australia. Where is Hannan now?

Perhaps the ideal thing that BCB would need to do is somehow stop Aftab from taking such a decision. Thats it!

These players will effect the domestic games... its not only about NTL team and now also Selectors will be afraid to drop say ash even he score 100 zeros... u see what ICL did to us?

BANFAN
September 15, 2008, 01:50 PM
Athar Ali Khan, It wouldn't Surprise me one bit

Athar, I doubt. Because he is having a lots of benefit as commie, & he was judge of ICC annual performance awards etc. He is getting close to holding some place with ICC or ACC, He has already impressed many Ind / Pak lobbyists, by his Urdu/Hindi :)

the daily star hits of some sellectors being involved in it, suggests Akram or Ex sellector faruk etc any of them also might be seen as a coach.

:)

Faisal
September 15, 2008, 02:07 PM
its most probably akram khan.

akabir77
September 15, 2008, 02:09 PM
yeah it looks like akram khan will be the coach and his vaigta tamim might join him... :(

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 02:18 PM
yeah it looks like akram khan will be the coach and his vaigta tamim might join him... :(
:-/:-/:-/

Razi
September 15, 2008, 02:24 PM

akabir bhai any source of your info?

akabir77
September 15, 2008, 02:27 PM
akabir bhai any source of your info?

Todays daily star. No one said the name clearly but i just summed it up 2+2...

One Excricketr and Ex BCB guy said he has info that one of the selectors r joining the group... And i don't think he will play. so probably as coach...:doh:

bdchamp20
September 15, 2008, 03:14 PM
I want Akram Khan to join them. We can't afford to lose a coach of Bulbul or Nannu's stature.

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 03:33 PM

True! Extremely clever move by the ICL. Thing is, they have blood on their hands. If they were doing with thoughts of betterment of the game in their minds, I would have acknowledged their efforts and rather than being fallen heroes, Aftab and co. would actually be mentors to fighting for a bigger cause even if meant self sacrifice.

Catch what I mean?

But getting back on topic, if I had to choose a coach, I wish it would be Dav Watmore. That guy is just the purest!

BANFAN
September 16, 2008, 01:30 PM
Alas ! The coach is not from BD.

Balwinder Singh Sandhu is the coach, who is said to be a former Indian player. Haven't seen him probably. What's his coaching credentials? Anyone?

bujhee kom
September 16, 2008, 01:38 PM
Balwinder Singh Sandhu is the coach, who is said to be a former Indian player. Haven't seen him probably. What's his coaching credentials? Anyone?
hahahahahaha........hey i know who that is! i watched him bowl in the eighties for indian provincial teams and then had a short intl career....is a spinner and he was a complete low gas dude who had the least impact in his team and his own game! what a jook!

Razi
September 16, 2008, 01:46 PM

This is his profile (http://www.chandigarhlions.com/team/player-profiles/balwinder-singh-sandhu.html).

Nocturnal
September 16, 2008, 01:56 PM
This is his profile (http://www.chandigarhlions.com/team/player-profiles/balwinder-singh-sandhu.html).

From this ICL profile:

Balwinder Singh (born August 3, 1956, Bombay) was a member of "Kapils Devils", the 1983 world cup winning team. A wonderful swing bowler Sandhu started the slide in the final by getting out Gordon Greenidge.
Sandhu has also played 8 test matches for India. After his playing days Sandhu got into coaching and has coached mumbai and punjab and also has served the NCA. The Director of Academies for the ICL Sandhu has conducted camps for the ICL youngsters and now has taken over as the coach for Chandigarh Lions.

Yah, I saw him bowling the other day on some indian sports channel(telecast over & over) in 1983 WC final vs WI. He seemed like a decent medium swing bowler with a Turban!!