PDA

View Full Version : ICL Bullsh*t

shuntuks
September 14, 2008, 05:52 PM
this ICL bullsh*t is really getting me angry. I actually dont get why such young players want to retire from international cricket for some money.
i can guarantee the BCB are at fault for this.. there more than meets the eye for this decision.
i just hope that all the player retract their decision and tell ICL to []. India are ruining cricket!!!!
Is there no chance this is a rumour cos everywhere i read it, it say its from a media report. so tell me is this 100% right?

Akib
September 14, 2008, 05:57 PM
The players are not guaranteed a spot on the national team. So they go for financial security.

And even if the players retract their decision, the BCB should still ban them.

shuntuks
September 14, 2008, 06:05 PM
The players are not guaranteed a spot on the national team. So they go for financial security.

And even if the players retract their decision, the BCB should still ban them.

how is aftab not guaranteed a spot? hes one of our best cricketers by a long shot.
and no if they do retract their decision, bcb should not ban them because bangladesh are a team that needs all their best players. i understand everyone could take advantage and threaten bcb but its a risk they have to take. we need all our best players. nafees is a ug*y disgrace...sulking piece of sh*t.

BANFAN
September 14, 2008, 06:08 PM
When contacted by Cricinfo, Kiran More, a member of the ICL's executive board, said no formal agreement had been reached. "We are currently in the state of discussion with a few Bangladeshi players but nothing has been finalised yet." He, however, declined to reveal the names of the players with whom the ICL was in touch.

The new ICL season will begin on October 10, featuring 34 matches across four venues in India.

http://content-pak.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/369708.html

shuntuks
September 14, 2008, 06:11 PM
When contacted by Cricinfo, Kiran More, a member of the ICL's executive board, said no formal agreement had been reached. "We are currently in the state of discussion with a few Bangladeshi players but nothing has been finalised yet." He, however, declined to reveal the names of the players with whom the ICL was in touch.

The new ICL season will begin on October 10, featuring 34 matches across four venues in India.

http://content-pak.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/369708.html

thanks but i alredy read that...so nothing is finalised? so theres a chance they might not go?

BANFAN
September 14, 2008, 06:18 PM
thanks but i alredy read that...so nothing is finalised? so theres a chance they might not go?

Hope so, may be some of them will finally be kept by BCB.

kalson
September 14, 2008, 07:09 PM
Its all about the money, it does expose many...regarding Bangladesh player this should'nt be done like this. I don't what happened to them.

Though, Pakistani players join ICL for the sack of the money but they never said that they don't want to play for their country. But I was shocked when Bangladeshi players directly said they don't want to play for their country they want money.

this is rediculous, the country which gave them the reconganization and they kicked back in return. ICL has nothing to do with them.

ZunaidH
September 14, 2008, 07:21 PM
This exodus is not about players guys, it's about showing BCB how incoptent that have always been and always will be.

akabir77
September 14, 2008, 08:34 PM
Even if they don't go now damage has been done. Every time Aftab makes a zero this will be reminded to him...

Tehsin
September 14, 2008, 10:40 PM
You mean like a protiki retirement? Atleast that's how I see it from SN. Aftab's makes no sense. Farhad Reza? - It's surprising the he even gets to play for the national team as much as he does. Dhiman - good keeper. Sumon and Rafique are right to take this opportunity. Sumon would prolly be the captain too.

No matter how we see it, the players probably do feel neglected (except for Aftab) and made the decision from and emotional standpoint. Or, they could be blaming BCb to hide their own selfish nature.

This exodus is not about players guys, it's about showing BCB how incoptent that have always been and always will be.

MarufH
September 14, 2008, 10:43 PM
Yeah... I'm just simply speechless.... buncha moron represented us all along...

rainmaniac
September 14, 2008, 11:11 PM
traitors...stupid, brainless, uneducated traitors...how can someone betray his country just for money..national team e khela ki kichui na??? earn oto kom korto na era tao ei kaaj korlo keno??
honestly, i blame HaBa..hes a senior, matured player he captained our team, still no feelings for the country..ekta senior player jodi ei rokom kore, onno players ra to obviously eita korbei..
14 players nibe rite? tar mane arro 8 players resign korbe (probably), tar por ki hobe? ekta ekdum noton team? i dont see where this is going...

RezOne
September 14, 2008, 11:33 PM
News of these players "retiring" was shocking at first. I don't blame these guys one bit. If you watch American or European sports you're used to seeing players move from one team to another. Ok I admit they are moving within the league and not countries, but still it's not big deal to me. If I were in their situation I would go for the guaranteed money 9 out of 10 times too. National pride is something when you're a good team, in our case there will be more "talents" taking their spots so no big deal. The money these guys will be making will change their lives and the lives of their family. Believe it or not, a lot of these guys get into cricket because of the money and a chance to live a better life. It has nothing to do with national pride, honor, or whatever else you would like to call it. Some of these players ike S.Nafees, Farhad Reza, Dhiman Ghosh were borderline players and I don't think we'll suffer too much.

samjad
September 15, 2008, 03:32 AM
Those players weren't good enough for IPL anyway. And I don't think apart from Dhiman, anyone else had a chance in NTL team for the world cup. So I think they made the right choice to move on and secure their future.
However I still feel a bit betrayed. After all these sleepless nights, that's how they repay us ?
But on the other hand, I think if they didn't leave will I miss them in the NTL team ? Apart from Aftab and Dhiman, ans is NO.
BUT.. THEY SHOULD KNOW>> NO ONE IS UNREPLACEABLE.

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2008, 01:14 PM
If Brett Farve can play for JETS, for all it matters Aftab, Dhiman can go ahead and play for Zimbabwe.