PDA

View Full Version : In terms of Innovation IPL < ICL

cricman
September 15, 2008, 12:24 AM
By a Mile and it's not even close, They Already have a OD League, there planning a 4 Day League and Lahore, Dhaka, Auckland, Sydney and London (Thats Really International, not some Glorified Exhibitions with a Bunch of Indian Teams)

Everything the ICL Does, the IPL tries to Copy ... The ICL Concept was made 1st and than the BCCI Copied it ... ICL has alot of money as well, Zee Tv vs the BCCI. Sri Lanka, NZ, Pakistan(To Some Exteent) and Bangladesh can gain the most (Or Lose the Most) from the ICL, Form a partnership with ZeeTv where they can get their Cricketers paid ... Make Major TV Deals where Zee would get rights to Home Tests and Series, It Fixes Problems for Cricket Boards.

Surfer
September 15, 2008, 01:29 AM
By a Mile and it's not even close, They Already have a OD League, there planning a 4 Day League and Lahore, Dhaka, Auckland, Sydney and London (Thats Really International, not some Glorified Exhibitions with a Bunch of Indian Teams)

Everything the ICL Does, the IPL tries to Copy ... The ICL Concept was made 1st and than the BCCI Copied it ... ICL has alot of money as well, Zee Tv vs the BCCI. Sri Lanka, NZ, Pakistan(To Some Exteent) and Bangladesh can gain the most (Or Lose the Most) from the ICL, Form a partnership with ZeeTv where they can get their Cricketers paid ... Make Major TV Deals where Zee would get rights to Home Tests and Series, It Fixes Problems for Cricket Boards.

You have to be a better businessman. Having ideas is not enough. Happens everyday. Someone with a great idea starts a business, fails because he does not have the necessary business sense * resources, someone else picks that idea up and makes a fortune. That the rule. Having an idea is one thing and making business out of it is another. Steve Jobs got the ideas, MS made the money. Jobs learned his lessons in time and became a better businessman, ICL is just being stubborn.

Secondly, innovation is an absolute necessity for those falling behind. The one leading race can always copy it. Thats business, thats competition.

Who decided to give Kapil Dev the responsibilities he is not fit for? Kapil should not have been anything more than a cricket consultant to the ICL. Kapil is no match for Lalit Modi when it comes to business.

BANFAN
September 16, 2008, 03:17 PM
I agree, ICL has been much more innovative than IPL. IPL isn't doing a better business bacause of lolit modi. It;s because of ICC backing and BCCI mafiaism. Kapil's brain isn't running ICL, it's the business people behind zee. ICL will definitely take the lead in course of time.

IPL still doesn't look like a sustainable structure with all foreigners coming and going etc. The city based concept of ICL is going to create more dedicated fans all over the world.

The four day concept is not from IPL, it is also an ICL idea and I watched kapil's interview last year where he said that. ICL will turn into a much more professional league in future.

Tigers_eye
September 17, 2008, 10:08 AM
Japan don't invent everything. They just make it better. Total Quality Management - my subject.

bharat
September 17, 2008, 12:04 PM
You guys missed one point ..ICL is being forced into being innovative.ICL to begin with was supposed to be like IPL targeting the Indian players with a mix of internationals.

It was forced to take the City route as they had to !!! It became clear that it could not get the cream (or even the second grade ) players from the domestic Indian league and hence restored to a good second string Pak(city) team.It tried to create the Indo-Pak rivalry through the teams but again failed.Now its looking towards BD.

Its innovation is for pure survival and to get the Indian audience pay attention.The 4 day league too is an 'innovation' to counter the regular BCCI league (no comparison here ).

BCCI/IPL has gone the Champions League way, which I think will be a fair succcess.Teams from Pak and BD will surely take part in the future.

But again all this clamour and din is to attract the Indian cricket Fan's attention.Might sound flattering to an Indian fan but in reality it is rather embarassing !!! Time for Indians to move on to other sports or the rest of the world contribute more to the cricket coffers so that this 'tamasha' to catch my attention stops !!!

BANFAN
September 18, 2008, 10:45 AM
Bharat, Now it may look like what you are saying. But the very idea was innovative to start with. They didn't think at that time that they will face this amount of resistance. I think they have forced BCCI and many other boards to follow them.

So I don't think that all they are doing is under compulsion. They had many of these plans to begin with. Say for 4 dayers. City based approach is a sign of their ability to adaptat to the demand of the market. Ideal entreprenure's will always do that.

One World
September 18, 2008, 11:36 PM
You have to be a better businessman. Having ideas is not enough. Happens everyday. Someone with a great idea starts a business, fails because he does not have the necessary business sense * resources, someone else picks that idea up and makes a fortune. That the rule. Having an idea is one thing and making business out of it is another. Steve Jobs got the ideas, MS made the money. Jobs learned his lessons in time and became a better businessman, ICL is just being stubborn.

Secondly, innovation is an absolute necessity for those falling behind. The one leading race can always copy it. Thats business, thats competition.

Who decided to give Kapil Dev the responsibilities he is not fit for? Kapil should not have been anything more than a cricket consultant to the ICL. Kapil is no match for Lalit Modi when it comes to business.

:up: :up: Mark Zuckerberg :up:

cricman
September 18, 2008, 11:41 PM
:up: :up: Mark Zuckerberg :up:

He's killing facebook, IPL and facebook will have the same fate ... Myspace will live on forever

Zeeshan
September 18, 2008, 11:43 PM
He's killing facebook, IPL and facebook will have the same fate ... Myspace will live on forever

I presume you are not a big fan of the new facebook look.

cricman
September 18, 2008, 11:53 PM
I presume you are not a big fan of the new facebook look.

I Actually like some of the Aspects of the new one but some things are left best untouched; I wasn't a big fan off all the Applications when it came out and I still don't like it.

No Privacy now with the Livefeed & I thought the Newsfeed was bad

One World
September 18, 2008, 11:55 PM

Whatever he does will be accepted with amid cheers by the current youth. He is the youngest billionaire ever. :notworthy: