PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: Tamim is joining ICL

tanvir_nus
September 15, 2008, 03:28 PM
Rumour

Going by speculation, it seems Tamim is all set to join ICL. This has been the talk of the town for today. I have heard from people that the khan family have denied to speak about this issue too. I don't know if this is a speculation or a fact. His close allies from Chittagong like aftab n nazim have already kind of signed a contract and he does not want to be left behind. And the word has it that he is going to be paid the highest around 500,000 $ for the contract amongs the other players.

Can anyone close to him confirm? I hope its just a rumour

BANFAN
September 15, 2008, 03:31 PM
Yes, that's a Rumor till now. I don't think it has any base

Nafi
No way in hell, if you know tamim, you will know its always his dream that he would open the batting the Bangladesh team.

Fazal
The flood gate just opened.

Who is next?

Frustrated Mashrafee, Rasel or Enamul Haq Jr?

dash
September 15, 2008, 03:36 PM
3.5 crore talks

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2008, 03:39 PM
There has to be a backdoor lure for these players, no? Like ICL will be incorporated in to main stream cricket (ICC will recognise). Or We are here to stay. After 3 years this league will only get better. etc.

Best of Luck to Tamim too if he joins.

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 03:39 PM
No way in hell, if you know tamim, you will know its always his dream that he would open the batting the Bangladesh team.

I pray it always stays that way bro =)!

Who is next?

Lets committ mass suicide then =S!

Ajfar
September 15, 2008, 03:40 PM
he is not going...today the 6 players BCB called didn't show up...after that...BCB went over the contract rule with the current national players...but tamim wasn't there..but BCB officials confirmed it that had an excused absense...i read it in inquilab..also current players r very mad at these six players..seems like people are treating them bad becuz of these 6...so they hav to take someone elses trash..n they are not very happy with it...i'll see if i can find the link to that article..

Zeeshan
September 15, 2008, 03:47 PM
500,000 $

*whistles*

kalpurush
September 15, 2008, 03:48 PM

Who is next?

Mashrafee need to keep his current job as he needs "BCB money" for medical expenses...E-)

Nocturnal
[বাংলা]চিলে কান নিয়ে গেছে - না শুনে কানে হাত দিয়ে দেখেন। গুজবে কান দিবেন না[/বাংলা] :mad:

Trigger_Tiger
he is not going...today the 6 players BCB called didn't show up...after that...BCB went over the contract rule with the current national players...but tamim wasn't there..but BCB officials confirmed it that had an excused absense...i read it in inquilab..also current players r very mad at these six players..seems like people are treating them bad becuz of these 6...so they hav to take someone elses trash..n they are not very happy with it...i'll see if i can find the link to that article..

Dada, after what has happened, it is hard to believe what this BCB says or does. The only ice in this hot wound would be some sort of confirmation from the boy himself - Tami Iqbal.

Fazal
September 15, 2008, 03:50 PM
if you tell me, $ 500,000 is lots of money, even sitting in USA. And if you take into consideration about cost of liveing in Bangladesh, ist even bigger.

And if Chachuu Akram's contract is dependent on the defection of Tamim, there will more pressure from home to join the troup. Now you want to add another dimention? Big brother will tell why he should bot trust BCB at all, if he have a lean time they will just throw him to the drain... by that time he will loose both.

And who knows he can negosiate and even get $750,000 deal.

So the more I am thinking, more more I am giving more weight to this rumour.

Fazal
September 15, 2008, 03:56 PM
Mashrafee need to keep his current job as he needs "BCB money" for medical expenses...E-)

I $400,000 with an insurance policy for 3 years will make the deal. No?
Mashrafee knows his fragile health may stick together for soo long, opportunity doesn't comes in hallies now a days. With a ruptured knee here or a back pain there can finish his career any day. Then who is going to look after his family? The fans or the BCB?

So I say A $400,000 cheack may be more lucrative to him than a batsman.

akabir77
September 15, 2008, 04:00 PM
I am scared!

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 04:01 PM
Please stop playing tests and ODIs and let the whole team join ICL. Best thing to do if they really need to go there.

KnightBD
September 15, 2008, 04:01 PM
I am scared!
Even with all ur amours and sword? I sense Bush talk :D

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 04:02 PM
Fazal has a big-time point! Seriously Tamim IS $500,000 entertainment material. And he is EXPLOSIVE and a very good fielder as well. He is consistent and if he lasts the first ten balls of an innings, generally goes on to score at least 30 or more. Add to that some more demand for money from his side and who knows?

In Mash we trust. But how much does Mash trust the BCB?

In another frame, I just love Fazals Positively-Negative and Negatively-Positive attitude. You dog of a man. I may end up following the ICL Dhaka Warriors more than the BD Cricket team if the first performs better than the latter after all.

SS
September 15, 2008, 04:05 PM
And if Chachuu Akram's contract is dependent on the defection of Tamim, there will more pressure from home to join the troup. Now you want to add another dimention? Big brother will tell why he should bot trust BCB at all, if he have a lean time they will just throw him to the drain... by that time he will loose both.

Mamu ajkal amon kothin kotha bole bhoi lage ....bola jai na mamur kotha thik hoite pare...last time mamu predicted Obama will flop when McCain will bring something from his sleeve and it worked..what if this works too

samjad
September 15, 2008, 04:08 PM
Lets hope not. If so we are going to watch ICL then. Forget test cricket ,all hail 20-20 bulls***

Fazal
September 15, 2008, 04:10 PM
Mamu ajkal amon kothin kotha bole bhoi lage ....

:-D

... now if you extend the rumor fruther.... Sakib and Razazak will follow Tamim and Mashrafee (Razzak's best friend)... and therefore national team will indeed be Ashraful's team.... he will indeed be a superstar for Bangladesh for next 20 years ( with ofcourse a massive average of 18.6)

HereWeGo
September 15, 2008, 04:24 PM
Totally baseless...
AkramKhan is tryin to persuade Mahbubul karim not to join ICL. Khan family has set up a legacy in bangladesh cricket... I can bet my life that Tamim will not do such a thing..

dash
September 15, 2008, 04:28 PM
he has got ahuge offer nd thinking bout it,
all of u who wants play id down as rumour,
reflect wht has happened this week,
the rumour will sound then very much a possibility

Tigers_eye
September 15, 2008, 04:28 PM
http://www.thedailystar.net/photo/2008/09/16/2008-09-16__sp11.jpg

DON'T WORRY, WE'RE HERE: (L-R) Mehrab Hossain, Shahadat Hossain and Shakib Al Hasan walk down the corridors of cricket's home at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur to meet the board officials yesterday. Photo: STAR

"I think it's a personal choice whether he will play for his country or play in other competitions. But I am very much clear in my position. I want to play for my country and I believe everything will come in my way if I keep my position on the national side," said all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan.

"You know some of my old neighbours told me 'baba [father] don't do anything like them because we will never take care of you if you don't play for the country. You got many things only because you played for Bangladesh'. And I am really touched by their emotion," responded left-arm spinner [B]Abdur Razzak from Khulna.

Pacer Shahadat Hossain however gave his opinion in his own style. The lanky pacer first jokingly said, "Why not if I get 3 crore taka!" but later assured the officials that his only dream was to play for the country.

http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=54998

Onek tho hoilo Fazal, rumor mill tho onek ghurano hoilo. ekhon dhoirjo dhorar pala.

sbsash
September 15, 2008, 04:31 PM
Don't join Tamim.

Fazal
September 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
Onek tho hoilo Fazal, rumor mill tho onek ghurano hoilo. ekhon dhoirjo dhorar pala.

Never say never again....

if the first rumor (Tamim) becomes true, the rest is a matter of time and amount of money.

Faisal
September 15, 2008, 04:36 PM
i heard Tamim got offer around $500,000.
and he is thinking about it...

zainab
September 15, 2008, 04:40 PM
I hope this is all a rumour about Tamim, he is a little explosive star. I hope BCB assures him that he will be taken care of financially. He might get a call up for the IPL next year.

Akib
September 15, 2008, 04:52 PM
I hope this is all a rumour about Tamim, he is a little explosive star. I hope BCB assures him that he will be taken care of financially. He might get a call up for the IPL next year.

Thats so true. Hopefully someone can put that in his head. He can get the money, and still play nationally.

Bancan
September 15, 2008, 04:53 PM
Please take ashraful.

Zeeshan
September 15, 2008, 05:01 PM
Please take ashraful.

lol

nycpro96
September 15, 2008, 05:11 PM
if tamim leaves, bangladesh cricket will fall. and if tamim leaves everyone else will want to too. i think bcb should somehow fight icl's money for tamim by negotiating with him (only if the rumors are true)

Faisal
September 15, 2008, 05:15 PM
Please take ashraful.

hahahaha ya take him

Sovik
September 15, 2008, 05:36 PM
i think tamim will have a shot at IPL.

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 05:38 PM
i think tamim will have a shot at IPL.

And so he deserves to too!

Akib
September 15, 2008, 05:42 PM
I dun't think he'll get 500k from IPL though. Although if I were him, knowing he is the best player in the team, id take less money and play in the MAIN event (with the best players in the world).

Rubu
September 15, 2008, 05:43 PM
this is a commitment acid test for the cricketer. anyone leaving for ICL had zero commitment for the team, and therefore, its OK if they leave.

bujhee kom
September 15, 2008, 05:45 PM
this is a commitment acid test for the cricketer. anyone leaving for ICL had zero commitment for the team, and therefore, its OK if they leave.
exactly rubu bhai! you said it! totally agree and kick and vomit on them as they leave! and my burf ain't pretty!:sick:

fais
September 15, 2008, 06:05 PM
why all the fear mongering. this is like being in Bush world. let it come true before you all kill us. we can't tolerate this much stress on your poor old hearts. :D

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 06:31 PM
exactly rubu bhai! you said it! totally agree and kick and vomit on them as they leave! and my burf ain't pretty!:sick:
Exactly my thoughts.

Zeeshan
September 15, 2008, 06:36 PM

analogous to a pious virgin muslim falling in shaytan's khoppor in playboy mansion...

cricket_king
September 15, 2008, 06:50 PM
If Tamim leaves...I'm committing suicide.

cricket_pagol
September 15, 2008, 06:59 PM

I agree.

But, BCB needs to assess if it is providing the best possible infrastructure for all its players. When someone is not on the national team are they getting adequate opportunity for practice? The structure of the local circuit is such that you cannot make good money as cricketer unless you are one of the top cricketer playing for the national team. All these players took a risk when they decided to play cricket as their profession, they deserve an opportunity for decent livelihood... BCB needs to show some love to them. We expect our players to be dedicated and professional, our cricket board should be held to the same standard.

Murad
September 15, 2008, 09:16 PM
I don't think Tamim will join as his uncle is against that. Akram khan Srilankai Karim miya ke bujhaite bujhaite jaan sesh.. but karim miya manei na.. shei ICL e khelbei to khelbe..

Ar Mashrafe meeting e ashenai cuz his grandfather/mother died..And he's not joining.

tanvir_nus
September 16, 2008, 12:01 AM
Money talks my friend

Zeeshan
September 16, 2008, 12:04 AM

I am not even gonna touch this.... most likely mine will get deleted.

khalek
September 16, 2008, 12:27 AM
Tamim dont go pls, I am sure you will get signed up for an IPL team soon

Rabz
September 16, 2008, 12:30 AM
If Tamim leaves, that will be the real sad day for Bangladesh cricket.
Given is place in the team is ASSURED, he is a rising superstar of BD and has got all the chances to play in IPL, even if not this year but in a year or two.

IF he joins the stupid bandwagon, it will be absolutely suicidal for him.

sunny747
September 16, 2008, 03:11 AM
calamity after calamity.

Baundule
September 16, 2008, 03:40 AM
ICL is a better option than IPL for Bangladeshi players. In last IPL, only Razzaq played and he was treated very badly. He bowled only 2 overs throughout the tournament and Dravid refused singles when he was batting. This tells how much a Bangladeshi player will be respected in IPL. A maxm of 4 foreign players can play in a team. So, quite a tough competition even to make in the eleven. In ICL, we are getting our own team.

I want a strong National side; but if the BCB does not correct their mistakes (I can not hope that they will understand that), I am a well-wisher of whoever is joining the ICL.

pilot fan
September 16, 2008, 06:38 AM
i dont think tamim will join

he is very close to jamie siddons

hoodlum
September 16, 2008, 06:39 AM
Anything can happen now!!

WarWolf
September 16, 2008, 06:41 AM
Did you make any plan about the suicide?

Abid_Khan
September 16, 2008, 06:44 AM
There will be no Bangladesh team now because of all the propaganda from ICL. Thanks you Tamim, Shariar and the other betrayers (except Rafique and Bashar they're all cool)

Razi
September 16, 2008, 07:03 AM
There will be no Bangladesh team now because of all the propaganda from ICL. Thanks you Tamim, Shariar and the other betrayers (except Rafique and Bashar they're all cool)

Why are you terming Tamim as the betrayer. These are just rumours and I am damn sure that he will not join this rebel league no matter how big the offer is. I can clearly see patriotism in this boy's eyes and I know he wont let us down. The rumour about Akram Khan joining those morons as the coach is also pretty false. None of the electronic or print media has said anything about Akram or Tamim joining ICL, these are just creation of BC'ites.

Trigger_Tiger
September 16, 2008, 07:44 AM

Tamim did not leave the team! Naa jaina kotha ken bolo :mad:?

Mahmood
September 16, 2008, 08:08 AM
The way Tamim is playing now, he will make probably around 800K-1M by just playing 1 year in the next IPL, he has no reason to suicide his career in ICL.

He knows he is worth way more than 500K/3 years.

cricket_king
September 16, 2008, 08:44 AM
Did you make any plan about the suicide?

I have actually. I'm thinking of jumping of the harbour bridge here in Sydney, wearing the Bangladesh flag. Or alternatively, I could wear the Bangladesh cricket logo and then jump off.

Kabir
September 16, 2008, 08:51 AM
I have actually. I'm thinking of jumping of the harbour bridge here in Sydney, wearing the Bangladesh flag. Or alternatively, I could wear the Bangladesh cricket logo and then jump off.

If you're wearing the flag, tie it around your neck. You will get a superman feeling when you fall.
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2006/06/27/arts/27supe.1.600.jpg

riad
September 16, 2008, 09:23 AM
I wish Tamim goes to ICL and kick SN and Nazim outta team ....:D and then come back to home .....:lol:

The way Tamim is playing now, he will make probably around 800K-1M by just playing 1 year in the next IPL, he has no reason to suicide his career in ICL.

He knows he is worth way more than 500K/3 years.

akabir77
September 16, 2008, 10:07 AM
Classic thread... Peope are saying Chil Kan nea galo and i can see at least 3/4 people r running behind the chill lol

Miraz
September 16, 2008, 10:09 AM
If you trust Akram Khan's word, Tamim is not going to join ICL. Not even Nafees Iqbal.

Tehsin
September 16, 2008, 10:13 AM
CK, if you have a sworn enemy, they must be all cranked up, reaching for the phone and trying to make this happen. :)

Razi
September 16, 2008, 01:09 PM
Why are you terming Tamim as the betrayer. These are just rumours and I am damn sure that he will not join this rebel league no matter how big the offer is. I can clearly see patriotism in this boy's eyes and I know he wont let us down. The rumour about Akram Khan joining those morons as the coach is also pretty false. None of the electronic or print media has said anything about Akram or Tamim joining ICL, these are just creation of BC'ites.

'I was in Kuakata, for God's sake!'
Daily Star (http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=55166)

"Those who have a lack of self-confidence can only take such a decision".

This is not a fan broadside or criticism from board officials or former players, but from the man who many thought would also join the rebel Indian Cricket League -- Tamim Iqbal.

The left-handed opener quashed speculations that were fuelled when he did not turn up for the meeting with Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) on Monday.

"Speculation with me? Why! Do you think I can take such a decision only for money?" asked the dashing batsman, who has so far played four Tests and 42 ODIs, ridiculing all rumours yesterday.

He reminding everyone of his family background and said what is important for him.

"Money is important but not everything. Before raising any excuse, one should ask himself first whether he has the self-confidence to keep his position in the team by the performance.

"I can be out of favour for one year or for a certain period of time and can only come back if I have the courage," said Tamim, the nephew of former national skipper Akram Khan and younger brother of Nafis Iqbal.

"I don't want to talk much about the cricketers who had preferred money but to me it's something big to represent the national side. People know Tamim Iqbal because he plays for Bangladesh," he added.

Tamim joked with this reporter that he was forced to come back to Dhaka from a leisure trip in the southern trip of the country.

"I was in Kuakata for god's sake and all you people brought me back believing this rumour. I didn't go to India!" joked Tamim.

"You know, I love to travel in my leisure time," he informed with smile.

Dawah
September 16, 2008, 01:16 PM
BCB should make sure, Tamim Iqbal becomes the Highest paid cricketer of BD, followed by Saqibul Hasan, Mashrafee, Sahabat, Raqibul,Abdur Razzaq. And FIRE Ashrafool and let him go to his ICL buddies.

meazz1
September 16, 2008, 01:17 PM
May God (Allah) bless, Tamim, "the best"!!!

bangla-red
September 16, 2008, 01:55 PM
Tamim? ICL? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

akabir77
September 16, 2008, 02:11 PM
No worry he is not joining ICL

Read here (http://thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=55166)

"I was in Kuakata for god's sake and all you people brought me back believing this rumour. I didn't go to India!"

akabir77
September 16, 2008, 02:13 PM
cricket_king you have to putup your plan to sucide for now... may be next time...

BTW Tamim is joining IPL though ;)

cricket_dorshok
September 16, 2008, 02:20 PM
BTW Tamim is joining IPL though ;)
I personally believe TI will join IPL this time.

Tigers_eye
September 16, 2008, 02:22 PM
ban all the BC rumor'ers for a week. Starting with Fazal. This is a hightime to show your might Z Kazi. Pick and choose. Shoot at site. Dhoira jail'a pathan shobgula'rey.

Formal complaint: Amar blood pressure barai disilow.

Fazal
September 16, 2008, 05:05 PM
Its not the time for BCB to 'Nakey Tell diyee Ghumanor' just because Tamim is singing the song that BCB was hoping.

They should hire full time body guard 24 hours a day... 7 days a week.... 365 days a year so that he cannot make any secret pack behind the door.

Trigger_Tiger
September 16, 2008, 05:14 PM

This is not a fan broadside or criticism from board officials or former players, but from the man who many thought would also join the rebel Indian Cricket League -- Tamim Iqbal.

The left-handed opener quashed speculations that were fuelled when he did not turn up for the meeting with Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) on Monday.

"Speculation with me? Why! Do you think I can take such a decision only for money?" asked the dashing batsman, who has so far played four Tests and 42 ODIs, ridiculing all rumours yesterday.

He reminding everyone of his family background and said what is important for him.

"Money is important but not everything. Before raising any excuse, one should ask himself first whether he has the self-confidence to keep his position in the team by the performance.

"I can be out of favour for one year or for a certain period of time and can only come back if I have the courage," said Tamim, the nephew of former national skipper Akram Khan and younger brother of Nafis Iqbal.

"I don't want to talk much about the cricketers who had preferred money but to me it's something big to represent the national side. People know Tamim Iqbal because he plays for Bangladesh," he added.

Tamim joked with this reporter that he was forced to come back to Dhaka from a leisure trip in the southern trip of the country.

"I was in Kuakata for god's sake and all you people brought me back believing this rumour. I didn't go to India!" joked Tamim.

Pardon me, but I actually have tears of joy in my eyes after reading this. THIS is a true great! A true player! A true "DHAKA WARRIOR"! One has to love this guy!

And Miraz Bhai, YES I am sure we all trust Akram Khan with our life.....at least most of us do :)!

Trigger_Tiger
September 16, 2008, 05:16 PM
No worry he is not joining ICL

Read here (http://thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=55166)

"I was in Kuakata for god's sake and all you people brought me back believing this rumour. I didn't go to India!"

For providing this news - I LOVE YOU :big_hug:!!!!!

patriot
September 16, 2008, 05:17 PM
Cant Understand why we fans are moaning so much about Aftab Ahamed and SN Leaving when we have Tamim Iqbal consistently doing what these two combined did inconsistently for Bangladesh.

Pagla Aftab's Dancing Down the Track Sixes + Traitor SN'S cover Drives = Bangladeshi Tamim Iqbal Khan.

Inshallah , he will be playing for Rajasthan Royals in the upcoming IPL. You read it here first.

Akib
September 16, 2008, 05:22 PM
Go TI! Well said.

dash
September 16, 2008, 05:53 PM
karo kothar bishash nai!

Zeeshan
September 16, 2008, 06:32 PM
etto jaiga thakte.....kuakata?

Murad
September 16, 2008, 06:34 PM
etto jaiga thakte.....kuakata?

Kuakata is a nice place.

BD er shob cheye shundor beach naki ei Kuakatai..

Cox's bazar to shudhu lombai...

habfreak
September 16, 2008, 06:45 PM

that comment made me update the favourite players section on my profile. A true Tiger! that's what cricket is about. That's what being a Bangladeshi is about.

Zeeshan
September 16, 2008, 06:48 PM
that comment made me update the favourite players section on my profile. A true Tiger! that's what cricket is about. That's what being a Bangladeshi is about.

hug?
:bighug:

zainab
September 16, 2008, 11:17 PM
Cant Understand why we fans are moaning so much about Aftab Ahamed and SN Leaving when we have Tamim Iqbal consistently doing what these two combined did inconsistently for Bangladesh.

Pagla Aftab's Dancing Down the Track Sixes + Traitor SN'S cover Drives = Bangladeshi Tamim Iqbal Khan.

Inshallah , he will be playing for Rajasthan Royals in the upcoming IPL. You read it here first.

I want him to play for Preity Zinta's team which has a bunch of good cricketers.

I always liked Tamim, when you guys were writing him off after the 2007 20/20 WC, I defended him, I was very upset that he was banished to the U19 team, but my faith in him upheld. IMO, he will be one of BD's greatest players and imagine, he is not yet 20 yrs of age.
Allah bless this young man.

yaseer
September 16, 2008, 11:21 PM
No, Tamim is not joining ICL....Prothom-Alo confirmed it today by quoting Tamim that he is not going.

Nafis_BD
September 16, 2008, 11:27 PM
Mashallah..... I am really proud of Tamim. If only the other players thought like this.

mac
September 16, 2008, 11:46 PM
All hail Tamim....you r the best....

desirocker
September 17, 2008, 01:19 AM
Mohan Allahr kache shukria adai korche.

cricket_king
September 17, 2008, 01:28 AM
As I have mentioned several times before - Tamim is GOD.

CholCholBD
September 17, 2008, 01:37 AM

Antora
September 17, 2008, 02:09 AM

This just made my day! I was about to scream if i didn't read this.. but I knew Tamim is not like the rest... but still had my doubts:-|

But now i feel like doing this>>>>>>>>>:fire: Only if i had the energy !!!

samjad
September 17, 2008, 03:02 AM

That Comment is so simple, but so true!!. Sums up the whole situation.

tanvir_nus
September 17, 2008, 05:09 AM
Sorry for ruining ur vacation Tamim, but that was the talk of the town and I had to bring it up here.... Thanks for confirming

Kabir
September 17, 2008, 10:28 AM
Okay, now that should be a slap on the face for the players who left to join ICL.

I loved each and every comment he made. Although, I'm still not upset with the players who have left...it's good that they left :)

AsifTheManRahman
September 17, 2008, 10:56 AM
I like the kind of arrogance that the Iqbal brothers display from time to time. Chorbijukto mezban er goshto khawa Chatgaiya josh.

thebest
September 17, 2008, 11:06 AM
ATMR, you remind me Nafis Iqbal's comment of Ashley Giles. We need some cocky cricketer like Iqbal brothers, not those chicken hearts

akabir77
September 17, 2008, 11:07 AM
For providing this news - I LOVE YOU :big_hug:!!!!!

I Love you Too :big_hug:

DJ Sahastra
September 17, 2008, 11:08 AM
A couple of failures, uncertain spot in the team and a million-dollar offer - Tamim is as luch likely to go as any of those who left. If anything has kept him back, it is his good string of scores in past few matches that has more or less cemented his place.

Anher
September 17, 2008, 12:25 PM
I like the kind of arrogance that the Iqbal brothers display from time to time. Chorbijukto mezban er goshto khawa Chatgaiya josh.

Its time to gift IQbal brothers Private ltd. the opening spot for their brave ward in this crucial time.

Zeeshan
September 17, 2008, 12:34 PM
I Love you Too :big_hug:

And now I pronounce you....

bujhee kom
September 17, 2008, 12:38 PM
guys, i can't beleive my ears, it's still buzzing from this morning when i talked to the legend akram khan in colombo...he was very sweet, kind and polite!
i told him that we at BC regularly pray for him and his bhatijas!
(i asked him about TIK's stinky blue under-shirt and he said it originally belonged to a great ancestor
of the khan family but he will mail it to me! i told him i will mail him a bag of idaho potato!
while antora, cricket_king and the rest of you all fight and kanna-kati over this, i am bagging the shirt!
i also asked for TIK's, nafees's and uncle akram's old socks, underwares etc. he said "no problem"!)!
beautiful!
i am thinking of aranging a milad mahfil for the khan family!

MohammedC
September 17, 2008, 12:42 PM
guys, i can't beleive my ears, it's still buzzing from this morning when i talked to the legend akram khan in colombo...he was very sweet, kind and polite!
i told him we at BC regularly pray for him and his bhatijas!
(i asked him about TIK's stinky blue under-shirt and he said he said it belongs to the great ancestor
of the khan family and he will mail it to me! i told him i will mail him a bag of idaho potato!
while antora, cricket_king and the rest of you all fight and kanna-kati over this, i am bagging the shirt!
i also asked for TIK's, nafees's and uncle akram's old socks, underwares etc. he said no problem!)!
beautiful!

Zaved that was funny. :lol:

Beamer
September 17, 2008, 12:53 PM
bujhee kom is becoming my favorite here. He is making me laugh all the time. He should have his own site..bujhee.com or something. Next time I am in NY, I think I will have birani with him. Is that ok bujhee kom?

bujhee kom
September 17, 2008, 01:17 PM
bujhee kom is becoming my favorite here. He is making me laugh all the time. He should have his own site..bujhee.com or something. Next time I am in NY, I think I will have birani with him. Is that ok bujhee kom?
oh absolutely beamer bhai, i am very touched! you are an honorable gurujon to me and your comments/posts mean a lot to me! definitely we will have biriyani when you come through nyc next time! bhai, just let me know the night before, that's all!!
love and peace!:big_hug:
-bk- zaved

billah
September 17, 2008, 01:22 PM
Please stop playing tests and ODIs and let the whole team join ICL. Best thing to do if they really need to go there.

WarWolf for BCB President. Post of the day.:up:

akabir77
September 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
A couple of failures, uncertain spot in the team and a million-dollar offer - Tamim is as luch likely to go as any of those who left. If anything has kept him back, it is his good string of scores in past few matches that has more or less cemented his place.

No he won't I can guarantee that... You don't know Iqbal Family... They are very proud people.:waiting:

habfreak
September 17, 2008, 07:03 PM
oh yeah! Like the kiss he blew to Nathan Bracken in the third ODI last month?
Tamim blowing kisses to 6'5" pacers from Australia and Rajib staring down the world's best batsmena fter going past their edge or hitting them in the helmet...that's the image of BD cricket the world needs to memorize in coming years.. NOT Alok and Reza walking around lifelessly on the field looking like they haven't been fed in years.

Trigger_Tiger
September 17, 2008, 07:20 PM
Tamim blowing kisses to 6'5" pacers from Australia and Rajib staring down the world's best batsmena fter going past their edge or hitting them in the helmet...that's the image of BD cricket the world needs to memorize in coming years.. NOT Alok and Reza walking around lifelessly on the field looking like they haven't been fed in years.

I remember that Bracken incident so well. I just couldn't stop laughing to myself. And when Tony Greig was for once singing praise of Tamim and said "Oh boy I think this young boy Tamim is getting under Bracken's skin a little bit".....PRICELESS!

There are some things money can't buy.....but for everything else, there's ICL!

Kabir
September 17, 2008, 07:50 PM
There are some things money can't buy.....but for everything else, there's KHAN BROTHERS

Corrected.

Trigger_Tiger
September 17, 2008, 07:52 PM
Corrected.

I said can't my brother in reference to the Khan brothers, not can =p!

Murad
September 17, 2008, 08:55 PM

I remember that Bracken incident so well. I just couldn't stop laughing to myself. And when Tony Greig was for once singing praise of Tamim and said "Oh boy I think this young boy Tamim is getting under Bracken's skin a little bit".....PRICELESS!

There are some things money can't buy.....but for everything else, there's ICL!

It wasn't Nathan Bracken. It was Shane Watson. :)

Trigger_Tiger
September 17, 2008, 09:02 PM
It wasn't Nathan Bracken. It was Shane Watson. :)

Was it now. Hmm.....it was lovely anyways. Tamim always has a go at bowlers he betas down on.....Zaheer, Munaf, Watson.....let the names roll :-D!

jahidus200
September 17, 2008, 11:34 PM
you man i become tamim iqbal best friend now man . i got his number .

Faisal
September 18, 2008, 12:37 AM

share with us the number :)

ononto
September 18, 2008, 01:34 AM
Never say never again....

if the first rumor (Tamim) becomes true, the rest is a matter of time and amount of money.

Looks like you are kinda over excited in this issue. what's happening Fazal?

thasan
September 18, 2008, 02:56 AM
icl ash re keno ney na?? :P

Razi
September 18, 2008, 03:16 AM
(i asked him about TIK's stinky blue under-shirt and he said it originally belonged to a great ancestor
of the khan family but he will mail it to me! i told him i will mail him a bag of idaho potato!
i also asked for TIK's, nafees's and uncle akram's old socks, underwares etc. he said "no problem"!)!
beautiful!

Oh WTG Zaved Bhai...:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:...simply you for BC President...without you BC would have not been the same place to me as it is now...!!!:-D:-D:-D:bravo::great:

checkmate
September 18, 2008, 03:16 AM
icl ash re keno ney na?? :P

L-)L-)L-)

They need player who can perform,at the end they need to make money,watching ash makes u pull ur hair,and in a rare occation u might get some entertainment,even there he makes ur heart in ur throat.

samjad
September 18, 2008, 03:42 AM
share with us the number :)

Why? You wanna contact him for ICL? Hands off!

Antora
September 18, 2008, 05:29 AM

Why? You wanna contact him for ICL? Hands off!

If i promise not to say anything about ICL can i have his number?:P:-D

Zeeshan
September 18, 2008, 12:49 PM
Give us a hint: does he use grameen or banglalink? I personally picture him as a banglalink guy...

jahidus200
September 18, 2008, 12:53 PM
Give us a hint: does he use grameen or banglalink? I personally picture him as a banglalink guy...

yeah man his number is grammen 0171
but i talk to him for while he was in kind of relax mode . i ask him to make 200 runs aginst newzealand in test match and he says he will try .his voice is like big ganster of bangladesh

BANFAN
September 18, 2008, 01:00 PM
So the Rumour is busted? :)

"Note Gach ti Murolo, ei thread ti Furolo"

:)

akabir77
September 18, 2008, 01:09 PM
beautiful!
I know AK was very down to earth man. here is one of my encounter with him, to some it might be repeat...
One time I had an opportunity to seat in a wedding table with rest of the national players when Akram Khan was the captain. Any how i was seating next to AK and I was a little boy then. He was so down to earth that he would give me food as i couldn't reach anything every time he was taking (BTW he would eat a lot two whole chicken that i could remember), so he had given me a lot. but i couldn't eat any as i was looking at all the players like a fool. I remember rafiq asking some question with great kindness... oh sweet old memories... btw the wedding was of keeper Nasu's youngest brother and I am related to him...

bujhee kom
September 18, 2008, 02:36 PM
Oh WTG Zaved Bhai...:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:...simply you for BC President...without you BC would have not been the same place to me as it is now...!!!:-D:-D:-D:bravo::great:
thank you my dear razi! you are always too kind! :big_hug:
your presence and aura make our BC a brighter place as well! :-*

bujhee kom
September 18, 2008, 02:40 PM
I know AK was very down to earth man. here is one of my encounter with him, to some it might be repeat...
One time I had an opportunity to seat in a wedding table with rest of the national players when Akram Khan was the captain. Any how i was seating next to AK and I was a little boy then. He was so down to earth that he would give me food as i couldn't reach anything every time he was taking (BTW he would eat a lot two whole chicken that i could remember), so he had given me a lot. but i couldn't eat any as i was looking at all the players like a fool. I remember rafiq asking some question with great kindness... oh sweet old memories... btw the wedding was of keeper Nasu's youngest brother and I am related to him...
issh! akabir bhai, apne super lucky! not only that you got hand fed by the legend akram khan, you got to eat chicken roasts, kalia, kofta, biriyani with the original tigers! was there any burhani? rafique being an orginal dhakaiya probably loves burhani, right?

akabir77
September 18, 2008, 03:13 PM
issh! akabir bhai, apne super lucky! not only that you got hand fed by the legend akram khan, you got to eat chicken roasts, kalia, kofta, biriyani with the original tigers! was there any burhani? rafique being an orginal dhakaiya probably loves burhani, right?

Yeah there was burhani... Oh man I want to have some now... ok thre more days... I need to call home and tell my sis to get me some borhani...