PDA

View Full Version : Who is behind the player exodus?

Miraz
September 15, 2008, 05:55 PM
I understand current BCB should take the major share of the blame due to their inactivity and unprofessionalism, but who is playing the cards behind the scene?

Apparently it is a planned attempt to undermine the current administration which is inept anyway. Now this attempt might cost us badly, even the Test status may be suspended. Already Bangladesh is under the scanner of the western cricket pundits about the competitiveness after the player exodus.

I am sure there will be some organized effort to downgrade Bangladesh's status in international cricket. For the sake of Bangladesh cricket it is very important to identify the mastermind behind current player exodus. Government should use its intelligence resources to identify the person.

It is important to correct current BCB's unprofessionalism but not at the cost of our cricket.

Another vital issue will be our performannce against New Zealand. This will be probably our biggest series in the history of Bangladesh cricket. We need some solid performance to prove our cricket will be on right track despite this ICL centric player exodus.

Zeeshan
September 15, 2008, 06:13 PM
This will be probably our biggest series in the history of Bangladesh cricket. We need some solid performance to prove our cricket will be on right track despite this ICL centric player exodus.

If we could just pull out a series win, not a whitewash, this will be a big middle finger to all those who screwed us and went for ICL. It's like, hell wit you guys, we can manage just fine without some bunch of unpatriotic whiners.

Getting jilted only makes a man become a 'player'.

Zeeshan
September 15, 2008, 06:19 PM
Amader RAB bhayera koi eishob du:shomoye?

WarWolf
September 15, 2008, 06:21 PM
I am sure some persons in the BCB itself are involved.

pinch_hitter
September 15, 2008, 06:22 PM
completely agree that the upcoming nz series indeed is the biggest for bangladesh since we are granted test status. or, the biggest ever, for that matter.

on thing about the icl fiasco is that, almost none of the players that were in the au tour are among the rebels. alok, sure. but he's the less-hyped ashraful of the squad. dhiman, sure he was impressive, but he was picked only because mushfiq was not fit. nazimuddin, i personally liked that bloke. he's flashy and stylish. but never really had the scope to groom much. was never a regular in the team. and forhad, i liked him too. he was the new chacha of the bd team, only better. handy bowler for middle overs, and a handly batsman at the late order. but none of them were regulars in the team. in that sense, by and large, we have pretty much the same team that toured au in our hand. granted they had a dismal showing, but considering the circumstances, we're not in that terrible of a hole. but at the same note, thats what makes the nz series the most imoprtant series for bd so far.

again, strictly in my own personal openion.

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 06:37 PM
If we could just pull out a series win, not a whitewash, this will be a big middle finger to all those who screwed us and went for ICL. It's like, hell wit you guys, we can manage just fine without some bunch of unpatriotic whiners.

Getting jilted only makes a man become a 'player'.

It si a matter of pride! War against self before war against others. Brotherhood sorted before blood drunk. Hmm.....!

cricket_king
September 15, 2008, 06:38 PM
I very much agree with the New Zealand tour being the most important so far. We need to show that the loss of these traitors hasn't affected us in a anyway, and maybe has enhanced our game.

Dhakablues
September 15, 2008, 06:40 PM
I have to disagree that we have to do a witchhunt for the culprits. Why do we have to? The players are not forced to join the ICL. And moreover, ICL contract has it that they can be released for national duty (although, BCI doesnt recognize it and hence duckling ICC must follow BCIs command). Look, players like Bashar/Sharif/Manju/Rafique making 1.5 crore,, why is that bad news?

Yes, this is a severe blow to us.. but trust me, even with the full fledged team our results were not any better these days,, and with a brand new team it would be the same. Just how are we really impacted? Lets look at the possible playing XI: without the rebels:

1. Tamim
2. Mehrab/Juaned
3. Ashraful
4. Raqibul
5. Saqibul
6. Mushfique
7. Mashrafee
8. Razzaque
9. Shahadat
10. Riad
11. Nazmul/Rasel/Dollar/Sajidul/Robin

So how would the result be different if you replaced Aftab/Nafees?

Yes, it is still a loss but not something that we have to start a military backed movement to find the mastermind. The mastermind is actually BCB who ignored the players and did nothing when Ashraful told them about the ICL issue 2 months ago. Lipu was just doing the other 987 things he has to do other than talking or instant-messaging players.

Kana-Baba
September 15, 2008, 06:44 PM
Amader RAB bhayera koi eishob du:shomoye?

send them all to crossfire... RAB bhaiyera koi shob?

scoilaheez
September 15, 2008, 06:59 PM
Spot on Miraz, our future test staus is at stake right now! Simply put, we must perform against NZ

ashkale
September 15, 2008, 08:00 PM
Hear that Ashraful might be joining today's presscon in delhi. I think Dhaka warriors have a greater chance of playing good cricket than when the same players were playing for Bangladesh. In the long run it will be good for cricket in Bangladesh.

cricket_king
September 15, 2008, 08:37 PM
Hear that Ashraful might be joining today's presscon in delhi. I think Dhaka warriors have a greater chance of playing good cricket than when the same players were playing for Bangladesh. In the long run it will be good for cricket in Bangladesh.

Care to elaborate how? :ticking:

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 08:46 PM
Given that this exodus proves to be even more detremental than it already is (thanks to the Western Hemisphere Cricket World making a bigger fuss about it than us), then what shall we label the mastermind(s) and the players who left? Collaborators?

Fazal
September 15, 2008, 09:44 PM
I completely agree government should do serious investigation and find out who is behind the scene. I suggest government should ask for all available help from CIA, Scotland Yard, NDS, ASIO, MTN, OSA, CSIS, MSS, DAS, DGI, DGSE, BDN, R&AW, MOIS, GDS, MOSSAD, ISI, Al Mukhabarat Al A'amah, NIB, Idarat al-Mukhabarat al-Amma, NIA, MIT,Milli İstihbarat Teşkilatı, JIC, MI6, etc to assist DGFI and RAB finding all the culprits.

Trigger_Tiger
September 15, 2008, 09:52 PM
I completely agree government should do serious investigation and find out who is behind the scene. I suggest government should ask for all available help from CIA, Scotland Yard, NDS, ASIO, MTN, OSA, CSIS, MSS, DAS, DGI, DGSE, BDN, R&AW, MOIS, GDS, MOSSAD, ISI, Al Mukhabarat Al A'amah, NIB, Idarat al-Mukhabarat al-Amma, NIA, MIT,Milli İstihbarat Teşkilatı, JIC, MI6, etc to assist DGFI and RAB finding all the culprits.

You are just too hillarious man :floor:!!!!!

Zeeshan
September 15, 2008, 10:34 PM

post!

Murad
September 15, 2008, 10:37 PM
Habibul Bashar.

Or

Faruk Ahmed.

CholCholBD
September 15, 2008, 11:20 PM
I want to know if Syed Rasel is available for the NZ series???

IF anyone knows any updates on his injury, please let us know. He would be a great 3rd pacer for the NZ series, we really need him to help restrict them to 200.

bujhee kom
September 15, 2008, 11:28 PM
who is this faruk ahmed? what do we know about this guy?
also what happened to all that $$ that is supposed be coming back to bcb from the folks that borrowed it by mistake?
how much is it? and we demand to see where it's going to get spent at!

Miraz
September 15, 2008, 11:33 PM
who is this faruk ahmed? what do we know about this guy?

He is our immediate past chief selector and former skipper of Bangladesh team. There is no report that he masterminded this exodus.

Tehsin
September 15, 2008, 11:53 PM
Faruk also happens to be the cousin of Shariar Nafees. He probably started the legacy of non-performing captains in the BD national team. He played 7 ODIs between 1988-1999, scored 105 runs at 15avg with 57 of those runs scored in a single match (against India, 1990, 126 balls).

Is it confirmed that Faruk was indeed behind this?

Added: He has a FC avg of 36.85. http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/statsguru/content/player/55885.html

Miraz
September 15, 2008, 11:55 PM
Faruk also happens to be the cousin of Shariar Nafees. He probably started the legacy of non-performing captains in the BD national team. He played 7 ODIs between 1988-1999, scored 105 runs at 15avg with 57 of those runs scored in a single match (against India, 1990, 126 balls).

Is it confirmed that Faruk was indeed behind this?

Nope!! pure speculation.

Faisal
September 15, 2008, 11:58 PM

OMG! you forgot to mention FBI

Tehsin
September 16, 2008, 12:02 AM
In Fazal's defense, FBI's jurisdiction is pretty much the continental US.

Zeeshan
September 16, 2008, 12:07 AM
Or NSA/KGB?

[Note: NSA not U]

BANFAN
September 16, 2008, 12:42 AM
vital issue will be our performannce against New Zealand. This will be probably our biggest series in the history of Bangladesh cricket. We need some solid performance to prove our cricket will be on right track despite this ICL centric player exodus.

That's not only for the current ICL issue, even on purely performance ground, A good performance is long over due. people started talking even before the ICL issue. These will just spice up their claims. If we perform in the ground, such debacles can do nothing bad.

kalpurush
September 16, 2008, 02:57 AM
He is our immediate past chief selector and former skipper of Bangladesh team. There is no report that he masterminded this exodus.
Current BD bowling coach Sarwoar Imran?
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTE4MjU4&mid=OA==

thebest
September 16, 2008, 08:31 AM
LIPU. What a pathetic excuse that he heard it last year and nothing happened and expect this year to be the same.
But SN's sudden refusal to join the Aus bound team make me suspicious that he was the ICL agent in the national team and recruited Alok and Dhiman. I am not an Ash fan but I would not blame Ash for discussing ICL thing with his team mates. We all do these kinds of thing whenver we recive any offer whether we accept it or not. Lipu is the real culprit. Why he did not take any action when Ash failed to report him immediatly after the approach? Why he wanted to discuss with the players now? Why he did not talk with each and evry player (whether approach were made or not) when he heard that? Did he talked with Sarwar Imran? Considering Akram is the uncle of Tamim and they are member of closely knitted family he already have an inside man within the players rank; what did he do.

Tehsin
September 16, 2008, 08:59 AM
He may have gotten an offer to be the coach. It doesn't say anything about him running the IPL exodus, it only mentions that he was made an offer and he is thinking about it. I am assuming that he could only go in as a coach.

Reading the players comments, it helps you differentiate between 'heroes' and 'whiners'. We truly do not need those whiners in the team. Maybe IPL is a blessing in disguise. If you can't handle rejection and competition, step away. We don't need thier negative attitude affecting the others.

Current BD bowling coach Sarwoar Imran?
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTE4MjU4&mid=OA==

mahbubH
September 16, 2008, 08:59 AM
Faruque... he and More were selector for BD and India at the same time and they worked for selecting Asia 11 before. What about the study of Sharier Nafees?

Tehsin
September 16, 2008, 09:16 AM
He was 'studying' the ICL contracts. $200K in 3 years is worth studying for.

Faruque... he and More were selector for BD and India at the same time and they worked for selecting Asia 11 before. What about the study of Sharier Nafees?

Tigers_eye
September 16, 2008, 09:16 AM
"Onek kom taka'r offer peyechi. char koti taka dilay amio choley jabo ICL'a - Lekhen." - Shahadat to two reporters.

Pura boss public. Bod, jodi dui ekta'a matha na fataitey parish NZ'er against'a tho khobor asey.

dash
September 16, 2008, 09:18 AM
Ash is the main culprit,
he admitted with PA interview they he got the offer and discussed it with his team mates,
If you are doing that kind of stuff being the the captain in a tour- thats kinda like a mutiny,
If you look at the attitude and dismissal of ash and alok, ull get a feeling there bout to jump ship,
now ash is in london, dont whats the hoopla with it, he was about join icl then change mind or what ever, or may be he still might joi

Tehsin
September 16, 2008, 09:18 AM
Shahadat 'Taal Gaach' Rajib eita bolse? Kon paper e utse? next year er jonne toiri hochce. :)

"Onek kom taka'r offer peyechi. char koti taka dilay amio choley jabo ICL'a - Lekhen." - Shahadat to two reporters.

Pura boss public. Bod, jodi dui ekta'a matha na fataitey parish NZ'er against'a tho khobor asey.

Tehsin
September 16, 2008, 09:21 AM
If you really want to be critical, Ash being in UK while this is going in at home, makes you wonder if he purposefully wanted to distance himself from the whole saga. Public to oto boka na. On the other hand, it could all just be, wrong captain at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Beamer
September 16, 2008, 11:28 AM
Though I am not in favor of persuading the players back to the fold, however, I have to agree with Miraz here and would surely like to find the person/groups/entities behind the coup. Its not a witch hunt as someone mentioned, but we have to clearly know who is behind it, so in the future that person is not allowed to come anywhere near the national set-up. If he is not identified, whats the guarantee that he would not continue to keep dislodging players in future? Incompetent BCB didn't see it coming despite the signs and chose to sleepwalk. Now, they better wake up, and at least find out who are behind this. What if the guy behind it works for BCB as well? You never know. I think in time we will find out but BCB can't just sit anymore. They need some house cleaning.

SS
September 16, 2008, 11:34 AM
Agree with Beamer. Got to be somone who is closely associated with BCB. May be they also acted as an agent. They are very shrewd to identify the legal aspect of BD and BCB, and went so far that players themselves resigned for the sake of this deal! And there should be a law to capture these culprits who worked against a National Team and convince them to quit while they were still in service with the country.

Dawah
September 16, 2008, 11:53 AM
Captain of the National team, Ashraful must know the whole incident. If he did not know "anything", then it shows he is an incompetent captain who does not know what is going with his team members.

thebest
September 16, 2008, 12:08 PM
Lipu is now claiming (Just watch Channel 1 news) that Ash told him only about ICL's approach to him. Not the full story. In which world he live? He expect Ash would tell him how he talk with his colleagues about the approch; he expect all the players would tell him "Lipu Vai, ICL e offer paichi. Doa Koiren". This is incompetene at Bush II level. Before finding the culprit and banning players fire the Operation manager with his entire commitee

Rabz
September 16, 2008, 12:15 PM
If you asking me, my finger would point at Habibul Bashar.

Knowing his international career is all but over, this is his golden opportunity to make some quick buck in the twilight of his career.

But he could not do this without a team.

Remember, he is still probably considered a father figure for our boys. Guys like Aftab, SN, Alok, Tapash all played majority of their short career under Bashar's captaincy and his words and wisdom meant a lot.

Bashar, himself being a player from the era when politics was the ONLy means to be in the team, is a shrewd master strategist off the field. Knowing his own days are limited, he persuaded few struggling, out of team injured players like Aftab and SN to follow his suit.

They inturn persuaded guys like Dhiman and Rubel to join and make some money.
Dhiman and Rubel in turn persuaded academy rookies to join the bandwagon.

So, by word to word marketing and some serious manipulation and persuasion, they end up getting a team big enough to field.

Bashar does not give a hoot about careers of the young and upcomings. It was for his own good and seriously believe he seized the opportunity that presented him.

No wonder he was the first, along with Dhiman, to fly out to india early today as quick as possible.

Rafiq, on the other hand, been absolutely quiet about the whole thing. Already retired, he knew no blame would come his way and probably accepted the offer with blessings, silently, smartly.

If you asking me, i'd point my finger at Bashar.

Beamer
September 16, 2008, 12:22 PM
Rabz is probably right. I also suspect him and for the reasons you mentioned.

meazz1
September 16, 2008, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=Rabz;735190]If you asking me, my finger would point at Habibul Bashar.

This makes a lot of sense.

WarWolf
September 16, 2008, 12:37 PM
Good point Sydney thukku Rabz bhai.

bujhee kom
September 16, 2008, 12:49 PM
If you asking me, my finger would point at Habibul Bashar.
Knowing his international career is all but over, this is his golden opportunity to make some quick buck in the twilight of his career.....
If you asking me, i'd point my finger at Bashar.
sydney bhai, i absolutely totally agree with you! i suspect the same thing!
bashar - you are a low gutter living rat!

Bengaliprince176
September 16, 2008, 12:57 PM
to be honest, a lot of people are suspecting Bashar, but in fairness this was bound to happen. Gioven the current situation with BD cricket, it was only a matter of time before the ICL scouts targetted BD cricket, The Lahore BAdshahs attracted huge audiences in Pakistan, due to an all Pakistan team. Huge audiences means more money. More money means more incentive to expand......and along came Bashar and his cronies lol. It's really sad to see, this exodues in BD cricket, ive always said BD have a bright future in 5-10 years time.....itll prolly have to be 15 years time, lest hope the remainder can prove me wrong and become even more determined to make Bangladeshi cricket great!

Rabz
September 16, 2008, 12:59 PM
sydney bhai, i absolutely totally agree with you! i suspect the same thing!
bashar - you are a low gutter living rat!

BK bhai, just hold your guns for a sec.
No need to call names just as yet.

This is all a speculation. I dont have any credible source to claim them right.
Just trying to add 2+2.

Plus, its not Bashar's fault that the rest followed his suit ( if it is the case).
He could have gone only so far if the guys like SN and Aftab did not take the plunge.

He said jump, they said how high.

He might be the instigator, but the majority of my blame would go to aftab and nafees.

zainab
September 17, 2008, 07:49 AM
BK bhai, just hold your guns for a sec.
No need to call names just as yet.

This is all a speculation. I dont have any credible source to claim them right.
Just trying to add 2+2.

Plus, its not Bashar's fault that the rest followed his suit ( if it is the case).
He could have gone only so far if the guys like SN and Aftab did not take the plunge.

He said jump, they said how high.

He might be the instigator, but the majority of my blame would go to aftab and nafees.

Maybe you are right. But BAshar being their former captain and an older cricketer had to have instilled doubts in their minds. also, they saw the way BCB and Siddons treated Bashar, so they decided that they will not hang around for the same treatment, and took the plunge now. If BCCI reconsider their stance on the ICL, these guys are young and can still play cricket in BD after a while. Lets hope all is not lost for them within the next 3 yrs.

SS
September 17, 2008, 09:37 AM
Maybe you are right. But BAshar being their former captain and an older cricketer had to have instilled doubts in their minds. also, they saw the way BCB and Siddons treated Bashar, so they decided that they will not hang around for the same treatment, and took the plunge now. If BCCI reconsider their stance on the ICL, these guys are young and can still play cricket in BD after a while. Lets hope all is not lost for them within the next 3 yrs.

you mean 10 years later..they will be grandpa...and BD and BCB like younger players and want to form a team with 19 years old no way they will take anybody 24+. And you know they don't care about 25+ discards as they are adult enought to take care of their practices and training!

SS
September 17, 2008, 11:26 AM
BD cricket will be destroyed if it goes like this way. We are not like other test teams where they have plenty of options. BCB, players, ICL all need to share the blame. BCB does not do anything with a discard players. Players think they are automatic choice (they should have borned in other countries..they are too lazy and want everything to be granted) We need good leadership both in management/coaching/selection/captancy...not sure who is to blame but BCB and BD cricket is too naive to face this complicacy. When we were looking to build pipeline players and have a national team with more experienced players, this mess is taking us back to again where we were when our senior players booted from national team for poor performances. I blame everybody including BCB, players, coach, captain and obviously ICL to create this drama.
As I said before BD cricket needs help at this point with correct strategy from cricket administrators otherwise we will next Zimb.

view360
September 17, 2008, 12:27 PM
It is ashraful and BCB boss Maj Gen jamali knows it too. He is waiting for this culprit to come back and he will show this culprit how many six Army can hit.
What Ashraful has done is almost like committing treason for a poor country like Bangladesh.

Akib
September 17, 2008, 03:50 PM
to be honest, a lot of people are suspecting Bashar, but in fairness this was bound to happen. Gioven the current situation with BD cricket, it was only a matter of time before the ICL scouts targetted BD cricket, The Lahore BAdshahs attracted huge audiences in Pakistan, due to an all Pakistan team. Huge audiences means more money. More money means more incentive to expand......and along came Bashar and his cronies lol. It's really sad to see, this exodues in BD cricket, ive always said BD have a bright future in 5-10 years time.....itll prolly have to be 15 years time, lest hope the remainder can prove me wrong and become even more determined to make Bangladeshi cricket great!

Don't compliment aftab and nafees so much by suggesting their absense will put us back 5 years.

thebest
September 18, 2008, 08:56 AM
Though my suspicion was on SN but Aftab may be mastermind. My logic there are too many players from Chittagong division. In fact with the exception Shezan and Iqbal brothers the whole batting line up is gone. If you have to believe Sonargaon CC's chairman's write up in Daily Star - one of the junior selector is also involved. Unfortunately Shezan is one of the junior age group selector. Though I am againest any witch hunting, but I am not ruling any thing out

samjad
September 18, 2008, 09:10 AM
I won't be surprised if it's Rafique!!

zainab
September 18, 2008, 10:27 AM
It has got to be the older players convinced the younger players to jump ship.
Also shariar nafees pulled out of the aussie Tour at the last moment citing his studies, how will he study if he is playing from October, so negotiations were in the pipeline.before the players left for australia. Aftab is injured, had nothing else to think about, so he was influenced. He is the worst moron of the whole lot. I am mad with him that he has no brains, and cant think for himself. He is well paid by BCB, should not have been so chicken.

Whilst in australia, Dhiman,
Reza and alok Kapali knew that they had a lucrative offer, but Dhiman gave his best I have ever seen of his glove work. These young cricketers have done more harm than good to their cricketing careers. If their contracts are not renewed after 3 yrs, what will they do? They will be outcasts in the cricket circle of BD.
Rafique and Bashar can be excused, they have more or less retired.

yaseer
September 18, 2008, 11:04 AM
Lots of speculation going on, I am not sure who is the person behind players exodus, but I am sure that there must be a person/group who is behind all these and showing players the way to deal with the situation. I do not think the person is one of the players, high probability that it can be one of BCB's ex-officials.

Today in Media, Habibul Bashar and others express their desire to talk with BCB on the issue that they want to play for the national team. It surprised me as they retired earlier. BCB in reply (Lipu) said that, they will sit in discussion with "rebel" players only if they discontinue their ICL contract. So, the drama is getting a new shape from today.

This make me believe that the Drama Writter is not a player, he is someone else, Who before gave the players the idea to retire first and then sign for ICL and confirmed that BCB will then not BAN them. But as they are Bannned for 10 years, the drama writers idea has flopped and players are clueless and want to sit with BCB.

Question is who the person can be? Faruk? Mahbub Anam (ex BCB secretary)? ex media manager BCB (forgot his name, may be Riazudding al Mamun)? All these officials were not happy while leaving BCB.

Kabir
September 18, 2008, 11:17 AM
Personally, I don't think BCB should stop these players from commiting to both ICL and national calls. That will be another win-win situation.

However, if BCB lifts its ban on theese players, it's likely that BCCI will lift it'll flex its muscles a little about IPL and BD players.

BANFAN
September 18, 2008, 11:19 AM
It may be more than one as well. Or may be there was no clear lead role. The contacts were floating & available to everyone & the individual players have contacted directly & sorted out their own deals. These guys may be young by age, but in money matters they all have their own understanding. They are all earning their bread through cricket, lets not forget that. Some players might just be guilty of providing contacts of ICL head hunting team.

These Indian marketing guys are capable of convincing every player from every point of view for everything. Though, this was as tough as "Selling poo to Poo cleaners"

Murad
September 18, 2008, 04:19 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTE4NzU5&mid=OA==

Ei report e Faruq Ahmed er kotha gulo shune mone hochche DADA MIYA ei kaajer sathe valoi jorito achen...

Dhakablues
September 18, 2008, 04:27 PM
I think many of you didnt pay attention to what Nafees and Bashar said. They said it was Ashaful. He gave the leads to Bashar and the players. No reason to speculate. Ashraful left for UK to avoid the media and get into trouble... Had he really had nothing with this.. ( as he is supposedly the captain) he would've come back immediately and work with the board or players.. he is clearly involved and should be punished.

WarWolf
September 18, 2008, 06:49 PM
The words from Aftab's mouth gives the impression that some very much influential persons or a group of persons are involved. Somebody gave them the idea that they would be banned for a maximum period of 6 months. As they believed this means the person convinced them for the deal with the ICL has good connections with BCB. Only for this reason, they could rely on him.

I suspect the person can be Faruk Ahmed. SN could never be so much aggressive in his words until his god-father, his cousin would allow him to.

If you ask me then I will say every thing points the finger to Faruk Ahmed.

Reaz
September 18, 2008, 08:05 PM
Miraz, couldn't agree more with you.

Its all my speculations:

Masterminded by Ashraful.
Executed by Bashar.
Supported and instigated by Farooq and co.

Just follow the current activities and statements of these people. You will find the answer.

But irony is that young boys like Aftab, Nafees and Dhiman stepped in to the trap.
I will miss all three, specially Aftab.

dash
September 18, 2008, 08:53 PM
everybody in bcb knows it ash

Megh
September 18, 2008, 10:38 PM

bhaijan, apni dekhi already Dhaka Warriors-er logo gaye lagaiya ghurtasen. akhon buija uthte partesi na ki kori ei gulare niya. ar apne ei kam koira boisa asen.

Megh
September 18, 2008, 10:41 PM
please, first of all, take ashrafool away from captaincy. Him as a captain, brought all the worst luck in our cricket history.

Murad
September 18, 2008, 10:44 PM
please, first of all, take ashrafool away from captaincy. Him as a captain, brought all the worst luck in our cricket history.

I know, right?

He's the lone destroyer of BD cricket. We were no.1 in the world and now we are no.9. Just because of him. What a shame!

Megh
September 18, 2008, 10:44 PM
100000% agreed with both of guys. SN should be banned for years. cause, he said a lot unpleasent words and he did lie most among the others. without saying names he said a lot of unexpected talks in the newspapers.

The words from Aftab's mouth gives the impression that some very much influential persons or a group of persons are involved. Somebody gave them the idea that they would be banned for a maximum period of 6 months. As they believed this means the person convinced them for the deal with the ICL has good connections with BCB. Only for this reason, they could rely on him.

I suspect the person can be Faruk Ahmed. SN could never be so much aggressive in his words until his god-father, his cousin would allow him to.

If you ask me then I will say every thing points the finger to Faruk Ahmed.

Miraz, couldn't agree more with you.

Its all my speculations:

Masterminded by Ashraful.
Executed by Bashar.
Supported and instigated by Farooq and co.

Just follow the current activities and statements of these people. You will find the answer.

But irony is that young boys like Aftab, Nafees and Dhiman stepped in to the trap.
I will miss all three, specially Aftab.

Zeeshan
September 18, 2008, 10:51 PM
I won't be surprised if it's Rafique!!

Just like in the detective movies...the guy you least suspect

Megh
September 18, 2008, 10:53 PM
I know, right?

He's the lone destroyer of BD cricket. We were no.1 in the world and now we are no.9. Just because of him. What a shame!

OHHHH!!! Really????

1.what did he do in this situation as a captain of our cricket team?
2.what did he say after the aus series about keeping captaincy?
3.how is he performing after being captain(i had question about before that also)?
4.how did he response after know about this? and did he inform BCB about this?
5.we saw many captain dropped himeself outta team as he wasn't in a good form. but our ASHRAFOOL??? what did he do or said about that?
6.after happening all these, why is he still in UK???does he should act like this as a captain?
7. to which captain scoring 200 runs in a batting pitch is a better performanc???(at least Hablu said that we are gonna try to fight back)

i dunno how many reason you need to take away the captaincy from him.

anywayz, are you one the blind fans of ASH(Fool)????
if yes then PITY!!!

anywayz, seems like there are so many pandits are sitting here and talking and solving the problem. don't feel like needed any opinion here by them. sorry to disturb you guys.

djnaved
September 18, 2008, 11:02 PM
http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTE4NzU5&mid=OA==

Ei report e Faruq Ahmed er kotha gulo shune mone hochche DADA MIYA ei kaajer sathe valoi jorito achen...

rokibul hasan o to same kotha bolse, taar mane ki rokibul hasan jorito....r khaled masud pilot tou eki typer kotha bolse, taar mane ki pilot etar shathe jorito? faruk ahmed jodi ei kaajer jorito thake tahole to etodinea shotto ghotona ber hoye ashar kotha......faruk ahmed thik kothai bolse, india amader kottuk help korse bole shuni, amra kobe indiate jeye test match khelchi? plus, akhon dekhen IPLer lokjonera amader board ke koi je tara aro bd player nibe next tournamentea....agea IPL lokjonera koi chilo.....rafiqer, ash, r mashrafeer IPL e khelar kotha chilo, koi taderke ki nichea? akhon tara bolea je, aro bd players select korbe.........afsos

Murad
September 18, 2008, 11:03 PM
I agree with the idea of taking the captaincy from him. I've said this in many threads. It will help him the most. He could work with Siddons more on his batting.

But the thing is.. many people in this forum saying Ash is the destroyer of BD cricket. He's the main person who is destroying our cricket future. Like there are no other player in the team besides him. I know he's getting too many free rides but so does others.

And now everyone blaming him for all this mess without any proofs. All these rebels will say anything now. They were all against Ashraful and will try anything to downplay Ashraful's image.

We just don't know who is right and who is wrong.

Akib
September 18, 2008, 11:07 PM
Until I see proof I dun't believe its ash. I think its just everyone hates him atm (bad form... crappy captancy), and thus they are jumping on him.

Anyways, responding to Megh, apparantly, Ash did inform BCB about this. What BCB did with this info is obvious (they did nothing).

Murad
September 18, 2008, 11:08 PM
rokibul hasan o to same kotha bolse, taar mane ki rokibul hasan jorito....r khaled masud pilot tou eki typer kotha bolse, taar mane ki pilot etar shathe jorito? faruk ahmed jodi ei kaajer jorito thake tahole to etodinea shotto ghotona ber hoye ashar kotha......faruk ahmed thik kothai bolse, india amader kottuk help korse bole shuni, amra kobe indiate jeye test match khelchi? plus, akhon dekhen IPLer lokjonera amader board ke koi je tara aro bd player nibe next tournamentea....agea IPL lokjonera koi chilo.....rafiqer, ash, r mashrafeer IPL e khelar kotha chilo, koi taderke ki nichea? akhon tara bolea je, aro bd players select korbe.........afsos

Raqibul Hasan ja bolse.. tar sathe Faruq er mile na... Onek different. Raqibul bolse eta valoi hoise. Ekhon onno player der atkano jabe.. Ar Faruq etar birodita kortese.

Ar tachara Faruq to emnitei faltu manush. Mone ache na commission thing? Player der theke je commission nito?

Ar anyways.. Amra keo e ekhono janina ke er pichone ache. Just guess kore boli.

Ajke AFtab er kotha shune mone holo.. aro onekjon etar sathe jorito.

cricman
September 18, 2008, 11:18 PM
It was the Kolkotta based ICL Agent

One World
September 18, 2008, 11:24 PM
Its One World :).

Joke aside, I wonder what Khaled Mashud is doing right now.

BANFAN
September 19, 2008, 05:47 AM
Who is behind?
: It's not me

Kabir
September 19, 2008, 07:27 AM
Who is behind?

I thought so.

WarWolf
September 19, 2008, 07:44 AM
Who is behind?
Thakur ghore ke re..
Ami lobon khai nai...

Kharan Rabz vai re koiya ditese. Aitese dhorte...:-D

BANFAN
September 19, 2008, 11:12 AM
I thought so.

Thanks that you beleived me. Sign of clean heart.

Unlike WW :)