PDA

View Full Version : ICL Boycott

scoilaheez
September 15, 2008, 06:54 PM
I realise everyone can do whatever they wish and talk about what they want but the ICL is about to tear the heart out of Bangaldesh Cricket, even those left behind are always going to wonder they should have taken the ICL offer. But, if the BD team in the ICL is a success unfortunately, Bangladesh as a national team will be dead, simple as that. They will soon go after Tamim, Mash etc. There is talk that these guys would get $500,000 US. This is ten times what they are paid now. At the end of the day, the BD ICL team is likely to be filled with all of our national players in the near future.

Unfortunately, the general public is so stupid and wont realise that the very people who have taken away the players we love so much, are the same people who we are going to support.

I wouldnt be surprised, if a few more players go to the ICL. It may be Aftab, Rubel, Farhad and Nafees that are lost for now but how long until our very best prospects go to? BD may be stripped of test status as the majority of nations are just waiting for a reason to remove us from the Future Tours Program (as we represent losses every time we tour a country).

In my opinion, this situation is a disgrace that the BCCI is responsible for. They should simply allow the national players to play for both. BCCI have saved us from getting test status stripped (for alterior motives mind you) but have severely crippled world cricket.

I have a great passion for BD cricket and refuse to see our national team merely disipate into an ICL team:mad:... who's with me?

dash
September 15, 2008, 07:35 PM
boss! sorry im sorry,
i cant watch ny way but ill remain informed

cricket_king
September 15, 2008, 08:16 PM
I'm so in. BOYCOTT ICL.

Tehsin
September 15, 2008, 09:35 PM
BCCI and its big brotherly attitude continues to hurt us one way (no series) or the other (ICL - banned by BCCI). BCCI should just let the guys in ICL have some legitimacy and that will help us not lose any more players. Jara geche, geche, at least bhobishshot e jodi national player der keo ICL e khelte chai, they won't be forced to quit the national tea to earn some extra $$$.

mishu
September 15, 2008, 10:46 PM
for some reason i think this is good for BD, now people will think they have future in cricket, money wise. what i mean is parents will want their kids growing up to be cricketers, if they can make 400k or 500k USD a year!! just trying to find some positive in this mess

Zeeshan
September 15, 2008, 10:48 PM
for some reason i think this is good for BD, now people will think they have future in cricket, money wise. what i mean is parents will want their kids growing up to be cricketers, if they can make 400k or 500k USD a year!! just trying to find some positive in this mess

not if you are in my fam. amar baap ekhono chay ami computer chientist baa doctor ba engineer hoi... :(

BANFAN
September 15, 2008, 11:13 PM
Why boycott ICL & legitimize the illegitimate BCCI policy towards it ?

Tehsin
September 15, 2008, 11:20 PM
It's sad how this legitimate question has not yet been analyzed/asked by any of the reputable cricket authorities in the wake of the recent events. Why force a nation to ban their players when you can have a legit league where international teams can compete, the fans get what they want, and cricketers get taken care of. Then again, when did BCCI care about cricketers getting taken care of?

mishu
September 16, 2008, 12:12 AM
not if you are in my fam. Amar baap ekhono chay ami computer chientist baa doctor ba engineer hoi... :(

lol!!:d

Abid_Khan
September 16, 2008, 06:53 AM
Kill the boss of ICL and everything would be fine (Sorry about my crazy teenage brain but i couldnt help myself)

crikfreak
September 17, 2008, 07:40 AM
i'm gonna boycott ICL.. i'n NOT going to follow it.. i really dont like the way BCCI is starting to dominate the world..i dont like the way they one up on everyone else..

BANFAN
September 19, 2008, 08:16 AM
It's sad how this legitimate question has not yet been analyzed/asked by any of the reputable cricket authorities in the wake of the recent events. Why force a nation to ban their players when you can have a legit league where international teams can compete, the fans get what they want, and cricketers get taken care of. Then again, when did BCCI care about cricketers getting taken care of?

Rules are made by selfish powerful people for the fools.

See the way people have jumped into abusing the boys for playing cricket, on the other hand if prostitution is made legal, people will take to street for their rights... :) (Just example to show how a bad act may look good and good act might look bad to some people)

If you forget about laws and weigh the act, the picture will be different. But people's mind gets shackled by some laws made by some powers, so much that they lose the ability to think independant. ..

The world is so interesting..............

riad
September 19, 2008, 08:35 AM
I will follow ICL as I have been for last year [it came free with the package]....
I will be happy if BD guys win as they were our BD cric heroes
I will be happy if BD guys lose as they are Gaddar

So its a win-win situation for me ....:D

cricket_pagol
September 19, 2008, 08:57 AM
Last year I did not follow ICL, but this year i will :)

The real culprit is BCCI with it's greedy & monopolizing attitude...

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 09:58 AM
As Yogi Berra said "If people don't want to come out to the ball park, nobody's gonna stop 'em.". So yes, you all can enforce your own opinion in a more constriuctive way by either choosing to follow ICL or ignore them. There is no point calling them traitors.

Zeeshan
September 19, 2008, 10:07 AM
Do you have photographic memory Fazal?

BANFAN
September 19, 2008, 10:41 AM
Last year I did not follow ICL, but this year i will :)

I followed last year. I bet, this year almost 100% BD fans will follow ICL.

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 04:52 PM
Do you have photographic memory Fazal?

No... but I have photogenic Chehara. Does it count?

Zeeshan
September 19, 2008, 08:47 PM
No... but I have photogenic Chehara. Does it count?

It was a layup, too bad you couldn't dunk it.

Dhakablues
September 19, 2008, 09:03 PM
I wont follow ICL,, but I will follow the Dhaka Warriors.

Murad
September 19, 2008, 09:30 PM
I wont follow ICL,, but I will follow the Dhaka Warriors.

I guess shobai korbe..jokhon khela shuru hobe..

Ekhon jara odher ke gali ditese tara o korbe.. jara odher pokkhe tara o korbe..

Ekhon bole ar ki.. boycott korbe...eta korbe sheta korbe..but time moto shobai follow korbe :)

Orpheus
September 19, 2008, 09:48 PM
Cricket is going through a transformation. In few years time, there will be more interest in some sort of Indian local league than world tours. Similar to NBA - sure many countries play basketball but the best play in NBA.

This change is happening wether you like it or not. BUt what you should appreciate is the fact that Bangladesh is in it. THIS IS HUGE. My prediction is that "international" cricket will die out soon and eventually main attractions will only be major events like world cup or ICC trophy etc. So it is better to be part of it than be left behind stranded.

I appreciate this move by ICL. And I think you should also be happy. We should not be discussing about our involvement with ICL rather our board's incompetence to handle this situation. Good management skills can make everyone happy.

I am sure all these have been talk here to death....but then again there has been similar threads as well... so :D

GO ICL

WarWolf
September 21, 2008, 08:06 PM
What about an ICL Girlcott?

Zeeshan
September 21, 2008, 09:28 PM
What about an ICL Girlcott?

You did not just say that....

sunny747
September 21, 2008, 11:13 PM
i'll still watch ICL and support dhaka warrior.

yaseer
September 21, 2008, 11:54 PM
I am gonna love this month of October.....so much cricket.....

Definitely I will follow ICL and support Dhaka Warriors.

GO DHAKA WARRIORS GO!!! WIN THE ICL!!!!

yaseer
September 21, 2008, 11:58 PM
Cricket is going through a transformation. In few years time, there will be more interest in some sort of Indian local league than world tours. Similar to NBA - sure many countries play basketball but the best play in NBA.

This change is happening wether you like it or not. BUt what you should appreciate is the fact that Bangladesh is in it. THIS IS HUGE. My prediction is that "international" cricket will die out soon and eventually main attractions will only be major events like world cup or ICC trophy etc. So it is better to be part of it than be left behind stranded.

I appreciate this move by ICL. And I think you should also be happy. We should not be discussing about our involvement with ICL rather our board's incompetence to handle this situation. Good management skills can make everyone happy.

I am sure all these have been talk here to death....but then again there has been similar threads as well... so :D

GO ICL

Very good point.....and I agree with it.....
We are becoming part of new era that was also important, and this blow must open the eyes of BCB and make them professional and plan accordingly - "Chahchami kore to ar sara jibon par kora jabe na."

yaseer
September 22, 2008, 12:01 AM

BANFAN, Kothin......

:up: spot on....

thebest
September 22, 2008, 10:03 AM
BCCI policy is not illegal in my eye. You can not work for two company. In Indian Supreme Court BCCI claim and Supreme Court accepted that Team India is actually a BCCI team India. So BCCI has every right not to choose players who does not play in BCCI endorsed tournament and BCCI can make rules whether any player can play in their endoresed league. ICC is an association of BCCI and their similar minded organization. So BCCI can request/ put pressure (as the largest contributer) not to foster any organization that are their competator. If ICL is so eager of international cricket why they don't create a rebel ICC. There players from all ICL affiliated league can play international match and we have two team to support. Otherwise for fans like us BCB XI is the true Bangladesh while Dhaka Shits are weak pretender and never represent Bangladesh. I would not boycot but I would check the result of Dhaka Cowards with same enthusiam as I check the result of Bangladesh Wind Surfing team.

bujhee kom
September 22, 2008, 10:18 AM
i am looking for bhalo mojar natok and cimemar disco gaan bhais! kothai pawa jaabe?

BANFAN
September 22, 2008, 10:26 AM
So BCCI has every right not to choose players who does not play in BCCI endorsed tournament and BCCI can make rules whether any player can play in their endoresed league.

You need to get your facts right.

Step1: You first ban someone from playing BCCI sponsored tournament.
Step2: Then you argue that since you are not playing BCCI sponsored tournament you shall be banned from National Team.
Step3: Then you argue that, if you aren't playing in national team, you are traitors.

Can you see, who is the criminal here? You got eye problem or mental problem. Need a doc in either case. Hurry man

:)

thebest
September 22, 2008, 10:43 AM
You need to get your facts right.

Step1: You first ban someone from playing BCCI sponsored tournament.
Step2: Then you argue that since you are not playing BCCI sponsored tournament you shall be banned from National Team.
Step3: Then you argue that, if you aren't playing in national team, you are traitors.

Can you see, who is the criminal here? You got eye problem or mental problem. Need a doc in either case. Hurry man

Did I ever say ICL players traitors? The ICL players choose their employers (i.e. ICL) and BCCI has every right to choose its employee (i.e. disqualifying players playing in ICL).
Your thinking is like MS offering top job to an employee of Google. Do you think MS would do that.
Reread my post. Learn to comprehend first than give advise:doh:. Your disgust on BCCI is blinding your judgement.

BANFAN
September 22, 2008, 10:55 AM
Learn to comprehend first than give advise:doh:. Your disgust on BCCI is blinding your judgement.

I'm truely not able to comprehend, as you can. Other that the apertheid laws & the law of my Mamu's company, which national body has the right to make such rule ? This was your 'Assumption to start with'

BCCI can make rules whether any player can play in their endoresed league

Then you followed those stpes 1 & 2 if not three. That is the only logical progression to three for those who call them a traitor.

Truely your disgust on these players are blinding your judgement.

mafizraju
September 22, 2008, 11:08 AM
Did I ever say ICL players traitors? The ICL players choose their employers (i.e. ICL) and BCCI has every right to choose its employee (i.e. disqualifying players playing in ICL).
Your thinking is like MS offering top job to an employee of Google. Do you think MS would do that.
Reread my post. Learn to comprehend first than give advise:doh:. Your disgust on BCCI is blinding your judgement.

Yes certainly Microsoft will do that. And has done that. There are people who left MS to join google and vice versa, or joined Apple and vice versa.

They certainly wont work for both companies at the same time. But will these people can get rehired. Yes certainly they can be rehired. And there are number of Example even on the top echelon of these companies.

MS certainly didnot BAN these people. See when a large corporation looses its employees, they see it as the failure of the company that the company could not keep some top brains.

But for BCB, they are seeing this whole thing from the other way around, that its the failure of the employee. Obviously for an employee to leave their current job, s/he must have some sort of discontent at least in the light of the new offering.

I dont think you have ever worked in a company.

thebest
September 22, 2008, 11:11 AM
Banfan, one more time. Please read my post that offended you. I am highlighting for you to comprehend
In Indian Supreme Court BCCI claim and Supreme Court accepted that Team India is actually a BCCI team India
So BCCI is not a national body. It is a competing body of ICL which is providing better product to consumer.
ICC is an association of BCCI and their similar minded organization.
Thus BCCI can request other board and other board legally can and ethically should keep the request. BCB, PCB, NZ board kept the request, ECB did not
If ICL is so eager of international cricket why they don't create a rebel ICC.
That means theoretically it is possible for ICL players to play international cricket
I do not endorse the view that ICL players are traitor. You are just putting word in my mouth like John McCain putting words on Obama's tax plan

thebest
September 22, 2008, 11:33 AM
Yes certainly Microsoft will do that. And has done that. There are people who left MS to join google and vice versa, or joined Apple and vice versa.

Ok I put wrong words in the post you quoted.
Did MS appoint a current employee of Google to their prize product? You are asking BCB/ BCCI to do that. there is always some people which MS would not accept again (like those who share business secret; you may say ICL players did not shared any business secret; but unlike MS/Google these players are became target of ICL because BCCI/BCB/PCB invest on these players )
And please do not indulge in personal attack (your last line). It is imperative whether I work in a company or not for this discussion. For your info, I did.
You and some ICL fans are so disgrunted with BCCI/BCB (I have my misgivings about these two ) that it is blidfolding your judgement. As a customer I would buy who is giving me better quality product. At the moment BCCI / BCB is giving me better product (Tendi, Dhoni, Tamim) than ICL (Rohan Gavasker/ Inzi/HB). That mean I would be loyal to the existing brand than the crap brand.

LateCut
September 22, 2008, 12:57 PM
Soon this will be moot. The Dhaka worrior experiment will fail and Kiron More will no longer be williing to fund a distant straggler. After this year there will be no Dhaka Warrior. The chickens will hve no other option but to come home to roost. Hoever, BCB will only keep the young ones in the coop for another day. Rest will be tarred, refeathered and let go.

bujhee kom
September 22, 2008, 01:19 PM
Soon this will be moot. The Dhaka worrior experiment will fail and Kiron More will no longer be williing to fund a distant straggler. After this year there will be no Dhaka Warrior. The chickens will hve no other option but to come home to roost. Hoever, BCB will only keep the young ones in the coop for another day. Rest will be tarred, refeathered and let go.
i think so as well, latecut bhai!

BANFAN
September 22, 2008, 01:49 PM
In Indian Supreme Court BCCI claim and Supreme Court accepted that Team India is actually a BCCI team India

There is no dispute with that. ICL is not wanting to make a team India. All they wanted is to consider their players for team India.

So BCCI is not a national body. It is a competing body of ICL which is providing better product to consumer.

That's what every one wants. Competing doesn't mean one starts banning other. That means mafiaism. They are simply taking away the consumer's right to chose. You like something that doesn't mean that every other person have to like it. Some one must have the choice of both as well. I can't drink only Coke, because you like it.

ICC is an association of BCCI and their similar minded organization.

ICC is an org of Cricket, not BCCI. It's never similar minded, it's similar activities. That's supposed to be Cricket.

Thus BCCI can request other board and other board legally can and ethically should keep the request. BCB, PCB, NZ board kept the request, ECB did not

None is bound to keep such request, unless ICL is playing unethical game. NZ also allows their ICL players to play in domestics & SL also allowed.

If ICL is so eager of international cricket why they don't create a rebel ICC.

May be they will consider your advise in future. I as a consumer will have no problem with that. It only means more cricket to me as a fan.

That means theoretically it is possible for ICL players to play international cricket I do not endorse the view that ICL players are traitor. You are just putting word in my mouth like John McCain putting words on Obama's tax plan

Nice to know that you don't consider them to be traitors, who play ICL.

I said: That is the only logical progression to three for those who call them a traitor.

That shouldn't mean that I am putting words to your mouth.
If you suck it in, how can I help you? - (Obama :) or YB whoever)

Dhakablues
September 22, 2008, 02:43 PM

As an ex-microsoftie,, I can confirm that, this does happen.. as Microsoft employees, we did get offers from Google. In fact, Google established its local WA office just to lure Microsoft Employees. And the Live Search team is always looking for ex-google big-wigs..And yes, as the managment team, it was on us to offer more benefits, stocks, money to the employees to keep them. Its not the employees fault that they found a better option elsewhere..

Eshen
September 22, 2008, 03:43 PM
Same feeling here.

I have nothing against Dhaka Warriors, it's not their fault that BCCI is making this big hoopla about ICL. But, with a captain like Bashar, I don't see this bunch making any impact in ICL. I do hope that they do better than what I expect, after all they represent Bangladesh in a foreign league.

al Furqaan
September 22, 2008, 03:45 PM
NO!

the ICL must be supported. what wrong did they do? in actuallity they did everything right.

its the BCCI who is enemy number one and we should not forget that. until they change their ICL stance AND give us a full tour (just one, mind you), i will boycott BCCI in spirit.

all BD fans should do the same. watch ICL, boycott the IPL (follow razzak's performance by don't watch the games - its garbage cricket anyways: devoid of technique, temperament, and plot).

WarWolf
September 22, 2008, 04:02 PM
Welcome back Ehsen. Been missing your presence here.

Green Tea
September 22, 2008, 04:42 PM
Say no to ICL.
:fanflag:

WarWolf
September 22, 2008, 04:46 PM
I am one of those who disliked the moves of our rebel players. Still I dislike them. Yet I admit that I will watch ICL. I think those, who says that they will boycott it. will watch it secretly.

cricman
September 22, 2008, 04:48 PM
NO!

the ICL must be supported. what wrong did they do? in actuallity they did everything right.

They Quit on their Country ... They Handed Retirement Papers Saying that they don't wanna play For Bangladesh anymore ... Ef Them ... I'll follow them I hope they do well or get Thrashed by 10 wickets depending on my mood

Green Tea
September 22, 2008, 04:58 PM
I am one of those who disliked the moves of our rebel players. Still I dislike them. Yet I admit that I will watch ICL. I think those, who says that they will boycott it. will watch it secretly.

How do you know that they will watch it secretly? Only few channels Zsports and Ten sports show ICL. It is not popular. :-/

LateCut
September 22, 2008, 05:38 PM
I was threatened with a lawsuite simply because I wanted to change my job. I was told that I could work for another companay as long as I do not provide a service on which I was "trained for and invested upon" in my original company. Fortunately, I was able to avoid the lawsuite partly because my lawyer threatened a counter lawsuite with the argument that "it will effectly bar me from earning my livelyhood". I was the lucky one and a few of my friends were not that lucky. My honest opinion is that BCCI acted like a bully when it outlawed the ICL players. But, I suppose, from a legal point of view it has the right to do so. In a perfect world, BCCI just could have offered a better product and with that ran ICL out of the market place.

cricket_king
September 22, 2008, 07:03 PM
NO!

its the BCCI who is enemy number one and we should not forget that. until they change their ICL stance AND give us a full tour (just one, mind you), i will boycott BCCI in spirit.

all BD fans should do the same. watch ICL, boycott the IPL (follow razzak's performance by don't watch the games - its garbage cricket anyways: devoid of technique, temperament, and plot).

...and the difference between this and the ICL is? :waiting:

Rubu
September 22, 2008, 08:35 PM
I think there is some validity in the thought of boycotting ICL. I'm not saying, I'm in for it, or against it, all I'm saying is both side has some valid points. A lot of people considered ICL as just another tournament, but there is a very basic difference that makes it all so separate from all other tournaments. Those players submitted their retirement out of blue right before NZ is coming, that is directly hurting the national team. When ash plays for rainhill or whatever, or Rajjak plays for IPL, they are still always ready to come back whenever national team need them. They make their other commetment around national team schedule. Since ICL makes it the players first priority, it is different from all other tournaments.

So, I think trying to protrait those players as victims are not fair.

Miraz
September 22, 2008, 11:36 PM
I think there is some validity in the thought of boycotting ICL. I'm not saying, I'm in for it, or against it, all I'm saying is both side has some valid points. A lot of people considered ICL as just another tournament, but there is a very basic difference that makes it all so separate from all other tournaments. Those players submitted their retirement out of blue right before NZ is coming, that is directly hurting the national team. When ash plays for rainhill or whatever, or Rajjak plays for IPL, they are still always ready to come back whenever national team need them. They make their other commetment around national team schedule. Since ICL makes it the players first priority, it is different from all other tournaments.

So, I think trying to protrait those players as victims are not fair.

That's not ICL's policy. They are more than willing to release players for national duty, but it's BCCI aka ICC who is not ready to allow these players to represent their country.

RazabQ
September 23, 2008, 01:19 AM
Guys, we have a bunch of fat bureaucrats pretending to be keepers of cricket. BCCI and its cronies are just alarmed that their cash-cow monopoly is being threatened and are acting in the same manner as the US carriers who tried to keep Southwest from ever taking of. We all know how the latter turned out ...

What BCCI, BCB et al are doing is borderline legal, but it is pathetic and ethically problematic. As thebest said, they should have taken the high road and just counted on their better product driving the ICLwallas out of business.

I don't begrudge the Dhaka Warriors gang for turning out for ICL. It is their right to chose their employer. I do find the manner they did it to be typically, Bangladeshi-style, underhanded. They should have been man about it and just faced the BCB brass, told them where to stuff it and why, and then fessed to the media that they wanted to make a better living. Instead they carped about selection this and net practice that.

On to the discussion at hand - I will NOT boycott ICL. But I won't watch it seriously either. I don't watch 20/20 seriously anyway - for the same reason I won't watch a hot-dog eating contest or "pro" wrestling. Having bowlers serve as canon-fodder for muscle bound batters wielding hi-tech willows in grounds which make our US tennis-ball-cricket grounds seem MCG-ian in proportion is NOT a sport to me. Cricket carpet-baggers catering to the lowest common denominator is the same whether it's IPC, ICL or Sandford 20.

I will probably check in on the DW scores and if they are promising, surf around for some high-lights.

cricket_pagol
September 23, 2008, 01:49 AM
Guys, we have a bunch of fat bureaucrats pretending to be keepers of cricket. BCCI and its cronies are just alarmed that their cash-cow monopoly is being threatened and are acting in the same manner as the US carriers who tried to keep Southwest from ever taking of. We all know how the latter turned out ...

What BCCI, BCB et al are doing is borderline legal, but it is pathetic and ethically problematic. As thebest said, they should have taken the high road and just counted on their better product driving the ICLwallas out of business.

I don't begrudge the Dhaka Warriors gang for turning out for ICL. It is their right to chose their employer. I do find the manner they did it to be typically, Bangladeshi-style, underhanded. They should have been man about it and just faced the BCB brass, told them where to stuff it and why, and then fessed to the media that they wanted to make a better living. Instead they carped about selection this and net practice that.

On to the discussion at hand - I will NOT boycott ICL. But I won't watch it seriously either. I don't watch 20/20 seriously anyway - for the same reason I won't watch a hot-dog eating contest or "pro" wrestling. Having bowlers serve as canon-fodder for muscle bound batters wielding hi-tech willows in grounds which make our US tennis-ball-cricket grounds seem MCG-ian in proportion is NOT a sport to me. Cricket carpet-baggers catering to the lowest common denominator is the same whether it's IPC, ICL or Sandford 20.

I will probably check in on the DW scores and if they are promising, surf around for some high-lights.

Razab bhai, agree with you 100%

MarufH
September 23, 2008, 02:11 AM
That's not ICL's policy. They are more than willing to release players for national duty, but it's BCCI aka ICC who is not ready to allow these players to represent their country.

Miraj bhai.. I'm sure u know more. ICL is pure business, they don't share their money with anyone. On the other hand, ICC gets a lot of it's money from BCCI! How are you suppose to support someone when it's damaging your business?

CholCholBD
September 23, 2008, 03:10 AM
I wish them SUCCESS. If they played in the IPL, you would wish them success. 100% of u would. They would also make tons of money there. 100% of u wouldnt have a problem with that either.100% of u wudnt call them gaddars if they played in the IPL...
Yet...the difference between IPL and ICL are is just a matter of 'BCCI legality'
.........so where did we leave our brain about this so called boycott?
If ICL becomes legal soon (which it will), will your patriotism follow?
It would if Tamim and Razzak join the IPL, it should follow for ICL too...

CholCholBD
September 23, 2008, 03:22 AM
Miraj bhai.. I'm sure u know more. ICL is pure business, they don't share their money with anyone. On the other hand, ICC gets a lot of it's money from BCCI! How are you suppose to support someone when it's damaging your business?

We are not supporting a monopoly here are we? At this point, due to pressure, ICC is not even willing to negotiate nor come to any terms with the ICL...profits drive capitalism and if the ICC gets their act together, they can smooch in plenty of $$$. The subcontinental market is huge..and the BCCI is trying to keep complete control of revenue. The way its set up now has little to do with "keeping their profits"...they have no incentive to share. Once they are out of the radar, they know it would be good business to share. But u have the keep the BCCI mega mom from stealing the show. ICL is legally in line with international business standards and as soon as we let capitalism instead of monopoly play the game...there will be very little to gain for anyone.

scoilaheez
September 29, 2008, 04:44 AM
I see people will check scores and stuff but if the icl is well attended then bd cricket may have problems. truth is, nobody cares about the icl outside of india and now bd. Here in Australia i ahvent heard a single thing about the icl since it started, and it is not even on cricinfo or other cricket websites. this nonsense about this team representing bd is not true because we are not playing against international teams, we are versing some local indian teams.

Mahmood
September 29, 2008, 08:41 AM
I think ICL has done us a favor, I am glad to get rid of these players, only loss was Aftab. And if BCB wanted, they could have brought him back.

I am excited to have 2 BD teams to follow, more match and excitement for us fans. I know the Warriors will suck, most of these players are rejects, but still, I get to watch all matches on Z Sports.

Fazal
September 30, 2008, 12:40 PM
Boycott is joining ICL?

Wow.!!!

But the realdouble wow news will be when his mom also goin ICL.

BANFAN
September 30, 2008, 01:02 PM
I thought he was reffering to the 'Boys Caught' by ICL as 'Boycott'