PDA

View Full Version : Share your view - Dailystar

Tehsin
September 15, 2008, 10:43 PM
They have taken fans comments from the BC forum before, maybe someone should remind them again ;). Here's what they posted:

The mass resignation of the national cricketers on Sunday created a stir in the country's sporting fraternity. We believe the readers of The Daily Star have their own way of looking into the stunning episode. We are inviting our valued readers to comment on it by emailing us at sports@thedailystar.net. Your comments will be published.

-- Sports Editor
Link - http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=55005

Nafis_BD
September 15, 2008, 10:46 PM
I am in for this. So should someone write an email to them and let them know?

Zeeshan
September 15, 2008, 10:47 PM
why not do this the other way around : tell them to come here and take a look at the fans' outburst

Nafis_BD
September 15, 2008, 11:04 PM
why not do this the other way around : tell them to come here and take a look at the fans' outburst

That's basically what Tehsin bhaiya meant. To let them know and may be they will take a look here.

Tehsin
September 15, 2008, 11:15 PM
You guys are putting words in my post. I simply wanted everyone to know that DS is eager to hear about fans reactions to the news. ;)

Actually, Nafis_BD got it right. To add, if DS mentions BC, folks will get a lot more REAL TIME response/reactions then they'd get at DS. It's great for the fans as well as BC. The question is, does DS care about either? I mean, look at our front page, we give free advertisements for DS (news links) on a regular basis, it's only natural to expect that they' do the same given that their sports reporters do get 'inspiration' from BC from time to time.

Dizzy
September 16, 2008, 06:33 AM
You guys are putting words in my post. I simply wanted everyone to know that DS is eager to hear about fans reactions to the news. ;)

Actually, Nafis_BD got it right. To add, if DS mentions BC, folks will get a lot more REAL TIME response/reactions then they'd get at DS. It's great for the fans as well as BC. The question is, does DS care about either? I mean, look at our front page, we give free advertisements for DS (news links) on a regular basis, it's only natural to expect that they' do the same given that their sports reporters do get 'inspiration' from BC from time to time.

I will look into the matter. Can't guarantee but i will see to it.

WarWolf
September 16, 2008, 06:49 AM
Hope DS along with other news papers will follow here the discussions and the polls about the matter.

cricman
September 16, 2008, 01:15 PM
I Think T_E views were published

-Mijanul Akbar
Chief Auditor, Attorney General's Office, Arkansas

I really can' t believe that we are losing players like Aftab. I really don't care about others. The way Bashar talked about Jamie Siddons, who I think is very consistent and a good coach. He knows where is our cricketers' problem. He gave enough chances to Habibul Bashar. But he can't even make 20 runs in his last 5 or 6 Tests and forget about ODIs. I think BCB should now just somehow keep Aftab cool because he is really the most important batsman.

But this One was the classic

Anik

The name of this team is Dhaka Warriors. Where is the real warrior?

I think ICL is making big mistake by not taking our real warrior Javed Omar Belim Golla.

He comes from our Old Dhaka region and he will carry our Dhaka traditions with him. Apart from his classic square cut and front-foot defense, his way of missing a ball is fantastic. Golla should be offered a place simply for his 15 yrs experience in international cricket and his ability to provide unlimited entertainment in 20-20 cricket. He's perfect for this short game.

Golla and Nafees can open and there is Habibul Bashar at no 3. It is our perfect top-order.

I am sure he would do well in ICL. He once scored 80 against England in Kenya. Why not in ICL? He is also a very good fielder and at this old age, ICL will be his auspicious ending.

akabir77
September 16, 2008, 02:20 PM
thats uncalled for Golla didn't join the ICL. so why make fun of him? just shows what class u(Anik) r from...

Tigers_eye
September 16, 2008, 02:32 PM
I Think T_E views were published
lol they did quote me, I see. but you quoted the wrong one. ;) Mine was the top one above my name.
I am ready to offer BCB a free course on Risk, Quality and Project management to minimise the fallouts.

I am very happy that players made the choice themselves. At the end of the day, they will be the sufferers and can't blame on anyone else. When kids (yes, to me these national team players are kids) get married at the tender age of 21-22, harsh reality in managing professional life and personal life comes in to play. Supporting their family becomes priority.

Aftab, Nafees, Mehrab, Rajin, Nafis Iqbal and others all made their choices. Right or wrong their future will decide. However, the extra burden of managing the dual role is hindering in their professional stage. Performance is hurting. Money becomes a huge issue.
-Mijanul Akbar
Chief Auditor, Attorney General's Office, Arkansas
http://www.thedailystar.net/story.php?nid=55159

Tigers_eye
September 16, 2008, 02:35 PM
thats uncalled for Golla didn't join the ICL. so why make fun of him? just shows what class u(Anik) r from...
Anik didn't say that. Kabir from Gulshan-2 said that. :)

Dizzy
September 16, 2008, 03:17 PM
I took those e-mails and that Golla one was hillarious if not a little distasteful. But then again, cricket draws a lot of comments.

Fazal
September 30, 2008, 09:22 PM
Anik didn't say that. Kabir from Gulshan-2 said that. :)

Amago Kabir abar Gulshan-e helo kobey?