PDA

View Full Version : BCB plz don't Forgive the Selfish player....

Nadim
September 16, 2008, 09:23 AM
would you really forgive the player who join icl for money if ur a real bd fan?

Kabir
September 16, 2008, 09:26 AM
Don't forgive me either. I settled in Canada for money... *crying*

Nadim
September 16, 2008, 09:28 AM

brother im not talking about u........im talking about bd cricketer.......who is selfish

WarWolf
September 16, 2008, 09:35 AM
First let BCB ask for forgiveness to nation.

riad
September 16, 2008, 09:37 AM
Don't worry BD did not lose anything because u settled in Cnada or wtever!!!
but BD lost way more then you when these guys left BD cricket......... so sign up for dukkhobilashi group in facebook .....:-D

Kabir
September 16, 2008, 09:45 AM
What're you talking about...with me, BD lost a GEM. The only other GEM BD lost after me was ATMR...that as well because of the BC Rebels he's forming.

akabir77
September 16, 2008, 09:50 AM
if they come back why not? what kind of mentality is this? how old r u btw?

Murad
September 16, 2008, 09:52 AM
BCB will not forgive them.

They have broken the code-of conduct of their contract with the BCB. And now they will sue the players for breaking it. And BCB will win it.

mali007
September 16, 2008, 10:04 AM
AAPOD GULO DUR HOLO ----- so I feel good !!!! Now BD will get better players. Plenty of players are in the waiting lists.

bujhee kom
September 16, 2008, 10:19 AM
we have 50-60 ten times better players in the under-19 and the academy teams than those weak-link, wissels!! they only always failed us and pulled us down!
now gone with the wind! like a forest fire! gone! history! old dust! forgotten! go and never come back!

Tigers_eye
September 16, 2008, 10:24 AM
Forgive me first, Kabir second, then the rest.

We (most expats) are the cream of the crop. Have ignored our motherland in search of riches.

The players are only 6. We are thousands if not lakhs. Which have cause more loss to the nation?

djnaved
September 16, 2008, 10:36 AM
lol, our players have the rights to play whether in ICL or County cricket.....our players have the rights to retire....we can't do anything about that.....this is not absolute monarch age....you see, all people have the freedom of choice now....so nevermind about that

WarWolf
September 16, 2008, 10:40 AM
lol, our players have the rights to play whether in ICL or County cricket.....our players have the rights to retire....we can't do anything about that.....this is not absolute monarch age....you see, all people have the freedom of choice now....so nevermind about that
I have the freedom to get angry with them....
I have the freedom to hate them....
I have the freedom to remove them from my favorite players list....

...Provided that I don't do disturb them directly or don't attack them physically.

Pundit
September 16, 2008, 10:40 AM

But had you worked in BD prior to starting work in Canada?

And how much did you earn in BD - in the lakhs ?

If you answer no to both, then your situation is not analogous.

tonoy
September 16, 2008, 10:43 AM
Remember, there are 5 stages to grieving. It seems all of BC are still at stage 2.

rainmaniac
September 16, 2008, 10:43 AM
never ever ever ever........NEVER forgive them

RezOne
September 16, 2008, 10:44 AM
As is the case in most situations people will go to one side or another instead of finding a middle ground. The fault lies both with BCB and the players.

dash
September 16, 2008, 11:14 AM
Take a chill pill-
look at the politicians- there r all chors and dakaits
yet we forgive them and wht not,
nd we want to try the cricketers for criminal offence,
they got themselves a different job, although i hate it

Mridul
September 16, 2008, 11:44 AM

We (most expats) are the cream of the crop. Have ignored our motherland in search of riches.

The players are only 6. We are thousands if not lakhs. Which have cause more loss to the nation?

I thought these thousands left the country to make dhaka city less crowded

BANFAN
September 16, 2008, 12:01 PM

All the people who are over reacting with the issue, need to think of his own position in light of above, if he is also a traitor by his own definition?

Is it only the cricketers who were born to serve the nation, free of cost? By projecting the earnings of a few top cricketers, if you are blaming all the others, you are making a mistake.

akabir77
September 16, 2008, 12:10 PM
Again coming to work/study in a foreign country is not the same as representing the country as a policeman, army, navy, politicians, athletes, sportsmen.

If you don't know the difference then I can't help you.

All those who r saying this is the same tell me do you say ok good for him when a athlete flees from the Olympic camp in a foreign country?

riad
September 16, 2008, 12:11 PM
There is difference between general population like us and National players.
If you think National players falling for money against countrys future then I guess we only have to live with Ha du du players as no one would get them for money ....

All the people who are over reacting with the issue, need to think of his own position in light of above, if he is also a traitor by his own definition?

Is it only the cricketers who were born to serve the nation, free of cost? By projecting the earnings of a few top cricketers, if you are blaming all the others, you are making a mistake.

Baundule
September 16, 2008, 12:13 PM
There is no question about forgiving, because they did not commit anything wrong in the first place.

BANFAN
September 16, 2008, 12:22 PM
There is difference between general population like us and National players.
If you think National players falling for money against countrys future then I guess we only have to live with Ha du du players as no one would get them for money ....

That's your partial thought to support your action. If you are an educated person you are an equal asset for the nation. He did not run away illegally from the national team. he has resigned & chosen his job freely. Just like a general public as you say or exercized his professional rights. A national team player is not a slave.

If he has served the nation by playing cricket for a few years of his life, how many years of our life we have dedicated for the nation?

BANFAN
September 16, 2008, 12:32 PM
tell me do you say ok good for him when a athlete flees from the Olympic camp in a foreign country?

You are citing wrong example in different threads. This issue is not comparable to your example. Don't the people have right to leave their jobs from Army, Navy, National team in honourable way? Don't they have the right to chose what they want in life? Are they slave by born, because they have given a few years for national service does it mean that they have sold themselves for ever? Don't the academic professionals have any responsibility of national service?

I salute all the people who once volunteered for national service, be it for a day of their life.

samjad
September 16, 2008, 12:32 PM

May be BD did not have good enough infrastructure and salary for you guys. And also you might not be able to use your potential fully if you were in BD.

That's not the case for Cricketers though. For that much money I will be a sweeper for BCB

BANFAN
September 16, 2008, 12:36 PM
May be BD did not have good enough infrastructure and salary for you guys. And also you might not be able to use your potential fully if you were in BD.

That's exactly same for the cricketers.

That's not the case for Cricketers though. For that much money I will be a sweeper for BCB

For your info, the sweeper doesn't earn that in BCB . :)

samjad
September 16, 2008, 12:38 PM

That's your partial thought to support your action. If you are an educated person you are an equal asset for the nation. He did not run away illegally from the national team. he has resigned & chosen his job freely. Just like a general public as you say or exercized his professional rights. A national team player is not a slave.

If he has served the nation by playing cricket for a few years of his life, how many years of our life we have dedicated for the nation?

Do you really believe you can getway from your employer without giving any notice ?
Do you really think they way they left was professional? I agree they have got the rights to choose their employer, but if the employer happend to be your nation who brought you up and spent millions to taka how can you ditch her with two line letter?

samjad
September 16, 2008, 12:43 PM
That's exactly same for the cricketers.

For your info, the sweeper doesn't earn that in BCB . :)

BANFAN.. that's not exactly same for cricketers. People like us working abroad because we dont have the opportunity in Bangladesh. Cricketers do!! They are the highest earner in the country, they have if not the best but good enough infrastructure for their profession. Only reason they have left was greed,not need.

Yea... the sweeper thing was just kothar kotha, I know that you know what I mean

riad
September 16, 2008, 12:48 PM
That's your partial thought to support your action.

If you are an educated person you are an equal asset for the nation.

He did not run away illegally from the national team. he has resigned & chosen his job freely. Just like a general public as you say or exercized his professional rights. A national team player is not a slave.

I hope you are laughing when you were writing this.
In anycase if you did not understand the point I made earlier there is no way in the hell you would agree with anyone in BC.....except Haba or SN ....:hairpull:
lets kick out all the Natinal crickers and lets goback and play some cricket in BD ....:)

BANFAN
September 16, 2008, 12:52 PM
Do you really believe you can getway from your employer without giving any notice ?
Do you really think they way they left was professional? I agree they have got the rights to choose their employer, but if the employer happend to be your nation who brought you up and spent millions to taka how can you ditch her with two line letter?

They have given the notice, isn't it? I'm sure they have acted legal.
Would you accept a government job under a ministry in your professional field? The top government officials also earn a lot.

mafizraju
September 16, 2008, 12:56 PM

YES. I can get away with giving notice to my employer. Although a two weeks notice is preferrable, but I can stop working whenever I want.

Yes, I think that was professional, apart from some Public Relation Disaster. But then again BCB is no guru in Public relation. So I didnot except more from the cricketers who was trained by BCB.

Their amployer was BCB. BCB was a flagship career for cricket. Just like Bangladesh Biman. So if any body has right ot ditch Bangladesh Biman by saying that they are not getting what they want, you cant blame them can you?

I dont like the ultra nationalism that plagues some of our mind. There aint much difference among Ultra Nationalism, Rascim or Fascism.

Now this is upon BCB to follow whomever they like. They can Follow ECB and not take this resignation letter and say that the players must play for the national team or at least in domestic circuit for the duration of ICL contract.

Or BCB can suck up to BCCI and axe their own foot and cause more trouble. I follow the dictator, you will end up being a dictator.

Its the free will of BCB which will determine the outcome....... I hope they chose the path of ECB.

And CWAB not supporting the cricketer is sad. After all CWAB is a sold out to BCB official and their own interest. It is sad that CWAB could not rise above their own selfish agenda, but then didnot have any short of words criticising the players.
Durjoy as a national selector has no right to be the president of CWAB.

Bengaliprince176
September 16, 2008, 01:02 PM
What're you talking about...with me, BD lost a GEM. The only other GEM BD lost after me was ATMR...that as well because of the BC Rebels he's forming.

Imran Dada's points are completely valid. WHen i first heard this, i automatically thought, why would they? But hey going abroad to seek riches.....thats what my parents did.....and as a 4 month old baby, i tagged along. It's true, they left without a real will to fight for their places some of them, but if i was in the same boat as them....i'd have prolly done exactly the same.

Rabz
September 16, 2008, 01:09 PM
Are they asking for forgiveness?

How can you forgive someone who is not asking for it?

nasim5
September 16, 2008, 01:18 PM
We should forgive them for joinig ICl but we can not forgive them for jeopordizing the series in Australia. I think some of the players, mind was not in the game at that time. They should be brought under legal action. Atleast BCB should take action against them, otherwise we might loose more players in future. Anyway they will bring some foreign currency for the country, that is good part. One suggestion, they should be penalized for not doing good in Australia series.

nasim5
September 16, 2008, 01:21 PM
would you really forgive the player who join icl for money if ur a real bd fan?
We should forgive them for joinig ICl but we can not forgive them for jeopordizing the series in Australia. I think some of the players, mind was not in the game at that time. They should be brought under legal action. Atleast BCB should take action against them, otherwise we might loose more players in future. Anyway they will bring some foreign currency for the country, that is good part. One suggestion, they should be penalized for not doing good in Australia series.

samjad
September 16, 2008, 01:43 PM
They have given the notice, isn't it? I'm sure they have acted legal.
Would you accept a government job under a ministry in your professional field? The top government officials also earn a lot.

Hell yea!! who wouldn't?

BANFAN
September 16, 2008, 01:48 PM
Hell yea!! who wouldn't?

Appear BCS. best wishes.

"Amader deshe hobe shei chele kobe, Kothaye na boro hoye kaje boro hobe"

:)

samjad
September 16, 2008, 01:57 PM
YES. I can get away with giving notice to my employer. Although a two weeks notice is preferrable, but I can stop working whenever I want..

Agreed

Yes, I think that was professional, apart from some Public Relation Disaster. But then again BCB is no guru in Public relation. So I didnot except more from the cricketers who was trained by BCB..

Agreed

Their amployer was BCB. BCB was a flagship career for cricket. Just like Bangladesh Biman. So if any body has right ot ditch Bangladesh Biman by saying that they are not getting what they want, you cant blame them can you?.

No Bangladesh Biman isn't like BCB. We do not spend nights and days watching Bangladesh Biman flying around. Sports is a different profession than any other. If you ask me to explain why , I admit I can't. But one thing I know I don't love Biman Balas as much as I love our cricketers.

I dont like the ultra nationalism that plagues some of our mind. There aint much difference among Ultra Nationalism, Rascim or Fascism.
Well if you refering to my previous comments on this then I would say I wasn't trying to show ultra nationalism there. I was saying what I felt about this situation. It seems pretty normal to me, might be Ultra nationalism to you.

samjad
September 16, 2008, 02:12 PM
Appear BCS. best wishes.

"Amader deshe hobe shei chele kobe, Kothaye na boro hoye kaje boro hobe"

:)

BCS ! firstly do you think by doing BCS a scientist can choose to be a scientist? I thout they becomes bourocrats.
Secondly, I don't have qualification to appear in BCS according to bd govt need!!
So Unfortunately I am stuck here.

However it wasn't the case for the cricketers

niroshu
September 16, 2008, 02:37 PM
amar prio kheloyar guli icl ei geloooooooooooo
sob guli k ami satai korlammmmmmmm
habibul asholei ekta HABA
ei selfish der kono din o khoma korbo naaaaaaaaa
BCB ei jeno na koreeeeeeeeeeeee
even ami RAFIQ keo khoma korbo naaa
ICL mane desh theke dure chole jaoyaaaaaa
tarmane RAFIQ ki r kisui korte chai ei bd ir jonnnnnno
lojjjjjja lagteseeeeee amader ei selfish marka khaloyar gulir jonnnnnno
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

Fazal
September 30, 2008, 09:29 PM
BCB executives comes and go like Jowar Bhata...

good and bad, the players stays and out last those executives.

Today's selfish will become tomorrow's shell fish
and today's heros will be come tomorrow's zeros.

Thats the reality of today's sports and Nimo like memory span of sports fans.

thebest
October 4, 2008, 09:52 AM
" I have done enough for the Country" - Dhiman to the Journalist before flying to India (Channel One).
And still these loudmouths want us to support them and they claim BCB is victimizing them to please BCCI.
I tried to be as objective as possible for this set of players ( I never call them traitor). But this kind of comment just snap my patience. They should not be banned but stripped of their nationality.

BANFAN
October 5, 2008, 09:44 AM
Extremism / Ugrobadi isn't good for anything, be it sports or religion. ordho shikhkhito ba olpo shikhito lokra ebhabe e bole, Bhai onek korchi, it means a range of things in Bangla. It at times is an statement of frustration without any literary meaning. But in english it makes a different meaning. Lets not make him what media did with Ahmedinajad's wiping out statement. Taking it out of context.

If Diman has meant what the statement says, It's not nice to hear, but exploiting it too much isn't rational either. Specially, when it has come through print media. Not a direct statement in camera. Has it been shown in any channel?

thebest
October 5, 2008, 10:51 AM
Dear Banfan, media did not quote him. He was speaking to the the media ; media in true media way transmit it . There was no way it was "Lost in Translation"

sbsash
October 5, 2008, 12:55 PM
I would ban everyone for life except Nazimuddin,Aftab and Farhad.

sbsash
October 5, 2008, 12:56 PM
I would never forgive Dhiman he's a traitor.

Fazal
October 5, 2008, 08:38 PM
I would ban everyone for life except Nazimuddin,Aftab and Farhad.

When you you start "pick and choose" and start 'except' clause, pretty much at that point you lose your point in my mind.

Fazal
October 5, 2008, 08:40 PM
I would never forgive Dhiman he's a traitor.

... as if Dhiman cares whether you you forgive and forget....or tag him a traitor.... and thankfully nor do many of us.

Fazal
October 5, 2008, 08:42 PM
BCB plz don't Forgive the Selfish player....

Ha ha... and you will forgive BCB's misdeeds?

yaseer
October 6, 2008, 02:00 AM
BANFAN.. that's not exactly same for cricketers. People like us working abroad because we dont have the opportunity in Bangladesh. Cricketers do!! They are the highest earner in the country, they have if not the best but good enough infrastructure for their profession. Only reason they have left was greed,not need.

Yea... the sweeper thing was just kothar kotha, I know that you know what I mean

I think you don't have enough idea about present salary structure of corporate officials in Bangladesh.

In respect to the position that a national/1st class cricketer holds and the yearly earning by BCB, cricketers are paid much much less then what they should be paid. If you are senior in national team and play constantly for 3 years then u can earn 1 crore, by seeing only this figure don't forget the other 100+ 1st class cricketers that plays in NCL. Do anyone have idea abt their earnings and future? what infrastructure they are getting?? what respect/position these 1st class cricketers are getting in society? I know some of them and i have seen their frustration, when out of national team, BCB just forget these players and throw them.