PDA

View Full Version : A potential solution?

Bengaliprince176
September 16, 2008, 01:20 PM
What do you guys think of this as a solution? I was discussing this a long time ago during the IPL with a friend.

Could the BCB ask the BCCI to simply take over the ICL, and incorporate it into the IPL?

Perhaps make the ICL a 2nd division of the IPL, much like the football sysytem in UK.

This could help BCB deal with this exodus issue, as the players are part of an official league.
The cricket will be more competetive with a relagation and promotion system.
Numerous talent wont be wasted on the unofficial ICL, both the Dhaka Warrior players and the young Indian talent who ive seen been lured much the same as the BD players (ask Bengal and Hyderabad State teams)
BCCI can make extra cash off ICL sponsers, a SMALL incentive lol, to take them over.

it slightly goes off the issue of the actual players, but if the BCB put this idea forward to BCCI, it may save BCB from this current issue from escalating.

What are your thoughts?

Ajfar
September 16, 2008, 03:03 PM
well come bak bro..long time no see...

i just read in one of the thread that BCCI said this matter doesn't concern them..so i guess watever BCB has to say...goes right out the window...

Tehsin
September 16, 2008, 03:40 PM
i thought about it too. It comes down to money for ICL and pride for BCCI. If ICL is not making money, they will fold. If BCCI can put a lid on their pride and just let ICL be a non sanctioned (NOT A REBEL mind you) league, everyone is going to be happy. Going back to money, if BCCi thinks it will be financially viable to have a second division 20/20 league, they could make an offer. However, I have a feeling that they would rather have their own second division league then having to do anything with ICL.

Tigers_eye
September 16, 2008, 04:31 PM
No one wants to play second fiddle. Especially when the idea generated from ICL. There is no solution to this. We have to weather the storm and see how ICL ends up in three years.

If BCCI engulfs ICL who is to say a billioniare wouldn't start a new Indian National League (INL) to tap in the monopoly? Time will only tell. At this point there is no other solution.

To stop the exodus in every team (other than India), may be more callups from Pakistan, Bangladesh, SL can help the other boards. In that case instead of 4 foreign players they can increase the number to 5 or 6. This is stop gap method but well worth trying. Again BCCI has to do this in their IPL.

djnaved
September 16, 2008, 04:41 PM
boss, i beleive that in 4 or 5 years, there will be no ICL or IPL.......England cricket board is gonna start the EPL soon, England will spend more money on that.......

WarWolf
September 16, 2008, 04:52 PM
boss, i beleive that in 4 or 5 years, there will be no ICL or IPL.......England cricket board is gonna start the EPL soon, England will spend more money on that.......
Impossible. Indian market is biggest in the cricketing countries. This is the reason India is imposing whatever they wish.

Umar
September 16, 2008, 05:28 PM
Our Cricketer's wives should know a secret about their husbands!!
Laiesd your hubbies are going to fall in love with bollywood actresses (there are real ones too)..
So better stop them before you lose your men falling for the fake actresses!! DONT LET THEM GO INDIA!!:eek:

uss01
September 16, 2008, 08:45 PM
They will probably merge in the future. It's inevatable. But it can only happen if say a few of the bigger names in international cricket start going to ICL like Ricky Pointing, or Rahul Dravid.
That's what happened to Wrestling few years back. TNT started recruiting the superstar WWF wrestlers, then after a few years WWF bought / merged with TNT wrestling.

scoilaheez
September 20, 2008, 03:41 AM
How about the people of Bangladesh support their national team and stop a stupid dhaka warriors team from being successful and so the ICL fails.

bangla-red
September 20, 2008, 08:50 AM
Just make the ICL stop! Our cricketers can still play for their country until they've played their first game for the Dhaka F******.

Fazal
September 30, 2008, 09:55 PM
No... NEVER..... please NO.

ICL should never sell their soul to BCCI like BCB.

I like those rule breakers....those spoilers.... go ICL... Go alone !!!!

BANFAN
October 1, 2008, 11:20 PM
They will probably merge in the future. It's inevatable. But it can only happen if say a few of the bigger names in international cricket start going to ICL like Ricky Pointing, or Rahul Dravid.
That's what happened to Wrestling few years back. TNT started recruiting the superstar WWF wrestlers, then after a few years WWF bought / merged with TNT wrestling.

Wait for a couple of years more, many names will come. IPL isn't enough to accomodate all the frontline players of all the countries.