PDA

View Full Version : India offers 'active' support to Bangladesh

MohammedC
September 18, 2008, 09:16 AM
One Team from Bangladesh may play in 2010 champions league Twenty20

The BCCI says it will play an "active role" in helping Bangladesh cricket recover from the exodus of 13 top players who signed up for the unauthorised ICL.
Lalit Modi, BCCI vice-president, told Cricinfo the Indian board will include more Bangladesh players in the lucrative IPL next year, and include a team in the Champions Twenty20 League from 2010. Modi is the chairman of both these tournaments, which are backed by the BCCI.
Ahmed Sajjadul Alam, an executive member of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), had told Cricinfo on Wednesday that the board hoped the BCCI would help revive the game by inviting more players (http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/370016.html) for these cash-rich tournaments. Alam was speaking after an emergency meeting of the BCB, which decided to ban the 13 'rebel' players from all forms of official cricket for 10 years.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/india/content/current/story/370205.html

Here comes BCCI

samjad
September 18, 2008, 09:26 AM
Please Unbann ICL

AsifTheManRahman
September 18, 2008, 09:32 AM
Let me be the first one to say, "Told you so". The rebels shouldn't have retired and the BCB shouldn't have banned them. Our test status is safe, thanks to the spineless organization that runs the game.

Anyways, we are already reaping the benefits of the exodus. Polapain eibar khushi?

MohammedC
September 18, 2008, 09:35 AM
Why is BCCI all of a sudden wants Bangladesh Team in IPL/Champions league?
Answer: Media attention means money. And the amount of interest this ICL saga has stirred is bigger than upcoming Ind-Aus series.

Lalit Modi is a good businessmen, A person who knows how to make money from sponsorship right in cricket. He and BCCI will not let ICL take all the advertising revenue. BCCI wants their share and they will make sure its a big one.

Spitfire_x86
September 18, 2008, 09:35 AM
This ICL thing has become a win-win situation for us. Now it seems we'll get some foreign currency from both ICL and IPL

zainab
September 18, 2008, 09:41 AM
Only talk at the moment. They should invite Tamim, Mash and Ash for the IPL.

Also, they should try to work hand in hand with the ICL. All they are thinking about is money, money.

thebest
September 18, 2008, 09:45 AM
This ICL thing has become a win-win situation for us. Now it seems we'll get some foreign currency from both ICL and IPL
That is what I was shouting from the very beginning. If HB and co fail (which they would ) we lose nothing as none of them is our core player; if they prosper there would be more demand of the real deals i.e. Tamim, Mash, Sakib

al Furqaan
September 18, 2008, 09:45 AM
i'll bet indian fans will be bridling with this IPL news.

but the truth is, if 13 of our crap players are good enough for ICL, our top 3-4 should be good enough for IPL.

i think tamim, razzak, rasel, and sakib should be in the IPL.

Rabz
September 18, 2008, 09:51 AM
Nothing surprising.
India dont want to lose their precious vote.

Yes, this might end up a win-win situation for us.
Those who were not fully committed to play for national team, opted out.
Those who decided to stay, would bargain for a pay rise.
BCB needed to wake up from their slumber, they got a tingling.
The players should be fired up to put on a good show.
Guys like Tamim Ash Mash Rajib could get in the IPL, deservingly.
We could have our own team in T20 Champions League.

Not bad, not bad.

In order to show thier 'active" support, i think the time is right for india to invite us for a full series.

Never underestimate the sizeable Bangladesh cricket market.

MohammedC
September 18, 2008, 09:55 AM
Nothing surprising.
India dont want to lose their precious vote.

In order to show thier 'active" support, i think the time is right for india to invite us for a full series.

And there could not have been any better time than now.

Kabir
September 18, 2008, 10:06 AM
Let me be the first one to say, "Told you so".

You beat me to it...

Murad
September 18, 2008, 10:09 AM
Why is BCCI all of a sudden wants Bangladesh Team in IPL/Champions league?
Answer: Media attention means money. And the amount of interest this ICL saga has stirred is bigger than upcoming Ind-Aus series.

Lalit Modi is a good businessmen, A person who knows how to make money from sponsorship right in cricket. He and BCCI will not let ICL take all the advertising revenue. BCCI wants their share and they will make sure its a big one.

Its not all in a sudden, Mo bhai.

Havent you read the comments Lipu made right after the players retired?? He said he talked with Modi in Dubai and he promised Lipu that they will invite atleat 3 players for next IPL season(2009) and then in 2010 there will a Bangladesh team in the champions league.

BUt in the mean time,, these REBELS made the job much easier for BCB.

Kabir
September 18, 2008, 10:10 AM
Well if they invite some players to IPL this season, guess what guys...it's just the beginning.

I've been screaming my lungs out for the past few days that this is going to be a blessing in disguise. I told you guys so. And this is what you see in a few days. I had originally envisioned that more guys will get such exposure in the Indian leagues...meaning more foreign currency, and our cricket being lifted above a certain level.

Guess what...our domestic structure doesn't look all that bad now. Now we got our big brother letting us play dood bhaat...hey, I'll take that any day over sending one/two guys to Australia and England.

Kabir
September 18, 2008, 10:13 AM
BUt in the mean time,, these REBELS made the job much easier for THE FANS.

Corrected.

BCB has been drunk as hell for the longest time in cricket history. And the 13 players leaving was more like a telapoka inside their jungia when they were deep asleep. This was the PERFECT way to wake them up.

Murad
September 18, 2008, 10:14 AM
Corrected.

BCB has been drunk as hell for the longest time in cricket history. And the 13 players leaving was more like a telapoka inside their jungia when they were deep asleep. This was the PERFECT way to wake them up.

Lolz..

Okay make it both the Fans and BCB. :-D

MohammedC
September 18, 2008, 10:15 AM
Its not all in a sudden, Mo bhai.

Havent you read the comments Lipu made right after the players retired?? He said he talked with Modi in Dubai and he promised Lipu that they will invite atleat 3 players for next IPL season(2009) and then in 2010 there will a Bangladesh team in the champions league.

BUt in the mean time,, these REBELS made the job much easier for BCB.

Yes I read about it. But did not believe it as it was Lipu's word against rest of the world. Now that I read BCCI's part I believe it.

BANFAN
September 18, 2008, 10:23 AM
I will credit the 13 ICL guys for their boldness. May be they had to sacrifice their career, that's what change makers do. It is because of their courage BCCI offers us this opportunity in IPL & Champions league.

They aren't less than fredom Fighters for the freedom of BD Cricket.

Salutt Guys, You may be crap as players but you had the guts to trigger this change.

Kabir
September 18, 2008, 10:24 AM
Salutt Guys, You may be crap as players but you had the guts to trigger this change.

Lol...it's like thappor maira paach anguler daag boshailen gaale. Tarpor oi anguler daager upor ador koira shantona ditesen ;)

Tigers_eye
September 18, 2008, 10:36 AM
chi ching!!! $$$$ Any percentage BCB will get from the loot?

bujhee kom
September 18, 2008, 10:40 AM
Alhamdulillah!
khela jome utheche!
BC-er mookhe hashi feere esheche!
jaak baba, bacha gese, eto gula mrittu shongbad shunar pore ekta bhalo bia-shadir moto khushir khobor paowa gese!:big_hug::-D

Razi
September 18, 2008, 11:07 AM
Thanks to the IPL guys, you were also not helping us in any way, and now as you guys left us it came as a blessing in disguise. Its a win-win situation for BD Cricket only. I would say light at the end of the tunnel.

MarufH
September 18, 2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah.. now we are all happy... but we never think at what cost??? can we find a proper replacement for Aftab, Reza and Ghosh???

Beamer
September 18, 2008, 11:21 AM
Not until the players sign between the dotted lines nothing is assured. This is BCCI we are talking about. Getting a few players in the IPL will be a huge thing, not only for the players involved monetarily, but also for IPL, considering the huge base of cricket fans next door. However, the idea of a team from BD participating in the Champions League intrigues me. A Dhaka based franchise for IPL is not too far away either.

And yes indeed, when are we going to tour India for that series Modi?

yaseer
September 18, 2008, 11:23 AM

If BCCI recognizes this line and thinks that Bangladesh cricket market has lots of money to offer, then the ICC can never dare to even think about our test status.

Ya, agree that if handled with maturity by BCB, the whole saga can lead us to a win-win situation.

BANFAN
September 18, 2008, 11:30 AM
Not until the players sign between the dotted lines nothing is assured.

:up:

Specially the Champions League. They might come up with a lots of reason to suspend/delay it, specially on quality ground. That's a long term commitment.

Rabz
September 18, 2008, 11:35 AM
They aren't less than fredom Fighters for the freedom of BD Cricket.

Emotional us at our best.
One day we call them razakar, traitor, next day Freedom Fighter.

BANFAN
September 18, 2008, 11:39 AM
Emotional us at our best.
One day we call them razakar, traitor, next day Freedom Fighter.

True.

Not for me though, It always looked to me as a new window of opportunity for BD cricket. Set to watch their matches in ICL, however crap they play. Subscribing Zee Sports. :)

AsifTheManRahman
September 18, 2008, 11:39 AM
You beat me to it...The revolution has begun.

Ajfar
September 18, 2008, 11:42 AM
a gud news after a while...thing starting to luk alot better now...dhaka warrior = dhaka winners now

Tigers_eye
September 18, 2008, 12:08 PM
Who shall lead? Fazal or me? What do you say mates? Time to kickout the last non-performer out of the team. No backlash of joining ICL since IPL and Champions League is knocking at the door. He really needs to sit out a series or two. Play the domestic circuit and then come back strong. I hate to see him at #3 and starting the collapse every innings. No free ride. I said before when HB was the captain. I say it again. STOP THE FREE RIDES.

BANFAN
September 18, 2008, 12:18 PM
He really needs to sit out a series or two. Play the domestic circuit and then come back strong. I hate to see him at #3 and starting the collapse every innings. No free ride. I said before when HB was the captain. I say it again. STOP THE FREE RIDES.

Are you talking about Ash?

or Drop HB from ICL team captaincy? He won't mind 200k $ sitting in the bench and reading 'Shirshendu' :)

Green Tea
September 18, 2008, 12:18 PM
Alright. which Bangladeshi players are likely to join IPL next year?
Mohammad Ashraful, Tamim Iqbal, saqibul Hasan.

Tigers_eye
September 18, 2008, 12:22 PM
Are you talking about Ash?
...:)
Is there any doubt? HB is not in the national team and serving a ten year ban.

thebest
September 18, 2008, 12:45 PM
Is Ash only free rider remain in the ODI team? I don't think so. There is much beloved Big Z, Rajib also. I do understand. They have potential. But should we give them the chance to sort out in international match? The sensible thing is to force them to sort them in domestic match. But the way ICL is lurking they may switch to ICL. I do not think we would be worse off if Ash go but our long term future would be jeoerdise if Big Z and Rajib go. BCB has to run on a fine thread now. The first step may be firing the current management. I blame whole ICL fiasco on BCB - the learn it from Ash, did nothing; the manager in Aus knew, he did not inform; instead went to leave. BCCI help or not, it is BCB's responsibilty to sort out the mess they created

Zeeshan
September 18, 2008, 12:51 PM
One Team from Bangladesh may play in 2010 champions league Twenty20

Ahmed Sajjadul Alam, an executive member of the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB), had told Cricinfo

wow....crapinfo is becoming popular day by day...they are becoming like the new mafia

bharat
September 18, 2008, 02:35 PM
You beat me to it...

I though the 'I told you so' honor was mine !!! You guys are claiming my glory !!

Anyway let me do it again only in blod this time ..'I told you so ' :smug:

I would like BCB to show a big heart (and being smart) by inviting the deserters back into its fold.Would love to see Dhiman, Aftab, SN, and Alok (in that order) back in the team.

I know you guys are all pissed off with them ..but remember guys these guys are less than 25 years old !!!

bangla-red
September 18, 2008, 02:40 PM
Go India!:-D:-D:smug::smug::floor::floor::big_hug::big_hug::clap ::clap::up::up::applause::applause::fanflag::fanfl ag::bravo::bravo::joy::joy::great::great:!
The ICC areL-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)L-)

Fazal
September 18, 2008, 03:56 PM
BCCI is Bhua... they steal ideas from ICL.
First ICL had the idea about 20-20 league... BCCI stole. Then ICL is planning expanding to Other countries... now BCCI is trying to steel their either also.
ICL is the innovator and BCCI is the tui nombori acts like a parar mastan (thug) who rips benefit of other people's hard work by using intimation and mustle power.

I told you guys.... these rebels who are rediculed by the public and termed as 'coward', useless, and unpatriotic will eventually turn out by the 'brave', innovative, 'rule-breaker', and heroes in the history book the future, when people will realize how it opened the door for BD cricket by taking individual career risk.
And other thing. In history book these Heros i.e. the BCB will be treated nuch harshly in the history book for two reason: a)Inability to assess the situation and act properly, b) By acting like a back bone less - BCCI-er Chamcha - foirget that they are there to protect BD and their player's interest not BCCI's interest.

And tha last thing, Ash will be considered a person with chicken heart, he had the opportunbity to leead the rebel groups, but due to his lack of leadership, brave-heart, and trust-worthyness ( with with fellow players) he quited at the last moment... a missed opportunity.....from now on he will not be trusted by his close friends anymore and his intentions will be always questioned.

Nafi
September 18, 2008, 05:49 PM
And tha last thing, Ash will be considered a person with chicken heart, he had the opportunbity to leead the rebel groups, but due to his lack of leadership, brave-heart, and trust-worthyness ( with with fellow players) he quited at the last moment... a missed opportunity.....from now on he will not be trusted by his close friends anymore and his intentions will be always questioned.

You gotta be kidding

fais
September 18, 2008, 06:04 PM
BCCI is Bhua... they steal ideas from ICL.
First ICL had the idea about 20-20 league... BCCI stole. Then ICL is planning expanding to Other countries... now BCCI is trying to steel their either also.
ICL is the innovator and BCCI is the tui nombori acts like a parar mastan (thug) who rips benefit of other people's hard work by using intimation and mustle power.

I told you guys.... these rebels who are rediculed by the public and termed as 'coward', useless, and unpatriotic will eventually turn out by the 'brave', innovative, 'rule-breaker', and heroes in the history book the future, when people will realize how it opened the door for BD cricket by taking individual career risk.
And other thing. In history book these Heros i.e. the BCB will be treated nuch harshly in the history book for two reason: a)Inability to assess the situation and act properly, b) By acting like a back bone less - BCCI-er Chamcha - foirget that they are there to protect BD and their player's interest not BCCI's interest.

bulls**t. these guys didn't take a risk to save BD cricket. it was all for their own selfish reasons. it is lucky that this has helped us gain some benefit but when they left they clearly knew the effect they were going to create and the potential problems for BD cricket.
in either case i do not think i want to see any of these players back. none of them have any extraordinary to offer.
Ash showed much courage and patriotism. to rethink your position and realise that what you are about to do may be a mistake takes a strong person. and most of all he showed that money is not the soul driving factor behind his heart. the 6 traitors did not show anything of that sort, they ran when they realised that the going was to be tough instead of saying that they would work hard and try to improve themselves. I am glad we are rid of those cockroaches and will be able to give opportunities to newer, hopefully, more talented players.
As people in BD like to say "everything happens for the best"

fais
September 18, 2008, 06:27 PM
[quote=Fazal;736357]BCCI is Bhua... they steal ideas from ICL.

quote]

this is the nature of business and you can't get angry or blame BCCI for doing it.
but BCCI should be clever.

SOLUTION TO EVERYONE's PROBLEMS
the ICL has come up with a great idea and BCCI could update the idea to cash in on even more money. What I suggest (I hope all you IPL organisers are listening):

- Create a Bangladesh team...Bangladeshi Black Knights (OK may be not this name but whatever)
- The team should consist of 6 BD players and 6 foreign players
- The team should be sold to the highest bidder who will then bid for the BD players on offer and foreign players
- This way we will avoid the inevitable disastrous defeats (that the Dhaka Warriors will provide us with soon) and give our BD players some proper training with strong international players.

- So IPL how about it? There is lots of money to be made (the whole of BD will follow this team like crazy), BD cricketers will be happy, and BCB support in the ICC will be in the bag
:-D

scoilaheez
September 18, 2008, 10:23 PM
lalit modi is a knob, but BD needs a team in the IPL in order to prevent our whole national team being destroyed

Trigger_Tiger
September 19, 2008, 12:42 AM
We will see in time exactly how many of our players they really take. Anything less than 5 or 6 would be to me the same as not much difference than now.

For the moment, it seems to me like the BCCI is tightening its collar around BCB's neck.

What a shame this situation of "what if" and "maybe" is!

BANFAN
September 19, 2008, 05:43 AM
SOLUTION TO EVERYONE's PROBLEMS
the ICL has come up with a great idea and BCCI could update the idea to cash in on even more money. What I suggest (I hope all you IPL organisers are listening):

- Create a Bangladesh team...Bangladeshi Black Knights (OK may be not this name but whatever)
- The team should consist of 6 BD players and 6 foreign players
- The team should be sold to the highest bidder who will then bid for the BD players on offer and foreign players
- This way we will avoid the inevitable disastrous defeats (that the Dhaka Warriors will provide us with soon) and give our BD players some proper training with strong international players.

- So IPL how about it? There is lots of money to be made (the whole of BD will follow this team like crazy), BD cricketers will be happy, and BCB support in the ICC will be in the bag
:-D

Why should indians Invest to save BD cricket ?
Isn't saving the test status enough to gurantee the vote ?

zainab
September 19, 2008, 06:23 AM
I guarantee you that Lalit Moody has no interest in Bangladeshi players, he is an egotistical bully who seems to rule the BCCI who in turn rules the ICC, it is all money that talks here. Lalit Moody is a multi, multi millionare and want to make more millions. They are the ones who copycat the ICL.
Why would he waste his time with thee players. The BCB is spineless and afraid of Mody and the BCCI.

samjad
September 19, 2008, 07:39 AM
IT's actually a WIN WIN WIN situation now! :)

thasan
September 19, 2008, 07:41 AM
I guarantee you that Lalit Moody has no interest in Bangladeshi players, he is an egotistical bully who seems to rule the BCCI who in turn rules the ICC, it is all money that talks here. Lalit Moody is a multi, multi millionare and want to make more millions. They are the ones who copycat the ICL.
Why would he waste his time with thee players. The BCB is spineless and afraid of Mody and the BCCI.

u r ryt. LM is getting pissed off by srilankas decision... yahooooO!!!!!

PoorFan
September 19, 2008, 07:41 AM
I call Ash a 'Fool' and his mates as 'Loser' but above analysis on 'Ash move' was a real 'Shock' [to me]. I thought, initially Ash move was 'Not knowing the depth' but later 're-tracked' realizing responsibility and position [captaincy] in the team, which was a brave & right choice for BD cricket and fans. Further split in a fragile national team is a immediate threat to our test status, and the 'Fool' surprisingly decided not to put his name in front in 'that history'. Definitely it takes lot more than a 'chicken heart' I guess, let alone the 'money' talk.

PoorFan
September 19, 2008, 08:01 AM
Not until the players sign between the dotted lines nothing is assured. This is BCCI we are talking about. Getting a few players in the IPL will be a huge thing, not only for the players involved monetarily, but also for IPL, considering the huge base of cricket fans next door. However, the idea of a team from BD participating in the Champions League intrigues me. A Dhaka based franchise for IPL is not too far away either.

Rightly said, but few players from BD like Tamim, Mash, Razzak are always seemed possible name in IPL list. And our last Twenty/20 championship performance suggest a competitive team from BD also. So this time the possibility BD players and team in IPL seems more realistic.

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 09:38 AM
I have to warn people that you haven't seen the end of it yet... today's heros ill be zeros and Zeros will be worshiped as Heros....
As Yogi Berra said "It ain't over till it's over".

Zeeshan
September 19, 2008, 09:41 AM
wats up wit you and yogi berra quotes today, did you just memorize them all or what?

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 09:49 AM
wats up wit you and yogi berra quotes today, did you just memorize them all or what?

Who me? When I used his quote?.

As Yogi Berra said, "I never said most of the things I said. "

MohammedC
September 19, 2008, 01:29 PM
David Leggat(Some fat bloke): The big money beckons for more Black Caps

First, the Indian board has said it will take "an active role" in making sure Bangladesh will have more than the present one contracted player lining up when the next IPL auction takes place, likely to be January 29.
This is a sweetener after 13 Bangladeshi players copped 10-year bans from their own board for signing for the "wrong" Indian Twenty20 mob, the privately run Indian Cricket League, which is viewed by the IPL as something to be scraped off the bottom of a shoe. With all due respect, New Zealand have significantly better players than their Bangladesh counterparts.

Jealous is the word.

Read full from NZ Herald (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/cricket/news/article.cfm?c_id=29&objectid=10533217)

AsifTheManRahman
September 19, 2008, 01:42 PM
The New Zealand players need to go play in the ICL.

bujhee kom
September 19, 2008, 01:44 PM
David Leggat(Some fat bloke): The big money beckons for more Black Caps
Jealous is the word.
Read full from NZ Herald (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/cricket/news/article.cfm?c_id=29&objectid=10533217)
right on mohammed bhai! with all the respect for nzfan, i must say that if the indian board does keep their word and help bd cricketers get into IPL, even 50% of what they promised, the rest of the world will be and act JEALOUS toward BD and bd cricketers!;):D:-p:flag:

uss01
September 19, 2008, 03:18 PM
This is silly. Our players don't need offers from IPL to not go to ICL. They make decent money in local leagues (playing for Abahani, Mohammeddan, etc). We dont' need BCCI's help. But we could use help from Bangladesh's private sector to set up a similar competitive 20-20 league of our own (i.e. more money for nice facilities and pitches and even more player's salaries).

BANFAN
September 19, 2008, 03:34 PM
This is silly. Our players don't need offers from IPL to not go to ICL. They make decent money in local leagues (playing for Abahani, Mohammeddan, etc). We dont' need BCCI's help. But we could use help from Bangladesh's private sector to set up a similar competitive 20-20 league of our own (i.e. more money for nice facilities and pitches and even more player's salaries).

That's peanuts what they earn, incomparison to IPL/ICL

Why can't even Aus/NZ/SA copy IPL if that was so easy to mobilize such money. You might need a recalculation of the financial magnitudes of IPL/ICL

uss01
September 19, 2008, 04:24 PM
yeah but it's not essential for BD players to play in IPL. Throwing money at the players won't solve the problem.

That's peanuts what they earn, incomparison to IPL/ICL

Why can't even Aus/NZ/SA copy IPL if that was so easy to mobilize such money. You might need a recalculation of the financial magnitudes of IPL/ICL

djnaved
September 19, 2008, 05:14 PM
khajnar theke bajna beshi

agea BCCi khajnar theke bajna beshi bajaito...akhon ulta bcci shobaire khajna dei............

uss01
September 19, 2008, 08:41 PM
yup we don't need to rely on BCCI to improve our cricket. All we need is a self belief and the stupid batsmen to stop playing rash shots at the wrong time in the innings.

khajnar theke bajna beshi

agea BCCi khajnar theke bajna beshi bajaito...akhon ulta bcci shobaire khajna dei............

BANFAN
September 20, 2008, 12:03 PM
yeah but it's not essential for BD players to play in IPL. Throwing money at the players won't solve the problem.

Money definitely is an incentive for the professionals. Money makes people work harder than normal.

Would you do voluntary job in BD after your education? I guess you are not yet a professional.