PDA

View Full Version : Aftab was duped

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2008, 09:01 AM
From Daily Ittefaq:
http://www.ittefaq.com/content/2008/09/19/news0175.htm
Article Summary: Aftab was told (before signing) that BCB would never accept their ICL contracts. At most 6 months ban would be handed. Then he could join back to the national team. Mean time by playing ICL earning a huge amount what's so wrong about it? The ICL players wasn't given enough time to think. They had to sign the contract real fast. Didn't have time to think what could be the consequences.

He didn't say the reporters who gave him the above idea atmost of 6 months ban. Aftab requested BCB to rethink the harsh ban.

The issue Aftab has against the board was he wanted to go to Australia to treat his injured arm/wrist. But BCB didn't heed to that suggestion. Now one month injury he had to prolong for 4 months.

He also claims that he didn't know the distance between ICL and ICC. (lol, this comment equals at the same level of 5 tries scoring 57 and saying I played good on placid wickets in Pakistan - no love loss for me.) He didn't have much time to make a decision.

He doesn't want to join the National team now (WHAT???). Once the ICL contract is over he wants to come back to the National Team.

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2008, 09:07 AM
This is sarc post. Take caution while reading: You may skip the post all together.

fastabol: Apney ekta "Gadha".
sekendofal: Apney ekta ram "Gadha".
tenthofal: Apney ekta moha "bolod". (unnoti hoisay)

No you weren't duped. You brought this on yourself.

Ajfar
September 19, 2008, 09:13 AM
he didn't knw the difference between ICL and ICC??...oo ki matir niche thake naki???

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2008, 09:15 AM
he didn't knw the difference between ICL and ICC??...oo ki matir niche thake naki???
Difference janey, just that how big the gap was between the two organization he didn't know. ;)

Zeeshan
September 19, 2008, 09:16 AM
He is flirting with us.

First of all, even after knowing that you will get banned you wanna sign the deal and expect us to take you back? Puhleez.

Secondly, you can't both have and eat your chocbar. You think this is all fun and games, albeit it is, but you know what I mean...so you are gonna leave the National Team, join a rebel group, earn some big bundle on the way and want hero's welcome back to the National Team. Puhleez.

And lastly, what the hell you don't know how ICL differs from ICC?? You are a cricketer for God's sakes! Use Berlitz language learning course if you need help in translation but please dont feed us that poppycock. Puhleez.

AsifTheManRahman
September 19, 2008, 09:20 AM
When he signed the ICL contract, my respect for him was restored by a tiny bit, as he would be partaking in a revolution to change the game of cricket (albeit unintentionally); but he had to open his mouth and remind us what an idiot he is.

PoorFan
September 19, 2008, 09:23 AM
As from some Chatgaiya, Aftab eats too much 'goru', that must be the reason of his 'bolodness'. What bothered me most is ... he admitted in PrthomAlo (http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTE4NzYw&mid=OA==) that he is borned lazy! A comment from one of top sportsman from BD.

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2008, 09:25 AM
.... What bothered me most is ... he admitted in PrthomAlo (http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTE4NzYw&mid=OA==) that he is borned lazy! A comment from one of top sportsman from BD.
So the quick money was too enticing, I guess!!

mahbubH
September 19, 2008, 09:29 AM
bolod number one

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 09:35 AM
I think the only solution to this mess is Aftab need to say in public what Yogi Berra once said "I made a wrong mistake."

Kabir
September 19, 2008, 09:40 AM
As from some Chatgaiya, Aftab eats too much 'goru', that must be the reason of his 'bolodness'.

Well...that's just a hypothesis. ATMR being a Chatgaiya and having too much mejbani is still a chagol. And me, I'm a ramchagol. How could Aftab turn into a a BOLOD?

I don't get it.

BANFAN
September 19, 2008, 09:42 AM
He also claims that he didn't know the distance between ICL and ICC.

Kochi khukee :)

He crossed the heights of innocence, he thought "F@@king is a city beside Peking" !!

As stupid as he always was.

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 09:45 AM
Wel I'm a ramchagol.
I don't get it.

How come you are still a Ram Chagol. I thought you had your Musolmani.

AsifTheManRahman
September 19, 2008, 09:45 AM
Well...that's just a hypothesis. ATMR being a Chatgaiya and having too much mejbani is still a chagol. And me, I'm a ramchagol. How could Aftab turn into a a BOLOD?

I don't get it.Ramchagol -> Bolod. Maybe he's just Kabir 2.0?

akabir77
September 19, 2008, 09:59 AM
another link (http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTE4NzYw&mid=OA==) on the same issue from prothom-alo.

I wish BCB would get him back... I think this BCB doesn't have enough ghilu to do so... waiting for the change.

PoorFan
September 19, 2008, 10:04 AM

I don't get it.
You are insulting BC in a way! Calling "Ten Grand + Moderator" of Banlgacricket a Chagol? kono rokom dor vhoy nai naki?

Kabir
September 19, 2008, 10:09 AM
Ramchagol -> Bolod. Maybe he's just Kabir 2.0?

Well, why not this?

ATMR --> Kabir --> Aftab
=
Chagol --> Ramchagol --> Bolod

Meaning:
ATMR = Chagol beta
Kabir = ATMR 2.0
Aftab = Kabir 2.0

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2008, 10:10 AM
another link (http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTE4NzYw&mid=OA==) on the same issue from prothom-alo.

I wish BCB would get him back... .
How can you want someone back when he don't want to play for the National team?

He said, "amar iccha'o nai shujog'o nai".

Those who prefer easy way out (not working hard) can't fulfill their potential. Aftab fits the bill perfectly. His judgment reflects his character.

I do not want these type of players representing our Nation.

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 10:14 AM
why players need to work hard?

As Yogi Berra once said, "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."

Cricket is very similar to Baseball.

Plus ""You can observe a lot just by watching." (quote: YB)

akabir77
September 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
How can you want someone back when he don't want to play for the National team?

He said, "amar iccha'o nai shujog'o nai".

Those who prefer easy way out (not working hard) can't fulfill their potential. Aftab fits the bill perfectly. His judgment reflects his character.

I do not want these type of players representing our Nation.

Rey polapain manush ektu lobh korsey... apney boro bhai. roja ramjaner diney ektu doya ban hon.

I think BCB should reduce the ban to three years and let them play the local games. cause then these players will bring more experience with them from ICL to domestic games. and if some of them can score some runs in ICL they will also pull more fans in domestic. This is a WIN WIN thing for BCB. but putting 10 year BAN to make BCCI happy was a bit too much

MohammedC
September 19, 2008, 10:16 AM
Aftab was not duped its Fazal bhai. Some one mixed Yogi Bherra in his drinks.

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 10:20 AM
Aftab was not duped its Fazal bhai. Some one mixed Yogi Bherra in his drinks.

I have just one thing to say, as YB said, "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true."

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2008, 10:21 AM
Rey polapain manush ektu lobh korsey... apney boro bhai. roja ramjaner diney ektu doya ban hon.

I think BCB should reduce the ban to three years and let them play the local games. cause then these players will bring more experience with them from ICL to domestic games. and if some of them can score some runs in ICL they will also pull more fans in domestic. This is a WIN WIN thing for BCB. but putting 10 year BAN to make BCCI happy was a bit too much
And risk Nayeem, Kayes, sadat, robin, rubel (slinger) join the ICL? What other way to stop the exodus? Individual players or Bangladesh Cricket?

I don't have to forgive him cause he hasn't done any harm to me as of yet. I wish him all the best. However, he did do harm to BCB. All the investment even with the medical treatments he seems to be ungrateful. Just because of few cash money. He was insecure of his position. Again early marriage will change a person's priority.

Zeeshan
September 19, 2008, 10:21 AM
Fazal bhai is on killing spree today. Nice.

MohammedC
September 19, 2008, 10:22 AM
Some one please kill this Yogi Berra.

AsifTheManRahman
September 19, 2008, 10:22 AM
why players need to work hard?

As Yogi Berra once said, "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."

Cricket is very similar to Baseball.

Plus ""You can observe a lot just by watching." (quote: YB)

Besides, "I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

MohammedC
September 19, 2008, 10:24 AM
Besides, "I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

Dont tell me, Yogi Berra said that right.:hairpull:

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 10:26 AM
You guys expect Aftab to act and behave like a perfect resonable guy... but have you ever thought nothing is perfect in this world.

As YB said, "If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be."

AsifTheManRahman
September 19, 2008, 10:29 AM
Dont tell me, Yogi Berra said that right.:hairpull:"If you ask me anything I don't know, I'm not going to answer."

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 10:31 AM

Are you sure its YB's quote, not our own legend Ashraful's quote?

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2008, 10:34 AM
Some one please kill this Yogi Berra.
he is 83 years of age now. Unless he has Joe Pa geans, I think he will soon see the other life. No need to take his life forcefully. Although, "It ain't over till it's over" - YB.

BANFAN
September 19, 2008, 10:35 AM
Why does YB talk so much ?
:)

MohammedC
September 19, 2008, 10:37 AM
Why does YB talk so much ?

:)

Because YB er buth fazal bhai re asor korse. Please call a mullah

Mahmood
September 19, 2008, 11:10 AM
How is this any different than when Yusuf said he did not know he cant play for the national team if he signed for ICL!!!

If he really said this, then there is hope, BCB should have a talk with him and bring him back, at any cost.

Beamer
September 19, 2008, 11:14 AM
When I saw the title' Aftab duped' - my immediate reaction was which Molom party did it this time? chokhe moricher goora diya jinish hataya nilo kina bhabtesilam.

AsifTheManRahman
September 19, 2008, 11:37 AM
You are insulting BC in a way! Calling "Ten Grand + Moderator" of Banlgacricket a Chagol? kono rokom dor vhoy nai naki?As Yogi Berra would say, "Half the lies they tell about me aren't true. "

Rabz
September 19, 2008, 12:02 PM
Aftab re next korbanir eid-e hut e uthano uchit.
chagoler tin number bachcha.

Looks like he wanted to have it both ways. take some days off national team, earn some quick bucks and then back in natioanl team.

After all, he knows he is Aftab Ahammak.
His place in the team is always there for him.

Sleezy ICL guys and their agents.
Dumpwits our players.

Tigers_eye
September 19, 2008, 03:53 PM
....Dumpwits our players.
Jantam desh'er shobai khub chalak chotur chelay. How come all the gobets come to play cricket?

WarWolf
September 19, 2008, 03:58 PM
Aftab also Told to Prothom-Alo that he doesn't like to work hard. He wants to give more time to his son these days. This is another reason behind his going to ICL.

This boy is finished. What an idiot!!!! He wants to income money without working hard.

Fazal
September 19, 2008, 04:09 PM
Aftab also Told to Prothom-Alo that he doesn't like to work hard. He wants to give more time to his son these days. This is another reason behind his going to ICL.

This boy is finished. What an idiot!!!! He wants to income money without working hard.

What's wrong with that?
There is no corelation between 'working hard' and being smart. Actually Boka ra Jiboney Beshi Khatey... Chalak ra always find a way to meximize their effort.
YB used to Say, "Work smarter not harder"

Thukku, its not YB, its somebody else who said that.

I think Afatb is getting smarter now a days, instead of mortgaging careerand his time under Siddon and BCB's mercy, now he is doing something concrete so that it will brinng him instant money and notoriety which equates more potential money in minumum effort.

Tehsin
September 19, 2008, 07:01 PM
Wonder if I can dupe both Aftab and ICL. Take his spot and the $ for the ICL league. Chokh bondho kore bat chalabo - folks won't know the difference) - jodi laigga jai. And, shobar pran priyo Aftab can play for BD again.

Zeeshan
September 19, 2008, 07:23 PM
Wonder if I can dupe both Aftab and ICL. Take his spot and the $ for the ICL league. Chokh bondho kore bat chalabo - folks won't know the difference) - jodi laigga jai. And, shobar pran priyo Aftab can play for BD again.

bandana pore deksen miley kina?

scoilaheez
September 20, 2008, 03:36 AM
Poor Aftab, this makes me hate the ICL even more

nmhimal
September 20, 2008, 04:55 AM
Poor Aftab, this makes me hate the ICL even more

don't called him poor, last three years he has earned arround 10.5 million taka.

fwullah
September 20, 2008, 05:07 AM
Just goes to show how ignorant our national team players usually are - and how 'knowledge-able'.

He is flirting with us.

First of all, even after knowing that you will get banned you wanna sign the deal and expect us to take you back? Puhleez.

Secondly, you can't both have and eat your chocbar. You think this is all fun and games, albeit it is, but you know what I mean...so you are gonna leave the National Team, join a rebel group, earn some big bundle on the way and want hero's welcome back to the National Team. Puhleez.

And lastly, what the hell you don't know how ICL differs from ICC?? You are a cricketer for God's sakes! Use Berlitz language learning course if you need help in translation but please dont feed us that poppycock. Puhleez.

zainab
September 20, 2008, 04:16 PM
I read in the New Age sports that Aftab and Nizammuddin are relenting about their decision to join the ICL, and plans to sit down with BCB.

I feel that BCB should at least give them a hearing. Maybe Aftab will back down if BCB accept him with open arms.

Antora
September 21, 2008, 12:05 AM
I'm just a little confused. Who is Yogi Berra? Anyone wanna explain..........

WarWolf
September 21, 2008, 08:01 PM
I'm just a little confused. Who is Yogi Berra? Anyone wanna explain..........
Ask Fazal Mamu. He has an explanation for you.

BANFAN
September 23, 2008, 12:13 PM
I read in the New Age sports that Aftab and Nizammuddin are relenting about their decision to join the ICL, and plans to sit down with BCB.

I feel that BCB should at least give them a hearing. Maybe Aftab will back down if BCB accept him with open arms.

They will lose both side now, if they back out from ICL.
BCB will surely take revenge and they aren't MoYo

LateCut
September 23, 2008, 12:41 PM
How could Aftab turn into a BOLOD?

My question also! Bolods have one very prominet organ. If he had that he would have said "I took this decision for reasons of my own and I am prepared to live with its consequence". Instead he is giving the excuses that he was somehow led to believe that everything will be honky-dory after the conclusion of the league. It is shame that this comes from a chap who dispatched Gillipsie's best to the stands like it was one lobbed by four year old!

arafath79
September 23, 2008, 01:38 PM
I really feel sorry for the genuine hard hitter batsman but dumb and lazy Aftab Ahmed. :(

Fazal
September 23, 2008, 04:25 PM
Don't feel sorry for Aftab. He will be well compensated for playing a game called cricket.

Instead feel sorry for the fans for their never ending miseries ... as they are stucked with a lossing team for ever .... thinking cricket is everything in their life... and not realizing after all its just a game, win or loose its not end of the world... not for them as well as not for the players.

abu2abu
September 23, 2008, 04:48 PM
You guys expect Aftab to act and behave like a perfect resonable guy... but have you ever thought nothing is perfect in this world.

As YB said, "If the world was perfect, it wouldn't be."

Fazal bhai, there's a difference between being reasonable/perfect and being an idiot. Aftab is not an intelligent cricketer (much like Mohammed Yusuf).

I don;t think the BCB will be in any rush to pay out Aftab's ICL contract to have him back in the national fold. Yusuf was the loeading run scorer in tests the year he signed for the ICL. Aftab is not even our best batsman! He's no Yusuf...

Fazal
September 30, 2008, 09:47 PM
Afatb will hit six 6s in one over in this tournament.

BANFAN
October 1, 2008, 11:51 PM
Don't feel sorry for Aftab. He will be well compensated for playing a game called cricket.

Well Said