PDA

View Full Version : Islamabad bombing left concerns gloomy

kalson
September 21, 2008, 07:05 AM
Seems like four out of eight Test cricketing nation's decision to boycott the Champions Trophy appears to have been vindicated. As expected Australia first one to react over the recent fatal bombing in Islamabad – capital of Pakistan, in which 250 were injured and killed over 50. Cricket Australia (CA) expressed its sadness today following a deadly bomb attack.

“Our reaction is that it's terribly sad and tragic news,” CA public affairs manager Peter Young told AAP. “Australian cricket has got a lot of friends in Pakistan and I think everyone at the national level is really sorry to hear this sort of continuing news coming out of the place. We enjoy playing against them and we have tours coming up there next year of course. Everyone is praying quite fervently that the domestic situation there settles down so people can live their life in peace and hopefully we can start playing cricket there again.”

CA had been criticised consistently by Pakistan for scraping out their tour from past ten years for concerning safety and security and recently four out of eight Test playing nation stood against in touring Pakistan for ICC’s Champions Trophy which was later forced to be postponed until next year and leaving ICC in a mess to reschedule it.

However, Australia scheduled to play its most of the matches in Karachi which is atleast 710 miles away from Islamabad and the other venue Lahore which is minimum 162 miles far from Islamabad, but still it’s a point of concern.

Though Aussies could tour Pakistan twice next year but Young says precautions will be taken. “We do have cricket scheduled in Pakistan in 2009 and as always we'll do a pre-tour assessment before we travel there,” he said. “The ICC is trying to come up with dates and venues for that[Champions Trophy].

“Depending on what the ICC decides with the Champions Trophy (Australia will tour Pakistan twice next year). And of course we were due to be there today. We would have been in Pakistan had the originally scheduled dates gone ahead.”

On September 14, series of bomb attack in the Indian capital, New Delhi, killed at least 20 people and wounded 100 plus, only 10 days before Australia are scheduled to land in India for four-Test tour. Apparently, Australia does adopt more safety precaution compared to any other team, but Australia on the very next day of the incident cleared to play in India as CA spokesman Peter Young said the travel advice for India and Pakistan remains very different despite multiple bombings in Jaipur, Bangalore, Ahmedabad and now New Delhi which have killed more than 150 people in total. It's very simple. You go to the experts and if they say don't go, you don't go. If they say go, you go," Young said on September 16.

Paul Marsh, the chief executive, Australian Cricketers' Association had expressed following the criticizing by PCB for adopting ‘double standard’ over the security, "We go to extreme lengths to obtain the best advice on the situation of each country we visit. In Pakistan's case this year, people we rely on told us not to tour. If they say not to tour again, we'll listen. Bombs going off anywhere are a concern."

For the time being, taking Islamabad bombing into consideration, even cricket fans, cricket boards, stakeholders or any concerns those are directly or indirectly concerns with the ICC Champions Trophy which was suppose to be run between 12 – 29 September in Pakistan, perhaps are very much satisfied with the postponement of the campaign.

According to the local news, suicide bomber detonated a truck packed with a ton of explosives, with an apparent car bomb exploded outside the front yard of the five-star hotel.

http://www.cricdb.com/archive/international/news/detail.php?nid=965

One World
September 21, 2008, 11:20 AM
Senior players of WI team refused to visit now.

bangla-red
September 21, 2008, 12:24 PM
Why are we, India and Sri Lanka willing to visit Pakistan, but not the non-Asian countries? Reinstate Bangladesh in the Champions Trophy!

kalson
September 21, 2008, 01:12 PM
^^
believe me i really wished.

zainab
September 21, 2008, 03:25 PM
I feel sorry for cricket in pakistan now. Teams will not want to visit. ICC should arrange tours now where pakistan is visiting more countries, or they can pick a neutral venue like Sharjah, it will be fun watching cricket at Sharjah.

Surfer
September 21, 2008, 11:31 PM
I feel sorry for cricket in pakistan now. Teams will not want to visit. ICC should arrange tours now where pakistan is visiting more countries, or they can pick a neutral venue like Sharjah, it will be fun watching cricket at Sharjah.

Well, I feel sorry for everything in Pakistan right now. Cricket is very small compared to other concerns. The common man there is living in danger every single moment. The rest of the world is not at all impressed with Pakistan right now and watching with suspicious eyes. Their politics is in ruins, the new government is spineless and the extremists look more in control. Very worrying indeed.

kalson
September 22, 2008, 12:07 AM
Basically, Pakistan is suffering for taking care of US's war on terror, and letting US to kill innocent people in Pakistan by trespassing its border, and thats the reaction we are facing in our country.

Spitfire_x86
September 22, 2008, 11:11 AM
This bombing means no international cricket in Pakistan for a long time. After this blast, even India/Srilanka may not visit Pakistan in near future. Afterall, where do international cricketers stay when they play in Pakistan? In hotels like Marriott.

Tigers_eye
September 22, 2008, 11:19 AM
My condolences!!

"We belong to you and we will return to you."

BANFAN
September 22, 2008, 12:45 PM
Not going for champions trophy - justified !!

All home series involving Aus/NZ/SA/ENG in near future, will remain to be a pak dream.

kalson
September 23, 2008, 03:04 AM
This bombing means no international cricket in Pakistan for a long time. After this blast, even India/Srilanka may not visit Pakistan in near future. Afterall, where do international cricketers stay when they play in Pakistan? In hotels like Marriott.

Actually Rawalpindi is far away from the main venues (Lahore, Karachi)and in Islamabad and Rawalpindi no international cricket being played..

However, Australia scheduled to play its most of the matches in Karachi which is atleast 710 miles away from Islamabad and the other venue Lahore which is minimum 162 miles far from Islamabad, but still it’s a point of concern.

CholCholBD
September 23, 2008, 03:48 AM
I cant believe the thing on most of ur minds is: "oo i wonder how this will effect pakistan cricket"

.....unbelievable. just unbelievable.

kalson
September 23, 2008, 04:05 AM
I cant believe the thing on most of ur minds is: "oo i wonder how this will effect pakistan cricket"

.....unbelievable. just unbelievable.

don't worry, its like a propaganda, people are making

India will tour Pakistan as planned
http://www.cricdb.com/archive/international/news/detail.php?nid=973

Ishtylish cricketer
September 23, 2008, 06:55 AM
Seems like India is determined to be the lone visitor flag bearer of cricket in Pakistan. On the surface it looks like a good will move but in reality this too is money driven. A few more blasts could persuade BCCI to alter their plans. I just hope things get better in Pakistan. Once things return to normalcy, tours will go on as planned.

kalson
September 23, 2008, 12:11 PM
Seems like India is determined to be the lone visitor flag bearer of cricket in Pakistan. On the surface it looks like a good will move but in reality this too is money driven. A few more blasts could persuade BCCI to alter their plans. I just hope things get better in Pakistan. Once things return to normalcy, tours will go on as planned.

actually, India has nothing to do with war on terror, as Australian having a enough percentage in NATO forces which is drilling Pakistan border and killing innocent people for nothing by trespassing the border..that the reaction such team could face... thats why Australia, England are more hesitant.

and remaining South Africa and West Indies are not a big deal, i bet if AUstralia and England comes they surely will be coming

Tigers_eye
September 23, 2008, 12:48 PM
actually, India has nothing to do with war on terror, as Australian having a enough percentage in NATO forces which is drilling Pakistan border and killing innocent people for nothing by trespassing the border..that the reaction such team could face... thats why Australia, England are more hesitant.

and remaining South Africa and West Indies are not a big deal, i bet if AUstralia and England comes they surely will be coming
"War on terror" has nothing to do to determine who can be a target there. Certainly you do not know the bitter relationship between India and Pakistan. If there is any nation who faces the highest danger in the soil of Pakistan then it must be Indians. Pakistan Govt can sleep with US for the next 100 years but never will shake hands with Indian Govt. That is a fact.

The threat to Indians are far far more superior than the Australians, SAans even US. After India, English should feel the most insecured there. 200 years of colonism has its deep roots. So if the Indians can tour then no nation should have any porblem touring Pakistan for a full series.

Although I don't think any of that will happen in near future.

bharat
September 23, 2008, 01:43 PM

Man !! anything India does to 'help out' either Pak or BD is seen as being motivated by money .Evreyone has their own motive but people should not cherry pick the motives.The end result matters !!! When was the last time Pak (or BD) 'helped' India without any motive.

Coming to the blasts, I am concerned about the 2011 WC.If Pak remains this unstable we (all) might loose the ticket to the WC.Also, I miss Pak's Test cricket cant belive they dint play a single Test this year.And as Tigers_eye mentioned if India can tour Pak , anyone can !!

kalson
September 23, 2008, 02:24 PM
"War on terror" has nothing to do to determine who can be a target there. Certainly you do not know the bitter relationship between India and Pakistan. If there is any nation who faces the highest danger in the soil of Pakistan then it must be Indians. Pakistan Govt can sleep with US for the next 100 years but never will shake hands with Indian Govt. That is a fact.

The threat to Indians are far far more superior than the Australians, SAans even US. After India, English should feel the most insecured there. 200 years of colonism has its deep roots. So if the Indians can tour then no nation should have any porblem touring Pakistan for a full series.

Although I don't think any of that will happen in near future.

strange said.

Pakistan is suffering just because of "War on Terror", i was expecting each one who is in International cricket zone, must be fully awared about the international affairs too.
But No Problem, let me explain you

"War on terror" has nothing to do to determine who can be a target there.
War on Terror is not child play, basically with its initiative terrorist came into being. Pakistan who is the most suffering country, because US believes terrorist are from Pakistan and equally neglecting that with there bombing through Pak border which is killing many innocent and then what happen reaction facing Pakistan and making more terrorist in Bush's perception.

a person who lost his family in unfair bombing, left nothing behind - psychologically he/she is dead and want to hit those prospective which are behind in killing his family.[revenge]

Certainly you do not know the bitter relationship between India and Pakistan.
i agree it does, but this is not like a street system, this is international relation on which countries exits...
this is the matter of two countries and you never think even dream to express bitterness against any country like in a street people do have with their neighbors or at local level.

my dear, reconsider your thoughts and think bit more bigger and come with some maturely argument..

kalson
September 23, 2008, 02:28 PM
Man !! anything India does to 'help out' either Pak or BD is seen as being motivated by money .Evreyone has their own motive but people should not cherry pick the motives.The end result matters !!! When was the last time Pak (or BD) 'helped' India without any motive.

Coming to the blasts, I am concerned about the 2011 WC.If Pak remains this unstable we (all) might loose the ticket to the WC.Also, I miss Pak's Test cricket cant belive they dint play a single Test this year.And as Tigers_eye mentioned if India can tour Pak , anyone can !!

Pakistan Cricket Board banned its 15 major players for joining ICL and Bangladesh banned 13 players for whom? its BCCI for whom Pakistan and Bangladesh[brave board-i salute them] barred their players for playing for their countries.

its just a financial spat with BCCI+IPL and ICL, and many board are suffering.

Tigers_eye
September 23, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hello Kalson,
I am not a Pakistani nor I am in Pakistan, so surely things may be a little different than what I may presume. But know this, in general, Pakistanis have no issue with Australians. Even if they helped NATO troops. Even if they helped US troops in Afganistan. Even if (god forbid) Australian air planes bomb in parts of Pakistan, still her citizen are safer than the Indians. If you don't believe me ask any Indians. Better yet, visit Pakistani websites, forums and see what I am talking about.

Most probably the group who claimed to do this henious crime would be linked to a millitant group which would end up with Al Qaida. How so can you explain many Pakistanis, their media linking India to that with conspiricy theory?

I am not arguing with you. I am just stating the facts. I understand your concern about the "street people" vs "state relations". However, a portion of these "street people" are being brain washed and recruited. They are the one who are terrorising the foreigners. So if the street people can allow India to play cricket match in Pakistan then they certainly will allow Australia cricket team to play few matches.

cricman
September 23, 2008, 04:40 PM
India will play a Test in Islamabad in January

bharat
September 23, 2008, 06:33 PM
Pakistan Cricket Board banned its 15 major players for joining ICL and Bangladesh banned 13 players for whom? its BCCI for whom Pakistan and Bangladesh[brave board-i salute them] barred their players for playing for their countries.

its just a financial spat with BCCI+IPL and ICL, and many board are suffering.

No ..no Kalson ..you got it all wrong !! If BCCI looses money the ICC looses money which in turn means PCB and BD looses money !! Dont think that the BCB and PCB are doing this to please the BCCI, infact they are doing it to save their financial sate too !! If ICL is a hit, it will eat into the coffers of the ICC , the only people to benifit would be the ICL (private party) and ofcourse the players.It will do nothing for Cricket and its development.Dont for a minute think that the PCB is doing a favour here.They well know that if BCCI sinks, ICC sinks and so does the rest.So there is your 'ulterior motive' !!!

kalson
September 24, 2008, 12:44 AM
Hello Kalson,
I am not a Pakistani nor I am in Pakistan, so surely things may be a little different than what I may presume. But know this, in general, Pakistanis have no issue with Australians. Even if they helped NATO troops. Even if they helped US troops in Afganistan. Even if (god forbid) Australian air planes bomb in parts of Pakistan, still her citizen are safer than the Indians. If you don't believe me ask any Indians. Better yet, visit Pakistani websites, forums and see what I am talking about.

Most probably the group who claimed to do this henious crime would be linked to a millitant group which would end up with Al Qaida. How so can you explain many Pakistanis, their media linking India to that with conspiricy theory?

I am not arguing with you. I am just stating the facts. I understand your concern about the "street people" vs "state relations". However, a portion of these "street people" are being brain washed and recruited. They are the one who are terrorising the foreigners. So if the street people can allow India to play cricket match in Pakistan then they certainly will allow Australia cricket team to play few matches.

Thank you for bringing my attention to some issue, but i tried to think from other angle too, dear, history is saying sports activities in Pakistan never being targeted...

If FIA building in lahore targeted because there is a special US cell in it.
If Marriott Hotel targeted because its an American belongi
If Model Town blast in Lahore because that place also belong to US.
and soo on.

Recently India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, UAE visited Pakistan for Asia Cup..and believe me no problem at all. i followed them from Karachi to Lahore, and Lahore to Karachi visited every event of Asia Cricket Council...and never ever felt unsafe for a single minute.

basically our mass media is some how biased in express news and views, which is curving mind and nobody ever ask why such incident happen..

If you have a short circuit at your home, if you are a sensible person you will catch the root cause rather than checking each switch..so you check the main circuit and bla bla bla....

so conclusion is we must read through the root cause..and i am sorry to say no body even US is doing that...yesterday Bush in his speech said Syria and Iran is helping terrorist to spread...

no body ask him, Sir, they way you are dealing with he world is the basic cause of increasing Terrorist why before 9/11 Pakistan was so safe and so that other world.

anyways nice talk to you Tiger_eye

kalson
September 24, 2008, 01:00 AM
No ..no Kalson ..you got it all wrong !! If BCCI looses money the ICC looses money which in turn means PCB and BD looses money !! Dont think that the BCB and PCB are doing this to please the BCCI, infact they are doing it to save their financial sate too !! If ICL is a hit, it will eat into the coffers of the ICC , the only people to benifit would be the ICL (private party) and ofcourse the players.It will do nothing for Cricket and its development.Dont for a minute think that the PCB is doing a favour here.They well know that if BCCI sinks, ICC sinks and so does the rest.So there is your 'ulterior motive' !!!

what about ICC who is settling ICL in coming weeks, perhaps what you know is right but many people apart from your part of world believe some other way.
ICL is a private league, they are not suppose to run because it a direct compatriot to IPL, ICL is rebel because Kapil and company rebel out of BCCI circle and very important ICL is not sharing money with BCCI, and if they are then that not enough of BCCI.

though my most of the writer at Cricdb are against ICL, but some time when we talked about facts then there is no argument left in any's favor.

Initially, many board banned their players because on this statement that ICL will not let their players for national duties, but according to ICL policies said we will allow player to play for their country.

may be i am wrong, but i am feeling after studding Sri Lanka local media about Sri lankan cricket cut off the ICL player's ban .... why? may be because players ready to share their earning with SLC.

kalson
September 24, 2008, 01:01 AM
India will play a Test in Islamabad in January

India will play his Test and an ODI at Rawalpindi sister-city of Islamabad.

BANFAN
September 24, 2008, 10:11 AM
Pakistan Govt and People have problem with India, But Al Quaida or Taliban doesn't have as much.

Pakistan Govt and People have no problem with western countries incl Aus, But Al quaida & Taliban Has severe problem with them.

All these attacks/bomb blasts (99%) are being done by Al Quaida & Taliban.

So we can now figure out the threat in Pak is from whom & why & who are at more risk? But one can't over rule the chances of attach against Indians either. There is no guarantee from Al quaida. There are many anti Indian organisations who fought in Kashmir for years (Like Joishi Mohammad) who are fighting under the banner of Al quaida at the moment. It won't take time for them to fulfil some of their past grievances on India team, if they get a chance.

Fact is that, Pak cricket is going to be affected, because of poor security situation.

kalson
September 24, 2008, 12:46 PM
Pakistan Govt and People have problem with India, But Al Quaida or Taliban doesn't have as much.

Pakistan Govt and People have no problem with western countries incl Aus, But Al quaida & Taliban Has severe problem with them.

All these attacks/bomb blasts (99%) are being done by Al Quaida & Taliban.

So we can now figure out the threat in Pak is from whom & why & who are at more risk? But one can't over rule the chances of attach against Indians either. There is no guarantee from Al quaida. There are many anti Indian organisations who fought in Kashmir for years (Like Joishi Mohammad) who are fighting under the banner of Al quaida at the moment. It won't take time for them to fulfil some of their past grievances on India team, if they get a chance.

Fact is that, Pak cricket is going to be affected, because of poor security situation.

i am dam sure, you are inhaling from any news channel like Geo in Pakistan, CNN of USA, BBC from England...Some Zee News from India...

try to research of your own and come up with your own and logical and generic argument.

perhaps you said it because you are Indian I GUESS.

India come out of Kashmir(people wont let India to take over), US come out of Afghanistan, Iraq (US sucked enough resources from it).... then believe me World is safe you and i will be safe.

BANFAN
September 24, 2008, 02:17 PM
i am dam sure, you are inhaling from any news channel like Geo in Pakistan, CNN of USA, BBC from England...Some Zee News from India...

try to research of your own and come up with your own and logical and generic argument.

perhaps you said it because you are Indian I GUESS.

India come out of Kashmir(people wont let India to take over), US come out of Afghanistan, Iraq (US sucked enough resources from it).... then believe me World is safe you and i will be safe.

You have proven my point. I guess you share the view of Pak Govt/People, not Al Quaida. That's what I meant. Al Quaida doesn't have concern over Kashmir, as much they have for Afghanistan.

Laskar e Taiba & Jai shi Mohammad type orgs who were being backed by Pak Govt in kashmir, have even pulled out of Kashmir & fighting in favor of Al Quaida in Afghan front. Means against the govt, and that's accepted by the pak govt as well.

You haven't given any new facts to contradict me. In fact your point of view isn't clear anyway. You are basically opposing every opinion without having one of your own. Better you clear your own confusions first.

Yes I got news from all the channels you mentioned & more. You don't go for your desired source of information only, when you research. My 5 years in the region (Pak/Afg) was good enough to interact with people/media & understand the truth.

You seem to see the problems only outside the country, pak got more to clean inside their borders i guess. If your immune system collapses, all viruses will make it's way through. Running after the virus isn't a permanent fix.

kalson
September 24, 2008, 05:38 PM
You have proven my point. I guess you share the view of Pak Govt/People, not Al Quaida. That's what I meant. Al Quaida doesn't have concern over Kashmir, as much they have for Afghanistan.

Laskar e Taiba & Jai shi Mohammad type orgs who were being backed by Pak Govt in kashmir, have even pulled out of Kashmir & fighting in favor of Al Quaida in Afghan front. Means against the govt, and that's accepted by the pak govt as well.

You haven't given any new facts to contradict me. In fact your point of view isn't clear anyway. You are basically opposing every opinion without having one of your own. Better you clear your own confusions first.

Yes I got news from all the channels you mentioned & more. You don't go for your desired source of information only, when you research. My 5 years in the region (Pak/Afg) was good enough to interact with people/media & understand the truth.

You seem to see the problems only outside the country, pak got more to clean inside their borders i guess. If your immune system collapses, all viruses will make it's way through. Running after the virus isn't a permanent fix.

my point is simple, how to live peacefully, my dear, i am talking to sort out the solution to live calmly and peacefully and let the destroy the safety concern, but you are dragging those old India-Pakistan discrimination bullshit discussion and blame game. Pak this India that bla bla..my dear world need change otherwise we never even get a peaceful death.

solution
India must out of Kashmir(why killing innocent people, let them live peacefully what is the problem in this, if they want to live independently, then what the big deal in this. stay out of it) - i bet you don't have answer of that. why OCCUPYING Kashmir, let it a independent state. any problem in that. i bet then their is no Laskar e Taiba & Jai shi Mohammad type orgs, buddy they want liberty.

such orgs are not the new concept, How Ireland got its sovereignty?..even half of the Europe snatch their independent though such orgs who are fighting for their rights.

the purpose is same just the approach is different which must be because time has changed the status of life, but still people are fighting for their independence.

US pull out its army out of Afghanistan, Iraq - and reconsider their approach about the Asian region and very much about terrorism.

you never feel the pain of the those who are being occupied and are being killed for nothing, once you feel that day would be the worst day for you, you will cry and cry and cry just.

ITS not the matter of winning the points in argument, it the matter to accept others existence and respect them never try to dominate for your own cause. you are Indian, Pakistani, American, English whatever you are i have no concern with that i only do concern with your ethics and humanity which is far bigger than to be called Pakistani, Indian etc

PS. Its a cricket forum...starting from cricket we took the discussion somewhere else, these are the long debates which never ends, so you and me better stick to cricket otherwise we use our PM for such discussion.

BANFAN
September 25, 2008, 10:24 AM
You are a typical pakistani. We aren't talking how to solve it. Was just looking at the problems why it's occuring. And Taliban/Al Quaida is a state within the state with priotities conflicting with the state.

This situation is harming cricket in Pak. PCB suffering from lack of matches at home. The current situation doesn't suggest that it's going to be over soon. Govt doesn't have the power to stop it. That's it.

Anyway, PCB's decision to contract with Dubai Sports City, to have that as their home venue is a much better solution for nearfuture. It also shows that PCB have understood the security reality of Pak.

kalson
September 25, 2008, 12:40 PM
PCB deal with DSC, nothing to do with their home venue...and this is not the solution.

I perhaps a typical Pakistani, who have solution how to live peacefully, instead of kept discussing on deadrubber.

you said "we are looking why its occurring" my dear i felt with your discussion that you himself don't want to stop the happening in Kashmir, Afganistan .. which are directly putting a impact in Pakistan and India.

You again skip those questions and took a long jump. My dear i got what you actually WANT TO SAY! no solution just discussing and discussing, and let India remain in Kashmir and US stay in Afganistan and bothering.

Nice talking with you. have fun ba bye.

bharat
September 25, 2008, 03:40 PM
PCB deal with DSC, nothing to do with their home venue...and this is not the solution.

I perhaps a typical Pakistani, who have solution how to live peacefully, instead of kept discussing on deadrubber.

you said "we are looking why its occurring" my dear i felt with your discussion that you himself don't want to stop the happening in Kashmir, Afganistan .. which are directly putting a impact in Pakistan and India.

You again skip those questions and took a long jump. My dear i got what you actually WANT TO SAY! no solution just discussing and discussing, and let India remain in Kashmir and US stay in Afganistan and bothering.

Nice talking with you. have fun ba bye.

True kalson, US should leave Afghanistan, India leave Kashmir , Pak leave Balochistan and complete NWFP and everything will fall into place.Then we will have world peace and cricket in Pakistan.

CholCholBD
September 28, 2008, 07:07 AM
People are so disillusioned by politics that they write paragraphs on caricatures they create in their minds. Fascinating creatures you all are I must add if it doesn't offend anyone...

BANFAN
September 28, 2008, 12:24 PM
People are so disillusioned by politics that they write paragraphs on caricatures they create in their minds. Fascinating creatures you all are I must add if it doesn't offend anyone...

Right. Some do it in disillusion & some in illusion. Politics is no Science.

bharat
September 29, 2008, 10:24 AM
Well, if the comment is directed towards me then ...for the record, I was being sarcastic !!

I find Kalson's solution to the problem very amusing and sees the problems created by others except Pak's ..hence the remark.