PDA

View Full Version : New ICL subforum please

Tigers_eye
September 22, 2008, 10:29 AM
ICL is not going anywhere. Dhaka Warriors are going no where. To get things in order, I suggest of a new subforum for ICL. If they go under I suggest archive that subforum or merge it with bangladesh cricket. Do this before the season 2008 starts October 10, 2008.

It is getting hard for me to navigate in Bangladesh Cricket sub forum. Those who regularly come to the site must feel the same. People are/will be starting create duplicate threads. Concentrate the resources please.

Dear Management, please look in to this matter ASAP.

Thank you.

Nocturnal
September 22, 2008, 12:22 PM
agreed with T_E

BANFAN
September 22, 2008, 01:26 PM
I endorse the idea raised by T_E.

It really is hard these days to browse the forum, without bumping into ICL threads. Most of which are duplicate. It is distracting. It is never going to cool down, so long as Dhaka Warriors are playing in ICL. I feel DW is there to stay.

Please Merge all the ICL threads into a new ICL subforum.

Tokai
September 22, 2008, 02:25 PM
We should ban the word ICL in this forum. It does not matter whatever way you want to see it, but a player who was created by the taxpayers of the country puts national team second should be considered as traitors, and we should not do anything that makes it a success.

BanglaCricket should boycott ICL all together.

Tigers_eye
September 22, 2008, 02:52 PM
The difference between ICL and IPL is in near future we are not going to have a whole team in IPL. Some players (i hope) will play in different teams. Threads relating IPL will be in International Forum just as this season. But ICL we have a team representing Dhaka. We will have constant news, match threads, frustration and joy. Bundling this would enormously help navigating.

Thank you those who have supported this sub forum issue.

Tokai sir,
Start loving people. People will start loving you.

Kabir
September 22, 2008, 06:09 PM
Guru Kabir says - Ameen.

Murad
September 22, 2008, 11:59 PM
deleted!

Razi
September 23, 2008, 02:07 AM
Guru Kabir says - Ameen.

Add me also.

thebest
September 23, 2008, 10:01 AM
can we have another sub forum for Shamz's poll. it is getting annoying day by day

Sovik
September 24, 2008, 05:51 AM
can we have another sub forum for Shamz's poll. it is getting annoying day by day

we need this badly

Sovik
September 24, 2008, 05:52 AM
we could have one 20-20 subforum. IPL, ICL, Stanford etc

BANFAN
September 26, 2008, 02:41 PM
we could have one 20-20 subforum. IPL, ICL, Stanford etc

Not a bad idea. But ICL won't be limited to 20-20. Last year they have 50-50 matches & they have plan for longer versions in future.

But ICL really needs to get out from the current location. There will be a lots of confusion & too many thread, when the Tournament starts in Oct.

And then these ICL controversy threads !! :) That won't end even after ICL is recognised or Scrapped.

Nafis_BD
September 26, 2008, 03:26 PM
I also agree with that.... it is getting really annoying now and I have to go through like 10 threads to find the 1 thread I am looking for(actually concerning BD cricket).

Btw speaking of forums....... why does the Bangladesh Cricket Forum messed up. The page is like half cut off for me. Can Mods please do something about that!!!

Tigers_eye
September 26, 2008, 03:39 PM
Dear Admins,
Any kind of feedback is welcomed. Yeeaay!! Naaay!! Discussing among ourselves!! Anything!!

BANFAN
September 26, 2008, 03:49 PM
How many members need to support/appeal - To have a sub-forum ?

Farhad
September 26, 2008, 04:59 PM
I support the measure. Clumping domestic and national cricket into the same sub-forum is one thing. But now with the ICL bound to become a bigger part of discussion, i think its going to be a little too diverse for one sub-forum to handle...A seperate Domestic/ICL subforum should do nicely...

Zunaid
September 26, 2008, 05:23 PM
Dear Admins,
Any kind of feedback is welcomed. Yeeaay!! Naaay!! Discussing among ourselves!! Anything!!

We don't give a ...

Um.

We are actually discussing this internally and should have dropped a nugget here. Hopefully, the last man standing will make the final decision. Soon.

Rabz
September 27, 2008, 03:58 AM
Btw speaking of forums....... why does the Bangladesh Cricket Forum messed up. The page is like half cut off for me. Can Mods please do something about that!!!

Same here. the page is half cut for almost 2 weeks now.
must be some thread with large picture.

Rabz
September 29, 2008, 11:44 AM
So, are we getting that sub-forum?
With only 10 days till the ICL begins, i think we are badly in need of the forum.

Or else, Bangla cricket section would be all over the place.

BANFAN
September 29, 2008, 12:13 PM
So, are we getting that sub-forum?
With only 10 days till the ICL begins, i think we are badly in need of the forum.

Or else, Bangla cricket section would be all over the place.

Specially when some members don't want a discussion on ICL or are hostile to ICL, it makes sense to keep it seperate for those who are interested to follow ICL.

Zunaid
September 29, 2008, 12:34 PM
We are heading in that direction (a new forum/sub-forum/what not) for things of that ilk. Hold those horses for just a tad bit longer.

- For BC

Kabir
September 29, 2008, 12:42 PM
My horse is a pagla horse. Mijan bhai's horse is a super-pagla horse. Rabz bhai er horse...lets not even go there.

We need a forum...and we need it now. :fire:

BANFAN
September 29, 2008, 12:44 PM
We are heading in that direction (a new forum/sub-forum/what not) for things of that ilk. Hold those horses for just a tad bit longer.

- For BC

Light at the end of the tunnel? Thanks a lot.

:)

Nafis_BD
September 29, 2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks to whoever fixed the Bangladesh cricket section. It was really getting annoying after awhile. But our mods/admins are the best!!:)

Tehsin
September 29, 2008, 06:31 PM
Kabir - Patience. I forgot how old you are. Ekdom dhorjo nai polatar.

We have been discussing the appropriate place for the ICl sub forum. We've been stuck on it for 4-6 days now. I'm just glad that we don't have to discuss the $700B bailout. Awright, time for me to go back to more (slacking off) discussions.

layperson
September 29, 2008, 08:50 PM
We can just have a thread for ICL in the international cricket section. I would think that would have sufficed. We should have one single thread stickied for ICL only. NO one should be allowed to post any other ICL threads anywhere, news, scores, everything should be there. The ICL itself is not big enough to be able to sustain a whole new subforum as far as I am concerned. This should be a pretty easy decision to make. If at all there is any need to make a subforum that too should go under International cricket.

Ajfar
September 29, 2008, 09:46 PM
We can just have a thread for ICL in the international cricket section. I would think that would have sufficed. We should have one single thread stickied for ICL only. NO one should be allowed to post any other ICL threads anywhere, news, scores, everything should be there. The ICL itself is not big enough to be able to sustain a whole new subforum as far as I am concerned. This should be a pretty easy decision to make. If at all there is any need to make a subforum that too should go under International cricket.

we have problem trying to keep one thread to one player...n ur saying one thread for the whole team????

Nasif
September 29, 2008, 10:58 PM
It is done.

Zunaid
September 29, 2008, 11:11 PM
http://www.banglacricket.com/alochona/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Murad
September 29, 2008, 11:42 PM
If I'm not wrong, ICC Champions Trophy falls under international cricket, Right??

Rabz
September 30, 2008, 01:21 PM
My horse is a pagla horse. Mijan bhai's horse is a super-pagla horse. Rabz bhai er horse...lets not even go there.

We need a forum...and we need it now. :fire:

Oi mia, amar horse ki dhoroner ?
(Let me know quick, i might consider putting a bet on it)

BANFAN
September 30, 2008, 01:34 PM
It is done.

Thanks a lot..
--------
Just an Idea: Doesn't matter even if it runs down the drain :) I am happy with ICL seperated from the BD section.

Champions League
Stamford 20/20
IPL
County
ICC Champions Trophy
ICC Intercontinental Cup

There may be more private leagues/tournaments in future

Etc all such legues/tournments may come under the New LT Sub-Forum. Let the international section be for Tests, ODIs & 20/20 played by the other test playing nations under ICC, the Players, boards & their news.

Fazal
September 30, 2008, 04:24 PM
Now that we have a seperate sub forum for ICL, can we have a seperate sub-forum for Mohammad Ashraful and his fans?

Looks like Ashraful thread somehow penetrated and invaded ICL forum also.

As Ashraful is not playing for ICL teams, we need insulation and protection from mushroom like Ash threads that start poping up everytime our superstar sneezes.

bdchamp20
October 1, 2008, 01:03 PM
I for one think we should have only one forum for all cricket discussions and news. There are too many sub-forums. In all the other sites you have only one forum for cricket and as a result you get more foreign posters on the sight which makes the site more interesting and adds spice to the discussion.

Edit: I just noticed you already have created a sub-forum, anyway it's all cool.