PDA

View Full Version : Mashrafe refused the offer of 10 crore Indian Rupee from ICL !!! Thanks a lot to him !!

arafath79
September 23, 2008, 12:31 PM
The main strike bowler of Bangladesh the quickie Mashrafe Bin Mortaza refused the offer of 10 crore rupee to play in ICL. As a professional cricketer he did mention that he plays for money but he plays for his own country as well. As a patriotic person Mashrafe has taken the brave and honest decision to refuse the ICL offer and given the priority to play for Bangladesh national team only. One of the member of ICL Dhaka Warriors team confirmed that Mashrafe was the only different person who did not show any interest from the beginning to play in ICL.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comhttp://banglacricket.com/alochona/ /><o:p></o:p></FONT></FONT></P><P><FONT color=black><FONT face=I am a great fan of Mashrafe Bin Mortaza and I am thanking him so much for his loyal decision to play for his own country and wishing him the best of luck in his present and future career.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
Source: http://www.bangladesherkhela.info/index.php?newsID=8455&pageTitle=details&editionID=471

Zeeshan
September 23, 2008, 12:33 PM
just curious....how much is that in dollar amount? so, so far we have the highest offer of 700 grand to ashraful then half a million us dollar to tamim and was this the next big offer?

Tigers_eye
September 23, 2008, 12:36 PM
just curious....how much is that in dollar amount? so, so far we have the highest offer of 700 grand to ashraful then half a million us dollar to tamim and was this the next big offer?
1.5 mill for 3 years.

Mahmood
September 23, 2008, 12:37 PM
10C would be like 1.4M in USD. Might be the highest among all BD players. However, who is there to validate or correct Mash if he claimed he was offered 20C!!!

Rabz
September 23, 2008, 12:39 PM
A very matured Mash in his interview.

Btw, Rs 10 Crore would be around Tk 17 Crore, which would be roughly USD 2.5 Million.
Now that some real big money we are talking.

Good to know someone put Country first.

Have always loved Mash, and this is just one more reason to love him more.

Proud of you Mashrafee.

Zeeshan
September 23, 2008, 12:40 PM
1.5 mill for 3 years.

*whistles* my god!!

if this is 100% true, my wig off to him....

as much as i hate the icl, i think they have the potential to make millionaires out of cricket players, who had the least amount of salary as far as sports is concenrned, of course second being ping pong players.

mac
September 23, 2008, 12:42 PM
Thank you Mash.
We all love you.

arafath79
September 23, 2008, 12:49 PM
:flag:
We are all proud of you Mashrafe. :)
:clap:

BANFAN
September 23, 2008, 12:49 PM
10C would be like 1.4M in USD. Might be the highest among all BD players. However, who is there to validate or correct Mash if he claimed he was offered 20C!!!

Good question.

Tigers_eye
September 23, 2008, 12:53 PM
*whistles* my god!!

if this is 100% true, my wig off to him....

as much as i hate the icl, i think they have the potential to make millionaires out of cricket players, who had the least amount of salary as far as sports is concenrned, of course second being ping pong players.
My bad, I calculated in BD taka. should have been 10 crore RUPEE. That equates to 2.5 mil USD in 3 years for couple of months (ICL season) in each year.

jahidus200
September 23, 2008, 12:57 PM
thats shows how much he love bangladesh and our cricket

Tigers_eye
September 23, 2008, 01:00 PM
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/370956.html

Damn Damn Damn!! 6/8 weeks break for Mash (minor operation) to take fluid out from his knees. Do we have any window in our FTP?

bujhee kom
September 23, 2008, 01:06 PM
MashAllah - m*a*s*h* - proud to be a fellow brother of yours! go mashrafee! go bd! go tigers!

arafath79
September 23, 2008, 01:11 PM
You should all know that the ICL matches are only 20 overs for each innings of the teams and players don't need to show good batting technique in those limited 20 overs matches.The main thing is that playing in ICL is the easiest way of making money and also the easiest way of destroying own cricket career. A player just need to play couple of months every year in ICL for making those huge amount of money. Within the three years of playing in ICL in total of 6 months will make those country's traitor players rich.

At the other hand, a national team player should play around 100+ matches for three years to make those huge amount of money. There are much hard working, practice and competitions for playing in national team instead of playing in ICL just for couple of months each year. It is also not just playing for 20 overs matches only but also playing test and 50 over matches over the year for national team players.

That's the main reason we should all know that brave player like Mashrafe has taken one of the most loyal decision in his life to play for his own country.

arafath79
September 23, 2008, 01:19 PM

Damn Damn Damn!! 6/8 weeks break for Mash (minor operation) to take fluid out from his knees. Do we have any window in our FTP?

Oh no!!! ummmmmmm well, Mashrafe should go for that minor operation to take the fluid out of his knees after the New Zealand series and BCB should help him financially. We need well fitted and good formed Mashrafe and we don't like to see him get seriously injured again. Mashrafe doesn't need to play in the NCL and he can do his operation during that period of time because he has nothing to prove in the NCL.

bujhee kom
September 23, 2008, 01:20 PM
kothai mash, aar kothai ami bujhee kom!
i was once asked to play in a rear alley cricket match against the 'dhandabaj panda club'!
i had to pay 10 taka from my monthly allowance to my captain to be able to bat! i did pretty good too, i was 5 not out! we lost the match against the dhandabaj club! after the match they stole our bat and money!

simon
September 23, 2008, 01:24 PM
Shabash Mashrafe!
We all are with you.

arafath79
September 23, 2008, 01:40 PM
kothai mash, aar kothai ami bujhee kom!
i was once asked to play in a rear alley cricket match against the 'dhandabaj panda club'!
i had to pay 10 taka from my monthly allowance to my captain to be able to bat! i did pretty good too, i was 5 not out! we lost the match against the dhandabaj club! after the match they stole our bat and money!

hahahaha........... that was very funny. :D

bangla-red
September 23, 2008, 03:22 PM
Mashrafe, Mashrafe, Mashrafe! :notworthy::flag::clap::applause:
Take that ICL!:lol::-D:floor::-D
I am changing my fav player from Ash to something else...

Baundule
September 23, 2008, 03:25 PM
Good decision, we need some players for the national team.

cricman
September 23, 2008, 05:16 PM

Heres to the Best of My Knoweldge

October: Host NZ
November: @ SA
Late December & Early Jan: Host SL & Tri Series vs Zim
Early Feb: 3 ODI and 2 Unoffical Test vs Zim (Best Time To get the Surgery)
March: Pak 5 ODI
April: @ WI (Right After this series would be another good time)
June: ICC World T20's

Haider
September 23, 2008, 06:12 PM
Sad news, shudve taken the money.. BD national team sux and so does their future.. =)

Antora
September 23, 2008, 06:24 PM
Well done Mash. But woah! 1.5 Million Dollars? =O

bharat
September 23, 2008, 06:40 PM
10 Crore is close to 2.8 Million US $.I doubt that ICL has that much !! Mind you Dhoni the highest payed in IPL and ICL got around 1.5 M $.

Whatever the amount Mash chose the right path.He might end up as BD legend by the time he retires a la BD's Kapil.

Zeeshan
September 23, 2008, 07:10 PM
10 Crore is close to 2.8 Million US $.I doubt that ICL has that much !! Mind you Dhoni the highest payed in IPL and ICL got around 1.5 M $.

Whatever the amount Mash chose the right path.He might end up as BD legend by the time he retires a la BD's Kapil.

Not just you bharat, but in general everytime someone compares our player to some other countries' one, it bothers me.

Why can't a player get a recognition on his own right? A confident secure person never says "I want to be the next fill_in_the_blanks..." instead remarks "I want to be [inserts his own name]."

I loved when Rahul Dravid was starting out and in South Africa he was asked if he played like - I forget the name, maybe Tendulkar, he said, "No, I played like Rahul Dravid."

Some may call it cocky, but I think that shows that a player is not trying to be someone else but rather himself.

There are so many of us who call's Ashraful Bd's Bradman (:rolleyes:) or wants Razzak to be the "next Shane Warne" when a simple proper honorium would be to recognize themselves for who they are...

Sorry, didn't mean to spin out a filibuster here.

Tintin
September 23, 2008, 08:38 PM

I think IPL's figures are per season and ICL's are for a three year contract. Still this is quite high. Razzak is getting 50K per year in IPL and Ashraful's base price was set at 75K last year. Mashrafe himself was in the auction but his value was not mentioned in the reports.

Murad
September 23, 2008, 08:41 PM
I think IPL's figures are per season and ICL's are for a three year contract. Still this is quite high. Razzak is getting 50K per year in IPL and Ashraful's base price was set at 75K last year. Mashrafe himself was in the auction but his value was not mentioned in the reports.

I saw Razzak getting 120K in the Bangalore team website. I don't know if that was correct or wrong.

al Furqaan
September 23, 2008, 09:00 PM
i hope our boys get IPL contracts, much as i hate the BCCI...just because they deserve to be repaid if these reports are true.

Tintin
September 23, 2008, 09:02 PM
I saw Razzak getting 120K in the Bangalore team website. I don't know if that was correct or wrong.

Same here. Found at http://www.royalchallengers.com/theteam.aspx that is 120K as you said. In reports at the time of the auction (like http://thatscricket.oneindia.in/news/2008/03/11/1103second-ipl-auction.html ) it was mentioned as 50K.

al Furqaan
September 23, 2008, 09:06 PM
mash out 6-8 weeks for a little drainage? thats not bad. plenty of time in the FTP for that.

bujhee kom
September 23, 2008, 10:26 PM
my masri's imani josh like kryptonite!:karate:

kalpurush
September 23, 2008, 11:11 PM
Sad news, shudve taken the money.. BD national team sux and so does their future.. =)
[বাংলা]তবে, আপনার আগামী সুন্দর হোক, এটাই আমাদের কামনা...:saint:[/বাংলা]

Dhakablues
September 23, 2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah,, he shouldve negotiated with BCB. Eventually, the ban is going to go away from BCB and he probably lost a big opportunity cost. Or it could be,, he needs more than that to be convinced. Who knows.. but Mashrafee was always a great cricketer who tries his heart out and only for that reason he deserves to be the Captain than a moron like Ash da fool

CholCholBD
September 24, 2008, 03:39 AM
2.5 million USD is not going to be matched by the IPL..the highest paid was Dhoni and he went for 1 million smth USD ...so 2.5 million is a really high bargain....wow come to think of it...partners at US investment banks dont make that kind of money...3 years..2 months...$2.5 million..my o my...IF THIS IS TRUE....he must have had those BD slippers on with the matching bandana and tshirt before making that decision. Proud of u brother but ...i cant get over the fact that u rejected 2.5 million...u know the ICL is going to be legal in a few months and the ban will be repealed lol...u missed out on a suckers deal brav but hey its not my life...goodluck MAsh..we desperately need u in the BD squad though no doubt...better live as a bengali king than an indian slave anyday..hats off to u!

PoorFan
September 24, 2008, 05:37 AM
Just curious, was the money ( 10 crore rupee ) offered just for him or for a whole team he was asked to organize?

Razi
September 24, 2008, 05:52 AM
Just curious, was the money ( 10 crore rupee ) offered just for him or for a whole team he was asked to organize?

A very good question poorfan bhai. Either way it looks a bit impossible. 10 crore for making a team with 14 members is pretty low compared to what Dhaka Warriors' players are getting, and 10 crore to only one player then again to a Bangladeshi player is also a bit too much.

Sovik
September 24, 2008, 05:54 AM
he did the right thing. he is young and he is doing good in international level. he knew this sort of offer won't be hard to come by.

Baundule
September 24, 2008, 06:11 AM
IPL will be forced to take some players from Bangladesh and Mashrafe will be the first candidate for that. So, money-wise he is not losing anything. Moreover, he can play for the national team, where a fit Mashrafe is an automatic choice. So, he has no reason to play in the ICL.

I have doubt about the offer of $M2.8. Dhoni in the IPL got the max in IPL $M1.5. Is it (IPL) for a total of 3 years' contract or for each season?

CholCholBD
September 24, 2008, 06:26 AM
IPL will pick Mashrafe but not more than 100K if u consider Ash will be go for 75K...here we are talking 2.8 million for 3 years/2 month per season.

Dhoni would be paid 1.5 mil for 3 years

Mash would be making abt $933k per year for 2 months of work at that rate...any one know of a better gig than that???!

In essence, Mash loses out. He could have the highest paid cricketer this year (for load of work..remember Dhoni has captaincy of Team India plus IPL.. Mash will be banned) less work.more $$$
IF u consider it from only personal finance issues, there is no fatter quicker check a cricketer can invent.

BIG LOSS Mashi, but again...like I said...better live like a Bengali King than an Indian slave.

U Cant buy respect.

Tintin
September 24, 2008, 07:02 AM
Dhoni would be paid 1.5 mil for 3 years CCB, the ICL salaries are for each year. It is not clear whether they are paid seperately for Champions League etc.

As of now, Ishant Sharma who gets 3.8 crore per year is the costliest bowler in IPL. It was estimated that he was getting 1 lakh rupees for each ball that he bowls (14x4x6 = 336 balls, 3.8 crore) !

Since there are two competitions a year in ICL you have to play more matches, but Mashrafe would also have earned something in the range of 80-90000 rupees per ball had he signed.

Add : This is what 20/20 is doing to cricket. Sharma gets more from bowling three balls in IPL than if he plays in a five day Test match.

cricket_king
September 24, 2008, 07:15 AM
Now there's a patriot. Good on you Mash. :flag:

Rabz
September 24, 2008, 08:21 AM
Whatever amount it was, Mash played his cards very well.
Good on ya.

He waited till the saga is cooling down and bang smack!
Reveals the amount "allegedly" offered to him.

Now he is the most patriot player in the team ( which he always was), but these days, you always hv to beat your own drum.

His diplomatic answers will not go un-noticed.

Mash has really put himself in the strong contention of becoming the next BD captain.
Ash's day is coming to an end, we all know that.
May be Mash's secret wish is coming true.

If that is the case, i say, very well played Mash.
Like a true playa.

Tigers_eye
September 24, 2008, 08:49 AM
If the amount is true, 2.5 Mill USD is huge. For any professional in US averaging $90k, would make that amount in 27+ years. Even half of the amount is a WOW for 3 years (6 to 9 months of actual cricket in total). Just wondering what would be the offer for Dhoni had he been available for ICL. Why can't they target Dada?

Kabir
September 24, 2008, 10:50 AM
Yea sure...10 crore.

Taka ki toilet e ber hoy naki?

Trigger_Tiger
September 24, 2008, 10:55 AM
Yea sure...10 crore.

Taka ki toilet e ber hoy naki?

Yes, for Zee Telefilms.....hoy!

bujhee kom
September 24, 2008, 11:12 AM
masri is a real 'man'!

CholCholBD
September 24, 2008, 06:23 PM
Im sorry but why are we even talking about money with sports here?

NBA players like shaq make 40 million per year...Kobe signed a 100 million/7 year deal...MBL,NFL, premier league stars also make around 20 million+++, and tiger woods made 100 million in one year alone from sponsorships.
Every shot, every throw, every hook, every swing, every kick can cost around 100,000 dollars+ these days from superstars...compared to that, cricket is still far behind from being a money making lean mean machine.
This is only the beginning. I dont think its destroying cricket. If cricket does not stay up and compete with global sports, cricket will become invisible in a few years.

Niceman70
September 25, 2008, 02:03 AM
Im sorry but why are we even talking about money with sports here?

NBA players like shaq make 40 million per year...Kobe signed a 100 million/7 year deal...MBL,NFL, premier league stars also make around 20 million+++, and tiger woods made 100 million in one year alone from sponsorships.
Every shot, every throw, every hook, every swing, every kick can cost around 100,000 dollars+ these days from superstars...compared to that, cricket is still far behind from being a money making lean mean machine.
This is only the beginning. I dont think its destroying cricket. If cricket does not stay up and compete with global sports, cricket will become invisible in a few years.

so true.:-D

Niceman70
September 25, 2008, 02:08 AM
A very good question poorfan bhai. Either way it looks a bit impossible. 10 crore for making a team with 14 members is pretty low compared to what Dhaka Warriors' players are getting, and 10 crore to only one player then again to a Bangladeshi player is also a bit too much.

why do you think that the offer is too much for a Bangladeshi player and specifically mashrafee?

cricket_pagol
September 25, 2008, 02:17 AM
Whatever amount it was, Mash played his cards very well.
Good on ya.

He waited till the saga is cooling down and bang smack!
Reveals the amount "allegedly" offered to him.

Now he is the most patriot player in the team ( which he always was), but these days, you always hv to beat your own drum.

His diplomatic answers will not go un-noticed.

Mash has really put himself in the strong contention of becoming the next BD captain.
Ash's day is coming to an end, we all know that.
May be Mash's secret wish is coming true.

If that is the case, i say, very well played Mash.
Like a true playa.

Respect for Mashrafee!!!

yaseer
September 25, 2008, 02:27 AM
Now there's a patriot. Good on you Mash. :flag:

what abt ASH who turned down 15 crore....

yaseer
September 25, 2008, 02:34 AM

Brother, you gotto consider that the money id for total 3 year contract......not for 1 year.

Also for playing ICL, one has to give up all national and domestic competition. so every other source of income is closed. Considering this, captain-vice captain of Bangladesh is getting 15 and 10 crore respectively is justified. ICL gotto pay and as only money can drag players to them, nothing to achieve in playing ICL instead of money.

cricket_king
September 25, 2008, 11:08 PM
what abt ASH who turned down 15 crore....

Well for one thing - he's the captain of the national team.

And I never suggested that Ashraful is any less a patriot when compared to Mashrafe. This thread is about Mashrafe isn't it?

djnaved
September 25, 2008, 11:54 PM
Ajob bepar............

mash 10 crore rupee firaia diche......eta nia eto gunjon hoilo na............r ash 15 crore firaia diche...eta nia eto gunjon hoilo kemne.......ash ke nia jodi gunjon uthe tahole obossoi mash niao gunjon howa uchit chilo.....kintu ash ke nia besh gunjon hoilo keno?

thebest
September 26, 2008, 08:57 AM
Ajob bepar............

mash 10 crore rupee firaia diche......eta nia eto gunjon hoilo na............r ash 15 crore firaia diche...eta nia eto gunjon hoilo kemne.......ash ke nia jodi gunjon uthe tahole obossoi mash niao gunjon howa uchit chilo.....kintu ash ke nia besh gunjon hoilo keno?
because Mash name is the first name in team sheet while Ash's name is there just because he is the captain.

BANFAN
September 26, 2008, 11:29 AM
Ajob bepar............

Personal liking & disliking for a person. Where logic doesn't work. :)