View Full Version : Bangladesh players fear disappearing into the Bermuda Triangle of the ICL - a Guadian Blog
September 24, 2008, 08:23 AM
Bangladesh players fear disappearing into the Bermuda Triangle of the ICL
"If Bangladesh's cricket administrators have their way, these players — Aftab is 23 and Baisya 25 — will disappear into a Bermuda Triangle-like void. The administrators are enthusiastic followers of the Indian board's zero-tolerance policy towards the ICL, and there have been noises from Dhaka in recent days about how the 10-year ban handed down to 13 players is in the "best interests of Bangladeshi cricket"."
September 24, 2008, 08:39 AM
thanks for the link Ferdous.
September 24, 2008, 08:41 AM
Time to merge these ICL loads somewhere.
September 30, 2008, 09:50 PM
But history tells us that those Bangladesh's cricket administrators will not have their ways beyond year. Just wait ans see after the election...Chameli will go back to the Cantonment.
September 30, 2008, 11:04 PM
either Bermuda Triangle or maybe Laos' Golden Triangle....
pick your choice.
October 4, 2008, 10:32 PM
Another Aftab would not be so easy to get.
October 5, 2008, 02:28 AM
Please have a look at the Aftab's & match threads, before Aftab was injured & dropped.
1. He was performing so poor that people were demanding to drop him even before injury,
2. After Injury the max opinion was to see him in some domestic tournament & if he gets his form back only then he should be in the team.
3. Aftab was the culprit who claimed after the pak series that he has played well, after scoring 24/25 in 5 matches.
4. How many of you were still in favour of dropping Ash, Aftab doesn't have even half the past of Ash, so there should be more support for dropping Aftab from the team.
5. Aftab had an injury but he recovered much before, while the sellectors actually didn't sellect him & was using his injury as the plea, he already was having the fate of JO, Rafiq, KM etc
Aftab was utterly crap when he was dropped & he has not proven to have got any form back. He would remain a crap for next few years any way. It's time to build his family, other wise.
He is not a loss at all. his departure won't make any bit of difference for BD team. His presence would have rather disturbed the team. He already turned into a liability.
vBulletin® v3.8.7, Copyright ©2000-2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.