PDA

View Full Version : Ash turned down ICL offer?

bangla-red
September 24, 2008, 01:44 PM
He denies helping the ICL players, and now reveals that he turned down a $2.1million contract for three years.
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/bangladesh/content/current/story/371040.html

zainab
September 24, 2008, 01:57 PM
At least he told the Board and were clearly told the ramifications of such a move.
The other players did everything in secret, and were led up the garden path.They could have informed the BCB and asked their advice.

Murad
September 24, 2008, 02:00 PM
Bhaire.. we have many threads about this issue... ogulo te check koren apnar ei khobor ta aro 2/3 weeks aage published hoye geche..

WarWolf
September 24, 2008, 02:07 PM
Ufff. Another new thread on the same old topic. Mods can you pls merge this one?

bujhee kom
September 24, 2008, 02:12 PM
wait a sec.
ash got another offer?
what's going on? damn!
how much and how many offers did he get?

bujhee kom
September 24, 2008, 02:13 PM
dhurr mia, it's the same old offer! i am an idiot!

Murad
September 24, 2008, 02:17 PM

Naam ki apnar emni emnitei bujhee kom? ;)

dash
September 24, 2008, 02:17 PM
yah but coming from the horses mouth

Kabir
September 24, 2008, 02:19 PM

No? Your avatar tells a different storey?

Who's the lucky bandorni?

WarWolf
September 24, 2008, 02:30 PM
I think the news is already old....

(Just joking. Javed bhai raag koren na.)

cricman
September 24, 2008, 02:34 PM
Ash was spitting Fire on his interview with TC

bujhee kom
September 24, 2008, 02:36 PM
Naam ki apnar emni emnitei bujhee kom? ;)
ji ji murad bhai, age kheyal kori nai! train deikha laaf dia dhuksi, dhuika teen station paar howar pore khobor hoise, i was in the wrong train...:-D
I think the news is already old....
(Just joking. Javed bhai raag koren na.)
na, na sadi, kije bolo!:-*

bujhee kom
September 24, 2008, 02:40 PM
No? Your avatar tells a different storey?
Who's the lucky bandorni?
eita amar mrs. kobir bhai. or naam bilkis ara begum!
photo taken on our 5th anniversery!

Beamer
September 24, 2008, 02:42 PM
funny guy that bujhee kom..

Zeeshan
September 24, 2008, 02:44 PM
eita amar mrs. kobir bhai. or naam bilkis ara begum!
photo taken on our 5th anniversery!

at first i read: eita amar mrs kabir bhai

Megh
September 24, 2008, 09:36 PM
my concern is, Ashrafool wasn't telling the truth in the interview.

and he got a offer for 210,0000. that's more than 2million!!!!!and with his this kinda sh!t performances????????damn!!
how much is Gilchrist getting to play in the IPL? can anyone tell me this??

Do you guys know, Ashrafool said to the Jugantor that "Any who didn't perform, only they were outta team. No one was left outta team after performing. If anyone can't perform then he should be outta team."

dude, what about you????

and he also said that "He'll stay along with the national team even if he can't get chance in the team for 2 years."

Akib
September 24, 2008, 10:46 PM

and he got a offer for 210,0000. that's more than 2million!!!!!and with his this kinda sh!t performances????????damn!!

Do you guys know, Ashrafool said to the Jugantor that "Any who didn't perform, only they were outta team. No one was left outta team after performing. If anyone can't perform then he should be outta team."

dude, what about you????

and he also said that "He'll stay along with the national team even if he can't get chance in the team for 2 years."

Considering how much a player like bashar (who has no reason to be in a 20-20 with his style) is making, it seems reasonable. ICL knows he is our most marketable player and captain, so obviously they'd give him the most. Plus you gotta remember, ICL needs to attract players with money, as most cricket boards give bans to those who join. They can't really get players for the playing experience.

Zaheed Mahmood
September 25, 2008, 12:08 AM
The story is old but we see a new link because of Ash's recent explanation to BCCI after he came back last Monday. Compared to Mashrafe's offer and Bashar and Dhaka Warrior gang's payment, Ash's claim of 15crore does seem reasonable, he is the BD captain and wherever BD shone in the very few games, Ash had contribution in most of them! Despite his sorry-tale averages, he proved himself a win-maker on his day (a very very few days though)! It's understandable that the richie ICL would put the biggest bait on him!! He does deserve applause for turning down the huge money!!
Zaheed

yaseer
September 25, 2008, 02:14 AM
hhmm....Refused the offer of 15 Crore.

yaseer
September 25, 2008, 02:21 AM

Ashrafuls 15 crore ($2.1 million) offer was for 3 years and this offer is an old news now, we heard it before. New thing is Ashraful himself admitting it.

Without much reason/evidence, telling the national captain a liar is not a good practice.

BANFAN
September 26, 2008, 10:46 AM
Ashrafuls 15 crore ($2.1 million) offer was for 3 years and this offer is an old news now, we heard it before. New thing is Ashraful himself admitting it.

Without much reason/evidence, telling the national captain a liar is not a good practice.

That's Ash haters.

Ash will get a bigger offer than mash from ICL on any given day. They don't need performance, Ash simply adds more value to ICL than any other BD cricketer. Just because he is Ash, irrespective of his form & average. ICL needs performance and it needs to create an impact in cric world to keep their fight alive. Ash is more valuable there.

Once Mash said the same, he becomes hero, though he never reported it. So no evidence at all of having an offer even. Though I believe him. But I also believe that Ash is speaking the truth, while he has better evidence to prove that he was offered. Finally he didn't sign, that proves his claim & character.

Megh, you might hate him as much as u want. but he is our captain and please don't express your hate without evidence please. It's not good for our team.

The ICL players were not obujh nadans to fall in trap. I hope they have taken decisions according to their free will & priorities of life. I respect their decision and will follow their game as well.

Some vested corner is trying to use the situation & create some confusion to damage our cricket. Ash & BD team, needs the support of all fans to over come this situation & come back with strong performance against NZ. I am sure the fans are with our team and Insha Allah we will see a huge ressuraction of our cricket soon.

Baundule
September 26, 2008, 11:19 AM
Some vested corner is trying to use the situation & create some confusion to damage our cricket. Ash & BD team, needs the support of all fans to over come this situation & come back with strong performance against NZ. I am sure the fans are with our team and Insha Allah we will see a huge ressuraction of our cricket soon.
About supporting I have a different opinion. The BCB needs a kick on the 'you know' for the sake of BD cricket. So, our support should not turn into some sort of aid to the BCB people.

BD fans have sacrificed enough, more than enough. It did not add any positive to BD cricket. So, the best way is to just giving exactly what they deserve. No more, no less.

knocked_up
September 26, 2008, 02:40 PM
i think he is kinda telling the truth, and kinda isnt telling the truth.

i think this is how it went:

He got the offer

Thought about it

Talked to BCB or didnt talk to BCB about it, either way he said no to the offer

For future benifits and to keep some "KATIRR" with ICL (so he can join ICL when he is like 34, so ppl wont call him traitor) he said, i might not join you guys but i will give you some good players

Then he went to talk those those players who we call the "traitors" and he fooled Aftab!

have you ever thought about it this way?

BANFAN
September 26, 2008, 02:58 PM
i think this is how it went:

Talked to BCB or didnt talk to BCB about it, either way he said no to the offer

That has been supported by BCB statement. No scope for Guessing.

Too many wild Guesses.

Nocturnal
September 26, 2008, 03:26 PM
Ash turned down ICL offer?
-- yes he did but not Rakhi Sawant!
ICL goes Bollywood with Rakhi Sawant!. (http://www.indiancricketleague.in/news/news-184.html)

ahem! reason to follow ICL now ......................................joking :-p

I was going through ICL's website to find out DW's page....it's still not UP yet but saw this news!! ;)

Zeeshan
September 26, 2008, 04:14 PM
Ash turned down ICL offer?
-- yes he did but not Rakhi Sawant!
ICL goes Bollywood with Rakhi Sawant!. (http://www.indiancricketleague.in/news/news-184.html)

ahem! reason to follow ICL now ......................................joking :-p

I was going through ICL's website to find out DW's page....it's still not UP yet but saw this news!! ;)

too bronze, n never dug tattoos on women...makes them look too ghetto...altho that video wit female construction workers was mindblowing and nicely directed

Zaheed Mahmood
September 28, 2008, 10:04 PM
Since BCB stated that Ash reported them about the ICL offer, there was no way Ash could led other's exodus to ICL! The only possibility was that he could have known who were getting calls from the Indian agent! But why should we guess about any possibilities at all at this moment, he turned down the biggest offer and we should appreciate that! Is it fair to blame someone by simply guessing what he did or what he didn't do when we know for sure he did a noble act by turning down a huge fortune (yes, 15 crore is a huge fortune for BD people) for the country?!!

Zaheed

One World
September 28, 2008, 10:09 PM
True Tiger.

bujhee kom
September 28, 2008, 11:05 PM
i pray for our ash! i hope he bats real well and makes good decisions on the field this nz and saf series!

scoilaheez
September 29, 2008, 04:40 AM
well done to ash. He is part of our future, the only loss to us was aftab the rest if them were simply dead wood. It puts an end to this crap about tainting ash's character. I really hate Nafees now for what he said.

knocked_up
September 30, 2008, 01:59 PM
That has been supported by BCB statement. No scope for Guessing.

Too many wild Guesses.

i think thats the reason why i said I THINK, never said I KNOW IT FOR SURE...

BANFAN
September 30, 2008, 02:45 PM
i think thats the reason why i said I THINK, never said I KNOW IT FOR SURE...

Still how can you think & think different Yaar, as it is a proven fact that he reported to BCB & BCB confirmed it through public statement.

Fazal
September 30, 2008, 04:19 PM
I think you are thinking a lot but not thinking far enough.

I think if you start thinking a little bit more you may start thinking that it is also possible that ICL offered Ash a huge money and he accepted it and when ICL agent starting thinking more about the risk factor he may have talked with Mohamedan Coach Nannu for 2nd opinion... and only then after further thinking they may have widthrew the offer and only then Ash thinking that 'aam-o gello ... chalaoo jabey" if the news is leaked ....reported to BCB to minimize the damage.

Ah Hah... see there is much more room for creative thinking. have you ever thought about that?