PDA

View Full Version : ICL has taken dead wood

scoilaheez
September 29, 2008, 04:50 AM
I have been swayed by my fellow BC members in realising that the icl may have done us a favour. It has put our test status at risk (although i think we will keep it) and given us a good kick up the backside that we have seriously needed for a long time.

When looking at the players gone, only aftab is a loss and his potential as a test player was dubious. We have no option but to look forward and play our youth with guys like Imrul, Enamul etc.

We cant look to the past as players like Bashar, Alok, Tapash, Sharif and to a lesser extent Nazimuddin, Dhiman ... they are now gone and must concentrate on the future.

I am much more hopeful about our future now with the knowledge that they have taken away the very players that were holding us back and have left the talented guys like mash, tamim and sakib.

WarWolf
September 29, 2008, 04:58 AM
Another ICL thread!!!!!:sick::sick::sick:

Vaiye ra amar bonera tomar, maaaf koira deon jai na ei bar??

Rommel
September 29, 2008, 04:58 AM
old news...

ahaque
September 29, 2008, 10:38 AM
speaking of ICL another has joined the exodus

The ICL also confirmed four other signings, including Nazimuddin, the Bangladesh top-order batsman, Tahir Mughal, Shahid Yousuf and Hafeez Khaleel from the Pakistan domestic circuit, and Kunal Lal, the Delhi left-arm fast bowler. Lal is also the son of Madan Lal, the former Indian medium-pacer who coaches the Delhi Jets team in the ICL.

Nazimuddin came in to the Bangladesh national squad as an attacking opening batsman, and in only his second Twenty20 international, smashed 81 against Pakistan in Nairobi last September. He played seven ODIs since his debut this March, but managed only 90 runs at a disappointing 12.85. He joins 13 other Bangladesh players who recently signed up for the ICL

© Cricinfo

BANFAN
September 29, 2008, 12:04 PM
Another ICL thread!!!!!:sick::sick::sick:

Vaiye ra amar bonera tomar, maaaf koira deon jai na ei bar??

True, but what to do. Mods aren't interested for an ICL subforum. :)

RazabQ
September 29, 2008, 12:24 PM
If y'all would stop posting that would fix things wouldn't it? Ask not what your mods can do for you but what _you_ can do for BC :)

WarWolf
September 29, 2008, 12:31 PM
If y'all would stop posting that would fix things wouldn't it? Ask not what your mods can do for you but what _you_ can do for BC :)
We will try to avoid posting in such threads. Yet a sub-forum would really be effective. Tai na Razab bhai?:-D

Umar
September 29, 2008, 12:34 PM
I am Happy that Nazimuddin is gone. He was only good for wasting a position!

BANFAN
September 29, 2008, 12:39 PM

Problem is that there are many who likes to post as well. like me. :)

But just don't like to see same 'Patriotic/un Patriotic' debate on every ICL thread. An ICL subforum could keep things healthy.

Nice Quote, but this is something which can be & has been over manipulated by some in BD. :)

But i don't mean BC, BC had been excellent so far IMO and am thinking how else I can do something for BC, other than dedicating my time to be part of the crowd. Seriously thinking. :hairpull:

Ehsan
September 29, 2008, 12:57 PM
Guys,

Forum quality has gone down in recent time. So, I appeal you to be watchful of our rules. Specifically in this thread, I am talking about A.1.5. Don't post meaningless one word or one emoticon posts.

A.1.5: Avoid posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or such.

- Mod

RazabQ
September 29, 2008, 01:04 PM
As myself:

On the topic at hand - let's not go overboard. SN, Aftab, Dhiman, and even Farhad were all serviceable cricketers who added to our bench strength.

Kabir
September 29, 2008, 02:23 PM
Guys,

Forum quality has gone down in recent time. So, I appeal you to be watchful of our rules. Specifically in this thread, I am talking about A.1.5. Don't post meaningless one word or one emoticon posts.

- Mod

If I can express my response to the thread in one word or one emoticon without being demeaning or insulting the member, why would my post be removed? It wasn't meaningless. One picture can tell a thousand words.

Ehsan
September 29, 2008, 02:37 PM
I have quotted the rule. I don't think I need to clarify it further. We expect better co-operation from a veteran like you. In match threads we are a bit lenient on this as you would know.

Kabir
September 29, 2008, 02:44 PM
I don't expect an explanation from you.

With the quality of the forum, the quality of moderation has also gone down. I don't blame you.

Ehsan
September 29, 2008, 02:51 PM
One word or one emoticon post was never allowed in the past.

The forum rules should explain everything to you. And we do not intend to modify from rules unless we feel so. Its on members to co-operate or not co-operate with mods and forum rules. We always look for co-operation from members, and only in rare cases we take measures to ensure members comply with the board rules.

- Mod

Green Tea
September 29, 2008, 03:08 PM
Everybody become touchy today. After 9 days we have a new series. I am sure we all enjoy this series.

Fazal
September 29, 2008, 03:20 PM
All dead woods are gone? Nah... you must be joking.

Because I still see a dead-wood captain in the team.

BANFAN
September 30, 2008, 02:42 PM
Wood has to be dead, or else it's a tree :)

Our Captain is still Mr. Clean EastWood for many Fans !! Still The Hero of BD Cricket :)

Fazal
September 30, 2008, 04:33 PM
Wood has to be dead, or else it's a tree :)

Our Captain is still Mr. Clean EastWood for many Fans !! Still The Hero of BD Cricket :)

Yes one way to say that....

But then again other people may say that "You need to be wood first to be dead"... weed doesn't make wood you know.