PDA

View Full Version : Indian vs Australia first test

Surfer
October 8, 2008, 01:18 PM
Clash of the champions. The T20 champions take on the ODI champions in the test format. Who will win the first test?

A few interesting things:
- Tendulkar closing on the world record
- Bhajji closing on 300 wickets
- Dada's last series
- One of the Aussie spinners will debut
- Ponting want to break his bad record on Indian soil and particularly against Bhajji

tonoy
October 8, 2008, 01:23 PM
Gonna be an interesting series. The aussie batting doesn't look that threatening for some apparent reason.

MohammedC
October 8, 2008, 01:35 PM
Australia all the way. But Sehwag will be the key factor, if he plays himself in Oz will be in big trouble.

Tigers_eye
October 8, 2008, 01:42 PM
I wish Pontings scores double golden ducks. He is worse than Bush. Bush believes he is right. Ponting knows he is not right yet pretends. Getting under umpires behind is not gentleman like. No Australian captain did that. And he is teaching Clarke all the wrong things of cricket in the name of "spirit of the game". Wouldn't matter to me on the test result as long as my wish is fulfilled. Although if my wish comes true Australia has no chance.

Zeeshan
October 8, 2008, 03:16 PM
I wish Pontings scores double golden ducks. He is worse than Bush. Bush believes he is right. Ponting knows he is not right yet pretends. Getting under umpires behind is not gentleman like. No Australian captain did that. And he is teaching Clarke all the wrong things of cricket in the name of "spirit of the game". Wouldn't matter to me on the test result as long as my wish is fulfilled. Although if my wish comes true Australia has no chance.

Tiger bhai, if you criticize Ponting, you hate cricket. :(

ialbd
October 8, 2008, 03:55 PM
it'll be a hard fought battle... and its India in India....

doesnt look like Aus will be winning this....

bharat
October 8, 2008, 03:55 PM
I fell flat on my face when I predicted that India would win against SL.India ran into Mendis the last time, not sure who they will run into this time around.

If the Aussies fail in this series, it will be a long journey downhill.India can saftely claim the credit of dislodging them (if not replacing them).But if India fails to dislodge them now, I see one more decade of Aussie dominance.There are chinks that are waiting to be exposed !! But will India be able to do that ?? I'd say probably not considering there meek surrender to one bolwer in SL.Its all in the head.The Fab 4 (5) at present are too busy fighting the demons in their head to conentrate on the Aussies.If Shewag ,Gambhir,Ishant,Bajji ,Dhoni and Zaheer provide a good start to the series then the Fab 4(5) might overcome their demons and play naturally.Else I see the same old intimidated players.

We need a captain like Ganguli (in the early 2000's not this Ganguli) or the present Dhoni to inspire the team.Kumble is not inspirational and lets things pass !!

Murad
October 8, 2008, 04:19 PM
Tough to say....the teams are well matched

JonBain
October 8, 2008, 08:24 PM
Draws, probably the whole series full of draws.
The game's rigged against the bowlers nowdays.
I hope to see some dust devil wickets, with no team able to get much past 200.

;-j

MysoreHuli
October 8, 2008, 10:09 PM
Tiger bhai, if you criticize Ponting, you hate cricket. :(

Pointing is no cricket. He's a cheat.

Surfer
October 8, 2008, 11:40 PM
Hayden gone early. Seems a bad decision from Rauf. Big blow for Australia.

Akib
October 9, 2008, 12:03 AM
This is getting interesting. Isn't hayden one of aussie's premier batsman against india (like he acutally plays well against them).

Sovik
October 9, 2008, 04:12 AM
36th hundred for ponting

Surfer
October 9, 2008, 04:23 AM
Superb stuff from Ponting there. He insisted that he needed to stand up this time and he did in style.

Whats bad is, it looks like another flat track. Unless Lee pulls something off, this is going to end as a two innings draw.

Sovik
October 9, 2008, 05:38 AM
harbhajan got his man again

One World
October 9, 2008, 06:12 AM
Congratz to Ponting, Good Job Harbho.

Surfer
October 9, 2008, 09:44 AM
Not bad first day. Advantage Asutralia, but not yet in the driving seat. It can go anywhere from here. Depends whether there is any turn in days 4 and 5.

Tigers_eye
October 9, 2008, 11:03 AM
With the winning of BD could not follow this match. Hopefully will be able to watch a little tonight. Didn't have much sleep last night so can't promise.

I dislike Ponting. This can only change if he admits his wrong doings. He is a fine player but I would not pay anything to watch him cheat I mean play.

BANFAN
October 10, 2008, 05:18 PM
It will be tough for any team to dominate the series. But I think Ind might have a better chance as they will have the advantage of conditions. This Aus team suddenly doesn't look as capable as they were looking a year ago.

Surfer
October 10, 2008, 09:49 PM
Interesting day ahead today. If India manages a lead, this match is wide open.

sbsash
October 10, 2008, 11:59 PM
I think Aus will win this match.

Tehsin
October 12, 2008, 12:49 AM
Wow, what a fightback from the Indian tail. Fifties from Bhajji and Zahir pulled India from 232 for 7 to 360. Should be an interesting fifth day.

Surfer
October 12, 2008, 02:07 AM
The Indian tail enders performance makes it a very interesting match. I am very keen to see where Australia would declare. How much they would consider a safe total? 300? 350? The higher the target, the less time India will have to bat out for a draw. And if the target is low, India will have a chance of winning. The problem for Australia is that if Sehwag gets stuck, he would wipe out even a target of 300 in half a day. Its going to be a very interesting 5th day indeed.

One World
October 12, 2008, 02:37 PM
But stakes are high for AUS.

cricman
October 12, 2008, 11:11 PM
Kumble drops Haddin 1st Ball on the 5th Day, He's having an Awful Series. It would be Awesome to see if one of the Seniors (Sachin, Ganguly, Dravid etc) can Top Up on the 4th Innings and Lead India to Victory .

They don't have mush time left in their Carrers

Ishant Bowls Watson!

cricman
October 12, 2008, 11:37 PM
299 for India to Win in 80 Overs, Ponting is Asking for trouble.

Lets go India!!!!

Murad
October 12, 2008, 11:55 PM
299 for India to Win in 80 Overs, Ponting is Asking for trouble.

Lets go India!!!!

No. Ponting has taken a good decision.

Its gonna rain anytime. Light is not looking good.

Looking forward to see a good score from Ganguly again.

cricman
October 13, 2008, 12:18 AM
hahaha @ Brett Lee Copying Shahadat

Interestingly, Lee has got a Shahadat-like grunt going

Murad
October 13, 2008, 12:27 AM
2 down already..

cricman
October 13, 2008, 12:29 AM
All of india is watching Sachin right now, So Much pressure on him to Save the Test and trying to to Break the Record.

Fab 4 all might be forced to retire by the end of the series