PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap Kapali!

enaner
October 15, 2008, 10:45 AM
Kapali hit 5 sixes and 11 fours with a strike rate of 166.66
and scored a 60 ball 100!!! money talks man .... money talks

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/icl2008/engine/current/match/371313.html

on the other hand, Shahriaf Nafees the big mouth is still useless and so is Nazimuddin HAHAHAHAHA

bharat
October 15, 2008, 11:24 AM
This was some serious batting, I watched this guy play today and became a fan of his! Man his innings was something !!! I watched his century against India in Pak and I though this guy could play. But play this well !! I was a batsmen myself and can pick up who is mindless slogger and who is a batsmen.This guy is a good batsman.

I retract my previous statements that BD did not loose a lot to the ICL, BD lost Kapali who could have easily become the best batsmen for BD.

uss01
October 15, 2008, 11:27 AM
This was the first 100 for ICL. So it's huge for the League as well not just for Bangladeshi fans :)

AsifTheManRahman
October 15, 2008, 11:46 AM
We have an ICL forum for a reason. This is the third thread that I'm having to move today.

Beamer
October 15, 2008, 11:49 AM
This was some serious batting, I watched this guy play today and became a fan of his! Man his innings was something !!! I watched his century against India in Pak and I though this guy could play. But play this well !! I was a batsmen myself and can pick up who is mindless slogger and who is a batsmen.This guy is a good batsman.

I retract my previous statements that BD did not loose a lot to the ICL, BD lost Kapali who could have easily become the best batsmen for BD.

What you just learned today, I knew a long time ago. He has that unquestioned ability, however, his problem is as with all BD players that he has no consistency whatsoever. Mentally he is weak also. Saying all that, he is a loss, simply because we lost some one who has the ability. Aftab is also another. Kapali could have been a good no.6 for us. He is pretty good at picking off the spinners operating in middle overs. He runs well, has the power and can accelerate when he wants to. Also, a top rate fielder.

Rabz
October 15, 2008, 12:42 PM
Ha ha ha....
ICL and a Bangladeshi makes history...!!
...none other than our very own Aloukik Pora-kopali.

Looks like his luck wasnt that pora this evening.

Simply superb innings. When he hits, he just keeps on some good clean hitting.

Bharat mate, best BD batsman?
Trust me, he wouldnt be.

We've seen this all before.....
( po ten tial BD batsmen)

auntu
October 15, 2008, 01:15 PM
yeah It was a great innings from him. I would have been more happy if it scored even Dhaka league.

Sovik
October 15, 2008, 02:31 PM
that was an amazing innings. he scored only 10 runs in his first 20 balls

Tokai
October 15, 2008, 03:32 PM
That one good thing ICL did for Bangladesh, got rid of junks like Kapali or Shahriar Nafis.

Kapali will, in subcontinental pitch have centuries, time to time, but the interval will be too high to keep him in a national team. For a national team, he is a total waste. ICL can have him. So is Nafis. He can only play against associates. I think beside aftab, they can have all of them that they got.

Baundule
October 15, 2008, 03:51 PM

IMO, you are not 100% rght. Kapali can play shots; but in Bangladesh there are batsmen who are more able than Kapali. Take Aftab for example.

Ability-wise (ability refers here to ability of playing shots), Ashraful is probably the best in the lot. He could use his ability, he could be very easily among the top 5 batsmen in the world. But in the field the character of the 'team' and not the ability of the players is translated into performance. A Bangladesh team seriously lacks professionalism. There are selection problems, problems in the planning of domestic cricket structure and all these things result in such diĀ“sasterous performances.

Playing as Dhaka Warriors is expected to do a lot good to BD cricket. Though they lost the first two matches (against two stronger sides), they did not play badly. I hope, the DW management will professionally handle the players to translate their abilities into performances.

Good work Kapali, good work DW. I want to see them winning from the next match.

Mahmood
October 15, 2008, 04:47 PM
Kapali was always considered the batsman who could become the best for Bangladesh. But like all promising players of Bangladesh, he sparked once in a blue moon. Time will tell if he is finally awake or not.

sadi
October 15, 2008, 06:21 PM
ar awake hoya lav ki...

knocked_up
October 15, 2008, 07:15 PM
yeah It was a great innings from him. I would have been more happy if it scored even Dhaka league.

then no one would have cared, now its a record

enaner
October 16, 2008, 07:58 AM
Shahriar Nafees the minnow thrasher ... who thought he was god or something ... SUCKED ... and i loved that ... cuz he was talking so much crap after signing ICL

Dhruvo
October 16, 2008, 09:11 PM
Grats Alok for your maiden ICL ton...only if it was for bangladesh....

Rifat
October 16, 2008, 09:27 PM
there's a reason why i admired him for a short time period ;) after ICL no more jugador favorito(fav player)

thebest
October 17, 2008, 01:30 PM
Only one thread. What happened to Kopali fan? and where is Rubu ?

bujhee kom
October 17, 2008, 04:26 PM
congrats alok kapali. you hit pretty good 6s!