PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Dhaka Warriors!

cric crazy
October 20, 2008, 03:34 PM
Just wanted to say thank you to all the players in the team for making us so proud today.

Hope this win is the first of many more and if you guys continue to play like you did in the last 2 games, you will surely change people's perception of Bangladeshi cricket.

For far too long, we have been suffering so much heartache and pain and all of us still continue to follow and support Bangladesh cricket through thick and thin.

So it feels really nice when you guys repay us with a win in such an exciting manner.

Lets hope the idiots around the world who have banned the ICL players come to their senses and reverse their selfish and moronic decisions.

And to all my brethrens, countrymen and fellow cricket supporters, please everyone, come to your senses and lets get behind the DHAKA WARRIORS and stop treating them like pariahs just because of some men in grey suits.

Because these players are in my opinion, nothing but HERO's who are making me proud to be a Bangladeshi.

THAN YOU once again Dhaka Warriors.

Shehwar
October 20, 2008, 04:10 PM
Yeah....Go Warriors....They were close to winning their 2nd match as well!...

auntu
October 20, 2008, 04:15 PM
[বাংলা]বিজয়ের এই ধারা বজায় থাকুক এই আমাদের শুভ কামনা[/বাংলা]

AsifTheManRahman
October 20, 2008, 04:19 PM
We need a "gangsta" theme song for the bad boys of Dhaka.

Zeeshan
October 20, 2008, 04:28 PM

You wanta piece of me by Britney Spears?

Ajfar
October 20, 2008, 09:28 PM

how abt sum Luda...
move b****...get out the way..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upaFKFfmkA

tonoy
October 20, 2008, 09:36 PM
how abt sum Luda...
move b****...get out the way..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2upaFKFfmkA

Thats not gangsta! Watcha doin showin sum wangsta s*** homie?...!!

NOw dis is wat im toukin bout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X39If8TyQGw

Peace Out.

cricket_pagol
October 20, 2008, 09:40 PM
Congrats to Dhaka warrior...

I think this is good news for cricket.
http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/icl2008/content/current/story/374752.html

Tehsin
October 20, 2008, 10:58 PM
I am happy that DW won. They won a LEAGUE/CLUB match against a reasonably strong team. I really don't see how this is a big deal. We have won ODIs against National teams with world class players. There was no doubt that DW would win a few matches in ICL. First of all, it is 20/20. Secondly, NONE of the current national or A team players of the host country play in this league. We basically have our A team playing against teams who have half their playing elevens made up off mediocre rejects from Indian domestic competitions. Unless they make it to the semis or get close enough, there is not much to rejoice here.

As far as individual performances go, brutal batting display from both Kapali and Nazim and Rafique is pure class.

I do continue to support the call to have ICL given recognition by BCCI and lift the ban (at least for domestic cricket) on these players.

(as a bd cricket fan)

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 02:57 AM
by the way, amader orthat dhaka warriors der boro dui orjon holo auntu aar hoodlum er amader bipokhkho shibir tyag kore amader shibir e join kora. eitao ek rokom icl, hehe

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 03:01 AM
shara jibon harte harte amader dofa rofa. kono mote ekta win dilo dw aar tehsin bhai bole "eto furtir kissu nai.". bd abar hoito 2012 e giye arekta match jitbe. totodin amra boshe boshe shudhu kadbo naki? at least dhaka warriors kichhu furtir upolokhkho ene dilo.

cric crazy
October 21, 2008, 03:35 AM
shara jibon harte harte amader dofa rofa. kono mote ekta win dilo dw aar tehsin bhai bole "eto furtir kissu nai.". bd abar hoito 2012 e giye arekta match jitbe. totodin amra boshe boshe shudhu kadbo naki? at least dhaka warriors kichhu furtir upolokhkho ene dilo.

Bhai shaheb, amar are kisu bolar nai, apne kintu amar moner shob kotha bole dilen.:big_hug:

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 03:53 AM
no problem cric crazy, milao hat.

mashrafe icl e gele amra icl jittam. keu mashrafe er mobile no janen?

Shehwar
October 21, 2008, 03:55 AM
Shabash Bangali!

Tehsin
October 21, 2008, 10:27 AM
Ash baba NZ er haat e first test ta dhoriye dilo to make your point. OK, it wasn't just Ash's fault that we lost the match but you get the point.

I'll join you guys when they make it to the Semis. Celebrating mediocrity? Sure, why not. Here's the stats page for ICl and you can count off the quality players. Besides, not many people outside of India (maybe BD and Pak) care about the ICL (the only reason I am even talking about it is cause of DW). A win here is the same as Abahani winning against MSC or vice versa. Not sure how this effects BD cricket. :)

Tehsin
October 21, 2008, 10:32 AM
Wait, you are willing to sacrifice the Bangladesh national team's bowling strenght to win a club championship in a 20/20 cricket ? You do realize that Masri going to ICL ATM would mean he would be banned to play for Bangladesh. This is rather disturbing.

no problem cric crazy, milao hat.

mashrafe icl e gele amra icl jittam. keu mashrafe er mobile no janen?

cric crazy
October 21, 2008, 01:15 PM
i am sure ikthiander bhai is only joking about Mash, but come on Tehsin bhai, look at the bigger picture.

Even though it is a league game, it is being watched by millions and millions of people around the world and when you see the warriors perform like the way they have in the last 2 matches, you cannot but help feel so proud to be a bangladeshi.

To be honest, I dont care who, when or where is playing.

All I care is that they are wearing green and red and play well and bring pride and respect to the motherland. :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Come on WARRIORS, come on BANGLADESH.

auntu
October 21, 2008, 01:59 PM
I've some questions:

1. Where are D_W players r staying? (state,hotel/dorm)
2. Where r they doing their Practice?
3. Is Sandhu (the Coach) really plays any part in the team?
4. How SN put so many fat on his body?

Tehsin
October 21, 2008, 02:42 PM
I understand your point completely. I do wish them well and hope that they will keep on winning. Not at the expense of our National team though.

As for millions watching. Yep, DW doing well in ICL will probably help the Cricket image of BD improve in the eyes of millions of Desi (BD, India, Pak, and maybe SL, that's about it) folks who are used to negative reports from cricinfo and their own local media.

As for pride in beating a team that had bowlers like SUDHINDRA, SRIVASTAVA, MURTAZA, YADAV, and BALI (with SHANE BOND being the only one that counts for anything) and had a batting line that included only THREE batsmen of ODI experience (NIXON, ATAPATTU, GUNAWARDENE). Naaah. Happiness? YES. Pride? Not really.

I could lower my standards and expectations and be proud but that'll be looking backwards, we've already beaten all but two of the ODI teams, club match wins against mostly no name players don't do it for me. Let them win a few games and make it to the semifinals and then I'll join the bandwagon.

Cheers!

i am sure ikthiander bhai is only joking about Mash, but come on Tehsin bhai, look at the bigger picture.

Even though it is a league game, it is being watched by millions and millions of people around the world and when you see the warriors perform like the way they have in the last 2 matches, you cannot but help feel so proud to be a bangladeshi.

To be honest, I dont care who, when or where is playing.

All I care is that they are wearing green and red and play well and bring pride and respect to the motherland. :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

Come on WARRIORS, come on BANGLADESH.

Tehsin
October 21, 2008, 02:44 PM
Don't they have an actual ICL website. There could be some info there. I doubt it'll have the kind of details you are looking for.

I've some questions:

1. Where are D_W players r staying? (state,hotel/dorm)
2. Where r they doing their Practice?
3. Is Sandhu (the Coach) really plays any part in the team?
4. How SN put so many fat on his body?

One World
October 21, 2008, 11:02 PM
<TABLE class=editorialTable3><THEAD><TR class=head><TH class=left>Team</TH><TH width=40>Mat</TH><TH width=40>Won</TH><TH width=40>Lost</TH><TH width=40>Tied</TH><TH width=40>N/R</TH><TH width=40>Pts</TH><TH>Net RR</TH><TH>For</TH><TH>Against</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=row1><TD class=left>Bengal </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>+1.124</TD><TD>481/57.4</TD><TD>433/60.0</TD></TR><TR class=row2><TD class=left>Chennai </TD><TD>4</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>+0.886</TD><TD>605/74.0</TD><TD>554/76.0</TD></TR><TR class=row1><TD class=left>Chandigarh Lions </TD><TD>2</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>+0.313</TD><TD>300/39.4</TD><TD>290/40.0</TD></TR><TR class=row2><TD class=left>Hyderabad Heroes </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>+0.123</TD><TD>361/45.4</TD><TD>358/46.0</TD></TR><TR class=row1><TD class=left>Dhaka Warriors </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>+0.593</TD><TD>484/60.0</TD><TD>431/57.4</TD></TR><TR class=row2><TD class=left>Lahore Badshahs </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-0.079</TD><TD>305/46.0</TD><TD>293/43.4</TD></TR><TR class=row1><TD class=left>Ahmedabad </TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-0.726</TD><TD>497/72.4</TD><TD>575/76.0</TD></TR><TR class=row2><TD class=left>Delhi Giants </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>-1.400</TD><TD>415/60.0</TD><TD>499/60.0</TD></TR><TR class=row1><TD class=left>Mumbai Champs </TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>-0.725</TD><TD>423/60.0</TD><TD>438/56.2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Yeah!

BANFAN
October 24, 2008, 06:30 AM
Hope they can keep winning in the upcoming games.

Congrats DW !!

thebest
October 24, 2008, 07:14 AM
thank you for taking the losers Nafees, Dhiman, Nazimuddin, Taposh, Kopali. Now do us another favor take out A$$thefool

BANFAN
October 24, 2008, 07:32 AM
thank you for taking the losers Nafees, Dhiman, Nazimuddin, Taposh, Kopali. Now do us another favor take out A$$thefool

That will be a huge loss for BD, we will be stranded like a boat without the boatman. :)

Baundule
October 24, 2008, 08:03 AM
Ashraful will be good batsman for T20. With so many shots in disposal, he is a perfect fit for shorter version of the game. I hope, he can play in the IPL (not telling ICL).

cricket_pagol
October 24, 2008, 09:21 AM
Talking to my family in Bangladesh, many people are following the ICL, since the Dhaka warriors are doing well. Everybody loves a winner!!!

BANFAN
October 25, 2008, 06:43 AM
Talking to my family in Bangladesh, many people are following the ICL, since the Dhaka warriors are doing well. Everybody loves a winner!!!

I'f they win a couple of matches, 140 million will watch ICL, leaving the National team even, if the keep losing.

Only the hardcore will watch both, wheather they win or lose.

Tehsin
October 25, 2008, 01:52 PM
IF they keep on winning, they will get a strong following. This is their first year and they'll get better next year. What I hope this will do is once people start following these guys they will want to see them play in Bangladesh and for Bangladesh and put pressure on BCB to lift the ban. That will be fabulous. I'd like to get Kapali back and maybe Dhiman and Aftab has more to offer to the national team. Plus, if there is no fear of a ban on ICL players, DW can actually get good pacers in the team.

Pundit
October 25, 2008, 06:45 PM
IF they keep on winning, they will get a strong following. This is their first year and they'll get better next year. What I hope this will do is once people start following these guys they will want to see them play in Bangladesh and for Bangladesh and put pressure on BCB to lift the ban. That will be fabulous. I'd like to get Kapali back and maybe Dhiman and Aftab has more to offer to the national team. Plus, if there is no fear of a ban on ICL players, DW can actually get good pacers in the team.

While in your heart you want the best, expecting them to do well for BD is very misplaced.

They never played well before, and after this sword fight called 20/20, they will suck more...unless ofcourse they play just that for BD.

And even so, not more than 2 players from the current DW team will be able to make it into a BD 20/20 team.

Pundit
October 25, 2008, 06:48 PM
Most of the DW players were born losers, and they are just continuing to prove that.

They played poorly for BD
They gave up there right to play for BD
They have won 1/4 games so far in the ICL

..HOPEFULLY THOUGH, THEY WILL BEAT ONE MORE TEAM BESIDES bOMBAY BEFORE THE TOURNEY IS OVER.

cric crazy
October 26, 2008, 03:02 AM
Then I suppose you can say the same for the national team players as well because I dont see any winners there eighther, at least no better than kapali, Aftab or Rafiq.

Although the Warriors have only won 1 out of 4, the matches have been extremely exciting to watch and had it not been for the lack of some quality pacers, the Warriors would have been a very formidable team.

One World
October 26, 2008, 05:14 AM
I find inclusion of Sharif was a big mistake.
I am not really familiar of Karim but in this condition even
Anis or Shanto could do better than MSharif IMHO.

Pundit
October 26, 2008, 03:58 PM
Then I suppose you can say the same for the national team players as well because I dont see any winners there eighther, at least no better than kapali, Aftab or Rafiq.

Although the Warriors have only won 1 out of 4, the matches have been extremely exciting to watch and had it not been for the lack of some quality pacers, the Warriors would have been a very formidable team.

That's why I said most of the players, and not all.

Rafiq is in a class of his own, asnd so is Bashar. They have done more for the national team (where the going gets tough).

Aftab and Kapali are borderline cases.

The rest are what I have called them.

Pundit
October 26, 2008, 03:59 PM

In any 20/20 tourney, or in a game under this format, the spread will be very tight. And that will deceive many, like yourself.

One World
October 26, 2008, 04:46 PM
http://stats.cricinfo.com/icl2008/engine/records/bowling/most_wickets_career.html?id=4707;type=tournament

This list will tell you the situation of our bowlers. Bashar aptly said,

"The bowlers need time to settle. They will come back harder and they all are playing after a long time"
Although I doubt it for any of the pacers.

cric crazy
October 27, 2008, 01:32 AM
In any 20/20 tourney, or in a game under this format, the spread will be very tight. And that will deceive many, like yourself.

Not sure if you have been watching the matches, because if you have, you will have seen our batting to be quite a revelation.

It's very rare for any bangladeshi batsmen to play consistently, but here it has been the exception.

In each match, some one has contributed with the bat and Kapali seems to be in a different league of his own.

Although its only a twenty20 competition, Kapali has not been just slogging, but playing the kind of shots which only a few world class players can. He is definatly playing in the "zone"

When you see your national team lose in pathetic manner day in day out, you cannot help but start to feel of a lesser kind.

And then when you suddenly see that these same crop of players are giving teams a run for their money, you start to to believe that maybe, just maybe we CAN be as good as the big boys one day.

If you had been listening to commentators and expert in the ICL, you will have seen and heard that the Dhaka Warriors were not being being taken seriously at all and were just seen and talked about as just another "Bangladeshi" team. Another laughing stock.

Commentators were being very harsh and critical about their approach and mindsets and what not.But since the 2nd match, all that has changed and the Warriors are being taken seriously.

They are being feared and RESPECTED.

And at this moment in time, if any players can bring some respect to the motherland and at the same time provide quality entertainment to millions of people around the world, then I find it hard to believe that there are people still out there who are willing to knock them.

Look at reality and give credit where credit is due.

Pundit
October 27, 2008, 11:10 AM
When you see your national team lose in pathetic manner day in day out, you cannot help but start to feel of a lesser kind.

[Admin comment: Please maintain decorum in your tête-à-tête. Be cognizant of the forum rules on civility in discourse. Please refrain from personal attacks]

The BD team did do well in the 20/20 WC, thank you very much.

And the DW players, barring Bashar and Rafiq were miserable failures in all other forms of REAL cricket.

Pundit
October 27, 2008, 11:13 AM
Oh one thing dude, we love or hate Kapali regardless of whether he is a Shyleti.

I think you are taking your district affiliation with him too seriously.

Remember, desh comes before jela. If that's not your feeling, we can help facilitate your settlement in Tripura.

cric crazy
October 27, 2008, 03:19 PM
[Admin comment: Please maintain decorum in your tête-à-tête. Be cognizant of the forum rules on civility in discourse. Please refrain from personal attacks]

Pundit
October 27, 2008, 06:54 PM
Dhora khei eto kotha.

cric crazy
October 28, 2008, 04:23 AM
Thank You admin for trying to maintain the standard of civility in this forum which I do not feel that I have violated.

I think it is only fair that I am given the opportunity to defend my right to have my affiliation with where ever I please and that I do not need any Tom Dick or Harry to tell me otherwise.

If they have any problems with that then TOUGH.

Pundit
October 28, 2008, 06:19 AM
Back to the topic though....

we need a new contest, Dhaka Mirzafors vs. BD Natl team.

Pundit
October 28, 2008, 06:43 AM

The BD team did do well in the 20/20 WC, thank you very much.

And the DW players, barring Bashar and Rafiq were miserable failures in all other forms of REAL cricket.

I am quite confounded by this Z bhai. You could have asked for a stop to this exchange instead of censoring me as wll for the sake of balance. All that was mentioned was in reference to the other writers strong sense of emotion around the player and his home.

I was in general going about expressing my opinion, which happened to be different from the spirit of this thread opener, before being mauled by him, and that too under the Union Jack? What audacity.

Ishtylish cricketer
October 28, 2008, 07:11 AM
Cric Crazy, Pundit may or may not like Kapali that's his opinion. Pundit's entitled to his opinion. Where were you when Kapali was struggling? Sohel NR the CEO of Kapali fans and few others including myself were the only ones backing him during his lows. Sylheti mamu, Alok might score a duck next game and then your pride and hopes for him will come crushing down. Just feel proud of him as a Bangladeshi. Pundit, with some of you calling them traitors, for no particularly good reason is harsh.

BanCricFan
October 28, 2008, 07:30 AM
Thank You admin for trying to maintain the standard of civility in this forum which I do not feel that I have violated.

I think it is only fair that I am given the opportunity to defend my right to have my affiliation with where ever I please and that I do not need any Tom Dick or Harry to tell me otherwise.

cric crazy,
We all love BD Nat. players regardless of whichever districts they may come from. I admire Kapali because he is a brilliant player and not because he hails from any particular district. Although, as a fellow "Sylheti" (I was born there) it feels great when he or any other (Sylheti) players do well. I suppose, this is very natural. Likewise, I feel great when Ashdafool plays well.

Love or regards for ones region or birthplace is healthy, desirable and a praiseworthy trait. But fanatical regionalism, tribalism and nationalism are for tunnel-vissioned people. We all share the same country- same planet! Allah's mercy pervades all the regions and all the lands. Our common humanity is much more important than which land we come from -unless- its Mars, of course. :big_hug:

Pundit,
I'm surprised a veteran like you got wind up so easily!

cric crazy
October 28, 2008, 08:29 AM
Gentlemen, please explain where I said anything to Pundit because he said something bad about Kapali.

He is being rude to me simply because I wrote "Sylheti Kapali" to be my favourite player.

There are lots of posts in this forum where members have gloated that certain players are from where they are from i.e Aftab and Tamim from Chittagong.

I did not see anyone being rude to them and why should they?

Pundit
October 28, 2008, 08:55 AM
Istylish Cricketer - Yes indeed, calling DW is harsh. Maybe its the point that matters more - leaving your infant country (cricketing sense) behind, when it needs you the most.

Bancricfan - winded up, maybe so too. But I am just writing, at the end that's what it is only.

Cric crazy - that chittagonian tamim is my favorite player. Is that rude? I am not from cgong even.

Another guy had got on my case as well with Shariar Nafees. That too before he left for the ICL. Looks like we love our players for the wrong reasons, sometimes.

cric crazy
October 28, 2008, 08:56 AM
Please read post 36 and tell me if I have stated anything which warranted the rude remarks that were made by Pundit which have been deleted since then by the Admin.

I was not upset with Pundit because he said something solely about Kapali.

I was just trying to stick up for the Dhaka Warriors and used Kapali as an example in the context of the argument.

It had nothing to do with the fact that he is from Sylhet.

BanCricFan
October 28, 2008, 09:27 AM
Cric crazy,
I have read your post #36 and you have made a very good point. But I find your "sylheti Kapali" tag not to be in good taste. This may create unnecessary 'regionalist' hostilities and therefore, Its NOT cricket!

I, generally, find your posts to be a good read. :-)

Mahmood
October 28, 2008, 09:27 AM
I am real happy they won at least 2 matches, they did not embarrass us like our national team does.

Well done boys!

BanCricFan
October 28, 2008, 09:29 AM
I am real happy they won at least 2 matches, they did not embarrass us like our national team does.

Well done boys!

Yeah, lets hope they make it to the semis!

cric crazy
October 28, 2008, 09:44 AM
Cric crazy,
I have read your post #36 and you have made a very good point. But I find your "sylheti Kapali" tag not to be in good taste. This may create unnecessary 'regionalist' hostilities and therefore, Its NOT cricket!

I, generally, find your posts to be a good read. :-)

Thank you for your kind words and thank you for understanding my point of view.

Now you can perhaps understand why I am totally and utterly dumbfounded to be accused of the things that I have been accused of.

I don't care which player comes from where, all I care is that they perform well and bring pride to the name Bangladesh.

For God'd sake, I was not even born there, but I am proud that my ancesters are from there and I am proud of my roots and that gives me reason enough to derive immense pleasure when a Bangladeshi team wins anything whether it's its in the colours of the Dhaka Warriors or the national team.

Pundit has got the wrong end of the stick.

Pundit
October 28, 2008, 09:59 AM
Cric Crazy - Derive as much pleasure as you may from whatever it is, but just refrain from getting upset if I denounce the DW team or/and some of its players for whatever reason it may be.

And if you are from Sylhet, and I draw a correlation between it and Kapali, that is not an accusation.

And stop trying to bag friends here out of an expectation that they will abet you in your argument.

My continuing opinion though...BD natl team before all else.

Rajputra, I am dissapointed with you. But if that makes you happy....

...so be it. A crude analogy is if our soldiers deserted to the Pakistan army and performed all too well in gunning us down.

Pundit
October 28, 2008, 10:08 AM

Well done boys!

You live in too much in shame. How have you felt all these years that we have lost in other forms of sports, including cricket?

Our natl team plays a considerably more difficult form of cricket and against far superior opponents.

Anyway, like I already mentioned to the thread opener, its atleast good that you feel so.

cric crazy
October 28, 2008, 10:16 AM
I genuinly do not think that you have any comprehension of what I have said or am saying here.

All I will say is that you denounce any team you like, as often you like, but do not take other people's opinions out of context and most important of all, refrain from making threats that you cannot carry out.

rubel_18
October 28, 2008, 11:56 AM
...so be it. A crude analogy is if our soldiers deserted to the Pakistan army and performed all too well in gunning us down.

Well that analogy is out of context cos these players will not hav any effect on the national team after they left infact it has helpe the BD national team as they were deadwood so how can u compare it to joinin Pak army and shooting ur own ppl, its a pretty bad analogy.

Pundit
October 28, 2008, 12:20 PM
I genuinly do not think that you have any comprehension of what I have said or am saying here.

All I will say is that you denounce any team you like, as often you like, but do not take other people's opinions out of context and most important of all, refrain from making threats that you cannot carry out.

Threats?

Denounce any team I like?

Other people's opinion out of context?

The last one I agree..If you had kept your cool and not kept on adding different contexts to your original attack, then probably I would have had better comprehension.

Pundit
October 28, 2008, 12:23 PM
Well that analogy is out of context cos these players will not hav any effect on the national team after they left infact it has helpe the BD national team as they were deadwood so how can u compare it to joinin Pak army and shooting ur own ppl, its a pretty bad analogy.

Out of context, perhaps not. But maybe ill placed.

The fact that BD is doing "better" has only become evident after the NZ series began, but going into it, there were genuine concerns, especially for having lost one or two players.

cric crazy
October 28, 2008, 12:30 PM
I suggest you call it a day, because you seem to have totally lost it.

Pundit
October 28, 2008, 12:31 PM
I suggest you call it a day, because you seem to have totally lost it.

I think you ought to do so, its late in the day where you are.

cric crazy
October 28, 2008, 12:37 PM
just come home, getting ready to eat some Sylhety footki sheera.

How about you?

bujhee kom
October 28, 2008, 05:00 PM
just come home, getting ready to eat some Sylhety footki sheera.
How about you?
i tasted it before, wooow, totally out of this world! very very tasty!:-|

Green Tea
October 28, 2008, 05:18 PM
Dhiman Ghosh is suspended for one match in ICL.
read more here (http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTI0Njcz&mid=OA==).

Zunaid
October 28, 2008, 08:34 PM

Tough it is then.

One World
October 28, 2008, 09:07 PM
Guys there is a Pole going on in ICL website (http://www.indiancricketleague.in/). Dhaka is trailing by 4% right after Lohore as these two are miles ahead of the other contender Chennai. But you should know first Lahore recorded a record 17 ball 50 in opening partnerships which later got broken by Chennai openers. But still people got enough respect for NU-SN pair.

bujhee kom
October 30, 2008, 05:13 PM
read more here (http://www.prothom-alo.com/mcat.news.details.php?nid=MTI0Njcz&mid=OA==).

nasif bhai, the paper didn't explain why! they said that the reason is still unknown!
not clear at all.... oh well bro, let us know if you find out more on this!

cric crazy
October 31, 2008, 03:31 PM
Thank you Dhaka warriors for a fantastic match
Thank you for the fantastic results
Thank you for the excitement
Thank you for breaking the norm and not turning out to be chokers
Thank you for bringing some respect to Bangladesh
Thank you, thank you thank you.

bdchamp20
October 31, 2008, 03:36 PM
How come he played today?

cric crazy
November 3, 2008, 12:44 PM
Thank You NAZIM UDDIN
Thank you KARIM
Thank you RAFIQUE

THANK YOU DHAKA WARRIORS

istiak
November 4, 2008, 05:02 AM
Fantastic win for DW...........

cric crazy
November 25, 2008, 12:59 PM
Thank you icl BANGLADESH
Thank you Shahriar Nafees
Thank you Kapali
Thank you boys

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

PlanetPak
November 25, 2008, 01:01 PM
BD boys have played some fantastic cricket here.

AsifTheManRahman
November 25, 2008, 01:12 PM
I hope this win has changed the way of thinking of those who don't seem to understand the game of cricket all that much. If you were criticizing Shahriar Nafees for being a slow starter on Sunday and today and several times before, that should change today. In fact, I'm sure everyone would agree that he and Alok are the only ones in the team that know how to approach a target. Aftab's bangs and Nazim's booms would have meant nothing if we didn't have these two level heads in the XI.

cricman
November 25, 2008, 01:16 PM
I hope this win has changed the way of thinking of those who don't seem to understand the game of cricket all that much. If you were criticizing Shahriar Nafees for being a slow starter on Sunday and today and several times before, that should change today. In fact, I'm sure everyone would agree that he and Alok are the only ones in the team that know how to approach a target. Aftab's bangs and Nazim's booms would have meant nothing if we didn't have these two level heads in the XI.

He couldn't hit Rana Naved for his life for the DW/LB game, granted I didn't watch/follow Sunday vs ICL World but this style of batting in 20/20 is very risky, You put more pressure on the rest to score at a Higher Rate, if he doesn't get that life we lose and than you look at a good 15-25 balls that SN wasted.

AsifTheManRahman
November 25, 2008, 01:20 PM
He couldn't hit Rana Naved for his life for the DW/LB game, granted I didn't watch/follow Sunday vs ICL World but this style of batting in 20/20 is very risky, You put more pressure on the rest to score at a Higher Rate, if he doesn't get that life we lose and than you look at a good 15-25 balls that SN wasted.Well he seems to have his own way of making up for dot balls, doesn't he? Most people hit well when they have settled down. Besides, why slog when you are well above the RRR?

cricman
November 25, 2008, 01:33 PM
Well he seems to have his own way of making up for dot balls, doesn't he? Most people hit well when they have settled down. Besides, why slog when you are well above the RRR?

He the best Bangladeshi Player of Spin & Handles Medium Pacers very well I always thought he should bat lower when he played for the Nati0onal Team he's handled Saqlain and Warne with ease.

It's very obvious a Bangladeshi XI, Could do Great Things, theres not one player who I in that XI that I could say isn't ready for International Cricket

Tamim
Aftab (DW Coach has a Brain)
Raqibul
SN
Ash
Saqibul
Naeem
Mushifiq
Masri
Razzak
Rasel

Tehsin
November 25, 2008, 01:37 PM
SN plays the PERFECT foil to Nazim (booms, is it?), Aftab (bang, eh?), and Kapali (class). They make up the FAB FOUR (that's what they are calling the BD top four) and SN plays the glue. Yes, you gotta hit the fours ans sixes but you still have to score those 1s and 2s and keep the team in contention. plus, he has a good head on his shoulder, he proved that he knows HWO TO FINISH the job, the big problem with DW or BD teams. There is a lot of FLASH but not the results.

Tehsin
November 25, 2008, 01:38 PM
URm.... no Kapali?

He the best Bangladeshi Player of Spin & Handles Medium Pacers very well I always thought he should bat lower when he played for the Nati0onal Team he's handled Saqlain and Warne with ease.

It's very obvious a Bangladeshi XI, Could do Great Things, theres not one player who I in that XI that I could say isn't ready for International Cricket

Tamim
Aftab (DW Coach has a Brain)
Raqibul
SN
Ash
Saqibul
Naeem
Mushifiq
Masri
Razzak
Rasel

AsifTheManRahman
November 25, 2008, 01:45 PM
URm.... no Kapali?
Heh. Who gets the chop? Nayeem?

cricman
November 25, 2008, 01:49 PM
URm.... no Kapali?
D'oh!

You could replace him with Naeem, Ollie is a better Spinner and better Hand Eye when Batting.

The Team I posted (with Kapali) would get Steam rolled in the Tests but would have Won the 20/20 and the 1st ODI + Would have laid a very good foundation that Imrul and Juniad couldn't do in the 2nd ODI for our 1st 300+ Score

Perfect Mix of Brains and Stupidity/Guts (You need a little of it)

bdchamp20
November 25, 2008, 02:23 PM
SN, Ollie and Rubel can make the current Test team

SN, Aftab, Ollie, Dhiman can make the ODI team

SN, Aftab, Ollie, Nazim, Dhiman and Mosharraf can make the T20I team.

cricket_pagol
November 25, 2008, 02:42 PM
After watching SN steer the team towards victory today, i strongly feel that we need players like him in the national team.

cricman
November 25, 2008, 03:11 PM
Pundit got Banned?

RazabQ
November 25, 2008, 04:44 PM
cricman where you been? :) Yeah well SN was the one guy I was most bummed about leaving for ICL.