PDA

View Full Version : Again ICL....Tamim Possibly Gone

Morpheous
October 20, 2008, 06:30 PM
Just read a news in amardeshbd.com. ICL offered Tamim 9 Lakh Dollar(6 Cr 30 Taka) and Tamim Iqbal was about to Join but some just before 1st test some how Gazi Ashraf Lipu stopped it.....and ICL got other Upcoming good cricketers in radar.

I dont know how BCB can stop them

http://www.amardeshbd.com/dailynews/sub_section.php?issueID=947&sub_section_id=8&NewsID=196883&NewsType=bistarito

sbsash
October 20, 2008, 06:32 PM
Good thing Tamim is not gone or we would be in trouble.

WarWolf
October 20, 2008, 06:45 PM
Brothers do you know that there is a sub-forum called ICL? Why keep on posting in the main BC section?

BTW, I think we need to stop "chile kaan nia gese bole chiler pechone dourano". After reading the interview of Akram Khan in Prothom-Alo, I am sure none of his family members would go to play in the ICL. It would be a matter of great prestige for him after that interview.

scoilaheez
October 20, 2008, 07:07 PM
NEEVVERRR!! Luckily, it was stopped, we would be dead as a cricketing team if either of Tamim, Mash or Sakib left. Seriously, we are soo fortunate that BCB stepped in. It shows how badly we need the icl to fail and the dhaka warriors to be dispanded coz they are gonna keep targeting all our quality young stars until they get them.

BD Tigers
October 20, 2008, 07:55 PM
dont worry, ICL and IPL will merge soon and all the ban will be lifted.

Fazal
October 20, 2008, 08:12 PM
.... rumors are flying like crazy...6 Cr to Tamim. 20 cr to Ash, 15 Cr, to Mashrafee... looks like taka is really "haater moila". Thats why are words like 'fantasy' on one side and 'reality' on other side.

I wish in real life money floats like that.

sunny747
October 20, 2008, 09:22 PM
amerdesh is not a reliable source.

One World
October 20, 2008, 10:21 PM
DW does not need TI for this season. What they needed a good pace man which they already found in that Ripon guy. But does TI have offer from any other team? That would be prestigeous.

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 03:05 AM
dw er opening bd national er chaite bhalo emnitei, kintu tamim gele moja barto. akram bhai jete dichchhe na naki abar. jai hok khwaja hotel (akram bhai der dokan) er shingara super duper moja.

shabbir
October 21, 2008, 03:30 AM
bangladesh shouldn't play any more international cricket.only play in Icl.if Tamim,Mushrafee n sakib go and play in the Icl,BCBshould inform ICC not to arrange any for international cricket

Rabz
October 21, 2008, 04:40 AM
Fazal has said it all.

BANFAN
October 21, 2008, 07:53 AM
Is that the reason of such poor performance by Tamim in this series?

Let them go who ever likes to go, what's the problem. How many ICL can take?
Most importantly, the boys who will be left, will be dedicated & motivated to perform.
If someone is convinced to join ICL, his priorities have shifted from pride to $. He can never be 100% motivated to peform for pride only. What's the use of having an under performing talent? Rather set him free, let him flourish with all his priorities.

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 08:00 AM
yay, tamim ashle darun hobe. nafees iqbal ashle aro fatafati

shabbir
October 21, 2008, 08:46 AM
guys good news. Tamim and Mash are notgoing to ICL.They cleared in a press conference after chittagong Test.Tamim confirmed he offered by the ICL agent,amount was 900000$.But the way replied to the reporter that was really great.He said he loved his country.He and his family has enough money.he does not want more money.Bravo man he got some character

ialbd
October 21, 2008, 10:33 AM
....He and his family has enough money....

thats what I thought too. Although 6 crore is a significant amount, you dont need so much money if you are after respect and love from fans and countrymen. I knew Akram Khan and the Khan family is quite well off with all their businesses and properties, it doesnt quite make sense for tamim to go after just money.

on a very different note, was watching some icl highlights on youtube yesterday, shala aftab was giving interview in hindi. it really pissed me off and i just stopped watching the video (it was kapali's 100 video i think). and they were saying they are representing Bangladesh through ICL.... characterless er dol....

auntu
October 21, 2008, 02:13 PM
[বাংলা]ফালতু আওয়াজ[/বাংলা]

Rabz
October 22, 2008, 12:41 PM
ICL is feeding on Dhaka and lahore.
have you seen the other teams?
All retired has-beens and C -Grade local players.

They need to make as much noise as they can with these 2 teams.

Btw, except DW ( Thank God), all the jerseys are plain simple chanachur walas.
Who'd take it seriously?

Zeeshan
October 22, 2008, 01:58 PM
judging by the recent performances of dhaka warriors now i dont care....

at least ICL gave guys like Kapali, Nazim, Nafees to play freely their natural game and experiment instead of adhering to some rigid Siddonsian rule....

we should have two pronged attack. instead of banning these players, let them go to ICL and do their thang and after that we can combine a squad full of both natural aggressive batsmen and disciplined, ultra perfectionist siddonsian batsmen adjusting the just amount of ratios....

yes i admit i was wrong to judge their decision to join ICL but the bludgeonings of Nazim and Kapali is prompting a volte-face

bossman111
October 23, 2008, 05:16 AM
If guys like Nazim and Sharif dominate you know this is a poor standard of cricket.

auntu
October 23, 2008, 06:44 AM
if guys like nazim and sharif dominate you know this is a poor standard of cricket.

[বাংলা]হতেই হবে এক দংগল রিটায়ার্ড ও সেমি-রিটায়ার্ড প্লেয়ারের বিরুদ্ধে তো তাই হবার কথা[/বাংলা]

mahbubH
October 23, 2008, 07:17 AM
These days when I try to relate someone from BD with Azzu bhai and Salim bhai, the face HaBa becomes prominant.... Utpal Suvra always finds something similat between Azzu bhai and HaBa in cricket field.. they did something similar off the field too...

Baundule
October 23, 2008, 08:37 AM
These days when I try to relate someone from BD with Azzu bhai and Salim bhai, the face HaBa becomes prominant.... Utpal Suvra always finds something similat between Azzu bhai and HaBa in cricket field.. they did something similar off the field too...

This is pure ridiculous. You have all the right not to like HaBa; I did not like him either as a Captain. But off the field, he is a gentleman. You can not stereotype him belonging to the same class of some match-fixers.

Joining the ICL, they did not do anything wrong. BCB should first clarify why it does not allow players to play for the ICL. Officially, ICC did not ban ICL and boards are free to have their individual stance. So, joining the ICL is not a crime. They do not even restrict players from playing for their countries. So, in that case you can not blame someone for playing there.

BANFAN
October 23, 2008, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by bossman111
if guys like nazim and sharif dominate you know this is a poor standard of cricket.
[বাংলা]হতেই হবে এক দংগল রিটায়ার্ড ও সেমি-রিটায়ার্ড প্লেয়ারের বিরুদ্ধে তো তাই হবার কথা[/বাংলা]

Look, Nazim hit those sixes against Bond, I don't think he (Bond) is in any one of those catagories. Most of the Indian players are talented young boys, many of them would have made it to national team if they continued in the main stream.

You may not like ICL, but such generalization doesn't give good impression on one's self. ICL is & will remain what it is, we can neither raise nor lower it's profile by such generalization. It is much higher than our domestic ciruit atleast, how many can do that in our domestic tournaments? Let's give the credits to them for what they did, man.

sunny747
October 23, 2008, 11:05 PM
Banfan, good one.
i literally wait for dhaka warrior match. i'm loving it. Their batting and fielding it is great. I think our national team will lose to this team for sure.
Nazim was covered by bangladesh flag on a post match interview. it was very nice.