PDA

View Full Version : Highlights:Dhoka Warrior Win

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 05:18 AM
Hi,

This is my first thread. It goes out to all the people who have previously so generously provided us with links,pictures,scores etc so that we can follow Bangladesh's cricket. Thanks alot.

Like yourselves I am disappointed with the loss of the Bangladesh team against New Zealand. But on a different note you may have heard that the Dhaka Warriors who I affectionately call DHOKA WARRIORS won their first match against the Delhi Giants. Hope this brings some consolation.

http://twenty20world.blogspot.com/2008/10/video-highlights-13th-match-icl-t20.html

I found this site quite slow to view so if their are any better highlights please post them here.

Cheers.

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 05:23 AM
keep watch on this website as well.
http://www.ecric.net/

They also have highlights for the 1st ODI between Bangladesh and NZ

yaseer
October 21, 2008, 05:37 AM
We have a forum solely for ICL under Leagues and Tournament section. Practice is to open threads on ICL on that forum.

Thanks for the links though.

mijanur
October 21, 2008, 05:40 AM
Can alok ever play for india

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 05:42 AM
We have a forum solely for ICL under Leagues and Tournament section. Practice is to open threads on ICL on that forum.

Thanks for the links though.

Sorry Man, didnt know

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 05:43 AM
Can alok ever play for india

Everyone in the Dhoka Warriors will do anything for money. They will play for Zimbabwe if the price was right.

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 05:44 AM
would have been nice to celebrate our first ICL win with our 2nd test win :) now here is a question - do you guys think our ICL players playing better than our national team? So far they didn't dissapoint with the bat..

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 05:46 AM
I guess it is all about money, may be we should pay our national players by dollar instead of cheap TAKA.. :)

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 05:49 AM
would have been nice to celebrate our first ICL win with our 2nd test win :) now here is a question - do you guys think our ICL players playing better than our national tem? So far they didn't disspoint with the bat..

Its difficult to answer that question. This because playing 20-20 is very different from ODI and Tests. In addition playing in the ICL it is more relaxed as the opponents might not be world class.

But based on performance only, I think Alok Kapali did a remarkable innings in their last game scoring a 100.

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 05:55 AM
dhaka warriors bd team er chaite batting e bhalo abar bd team bowling e bhalo, shutorang dui dol miliye 22 joner bd team banale kemon hoi

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 05:55 AM
Dhaka Warrior so far made 142, 168 and 174. There is a consistency there.. this time Nafees and Bashar performed.. I'm surprised :)

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 05:58 AM
this is the example NZ left for us today.. when 2-3 key players performed for the team, you can easily take the match away.. JS was right about this.. our players are not clicking at the same time, 1 clicks then other collapse :)

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 06:00 AM
dhaka warriors bd team er chaite batting e bhalo abar bd team bowling e bhalo, shutorang dui dol miliye 22 joner bd team banale kemon hoi

That would have been fantastic but I'm afraid BCB will go bankrupt :)

yaseer
October 21, 2008, 06:02 AM
We should not mix or compare DW with National team.

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 06:04 AM
yaseer bhai eto defensive keno? really dhaka warriors bhalo batting side. shobai eta shikar korchhe. kapali, aftab aar specially bashar bhai ke desh asholei miss korchhe. bashar bhai er proti asholei onnai hoyechhe. he deserved more respect, ki bolen?

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 06:05 AM
We should not mix or compare DW with National team.

We're comparing the money, what money can do to you.. you can become superstar in one night :)

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 06:10 AM
Its going to interesting when they play Royal Bengal Tigers. they have a mega line up Craig McMillan,Upul Chandana,and Lance Klusener.

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 06:13 AM
yaseer bhai eto defensive keno? really dhaka warriors bhalo batting side. shobai eta shikar korchhe. kapali, aftab aar specially bashar bhai ke desh asholei miss korchhe. bashar bhai er proti asholei onnai hoyechhe. he deserved more respect, ki bolen?

I feel sorry for Bashar, he served our country for 8 years and holds the most test runs record for BD 3026 with avg of 30.87. There is nothing much BCB could do except to ban them. It was a lesson to be learned for others.. other players deserve it.

BD-BLAST
In Bangladesh what is the general impression of these players now that a bit of the media hype has reduced?

I wont be surprised if people who have actually cursed them become their supporters, if they start winning a few more matches.

yaseer

ashole thik defensive na....
Which team is better? which team is playing well? ei question gular kono answer nai as both teams are engaged in different world with different ball game. ei question gula sudhu debate toiri korbe with no solution. tai bollam, DW ar National team ke mix ba compare na korai bhalo.

About your comments, ami bolbo DW ekhon porjonto ICL er most attractive team to watch. I am loving them to watch and felt proud the way Kapali has batted so far. yes, Both Kapali and Aftab had lot to offer to BD team if they stayed. We would have some more options then. Again no one is indispensable. we have to move forward. But Bashar tar career er sesh e chole aschilo. and about his respect, eta aamder jati goto somossa, amra kauke tar due respect dite jani na. ar jani na bolei amra as a nation agateu partesi na.

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 06:16 AM
Its going to interesting when they play Royal Bengal Tigers. they have a mega line up Craig McMillan,Upul Chandana,and Lance Klusener.

Yup, they're on top and unbeaten. Why are we talking about ICL here? Ain't we suppose to hate them :) man, we're all cricket freaks... we go where cricket goes, where BD goes and our fomous players goes..

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 06:17 AM
ashole thik defensive na....
Which team is better? which team is playing well? ei question gular kono answer nai as both teams are engaged in different world with different ball game. ei question gula sudhu debate toiri korbe with no solution. tai bollam, DW ar National team ke mix ba compare na korai bhalo.

About your comments, ami bolbo DW ekhon porjonto ICL er most attractive team to watch. I am loving them to watch and felt proud the way Kapali has batted so far. yes, Both Kapali and Aftab had lot to offer to BD team if they stayed. We would have some more options then. Again no one is indispensable. we have to move forward. But Bashar tar career er sesh e chole aschilo. and about his respect, eta aamder jati goto somossa, amra kauke tar due respect dite jani na. ar jani na bolei amra as a nation agateu partesi na.

I agree that in Bangladesh people do not give due respect. Bashar has been a decent captain and has served the country well. Even Rafique who has had an immense contribution as well. BCB actually embaressed themselves the way they treated these 2 at the end of their careers.

yaseer
October 21, 2008, 06:17 AM
In Bangladesh what is the general impression of these players not that a bit of the media hype has reduced?

I wont be surprised if people who have actually cursed them become their supporters, if they start winning a few more matches.

I can say about my friends and colleagues.
All of them following and supporting DW and very happy of the win yesterday and the way kapali batted so far.
And about Media, All Bangladeshi news channel showed the news of DW's win with importance.

yaseer
October 21, 2008, 06:21 AM
Yup, they're on top and unbeaten. Why are we talking about ICL here? Ain't we suppose to hate them :) man, we're all cricket freaks... we go where cricket goes, where BD goes and our fomous players goes..

Why we suppose to hate them? Dhaka Warriors belongs to us. The name belongs to us. The players belong to us. They are all our players, all Bangladeshi. We can't hate them.

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 06:22 AM
All of them following and supporting DW and very happy of the win yesterday and the way kapali batted so far.
And about Media, All Bangladeshi news channel showed the news of DW's win with importance.

If this is the case, BCB will soon be under pressure to bring them back and have ICL game at Mirpur Stadium :)

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 06:24 AM

I will have to watch today's news then. How the media change their faces, once they were pouncing on them and now they are praising their feats. To be honest I was initially caught up by the media hype (being a Bangladeshi we are all sentimental especially when it comes to the National cricket team) but then came to realize the bare facts.

Btw,
thanks for your comments

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 06:25 AM
Why we suppose to hate them? Dhaka Warriors belongs to us. The name belongs to us. The players belong to us. They are all our players, all Bangladeshi. We can't hate them.

Spot on! Can we compare DW with National team now?

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 06:27 AM
shob chaite boro kotha, bashar bhai shommondhe baje kotha bolbar age ektu chinta kore bola uchit. bd er shob chaite shofol captain, bechara jodi perform nao kore, ekhon bd team er captain kore dileo bd team er joy er shonkha barte pare. khub e inspiring lok. to be honest with you guys, ami chai aro bd er players icl e jak, icc chap e pore icl ke boidho koruk, bd er gorib cricketer ra ektu poisha kamak. at least icl ipl er moto shudhu india er chinta kore na. kopil asholei cricket er onek bhalo korchhen bolei amar bishshash.

by the way, ei saturday east london e khela dekhar ekta ashor kora jai na? jeshob dushtu chhele ra ekshathe khela dekhte chao hath tolo, tolo bolchhi....

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 06:29 AM
tiger club bhai, for some reason amar shotti mone hoi dhaka warriors er batting depth ta bd team er shathe tulona korbar moto ba tar chaiteo bhalo. bd team er player rao bhalo, kintu oi je poishar chinta mathai thakle mon diye khelbe kibhabe, oder age bhalo poisha dewa hok. dekhben khela chole ashbe.

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 06:30 AM
icl er kichhu match bd te ante parle deshe abar cricket er jowar uthto, 90s er dike national cricket dekhte aar shunte amra je rokom pagol chhilam, shei din abar fire ashto. ami shudhu bulbul bhai er jonye mohammedan support kortam. aar second team chhilo kolabagan, athar bhai er team. nice one.

yaseer
October 21, 2008, 06:31 AM
Spot on! Can we compare DW with National team now?

you did not get me. look, in one of your post you said, "ICL players playing better than our national team". thats where my objection is. How can you compare two team who are playing in totally two different level and two different ball game?

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 06:34 AM
the way BD players performed recently, they have very good chance for the next IPL auction in February.. who knows they may earn twice the ICL money.. I think ICL should be for retirees to earn extra bucks and not for people playing in the national squad

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 06:38 AM
by the way, nazimuddin was a class. pola ta je eto kothin hitter eta to jantam na. osthir bangali ra take chance e dilo na. shame

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 06:38 AM
icl er kichhu match bd te ante parle deshe abar cricket er jowar uthto, 90s er dike national cricket dekhte aar shunte amra je rokom pagol chhilam, shei din abar fire ashto. ami shudhu bulbul bhai er jonye mohammedan support kortam. aar second team chhilo kolabagan, athar bhai er team. nice one.

don't worry mate, IPL will be creating team like Dhaka worrior for BD so we have very good chance of sponsoring game to be held at BD

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 06:40 AM
tiger_club bhai ei dabir kono reference achhe, naki shudhu asha durasha?

yaseer
October 21, 2008, 06:43 AM

If you think deshe cricket er jowar nai, then you are wrong.

deshe cricket er jowar je kono somoi er thekey beshi ache. 90s er dike amra chilam club cricket niye matoara. Amar mone ache, Damal Summer cricket er final er kotha jekhane Jadeja khelsilo and pura stadium packed hoye gesilo. But brother, now situation paltaise. Ekhon amra test team, national team niye beshi matamati kori. Amader player ra ekhon sudhu Wasim Akram er ball block korei khusi na, Australia ke porjonto harai asche. More and more people are following the game of cricket now. We have more people who understand cricket now. I doubt how many of them would know even the rules of cricket in 90's.

Amader player ra ekhon Hong-Kong or Singapore er sathe century korle star hoi na. Australia er sathe Century korle star hoi. Expectation level ei porjonto barse.....thats why flavor ta change howa te mone hote pare jowar komse, but asole borong barse

tiger_club
October 21, 2008, 06:44 AM
tiger_club bhai ei dabir kono reference achhe, naki shudhu asha durasha?

IPL will change from 8 teams to 10 teams in 2009/10..

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 06:51 AM
yaseer bhai, football eo kintu ei club er uttejona ta khub fatafati ekta jinish, amar mone hoi icl er bepar ta onek ta oi rokom. club niye onek beshi moja kora jai, national team to kichhu lokeder modhdhei shimabodhdho, aar shobcheye boro kotha ekta joy er jonye 3 bochhor wait korte hoi, shadharon lokera ki asholei shei shomoi er moto cricket shune? Allah e jane. kathhamo unnoto ekhon, eita mani, kintu shadharon manush er interest ki ager moto? ekhane ekta jinish ashchhe>> khelowar utpadon berechhe kintu shadharon jonogon er uthshaho komechhe. entertainment er bepar ta ekrokom hawa e hoye giyechhilo. whereas, club cricket e joy aar protiddondita onek beshi hoi, moja o beshi. ki bolen? amar to mone hoi icl bortomane best club cricket league aar ora khub e frndly, oder bolle must koyekta match bd te debe, we really need to get that passion back in shadharon jonogon

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 06:52 AM
It seems ICL has become like a pension fund for most of the players.

But on a serious note, if our Dhoka Warriors play well like they are doing, it has a positive impact. First of all, this has a positive impact on the country's talent. In addition an interest in our players will mean the IPL and other legit 20-20 tournaments might fancy taking on a few players from the national sides. In future Bangladesh might have its own 20-20. Only draw back from this is the ICL will still lure players from the current side.

On an economic point of view, players are earning in foreign currency it will also bring some foreign remittance into the economy.

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 06:53 AM
by the way, nazimuddin was a class. pola ta je eto kothin hitter eta to jantam na. osthir bangali ra take chance e dilo na. shame

The problem was the class player played like a Kalas unfortunately. But I think he should have been given a few more chances.

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 06:55 AM
bd blast bhai, icl international league howai bhalo, domestic howar chaite. aar bd er shei shamortho nai ekta international league khulbe, thaklei uthshaho nai. icl ta onek ta champions league er moto hoye gechhe. lets enjoy it

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 07:03 AM
bd blast bhai, icl international league howai bhalo, domestic howar chaite. aar bd er shei shamortho nai ekta international league khulbe, thaklei uthshaho nai. icl ta onek ta champions league er moto hoye gechhe. lets enjoy it

Ikthiander Bhai, I agree with your part of the enthusiasm and excitement in the ICL. Yes Bangladesh 20-20 might not be as exciting and the financial input might be limited, but I think there should be one in the future.

This is necessary to keep National players from joining tournaments like the ICL as it will bring some extra pay. Also it could be a platform where hidden talent could be discovered. In addition since 20-20 is becoming very popular these days and is now included in many tours; our National players (who have not joined the IPL) will get good practise.

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 07:08 AM
ipl kei boycott marle kemon hoi, bcci aar koto poisha kamabe?

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 07:13 AM
don't worry mate, IPL will be creating team like Dhaka worrior for BD so we have very good chance of sponsoring game to be held at BD

Hole to bhalo hobe.
But if that happens, which Stadium will they play in? Arent all Bangladesh Cricket Stadiums controlled by the BCB?

It will be interesting to see how they tackle it if the situation arises.

But I am sure if Ashghar Ali Lobby was BCB head, on one side he would have banned the players and on the other hand would have taken a huge chunk for allowing the ICL to play in Bangladesh.

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 07:13 AM
arekta jinish holo bd blast bhai, ebhabe cholte thakle baki cricketer gulo o shob icl e jabe, bechara der jokhon poishar eto shomoshsha icl ke boidho kore dilei lettha chuke jai.

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 07:20 AM
arekta jinish holo bd blast bhai, ebhabe cholte thakle baki cricketer gulo o shob icl e jabe, bechara der jokhon poishar eto shomoshsha icl ke boidho kore dilei lettha chuke jai.

I think the BCB is acting like a puppet. As there have been alot of question about Bangladesh's status, the ICC and other anti Bangladesh countries (eg:Australia) would pounce the moment BCB changes its decision and not follow the rules, for which I mean Indian Cricket Board's rule.

They will only reverse their decision, when the Indian Board recognizes the ICL.

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 07:23 AM
pura pa chatachati aar tel malish er golpo ki bolen?

auntu
October 21, 2008, 07:28 AM
the problem was the class player played like a kalas unfortunately. But i think he should have been given a few more chances.

[বাংলা]কিন্তু নাজিমউদ্দীনের শট লিমিটেড। শুধু লেগ স্ট্যাম্পের উপরের বল ছাড়া অন্য কোন লাইনের বলে বড় শট খেলতে পারে না। [/বাংলা]

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 07:31 AM
[বাংলা]কিন্তু নাজিমউদ্দীনের শট লিমিটেড। শুধু লেগ স্ট্যাম্পের উপরের বল ছাড়া অন্য কোন লাইনের বলে বড় শট খেলতে পারে না। [/বাংলা]

Maybe true, but he wasn't given the chance to improve and to learn.

Couldnt help noticing but we joined nearly on the same day in Bangla Cricket

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 07:39 AM
pura pa chatachati aar tel malish er golpo ki bolen?

I have to unfortunately say yes.

In my view BCB is not in a position to defy what the current trend to ban and sack national players from joining the ICL. The consequences for them and the Bangladesh's team might have been worse. Countries like Sri Lanka can afford to allow their players to play in the ICL, as their Test Status is not under scrutiny. It might not have been a wise decision for the BCB but maybe for them it is the only choice.

Loosing players to the ICL and other 20-20 leagues is becoming a problem for alot of boards. It will be interesting to see how they deal with the whole situation.

auntu
October 21, 2008, 07:56 AM
maybe true, but he wasn't given the chance to improve and to learn.

Couldnt help noticing but we joined nearly on the same day in bangla cricket

[বাংলা]ভালো জিনিস লক্ষ্য করেছেন তো বিডি-বিস্মোরন ! [/বাংলা]

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 08:05 AM
ami o eki mashe but tar ager bochhor e

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 08:11 AM
ami o eki mashe but tar ager bochhor e

Good observation as well
:lol:

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 08:15 AM
bhaijan apni shudhu dhaka warrior der dhoka warrior deken na, amra jara fan achhi tara mone koshto pai

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 08:20 AM
bhaijan apni shudhu dhaka warrior der dhoka warrior deken na, amra jara fan achhi tara mone koshto pai

Sorry i meant no offence, ami affectionately daki DHOKA WARRIORS. Trust me I have heard worse names given to the team.

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 08:27 AM
One more thing I saw in cricinfo that Alok Khapali is the highest top scorer in the ICL's short history. Great effort. Shame they had to loose the match

ikthiander
October 21, 2008, 08:30 AM
kapali pura kapalik er moto khello, lol

BANFAN
October 21, 2008, 08:32 AM
Another ICL thread in Bangladesh section :)

Thread opener looks to be an anti ICL activist. Is it here on purpose?
Specially posting highlights of their heroics under 'Dhoka ....'

It's only your capital (Dhaka) you disgrace, not ICL.

BD-BLAST
October 21, 2008, 09:24 AM
Some people just dont get it. People come here for some light hearted fun as well. They probably didnt even read the whole thread before providing their 2 cents.

And whats it to anyone who I support.

And to make myself more clear, I am not here to disgrace anyone nor am I an "activist" , whether its the ICL, Dhaka (all Bangladeshi's capital not only my own), or any other cockamania you can come up with. So please mind that fact!

mijanur
October 22, 2008, 04:59 AM
shariar nafees is purly crap

ghajini
October 22, 2008, 05:39 AM
Mohammed Nazimuddin & Shahriar Nafees opening partnership against Delhi giants

http://in.youtube.com/watch?v=WZFzyruP-l0

AsifTheManRahman
October 22, 2008, 08:41 AM
Nazimuddin looked really good with the way he pulled, picked up the slower ones and cut close to the body. Alok's flick over mid-wicket for six was effortless and pure timing.

Ishtylish cricketer
October 22, 2008, 10:21 AM
Nazimuddin looked really good with the way he pulled, picked up the slower ones and cut close to the body. Alok's flick over mid-wicket for six was effortless and pure timing.

Yes, Nazim's hitting was reminiscent of one Shahid Afridi. Alok's flick drive six without follow through was a reminder of what Bd's missing, his sheer class. The cricket played in ICL is not that bad but the bowling and fielding from the highlights seem a few notches below international.

BD-BLAST
October 23, 2008, 03:22 AM
I think the batsmen are doing quite nicely. Shahriar Al Mofess did have a decent knock, but I will be surprised if he has a few more good innings. Naziumddiun plays with a bit of classy strokes.

But the person to watch is Alok Kapali...until know he has played remarkably.

I am not too sure about the bowling attack though.