PDA

View Full Version : BCCI bans Sri lanka

al Furqaan
October 27, 2008, 04:06 PM
i read on ICF that the BCCI has pretty much cancelled all future bilateral series with SL due to the SLC's less than favorable stance on the IPL. anyone know anything definitive about this?

the BCCI needs some serious regime change. ruining Test/ODI cricket over the whore known as 20-20. simply unacceptable.

thank god they failed to destroy BD cricket after our little ICL pseudo-fiasco

MohammedC
October 27, 2008, 04:12 PM
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=articleheaderfont vAlign=bottom>BCCI moves against Lanka</TD></TR><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR><!-- ~~|ByLine|ArticleContentFont|height="5px"|byline|520|10| ~~--><TR><TD class=articleagencyfont>Karachi, PTI: </TD></TR><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR><TR><TD class=articlecontentfont></TD></TR><TR><TD height=5></TD></TR><!-- ~~|123Dop123|ArticleContentFont|height="5px"|DoP|520|10|~~ --><TR><TD class=ArticleContent>
Miffed at the “hostile” statements from Sri Lanka Cricket officials against Indian Premier League, the BCCI has decided to put on hold India’s all future bilateral series against Sri Lanka.

According to confidential documents obtained by PTI relating to a recent meeting between officials of the two boards, the Indians have made it clear that until the SLC changes its present hostile attitude towards BCCI, all tours by the Indian team in the FTP till 2012 stand unconfirmed.

Documents show that IPL Chairman Lalit Modi and other BCCI officials were extremely unhappy with some of the statements made by the Sri Lankan board officials particularly president Arjuna Ranatunga about the BCCI and Indian Premier League.

Read Full (http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/Oct272008/sports2008102697419.asp)
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tigers_eye
October 27, 2008, 04:15 PM
I guess that is what happens when India loses test series and future looks bleak against Murali-Mendis. Sad if this is true.

Who knew Mendis will bring down SLC because he is so good. sigh!!

MohammedC
October 27, 2008, 04:18 PM
BCCI is just Bully. We (bangladesh) are too weak to make any comments against them although they have been mistreating us ever since we got test status.

I am quite surprised CI has no mention of it apart from bail out plan which was published yesterday.

AsifTheManRahman
October 27, 2008, 04:42 PM
If this is true, the ICC should reply by banning India from all forms of cricket. ;)

al Furqaan
October 27, 2008, 06:42 PM
i think BCB and SLC should band together...i wonder how BCCI is managing this because surely SLC will not vote with BCCI after this cutting of ties.

BD Tigers
October 27, 2008, 07:40 PM
I read it yesterday. Astonishing. How cud they get away w/ it? I really hope all other test teams get together and not play w/ India. Yea that will hurt their board w/ money but at least that will teach them a lesson. In the long run, India will come around by regime change and everything will be okay.

bharat
October 27, 2008, 08:51 PM
Pretty pathetic from BCCI.

But again, being Indian I have to say SL cant have the cake and eat it too.SL cant expect to get free bail out money and go about bad mouthing BCCI.No freebies, this is a Capitalistic world.Its Give and Take.

tonoy
October 27, 2008, 09:07 PM

But again, being Indian I have to say SL cant have the cake and eat it too.SL cant expect to get free bail out money and go about bad mouthing BCCI.No freebies, this is a Capitalistic world.Its Give and Take.

Exactly. It was the SL board that was asking for the money. Plus, all of their star players wanted to play this over the England series.

Tintin
October 27, 2008, 09:45 PM
I thought that was the plan all along. Offer money and get SLC to cancel their tour of England. Once the tour was pretty much sabotaged, walk out of the deal on some pretext. Now, no money spent, SL players available for IPL and Ranatunga & co takes the blame !

England is next. Modi's problem is to get KP & Flintoff for IPL. SL is out of the way, but WI may step in. Besides ECB is not willing to let international matches in May go because they will have to pay Sky a lot if that happens.

Modi has said that it is not acceptable that the English are available only for the first few matches in April. Later added that it is better if the players negotiate directly with IPL than through ECB (remember all that talk when IPL was started, about the primacy of the cricket boards, and that even retired players would be allowed to play only if the respective boards allow them and so on?) WICB is a softer target, so if neither of these work out, BCCI can always offer them an ODI series or two in return for cancelling the England tour.

It is fascinating to watch this happen. If someone collects the different things that Modi said at different points of time, it will make great reading.

al Furqaan
October 28, 2008, 12:35 AM
could be good for us however, BCB can now very easily push SLC for 3 tests and 5 ODIs in december when SL are due to tour.

some lankan already mentioned on their last tour that ALL test series should be minimum 3 matches.

it will be good for our boys to face murali and mendis, ash should score a ton again and rajib will have a chance to get his wicket tally closer to 100.

yaseer
October 29, 2008, 05:19 AM
ICC should ban BCCI now

auntu
October 29, 2008, 05:27 AM
if this is true, the icc should reply by banning india from all forms of cricket. ;)

[বাংলা]কার ঘাড়ে কয়টা মাথা আছে?[/বাংলা]

BANFAN
October 30, 2008, 03:25 PM
Who is ICC ? This identity crisis for ICC will continue, unless some others/ICC can generate more money like BCCI . The globalization of cricket must be moved faster by ICC, that might help.

Surfer
October 31, 2008, 12:21 AM
Who is ICC ? This identity crisis for ICC will continue, unless some others/ICC can generate more money like BCCI . The globalization of cricket must be moved faster by ICC, that might help.

Thats the right question. Why is ICC allowing all this **** from BCCI? Why cant they be men enough and stop BCCI? What will BCCI do? Nothing.

Mohiul
October 31, 2008, 12:56 AM
How long the rest of the cricket world gonna tolerate this pathetic horrible attitude of BCCI?????????????????????????????????????

Come on turn the table around

rishi
October 31, 2008, 01:07 PM
I guess that is what happens when India loses test series and future looks bleak against Murali-Mendis. Sad if this is true.

Who knew Mendis will bring down SLC because he is so good. sigh!!

if that is the case they should play more matches with bangladesh and do all kind of tie-ups with them...:lol:

bujhee kom
October 31, 2008, 02:45 PM

totally agree bharat bhai. yes bcci is wrong but slc can't just have everything in their favor...it ain't that easy...

Rabz
November 4, 2008, 12:52 PM

Right you are Bharat.
It is indeed give and take.
Ranatunga and co talks too much but cant back 'em up.
Why beg india for bail-out money if you talking against its league?

ICC should ban BCCI now

And my Granda would be the Queen of England.:-D

BANFAN
November 5, 2008, 12:45 PM
Srilankan players will now be barred from playing IPL. They might even arrange a series with BD/Zim during IPL to block the players legally.

auntu
November 5, 2008, 04:27 PM
This is call Power play.

Tendulkar_Mcgrath
November 5, 2008, 05:59 PM
BCCI's role reminds me of our previous political power game. When the subcontinent countries will stop poking own nose to another country while not raising the standard of cricket.

BANFAN
November 6, 2008, 11:09 AM
BCCI's role reminds me of our previous political power game. When the subcontinent countries will stop poking own nose to another country while not raising the standard of cricket.

While that part is left on to the players. They are just trying to use their spare parts (Nose/Fingers/Voice) to keep themselves busy. :)

Ahmed_B
November 6, 2008, 11:39 AM
[বাংলা]এই ব্যপারটা শুধুমাত্র আই-পি-এল এর সাথে জড়িত নয়। আই-সি-এল এর ব্যাপারে শ্রীলঙ্কান ক্রীকেট বোর্ডের মনোভাব খুব একটা কঠীন হয়নি... এই বিষয়টাও bcci এর পছন্দ নয়। শ্রীলঙ্কান বোর্ড icl এ যাওয়া খেলোয়াড়দেরকে ঘরোয়া ক্রীকেটে খেলার অনুমতি দেওয়ায় bcci আগের থেকেই যথেষ্ট ক্ষীপ্ত![/বাংলা]

thebest
November 6, 2008, 12:18 PM
if that is the case they should play more matches with bangladesh and do all kind of tie-ups with them...:lol:
Just let Indian players know this is a WC cup match. They are worse choker than us. So we would win; then they have to ban us.

khalek
November 8, 2008, 12:02 AM
SLC dont care about it

Akib
November 8, 2008, 12:36 AM
If this is true, the ICC should reply by banning India from all forms of cricket. ;)

I agree. The rest of the teams should take a stance against this.

masudalbab
November 12, 2008, 01:40 AM
BCCI has done,doing a lot of rubbish! firstly i dont like that board,cause they havent allowed Bangladesh in India, ever.
Then they ban ICL, only because it may be threat to their monoploy. restrics top players from entering them, convince each board to stay by them, Make a copy[it is] of ICL, IPL make millions out of it. If IPL can pursue, why not ICL?what is BCCI's statement?Why is ICL illegal, when IPL[which has exact same rules] is legal?
And now when one board speaks for themselves,BCCI will banish them. Say anything against any indian player, you are gone. Any umpire you dont like, complain to ICC[yea rite] and dat umpire is never seen in an Indian game. BCCI are being very indifferent. This is not fair. ICC should put a stop to this, they should show them its ICC who runs cricket

Alien
November 13, 2008, 06:16 AM
BCCI's kahani ghar ghar ki style drama is indeed worrying. World cricketing community need to take a united stance against this menace.

sbsash
November 13, 2008, 04:48 PM
what does BCCI mean?

Dhruvo
November 13, 2008, 05:37 PM
what does BCCI mean?
Why dont you google it ?

sbsash
November 13, 2008, 05:52 PM
good idea

sbsash
November 13, 2008, 05:54 PM
Its Board of Control of Cricket in India

JonBain
November 13, 2008, 08:18 PM
I wish that PTAUA would DTA when they use them.
Yes we can JFGI, but goodness, for each person writing, there are 1000 who are reading,
so it would be preferable to just say what the acronyms are.

Often acronyms double up too. RPG is role play game, and rocket propelled grenade.

PTAUA = people that always use acronyms
DTA = describe the acronyms
JFGI = http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/

eish, people are lazy hey sbsash?

sbsash
November 13, 2008, 08:20 PM
Jon Bain,is Zulu a player?

nsd3
November 13, 2008, 11:37 PM
Jon Bain,is Zulu a player?
I guess Klusener from SA is known as Zulu. He now plays for Bengal in ICL, I heard.

rishi
November 14, 2008, 12:31 AM
Just let Indian players know this is a WC cup match. They are worse choker than us. So we would win; then they have to ban us.

Atleast team under dhoni knows whats it like winning the world cup....atleast by winning 20-20 they have made india proud...next world cup is definitely ours...u can save my remark...and if bangladesh come in our path...they will be thrashed...if defeating india in that world cup was proud moment for u..then let it be...we will be out in the first round if we cant win the cup...but 2011 cup is ours...

Bangladesh team will be thrashed by ireland for sure...:lol:

rishi
November 14, 2008, 12:34 AM

As it is ur test status already under threat which is going to be reviewed in next icc meeting...from the sources its sure that atleast 4 out of 11 have confirmed their votes for taking the test status back of bangladesh...:lol::floor:

MysoreHuli
November 14, 2008, 01:31 AM
As it is ur test status already under threat which is going to be reviewed in next icc meeting...from the sources its sure that atleast 4 out of 11 have confirmed their votes for taking the test status back of bangladesh...:lol::floor:

BD must come up with some real good performance to convince the ICC.

MysoreHuli
November 14, 2008, 01:33 AM
I agree. The rest of the teams should take a stance against this.

Good. But why aren't they atleast opening their mouth and speaking against BCCI?

rishi
November 14, 2008, 04:51 AM
Good. But why aren't they atleast opening their mouth and speaking against BCCI?

coz BCCI has a hand in getting Bangladesh getting test status...guess time has come when in the icc meeting they should take a U-turn..

Sovik
November 14, 2008, 06:42 AM

keep dreaming, may i ask who your sources are

Baundule
November 14, 2008, 06:55 AM
keep dreaming, may i ask who your sources are

His source must be lolit modi. :D

PlanetPak
November 25, 2008, 12:56 PM
BCCI might be by far the richest cricket board in the world but from a moral point of view they are bankrupt.

bharat
November 25, 2008, 02:50 PM
Morality !! Man you must be kidding me..its a nice recourse ..where did PCB's morality go when they needed(which is day in and day out) BCCI's help ?

Where did PCB's morality go when they 'dis' banned Shoib and Asif after they drug abuse ...

Please man ! Keep the morality talk off ...I agree BCCI has been acting selfish . Yes and it should . The money is givings its power to keep Indian cricket in the forefront.Thats its job !!!

As for Pakistan's board it is getting what it wants from BCCI , the money and the clout by being with the BCCI.Be it the Champions trophy or the Ball Tampering faisco !

Its a give and take world.No board has any obligation to the other.BCCI is supporting BCB or PCB for its own good and same goes for BCB or PCB.Keep the morality talk off ...

PlanetPak
November 25, 2008, 04:03 PM
Morality !! Man you must be kidding me..its a nice recourse ..where did PCB's morality go when they needed(which is day in and day out) BCCI's help ?

Where did PCB's morality go when they 'dis' banned Shoib and Asif after they drug abuse ...

Please man ! Keep the morality talk off ...I agree BCCI has been acting selfish . Yes and it should . The money is givings its power to keep Indian cricket in the forefront.Thats its job !!!

As for Pakistan's board it is getting what it wants from BCCI , the money and the clout by being with the BCCI.Be it the Champions trophy or the Ball Tampering faisco !

Its a give and take world.No board has any obligation to the other.BCCI is supporting BCB or PCB for its own good and same goes for BCB or PCB.Keep the morality talk off ...

Who is defending PCB?
both are gutter organizations.

Tigers_eye
November 25, 2008, 05:19 PM
both are gutter organizations.
Can we add BCB too? don't leave us behind. How about WICA? Zim board? And there is SA with color issue.

No wonder ICC is a top notch worthless organization.

Eshen
December 1, 2008, 12:18 PM
Everything that goes around comes around, now India is in trouble finding teams to tour the country.

bharat
December 1, 2008, 03:07 PM
Everything that goes around comes around, now India is in trouble finding teams to tour the country.

Really ??

When that day really comes, down goes ICC and will also take the smaller boards like PCB,BCB ,WIBand SLB board along with it.

SA,Aus,NZ,Eng will somehow survive but what will happen to the 'Asian Block' in particular and ICC in general ?

If Indian Cricket sinks "or things come around to haunt it" so will the boards that depend on it.

Never will World cricket let it happen, no one (except the Pak Fans) in the cricket world care if countries dont visit Pak but the cricket body realizes that they cant survive without the 80% of the revenue.

So for now .."thinks coming around for India" is just a fantasy for some.

WarWolf
December 1, 2008, 07:12 PM
Sorry Bharat, I don't agree with you. BCCI is thinking itself as "USA" of cricketing world. Due to the power they can...But there's a great difference. BCCI is having big problem inside its own country from involved parties like IPL. Dont forget that that IPL also involves with a lots of money from big giants. So it don't see BCCI is doing what ever it wishes in the future. People from India will stop them doing whatever they like....

MysoreHuli
December 2, 2008, 04:27 AM

Which team ru talking of? Stopping the ODI series was the right thing when u had those idiots running mad in Mumbai, and as for the Test series its been held as scheduled except for the venue change. And no other teams have expressed of not travelling to India as they do it to Pakistan.

bharat
December 2, 2008, 12:03 PM
Sorry Bharat, I don't agree with you. BCCI is thinking itself as "USA" of cricketing world. Due to the power they can...But there's a great difference. BCCI is having big problem inside its own country from involved parties like IPL. Dont forget that that IPL also involves with a lots of money from big giants. So it don't see BCCI is doing what ever it wishes in the future. People from India will stop them doing whatever they like....

WarWolf your premise that the people of India are fed up of BCCI might be wrong ! BCCI on its part (never before has it done this) in the recent years has been pumping money into Indian cricket.As far as I can see Indian public are happy with BCCI.

Also, you dont have to agree with me but directly or indirectly BCCI has done more good to the Asian boards than harm.

Samit Bal rightly puts it (source cricinfo)It holds good more for the Asian block (including Pak) than the non-Asain blocks.

The cancellation of the Twenty20 Champions League directly affects the finances of many cricket boards, and the IPL has shown the players the kind of instant wealth that would have been beyond their dreams a year ago. Just like the American economy, the Indian cricket economy involves all cricket nations. The global recession spread from the subprime crisis in America. Everyone wants to be spared the chill; the anxiety to keep Indian cricket in good health is born, at least partly, of the natural instinct for self-preservation. It is unpalatable but understandable.

Banning the ICL too is an "instinct for self-preservation" be it the PCB or the BCB.

MohammedC
December 10, 2008, 12:19 PM
Indian officials may re-open some old cricket match fixing files that were shut nearly a decade ago, with a view of sending a message to a few of the former Sri Lanka players who were alleged to have been having links with the infamous Indian bookie M. K. Gupta, sources told the “Daily Mirror” yesterday. Indian officials who are reportedly unhappy with the Sri Lankan situation and the cricket relations which are at a very low ebb, have decided to pursue the issue and have been in touch with several former Sri Lankan cricket officials to secure vital documents, sources added.

http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Sections/frmNewsDetailView.aspx?ARTID=34672

So, why they did not bring this up before. BCCI obviously knew about it for long time but did not say anything because SLC and BCCI were in good terms. now that SLC have upset BCCI they are digging up an old case from grave.